X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadParrot
    replied
    I had a visibly dodgy pint in Peters Pub this afternoon.
    I'm in a fucking heap all day after it.

Leave a comment:

• Micknail
    replied
    Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Nope doesn’t tire me out at all- this is the place for it- Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - plenty of other places to be positive.

interesting that me having a snipe at a bunch of cheats who also play fairly large sums of cash to poach players from other clubs which is completely against the supposed ethos the competition they cheated to win is the post that gets you whinging.
    kilmaskid marks was a poor effort though tbf- I blame the drink
    I like to think that you enjoy the misery!

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

If that's a sister to Fish Shack Malahide, I'd steer clear. Pretty uninspiring when we were there the other week.
    Oh really? I haven't actually eaten in it. I tried to walk in one Sunday last Summer and couldn't get a table. Thought the food looked great, and general vibe seemed really nice.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Fish Shack in Sandycove SP. Not sure you'll get a booking though.
    If that's a sister to Fish Shack Malahide, I'd steer clear. Pretty uninspiring when we were there the other week.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    The new windows make an outrageous difference to the house already. My scepticism about the claim to get us up to A-rated may have been ill-founded.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Fish Shack in Sandycove SP. Not sure you'll get a booking though.

The Leop if you fancy good pub grubbage

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied

Nope doesn’t tire me out at all- this is the place for it- Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - plenty of other places to be positive.

interesting that me having a snipe at a bunch of cheats who also play fairly large sums of cash to poach players from other clubs which is completely against the supposed ethos the competition they cheated to win is the post that gets you whinging.
    I think you're sound

Leave a comment:

• balfejohn
    replied
    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Be careful of the Lasagne there . They use the horsemeat from BalfeJohns tips (bumper crop)
    Jesus
    Down on me luck trying to get a few winners
    The lasagne is to die for
    ask any of the last 12 tips

Leave a comment:

• MysteryGuest
    replied
    Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Does the constant snideness and bitterness and begrudgery ever tire you out?

Last edited by MysteryGuest; 04-02-23, 20:43.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Glad you avoided the embarrassing moment i had.on bus

DADDY THAT MAN HAS A BIG FAT BELLY.
    One of them did something similar in Aldi a few years ago.

'DADA LOOK A PIRATE'

Oul fella with the eye patch wasn't impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied

Cheers man, had a great day.

Spent €75 in there on all sorts of stuff for the three of us and all they ate were the sides of noodles and rice.

Brought 3x doggy boxes home for tonight's dinner.

The bus was really good fun. The five year old smiled the whole way in commenting on everything. Mad excitement.
    Glad you avoided the embarrassing moment i had.on bus

DADDY THAT MAN HAS A BIG FAT BELLY.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

The Millhouse in Stilorgan
    Good food, reasonable prices
    Be careful of the Lasagne there . They use the horsemeat from BalfeJohns tips (bumper crop)

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Little dumpling on drury St is pretty good and kid friendly
    Cheers man, had a great day.

Spent €75 in there on all sorts of stuff for the three of us and all they ate were the sides of noodles and rice.

Brought 3x doggy boxes home for tonight's dinner.

The bus was really good fun. The five year old smiled the whole way in commenting on everything. Mad excitement.

Leave a comment:

• balfejohn
    replied
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Suggestions for Sunday brunch somewhere Goatstown Dundrum area, might venture as far as Dun Laoghaire?
    The Millhouse in Stilorgan
    Good food, reasonable prices

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Suggestions for Sunday brunch somewhere Goatstown Dundrum area, might venture as far as Dun Laoghaire?
    Been to The Goat in Goatstown a few times and always enjoyed it. A step above your standard pub grub fare but may not be what you're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Istanbul
    replied
    Looks like KilmaSkid Marks are going to get away with it
    Does the constant snideness and bitterness and begrudgery ever tire you out?

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied
    Magic handling and footwoork from both Hansen and Sheehan. Keep it alive and then clinical when given a sniff.

Credit to Wales, really upped their game for the 2nd half. Even with yellow (soft decision tbh, I don't think Williams had much chance to drop a level).

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied

Are you coming over?
    Unfortunately not. Thought I'd be in surgery or just out of it, but not the case, so i could have made it over albeit on crutches. Absolutely gutted as had tix sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    It's all about next week innit!
    Are you coming over?

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Despite the huge away win, there's a lot to work on.

Which is good obv.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Originally posted by coillcam View Post
    Are there many penalties given like that against Porter?

Only recall seeing it once before. More of a reaction to the scuffle after. Good to see a bit of passion and fight from both sides.
    If it's a back sliding in like that, it would probably be ok. The fact it's a clunky shapeless prop, it looks a lot worse.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Only recall seeing it once before. More of a reaction to the scuffle after. Good to see a bit of passion and fight from both sides.
    It was more about the pile-in imo. Handbags.

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied
    I don't even think we're playing that well. Wales are just awful.
    I wouldn't say they are truly awful tbh, they weren't far off two tries but they still have some players capable of making an impact amongst those past it. Dunno how yer man let Keenan dive on that one but I guess that's hunger and belief. Ireland are operating at a higher level for some time now and maintaining those levels. Wales will have some dominant moments before this is done. Hopefully we can nab a couple of quick scores after halftime.

