X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Prediction.
    "There were lots of meetings held in various parts of the Downing Street complex, including the garden. In fact the world leading vaccination program was largely conceived in such outdoor meetings in the summer of 2020. I was briefly at the meeting in question with the incredibly hardworking staff, but wasn't the organiser. Sue Grey will look at that meeting in the context of her overall investigation. Deep condolences to all who suffered grievances, wibble. Things would have been far worse if the right honourable leader of the oppositions and his party had been in charge".
    Probably. It's worked before after all.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In fairness to the Brits, these moments of high drama in the Commons are great tv. Standing room only there today!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Probably. It's worked before after all.
        On a different note I think the machiavellian brain orchestrating all this (Cummings?, Gove?, some backbencher?, random journo?) is playing a blinder with the timings.
        Making each release slightly more damaging than the last, and pausing long enough to get everyone to put their reaction on the record. Then cranking it up with the next bit of the story just when everyone thinks it's petering out. Hopefully there's more of the Allegra Straton vid to come, I'd be surprised if that was the only difficult question they asked her in the trial press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          If the govt was pretty much able to flick a switch and introduce MUP so quickly, why don't they do something useful with that power and introduce maximum rents. It would seem far more beneficial to the population than MUP.
          Did the MUP not take years to come in?
          airport, lol

Comment

If the govt was pretty much able to flick a switch and introduce MUP so quickly, why don't they do something useful with that power and introduce maximum rents. It would seem far more beneficial to the population than MUP.
            Maximum rents would have the opposite effect you think it would

"Although price controls are widely used by governments, economists usually agree that price controls do not accomplish what they are intended to do and are generally to be avoided"

When you artificially constrain the price of something you both increase the demand and decrease the supply.

Comment

Lazarre how do you feel about Amy Schneider? The first woman to earn 1 million on Jeopardy

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Lazarre how do you feel about Amy Schneider? The first woman to earn 1 million on Jeopardy

She can afford to finish the operation now i guess. Lazarre off the 5 o'clock shadow ?

Comment

On a different note I think the machiavellian brain orchestrating all this (Cummings?, Gove?, some backbencher?, random journo?) is playing a blinder with the timings.
                  Making each release slightly more damaging than the last, and pausing long enough to get everyone to put their reaction on the record. Then cranking it up with the next bit of the story just when everyone thinks it's petering out. Hopefully there's more of the Allegra Straton vid to come, I'd be surprised if that was the only difficult question they asked her in the trial press conference.
                  It's astonishing, he didn't even apologise just came out with a load of guff about how he wished it hadn't happened and it was all 'We' so he isn't taking any responsibility for his own actions.

Strong rumors that there are videos of Carrie and Bozo 'carrying on' at this particular party, expect to see their leaking timed to have maximum effect whichever side of the report he hopes to brushoff best serves the leakers agenda (I wouldn't rule out that it's being controlled by his side).
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

spoiler that shite... I'm a few episodes back where she's on 855K

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

spoiler that shite... I'm a few episodes back where she's on 855K
                      Come on, what are the odds she does it twice??!
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

You do have to admire the effrontery in claiming that your initial impression, upon wandering into a garden full of people drinking and chatting, is that 'this was a work event'.

Comment

Anyone go into pharmacy's much?. Is it common for mothers to organise and discuss their daughters pill prescription with the pharmacy?.
                          I was in the other day for a hot pack for my neck and I got to the door first just ahead of a woman. I stepped inside and held the door open for her and we were the only ones in the shop. She does a double take at the pharmacist and me back and forth a few times as if to say who are you going to deal with first me me me is it?. I made it easy I said you go ahead gwan which was well received.
                          I sidle down to browse and see can I see the hotpacks when she opens loudly talking turkey about this and that about ''THE DAUGHTERS PILL PRESCRIPTION" in full voice unabashed. A lot to discuss it seems. A seemingly ordinary woman too. Maybe thats not taboo at all!?
                          For a brief moment I was going shit if I would have just went first id be in and out and she would have a bit of privacy. Then I said to myself shut up because it was clear she didn't give a shit me hearing.

Comment

It's 2022 rounders, you're going to have get over these last milllenium hangups at some stage and start loudly discussing your sex life in front of strangers

Comment

There's no maybe. It's not taboo at all. It's birth control. Although growing up in a gaff with 3 younger sisters I'd say I was subject to hearing it more than most men. Glad to report my Sisters didn't make me an uncle until I was in my 30s.

Comment

That's about 1/3 he's gone and the prices based on when the report is expected to drop.

