Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I guess they will probably put up a pair like for instance Fitzgerald and Simon or McGuinness and Leo on the understanding that the big hitter only goes if we keep trade.
    Turning millions into thousands

    Comment


      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      I guess they will probably put up a pair like for instance Fitzgerald and Simon or McGuinness and Leo on the understanding that the big hitter only goes if we keep trade.
      Is there any particular reason why you refer to some people by their first names and others by their surname? Really seems odd to me.
      Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

      Comment


        Especially cause there's two Simons

        Comment


          Yeah coveney is coveney not simon, not least because of the historic power of the surname
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

          Comment


            Read 11.22.63 again , excellent. In his afterword SK says he had intended to dedicate it to Jack Finney who wrote Time and Again however a new granddaughter got that honour.
            Had completely forgotten about Time and Again, must have read that about 25 years ago. Hope I have it buried somewhere.

            Comment


              Trump gaining back some ground, 11/10. He was touching 2/1 not too long ago.

              Comment


                EgfGnzIUcAA0CpJ?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
                Attached Files
                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                Comment


                  That's a neat little vignette of 'political discourse in America in the year 2020'

                  Not exactly Webster's Second Reply to Hayne.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Trump gaining back some ground, 11/10. He was touching 2/1 not too long ago.
                    His tactics are exactly what won him the election last time. Scare the shit out of the voters and drag everyone into the gutter.

                    The question is will the floaters believe him, having seen his errr, unique executive style, at work for the last 4 years?
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                      His tactics are exactly what won him the election last time. Scare the shit out of the voters and drag everyone into the gutter.

                      The question is will the floaters believe him, having seen his errr, unique executive style, at work for the last 4 years?
                      He has a baked in Electoral College advantage, so Biden needs a 5-6% margin to overcome that in all likelihood. There are a LOT less undecideds this time compared to last time too.

                      I think it'll be Biden but I wouldn't put any significant money on it. Trump is a 35% plus shot here.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                      Comment


                        Trump will be crushed . Worst bet ever . American has been dragged through the gutter by this facepainted clown

                        Comment


                          America dragged itself through the gutter. Can't break the link between the electorate choosing Trump, and his actions.

                          I'm not sure how America gets away from Politics == Sports though. It's all a little culty for my liking. You're either blue or your red or you're an outcast. Really big problem imo. You will end up with this exact problem happening time and time again unless there is some revival of the centre ground.

                          It's completely and absolutely fine to vote Democrat one year for their policies and then choose Republican 4 years later as their policies for the coming period 'align' better. It should be utterly normal to be able to do that.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Keane View Post

                            Yeah that's fair enough. In this case I can vouch for the cologne splits this guy does, they are A1 and would expect the whiskey to be similar. His thread is here, I think it's been universal positive feedback for the years he has been doing it

                            https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057732087

                            On the legalities of it I was surprised it got off the ground without issues but all the major websites for aftershave (there appear to be many!) look to have been doing similar for years. I'd say it's probably a trademark greyish area. It's possible there are more stringent rules around spirits but I wouldn't know
                            I misread you post as Cognac, not cologne. even before you mentioned Whiskey.
                            I was reading through that thread trying to find where he had added the drinks. I though one was drinking the stuff the way he was going on.
                            Will keep an eye out for the Whiskey.

                            Comment


                              Trump is an outlier and a direct reaction to a black president. You cannot argue his reign has been unprecedented. The blue/red choice has always been there however there has been nothing like Trump . His lies are in the 100s , he has tried to reconstruct actual facts before our eyes and STILL he has apologists and supporters who dismiss his daily infantile behaviour and blindly follow. In my lifetime I've never seen the US so disrespected on the world stage. This is more than partizan politics . It's quite staggering what is now accepted as normal these past 4 years .

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

                                He has a baked in Electoral College advantage, so Biden needs a 5-6% margin to overcome that in all likelihood. There are a LOT less undecideds this time compared to last time too.

                                I think it'll be Biden but I wouldn't put any significant money on it. Trump is a 35% plus shot here.
                                Hello!

                                Seeing as you are here, what is your take on Woulfe?
                                And I don't want to know what the rules are, I simply want to know do you think he should\should not resign from the SC (and why)?
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  It's completely and absolutely fine to vote Democrat one year for their policies and then choose Republican 4 years later as their policies for the coming period 'align' better. It should be utterly normal to be able to do that.
                                  Remember that within living memory, there has been a president who nobody knew up to one year before the election whether he was a Democract or a Republican (Eisenhower).

