Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait until the kids arrive home with someone else's mask on.
    WTF HH JNR THATS NOT YOUR MASK!
    Jimmy has mine Daddy , we played swapsies

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      So started work today with a group zoom. Rate my opening banter, please? There was a silence at the end with an 'well anyway ...' shuffle from the head guy. About four people there at this point. Average age of 50-55 or so.

Ah no, we cant have any more...not where i like to stick it, wha!!

TY J.Carr for that one.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        Question for the all knowing BBV

Let's say you were in work and needed to have a shit and let's say that this shit was the absolute most foulest shit you've ever had.

I'm talking the smell is so bad, it is wafting out the toilet door and down the corridor - people's nose hair is starting to burn as they smell it, some people are starting to cough as if they've just inhaled some nefarious white powder that was posted to them as part of a terrorist act.

Let's say you are this person who had this shit. You are in the cubicle, having just finished your business (there is only one cubicle in the toilet) and just before you are about to leave the cubicle, you hear somebody washing their hands at the sink. Do you

A) Wait until they leave the toilet as sweet mother of baby Jesus (sorry Kayroo) , you don't want to face anybody after that shit and for them to know that it actually came from inside your body.

or

B) Walk out and start to make small talk as if you hadn't just performed a bodily movement akin to the dropping of a nuclear bomb on war torn Japan.

lol

Was on a road trip many moons ago and driving in to San Diego (looking to check in) needing to go(at Defcon 2, not quite turtle heading at this stage) Drinking the night before/takeaway food
        One of the lads is a fussy fucker about smells and cleanliness and discounted the first place because it smelled of piss.
        Second place was burnt food smell or some bollox like that.
        Now I'm at Defcon 3 and im "whatever the next place is we are fucking taking it, that's it"
        Im driving too so will have to find parking as were hitting the centre of town.
        So park the car and we hit the lobby of this fairly grand old style hotel, big huge long lobby and I'm wondering will I be able to make it to the desk, check in and make it to the room.
        So were approaching the desk and I see this kid getting sick outside the restaurant.
        See my mate grimacing and rush the last few feet to the desk
        "wheres the bathroom my friends will check in"
        He points back down the lobby so I now have to negotiate a tricky 20 metres, stiff legged, clenching and sweating like Prince Andrew when he heard Ghisaine Maxwell was arrested.
        Make it to the toilet which was basically a cupboard accessing directly on to the lobby.
        Anyway jocks off quicker than Our Conor on the last 2 furlongs of Cheltenham and utter, blissful relief.
        Someone starts pounding on door (I've only just got in) and I'm there "ill be a few minutes"
        More pounding and sort of angry noises "ill be out in a minute ffs" I'm sayin
        Finally finish and open door to be greeted by the security guard desperate to get past me despite his disgust at the stench. I had a big grin on with a "I wouldnt be in a hurry to get in there mate" He actually snarled at me as he barged past.

The lads were cracking up

We could smell you from the lobby.
        They went nearer to the smell of the kids vomit to get away from it.
        Last edited by dinekes; 01-09-20, 15:14.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've had this sausage as a starter in Grano, Stoneybatter. It was in a little terracota dish with a candle heating the base I believe. Awesome kick of heat. Simply delicious some bread and olive oil. Grano is an excellent little restaurant and I can't wait to head back there.

On the topic of Italian restaurants I was in another great little spot a couple of weeks back that just blew my mind - Sprezzatura just off Camden St. If I'm not mistaken almost all of the staff and kitchen are Brazilian. This takes nothing away from the brilliant pasta which is freshly made each day. The price is outrageously cheap for what you get - the dessert was only €3.50 and total was €50 for two (1x starter, 2x mains, 2x glasses of wine, 2x desserts + tip). Ordering done online via your phone is a big plus for me too. Food was exceptional for that pice point.
          Last edited by coillcam; 01-09-20, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I'm pretty sure I've had this sausage as a starter in Grano, Stoneybatter. It was in a little terracota dish with a candle heating the base I believe. Awesome kick of heat. Simply delicious some bread and olive oil. Grano is an excellent little restaurant and I can't wait to head back there.

On the topic of Italian restaurants I was in another great little spot a couple of weeks back that just blew my mind - Sprezzatura just off Camden St. If I'm not mistaken almost all of the staff and kitchen are Brazilian. This takes nothing away from the brilliant pasta which is freshly made each day. The price is outrageously cheap for what you get - the dessert was only €3.50 and total was €50 for two (1x starter, 2x mains, 2x glasses of wine, 2x desserts + tip). Ordering done online via your phone is a big plus for me too. Food was exceptional for that pice point.

