X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Passwords and stuff ok ?
    Quoting this so it's not missed. Was any user data compromised, PMs, credentials etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

More tribalism no? Like following a football team.
      Most football teams don't have an openly racist agenda. (Note that I said most!).

Comment

Hitch, if you interested in maximising your ETH return you should look into yield farming. EbFjwkYUcAAXOnY.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Passwords and stuff ok ?
          To be honest I don't know. It'd be very wise to change your passwords that you use the same of elsewhere that you use here (which you shouldn't anyway as it's bad practice).

Comment

Anyone following what is going on at GGPoker. The site that is hosting the WSOP events. They have confiscated money (180k) from a player who re-registered on a different skin almost 3 years after he was first banned. They allowed him to play for 2 years losing. When he finally won and tried to withdraw they have confiscated the money. A number of players have come forward to say the same thing has happened to them. It seems though the site is not redistributing this money to players and instead just keep it. Seems like a nice little money-spinner. A number of players who played with the OP in this say they never received any compensation. GG has very vague rules around why they can ban players. Basically anyone they feel is bad for the ecology of the site. That could be just because you are a winner.

All seems very shady.

tl;dr Another online poker site being an online poker site.

Comment

There's been a constant undercurrent of bad stories about GG poker.

Comment

I see sciences loss just scuffed another one in after beautiful minding himself into position to open the scoring for Bayern
                PMA

Comment

Braved the Covid to get an x-ray in Tallaght Hospital today. Though I've always wanted to err on the side of caution, I think we may have over egged it.
                  Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

Comment

Also, Minsk looking like a city in the USA. Hope the protesters are a bit more organised.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                        Lol

With all the chapters he will have to devout himself being a right cunt, it will have to be some size book to actually get around to dishing on the blue shirts!
                        PMA

Comment

Anyone know where to get an running shots on target by a player in a match? (Messi in this one)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Anyone know where to get an running shots on target by a player in a match? (Messi in this one)
                            https://www.flashscore.com/
                            Click the game then stats

Comment

Ooooof.

Although any right-thinking man will surely be funking for Leipzig to win this thing.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

https://www.flashscore.com/
                                Click the game then stats
                                Doesnt give player breakdown, unless I'm stupid! (doesnt matter now anyway as bet came in, just no way of checking)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Ooooof.

Although any right-thinking man will surely be funking for Leipzig to win this thing.
                                  I know a man on at 25s before Quarters, cant see myself, seem a grinding team but you never know!

Comment

Thought Thomas Müller had a great game there. I say to myself, fair play he's still go it, but sure he might not have too many years left in him the fecker. Did a quick Wiki search, bastard is younger than me (30). Some player, some career.
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Something to do tomorrow night if you're stuck at home. While I can't vouch for the theatre aspect of it I can say for sure you won't see a better band than Lankum live this year.

Support your local music fiends...

LANKUM PRESENTS - A NATIONAL DISGRACE - LIVE AT THE ABBEY AUGUST 15th

“You have disgraced yourselves again!" - W.B. Yeats

In 1926, a furious Yeats took to the stage of the Abbey theatre, in an attempt to quell the riot that had erupted during the premiere of Sean O’Casey’s The Plough and the Stars. The audience, offended by O’Casey’s themes of prostitution and use of blasphemy and profanities, objected, thus marking an evening that was publicly deemed A National Disgrace.

On Saturday 15th of August, almost a century later, LANKUM, along with a number of special guests from the contemporary world of Irish music and comedy, will take to the same stage and bring you an evening like no other. Broadcast live online to exclusive ticket holders, the group will host a very special one-off, immersive, surrealist experience.

Come with us on a night out in Dublin city. An adventure that begins with your taxi drive to Dublin’s historic Abbey Theatre. You will be welcomed inside by our specially chosen usher and directed to your seat, thus beginning your gradual descent into a warped, dreamworld of musical performance, theatre, winding passages, doorways, drones and existential uncertainty…

LANKUM will be performing two unique sets, comprising music from all three of their albums. For the first time in a live setting, they will be joined by all of the guest musicians who performed on their latest album The Livelong Day. The two sets will form continuous pieces of music devised by the band and producer John Spud Murphy, containing a number of never before performed songs alongside their more popular works, linked with completely new arrangements of drones and soundscapes, and interwoven with specifically selected audio samples from the world of Irish history and folklore.

As well as LANKUM’s performance, the evening will be interspersed with appearances from a number of artists from all corners of the country’s current cultural landscape, combining to make this one of the most memorable nights out you are likely to experience in Dublin town.