                                  I like that.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                  Comment


                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                    Comment


                                      I Was walking down past a garden, little boy in the garden shouts, Hey you wanna play football? Give it here, give it here I said.
                                      I threw the ball in the air then kicked in way up the road and it landed in a skip. Why did you do that he cried? That's a life lesson for you my lad, a life lesson. He whimpered a bit more, then his mother came out obviously annoyed with me and said.. For fks sake, you only get to see him weekends. Why be such a bastard.

                                      Comment


                                        Just doesn't seem like proper democracy in the US. As in you have to belong to only one of two parties to be elected. Its an oligopoly to the monopoly of dictatorship.
                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Just doesn't seem like proper democracy in the US. As in you have to belong to only one of two parties to be elected. Its an oligopoly to the monopoly of dictatorship.
                                          They do have other parties (Greens, Libertarian Party etc.).
                                          I think they were more prevalent and indeed influential in the past; there was a relatively strong Socialist Party in the 20s\30s and of course the Progressive\Bull Moose Party won over a quarter of the vote in the 1912 election.

                                          But they are mostly crowded out of the market now by the two big beasts.

                                          You could equally argue that a clear choice of two options is better than a confusing smorgasbord of a dozen small parties who will have to coalesce in some fuzzy manner? Don't know, we Irish can hardly argue about that as we had a 2.25 party system for most of our democratic history....
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                          Comment


                                            Check your Stars accounts as you may have a $109 ticket in a chest for WCOOP

                                            Comment


                                              noma open for reservations. still loads of spots for anything above two spots.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                Hello!

                                                Seeing as you are here, what is your take on Woulfe?
                                                And I don't want to know what the rules are, I simply want to know do you think he should\should not resign from the SC (and why)?
                                                I'll take "Questions I won't answer" for 600 please Alex...
                                                ncs_JEOPARDY_GOAT_Production-Design_001.jpg
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                  I'll take "Questions I won't answer" for 600 please Alex...
                                                  if it was you, I bet you would have resigned by now
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                    if it was you, I bet you would have resigned by now
                                                    *The number you have called has been disconnected, please try again*
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                                                    Comment


                                                      Son no2 has a persistent cough so ordered a home kit (got one for myself as well just in case) as better be safe than sorry before they start school again in a week or so. Supposedly, we get it tomorrow, send it back, and should get the results within 3 days. Let's see how well it works.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                        if it was you, I bet you would have resigned by now
                                                        "I'll exercise my constitutional right to take the 5th" .

                                                        Do you really think that Kayroo would ever answer a question like that in a public forum?

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                          You could equally argue that a clear choice of two options is better than a confusing smorgasbord of a dozen small parties who will have to coalesce in some fuzzy manner? Don't know, we Irish can hardly argue about that as we had a 2.25 party system for most of our democratic history....
                                                          Whatever about your preference, you definitely can't 'equally argue' its more democratic than a proper democratic system where you aren't de facto forced to vote for only one of two parties. There is gatekeeping involved in the US system which just isn't democratic at the national level. Which is strange as they are almost excessively democratic at the local level.
                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                          Comment


                                                            I still can't quite get my head around the An Post 'we'll be delivering in the next 48 hours, if you aren't going to be in, please select an alternative delivery slot'. No more precision than that. Like they think we organise our availability in 48 hour slots. Doesn't particularly bother me, I just find it mad that they consider that an acceptable message to send.
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                            Comment


                                                              In general there seems to be an extreme problem with retail technology in Ireland. Its mad how far behind everything is. Simple things like accepting payment online, showing stock online, allowing to reserve stock, having reservation systems. How it has emerged is the puzzling thing as surely the expertise is out there? Its quite sad really as it just means all these businesses will be beaten up by more tech-savvy international retail businesses.
                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Trump gaining back some ground, 11/10. He was touching 2/1 not too long ago.
                                                                I got some at 7/4. Easy say now I should've gone bigger and laid off. Hard to see anything bigger than 5/4 not being a good bet, odds were surely always going to come closer to 50/50 near election time.

                                                                Is it fair to say Trump is not a good politician but is good at politics?
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Remember that one friend that went off on a J1 and came back berating everything here and saying how everything over there was so much better...and you told him to fuck back there if its so good....
                                                                  This too shall pass.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by coillcam View Post

                                                                    "I'll exercise my constitutional right to take the 5th" .

                                                                    Do you really think that Kayroo would ever answer a question like that in a public forum?
                                                                    Well, clearly Woulfe should resign too. He drafted the fucking covid regs FFS.

