This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Why was the guy in the Kevin Lunney thing not being named? I am sure there is a reason but I just can't figure that out.
    Could prejudice another case he was involved in. I believe

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
      5 goes ...second line had the first 3 letters in correct place
      In 6 myself.

Remove the second letter and that's what it was today.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

In 6 myself.

Remove the second letter and that's what it was today.
        He he

Comment

Why was the guy in the Kevin Lunney thing not being named? I am sure there is a reason but I just can't figure that out.
          A man's second murder trial has collapsed at the Central Criminal Court, with the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) dropping the charge after the trial judge ruled that gardai would not be allowed to identify the accused on CCTV.

This case could come back before the courts (but not anytime soon)

Comment

charming character
            Beaten a murder rap twice already.

I'm sure Rounders has the backstory for us.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cathy woods ARKK fund down 50% now. Its funny to look through the individual holdings. Why on earth would you own zoom now?

Comment

also

Snap.
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Boris is explaining way too much. Starting to look like a death spiral.

Comment

Shocking how much Chelsea form has fallen off the cliff over the last 6 weeks... Would have been my pre season tip for the title.
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                      Shocking how much Chelsea form has fallen off the cliff over the last 6 weeks... Would have been my pre season tip for the title.
                      I caught the last few minutes of the game, Brighton were great - very impressive

Comment

Comment

I didn't realise Rev. D. Wayne Love from Alabama 3 had died until tonight. He was great. A hype man in a country techo band.

Jesus I some some wild nights with them in Dublin in the past.

Comment

The girl could play all right. Thinks its only right we give her music a listen for the day thats in it

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Boris is explaining way too much. Starting to look like a death spiral.
                              He was doing grand when they had him locked away in a fridge for the last week
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lads, the aul GAA club at home won the Munster club title at the weekend. Now they have an all Ireland semi final to play in Tullamore against the Cavan champions and fingers crossed a trip to Croke Park for an all Ireland final after that.

As you can imagine for a tiny rural club, funds are low this year.

Any and all donations would be gratefully received by the club if anyone would like to donate anything no matter how small. It all helps.

On Saturday 15th of January 2022 Gneeveguilla GAA Club won the Munster… Gneeveguilla GAA needs your support for Gneeveguilla GAA Club Training & Expenses Fund

Comment

Actually speaking of music I was listening to some Max Richer today and came across his Recomposed of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. I couldn't begin to count how many times I have listened to what he did with Spring 1:

Comment

Speaking of criminal matters, I see they have now arrested that Ashling Murphy suspect who was in Tallaght hospital.
                                    The WhatsApp rumour mil on the ball for once.

Curious as to why they so went to the hospitals route with such conviction. It's possible that they always do, but I doubt it. And given the sheer number of people presenting with injuries constantly. I'm sure they had a reasonable narrow criteria of injuries. Evidence at the scene perhaps. Gives a reasonable strong change that they something to nail the cunt with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

The WhatsApp rumour mil on the ball for once.

Curious as to why they so went to the hospitals route with such conviction. It's possible that they always do, but I doubt it. And given the sheer number of people presenting with injuries constantly. I'm sure they had a reasonable narrow criteria of injuries. Evidence at the scene perhaps. Gives a reasonable strong change that they something to nail the cunt with.
                                      No idea. Seems like he'll be charged today anyway.

Being reported he is East European in origin which will probably lead to certain excited commentary in some quarters.

Comment

So our “not a nanny state” is going to ban walking dogs on blue flag beaches now- ffs

saw a fiver pack of Dutch gold in SuperValu the other day an though fair play , La Résistance begins , but upon closer inspection it was 4 packs of 440ml , heartbreaking stuff
                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Updated covid cert arrived today. Hopefully it will only be needed for international travel soon.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                            So our “not a nanny state” is going to ban walking dogs on blue flag beaches now- ffs

saw a fiver pack of Dutch gold in SuperValu the other day an though fair play , La Résistance begins , but upon closer inspection it was 4 packs of 440ml , heartbreaking stuff
                                            Also reduced in alcohol content to maintain that price point.

Comment

IhufXB9_d.png
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                Updated covid cert arrived today. Hopefully it will only be needed for international travel soon.
                                                Don't we want to the remaining holdouts to be bullied\coerced into getting vaxxed?

In the eventuality of another variant.

Comment

Don't we want to the remaining holdouts to be bullied\coerced into getting vaxxed?

In the eventuality of another variant.
                                                  I'd rather see everyone get omicron, and let the ones who have chosen to not get a vaccine see how good their natural immunity is.

