Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently cooking eggs in the shell with the sous vide cooker. 20 mins at 69 C. What a time to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      Political or truthful? Simply stating facts and to ignore them is what lead to populism coming out of the GFC. I hope the folk in power learn from the mistakes of the last crisis.
      There are some difficulties and inconveniences for me but between living in the quiet of the countryside, and having (a bit too much) work to do I've never felt so lucky or privileged in my whole life as I do right now.
      Future holds no certainty for any of us and it does look bleak for many, its difficult but not impossible to be optimistic that we can come out of this better than we went into it.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Currently coddling eggs in the shell with the sous vide cooker. 20 mins at 69 C. What a time to be alive.
        FYP
        Sounds great

Comment

Turned out too runny. I used this to input the consistency I like but it wasn't right: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/the-egg-calculator

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            That's an omelette not scrambled eggs

Yeah you're meant to be folding in the eggs. Tons of butter. Take them off before they're done.

Comment

Just made Ole's scramblers there. Can confirm it took about 30 seconds. They were great.

Stole a little from Silver Tiger too with a splash of Worcester sauce.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I like the 2nd one here...would never bother with scrambled eggs.

Омлет, казалось бы, что может быть проще. А он у вас никогда не подгорал и был нежным как июльский утренний ветерок? Пепан делает классический французский ...

Comment

Assume we are going to see some of the more exotic/wanky ingredients disappearing from shelves in the coming weeks if I’m understanding some news reports correctly.

Comment

Like strewel I’m still working and very busy and feeling extremely privileged for it.
                    Can tell from how I’m acting on my days off that I would be absolutely fucked if I was on full lockdown

Comment

perfect scrambled eggs

Gordon Ramsay turns an ordinary breakfast into something extraordinary.Subscribe now for more MasterChef clips: http://fox.tv/SubscribeMASTERCHEFonFOXWatch m...

Comment

Fairly destroyed a shitty micro 'hi-fi' in the vain hope that it might have a similiar belt inside. I'll just have to wait for the ebay lad in eastern Europe to send one over.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anybody here good with FreeNas? Need to update my Plex server & my SickChill won't start after an update last week, if you can help out drop me a PM
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Just made Ole's scramblers there. Can confirm it took about 30 seconds. They were great.

A wider pan and would have been done in 20...

The ultimate fast-food.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Fix ya some eggs Margie?

Ya

Comment

For cooking fried eggs I learned to turn down the heat made all the difference, would much rather eat MrsF version than the abomination Laz posted. Eggs like Lazs are why I went to poached eggs for years!

Comment

An epicurean ponce called Elshamble
                                  Had no idea of eggs how to scramble
                                  So he asked in this thread
                                  How to get himself fed
                                  Now he's reaching for his pan handle
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Liking this Cliona one on Home School Hub

Comment

Fix ya some eggs Margie?

Ya

So, uh, you married old Norm son-of-a-Gunderson?

Yah

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                        For cooking fried eggs I learned to turn down the heat made all the difference, would much rather eat MrsF version than the abomination Laz posted. Eggs like Lazs are why I went to poached eggs for years!
                                        That's Donegal for ya. Always on the wrong side of public opinion.

Comment

Please someone try dried fenugreek mixed in and report back.
                                          You breastfeeding?

Comment

If I were to eat eggs again i'd have "egg in a cup" that my mother used to make. Couple of eggs boiled to between soft and hard, added to a cup with lots of butter and salt and pounded into deliciousness.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            #PrayforTar

My last lend finished up right before all this! I didn't like how they change the system a few years ago and stopped lending then. That's how it's done! He says after losing a Tesla off his pension.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                              You breastfeeding?
                                              lol, funny, that's how I discovered it. Bought a fresh bunch in the Indian shop to introduce it to my wife's diet a couple of years ago. Googled how to dry it and have it in a jar since. Been sprinkling it into everything. Lovely savoury flavour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                If I were to eat eggs again i'd have "egg in a cup" that my mother used to make. Couple of eggs boiled to between soft and hard, added to a cup with lots of butter and salt and pounded into deliciousness.
                                                Used to have that when I was a kid too. Was delicious!