Surprised with Bundee is 23, not playing for Connacht and he only covers centre with McCloskey also the same. Relies on Ringrose playing 80. However Bundee is a direct answer to Warrenball.

I'd like to see the Casey/Byrne axis get at least 20 mins. Very important to have all half-backs getting game time as we rely on Gibson-Park/Sexton heavily. Murray is doing well but you notice the difference in zip and sniping that Gibson-Park has.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    It's all about next week innit!

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Second half is going to be a slaughter. Wales out on their feet and a bench full of no-names.

Should get as many of our starters subbed off inside 55 mins as possible.

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied
    Keenan's dive to save the try and then Porter with an equally impressive effort.

Ireland clinical inside the 22. More consistent execution and just relentless work rate.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    I don't even think we're playing that well. Wales are just awful.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    When Johnny left the barroom not a Gatland boy was standing.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Impressive.
    Crazy they couldn't get a kick off time that didn't clash with Leopardstown.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Lowe gets rewarded for some bad defending.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    This could get ridiculous.

Gatland questioning his life choices.
    you'd think the $$$$$$ will make it bearable. almost identical team that lost to australia. i know they all love and praise Gatland but that's always going to be a big ask

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    This could get ridiculous.

Gatland questioning his life choices.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Sheehan FTS for me. God that's an old 9-10 combination(70 + years old!!! )
    We lost those FTS bets pretty quick.

Happy enough!

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Porter FTS and Ireland to win both halves by 4+ points.

Wales are pretty shit. Expect a handy enough outing a cosy win imo.
    Sheehan FTS for me. God that's an old 9-10 combination(70 + years old!!! )

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I got it to code something for me recently. I questioned something that I thought was a mistake. And it replied "good catch!" and fixed it . I asked it a couple of times could it improve on it's answer, and it iterated through it. I still had to finish it myself in the end.

It's like it's a lazy child and it's worth asking it, "is that the best you can do"
    Asked it to do C++ and C# coding exercises I've been using in interviews with people supposedly with >4 + years working experience and it answers better than anyone I've talked to recently.
    Looks like it works great as long as you know what you want it to do well enough to give it the and understand but you have to be able to understand it's output. It seems to fall apart quickly when you add a bit of complexity.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Keelan Higgs was head chef and Vanda Ivancic was head sommelier at a previous iteration of it a few years back. It was called Luna then too and was superb. Then they left and started Variety Jones which immediately got its star.

Think Luna mark 1 closed for a good while after they left and seems to have re-opened as Luna mark II again in 2021. Must put it on the to-do list with Mr. Fox and Aimsir.
    You're right. I'm thinking of Luna v1.0 so. It was really good.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Porter FTS and Ireland to win both halves by 4+ points.

Wales are pretty shit. Expect a handy enough outing a cosy win imo.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied

Without looking, I'm guessing it uses Google maps route planner over the Dublin bus api.
    I had an idea of building something similar as I noticed it was more accurate predicting when a bus would arrive over the real time app.
    isn't citimapper in dublin already?

Leave a comment:

• Emmet
    replied
    My man in Dublin with some Gaeilge!

Leave a comment:

• BennyHiFi
    replied

What used to be in that joint? Clearly going senile but it was good.
    Keelan Higgs was head chef and Vanda Ivancic was head sommelier at a previous iteration of it a few years back. It was called Luna then too and was superb. Then they left and started Variety Jones which immediately got its star.

Think Luna mark 1 closed for a good while after they left and seems to have re-opened as Luna mark II again in 2021. Must put it on the to-do list with Mr. Fox and Aimsir.
    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 04-02-23, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• Silver-Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Degag View Post

Yep, he's a scumbag and i hope he never plays for united again. All i'm saying is that legally they may not have been watertight to sack him before due process. But i'm no legal eagle.
    Yeah I get you. But if there was a video he'd have been sacked that morning. They wouldn't have gave a shite about legal. I'd imagine they could have terminated his contract on the back of the recording and not much would have came from it.

I'm a pretty big Browns fan in the NFL. I've been numbed to this shit. Our starting QB had over 20 women file lawsuits against him for numerous offenses that started as an innocent massage.... No evidence to put him away but without doubt a scumbag/predator take your pick of words. He paid over 20 of the off so no civil lawsuits either.

The result of all this when it became clear he wasn't going behind bars?

He's got the contract with the most guaranteed money in NFL history at $230m

Sports.

Leave a comment:

• Degag
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

There's a widely shared recording that I'm sure you've heard of his gf saying she doesn't want sex and he's not having it and she's getting it anyway. All whilst verbally abusing her too.

The high ground would have been sacking him when it came out. A video of said incident and he'd be gone but without that this is being deemed enough to keep him.

Not sure what waiting 2 years to sack him achieves. He'll be back. The washing of his image starts with this 'internal process'. I'm a United fan. This isn't United bashing. I believe every top club in Europe would be acting the same way.
    Yep, he's a scumbag and i hope he never plays for united again. All i'm saying is that legally they may not have been watertight to sack him before due process. But i'm no legal eagle.