Comment

I'd rather see everyone get omicron, and let the ones who have chosen to not get a vaccine see how good their natural immunity is.
                                                    It's more about the cost that the unvaxxed imposes on the rest of society.

Think of it as the equivalent of a speeding fine, or a littering violation.

Comment

There's a weird phrase in some of the media reporting about this murder suspect i.e.:

The suspect, who is a father to a number of young children, had been living in Co Offaly for a number of years but has also lived abroad.
                                                      I've seen at least three different media outlets use the same phrase. Just me or is that strange?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        Wordle 214 5/6

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Wordle 214 5/6
                                                          €9,

DP, FYI the post appears correctly under “post preview” but not when it’s actually sent.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Wasn't this always a possibility though, it seems to be the way they do tennis? Though obviously it's hard to maintain knowledge of all their various rules.
                                                            But I'm guessing the lay side of the book was above 100% so could have been a warning flag that there's a potential banana skin.
                                                            Yes but when they offer cash out, it shouldn’t mean (except when sometimes you’ll have a 20x exposure)

Comment

There's a weird phrase in some of the media reporting about this murder suspect i.e.:

I've seen at least three different media outlets use the same phrase. Just me or is that strange?
                                                              Would mean he has a load of kids with different wans when they put it like that.

Comment

Wordle 214 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜

same as gl2m. doesn't post correctly

Comment

WpX8KGq.png

Comment

Yes but when they offer cash out, it shouldn’t mean (except when sometimes you’ll have a 20x exposure)
                                                                    I thought this was an exchange bet where you've done a back and a lay for profit, as opposed to cashing out of a fixed odds bet?

If it's the former - I see it as akin to say backing Ronaldo for FGS, subsequently laying him and making a profit pre-match.
                                                                    But then he doesn't play in which case both bets are void and you lose that previous profit.

You can't have a situation where just because you closed your position that it means the process is finished. Because the person who backed the non-runner with you (and didn't close their position) is entitled to their money back and where else can it come from except you?

Betfair still confuses me though - usually Mellor comes along to explain how I'm wrong (and very occasionally how I'm right)

Comment

perhaps code for parent of a child in her school - perhaps not as random as initially suspected?
                                                                      Could be, hadn't thought of that angle. I was more leaning towards the dobby explanation.

I'm sure we'll get more detail as and when he is charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

IDK about hospital but the word was that all of the patients in ICU had delta rather than the big O a few days ago. Hopecast of the day here but I wouldn't be surprised to see a precipitous drop in the next two weeks as the last of the delta gets squeezed out and hundreds of thousands start to recover (with added immunity) from cold-like omicron.
                                                                        itshappening.gif

Comment

I'm beginning to think that Wordle could be blinked on the first try after having seen a few posts (correctly rendered) in here. It's next level Wordle.

Comment

Ok my 1st instance of ‘trying to do the bit extra for the wimmins’ .

Snip. I deleted the post as on reading it back it sounds like a brag . In short i was a good boy today . Trust me
                                                                            Last edited by Solksjaer!; 19-01-22, 12:08.

Comment

I thought this was an exchange bet where you've done a back and a lay for profit, as opposed to cashing out of a fixed odds bet?

If it's the former - I see it as akin to say backing Ronaldo for FGS, subsequently laying him and making a profit pre-match.
                                                                              But then he doesn't play in which case both bets are void and you lose that previous profit.

You can't have a situation where just because you closed your position that it means the process is finished. Because the person who backed the non-runner with you (and didn't close their position) is entitled to their money back and where else can it come from except you?

Betfair still confuses me though - usually Mellor comes along to explain how I'm wrong (and very occasionally how I'm right)
                                                                              Pretty sure that’s exactly it. Non starter so all bets are void.
                                                                              When his case was under review the odds slid out, so people got a risk free bonus. Presume that was the basis of Joe’s arb.

Also assuming it was back/lay on the exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

itshappening.gif
                                                                                I do wonder, if we are indeed at the beginning of the end (and not the end of beginning), as we return to normality are we going to see some seriously mad hedonistic shit going down for a few months?

Comment

Speaking of unhealthy rolls, saw a lad in the Spar ask for stuffing on his roll. Big pile of it.

So he's basically eating a bread bread roll. Got chicken too but still.

Comment

I do wonder, if we are indeed at the beginning of the end (and not the end of beginning), as we return to normality are we going to see some seriously mad hedonistic shit going down for a few months?
                                                                                    People are already wanking on zoom call so you are probably right. Next pandemic Syphilis. At least with this one the care homes are safe . ( now Jimmy Saville is dead )

Comment

Jimmy Saville isn't getting a horn in a care home in fairness.