                                                                    Supreme Court justices are just as much national leaders (just not very visible ones) as high-ranking politicians or distinguished broadcasters.

                                                                    Now to watch the legal eagles circle to protect their own.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

                                                                      I got some at 7/4. Easy say now I should've gone bigger and laid off. Hard to see anything bigger than 5/4 not being a good bet, odds were surely always going to come closer to 50/50 near election time.

                                                                      Is it fair to say Trump is not a good politician but is good at politics?
                                                                      Maybe more accurate to say he is not a good president but is an unprecedentedly successful politician.

                                                                      All presidents are successful politicians by definition.
                                                                      But becoming president effectively out of nowhere in the way he did is a feat unmatched in US politics.
                                                                      Love him or loathe him, you have to give him due recognition for that.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Remember that one friend that went off on a J1 and came back berating everything here and saying how everything over there was so much better...and you told him to fuck back there if its so good....

                                                                        Like Dev returning from the US and deciding that Ireland should also be a free country?

                                                                        The pig swimming in their own shit doesn't even smell it. Online payment tech and basic stock checking is like 20-year-old technology. I'd imagine the people of fucking Burundi visiting the country would also be appalled with the state of Irish tech.

                                                                        An Post is just crap relative to other Irish delivery companies which all give realistic delivery windows. I don't know how they go home from work each day not feeling scarlet about how they are running their business.
                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-08-20, 12:17.
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post


                                                                          Like Dev returning from the US and deciding that Ireland should also be a free country?

                                                                          The pig swimming in their own shit doesn't even smell it. Online payment tech and basic stock checking is like 20-year-old technology. I'd imagine the people of fucking Burundi visiting the country would also be appalled with the state of Irish tech.

                                                                          An Post is just crap relative to other Irish delivery companies which all give realistic delivery windows. I don't know how they go home from work each day not feeling scarlet about how they are running their business.
                                                                          You realise he was only two when he was brought back to Ireland by his uncle, to be raised by his grandparents in Limerick. Doubt he understood freedom then
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            First they came for the EU Commissioners and I did not speak out because I was not an EU Commissioner.
                                                                            Then they came for the judges and...………………..

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              First they came for the EU Commissioners and I did not speak out because I was not an EU Commissioner.
                                                                              Then they came for the judges and...………………..
                                                                              Indeed.

                                                                              So, now that there is clear accountability at the top of our democracy (well we await the judiciary to confirm they operate to the same standards), now - if needed - actual enforcement measures can be implemented. Like fines for people in shops without masks for example. Or those hosting house parties. Or publicans not enforcing the regs.

                                                                              All these things would be very hard to do if there was a lack of accountability at the top.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                Remember that one friend that went off on a J1 and came back berating everything here and saying how everything over there was so much better...and you told him to fuck back there if its so good....
                                                                                I know this is directed at Hitch but it reminds me of one of my best mates ex's.

                                                                                She was an Ozzie living over here and she was a cunt of the highest order. I've never seen anybody so negative about Ireland ever. And it wasn't just that absolutely every single thing imaginable was better in Oz than in Ireland, it was the constant lack of effort she put in to anything, only to then moan about it.

                                                                                As she was with my best mate, I genuinely went out of my way to try get on with her but eventually one night, with a few beers on me, I turned to her mid one of her rants and said, 'If everything is so fucking amazing in Australia, why don't you fuck off back there'

                                                                                They broke up not too long after that and she moved to London and I think eventually back to Oz, we surprisingly didn't stay in touch.

                                                                                The best bit about it was a few years after they broke up, I was down in my mates house on Christmas morning and somehow she came up in conversation. My mates mam (who is like my 2nd mother) saw my eyes roll at the mere mention of her name and asked me what I thought. I launched into how much of a cunt she was (in a gentle Christmas morning way of course) and his mam completely agreed with me, said she always hated her but didn't want to say anything at the time. The two of us spent the the next hour or so highlighting how my mate had such shite taste in women

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

                                                                                  You realise he was only two when he was brought back to Ireland by his uncle, to be raised by his grandparents in Limerick. Doubt he understood freedom then
                                                                                  I didn't realise that. I only know him from what was in the movie.
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                    Remember that one friend that went off on a J1 and came back berating everything here and saying how everything over there was so much better...and you told him to fuck back there if its so good....
                                                                                    Irish people that have travelled abroad and use the phrase "That's a bit Irish" is the most tilting for me.
                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post


                                                                                      Like Dev returning from the US and deciding that Ireland should also be a free country?