Yes ive had that in grano also, fantastic little restaurant and reasonably priced. Ill be off to check out that other recommendation v soon!
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              9 year old has just gone into Temple St for an X-Ray after swallowing a 50c coin.

Seems like a bizarre thing to do at that age and I was quite sure the advice would be 'do nothing and it will come out the other end tomorrow' but no, GP was rung and she has to get checked out. Luckily it's Mrs D3's turn for hospital duty.
              Any change?

Comment

217 new cases. Close the schools!!!
                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  Where would be a good start to get a suit for getting married in? (Dublin)
                  Myself and the missus moved our wedding to November but things aren't looking too good so we decided to postpone to November 2021 currently have a Louis Copeland suit hanging in the wardrobe that now won't be used for an extra year +

Congrats on the nuptials.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I wish people would have the good sense not to post loving pictures of their horrible little disease vectors in their way to put the country into lockdown again

Comment

Jaysus lads, ye can flush far earlier in the toilet process, it doesn't have to be the last thing.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Yes ive had that in grano also, fantastic little restaurant and reasonably priced. Ill be off to check out that other recommendation v soon!
                        Go for it man, let me know what you think. Although I feel you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Jaysus lads, ye can flush far earlier in the toilet process, it doesn't have to be the last thing.
                          Thought you were going to correct dinekes for his having the Defcon numbers in the incorrect order

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                            I wish people would have the good sense not to post loving pictures of their horrible little disease vectors in their way to put the country into lockdown again
                            CC was joking, I hope. There's no way the current numbers are caused by school, it's far too early.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

CC was joking, I hope. There's no way the current numbers are caused by school, it's far too early.
                              Was wondering if we'd had the first intersex or non-binary case. 217 cases, 103 are in men, and 113 are women

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Was wondering if we'd had the first intersex or non-binary case. 217 cases, 103 are in men, and 113 are women
                                  My dog has it .

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    The ol courtesy flush .

Comment

Of course...but there's no doubt the numbers will rise in a week or two because parents are too liberal to lock their kids in the cupboard during office hours.

Comment

217 new cases. Close the schools!!!
                                        300 new school bags also. (I'll get me coat )

Comment

Of course...but there's no doubt the numbers will rise in a week or two because parents are too liberal to lock their kids in the cupboard during office hours.
                                          That's ridiculous.

SPOILERI lock them in the shed obvs, can't hear their wailing from there.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Any change?
                                            Did get a bill from Temple St for a hundred bucks today.

She won't be doing that again.

Comment

She won't be doing that again.
                                              What were they doing with coins anyway? I resisted going cashless more than most, though I still keep a 1 and 2 yoyo coin for shopping trollies.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

The ol courtesy flush .
                                                Bit dangerous. You do the courtesy flush and then after finishing your business realise it's a slow filling toilet and there isn't enough water in the tank for the final proper flush. I'd say many of us innocent bystanders would prefer no floating turds greeting us on arrival in the cubicle over a risk-taking courtesy flusher. Speaking for the silent majority here.

Comment

Trump fav on Betfair
                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                    Trump fav on Betfair
                                                    I've a grand on Biden now after topping up today when he moved into 10/11. Might give it a month before getting the final €500 on.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                      Trump fav on Betfair
                                                      Fav to be taken out during the campaign IMO

I probably should wait for Denny to reparse for me to a harmless misquote but a man who has compared the shooting of an unarmed man in the back seven times to a missed putt is trying to stoke up hatred and division for electoral advantage is probably going to stir up enough anger to get himself in the firing line.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bit dangerous. You do the courtesy flush and then after finishing your business realise it's a slow filling toilet and there isn't enough water in the tank for the final proper flush. I'd say many of us innocent bystanders would prefer no floating turds greeting us on arrival in the cubicle over a risk-taking courtesy flusher. Speaking for the silent majority here.
                                                        Ha ha that's it

Was in Frsnce last summer. Nice meal al Fresco and of course only 1 tiny little broom closet Jax. Plumbing about 50 years old with a complicated but delicate looking flush system which I managed to break. Was only a piss but I was frantically trying to fix the fucking thing as could hear people waiing outside. Eventually just said sod it and left. Slight shrug of the shoulders and gesturing back towards the toilet in a nonchalant "cest pas mon affaire" type way.