I'm the worst punter of political bets ever bbut on the basis of 'If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well It were done quickly' adding in the possibility of videos emerging and the special mix of uselessness and naked ambition represented by Liz Truss and the 9/2 is tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                  Anyone go into pharmacy's much?. Is it common for mothers to organise and discuss their daughters pill prescription with the pharmacy?.
                                  I was in the other day for a hot pack for my neck and I got to the door first just ahead of a woman. I stepped inside and held the door open for her and we were the only ones in the shop. She does a double take at the pharmacist and me back and forth a few times as if to say who are you going to deal with first me me me is it?. I made it easy I said you go ahead gwan which was well received.
                                  I sidle down to browse and see can I see the hotpacks when she opens loudly talking turkey about this and that about ''THE DAUGHTERS PILL PRESCRIPTION" in full voice unabashed. A lot to discuss it seems. A seemingly ordinary woman too. Maybe thats not taboo at all!?
                                  For a brief moment I was going shit if I would have just went first id be in and out and she would have a bit of privacy. Then I said to myself shut up because it was clear she didn't give a shit me hearing.
                                  It also has more than one use than birth control.

Comment

Clearly not a landlord

Comment

Wordle can GTFO with their American makey up words

Comment

That's about 1/3 he's gone and the prices based on when the report is expected to drop.

I'm the worst punter of political bets ever bbut on the basis of 'If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well It were done quickly' adding in the possibility of videos emerging and the special mix of uselessness and naked ambition represented by Liz Truss and the 9/2 is tempting.
                                        It's 100% in the hands of the Tory MPs, so if you think they are now plotting feverishly in terms of sending letters in to the 1922 Committee and there's enough of them to make Boris realise he's in a room with a desk and a loaded pistol, then it could happen as early as...now.

Although a lot of them owe their careers to Boris. There's probably a lot of them who would have stabbed May in the front without a blink but know their fortunes are inextricably linked with those of Boris himself. Tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Did the MUP not take years to come in?
                                          No idea. First I heard of it was last December and a few weeks later, it's in.

Comment

Maximum rents would have the opposite effect you think it would

"Although price controls are widely used by governments, economists usually agree that price controls do not accomplish what they are intended to do and are generally to be avoided"

When you artificially constrain the price of something you both increase the demand and decrease the supply.
                                            So increase demand because people know the max they will pay and decrease supply cos landlords/companies know theres a max they can make?

Comment

No idea. First I heard of it was last December and a few weeks later, it's in.
                                              It's been in the public domain for at least a decade (you don't really think the machinery of the Irish state moves as quickly as your attention span?).

Here's a story where it was being discussed in the Dail 6 years ago.

Comment

MUP got mentioned and debated on this thread multiple times over the years - every time it was discussed in the dail, when the EU case was brought, when Scotland brought it in, when Roisin Shortall became a minister and then resigned. It's kind of weird dobs that last December was the first you'd heard of it.

Comment

Lads asking us to spoiler jeopardy , a new low.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Its strange cos yer man is Welsh, albeit living in Brooklyn.

Also, spoiler that shite.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Because of my criticism of transwomen in women's sport?

Why would I have an opinion on this because of that?

Congrats to her.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

My money would be on Cummings. Gove is a deeply unlikable man, a despicable weasel of the highest order but i don't think he has the capacity to pull something like this off.

Story has more legs on it yet methinks.

Comment

Does everyone use the first three goes on Wordle just using words with common letters? Or do they have a goal to get it as early as possible?

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1710182&d=1642013966&type=thumb
                                                            Youve ruined my day .
                                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              Does everyone use the first three goes on Wordle just using words with common letters? Or do they have a goal to get it as early as possible?
                                                              I find that if I use words like HEART in the first line and if I have only one vowel then PIOUS in the second I have the best chance of getting in in three

Comment

GTFO the pair of you.

Wordle spoiling should be punishable by stoning.

Copped the first bit of your post Willie and looked away but SP gave it away anyway.

Comment

I find that if I use words like HEART in the first line and if I have only one vowel then PIOUS in the second I have the best chance of getting in in three
                                                                  I use Heart as the first a lot too.

I've never used a letter that's not in it in subsequent guesses though.

Comment

On rents there...landlady calling round soon so presume increase is on the cards. What's the max she can raise it by?

Also sofa is knackered..that would on her to replace?

I could google it obviously but just a bit lazy

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      I almost always guess Chief and About (unless of course guessing one precludes the other).

I like to get my vowels out of the way first.

Comment

Laz is a bit touchy today.

u ok hun?

