Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the latest and greatest in vaping hardware the long term users have?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      What is the latest and greatest in vaping hardware the long term users have?
      It's really gone all towards the cloud vaping from what I've seen.
      Im still using the istick pico with my large aspire tank that I got from China a year ago.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

A team full of players whose job is to support the creative players on their club team. Runners, harriers, pressers. Nothing at the tip of the spear
        Goes all the way back to underage coaching.

Given the level of participation in soccer in Ireland,
        We really need to look at coaching as to why we can’t produce better players.

Yes we have competing sports but they aren’t mutually exclusive, lots of players play 2 or 3 sports (and that should be a good thing) yet we can’t produce skillful ballers.

The FAI have made a balls of two generations of enthusiasm, 1990 and 2002, with their inability to get decent underage coaching structures in place. It’s really disappointing because Ireland as a sporting nation should be battering Finland and Iceland and Georgia in soccer yet we struggle.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I thought we were ok against Finland ( not a great result for me ffs) on the plus side we played ok My nephew plays for Shels under 19. Good standard of players and the training is unreal however the path to the big time is blocked by the cream of Europe playing in the PL. The current team would beat Traps lot imo. Patience , the next batch are decent .

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
            It's really gone all towards the cloud vaping from what I've seen.
            Im still using the istick pico with my large aspire tank that I got from China a year ago.
            Wow, things have really moved on.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Any of our academics on here harassing their former beauty queen colleagues?
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                Any of our academics on here harassing their former beauty queen colleagues?
                I always assumed that's why Hitch was kicked out of Francechose to move back to our fair isle
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I wonder what Denny would make of this:

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        You would like to think the Djokovic thing is some kind of karmic retribution for this. And this.

He's a fucking moron of the highest order.
                        Its simply glorious. Had a good laugh at that. And the defenders on twitter taking up for him.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Freshers parties in 2020 (stolen from reddit)

22275oemuql51.jpg?width=960&auto=webp&s=fefafd08efe6b4bf7316e93b01686455d6742be6.jpg

Comment

Trump gone odds against in spots now. 6/5 with PP.

Comment

Everyone has known since week 2 of Covid but is commercial property starting to crash now?
                              Drove through Cherrywood last weekend. Couldn't believe the amount of offices going up. Must have been near 20 cranes.

Who is going to be in them when they're complete!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Its this breadmaker with 1,500 ratings and a 4.8 rating. Read a few other reviews and they were all pretty much along the lines of - there's no competition as Panasonic have perfected the breadmaker. £153 new, which is a decent enough price given it will pay itself back soon enough as bread works out at about 40 cents to make.

I only made half-and-half today: half wholemeal, half plain flour, but there's loads of recipes there that all seem simple. Takes about five hours from start to finish, and you can set up a timer so it bings right as you wake up in the morning.
                                Want one.

Looking forward to your review.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oh it was amazing - that first loaf, wow! We nearly devoured the whole loaf this evening. Just with proper butter (and none of that Kerry scam butter) melting into the warm bread. Let's see how it holds up for sandwiches tomorrow but it seems next level. As well as being ridic handy. Five mins it takes to pop the ingredients in and press the start button. Nothing else to do then except wait five hours for the bread to come out perfect. Can use a timer to have it ready for when you wake up in the morning.
                                      Great stuff. I'm going to get one.

I imagine the smell was great too. Be lovely to wake up to.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

DJ going to get this over the line?
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Trump gone odds against in spots now. 6/5 with PP.
                                            Do I remember you getting one of those Eames style lounge chairs a while back? How are you liking it if so?

Comment

Do I remember you getting one of those Eames style lounge chairs a while back? How are you liking it if so?
                                              I did!
                                              Very comfortable, nice leather. The height takes a bit of getting used to as they are low to the ground but that's what the ottoman is for.

This is the one I got.I'm sure you can get both cheaper and more expensive versions.

Comment

I did!
                                                Very comfortable, nice leather. The height takes a bit of getting used to as they are low to the ground but that's what the ottoman is for.

This is the one I got.I'm sure you can get both cheaper and more expensive versions.
                                                I think even the cheapest decentish knock-offs are still in the ~€600 region. They're pricey clearly, but they sure do look good!

Comment

I think even the cheapest decentish knock-offs are still in the ~€600 region. They're pricey clearly, but they sure do look good!
                                                  Yeah, it's something to last years (hopefully, if the kids don't wreck it). Very nice for reading in - bought an anglepoise lamp to sit beside it.

