This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

My money is on schooling\childcare
    I'll take not being able to purchase alcohol after 10...

Which will of course lead to a hoarding situation followed closely by a binge of epic proportions culminating in an entertaining complaint at some ungodly hour re Hookers poor adherence to social distancing guidelines which will finally be summed up in a hungover yet amusing rumination on the derivation of the phrase "and one thing led to another"
    Last edited by dinekes; 28-08-20, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Besides all that twaddle the barber in that place I got my haircut the last time told me he has a guy in Hungary that does hair transplants. He said I had the very sort of hair that would be suited. Hes Hungarian and he has a Hungarian on deck and is ready to go, So im an affiliate now! haha
      Does he do any dental work?
      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

9 year old has just gone into Temple St for an X-Ray after swallowing a 50c coin.

Seems like a bizarre thing to do at that age and I was quite sure the advice would be 'do nothing and it will come out the other end tomorrow' but no, GP was rung and she has to get checked out. Luckily it's Mrs D3's turn for hospital duty.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
          I'll take not being able to purchase alcohol after 10..
          I don't mind that so much as not being able to buy it before 12am!

Why can you do an entire supermarket shop at 9am but not lob a few beers\wines\whatevers into your trolley? Mad

Comment

Why can you do an entire supermarket shop at 9am but not lob a few beers\wines\whatevers into your trolley? Mad
            That's only on a Sunday. It's 10:30 the rest of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

That's only on a Sunday. It's 10:30 the rest of the week.
              It's immoral to do any shopping on a Sunday.

Comment

Rarely up that early at the w/e

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1673794]9 year old has just gone into Temple St for an X-Ray after swallowing a 50c coin.

Seems like a bizarre thing to do at that age and I was quite sure the advice would be 'do nothing and it will come out the other end tomorrow' but no, GP was rung and she has to get checked out. Luckily it's Mrs D3's turn for hospital duty

If that happened in my day I would have had a dilemma 12 hours later.

ps
                  Shell be grand

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    Has anyone been to seen Tenet in Dublin? I'd like to go see it in the cinema but I don't want to catch the virus. I'm interested in how careful their precautions are.
                    Went to the cinema a while ago and it was grand. No one is within a metre of you and the cinemas are mostly empty anyway. Cineworld has 29 showings of Tenet today, so there should be a fair bit of space!
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                      She'll be grand
                      third child,we've seen this shit before (pun intended)

Comment

9 year old has just gone into Temple St for an X-Ray after swallowing a 50c coin.

Seems like a bizarre thing to do at that age and I was quite sure the advice would be 'do nothing and it will come out the other end tomorrow' but no, GP was rung and she has to get checked out. Luckily it's Mrs D3's turn for hospital duty.
                        Oh no! 50c seems like the most awkward size, as how will it get through the colon. Indeed how did it safely get to the stomach. Best of luck.

Comment

Comment

I decided to give that album a whirl based on that song... the first song is a doozy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

Short people got no reason
                            To live
                            They got little hands
                            And little eyes
                            And they walk around
                            Tellin' great big lies
                            They got little noses
                            And tiny little teeth
                            They wear platform shoes
                            On their nasty little feet

Comment

My mate with the inside scoop on the Quality Street used to manage the Kilbarrack Tesco when the new laws came in on the time you could buy alcohol.

They had a local friendly alco who would come in every morning as soon as the shop opened and buy his booze for the day. They had to sit him down the day before the law changed to explain that the law was changing and that he'd have to wait until 10:30 on weekdays and 12 noon on Sunday.

He just shrugged his shoulders and bought a naggin on top of his usually daily supply to get him through the extra few hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Oh no! 50c seems like the most awkward size, as how will it get through the colon. Indeed how did it safely get to the stomach. Best of luck.
                                She is back, coin is indeed in stomach and will be duly expelled.

FFS.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I decided to give that album a whirl based on that song... the first song is a doozy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

Short people got no reason
                                    To live
                                    They got little hands
                                    And little eyes
                                    And they walk around
                                    Tellin' great big lies
                                    They got little noses
                                    And tiny little teeth
                                    They wear platform shoes
                                    On their nasty little feet
                                    Yeah, I originally got it for 'Short People', thanks to Ally McBeal, a show I'm only slightly embarrassed to love.

Comment

Hope people like this have more than the tweet place to correct things

Comment

Its that long since I used coins for anything other than a supermarket trolley I was genuinely thinking of an old 50p coin sized thing !