Comment

Since I am power posting, great oul chat with TheAulSwitcheroo and Brady23 this morning. Two sound lads, looking forward to getting some golf gambling in with them when I'm home.

BBV Delivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

u ok hun?
                                                                            Haha, no, I'm in good form tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                              GTFO the pair of you.

Copped the first bit of your post Willie and looked away but SP gave it away anyway.
                                                                              How can we criticise the Saudis when we advocating a stoning for revealing the wordle . Its not like i mentioned the word Jehovah. Shit i said it now . You tricked me you bastard .

Comment

Haha, no, I'm in good form tonight
                                                                                Good to hear!

I am a bit rattled by Wordle.

The missus got it in two, which gives her 12 or so hours of smugness now.
                                                                                No amount of me explaining the cultural disadvantage I had is working.

Comment

An Americanised word was bound to come up at some point I suppose.

Getting it in two is impressive.

Saw a girl on twitter posting getting yesterday's one in one and people all calling her a genius lol.

The geniuses get it in two.

Comment

GTFO the pair of you.

Its "Hold the door" all over again...
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Mini mind blown moment earlier....someone was talking about Epstein and his sex island and what it was for.

It never occurred to me that people voluntarily let themselves be filmed having sex with children as a kind of trust thing...now you have shit on me, let me in...you know i wont blab now.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

MUP got mentioned and debated on this thread multiple times over the years - every time it was discussed in the dail, when the EU case was brought, when Scotland brought it in, when Roisin Shortall became a minister and then resigned. It's kind of weird dobs that last December was the first you'd heard of it.
                                                                                        Fair enough. I don't actually pay much attention to things here, it's mostly scrolling but the Scotland thing does ring a bell now you mention it. Suppose it was just spoken about more in the media since December when it was so close to happening. Just seemed to happen fast which clearly isnt the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

u ok hun?
                                                                                          3 hours till dinner innit

Comment

An Americanised word was bound to come up at some point I suppose.

Getting it in two is impressive.

Saw a girl on twitter posting getting yesterday's one in one and people all calling her a genius lol.

The geniuses get it in two.
                                                                                            Two is still lucky mostly, 3s all the way for the loots

Comment

Fair enough. I don't actually pay much attention to things here, it's mostly scrolling but the Scotland thing does ring a bell now you mention it. Suppose it was just spoken about more in the media since December when it was so close to happening. Just seemed to happen fast which clearly isnt the case.
                                                                                              The sumb if they can bring in MUP why can't they bring in maximum rents meme is only marginally less ignorant and ill informed than they 'I wouldn't mind if all the millions in profits that is going to the retailers / diagio was spent on treatment facilities"

Comment

... marginally less ignorant and ill informed than they 'I wouldn't mind if all the millions in profits that is going to the retailers / diagio was spent on treatment facilities"
                                                                                                I'm not sure what is inherently or overly ignorant about the statement, it doesn't necessarily have to be treatment facilities but it's obvious that Diagio and co were quite happy with their profit margin pre-MUP. The now yearly rise in tobacco goes into the state coffers so i don't see anything too wrong with thinking that the rise in alcohol wouldn't either, or, go some where else at least.

The only argument (but i presume there are others) that i've heard in favour of the increase going to the manufacturer is to compensate for the presumed drop in sales post MUP. A certain logic perhaps but i'm not sure if it's strong enough to make doubters "ignorant." We didn't look after the cigarette companies in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Two is still lucky mostly, 3s all the way for the loots
                                                                                                  100%.

2 is the luck of your first guess and then divine inspiration for your second.

3 and 4 is the intelligence zone.

5 is getting obvious.

6 is fish in a barrell.

if you don't get it in 6 you've not been thinking, just saying words.

Comment

Inski for the lotto syndicate...50/man ?
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I bought an aeropress. There seems to be a range of thoughts on the best way to use it. On the box itself it calls for a ten second brew with a small bit of water and filling the cup up with extra water after. I found that method left me with too little flavour for my liking. I saw a video on youtube where the guy poured 200ml of water over the coffee and leaving it for 2 mins before plunging and that gave me a result more to my liking.

Any tips on how to get the best out of it? I remember Strewelpeter talking about using it upsidedown or something?

Comment

The Quebecois ain't screwing around with the no-vaxxers.

I like the logic.

“Those who refuse to get the shot bring a financial burden to hospital staff and Quebecers. The 10% of the population can’t burden the 90%.”

