X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    These days books are just for show so doesn't count anymore
    I used to be genuinely disturbed by the amount of homes with young children that were absolutely book free. Looking back from the world we live in now I used to come across a lot of dodgy stuff that probably have one making calls to Tusla these days.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Meaning no disrespect but to me (admittedly a person from the sticks) it sounds like you've spent a shit load of money on what we would consider a shed which needs a shit load more money to make it liveable in a financially prudent way.

Not an observation on you btw, just the absolute shitshow that is the Dublin property market.

You could probably build/buy three nice houses down here for what sounds like your outlay so far.
      Ha, yeah. It's a fairly standard Dublin style house too. The main problem is that the main houses available in Dublin, and probably for the foreseeable future, are old houses where people have passed on. So they're all run down.

Although our calculation is we spent €440,000 for the house, and €150,000 for the ability to build another house next to it. So it wasn't too much by Dublin standards.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        He has two sub ground level floors. The - 2 floor, the basement, there's a swimming pool, gym and I assume jacuzzi sauna area. Now I've been in houses that have this, but this was on a scale I've never seen. Blown away. Massive ballroom size area, all marble and stone. The other end of it there's a really large room leading out to a sunken courtyard making it feel like ground level.

On the - 1 floor there's a really plush boardroom, thick pile red carpet, walnut walls with secret doors. This has 5m wide glazing overlooking the courtyard, so feels like it's an upstairs floor. Wine cellar on this floor too. That wasn't very big, but well kitted out with shelving. Red brick walls for the cellar vibe and this amazing fiery orange veined marble floor.

An apartment within the house spans those two subterranean floors, but again because of the sunken courtyard feels like ground and first floor.

Didn't get to see much of the ground floor and upstairs was off limits. Fuck me it was outrageous though.
        I walk past his house out west several times anytime I'm out there. Have only seen him once when he drove past us as we were walking, gave us a wave.

The wall/hedging around his house hides it pretty well and as much as I've tried to strain my neck to look over, I haven't managed it.

I'd love to get inside and have a proper look as the bit of the outside you can see looks impressive and I reckon the inside is really good.

That wine cellar could probably easily hold 1000 bottles if kitted out properly

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I used to be genuinely disturbed by the amount of homes with young children that were absolutely book free. Looking back from the world we live in now I used to come across a lot of dodgy stuff that probably have one making calls to Tusla these days.
          I'm sure we all have far more digital books than paper ones now though.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Currently in a chippers getting a batter burger. Pay out on anyone who had Day 1.

Comment

How long does it fucking take to fry a batter burger.

Comment

Hahaha, brilliant.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Lads on IPB are sound.

Coillcam was generous enough to give me 20 mins of his time for a project I’m working on and we ended up talking about stuff for 2 hours.

BBV delivers.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... DeadParrot have the ring up and running. Night time vision only OK up close grand but can't see the car in driveway etc. And I'd say it will have to be moved as its picking up the wall its beside.

IMG_20220110_231109.jpg IMG_20220110_230929.jpg
                    Last edited by SatNav; 10-01-22, 23:12.
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Currently in a chippers getting a batter burger. Pay out on anyone who had Day 1.
                      Broken by kale crackers, you hate to see it
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                        Hitchhiker's Guide To... DeadParrot have the ring up and running. Night time vision only OK up close grand but can't see the car in driveway etc. And I'd say it will have to be moved as its picking up the wall its beside.

I'd move it yeah. Looks like you haven't a good angle to view there.

Dunno what to say about night vision. Mines fine but I guess there's more ambient light in Lucan than portlaoise
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hey,

I have ring doorbell and you can actually change the movement zones to for example it won’t pick up cars but will pick up people moving. Also there should be an angled bracket with it which in your case you’d put on the left hand side to angle the camera away from the wall and get greater coverage.

Comment

@Raoul I can ship €100 on stars or revolut?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

@Raoul I can ship €100 on stars or revolut?
                              Much as I would like to take your cash, I don't think we did bet on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Ah please. We don't often get free entertainment of this calibre.

Let the man do the crazy thing.
                                Although this^^ is definitely worth €100 in schadenfreude terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Hey,

I have ring doorbell and you can actually change the movement zones to for example it won’t pick up cars but will pick up people moving. Also there should be an angled bracket with it which in your case you’d put on the left hand side to angle the camera away from the wall and get greater coverage.
                                  Ah I've the cheapest one no bracket but it's actually OK this morning. Quite possibly the best 59 euro ever spent!
                                  IMG_20220111_114526.jpg
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Ah I've the cheapest one no bracket but it's actually OK this morning. Quite possibly the best 59 euro ever spent!
                                    IMG_20220111_114526.jpg
                                    Its mad, isnt it?!