Still on the hunt for a small little coffee table to go beside it

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    Everyone has known since week 2 of Covid but is commercial property starting to crash now?
                                                    Drove through Cherrywood last weekend. Couldn't believe the amount of offices going up. Must have been near 20 cranes.

Who is going to be in them when they're complete!

Wonder how deep various pension funds have their plums sunk into the commercial propert safe bet

Comment

Chinese firm Sinovac Biotech Ltd said on Monday its coronavirus vaccine candidate appeared to be safe for older people, according to preliminary results from an early to mid-stage trial, while the immune responses triggered by the vaccine were slightly weaker than younger adults.

Comment

got the same letter as Solks got yesterday, would have thought they should at the very least be saying which class has got it. We have 2 kids in there so 4/1 shot.

A case of Covid-19 associated with xxxx National School was notified to the Department of Public Health East on 7th September, 2020.

Contact tracing for relevant children and staff will be arranged in accordance with national guidelines. Anyone who develops symptoms of COVID should contact their GP by telephone.

Comment

Comment

Hmmm seems somepeople dont really have a sense of humour. Woke up to a barrage of messages in one group just for my 9.30pm post questioning giving Junior Infants homework so early into the school year

Comment

Luckily the Brits haven't decided to start acting up over trade post Brexit, or anything important like that.
                                                              decided to start acting up?

Comment

Financial Services is pretty big, no? Especially in the context of Brexit.

Although I'm still bitter my 25/1 lock didn't even get a mention in the nomination process

Comment

Comment

Comment

Valdis Dombrovkis ex Latvia PM gets Trade portfolio.

Comment

got the same letter as Solks got yesterday, would have thought they should at the very least be saying which class has got it. We have 2 kids in there so 4/1 shot.

And now, just to complete this day's portion of joy, eldest child had to be picked up from secondary school with 'really bad headache'.

Thankfully no elevated temperature. Sent her to bed with a glass of water. Dr Raoul at your service.

Feel like General Custer here.

Comment

Two work tidbits:

The wife was telling her boss that I was a bit peeved at the likelihood of working from home for the next year and the boss said I could use some of their Dogpatch credits to have an office there. So could maybe use it for 2/3 days a week as would want to stay home the rest of the time. But is that silly? I'm unsure if it is or not. It seems to be taking on an unnecessary commute almost for the sake of it, but it might have a nice 'prof goes undercover in tech camp' future story to it.

Got the work laptop today and seems you can't install anything - nothing at all - on the computer without bringing it into IS Services and getting special permission for each individual extra software. I've maybe 50-80 extra programmes so that's not a goer. Messaged my pal who works there and asked him what to do. He said that he got funding to buy a special high-powered laptop for a good few grand two years ago only to realise it had that same restriction and there was nothing could be done about it. So he suggested following in his example and using it to keep out the draught on the office window. So I've shut down this brand new laptop after 10 minutes and like him will almost certainly never open it again. I'm not sure they are using their IT resources budget optimally.
                                                                          get permission to install a VM, then put everything on that
                                                                          Or....
                                                                          sweet talk to IT monkey to get around restrictions citing valid use cases
                                                                          Or....
                                                                          Edit the GPO to install, but probably anger the IT gods
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

6 months working from home today.

Comment

...

Comment

Just for the sake of clarity, is the joke that there isn't homework and you were trying to freak out the most keen parents?
                                                                                Correct, wasn't as hard as I imagined too. Couple of comments about stressed mothers/global pandemics yada yada. The only other lad in the group seems to have found it hilarious at least. Kept the head down at dropoff this morning

Comment

And now, just to complete this day's portion of joy, eldest child had to be picked up from secondary school with 'really bad headache'.

Thankfully no elevated temperature. Sent her to bed with a glass of water. Dr Raoul at your service.

Feel like General Custer here.
                                                                                  Not that I would doubt the validity of the headache but if perchance she doesn’t have a headache. It’s well played , she saw an opportunity and seized the moment for the day/s off school. I remember pretending to faint in school as 2 other lads had done so and got a great deal of attention and got sent home. My effort was akin to fair city acting and the teacher spotted me smiling as I put my head in my arms . He roared – ‘CLYNES’ (this usually meant bad news). Damn that smirk as I had perfected the fall very well and the initial FFS not another one made me think I’d hit a homer . I couldn’t hold it together though as his FFS hit a funny bone with me. Lost all credibility after that , sore tummy sir… SHUT UP CLYNES. . It was sore.

Comment

Financial Services is pretty big, no? Especially in the context of Brexit.

