This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    I see Sanders has quit. Good news for the Dems.
    Have to hope that Saunders will carry on for a while
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I like a bit of crisp on my fried egg. Adds a bit of texture to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
        I like a bit of crisp on my fried egg. Adds a bit of texture to it.
        As long as the white is cooked fully, I'll eat an egg in a variety of states until it becomes rubbery. Some are less optimal than others, but uncooked egg white is a pure turnoff.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
          Rank the best ways eggs are cooked.
          Covered in sausage meat and deep fried.
          Poached
          Fried
          Baked
          Soft boiled
          Scrambled
          Hard boiled
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            There once was a man called Horatio
            Who enjoyed both giving and receiving fellatio
            He enjoyed both so greatly
            But realised that lately
            He had developed a troubling ratio...
            Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
              He has and he hasn't. He will still remain on the ballots and there will still be a vote in most states. He won't win, but still wants to be involved or something and keep his delegates.
              He is done.

His goose is roasted.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                Rank the best ways eggs are cooked.
                By the wife

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  He is done.

His goose is roasted.
                  Oh I know he's done, but he hasn't withdrawn entirely as the others have, he's just not going to campaign any more. A bit pointless really.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    Madrid's recorded death rate in March was twice last years...

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...l-figures.html
                    Worse than that.

It's saying that deaths in the final two weeks of March this year, are twice as bad as the whole of March last year.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Mrs F, I'm not quoting that massive slimy looking badly cooked fried egg but would just like to say that you're wrong.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Only people who cannot make scrambled eggs correctly prefer other types of eggs
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've never fully trusted anyone who prefers scrambled eggs . Something sinister about you milk suckers

So who won the 6 nations I forget?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              I've never fully trusted anyone who prefers scrambled eggs . Something sinister about you milk suckers

So who won the 6 nations I forget?
                              People who put milk in scrambled eggs are doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                How would you fine folk go about instructing a four-year-old in football in a fun way?

Like we're generally just kicking the ball around. But he's not even great at kicking - should he be or have I got a dodgy kid? Are there some small (fun!) routines we could work into the messing about so he gets the basics?
                                Feck routines. Pass the ball back and forth til he's too good at it. Kids love that. When he has that down you make goalposts and stand in goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  People who put milk in scrambled eggs are doing it wrong.
                                  Butter instead of milk
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

How would you fine folk go about instructing a four-year-old in football in a fun way?

Like we're generally just kicking the ball around. But he's not even great at kicking - should he be or have I got a dodgy kid? Are there some small (fun!) routines we could work into the messing about so he gets the basics?
                                    Set up little targets for him to aim at
                                    Give him 3 footballs and line up 10 items like skittles
                                    Kids aged 4 are more interested in what’s around them rather than a ball in front of them
                                    Do an obstacles course , where u are using a ball at all times thru cones and other objects

If that don’t work buy him a paint brush and get him to paint the back wall for you

Comment

Only the sort of plebs locked into Ireland of the 60's makes scrambled eggs with milk.

Here's how to do it right.

Teaspoon of Creme Fraiche per 2 eggs and a good lot of pepper
                                      non stick pan, low heat, more or less never stop stirring, 4 eggs will take c.15 minutes. Only add salt when serving.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Only the sort of plebs locked into Ireland of the 60's makes scrambled eggs with milk.

non stick pan, low heat, more or less never stop stirring, 4 eggs will take c.15 minutes. Only add salt when serving.
                                        Reported for trolling.

Comment

pity the Americans as a whole are to stupid and won't read this

look away now Denny

Comment

Teaspoon of Creme Fraiche
                                            Never thought there was justification for gulags in Ireland but there we have it.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                              Butter instead of milk
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

left it far too late for my beer reupping.
                                                  everywhere fecking sold out of nearly everything

Comment

You fuckers are sick. You belong in the wuhan wet markets. I'm going to make a dippy broken yolked egg sambo with brown sauce. .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Eggwanker

Comment

Beer: How is anyone over the age of 26 still drinking it?

Eggs: Throwing out an egg because the yolk has broken,..., really?

Non stick pan? GTFO with your NASA propaganda.

Gin?; If you have a preferred mixer for your spirits, go back to drinking beer. Waste of a distillation process imo.

Comment

Fenugreek in the scramblers lads. Do it.

Although am all over omelettes lately. Chopped cherry tomatoes, mixed in olive oil and balsamico, and grated parmesan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                            Never thought there was justification for gulags in Ireland but there we have it.
                                                            Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                wut?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  I actually thought there was a good chance that was just normal expected traffic at that time of the evening. Doesnt take long to get a line like that when you reduce to single file and are questioning everybody.
                                                                  I've been driving in and out of work every morning/evening since the lock down last Friday week. That road is not on my route but there is hardly any cars on the road at the minute.