Always getting in to these "uh oh" type situations.
                                                        I'll be opening a door in a hotel and a doorhandle will come off in my hand or stuff like that. "Thars ok sir happens all the time"

Comment

Must give that a listen when have a free listening spot. After your post earlier I was trying to find a decent book on the promise and potential impact of VR. Couldn't see anything decent at all - did you ever hear of anything?
                                                          No can't recommend anything.

I was interested to see how difficult the programming is involved behind it all as the market is only going to continue to grow. Like the early days of mobile apps, if you can create simple good ideas with mass appeal it could be very lucrative but I decided to play the pokers instead last month. Bad decision

That kind of programming is hard though. Mainly down to the math and physics involved in the worlds. I did some very simple augmented reality stuff before and even that was difficult. Although I was working in a very low-level library whereas if you use some kind of engine like Unity I presume it abstracts much of that stuff away from you but never used it. I see Unity recently moved an office to Dublin.

Some guy stuck up a post on Reddit with a tutorial to do that mapping thing of the room I posted a while back where your physical room matches the VR environment so I am gonna give that a go and see how I get on.
                                                          Last edited by Opr; 01-09-20, 22:10.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Myself and the missus moved our wedding to November but things aren't looking too good so we decided to postpone to November 2021 currently have a Louis Copeland suit hanging in the wardrobe that now won't be used for an extra year +

Congrats on the nuptials.
                                                            Cheers.

We're still booked in for November. Hopeful it'll be alright as there's only 14 guests

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Ha ha that's it

Was in Frsnce last summer. Nice meal al Fresco and of course only 1 tiny little broom closet Jax. Plumbing about 50 years old with a complicated but delicate looking flush system which I managed to break. Was only a piss but I was frantically trying to fix the fucking thing as could hear people waiing outside. Eventually just said sod it and left. Slight shrug of the shoulders and gesturing back towards the toilet in a nonchalant "cest pas mon affaire" type way.

Always getting in to these "uh oh" type situations.
                                                              I'll be opening a door in a hotel and a doorhandle will come off in my hand or stuff like that. "Thars ok sir happens all the time"

French cafes definitely consider their toilet merely having a wonky seat as them being totally on top of their customer's toiletry needs. They must have skipped the Plumbing class in favour of Advanced Shrugging in French Bar College.

Comment

The 1st load should be the mudderload . This carries the main bulk . The initial release contains the offending odour. The lid should be shut when dispatching the mudderload. Take this opportunity to work on you sphincter muscle and perhaps some squats to build up the scrawny legs . If the 2nd lesser of the two evil jobbies remains . Leave the toilet in good faith. , you did what was humanly possible at the time .

Comment

Ah the BBV... One day pondering the deep ethics, religion and logical thinking.... The next, the art of taking a shit.

"diverse" doest even come close to describing you lot
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

No can't recommend anything.

I was interested to see how difficult the programming is involved behind it all as the market is only going to continue to grow. Like the early days of mobile apps, if you can create simple good ideas with mass appeal it could be very lucrative but I decided to play the pokers instead last month. Bad decision

That kind of programming is hard though. Mainly down to the math and physics involved in the worlds. I did some very simple augmented reality stuff before and even that was difficult. Although I was working in a very low-level library whereas if you use some kind of engine like Unity I presume it abstracts much of that stuff away from you but never used it. I see Unity recently moved an office to Dublin.

Some guy stuck up a post on Reddit with a tutorial to do that mapping thing of the room I posted a while back where your physical room matches the VR environment so I am gonna give that a go and see how I get on.
                                                                    you'd be better off getting into the nuances of DApps, IMO, distributed APPs, VR is a little like AI which has been 50 years coming and almost ready, I'm not as sure about VR as I am about DApps.

And lol, all new engineers will wait until the SDK is easy to use

Not suggesting you're one of those new engineers !
                                                                    Last edited by paul8200; 01-09-20, 23:23. Reason: Clarity

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1674114]

She won't be doing that again.[/QUOTE]

Ah so the net adjusted bill was €99.50

Comment

Alright now folks, need your expertise for this one. Over the years, every Irish movie that was mentioned to me I tried to keep track of and at a later date acquire so I could have a pretty decent list.. and now, I'm trying to make sure that the list is not missing some glaringly obvious choices, or even just some good Irish movies I don't have. It's a long auld list, some are probably not even that Irish to be honest, and the ones with a star I have still yet to get a decent version of but happy with new ones if you have any!