Leave a comment:

• Silver-Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Degag View Post

I largely agree with you but i think Utd may take the higher ground by sacking him for bringing the club into disrepute or some other legal process, or simply pay him out. I don't think they could have sacked him when he was charged because they'd essentially be sacking someone not yet deemed guilty.
    There's a widely shared recording that I'm sure you've heard of his gf saying she doesn't want sex and he's not having it and she's getting it anyway. All whilst verbally abusing her too.

The high ground would have been sacking him when it came out. A video of said incident and he'd be gone but without that this is being deemed enough to keep him.

Not sure what waiting 2 years to sack him achieves. He'll be back. The washing of his image starts with this 'internal process'. I'm a United fan. This isn't United bashing. I believe every top club in Europe would be acting the same way.

Leave a comment:

• balfejohn
    replied

That actually looks the job. Would be a lot handier, I'm trying to figure out how to get to Capel St from where the bus leaves us, but that would be 2 mins walk away.
    Get a taxi to Capel St
    u get to see all the north side attractions

Leave a comment:

• Degag
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    Surprised people think Greenwood won't play for United again. If they were going to bin him they would have terminated his contract when he was charged. He's definitely coming back.

Internal process until the summer, then rehab followed by apologies capped off with donations to a domestic abuse charity. If he performs well it'll be forgotten about even quicker. Apart from a few catchy tunes from away fans.

If you subscribe to top level sports you are accepting extremely talented, enabled, well paid, narcissistic athletes committing loathsome acts whether you like it or not. For reference, see... every sport ever.

If you have the talent, you're in your good years and a team has a need. You will have a chance to play unless the prison cell door is locked behind you.
    I largely agree with you but i think Utd may take the higher ground by sacking him for bringing the club into disrepute or some other legal process, or simply pay him out. I don't think they could have sacked him when he was charged because they'd essentially be sacking someone not yet deemed guilty. I know that he still hasn't been but now that the process is seemingly over i think any steps they take are in full view of the facts of the case.

What is clear is that even if they do that, some club will take him on. It may not be a domestic club to begin with but if he does well for that club then in a year or two's time top clubs will be lining up for him cause football is a fucking toxic sport/industry.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied

That actually looks the job. Would be a lot handier, I'm trying to figure out how to get to Capel St from where the bus leaves us, but that would be 2 mins walk away.

Leave a comment:

• dinekes
    replied
    No 2 Daughter flying in for a very short and busy weekend, due to land at 7 they diverted to poxy Shannon because some gobshite was flying a drone over DUB
    FFS!
    Nuisance those drones....
    Is it me or is general compliance and common sense just gone out the window in the past few years.
    Electric bikes and scooters careering down footpaths with driver basically assuming right of way (there have been times I have felt like clotheslining these twats)
    Tailgating is another ..seems to be the norm now rather than an exception.
    Breaking red lights at big intersections ....at the Ballymount M50 exchange for example .... We have green light and not one not 2 not 3 not 4 but 5 break their red light (last one being a big truck)...at least 5 slow Mississippi's ...and that's every single time there....they just couldn't give a fuck Far too many takers out there.
    Pedestrians stepping into the street head down not looking or glued to the phone.
    Or worse the ones who see the car and just saunter across anyway diagonally (so it takes longer)
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied

Without looking, I'm guessing it uses Google maps route planner over the Dublin bus api.
    I had an idea of building something similar as I noticed it was more accurate predicting when a bus would arrive over the real time app.
    I only started using it as the Dublin Bus app doesn't show routes that were taken over by TFI. Switched to the paid version, (a once off payment) maybe to avoid adverts, though haven't checked back to see if the official apps have improved.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied

I think it was a steak joint previously but that was a good few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Have nothing on the food side, but highly recommend the 'Next Bus Dublin' app over the versions from Dublin Bus or TFI https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nextbus.dublin

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Capel St Chinese aficionados, I'm taking a trip into town tomorrow on the bus with two of the little women.

Any tips on an authentic experience where an 8 year old and a 5 year old might get some not too crazy looking noodles and be welcomed?

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied

That was fucking incredible.
    Tasting menu. Get on it.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    https://www.luna-restaurant.com/ booked for first date with my wife in nearly a year.
    Hopefully not shit.
    That was fucking incredible.
    Tasting menu. Get on it.

Leave a comment:

• zuutroy
    replied
    Just take them to McDonalds and stop making the rest of us feel inadequate

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    The Vietnamese place beside is good too.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Pretty much anywhere is good. If you really want to stick with Chinese you might be better going to Parnell Street. Like Sichuan Chili King or the places beside it.

I went for lunch in Hilan on Capel street. When I arrived the instantly woman smiled and said said your friend is here and pointed me to my table. We were the only non-Chinese people there
    Fair play Denny, Hilan sounds the spot.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Have nothing on the food side, but highly recommend the 'Next Bus Dublin' app over the versions from Dublin Bus or TFI https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nextbus.dublin
    That's fantastic. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• balfejohn
    replied
    Quais de Paris 1.20 leopardstown

please don’t tell Dice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X