Although I'm still bitter my 25/1 lock didn't even get a mention in the nomination process
                                                                                    Got to be the most unirish thing ever that the job goes to the person who wanted the job, put themselves forward publicly and actively campaigned to get it!
                                                                                    I met her a few times way back when she was starting out as an agricultural journalist, there was no mistaking her ambition and that she was someone who was all about career and getting ahead.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's all just a negotiation thing. They need to make EU belief they are stupid enough to do this. Something that Teresa May wasn't able to do. They've no real intention of doing anything of the type.

From the bit I read that seemed most convincing a few weeks ago there are just two outstanding issues between Brits and EU - fishing and something else minor enough. But they already have informal agreement on services passporting and that's the only bit they *must* have.

So it's a last push to get those remaining bits over the line, but they're definitely not abandoning the deal.
                                                                                      Jonathan Jones apparently does not agree

Antes up

Cummings Coup continues

Comment

Hi everyone, long time no chat!

Any of you done an online renewal for a child's passport? I did it etc and I have paid. My issue is that the link to upload the consent and ID form is missing. I have spoken to webchat already and they were sending another link to do it, which never appeared. I only have so many more days left to get this done...

Comment

It's all just a negotiation thing. They need to make EU belief they are stupid enough to do this. Something that Teresa May wasn't able to do. They've no real intention of doing anything of the type.
                                                                                          You are magnificently wrong.

You don't ever, EVER, suggest in international negotiation that you might unilaterally withdraw from an agreement you freely signed up to or try to override it domestically. The era of a rules based world is based almost entirely on that single principle. If a country signs an agreement it sticks to it. That has to be how this works.

The UK even suggesting this course of action, let alone actually being mental enough to do it, is so spectacularly stupid as to almost be unthinkable. Why would anyone ever make a concession to the UK in international negotiation ever again?
                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

You don't ever, EVER, suggest in international negotiation that you might unilaterally withdraw from an agreement you freely signed up to or try to override it domestically. The era of a rules based world is based almost entirely on that single principle. If a country signs an agreement it sticks to it. That has to be how this works.

The UK even suggesting this course of action, let alone actually being mental enough to do it, is so spectacularly stupid as to almost be unthinkable. Why would anyone ever make a concession to the UK in international negotiation ever again?
                                                                                            This really demands another tombstone

generate.php?top1=Hitchhiker&top2=Magnificently+Wrong&top3=To+the+death&top4=RIP&sp=.jpg

Comment

I think today's resignation would suggest hitchs data based opinion posting needs some reworks
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Hope I'm wrong but I can see Hitch's line being recast in the great tradition of movie posters as
                                                                                                they are stupid enough to do this
                                                                                                They are cornering themselves into a position where the bluff call or fold will be their final option, its always been where the true blue brexshiteer was aiming towards.

The rhetoric being spouted by various Cummings mouthpieces on the last 24 hours has been astonishing, there was one guy on Newsnight who clearly didn't believe a word of the spin he was given and was cringing i with embarrassment as he tried to defend it as some minor technical detail about what goods would be at risk of leaking over the border.

Comment

...

Comment

lols.

I would indeed be magnificently wrong if they had not already tried many variations of this exact same negotiation strategy (Wait ... maybe my superpower is the power of memory?). We've already over the last few years had many conversations appalled at what the UK has suggested it would do. Its all about ratcheting up to keep the home turf happy, they're not actually going to do any of this stuff - like all the times before - its about playacting that they are serious about walking. They even discussed this strategy publically around the time that they were getting rid of May - that the problem with May (they said) was she didn't convince the EU she was serious about walking when she was negotiating. This is exactly the type of idea that a Cummings with a hard-on for undergrad game theory would come up with.
                                                                                                    Ok.

When May was negotiating the Withdrawal Agreement (i.e before there was an agreement) she and the UK parliament signalled that they might walk away leading to a No-Deal Brexit. There was nothing wrong with that. You don't have to negotiate with anyone. The UK were perfectly entitled to walk away on WTO terms.

Then they signed a binding international agreement.

Now they are suggesting they would renege on an agreement they only recently signed or would seek to overturn it domestically without reference to their negotiating partner. That is not the same thing. Maybe your superpower is failing to understand the difference between things. The home audience is not the relevant one here. It's every other country on earth. You cannot even suggest this stuff. Because either its a completely transparent bluff, in which case nobody would take you seriously for having made it, or you intend to act upon it in which case nobody could ever trust you ever again.