SPOILER [TABLE="border: 1, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]a date for mad mary[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]A film with me in it[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]A Man of No Importance[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]accelerator[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]adam and paul[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]angelas ashes[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]anne devlin[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]another shore[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]barry lyndon[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]between the canals[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]black 47[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Bloody Sunday[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]brooklyn[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Calvary[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]candy floss[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]cardboard gangsters[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Clash Of The Ash.[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Cowboys And Angels.[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]crushproof[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Da (1988)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Darby O'Gill and the Little People[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]disco pigs[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Eat the Peach[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]fatal deviation[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]flick[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Float Like a Butterfly(looks ugh)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]foxes[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Garage[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]glassland[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]going off big time[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]goldfish memory[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]grabbers[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]headrush[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]How Harry became a tree[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]How to cheat in the Leaving Cert[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]hunger[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]i went down[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]in america[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]in bruges[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]In the name of the Father[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Inside I'm Dancing Also known as Rory O'Shea Was Here[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]intermission[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Into the west[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]killing bono[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]king of the travellers[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Kings[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Kisses (2008)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Lamb,[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]lifes a breeze[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]lobster[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Man About Dog[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]man of aran[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]maze[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Michael Collins[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]michael inside[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Mickybo and Me[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Miller's Crossing[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]My left foot[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Nothing Personal (2009)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Odd Man Out[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]omagh[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]once[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Patriots(1994)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Perrier's Bounty[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Philomena,[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Poitin[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]rat 2000[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Rocky Road to Dublin[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]rosie[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]sensation[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Shake Hands With the Devil[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]siege of jadotville[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]sing street[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]some mothers son[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Song for a Raggy Boy.[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Spin the bottle(2003)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Stella Days(2011)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]taffin[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The 3:10 to Claremorris[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Actors[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Boxer[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The butcher boy[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the citadel[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Commitments[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the courier[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The crying game,[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the dead[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the farthest[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the favourite[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Field ( Amazing casting and powerhouse performances)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the front line[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The General[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Guard,[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The hole in the ground[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the informer[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the irish pub[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the journey[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Lad from Old Ireland[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The luck of the Irish[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Magdalene Sisters[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the matchmaker[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Miracle (1991).[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Most Fertile Man in Ireland[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the quiet man[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the run of the country[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the secret of kells[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the secret of roan inish[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]The Snapper (whole barrytown trilogy really)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the stag[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the van[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]the wind that shakes the barley[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]this is my father[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]undine/ondine[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Val Falvey TD(dougal!)[/TD]
                                                                        [TD]*[/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]Veronica Guerin[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]vivarium[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]waking ned devine[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]war of the buttons[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]what richard did[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]when brendan met trudy[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [TR]
                                                                        [TD]young offenders[/TD]
                                                                        [TD] [/TD]
                                                                        [/TR]
                                                                        [/TABLE]