My commute time has gone from 45-55 minutes to 20 or under. There is often times, I am the only car in either direction on some stretches of road.

To me, there is no way that queue is caused by people going to/from essential work and a bit of shopping, regardless of one lane and/or a checkpoint. That smacks of people en route to a holiday home for the bank holiday weekend in the sunny South East.

Edit

Just to add, I've been stopped at 6 checkpoints in the last week and a half. Sometimes on roads with two lanes and sometimes on roads with only one lane. Garda were speaking to every driver. There was never more than 3 or 4 cars of a tailback at any of the checkpoints.
                                                                  Last edited by Lao Lao; 08-04-20, 22:41.

Comment

So many wrong things posted here this evening I can't even...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      wut?
                                                                      bru brewery
                                                                      white hag
                                                                      craft central
                                                                      all running low.
                                                                      I made do but not my first choices.

Comment

Someone mentioned it above but that spot where the M50 meets the N11 really does slow to a crawl in the evenings until the bray exit.

I work in cherrywood and need to leave work about 4 to avoid it if I'm heading to Wicklow.

As GAB said, reduced to a single lane with the police actively questioning people it could easily get that bad just with people who legit work in Dublin but commute from Wexford/Wicklow.

Comment

Since the theme is poetry, never really had the courage to post this before. Wrote it in 2014 a week after my first daughter was born, was bursting with happiness about the whole thing.

Wrote it about the night she was born when I was standing in an empty quiet hospital corridor in scrubs waiting to be called in

Lamplight illuminated strangers,

Autumn late night rain

Restless euphoric tip toes, a drunkard's emotion

Souls trudging forgettably, etched forever,

Never knowing always there

Abandoned beautiful fronts chalked and torn

Art is to be born

Vertical rain of Amber, no longer melancholic,

Silence, only breathing,

Art is to be born

Comment

15 mins ? That including the laying ?

3 eggs take literally 20seconds in a hot pan, off the heat.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                              Since the theme is poetry, never really had the courage to post this before. Wrote it in 2014 a week after my first daughter was born, was bursting with happiness about the whole thing.

Wrote it about the night she was born when I was standing in an empty quiet hospital corridor in scrubs waiting to be called in
                                                                              Stick to the day job

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Have read before about very low heat slow scramble. Not 15 mins though, 5 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                                                                    Stick to the day job
                                                                                    Harsh

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Have read before about very low heat slow scramble. Not 15 mins though, 5 maybe.
                                                                                      I was of that school, never cook an egg with more heat than a candle.

Hot and fast has a similar outcome, i cant find a video, but its all about the constant moving, between you shaking the pan and the spatula mixing the egg.

Get a pan hot, add some butter, while that melts whisk 3 eggs in a bowl, season, butter starts to smoke, use olive oil if you are wish, pour contents into pan, start stirring the eggs with the spatula, more moving them from the walls of the pan whilst shaking the pan, they start to fold, coagulate, do it on or off the heat, i prefer off, its literally 30seconds, once they go from liquid to solid, done..there should be no colour. Crack of black pepper, splash of tobasco, done.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

The IPB evening news.

The Headlines:

Dice75 at a loss to explain missing container.

Gambling coup - Garda Have released a headless photofit of a man wearing a green smoking jacket and crevat.

UFO or Round and round you go.

Good evening.

Luxury bathroom supplies Importer Dice75 says he is at a loss as to the whereabouts of a container of high end toilet seats that were destined for Garda stations around the country. Although Dice75 said it was not the first time shipments had been delayed it was now a matter of urgency as most of the seats that the consignment were due to replace had already been removed at the stations. A Garda spokesman said that while following a few lines of enquiry, as of now they have nothing to go on.

Fraud squad detectives are examining unusual betting trends from a race that took place back when sport was still a thing. Detectives from Kildare say the coup was actually lucky to succeed as the horse that finished third looked a likely winner at various stages . At the 3 furlongs pole he was hit by a tin of USA biscuits thrown from the crowd, at the two furlongs pole when challenging he was hit by a selection of cheeses and as he took the lead at the furlong pole his progress was halted by a missile that was later confirmed as a box of novelty Xmas crackers. The turf club held their own inquiry and found that the third horse had been badly hampered. Detectives while not 100% sure of the identity of the coup mastermind said they have a main suspect in mind who uses a series of aliases such as Niall Hoyes aka G.A.B aka B.C.B. aka B.Y.O.B aka N.R.N.B.