You do realise that the reason nobody ever does this is because the rules based world order requires that nobody does this. Requires that nobody even suggests it. When this happened 150 years ago the fallback was open hostilities between nations. That's really not an option anymore (not a serious one anyway) and so we all have to operate on very basic presumptions like treaties are binding and we will treat them as binding.

Comment

...

Comment

I'm not for a second suggesting they are smart, in case that is coming across. It seems standard brit stupidity. I think its probably the above of the two reasons you gave.

By the way, the post of mine you quoted was me saying 'its all just a negotiation thing' and you saying 'you are magnificently wrong', and then raoul doing up a gravestone with 'you are magnificently wrong', and then you coming back with how it might be all just a negotiation thing. I'm confused.
                                                                                                        You suggested it was a reasonable or even remotely acceptable negotiation tactic. It’s not. It can never be a negotiation tactic. It’s the equivalent of negotiating a sale of your house by saying that if the other side don’t buy it you’ll burn it to the ground. It doesn’t advance your position one centimeter and it can only harm your short, medium and long term interests. There is literally no upside to this approach for the UK. It’s why nobody ever does it. This isn’t a negotiation tactic, it can’t be.

Comment

...

Comment

It feels very likely that the UK side have accepted that they're hitting 01-Jan with no deal. And this is all just posturing for the domestic political audience.

Which is fine. Whatever.

The real problem is the complete and utter lack of a 'what comes next' plan. They really have no idea. And they are busy destroying all of their relationships with Europe in the process, putting themselves behind the famed Burundi in the negotiating queue.

Maybe they have to physically feel the pain to get it.

Comment

...the reason nobody ever does this is because the rules based world order requires that nobody does this. Requires that nobody even suggests it. When this happened 150 years ago the fallback was open hostilities between nations. That's really not an option anymore (not a serious one anyway) and so we all have to operate on very basic presumptions like treaties are binding and we will treat them as binding.
                                                                                                              In fairness to Hitch and a lot of the media yesterday because of what you are saying here it did look like such an outrageous play that it should only have been a flag waving exercise for domestic consumption.

Cummings has definitely ratcheted it up a few notches
                                                                                                              Feels to me like the actual legislation is designed to nuke all progress and move the focus back to the NI border.
                                                                                                              Absolutely no point in carrying on talking about state aid and fishing if they have legislated themselves a get out of jail free card albeit a card that will bust them and put us in a very difficult position regarding the North.

Comment

...

Comment

After all that has happened in the past 4 years the world has moved to an almost incredulous state of mistrust of each other. If’s not as imperative (to them) that the UK stick to their agreement as it once was. They will simply decide based upon their own ever growing arrogance . They will blame it all on the confusing havoc of brexit and point fingers outward. Their negotiating strength will be weakened but not as much as you might think. Things move on so quickly. It’s not so long ago <enter atrocity of your choice) > . Let’s say China are going to do a deal down the road with the UK. Will they say, oh sorry no, you pulled out of a signed agreement with Europe. I dunno. The current world chaos has written new rules or rather ignored the rules completely . People will be led astray by the best trade deal they can get and the previous ‘rules’ will be less and less important. . It’s more cutthroat than ever . Who actually knows what is going to happen next.
                                                                                                                  The slippery slope to our demise is in motion . Starting with the Civil war in the US (J) . CHIMPS- YOU BLEW IT UP. GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL…..

WJC (monster raving looney party)

Comment

Whats the story with the Debenhams crew? Is redundancy pay not a legal requirement? Thought there was a standard thing like you are owed e.g. a week per year of service, but in the paper today they are talking about being offered something ridic low like a days pay per year of service (although its a union rep saying that). I do realise the company has to have money for that to happen, but surely redundancy is first amongst all creditors except revenue commissioners and those stores they are freeing up have decent value.
                                                                                                                    That’s what they were offered on top of statutory redundancy. They wanted 4 weeks per year on top, the liquidator offered one day per year on top.

Comment

Ignore me I've been sniffing Jaffa Cakes this morning. It never ends well

Comment

No I didn't say it was remotely acceptable or reasonable! You quoted my actual words: "It's all just a negotiation thing. They need to make EU belief they are stupid enough to do this."
                                                                                                                        If I’ve taken you up wrong then my apologies. I very much took it that your initial tone of “it’s just a...” implied you felt it wasn’t a big deal and was, thus, a valid ploy. That was very much what I thought was wrong.

Comment

"It's all just a negotiation thing. They need to make EU belief they are stupid enough to do this."
                                                                                                                          But if they're stupid enough to do this, then there is no point negotiating with them....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X