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          Inski for the lotto syndicate...50/man ?
                                                                                                          Luckforsome has been running the lotto syndicate since 2019 so a PM to him probably your best bet

Comment

Fucking hell. 4pm in the afternoon. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              I bought an aeropress. There seems to be a range of thoughts on the best way to use it. On the box itself it calls for a ten second brew with a small bit of water and filling the cup up with extra water after. I found that method left me with too little flavour for my liking. I saw a video on youtube where the guy poured 200ml of water over the coffee and leaving it for 2 mins before plunging and that gave me a result more to my liking.

Any tips on how to get the best out of it? I remember Strewelpeter talking about using it upsidedown or something?
                                                                                                              Yeah, upside down and its easier to stir. I use c. 20g coffee and pour in water thats about 1 minute off the boil, stir well and leave it for at least 2 minutes, push and top up with about the same amount of boiling water.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                                On rents there...landlady calling round soon so presume increase is on the cards. What's the max she can raise it by?

Also sofa is knackered..that would on her to replace?

I could google it obviously but just a bit lazy
                                                                                                                2%, I think, providing you are in a Rent Pressure Zone, which I guess everyone is. Maybe there's loopholes though.

Unless she hasn't increased it in a few years, in which case it is the lower of inflation or 2% per year that it wasn't increased.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...increases.html
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Fucking hell. 4pm in the afternoon. RIP

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/202...amore-assault/
                                                                                                                  Fuck. That's truly shocking. Not least because my wife runs the canal out our way alone a lot.

Jesus. Was hoping to read they were known to each other. A random attack. Wtf.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

The only argument (but i presume there are others) that i've heard in favour of the increase going to the manufacturer is to compensate for the presumed drop in sales post MUP. A certain logic perhaps but i'm not sure if it's strong enough to make doubters "ignorant." We didn't look after the cigarette companies in the same way.
                                                                                                                    The point is that if there are long term increases in profit then the measures will have been ineffective, a broad taxation measure would only have been preferable if this was a broad anti alcohol measure rather than the measure targeted at a specific cohort that it is.

I was in a with a friend the other day who lives in a house with half a dozen other alcoholics who would be an interesting case study for the effectiveness of the measure, none of them have anything more than the minimum SW income coming in and the bulk of all the money that comes into the house is spent on alcohol. The new prices are already having a big impact in that house (apparently in particular with one lad who is on a couple of bottles of spirits a day) I wouldn't read too much into it for the moment but the unvarnished truth is that over the next few months this is going to play out as trade offs between booze and food or other essentials. Other possibilities are that there will be reduced consumption or maybe some people will find a bit of work to top up their spending power. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the medium term. My friend would be mostly very honest about his behaviour and while I wouldn't judge the success or failure of the measure just on these lads it will be an interesting insight into how it plays out.

This is an experiment that has a very clear intent of reducing consumption amongst a particular cohort and now that its here it needs to be tested and measured objectively IMHO those people who are spouting dumbass memes decrying the measures and trying to have it closed down because they have to pay a few quid more for a bag of cans are either morons or heading off down the road to join the lads.

Comment

The Orville is such a great show. First episode comes across as people's first time playing actor. Gold after that. Each episode a gem.
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The point is that if there are long term increases in profit then the measures will have been ineffective, a broad taxation measure would only have been preferable if this was a broad anti alcohol measure rather than the measure targeted at a specific cohort that it is.

I was in a with a friend the other day who lives in a house with half a dozen other alcoholics who would be an interesting case study for the effectiveness of the measure, none of them have anything more than the minimum SW income coming in and the bulk of all the money that comes into the house is spent on alcohol. The new prices are already having a big impact in that house (apparently in particular with one lad who is on a couple of bottles of spirits a day) I wouldn't read too much into it for the moment but the unvarnished truth is that over the next few months this is going to play out as trade offs between booze and food or other essentials. Other possibilities are that there will be reduced consumption or maybe some people will find a bit of work to top up their spending power. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the medium term. My friend would be mostly very honest about his behaviour and while I wouldn't judge the success or failure of the measure just on these lads it will be an interesting insight into how it plays out.

This is an experiment that has a very clear intent of reducing consumption amongst a particular cohort and now that its here it needs to be tested and measured objectively IMHO those people who are spouting dumbass memes decrying the measures and trying to have it closed down because they have to pay a few quid more for a bag of cans are either morons or heading off down the road to join the lads.
                                                                                                                        I think a gradual increase would have been a much better way to do it. 4 increases over 18-24 months . The complaining then becomes old very quickly . This way causes borderline national cold turkey . We come round as a people .

Comment

Wordle 208 4/6

⬛⬛⬛

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X