Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    If ye think Joe was creepy there you have a problem yourself. The kid had a bad stutter and I'd like to think I'd do the same to ease his fears especially seen as Biden suffered similarly. #metoo lol
    Absolutely.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

    Comment


      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Christ, put a good strong offer on a house yesterday @11am thinking we'd get it.

      Check online today and since we've offered 4 new offers lodged and the price has moved €33k.

      FML
      Buying market seems to be staying strong, while the rentals are taking a bit of hit (Dublin had been crazy, tons of very average apartments CC were going for 2k+)

      zKKHO7Z.jpg oMfVsfH.jpg

      Comment


        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

        Buying market seems to be staying strong, while the rentals are taking a bit of hit (Dublin had been crazy, tons of very average apartments CC were going for 2k+)

        zKKHO7Z.jpg oMfVsfH.jpg
        Hard to see why houses would fall in price really. Hopefully they will given we'll be buying in a year, but just can't see the logic for why they would. Am mentally resigned to spending far too much on a quite ordinary place.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

        Comment


          Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          That's pretty well debunked at this stage.
          ...

          It's his impression of a bumbling idiot. He did all the time about other people. It's not his impression of the reporter.
          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

          You really need that to be true don't you because the alternative is an appalling vista. Doesn't wash IMO, its a pathetic attempt to defend the indefensible... but it was a distraction from his lie about seeing Muslims celebrating 9/11 and his boasting that his tower (you know the one thats owned by Putin's banks) was now the tallest in town
          So the Trump fellow travellers are clinging desperately to the notion that that was not a personal attack at one individual but that he was mimicking spasticity as a comic reference to indicate stupidity

          Think about that for a minute and come back to me on how you think that makes it any more excusable? And when your at it you once said here that you believed that he wasn't at all racist, I think the phrase was the least racist ever, do you still believe that?

          Turning millions into thousands

          Comment


            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

            Buying market seems to be staying strong, while the rentals are taking a bit of hit (Dublin had been crazy, tons of very average apartments CC were going for 2k+)

            zKKHO7Z.jpg oMfVsfH.jpg
            Looks like PSV is safe out in the wilds for another while, though I'd be inclined to wait a year or two if I was in the market now.
            Was talking to an estate agent the other day and he said he's never been busier showing and fielding tentative offers and feelers from mortgage approved buyers but everyone is delaying on signing on the dotted line.
            Turning millions into thousands

            Comment


              Now considering any spot <60 mins from airport where broadband isn't a fancy word.

              ​​​​​​

              Comment


                My new lo-fi, electronic black metal project has just been unleashed on the world.

                Only for those of a relatively stout musical constitution I'd suggest (though there's very little in the way of actual metal involved if that's a concern).

                Stoat of Mendes - Egyptian Ruin (4-track digital ep)

                Four free downloads to kick things off with very limited run, hand-fashioned cassettes, 7" singles, t-shirts, badges, stickers and the like in the pipeline and hopefully, one day, a live show!

                Comment


                  This too shall pass.

                  Comment


                    This too shall pass.

                    Comment


                      This too shall pass.

                      Comment


                        Had a longer post but deleted it as sounded like a whinging cunt.

                        Distilled to this

                        Fuck party poker.

                        Comment


                          Setting up the junior account for the eldest kid on Revolut. Gives them their own bank card and a nice app to manage their money. An option on setting up the account is 'to pay an automatic amount of pocket money every week'. She's turning 9 in a week or so and has never had pocket money before. Is a tenner a week Stooge McLumpOfCoal or Mr Money Bags? I've genuinely no idea. Just want it to be almost precisely the norm of what everyone else would be getting at that age, no more no less.
                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                          Comment


                            This too shall pass.

                            Comment


                              No he was without a doubt mocking the reporter. Didnt think this was open to interpretation.
                              His arm movements had a very small measure of restraint that would allow some form of deniability later yet his intent was clear.

                              He will be dead soon.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Setting up the junior account for the eldest kid on Revolut. Gives them their own bank card and a nice app to manage their money. An option on setting up the account is 'to pay an automatic amount of pocket money every week'. She's turning 9 in a week or so and has never had pocket money before. Is a tenner a week Stooge McLumpOfCoal or Mr Money Bags? I've genuinely no idea. Just want it to be almost precisely the norm of what everyone else would be getting at that age, no more no less.
                                Dunno about inflation think was on this rate over 30 years ago. Bonus for doing some odd jobs around the house. 10 punts was at the time a100 Games of pool 100 arcade games 200 chomps 1000 penny sweets