A National Disgrace will revisit the power of live productions to provoke visceral and emotional responses, and explore the possibilities presented by the unfamiliar new world of virtual performance in which we find ourselves.

The broadcast will be available to tickets holders for 24 hours following the performance, going offline at Sun 16 Aug, 9.30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                        Something to do tomorrow night if you're stuck at home. While I can't vouch for the theatre aspect of it I can say for sure you won't see a better band than Lankum live this year.
                                        Bought and listened to that last Lankum album on your's and Larazare's (and despite SP's) recommendations. Good luck to them, didn't do anything for me.

Comment

Aftertiming bastard eh.

Comment

Dont know if im a fan of YouTube stopping email notifications from my subs, first i heard of it was today wondering why i didnt get notified !
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Bought and listened to that last Lankum album on your's and Larazare's (and despite SP's) recommendations. Good luck to them, didn't do anything for me.
                                              It's a bit transgressive in trad/folk terms but then I think so were The Chieftans, Christy, Planxty etc.. in their day.

Not to everyone's taste for sure. I like to think of them as the 'black metal' of trad/folk which I'm sure will put even more people off but I think tomorrow night will be a spectacle at very least for the price of a couple of pints.

Support the transgressives I say!

Comment

The day-to-day HiFi amplifier (a vintage Swedish affair) is at the audio doctor this weekend so I'm reduced to listening to YouTube videos on the laptop with a set of reasonably decent, studio quality Sennheiser headphones.

Thoroughly enjoying Bjork in 1997 though. I saw her in Boston in 1995 on the 'Post' tour and can confirm it was extraordinary of course.

Highly recommended for those of you among us who think 25 years ago was just yesterday and music (particularly when it was live) was just better then.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 14-08-20, 22:39.

Comment

We'll be tuning in in this house.

​​I didn't realise you could stream it at your leisure, that's great news. 8.30pm didn't really suit.

​​​​​​
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Oh, I see it's 9pm, somehow thought it was 8.30.

That should be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      Oh, I see it's 9pm, somehow thought it was 8.30.

That should be grand.
                                                      Yup. Streamable for 24 hours once you've bought your ticket AFAIK. Hope its worth watching twice!

Comment

I'm still on me 3km .

Comment

Yeah, incredible. Ciara Mageean bursting Sonia's 27 year old 1000m record too.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                            The day-to-day HiFi amplifier (a vintage Swedish affair) is at the audio doctor this weekend so I'm reduced to listening to YouTube videos on the laptop with a set of reasonably decent, studio quality Sennheiser headphones.

Thoroughly enjoying Bjork in 1997 though. I saw her in Boston in 1995 on the 'Post' tour and can confirm it was extraordinary of course.

Highly recommended for those of you among us who think 25 years ago was just yesterday and music (particularly when it was live) was just better then.

I'd love a night with Bjork, what a mad woman she is

if ya wanna go retro. These still seem fresh to me today. Saw them Live, what a GREAT gig. I used to love the Turin Breaks but they never took off as they should have

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 15-08-20, 08:20.

Comment

20 YEARS Later

Comment

Bit of a schoolboy error on our part paying for the club lounge access on the ferry to have a bit of space. There's about enough people on the entire ferry to have one person per deck. Its a rather genteel and elegant way of traveling. Falling asleep lulled by the mild vibrations of the ship and awoken eventually by a rasping Polish intercom announcement of fantastic breakfast deals in the restaurant.
                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Turin Breaks 20 years later also. Wait for the acoustic solo at the end,

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                    Turin Breaks 20 years later also. Wait for the acoustic solo at the end,
                                                                    On a 12 string guitar too. Nice.

If live music and bands being able to tour are a long-term covid casualty I'd seriously consider moving out of Dublin I think. Wouldn't grumble. 20-odd years was a good run.

Could grow into being PSV's worst nightmare.

Comment

Wheres my Saturday Racing Vigin Media you cunts

All Star Mr&Mrs reruns FFS

Comment

75 years today.

image.jpg

Comment

The sooner people let that collective madness be forgotten like all the other wars, the better. Plebs dying from every side so big men can see who the biggest man is. I see Sky News is noting the participation by the Indians on the Brit side as if it was some noble gesture by the Indians rather than the cost of their slavery to the nobel British effort to rid the world of *ahem* bad countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            I'm still on me 3km .
                                                                            Your still our champ

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              The sooner people let that collective madness be forgotten like all the other wars, the better. Plebs dying from every side so big men can see who the biggest man is. I see Sky News is noting the participation by the Indians on the Brit side as if it was some noble gesture by the Indians rather than the cost of their slavery to the nobel British effort to rid the world of *ahem* bad countries.
                                                                              You can't just erase history (no matter if good or bad).