I think the first spoiler looks shit on my laptop anyway so here's just text
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        a date for mad mary
                                                                        A film with me in it
                                                                        A Man of No Importance *
                                                                        accelerator *
                                                                        adam and paul
                                                                        angelas ashes
                                                                        anne devlin *
                                                                        another shore *
                                                                        barry lyndon
                                                                        between the canals
                                                                        black 47
                                                                        Bloody Sunday
                                                                        brooklyn
                                                                        Calvary
                                                                        candy floss *
                                                                        cardboard gangsters
                                                                        Clash Of The Ash.
                                                                        Cowboys And Angels. *
                                                                        crushproof
                                                                        Da (1988) *
                                                                        Darby O'Gill and the Little People
                                                                        disco pigs
                                                                        Eat the Peach
                                                                        fatal deviation
                                                                        flick *
                                                                        Float Like a Butterfly(looks ugh)
                                                                        foxes *
                                                                        Garage
                                                                        glassland *
                                                                        going off big time *
                                                                        goldfish memory
                                                                        grabbers
                                                                        headrush *
                                                                        How Harry became a tree
                                                                        How to cheat in the Leaving Cert *
                                                                        hunger check quality
                                                                        i went down
                                                                        in america
                                                                        in bruges
                                                                        In the name of the Father
                                                                        Inside I'm Dancing Also known as Rory O'Shea Was Here
                                                                        intermission
                                                                        Into the west
                                                                        killing bono
                                                                        king of the travellers *
                                                                        Kings
                                                                        Kisses (2008)
                                                                        Lamb, *
                                                                        lifes a breeze *
                                                                        lobster
                                                                        Man About Dog
                                                                        man of aran
                                                                        maze *
                                                                        Michael Collins
                                                                        michael inside *
                                                                        Mickybo and Me *
                                                                        Miller's Crossing
                                                                        My left foot
                                                                        Nothing Personal (2009) *
                                                                        Odd Man Out
                                                                        omagh
                                                                        once
                                                                        Patriots(1994)
                                                                        Perrier's Bounty
                                                                        Philomena,
                                                                        Poitin *
                                                                        Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx
                                                                        rat 2000 *
                                                                        Rocky Road to Dublin *
                                                                        rosie
                                                                        sensation *
                                                                        Shake Hands With the Devil
                                                                        siege of jadotville
                                                                        sing street
                                                                        some mothers son
                                                                        Song for a Raggy Boy.
                                                                        Spin the bottle(2003)
                                                                        Stella Days(2011)
                                                                        taffin
                                                                        The 3:10 to Claremorris *
                                                                        The Actors
                                                                        The Boxer
                                                                        The butcher boy
                                                                        the citadel
                                                                        The Commitments
                                                                        the courier
                                                                        The crying game,
                                                                        the dead
                                                                        the farthest
                                                                        the favourite
                                                                        The Field ( Amazing casting and powerhouse performances)
                                                                        the front line *
                                                                        The General
                                                                        The Guard,
                                                                        The hole in the ground
                                                                        the informer
                                                                        the irish pub *
                                                                        the journey *
                                                                        The Lad from Old Ireland *
                                                                        The luck of the Irish
                                                                        The Magdalene Sisters
                                                                        the matchmaker
                                                                        The Miracle (1991).
                                                                        The Most Fertile Man in Ireland
                                                                        the quiet man
                                                                        the run of the country
                                                                        the secret of kells
                                                                        the secret of roan inish
                                                                        The Snapper (whole barrytown trilogy really)
                                                                        the stag
                                                                        the van
                                                                        the wind that shakes the barley
                                                                        this is my father
                                                                        undine/ondine
                                                                        Val Falvey TD(dougal!) *
                                                                        Veronica Guerin
                                                                        vivarium
                                                                        waking ned devine
                                                                        war of the buttons
                                                                        what richard did
                                                                        when brendan met trudy
                                                                        young offenders

Edit: song of the sea is not on the list for some reason but I also have that and anyone who likes animated movies should really give it a go, amazing movie with heavy Irish influences in animation, story and voices
                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 01-09-20, 23:52.
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Decent list ! A fair few i ahvent seen.

What constitutes an Irish film ? Made here, themes ?

Millers crossing, siege of jadotville, Brooklyn ?

Irish main characters ?
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

War of the buttons is the best frame of childhood nostalgia I have & is all the sweeter now living abroad, thanks for bringing it to mind mdoug!

Comment

'71 count?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/71_2015

Parked (never heard of this until recently)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/parked

The Devil's Own (Brad Pitt's accent surely counts?)

Killing of the Sacred Deer (two leads are Irish)

Not sure of the requirements so just throwing out anything with something Irish in it that's not on your list.

Shrooms?
                                                                              Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 02-09-20, 01:56.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                War of the buttons is the best frame of childhood nostalgia I have & is all the sweeter now living abroad, thanks for bringing it to mind mdoug!
                                                                                The original is amazing also. Well worth a watch.

Comment

Eg3bHRaWsAQvPoZ?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

American carnage.

Comment

American carnage.
                                                                                      It's really just that the dress shoes with the lifts look so out of place. In fairness he gets slagged no matter what he wears. I'd advise him to shave his head and go full camo like Lukashenko.

Comment

I've a grand on Biden now after topping up today when he moved into 10/11. Might give it a month before getting the final €500 on.
                                                                                        I'm contemplating a big bet too. I just can't see how Trump wins all the swing states he needs - WI, MN, FL, PA.

Especially if their covid response remains as ineffective as it has been. I think that'll be the big narrative of the election, not the current racism/mob violence (pick according to your political flavour) theme.

Comment

The Commitments should be on that list twice. It captured so much that watching it today evokes genuine girly (sorry HJ) nostalgia in me. A powerhouse of a movie .
                                                                                          RIP to Alan Parker recently also.

Comment

I'm contemplating a big bet too. I just can't see how Trump wins all the swing states he needs - WI, MN, FL, PA.