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Setting up the junior account for the eldest kid on Revolut. Gives them their own bank card and a nice app to manage their money. An option on setting up the account is 'to pay an automatic amount of pocket money every week'. She's turning 9 in a week or so and has never had pocket money before. Is a tenner a week Stooge McLumpOfCoal or Mr Money Bags? I've genuinely no idea. Just want it to be almost precisely the norm of what everyone else would be getting at that age, no more no less.
                                  Sounds a bit tight but €6 seems to be the going rate, increasing to near €11 for 12 year olds. https://www.independent.ie/business/...-38941327.html
                                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Setting up the junior account for the eldest kid on Revolut. Gives them their own bank card and a nice app to manage their money. An option on setting up the account is 'to pay an automatic amount of pocket money every week'. She's turning 9 in a week or so and has never had pocket money before. Is a tenner a week Stooge McLumpOfCoal or Mr Money Bags? I've genuinely no idea. Just want it to be almost precisely the norm of what everyone else would be getting at that age, no more no less.
                                    Think I was on £2 a week (twenty odd years ago!)

                                    Could do you some initiative whereby if there's anything left in the account at the start of the week she gets a bonus euro or something?
                                    Encourage saving.
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                    Comment


                                      Friend of mine made their first song at home and put it on Spotify, clearly more productive during the pandemic than me

                                      https://open.spotify.com/track/3g7QM...QHimrgy1qySvsA

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Micknail View Post

                                        Think I was on £2 a week (twenty odd years ago!)

                                        Could do you some initiative whereby if there's anything left in the account at the start of the week she gets a bonus euro or something?
                                        Encourage saving.
                                        Yeah I remember £2 a week. Gander at poshboy sickpuppy with his tenner a week, and in old money at that.
                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                          My new lo-fi, electronic black metal project has just been unleashed on the world.

                                          Only for those of a relatively stout musical constitution I'd suggest (though there's very little in the way of actual metal involved if that's a concern).

                                          Stoat of Mendes - Egyptian Ruin (4-track digital ep)

                                          Four free downloads to kick things off with very limited run, hand-fashioned cassettes, 7" singles, t-shirts, badges, stickers and the like in the pipeline and hopefully, one day, a live show!
                                          Very cool Benny, love the vibe & aesthetic.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                            Yeah I remember £2 a week. Gander at poshboy sickpuppy with his tenner a week, and in old money at that.
                                            I always remember being more concerned about the annual increase being way above the rate of inflation, than the actual amount involved.
                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                              Very cool Benny, love the vibe & aesthetic.
                                              Thanking you. It's largely improvised, recorded onto a 20-year-old 100mb Zip drive on a Roland Sp-808 workstation using source material I recorded over the years which are now mangled to within an inch of their lives with real-time studio trickery.

                                              Not sure how long the gear will last (well, specifically the Zip drive itself and also the 10 year old MacBook which barely boots up these days) so will try and dump as much out into the world over the coming few months as I can before it goes kaput as I won't be able to fix it if/when it does.

                                              Have always loved the underground tape trading/black metal/experimental noise scene (for its vibe and aesthetic more often than the actual music TBF) and also obsolete technologies (shortwave radio, magnetic tape etc..) so convinced myself I might be able to do something in that vein when I rescued the gear from the attic at the start of lockdown.

                                              Just inherited a shortwave radio actually from a deceased relative so hope to incorporate that in some upcoming tracks.

                                              I plan to do some tapes in runs of 5 and 20 and possibly some one-offs too.
                                              Last edited by BennyHiFi; 23-08-20, 13:42.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                Setting up the junior account for the eldest kid on Revolut. Gives them their own bank card and a nice app to manage their money. An option on setting up the account is 'to pay an automatic amount of pocket money every week'. She's turning 9 in a week or so and has never had pocket money before. Is a tenner a week Stooge McLumpOfCoal or Mr Money Bags? I've genuinely no idea. Just want it to be almost precisely the norm of what everyone else would be getting at that age, no more no less.
                                                Thanks for the idea Hitch I set one up for my 9 year old daughter this morning.
                                                Going to set up a Credit Union account for her as well as she is making her Communion on Saturday week and she already has a few quid lying around the house.
                                                We also have some sort of account in the Post Office for her that the children's allowance goes into every month. Just done a quick sum there and there's over 15k in it- shit!

                                                Comment


                                                  Ursula would hardly allow us parachute Leo or anyone else into the job if the liveline outrage gets big Phil's head on a plate

                                                  Would take biting off your nose to spite your face to a whole new level. He'll be grand if he can brazen it out until next weeks scheduled back to school whinging followed by the spitting bile at the Minister for Education because little Johnny didn't get the Leaving cert points for medicine and shure no better man for brazening it out than Phil. Also the Shinners can't say a word because of Mary Lou doing far worse a few week ago.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                  Comment


                                                    Loads of sea potatoes washed up on the beach after the storm. Bizarre looking yokes.