Comment

egg soldiers. there's a blast from the past

Comment

Great site!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

All these arguments over the best way to do the shittest type of eggs. Scrambled, lol, are ye all poor or something?

Comment

I guess you could use Worcester sauce if it was Tuesday. Henderson's Relish is the splash of kings.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          An epicurean ponce called Elshamble
                                                          Had no idea of eggs how to scramble
                                                          So he asked in this thread
                                                          How to get himself fed
                                                          Now he's reaching for his pan handle
                                                          Well you got the epicurean ponce bit right at least

Comment

Fried eggs, batch loaf or good sourdough, butter and Tabasco sauce (toasting optional)

Comment

Easter eggs FTW
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                Anybody here good with FreeNas? Need to update my Plex server & my SickChill won't start after an update last week, if you can help out drop me a PM
                                                                These aren't real things are they

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                  All these arguments over the best way to do the shittest type of eggs. Scrambled, lol, are ye all poor or something?
                                                                  Tossing a few grenades in the Limerick thread i see, wonder how many bites you will get with the Kilkee comment....
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    Tossing a few grenades in the Limerick thread i see, wonder how many bites you will get with the Kilkee comment....
                                                                    It is meant as a grenade, but coincidentally it's also how I actually feel. Maybe there's a better mini-community or something in Kilkee but as an occasional visitor I find Lahinch way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      I'll have you know wars were started for less. The Lilliputians and the bleufuscudians for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Easter eggs FTW
                                                                        Auld Wombatman always loved Easter
                                                                        But his Missus felt it beneath 'er
                                                                        So he'd happily munch eggs
                                                                        But she'd cross her legs
                                                                        And his weasel stayed ungreased sure

Comment

Eggs

Scrambled. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl, a nice lump of butter, handful of Chives. Throw in microwave, stir every now and then. Perfect

Fried. Crack on a cold pan. Cook on a very low heat
                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 09-04-20, 12:41.
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                            Did you check the flux capacitor?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                              Eggs

Scrambled. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl, knob, butter, handful of Chives. Throw in microwave, stir every now and then. Perfect

Please leave the knob out
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Bet there’s loads of thick cunt cyclist and runners basically hanging themselves by posting publicly on Strava etc. Would be a treasure trove for the guards if interested

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  left it far too late for my beer reupping.
                                                                                  everywhere fecking sold out of nearly everything
                                                                                  I predicted these things.
                                                                                  Get on the Hackenberg/Perlenbacher train
                                                                                  Middle class fripperies will start to disappear soon

Comment

Cheers.
                                                                                    Meh-opinions eh!

I do like how you cook eggs though

Comment

Went to GP today as I had a really sore throat since Monday. Felt like swallowing razorbaldes having a drink of water. Full PPE on the GP and the relief from him when he ruled out CV.

Said nerve showing and bleeding on my Larynx.

Mrs had similar symptoms (not as bad) totally convinced it was CV yesterday.

My boss more than likely has CV but he’s got a mild case so far.
                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Eggs
                                                                                        Scrambled. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl, knob, butter, handful of Chives. Throw in microwave, stir every now and then. Perfect
                                                                                        Would that be Benedict's knob?

Comment

Eggs

Bait
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

In some cookbooks or online recipes, you will be instructed to add a "knob of butter." For instance, maybe the recipe is for a piece of grilled meat and at the end you are told to "put a knob of butter on top." This is something you'll get from English and Irish cooks, and for all I know, Scottish,
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Not sure if any of ye smegheads are Red Dwarf fans.
                                                                                              New 2 hour episode on Dave tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                Bet there’s loads of thick cunt cyclist and runners basically hanging themselves by posting publicly on Strava etc. Would be a treasure trove for the guards if interested
                                                                                                Got my 10k run in this morning well inside the 2km radius from my house and in under an hour.

Did meet a fair few cyclists who I doubt were doing laps of the town but that's their own bad decision to make.

Comment

Debenhams closing all 11 stores in Ireland, that's quite a substantial loss as they are the anchor store for a few places including City Square in Waterford and Whitewater in Newbridge.