The old line about those who fail to learn the lessons of history still applies today.

Comment

The old line about those who fail to learn the lessons of history still applies today.
                                                                                It's not really as simple as that. Part of the modern English problem is they can't get past the one bit of history they remember, i.e. Chamberlain and the second world war. That didn't work out to well for them regarding the last Iraq disaster.

Comment

The main thing we learn from history is that we repeatedly fail to learn from History. q.v. Trump
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Eldest son was one of the unusually well behaved crowds up in the mountains cheering on the cyclists in the Tour of Lombardy, considering what they were going through in that area just a few months ago it is quite a hopeful day there.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

The main thing we learn from history is that we repeatedly fail to learn from History. q.v. Trump
                                                                                      Still my guitar gently weeeeeeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

It's not really as simple as that. Part of the modern English problem is they can't get past the one bit of history they remember, i.e. Chamberlain and the second world war. That didn't work out to well for them regarding the last Iraq disaster.
                                                                                        I would have thought Brexit was a far more appropriate example of the misapplication of historical memory regarding WW2.

You'll have to explain the Iraq\WW2 parallel to me.

Comment

200 new cases, 81 from Kildare. Did people just go back to dogging because the pubs are still closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

We've had the longest sustained period of peace in Europe ever. We might have learned a few things eventually.

Comment

Comment

This is fantastic

Comment

Benny, is there a delay on yours?

About 5 secs on mine. Exited and reopened and it didn't fix.

Minor inconvenience tbh

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Benny, is there a delay on yours?

About 5 secs on mine. Exited and reopened and it didn't fix.

Minor inconvenience tbh
                                                                                                      Fine for me Laz. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Refresh fixed it

Comment

Champions League is just one of those sporting tournaments that consistently delivers great entertainment. Similar to the Heineken Cup in rugby.

Pretty much the only soccer I watch all year and it's always really good in the knockout stages.

Comment

Nah. It's what is always said. But it's just plain wrong. The surest way of a politician in trouble to be re-elected is to start a war. Warmonging politicians in the image of Churchill are viewed as something admirable in the US and UK (Thatcher, Johnson when given a chance). And tough-guy politics is big everywhere. Hollywood can't stop making war movies that have tragedy but also glory at the heart of the story. So when exactly is the lesson going to be learned? Because it has been 75 years.

Comment

Pep should be horse whipped for that.

Comment

Nah. It's what is always said. But it's just plain wrong. The surest way of a politician in trouble to be re-elected is to start a war. Warmonging politicians in the image of Churchill are viewed as something admirable in the US and UK (Thatcher, Johnson when given a chance). And tough-guy politics is big everywhere. Hollywood can't stop making war movies that have tragedy but also glory at the heart of the story. So when exactly is the lesson going to be learned? Because it has been 75 years.
                                                                                                                Hollywood <> real life. Feels like this calls for the Father Ted 'Dreams...reality' meme.

As said, we have had the longest sustained period of peace ever. Lessons have been learned. Look at the multilateral institutions put in place to prevent war after WW2. Successful ones.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  Pep should be horse whipped for that.
                                                                                                                  He looks the kind to self-flagellate quite willingly.

Comment

Hollywood <> real life. Feels like this calls for the Father Ted 'Dreams...reality' meme.

As said, we have had the longest sustained period of peace ever. Lessons have been learned. Look at the multilateral institutions put in place to prevent war after WW2. Successful ones.
                                                                                                                    I'm talking about these annual commemorations, just let them die, not the fact that the UN was (maybe) set up in its wake. People saying "we'll never forget" despite evidentially forgetting based on the idiots they elect.

Comment

I'm talking about these annual commemorations, just let them die, not the fact that the UN was (maybe) set up in its wake. People saying "we'll never forget" despite evidentially forgetting based on the idiots they elect.
                                                                                                                      I suppose that is most egregiously evident in Russia.

They are the ones who have the biggest fetish about WW2, skilfully leveraged by Putin. And he's started how many wars now? A shitload.

Comment

That was absolutely astounding Benny. Thank you so much for giving me the nudge, was himming and hawing all week about buying a ticket, thought it would be a kinda flat experience, didn't think it would feel live. I was very wrong. It was incredible. So immersive. The segues were fantastic.

That Belfast hip hop act towards the end were electric.

Buzzing here.

Gonna watch it again

Comment

I would have thought Brexit was a far more appropriate example of the misapplication of historical memory regarding WW2.

You'll have to explain the Iraq\WW2 parallel to me.
                                                                                                                          Conservatives at the time made the argument that leaving Hussein in power was like appeasing Hitler. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...373-story.html

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X