Comment

I see the unparalleled genius* Jordan Peterson is now claiming that the identification of variants in the Covid-19 strain is being done at the behest of, or for the benefit of, pharmaceutical companies. With such an unimpeachable mind as Mr. P having considered the issue I think we can all agree a global conspiracy of virologists designating new variants of the virus solely for the benefit of various pharmaceutical companies is clearly the most rational answer to this troubling question.

That I ever doubted JBP, the source of moral teaching for an immoral world, is a matter of great shame for me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to return to my exclusively meat based diet.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          Jimmy Saville isn't getting a horn in a care home in fairness.
                                                                                          He was . And hospitals. His depravity knew no bounds .

Comment

Bah, wasted 2nd guess with stupidity, put the yellow letter in the same spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

He was . And hospitals. His depravity knew no bounds .
                                                                                              including some in this country

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                I see the unparalleled genius* Jordan Peterson is now claiming that the identification of variants in the Covid-19 strain is being done at the behest of, or for the benefit of, pharmaceutical companies. With such an unimpeachable mind as Mr. P having considered the issue I think we can all agree a global conspiracy of virologists designating new variants of the virus solely for the benefit of various pharmaceutical companies is clearly the most rational answer to this troubling question.

That I ever doubted JBP, the source of moral teaching for an immoral world, is a matter of great shame for me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to return to my exclusively meat based diet.
                                                                                                That was well worth waiting for IMO

Saw a very funny comment the other day 'Joe Rogan is Goop for men' and my immediate thought was WTF does that make Peterson

Comment

with that wordle thing, do you just today's puzzle and then await tomorrow's? Or is there an archive where you can go back and solve old ones?

Comment

Surely July or September far better spots for a new bank holiday
                                                                                                    st Brigids day? Fuck. Off.

andd if it has to be feb why not align with the school mid term?
                                                                                                    Last edited by MysteryGuest; 19-01-22, 13:15.
                                                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

with that wordle thing, do you just today's puzzle and then await tomorrow's? Or is there an archive where you can go back and solve old ones?
                                                                                                      Archive is here.
                                                                                                      Wordle Archive | Play Previous Wordle Puzzles Online (metzger.media)

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                        Surely July or September far better spots for a new bank holiday
                                                                                                        st Brigids day? Fuck. Off.

andd if it has to be feb why not align with the school mid term?
                                                                                                        Tbf Jan/Feb is the worst/longest period without a bank holiday, good time for it.

And fuck the parents if they can't take a joke
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Oh I didn't know that existed. Cool.

RD, here's another version somebody made that you can play over and over.

Comment

€9,

DP, FYI the post appears correctly under “post preview” but not when it’s actually sent.
                                                                                                            Yeah I know.
                                                                                                            I've a feeling it's down to the default emoticons that are allowed on the font that is shipped with vbulletin
                                                                                                            or something...
                                                                                                            even using code wrappers doesn't help.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 19-01-22, 13:47.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

damn, I could see this becoming a new although potentially les harmful addiction.

Comment

It'll be like the Olympic village around the place

Comment

When his case was under review the odds slid out, so people got a risk free bonus. Presume that was the basis of Joe’s arb.

It was an exchange bet, I wouldn't have minded if they cancelled all the bets, but what’s they’ve actually done is cancel only half of them, leaving me exposed on the others.

I think if I went in an laid Djokovic and independently decided to lay the others then fair enough but when you click cash out that’s their decision how to execute the cash out and shouldn’t leave you exposed. The way it is at the moment they’ve forced me to lay the entire field without the fav and then removed the fav and obv all prices tighter thereafter.

Comment

I assume you mean arrived by post?

I got my booster Saturday and had the updated qr cert by email on Sunday.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Replacement drain pump for my washing machine arrived today. Posted in England on the 13/12. Paid the vat for a second time via an post on the 3/1. Thank feck it's the correct item and is working away fine.

IMG_20220119_122643_6.jpg
                                                                                                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I assume you mean arrived by post?

I got my booster Saturday and had the updated qr cert by email on Sunday.
                                                                                                                        No. They sent me a text message on Monday to say it was ready, and had to go to the gov.ie website to apply for it. It then arrived in an email today. I got the original one by post, and wasn't asked for an email address then.

Comment

Replacement drain pump for my washing machine arrived today. Posted in England on the 13/12. Paid the vat for a second time via an post on the 3/1. Thank feck it's the correct item and is working away fine.

IMG_20220119_122643_6.jpg

Just on this topic of paying VAT/Duty. Is An Post still acting the gowl with slow deliveries or rejecting stuff outright entirely before returning to sender?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X