A large crater has appeared in the Rathcoole / Citywest vicinity. Initial reports stated that there may have been UFO activity in the area . Other eye witnesses say that it is the result of a jogger running the same route over and over within a two mile radius of his home that had simply worn away the ground beneath him. Gardai say they have yet to rule anything in or out in relation to the hole but they currently have 10 officers looking into it.

In coronavirus news. Paschal Donohoe has confirmed that he will shortly order the nationalisation of all branches of the Grafton barber and Peter Mark's. He said "while we dont know when it will arrive we know a surge is coming and we will be prepared." Questioned about supplies he assured reporters that a large order had been secured with China containing 1.2 million black and white pictures of Elvis with a quiff, 3.4 million water spray containers in the shape of Jack Daniel's bottles and 1.3 million jars of beard wax to be specifically targeted at the southside of Dublin region. He said at this stage he was confident that we had an ample supply of reclining chairs and that access will be based on a follicle need basis.

In business news there will be some letters with red and green arrows going across the bottom of your screen. If you dont know what they mean you should have already switched over to I'm a celebrity.

Todays weather: Walk 2 km from your house against the prevailing wind and look up at the sky. That's what it will be like when you get back home.

And finally,
                                                                                          A young girl in Malahide sends a heartfelt thanks to the emergency services who rescued her cat from a tree. 5 Superintendents , 12 plain clothes detectives, 4 units of the ERU, a sub aqua team , 2 helicopters and Paul Williams assisted in the rescue. A Garda spokesperson said " Things are a bit quiet".

That's all for now. Stay safe and goodnight.

Comment

I wouldn't let the butter go all the way to smoking point myself, but that general method by far the best, imo.
                                                                                            I agree, sizzle more than smoke.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I see Wimbledon get a decent insurance chunk to cover losses for the tennis being cancelled. Would most sports/teams have these mechanics in place. Like would the likes of Airton Risk etc (and by extension PP) be on the hook for big chunks or would this not fall into it.

Comment

The most recent Better Caul Saul is one of the better tv episodes ever filmed.
                                                                                                And the whole of season 5 is not far behind (if even)

Comment

Get a pan hot, add some butter, while that melts whisk 3 eggs in a bowl, season, butter starts to smoke, use olive oil if you are wish, pour contents into pan, start stirring the eggs with the spatula, more moving them from the walls of the pan whilst shaking the pan, they start to fold, coagulate, do it on or off the heat, i prefer off, its literally 30seconds, once they go from liquid to solid, done..there should be no colour. Crack of black pepper, splash of tobasco, done.
                                                                                                  Also relies on you taking them off at the right time.
                                                                                                  People also have the a habit of blasting the heat until its cook, then residual heat sends it over on the plate. Not just eggs, but roasts and such too. Not to mention the attitude of "it's done now, but i'll give it another 10 to be safe".

Comment

Post a video of you doing perfect scrambled eggs in 20 seconds please.

Comment

...

Comment

Emily Maitlis getting a bit political on Newsnight yesterday

Comment

Please don't encourage him.
                                                                                                          No, I'm curious. I'd write 20 seconds off as an exaggeration only for the use of the word literally.

Comment

I wouldn't let the butter go all the way to smoking point myself, but that general method by far the best, imo.
                                                                                                            My rule is as soon as butter goes quiet it's time.

Comment

The most recent Better Caul Saul is one of the better tv episodes ever filmed.
                                                                                                              It was a cracker. Loving this season.
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              Was funking hard for that to be Mike

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                The IPB evening news.

The Headlines:
                                                                                                                This was fantastic, you're on fire Fellatio. I vote for this to be nightly.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  Emily Maitlis getting a bit political on Newsnight yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhJP6_pmKFs
                                                                                                                  Political or truthful? Simply stating facts and to ignore them is what lead to populism coming out of the GFC. I hope the folk in power learn from the mistakes of the last crisis.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    Post a video of you doing perfect scrambled eggs in 20 seconds please.
                                                                                                                    Yeah. This. It'll be a fucking disaster. Like the omelette challenge on Saturday Kitchen.

SP closest to the perfect Scrambled eggs i can see here.

Anything to be said for pinch of Aromat(yellow) on any eggs? Worcester sauce on scrambed after they're done is a given.

That Delonghi Grinder, Aeropress and Calender Coffee beans just came up Trumps. Almost giddy that i am drinking solid coffee for the first time in a month and for the rest of WFH.

Comment

Hot and fast has a similar outcome, i cant find a video, but its all about the constant moving, between you shaking the pan and the spatula mixing the egg.
                                                                                                                      That's an omelette not scrambled eggs

Scrambling eggs is like making love to a beautiful woman... smother in cream and take your time.

Comment

Please someone try dried fenugreek mixed in and report back.

Comment

Don't want to big it up too much but there's a fair chance you'll think of me as the egg king afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X