Comment

In honour of Music King

FB_IMG_1641902074648.jpg

Comment

How long does it fucking take to fry a batter burger.
                                        You probably confused them by asking for a batt-er burg-er

In local parlance it translates to...
                                        Battah burg

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

You probably confused them by asking for a batt-er burg-er

In local parlance it translates to...
                                          Battah burg
                                          Bath-orrrrrr Borgorrrrrrhhhh

Comment

I'd go out of my way for a good batter burger. 9 out of 10 times it is manky horribleness, but that sweet sweet 1 out of 10 times makes you realise that Ireland has the potential to be the foodie capital of the world.

Comment

I'd go out of my way for a good batter burger. 9 out of 10 times it is manky horribleness, but that sweet sweet 1 out of 10 times makes you realise that Ireland has the potential to be the foodie capital of the world.
                                              All batter burgers are manky. That is how you are supposed to eat them. They are self indulgent self harm for the masochistic apre beer munchie monkey . If you get a good 1. Throw it out immediately. You do not want to mess with the batter burger gods in this manner. The BB_Beer repeating on you the next morning is confirmation that you ride at the gates of hell and kill all prisoners and had a great night to boot .

Comment

Talk us through your diet plan, minute by minute. When did you crack? Kale crackers?

Comment

More than half of people in Europe will be infected with Omicron over next 6-8 weeks, says WHO

I had mentally assumed most people had already been infected. Get the boosters lads, it has far less side effects than that horrible second shot as its only a half shot..

Comment

More than half of people in Europe will be infected with Omicron over next 6-8 weeks, says WHO

I had mentally assumed most people had already been infected. Get the boosters lads, it has far less side effects than that horrible second shot as its only a half shot..
                                                    The majority of people I know who had a reaction did so to the booster but not the second shot, with Moderna boosters being the most culpable. I had no reaction to either tbf (all Pfizer)

Comment

Rang to get the bonus from the car insurance company for switching from a provisional to a full licence. They said, oh great, that should save you a bit. Then it came about that insurance also changes when you switch address based on local claim rates. End result. Saved €200 on the switch to the licence, paying an extra €500 on the switch to a dodgier area. A good days work!

Comment

Talk us through your diet plan, minute by minute. When did you crack? Kale crackers?
                                                        Got to about half nine in the evening, starvin marvin, and realised that the chipper was shutting in 30 minutes, so it was shit or get off the pot time. As a decisive individual, decided that I was a shitter.

Comment

Got to about half nine in the evening, starvin marvin, and realised that the chipper was shutting in 30 minutes, so it was shit or get off the pot time. As a decisive individual, decided that I was a shitter.
                                                          Did Mrs H start on the same day?
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Mrs H is KGB-trained (or so we assume) so presumably made of sterner stuff than her spouse.

Comment

Yeah, she's flying. Keeps muttering things at the walls about 'ha, you think you can break a nation raised in the gulags'.

Comment

Look at the Aus ICU Vax/No Vax numbers. Unreal.

Comment

Is Australia a healthier nation that Ireland? Why would our numbers be more in the 60/40(Unvax/Vaxxed) range compared to the above? Have we more grossly obese unhealthy people that even triple jabs won't keep them from ICU?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                    Is Australia a healthier nation that Ireland? Why would our numbers be more in the 60/40(Unvax/Vaxxed) range compared to the above? Have we more grossly obese unhealthy people that even triple jabs won't keep them from ICU?
                                                                    Australia is both more obese (31% vs 26%) and older (16% over 65 vs 14% over 65). I wonder if a factor is the weather. That ours are happening in winter, which is likely to weaken the elderly more, who are largely all vaccinated, and push them over the edge into ICU if they get covid.

Comment

Yeah Vitamin D deficiency might explain it
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                        Yeah Vitamin D deficiency might explain it
                                                                        It's a good point about winter vs summer. Part of the reason you could never confidently extrapolate from the SA numbers to Western Europe.

Comment

Yeah, she's flying. Keeps muttering things at the walls about 'ha, you think you can break a nation raised in the gulags'.
                                                                          Did she know you were going out for a sneaky fast food supper on Day One of the diet, or did you cover it up by saying you were going dogging?