                                                    seaurchin.jpg

                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Ursula would hardly allow us parachute Leo or anyone else into the job if the liveline outrage gets big Phil's head on a plate

                                                      Would take biting off your nose to spite your face to a whole new level. He'll be grand if he can brazen it out until next weeks scheduled back to school whinging followed by the spitting bile at the Minister for Education because little Johnny didn't get the Leaving cert points for medicine and shure no better man for brazening it out than Phil. Also the Shinners can't say a word because of Mary Lou doing far worse a few week ago.
                                                      Will be all forgotten about in a week or two - well at least it would have been if they hadn’t recalled the dail.

                                                      big problem is not making everyone resign or everyone can stay. Again pretty weak leadership not to make a proper decision and stick with it. Middle ground trying to appease everyone which includes a large cohort of people who won’t like what you do not matter what.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        That's pretty well debunked at this stage.


                                                        Reporter in question, Serge Kovaleski

                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-OYpv5fImA

                                                        Trump talking about a general in the same speech

                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqFrA48ZTg

                                                        It's his impression of a bumbling idiot. He did all the time about other people. It's not his impression of the reporter.
                                                        I know you’re trolling but this is pathetic and if there’s even the slightest chance you believe it then Strewel is right, time for a long hard look in the mirror.
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Friend of mine made their first song at home and put it on Spotify, clearly more productive during the pandemic than me

                                                          https://open.spotify.com/track/3g7QM...QHimrgy1qySvsA
                                                          This is very good in fairness.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Great hike up Lugnaquilla this morning. Was great ascending into the clouds

                                                            Comment


                                                              The new series of 'Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing' is starting on BBC2 at 8 this evening. The first series is also repeating on Dave at 7 on Sundays.
                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                              Comment


                                                                Lukashenko looking like he's expecting trouble

                                                                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Ursula would hardly allow us parachute Leo or anyone else into the job if the liveline outrage gets big Phil's head on a plate

                                                                  Would take biting off your nose to spite your face to a whole new level. He'll be grand if he can brazen it out until next weeks scheduled back to school whinging followed by the spitting bile at the Minister for Education because little Johnny didn't get the Leaving cert points for medicine and shure no better man for brazening it out than Phil. Also the Shinners can't say a word because of Mary Lou doing far worse a few week ago.
                                                                  He should be gone. And so should Seamus Woulfe.

                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Seems odd for a minor country to be firing the number two guy in Europe. As in, his role seems bigger than Irish politics at this stage. Bit of a shame too for Europe as he's clearly highly accomplished at what he does. And to think if he'd had a nice luxury break just about anywhere else in Europe he'd be fine, instead what did him in was sitting in a cold banqueting room chatting away to other old fellas about golf.
                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Great start to the CL final, looks like being a very good game

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                        He should be gone. And so should Seamus Woulfe.
                                                                        I think the phrase everyone is looking for is Realpolitik

                                                                        Frank Clark will sort out Woulfe tomorrow and Phil will disappear into the mist like Willie walking up Lug.
                                                                        There is a strong case for saying Phil is external and is in a similar position to the Moroccan ambassador, Hayes and other of the has beens and non entities that were there.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          Seems odd for a minor country to be firing the number two guy in Europe. As in, his role seems bigger than Irish politics at this stage. Bit of a shame too for Europe as he's clearly highly accomplished at what he does. And to think if he'd had a nice luxury break just about anywhere else in Europe he'd be fine, instead what did him in was sitting in a cold banqueting room chatting away to other old fellas about golf.
                                                                          It's got too big and it's not about Hogan at all, it's about social cohesion.

                                                                          I'm not even sure if the government can sack him. Seems like shaming him into doing the decent thing ain't working.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Research tells me:

                                                                            A European Commissioner cannot be removed from office by the member-state that nominated him or her.

                                                                            A commissioner can be dismissed only by the European Court of Justice acting on a request from either the member-states as a whole, acting through the Council of Ministers, or the full Commission.
                                                                            So Big Phil certainly can stick two fingers up to his Government who have asked him to quit. You would imagine he certainly has the balls to go down that road.

