This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Would people be bothered going to pubs before they are able to open properly? Limited capacity and table service takes the whole point out of it really, might as well drink at home. Might be novelty for a couple of pints but that'll wear off. No mingling, little atmosphere, good chance only part of your group will get in, no chance of moving pubs.

​​​
    No

Comment

My prediction for Trump's last day in office

Comment

Armed Black Panthers join Protest in Georgia leading the line

zr7cp4ggz5351.jpg

Comment

Would people be bothered going to pubs before they are able to open properly? Limited capacity and table service takes the whole point out of it really, might as well drink at home. Might be novelty for a couple of pints but that'll wear off. No mingling, little atmosphere, good chance only part of your group will get in, no chance of moving pubs.

​​​
          Nah, had 6 friends over last weekend. Table and chairs out the back. Drink and chat away. First lad arrived at 8pm, last one left at 1am. Was a grand evening and badly needed. Already talking about someone else hosting in a couple of weeks. Can see it being like that, meeting up with a bag of.cans in a house and just having your own craic.

Comment

The Trump's first date

Comment

An investigation revealed that the police fired some 80 shots into the apartment of a group of sleeping Black Panther members.

interesting read

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post

An investigation revealed that the police fired some 80 shots into the apartment of a group of sleeping Black Panther members.

interesting read
                I will give it a read. Honestly, I don't even begin to claim to understand the nuances of what is going on at the moment in America so it was really just a picture without comment. I just think it is a class photo that is visually very powerful.

Comment

Had almost forgotten that outing someone was still a thing

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Looking like this could be the third year in a row that SP has had to turn the heating on in June for the first time ever

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                      Looking like this could be the third year in a row that SP has had to turn the heating on in June for the first time ever
                      My youngest enjoyed swimming in the sea so much last weekend that she's insistent we go again today.

ay ay ay
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

My youngest enjoyed swimming in the sea so much last weekend that she's insistent we go again today.

ay ay ay
                        Forecast is for a high of 11C. Winter coat, gloves and scarf time imo.

Comment

Hah! Resisted hard last night and almost regretted not having it this morning, will be grand again by this evening.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That Google timeline thing is crap. Telling me I walked 18km in May. I take my dogs for a 5km walk at least six days every week.
                            Telling me I drove 232km when I had two medical appointments which totalled 260km.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

As a pale skinned Irish man I'm quite enjoying this cooler weather. Was jogging very late last night. Fresh and cool. Loved the moon . Nice colours in this mundane pic
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

ay ay ay
                                The water temperature will be the same. It varies between about 8C and 15C, peaking in August and minimum in March. The air temperature on the day has basically no effect on it. Having only one engine, it's something that sits uncomfortably in the back of my mind when crossing the sea!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

The water temperature will be the same. It varies between about 8C and 15C, peaking in August and minimum in March. The air temperature on the day has basically no effect on it. Having only one engine, it's something that sits uncomfortably in the back of my mind when crossing the sea!
                                  I will let you know later.

If I don't post here again, drop some flowers into the sea off Bull Island next time you're overhead.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Why does the media keep giving Trump ammunition?

He brought up George Floyd yesterday in relation to equal treatment with law enforcement but it's been reported everywhere that he brought his name up in relation to a better than expected jobs report. The Irish times has that story as well as multiple other papers and other media outlets. So this will be presented as fake news by Trump now. It is fake news, fucking idiots.

'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

He brought up George Floyd yesterday in relation to equal treatment with law enforcement but it's been reported everywhere that he brought his name up in relation to a better than expected jobs report. The Irish times has that story as well as multiple other papers and other media outlets. So this will be presented as fake news by Trump now. It is fake news, fucking idiots.
                                              This wasn't about the jobs report?

Comment

This wasn't about the jobs report?

Comment

Irish Times are unhinged when it comes to Trump. He's deleted it since but one of their news editors tweeted:

Trump is declaring martial law. Next, he will bring in emergency legislation to halt the election that he is so terrified of losing because then he loses immunity. It is so transparent. And nobody is stopping him. https://t.co/b4wT0TLOdv

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                    I have been listening to some of Lex Fridman podcasts after discovering him from his interview with the guy from the Alpha go, team. In his latest podcast, he interviews his Dad who is a physicist and I think it is a great listen. Fridman I would guess can be a little monotone and unexcitable for some people's tastes.

I've never got engaged enough to get past 20 minutes on any of these terminally dull American podcasters like Rogan or the other similar blowhards, was surprised I even pressed play on on it when I saw it was running for over 200 minutes, certainly I didn't expect to get to the end wishing there was another three hours of it! There were so many moments that they are cutting long stories short that they could have dug into. Its not just that Alexander is a very interesting and engaging guy but the family dynamic is just wonderful.
                                                    Thanks for the great recommendation, will listen to more of the podcast series but I doubt many of them will live up to that.
                                                    11/10

Comment

I've listened to a grand total of one Joe Rogan podcasts, which I really struggled to finished as I found his style so incredibly offputting. Constantly interrupting and interjecting. Marc Maron's WTF is a bit like that too actually, but Marc far less annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        I've listened to a grand total of one Joe Rogan podcasts, which I really struggled to finished as I found his style so incredibly offputting. Constantly interrupting and interjecting. Marc Maron's WTF is a bit like that too actually, but Marc far less annoying.
                                                        I haven't listened because he is so bad at UFC commentary that I couldn't imagine him being any good at anything. I haven't heard many saying real good things about these podcasts.