Especially if their covid response remains as ineffective as it has been. I think that'll be the big narrative of the election, not the current racism/mob violence (pick according to your political flavour) theme.
                                                                                            Do it . He is going down spectacularly. He knows it .

Comment

Do it . He is going down spectacularly. He knows it .
                                                                                              This is precisely the kind of attitude that makes me think of keeping my money in my pocket.

Everyone underestimated him 4 years ago (except Denny tbf). And misread the American electorate. We shouldn't make the same mistakes again.

Comment

This is precisely the kind of attitude that makes me think of keeping my money in my pocket.

Everyone underestimated him 4 years ago (except Denny tbf). And misread the American electorate. We shouldn't make the same mistakes again.
                                                                                                Ah heeor. I bet on him both to win, and separately to win while losing the popular vote. Both bets placed after the bookies had already paid out on Clinton.

Comment

Not much of a musical aficionado but trying to Spotify my way to a wider appreciation. Today it's Kris Kristofferson.

Who is said to have remarked of Farah Fawcett:
                                                                                                  just about enough butt to keep my balls off the bed
                                                                                                  Probably a Trump voter.

Comment

You HAVE been watching the past few years ? Only the cult is backing him this time . The US is bleeding Biden doesnt need to make things up. The campaign could be run by a bot.

Comment

You HAVE been watching the past few years ? Only the cult is backing him this time . The US is bleeding Biden doesnt need to make things up. The campaign could be run by a bot.
                                                                                                      We've all been watching Solks.

With our non-American perspective...we don't have a vote. (if we did, Biden would win 538-0)
                                                                                                      It only matters what Americans think - and Trump only needs to persuade a couple of million of them. He has the massive advantage of incumbency. He's a slightly worse than evens shot.

Comment

Poor old Mike Sexton on the way out .

Comment

The bookies think its 50 50

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insig...ump-than-biden

Because of the electoral college advantage he has, he doesn't need to win the popular vote.

Comment

We've all been watching Solks.

With our non-American perspective...we don't have a vote. (if we did, Biden would win 538-0)
                                                                                                            It only matters what Americans think - and Trump only needs to persuade a couple of million of them. He has the massive advantage of incumbency. He's a slightly worse than evens shot.
                                                                                                            I've spoken to some die hard Trumpers who are disgusted with him and they say he still has support but is in for a shock . Well maybe not a shock as Trump is already rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic . I know sample size etc but I'm getting this from a few states. I'm confident hes going down BIG.

Comment

Flight of the Doves
                                                                                                              Excalibur

Comment

Don't think the covid situation will be a negative for him at all. People seem to be comfortable for the most part with 1000 deaths a day, and most models I've looked at expect that number to continue going down for the next few weeks at least.

Comment

My bet logic, such as it is, is:

- I don't particularly think anything about the policies of Biden / Trump or who they are - as in, I don't think right now, beyond what is reflected in the polls, this has any new information on the ability of one person to win
                                                                                                                  - I'm taking fivethirtyeight as a decently true poll aggregation which is an accurate reflection of reality. And those polls say that Biden should walk it - or at least that Biden should be 1/2 and Trump 2/1
                                                                                                                  - I think there's a current irrationality in the market because of Trumps surprise win the last time, and there's some form of magical thinking out there which just isn't correct that because of one surprise happening in the past that we should price in another big surprise in the future. I think that surprise from the last time has already been accounted for in current polls, or at least in aggregate polls.

So essentially am betting on the assumption that other bettors are misinterpreting the true statistical odds.

Comment

jaysus. And Tesla is valued at half a trillion meaning they'll need to rather quickly reach about $25 billion a year in profitability in order to justify that valuation. A mere 50% or more in annual profitability than Toyota, the world's car beast.

Shares in the California-based iPhone maker enjoyed a boost after a stock split to make it more accessible to retail investors.

Comment

Is Denny still short Tesla?

Comment

Don't think the covid situation will be a negative for him at all. People seem to be comfortable for the most part with 1000 deaths a day, and most models I've looked at expect that number to continue going down for the next few weeks at least.
                                                                                                                        Around election time they'll be hitting the horrific figure of 1/4 a million. When you add in the lunatic soundbites from Trump the case against will be solid . 'People' are not comfortable with 1000 a day . However 1/4 a million will ring true. Hes toast . A huge % of the population are chomping at the bit to vote I cant see him not being destroyed .

Comment

Thank

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X