Comment

Glad Shrap is back, but I like to stick with my conspiracy theory that he's a frenchie special forces guy, who has to pretend he has a family /kids/wild garlic and mustard obsession, a job; and that leg injury wasn't a gunshot wound. Obviously he's been busy in the Leb the last few weeks. Give the man a break

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Shut up with this laying off talk.Anyone upcoming up soon on the podcast?. If you were to ask me who to talk to regarding the poker hinterland id say Fintan Gavin. So how about it?.
                                            All quiet on the podcast front for now. I'll probably do a few more in next few months with an eclectic mix of guests. Fintan Gavin may feature, who knows
                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Glad Shrap is back, but I like to stick with my conspiracy theory that he's a frenchie special forces guy, who has to pretend he has a family /kids/wild garlic and mustard obsession, a job; and that leg injury wasn't a gunshot wound. Obviously he's been busy in the Leb the last few weeks. Give the man a break
                                              Do you invent secret lives for any of the rest of us?

Iago for one is Definitely Up To No Good. International people smuggler imo, look at him staying one step ahead of the law moving around the major shipping lanes of the Med.

Comment

Probably in cahoots with Lao Lao now I think of it.

Comment

Great to see Winter's Bone is on nexflix. One of my absolute favourite movies. Just brilliant acting.
                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Does he do any dental work?
                                                    Actually it was Turkey not Hungary. I told him if I was more handsome I might think about it. I asked what about dental work thinking that was a thing but im only realizing this is Hungary now as you mention. I sensed he was stopped in his tracks a bit there in hindsight.

Comment

Spoke with my GP at 12.45 yesterday, less than an hour later I'd a text with a test appointment for 11.30am today. He seemed to suggest that I was borderline for testing but a Kildare address (despite my house being in Dublin) and having spent much of the past 2 weeks at the horse sales seemed to put the referral beyond doubt for him. Testing centre was very efficient, drive through system, never had to leave my car. Told i'd have results within 72hrs - text if negative, phone call if positive. I'd be pricing negative c.1.05, just had a few symptoms and figured id rather have a test and know than be positive and spread it around to those more vulnerable.

Comment

Tell us that again after you've been on it a few times. Maybe it's not as bad as I expect, but I'd usually get off a bus and walk the last few km in the city centre, because it's quicker.
                                                        Maybe the bus route is not such an issue. Spoke to them today and they were pushing the idea that it would be handy if I could just not turn up and phone it in for a few months. Ring for the password and leave it at that. That's my normal style of work in the good times, with maybe calling into wherever the job is every week or so to say hello, and now I'm so fucking bored of it, like you all, that it's rather disappointing.

Going to have to join a few clubs or stuff to keep sane. Do a course or something, definitely not online. Would there be weekday daytime clubs or courses? Probably not.

Comment

Maybe the bus route is not such an issue. Spoke to them today and they were pushing the idea that it would be handy if I could just not turn up and phone it in for a few months. Ring for the password and leave it at that. That's my normal style of work in the good times, with maybe calling into wherever the job is every week or so to say hello, and now I'm so fucking bored of it, like you all, that it's rather disappointing.

Going to have to join a few clubs or stuff to keep sane. Do a course or something, definitely not online. Would there be weekday daytime clubs or courses? Probably not.
                                                          Might be some daytime cookery courses like you mentioned before?
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Might be some daytime cookery courses like you mentioned before?
                                                            ah yeah, there might be that. Might have to join jbravado in the bookies otherwise.

Comment

Where would be a good start to get a suit for getting married in? (Dublin)

Comment

Driver theory test booking. The reservation website says you can only search a two-week window at a time. So I started mid-September with no info on what is available, it comes up blank, and then had to manually reenter a new two-week window, not knowing if it was a bug or whatever, until a vacancy eventually appeared in mid-December. Surely showing a calendar with available dates would not be beyond the bounds of reasonable competence? And the weird thing is the theory testing company have clearly outsourced this basic competency to another firm (prometrics) on the grounds that they were somehow the experts in reservations - and that's what they ended up with.

I was in the Grafton Barbers today and they were run off their feet answering the phone to take reservations. Nothing on their website, so they're wasting their time in shops saying yes, no, looking up paper files of future days to see who is around. It's not like anyone on the phone wants to ring them either, so no-one is happy.

This is an off-the-shelf web design function that is super simple to implement. Set up a few parameters and off you go. I just don't get it. Like how is stuff this simple not standard? Have ye done nothing to the country in the last five years?

Comment

ah yeah, there might be that. Might have to join jbravado in the bookies otherwise.
                                                                  Don't do it. Went into PP today to circumvent the puny online limits for political bets. Gang of maskless skangers roaring their heads off while the poor girls behind the counter looked on helplessly.

Still obv scrawled out my docket before leaving in disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                    Most people go for a church or a registry office.

Congrats Ed.

Comment

What the fucketyfuck - that wasn't the law?

Saw a pharmacists earlier today selling visors, and I know pharmacists sell an awful lot of crap but selling something that is actively harmful to health (the appearance of, but not the actual practice of protection, meaning people then don't wear masks) seemed like a step too far.

Meanwhile, further regulations are being considered by the Government which would see workers in premises that serve drink and food be obliged to wear masks.

Ministers previously signed regulations making face coverings mandatory in shops and other indoor public settings but this did not extend to restaurants, bars or cafes.