Comment

That quote is correct. What do you think he is referring to with 'This is a great thing that's happening for our country'? Maybe listen to the full 55 minute ramble to put it in context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDdWy2DTJjA

Comment

I haven't listened because he is so bad at UFC commentary that I couldn't imagine him being any good at anything. I haven't heard many saying real good things about these podcasts.
                                                            lol. Hes an excellent ufc commentator in every aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Meh, all the battle lines are drawn now and its just about getting your side out to vote. The only reason it could work is because it sounds like something he might have said.

Irish Times are unhinged when it comes to Trump. He's deleted it since but one of their news editors tweeted:

That quote is correct. What do you think he is referring to with 'This is a great thing that's happening for our country'? Maybe listen to the full 55 minute ramble to put it in context.

It was something he said, as Collie said the announcement was about Jobs. He didn't announce anything about policing or racial justice. The media didn't make it up - why would they? You'd only have a day or two until he said something evil or stupid again, and the entire thing was filmed. As everyone knows by now, Trump and his supports lie constantly and then accuse others of mistruths. That's his MO since he ran for office. He started his presidency by lying about the numbers at the inauguration, despite there being proof to the contrary.

In any case, by even discussing details as trivial as this you're playing into Denny's hands. Trump has spent the week encouraging and organising violence against peaceful protestors - if you're supporting him now you're supporting that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

It was something he said, as Collie said the announcement was about Jobs. He didn't announce anything about policing or racial justice. The media didn't make it up - why would they? You'd only have a day or two until he said something evil or stupid again, and the entire thing was filmed. As everyone knows by now, Trump and his supports lie constantly and then accuse others of mistruths. That's his MO since he ran for office. He started his presidency by lying about the numbers at the inauguration, despite there being proof to the contrary.

In any case, by even discussing details as trivial as this you're playing into Denny's hands. Trump has spent the week encouraging and organising violence against peaceful protestors - if you're supporting him now you're supporting that.
                                                                The dow rebounds a little , denny gets a Trump hard on. Tis predictable.

Comment

Created a Degiro account.
                                                                  What should I go get buying?

Any threads to suggest or sites?
                                                                  Pension sorted already, this is purely a get Mick rich endeavour
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I think he's referring to the national calls/ movement / focus on equality under law. I think there's few people that aren't on the same side about it. Even well known fascist racist Trump agrees.

I think it's all in the context of that paragraph. It's just what Hitch said, it doesn't really matter what Trump actually says or means.

Comment

How is the BBV split on Trump if someone was to try put it in a percentage?
                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Seeing sports entertainment from a whole different angle this lockdown. Haven't gotten into new stuff like e-sports or Twitch, but have started watching some old basketball stuff (after watching Last Dance obv). It's obviously different to live sport, but you can get full enjoyment from the actual game element of the sport, and even though you're not getting the live suspense and cultural experience (the feeling when Ireland are in a World Cup etc), it's still cool looking at the culture element in a historical way.
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                          I don't think anybody likes him or wants him to win the election. I do think some still believe he has a good chance though. I'd be one of them, the media making up stuff is just giving him ammunition. I just don't understand it, he is burying himself and you make up things. Why? There's plenty of true stuff to bury him with. Also Joe Biden was awful in most of the democratic debates, he looked like somebody you'd meet in an old folks home struggling with dementia at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                            (Denny / Number of people posting in the thread) * 100 = Answer.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

lol. Hes an excellent ufc commentator in every aspect.
                                                                              I think he's awful. I love listening to Bisping who imo is out on his own. Cormier is decent too.

Comment

I don't think anybody likes him or wants him to win the election.
                                                                                Ok cool, thanks, wasn't sure there based on the page or two that I read back over. I don't like him either but won't be at all surprised when he's re-elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

(Denny / Number of people posting in the thread) * 100 = Answer.
                                                                                  I'm not great at maths, so Denny gets him is what we're saying?

Comment

liking Trump and thinking he is going to win are totally different things.

I'm tempted to bet on him at anything around 6/5. Hard to see how he won't be 50% to win. As insane as things are, and despite Trump being capable of saying or doing anything, it still doesn't seem to matter that much. People are gonna people, and media are gonna media, and he is the incumbent, so think he'll always have a 50/50ish chance.

I don't like Trump. I don't think he's smart. I'm shocked at how poor he is at so many things. I'm not an expert, but I think I've enough data to work with to be reasonably confident in those opinions.

I also think the left (or far left might be the more correct term) have lost the run of themselves and are terrible with the processes they employ to try to achieve their goals.
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

When we lost Jack90210 Trump's IPB base was severed in two.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Was in the queue for woodies, Carrickmines this afternoon and bumped into (metaphorically speaking) Craig Doyle. Famed for presenting rugby on some English channel and the fabulous 'Craig Doyle Show' on RTE something where I worked with him. Got chatting and he said he and his wife got the Covid. They were tested and their tests were sent to Germany. came back negative. But they got the covid. Definitely.