                                                                            Tried getting hold of my Commission friend to get the inside scoop but his wife is rather selfishly in hospital having a baby.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              I really enjoyed the first episode of Lovecraft County from HBO. The first episode is available free on Youtube.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Flew in to and out of Kerry over the weekend. If the Airports were this quiet all the time, flying would be a dream especially flights that like that within Ireland.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                  Lukashenko looking like he's expecting trouble

                                                                                  Decent chance you will see Trump copying that look between now and election day.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                    I really enjoyed the first episode of Lovecraft County from HBO. The first episode is available free on Youtube.

                                                                                    Shouldn't be my cuppa tea at all but I really enjoyed it, not sure it will stand up to episodes being released once a week, feels like its made for a binge.

                                                                                    I thought the new Perry Mason was much better than very poor ratings it got.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                      Shouldn't be my cuppa tea at all but I really enjoyed it, not sure it will stand up to episodes being released once a week, feels like its made for a binge.

                                                                                      I thought the new Perry Mason was much better than very poor ratings it got.
                                                                                      Pickings are slim on the ground at the moment so I will defo give Perry a shot based on that as I had passed over it.

                                                                                      Didn't think LC would be my thing either but it all blended really well together into a fantastic mix of madness.

                                                                                      Comment




                                                                                        Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

                                                                                          This is very good in fairness.
                                                                                          I actually think it is class and have listened a lot, so I am happy I did not have to lie when saying so.

                                                                                          Your music is more like an experience than listening to a song, which is a good thing.
                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-08-20, 20:28.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Neymar never ceases to disappoint.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                                                                Pickings are slim on the ground at the moment
                                                                                                I've enjoyed Brave New World more than the woeful ratings suggest is rightful. It's very good. I guess you've seen the excellent Giri/Haji? It's very good.
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Flew in to and out of Kerry over the weekend. If the Airports were this quiet all the time, flying would be a dream especially flights that like that within Ireland.
                                                                                                  When the flights to Alicante are on the queue for security goes through the bar.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Research tells me:



                                                                                                    So Big Phil certainly can stick two fingers up to his Government who have asked him to quit. You would imagine he certainly has the balls to go down that road.

                                                                                                    Tried getting hold of my Commission friend to get the inside scoop but his wife is rather selfishly in hospital having a baby.
                                                                                                    a

                                                                                                    Will probably have the cheek to throw his hat into future presidential races, arent we really some bunch of clowns.

                                                                                                    To the people that say let him be, wouldn't it be worse if some Estonian lad was leading the Brexit discussions...really ? Parish pump politics at its best, Europe should look after Ireland in trade discussions, not an Irish man in europe.

                                                                                                    The same people laugh at the Healy Raes, same way Europe will be laughing at us for not demanding he resign...sure, didnt he fix the roads!

                                                                                                    Nothing changes, once the heads get in the troughs...
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                      Shouldn't be my cuppa tea at all but I really enjoyed it, not sure it will stand up to episodes being released once a week, feels like its made for a binge.

                                                                                                      I thought the new Perry Mason was much better than very poor ratings it got.
                                                                                                      Really enjoyed Perry Mason, as did the wife, decent story told well.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        a

                                                                                                        Will probably have the cheek to throw his hat into future presidential races, arent we really some bunch of clowns.

                                                                                                        To the people that say let him be, wouldn't it be worse if some Estonian lad was leading the Brexit discussions...really ? Parish pump politics at its best, Europe should look after Ireland in trade discussions, not an Irish man in europe.

                                                                                                        The same people laugh at the Healy Raes, same way Europe will be laughing at us for not demanding he resign...sure, didnt he fix the roads!

                                                                                                        Nothing changes, once the heads get in the troughs...
                                                                                                        I don't know about this at all. He's a European Union trade commissioner. What has that got to do in the slightest with obeying a particular countries corona laws? Loads of people break laws all the time and we don't go around demanding that they lose their jobs as a result. In this case its a minor civil breach that has literally nothing to do with his job. He's not even an elected politician, or even someone employed or resident in Ireland. Maybe the issue is really that everyone is overreacting wanting to get on the cancel culture express train.

                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                          I don't know about this at all. He's a European Union trade commissioner. What has that got to do in the slightest with obeying a particular countries corona laws? Loads of people break laws all the time and we don't go around demanding that they lose their jobs as a result. In this case its a minor civil breach that has literally nothing to do with his job. He's not even an elected politician, or even someone employed or resident in Ireland. Maybe the issue is really that everyone is overreacting wanting to get on the cancel culture express train.
                                                                                                          You either agree that some people think they are above the law or you dont.

                                                                                                          You hold yourself to a higher standard as an elected official, thems the rules.