Sources have said that officials in the Department of Health are currently drafting the regulations but that the plan will be to make it mandatory for those working in any establishment that serves food or drinks to wear masks.

Comment

This is brilliant

Comment

Comment

Put an initial €500 on Biden just now. 5/6 with PP. Hoping to get it up to about €1,500 bet over the next few weeks, but lets see how the cookie crumbles.

Comment

Long time since i did the deed so my place probably gone but by God dont hit up the place on Duke street on the corner. Pants may have split as a groomsman, nothing to do with oversized ass, didnt cost me near a monkey to replace between church and hotel, culchies with big windows and stupid wives...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                Check your Stars accounts as you may have a $109 ticket in a chest for WCOOP
                                                                                Not sure if anyone did this but seems to have worked out well as threw it up on twitter too. Happened by pure accident as a certain BBVer texted me first and he turned his into a 1k ticket tonight and afew others texted me the same. Im content to play a 109 game with 500k gtd next week, gl all who looked as it was free money

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                                                  Spoke with my GP at 12.45 yesterday, less than an hour later I'd a text with a test appointment for 11.30am today. He seemed to suggest that I was borderline for testing but a Kildare address (despite my house being in Dublin) and having spent much of the past 2 weeks at the horse sales seemed to put the referral beyond doubt for him. Testing centre was very efficient, drive through system, never had to leave my car. Told i'd have results within 72hrs - text if negative, phone call if positive. I'd be pricing negative c.1.05, just had a few symptoms and figured id rather have a test and know than be positive and spread it around to those more vulnerable.
                                                                                  Thought you had been very quiet recently. First and only night out there 2 weeks ago since we were out on Cheltenham Friday, not in a rush back to pubs or restaurants really as a bit restrictive for my liking

Bro-in-law bought next years Fairyhouse National winner off Rich Richie there recently, hopefully get a few bob on once a possible plot is confirmed...

Comment

FPL is officially open, thread is here two weeks to kick off.

now is the time to sign up all those smuggled indentured servants handsomely paid international gladiators that make their way to English soil
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Any interest in learning to play the saxophone? Haven't given lessons in er 30 years or so, but think a mature student like yourself would be less pressure than teaching a teenager. Remember getting grief from a parent of a previous student, because he was off in China playing Riverdance. Wish I'd had a Fr Jack 'I'm soooo sorry' in my repertoire.

Comment

I didn't realise that. I only know him from what was in the movie.
                                                                                        Breaking news

EgdSfiGVoAIlbFO?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Go custom made with this guy... he’s based in Sligo, I think, but works out of an office on Baggot St. one day a week.

...or he did, 5 years ago.

http://josephmartin.ie

Comment

Sure he died about 14mm ago.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Can't go wrong with Louis Copeland. It's on the more expensive side but well worth it. I got mine there and was very happy with it.

Comment

Any interest in learning to play the saxophone? Haven't given lessons in er 30 years or so
                                                                                                Pro tip Hitch, Collie's 'practising in the dark' lesson is one to be skipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Thought you had been very quiet recently. First and only night out there 2 weeks ago since we were out on Cheltenham Friday, not in a rush back to pubs or restaurants really as a bit restrictive for my liking

Bro-in-law bought next years Fairyhouse National winner off Rich Richie there recently, hopefully get a few bob on once a possible plot is confirmed...
                                                                                                  Don't be shy with the name
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Don't be shy with the name
                                                                                                    Some Neck?

Comment

is into a short enough fav for the last in Navan tonight. Won't be backing him today but just noting for his legion of fans.

Comment

the 1.05 a huge drifter, looking like a 1.5 shot now.

Comment

Symptoms? Apparently loss of smell is the one you notice first.

Comment

Le Tour starting today . Crash already

Comment

Congratulations Ed!

Comment

is into a short enough fav for the last in Navan tonight. Won't be backing him today but just noting for his legion of fans.

Dammit, missed out there. Probably the last race he ever wins too. Hope some of you were on.

Comment

Congratulations Ed!
                                                                                                                  Cheers!

Comment

Dammit, missed out there. Probably the last race he ever wins too. Hope some of you were on.

Nice drift cheers

Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Just waiting for someone to tip up Bertie here.

Comment

Ugh! Mind yourself, if you need anything dropped by shopping or whatever let me know I'm around all the time usually doing a supermarket run and drop off between 5 and 6:30.

Nephew whose wife is sick tested clear today but the 20 month old was positive so even if its not a false negative he's likely to have it by next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                          Le Tour starting today . Crash already
                                                                                                                          Bennett left it a fraction of a second too late to grab yellow. Unlucky.

There was a great moment when the riders decided to crawl down a hill in terrible conditions but the Astana team did a solo run and of course one of them skidded across the road into a wall, when they came back to the pack you could see Rogilic giving them a proper bollocking.

Looking forward to having it on in the background while WFH next few weeks

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X