                                                                                      The pig swimming in their own shit doesn't even smell it. Online payment tech and basic stock checking is like 20-year-old technology. I'd imagine the people of fucking Burundi visiting the country would also be appalled with the state of Irish tech.

                                                                                      An Post is just crap relative to other Irish delivery companies which all give realistic delivery windows. I don't know how they go home from work each day not feeling scarlet about how they are running their business.
                                                                                      I strongly suggest that you never move to Spain or Malta old buddy old pal
                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

                                                                                      http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Whilst in Manchester many moons ago , a friend of mine was ordering some fast food. The girl in the shop mocked his accent and continuously said cant understand you. I let her off twice then ordered his food very loudly in a mock Corrie accent . My mate collapsed laughing thinking I was joking but no I was going to empty the mustard (ah the mustard forum) if she continued. She got the message all right . The food was shite.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

                                                                                          My money is on schooling\childcare

                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

                                                                                            My money is on schooling\childcare
                                                                                            Price of food/booze..lack of quality canned goods...hard to bate a can of marrowfat peas !!
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

                                                                                              My money is on schooling\childcare
                                                                                              I'll take public transport.
                                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

                                                                                                I got some at 7/4. Easy say now I should've gone bigger and laid off. Hard to see anything bigger than 5/4 not being a good bet, odds were surely always going to come closer to 50/50 near election time.

                                                                                                Is it fair to say Trump is not a good politician but is good at politics?
                                                                                                Shut up with this laying off talk.Anyone upcoming up soon on the podcast?. If you were to ask me who to talk to regarding the poker hinterland id say Fintan Gavin. So how about it?.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

                                                                                                  My money is on schooling\childcare
                                                                                                  Will soon be public transport with that first day in DCU must be coming up - that cross city commute is a nightmare

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                    Will soon be public transport with that first day in DCU must be coming up - that cross city commute is a nightmare
                                                                                                    Nah, there's a bus, the 155, from outside the door straight to DCU. We were further away public-transport wise while living in Howth.
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

                                                                                                      My money is on schooling\childcare
                                                                                                      It's a French school, which incorporates childcare - 8:15 to 18:00 Mon-Fri. We may have lowered ourselves, but we can still prearrange to keep some standards. We have, I think, even managed to ditch Irish (and religion, whoop whoop) as a requirement.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-08-20, 14:56.
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by oleras View Post

                                                                                                        Price of food/booze..lack of quality canned goods...hard to bate a can of marrowfat peas !!
                                                                                                        Food is brill in Ireland imo. Way better than France, as there's just no range there beyond simply 'French food'. Here there's proper quality in so many different directions. Even the bread isn't that bad.
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          ^^^ that would all have been one nice multiquote back in the good old days.
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            ^^^ that would all have been one nice multiquote back in the good old days.
                                                                                                            FrenchpokerBoards probably uses the old vBulletin.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                              Nah, there's a bus, the 155, from outside the door straight to DCU. We were further away public-transport wise while living in Howth.
                                                                                                              Tell us that again after you've been on it a few times. Maybe it's not as bad as I expect, but I'd usually get off a bus and walk the last few km in the city centre, because it's quicker.
                                                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Had a look in Dealz, and no Quality Street or anything remotely close.
                                                                                                                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

                                                                                                                  My money is on schooling\childcare
                                                                                                                  Hookers being illegal or whatever the law was changed to.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    155 isn't the worst through town. Like it will still be terrible at times but it at least follows the Luas line down Dawson St, past Trinity and onto O'Connell St,. There's some of them (39,70 etc) which go a lunatic route via Dawson Street, Molesworth St, around the far side of Trinity near Pearse Station and eventually reaching O'Connell Bridge via the quays. Literally adding 20 minutes journey time for about 200 metres of as the crow flies.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

                                                                                                                      Shut up with this laying off talk.Anyone upcoming up soon on the podcast?. If you were to ask me who to talk to regarding the poker hinterland id say Fintan Gavin. So how about it?.
                                                                                                                      Ask him when he ran tournaments why his tables had names rather than numbers

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Has anyone been to seen Tenet in Dublin? I'd like to go see it in the cinema but I don't want to catch the virus. I'm interested in how careful their precautions are.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                                          Tell us that again after you've been on it a few times. Maybe it's not as bad as I expect, but I'd usually get off a bus and walk the last few km in the city centre, because it's quicker.
                                                                                                                          Besides all that twaddle the barber in that place I got my haircut the last time told me he has a guy in Hungary that does hair transplants. He said I had the very sort of hair that would be suited. Hes Hungarian and he has a Hungarian on deck and is ready to go, So im an affiliate now! haha

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X