Fucking pleb

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

I'm tempted to bet on him at anything around 6/5. Hard to see how he won't be 50% to win. As insane as things are, and despite Trump being capable of saying or doing anything, it still doesn't seem to matter that much. People are gonna people, and media are gonna media, and he is the incumbent, so think he'll always have a 50/50ish chance.

I don't like Trump. I don't think he's smart. I'm shocked at how poor he is at so many things. I'm not an expert, but I think I've enough data to work with to be reasonably confident in those opinions.

I also think the left (or far left might be the more correct term) have lost the run of themselves and are terrible with the processes they employ to try to achieve their goals.
                                                                                          Good post.

The dems, while being solely focused on proving trump to the be the conman he is have completely forgot to get a viable candidate into this election.

They were left to choose from a reasonably bad bunch and I think actually chose the worst.

Hindsight is 20/20 but it’s hard not to think that if they’d just concentrated on building new candidates from the day the oraiste got in we’d be in a much better place.

It is hard to see how any reasonable person can follow trump. And that’s what leadership is, influencing followers. It’s a stain on America that he has the support he does.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                            No I get that, I think he's a pig but I still think they'll put him back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              It is hard to see how any reasonable person can follow trump. And that’s what leadership is, influencing followers. It’s a stain on America that he has the support he does.
                                                                                              Where do you think the blame for that stain lies?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                Was in the queue for woodies, Carrickmines this afternoon and bumped into (metaphorically speaking) Craig Doyle. Famed for presenting rugby on some English channel and the fabulous 'Craig Doyle Show' on RTE something where I worked with him. Got chatting and he said he and his wife got the Covid. They were tested and their tests were sent to Germany. came back negative. But they got the covid. Definitely.

Fucking pleb
                                                                                                Seems to have been a disproportionate percentage of public figures got infected early on, I suppose its inevitable in the age of people getting in their faces all the time to get the selfie.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

The dow rebounds a little , denny gets a Trump hard on. Tis predictable.
                                                                                                  5edb52b92618b94633623594?width=1920&format=jpeg&auto=webp.jpg

Comment

@CC you use Silvios in Nutgrove at all much? Passing earlier and dived in for fish & chips and not overly impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      @CC you use Silvios in Nutgrove at all much? Passing earlier and dived in for fish & chips and not overly impressed.
                                                                                                      Nah, gave up fast food after the heart problems. It had gotten very poor long before that though. The chinese Excelsior a few doors up is still pretty good by all accounts

Comment

...

Comment

I see the Green Party are about to rip themselves apart. Gobshites of the highest order. Not saying they *must* go into government, but given how pressing green problems are in the world, half a decade is a long time to sit out. and its largely over an issue of Israeli goods produced in Palestine. That's grand if Israel is your thing, and I avoid that type of stuff personally (e.g. SodaStream and some fruits), but why the fuck is it a green issue?
                                                                                                          It's a wanky virtue signalling thing that hurts Palestinians more than Israelis.

If people really wanted to boycott Israeli goods, they would take a hammer to their mobile phones.

Comment

Sea was, mysteriously, the same temperature as last weekend. Maybe zuutroy is onto something with this science lark.

My God though, the windchill factor on getting out.

Comment

It's a wanky virtue signalling thing that hurts Palestinians more than Israelis.

If people really wanted to boycott Israeli goods, they would take a hammer to their mobile phones.
                                                                                                              The section of society that cares about the environment contains a lot of people that also really cares about the plight of the Palestinians. You might disagree with them, but calling it wanky virtue signalling is just showing your own ignorance.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

The section of society that cares about the environment contains a lot of people that also really cares about the plight of the Palestinians. You might disagree with them, but calling it wanky virtue signalling is just showing your own ignorance.
                                                                                                                    In the context of needing a new Irish government right now, it's completely fucking irrelevant and makes the Greens look like over-earnest teenagers. Nobody gives a fuck on the fuck-giving scale of 'important things for an Irish government to give a fuck about in June 2020'.

Which I think was Hitch's point too! As I said, wanky virtue signalling. Stop being wankers, form a government and get to work.

Comment

lols. Nice try Raoul Netanyanhu. Destroying your phone would only put you in the market for a new phone. The best strategy is to keep using your phone for longer so you don't generate new revenue.
                                                                                                                      Cunning!

How is your interviewing coming along?

Comment

I'd love to vote for a pure green party that just dealt intelligently with green issues.
                                                                                                                        I think the most successful European Green parties had to go on a journey from being wildly impractical virtue-signalling wankers ('Fundies') to pragmatic politicians who could actually pull on the levers of power to get real change done ('realos'). e.g. the Germans.

It's a bit surprising that the Irish Greens, who were in government not that long ago remember, seem to be contemplating giving up the chance to achieve real change. Surprising and saddening.

Comment

HJ is fighting with everybody
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X