I'd expect to see a number of retailers follow.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    Bait
                                                                                                    Must be a woman thing. My missus makes scrambled egg in the microwave and its rank. Made them a few times for her in a pan and she says she sees no difference. Major difference imo

Comment

Eggs
                                                                                                      Throw in microwave, stir every now and then. Perfect

Never mind the knob fixation, Microwaving eggs is a sick way to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                        Debenhams closing all 11 stores in Ireland, that's quite a substantial loss as they are the anchor store for a few places including City Square in Waterford and Whitewater in Newbridge.

I'd expect to see a number of retailers follow.
                                                                                                        first thing my wife asked..."are they having a sale"

heartless wagon
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

When is Penny's open . I need new socks and jocks.

Dunnes only for food ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            Some woman on Joe Duffy talking about Lazare.
                                                                                                            That eggscalated quickly

Comment

Yer wan SatNav opened her gob
                                                                                                              And started talking about knobs
                                                                                                              The durrrrty auld scutter
                                                                                                              wait, 'twas only butter
                                                                                                              That turned the lads into egg snobs

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                When is Penny's open . I need new socks and jocks.

Dunnes only for food ?
                                                                                                                Dunnes Blanchardstown have moved some of their clothes into the grocery section (not exactly within the spirit of the rules but hey). Have definitely seen t-shirts on sale, will be in there later so will report on s&j.

Dealz, also in Blanch, have a clothes section at the back of the store. Probably a quality level or two below Dunnes though.

Aldi/Lidl may have had some stuff in depending on what is on their Thursday specials this week.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  I guess you could use Worcester sauce if it was Tuesday. Henderson's Relish is the splash of kings.
                                                                                                                  Never heard of Henderson's Relish but looked the product up briefly and I suspect that Henderson is a vegetarian wanker or worse still a vegan wanker as it contains no anchovies which seems to be the big difference. However as im an open minded sort I will try some first before I condemn or make a commendation.

I say 'Henderson is' rather than 'Henderson was' because hes likely to still be alive being a vegetaran or vegan as those wankers never die. Their shoulder blades protrudes so much you can see their skeleton and imagine them without skin, thats when you know you have a dedicated vegan in their prime.

Some good suggestions re scrambled eggs etc. I usually like mine dry and balling up just before it loses its glisten. Quite unexciting really, I never really tried nowt else so will consider these options.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                    Never heard of Henderson's Relish but looked the product up briefly and I suspect that Henderson is a vegetarian wanker or worse still a vegan wanker as it contains no anchovies which seems to be the big difference. However as im an open minded sort I will try some first before I condemn or make a commendation.

I say 'Henderson is' rather than 'Henderson was' because hes likely to still be alive being a vegetaran or vegan as those wankers never die. Their shoulder blades protrudes so much you can see their skeleton and imagine them without skin, thats when you know you have a dedicated vegan in their prime.

Some good suggestions re scrambled eggs etc. I usually like mine dry and balling up just before it loses its glisten. Quite unexciting really, I never really tried nowt else so will consider these options.
                                                                                                                    It contains a small amount of aspartame so can't be that bad.

Comment

I am really weird when it comes to any eggs. If the egg is a boiled egg, I like the white cooked but the yolk runny. If the white is that clear jelly way, it makes me want to boak.

Scrambled, if they are too watery, they make me want to heave.

An omelette, if there is any part that isn't cooked, that puts me off them for months. (Tony is an amazing omelette maker!)

Poached, never eat these till my 30's, too many seen that were with undercooked whites. One thing I hate now though, is the yolk overcooked.

I have explained about fried. Years ago Tony told his mam I didn't like fried eggs, because she makes them ala Lazare (you are still wrong) Then one day he was making me breakfast at her house and cooked me a fried egg, and did she not pick up on it and remember him saying I didn't like them!
                                                                                                                      I can't remember how he got out of it though

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        Easter eggs FTW
                                                                                                                        I still dream of the custom order one I had made up a few years ago, shell was filled with a think layer of reeses style peanutbutter filling.

Comment

All this talk of eggs reminded me of migas. Has the dish made it to Ireland or just a tex mex thing?

Old corn tortillas cut into thin pieces, seared in pan so they crisp up then scrambled eggs mixed in with onions, peppers and then served with cholula hot sauce

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X