                                                                                                          Cancel culture express train ? No overreaction on my part. The only argument i ahve seen not for him to resign is the fact he is Irish, from Irish people.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            I didn't know she was in Clifden

                                                                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                              a
                                                                                                              The same people laugh at the Healy Raes, same way Europe will be laughing at us for not demanding he resign
                                                                                                              That is exactly what Mehole and Leo have done; that's what 'he should consider his position' means. (i.e. we have lost all confidence in you, now do the decent thing and quit of your own volition)
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                                I don't know about this at all. He's a European Union trade commissioner. What has that got to do in the slightest with obeying a particular countries corona laws? Loads of people break laws all the time and we don't go around demanding that they lose their jobs as a result. In this case its a minor civil breach that has literally nothing to do with his job. He's not even an elected politician, or even someone employed or resident in Ireland. Maybe the issue is really that everyone is overreacting wanting to get on the cancel culture express train.
                                                                                                                It's got nothing to do with 'cancel culture', this must be the red herring du jour. I'd give up on this one if I were you.

                                                                                                                It's precisely why he has such an important job that he must fall on his sword here. Calleary (although obviously a fuckwit) grasped this straight away.

                                                                                                                Otherwise you are into Dominic Cummings territory, which destroys any semblance of social covid cohesion and inevitably leads to 'well if those lads aren't obeying the rules, I'm just going to do whatever I feel like'. I must look back and see all your posts in favour of Boris and Cummings....
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  There's a top UK doctor saying what Stephen Donnolly said last week.

                                                                                                                  Risk of flu or road accident higher for children going to school than coronavirus

                                                                                                                  Dr Jenny Harries tells Sky News says she "can uderstand entirely" why parents are wary about sending their children back to school.

                                                                                                                  But she says schools should now be "safe" with the knowledge there now is of coronavirus.

                                                                                                                  But she adds "no environment is not completely risk-free", giving the example of children being run over by a car on the way to school, or catching the flu.

                                                                                                                  She says: "Every time a parent sends their children to school, [even] pre-COVID, they may have been ivolved in a road traffic accident – there are all sorts of things.

                                                                                                                  "That risk, or the risk of seasonal flu, we think is probably higher than the current risk of coronavirus.”
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                                    It's got nothing to do with 'cancel culture', this must be the red herring du jour. I'd give up on this one if I were you.

                                                                                                                    It's precisely why he has such an important job that he must fall on his sword here. Calleary (although obviously a fuckwit) grasped this straight away.

                                                                                                                    Otherwise you are into Dominic Cummings territory, which destroys any semblance of social covid cohesion and inevitably leads to 'well if those lads aren't obeying the rules, I'm just going to do whatever I feel like'. I must look back and see all your posts in favour of Boris and Cummings....
                                                                                                                    His personal involvement in the whole thing is minor. Reasonable to think that hotel had checked the regulations, which they claim they did. We don't go around firing people from their actual jobs for minor transgressions. I don't know when it became socially admirable to try to deprive people of their livelihoods like some sort of sport.

                                                                                                                    You've a mad ethics altogether. Want to take away someones job because of a reasonable mistake, but when they wanted to take down a statue of a fat racist psychopath you were going on about the excesses of the braying crowd. And look at you now... braying like a big braying brayer-in-chief.

                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                                      That is exactly what Mehole and Leo have done; that's what 'he should consider his position' means. (i.e. we have lost all confidence in you, now do the decent thing and quit of your own volition)
                                                                                                                      As your contacts in Brussels will eventually tell you when they get back online, the commission is not in the business of chopping and changing their rota based on the vagaries of local govs, otherwise there would be a new commissioner being swapped in every time there's any sort of change of government in any of the 27 countries. So maybe a change every few months. The task of local govs is simply to nominate someone, then they're done. There's going to be no firing by Ursula, especially such a key person over something as minor as this.
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        I can absolutely see why we would want Hogan to stay in his job from a political perspective.

                                                                                                                        But Mehole and Leo have in my view, correctly weighed that up against the societal factors and come down on the right side of telling him he must quit.
                                                                                                                        Boris did the same political calculus with Cummings and came down on the wrong side.

                                                                                                                        It really is as simple as the fact that leaders must lead by example, and if they can't do that, then they are not fit to lead and should be dispensed with. Especially in a time of crisis. When they fail in this regard, they send a very clear and very bad message to the population.

                                                                                                                        Now it's over to VDL (who must surely be wondering WTF she did to deserve this steaming pile of shite being dumped in her lap) to tell Big Phil the political facts of life. Would be fun to be a fly on the wall at that one.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 24-08-20, 08:36.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Really thought the phrase was 'baying for something'.
                                                                                                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X