Comment

Bath-orrrrrr Borgorrrrrrhhhh
                                                                            That would be a younger mans version

Old lads say it my way with a glotal stop!
                                                                            Also fond of saying "sure shes a grand girdle" or "jaysus da price a peh-thor-iddle"

Also when asking for a bag of chips they'll ask for 'one chip luv" the luv will be delivered in a kind of sympathetic with tinge of I'm just a humble local aul fella way, thus differentiating himself from that poncy bollix over there looking for his Batter Burger oh la di dah

Comment

It's a good point about winter vs summer. Part of the reason you could never confidently extrapolate from the SA numbers to Western Europe.
                                                                              Yeah that's fair. It's also mad that you can get free antigen tests from the state but have to buy Vitamin D supplements.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Rang to get the bonus from the car insurance company for switching from a provisional to a full licence. They said, oh great, that should save you a bit. Then it came about that insurance also changes when you switch address based on local claim rates. End result. Saved €200 on the switch to the licence, paying an extra €500 on the switch to a dodgier area. A good days work!
                                                                                You're tempting fate living beside a graveyard.
                                                                                Could be worse, dodged a bullet on Bray.

Comment

Sardinia, end of June. Would the temperature already be too hot for pasty Irish folks?

Looking at Iago and Flushdraw here.

Comment

Big wins for Succession at the Golden Globes. Can't believe The Power of the Dog Sh1t did so well. Homophobic bore-fest IMHO.
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                      Just thinking we also have loads more lingering Delta. Didn't Mehole say nearly all our ICU patients are Delta? Aus policy has been to lock Delta the fook down and let Omicron fly free.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                        Big wins for Succession at the Golden Globes. Can't believe The Power of the Dog Sh1t did so well. Homophobic bore-fest IMHO.
                                                                                        Yeah thought it was way overrated. Trying hard but failed . Seems folk are easily swayed by off piste shite . Felt the same about lost in translation and American Beauty. Still get mocked

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Just thinking we also have loads more lingering Delta. Didn't Mehole say nearly all our ICU patients are Delta? Aus policy has been to lock Delta the fook down and let Omicron fly free.
                                                                                          You fucking promised this was over. You fecking said it. Why I ought....

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Yeah thought it was way overrated. Trying hard but failed . Seems folk are easily swayed by off piste shite . Felt the same about lost in translation and American Beauty. Still get mocked
                                                                                            Brilliant cinematography and acting to be fair but the plot was like something from a bad episode of Midsomer Murders.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Question re MS Teams. I finally got my account on it sorted. Linked my mobile number to a personal account and had a faff of a job trying to set up a work account with the same phone number. Got there anyway.

I've a meeting I'm invited to tomorrow and can't afford to be fucking around with it. I assume I just sign in to Teams then click the invite link that was emailed to me?

Comment

Does anyone know if you have to fill out a passenger locater form for usa, can't find one on the net?
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

In honour of Music King

FB_IMG_1641902074648.jpg

I feel sorry for anyone feeble-minded enough to like this sort of nonsense

Typical 1970's lyrcs:

Aerosmith "Cheesecake, her sugar gets me high....Cheesecake, Got my fingers in her pie."

Rolling Stones: “Black girls just wanna get fucked all night / I just don’t have that much jam / Chinese girls are so gentle / They’re really such a tease / You never know quite what they’re cookin’ / Inside those silky sleeves”.

Gary Glitter (!): “It’s all right to turn out the light / Cause your mama didn’t lock the door”

Dean Taylor: "Body of a woman, mind of a child / Shadow, you sure do drive me wild / You’re only 14 years old"

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Typical 1970's lyrcs:

Aerosmith "Cheesecake, her sugar gets me high....Cheesecake, Got my fingers in her pie."

Rolling Stones: “Black girls just wanna get fucked all night / I just don’t have that much jam / Chinese girls are so gentle / They’re really such a tease / You never know quite what they’re cookin’ / Inside those silky sleeves”.

Gary Glitter (!): “It’s all right to turn out the light / Cause your mama didn’t lock the door”

Dean Taylor: "Body of a woman, mind of a child / Shadow, you sure do drive me wild / You’re only 14 years old"

Well, she was just seventeen
                                                                                                    You know what I mean
                                                                                                    Lennon McCartney

Comment

Good morning little school girl.

Can I go home

Can I go home

With you

Tell your mama and your papa

I once was a school boy too

Muddy Waters.

Great song though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Typical 1970's lyrcs:

Your sympathy is appreciated.

I know i know she has a great arse on her.

Comment

Can I go home

Can I go home

With you

Tell your mama and your papa

I once was a school boy too

Muddy Waters.

Great song though.

I woke up this morning
                                                                                                          my lyrics were shit
                                                                                                          I wont be mourning
                                                                                                          My song was a hit

DJ Feeble .

Comment

Lennon McCartney
                                                                                                            You forgot their greatest hit of all

Oh blah de . Live goes on.

Or

All we are saying. Is give peace a chance.

Stupid hos stupid stupid hoes - missing the point .

Comment

Sardinia, end of June. Would the temperature already be too hot for pasty Irish folks?

Looking at Iago and Flushdraw here.
                                                                                                              Pasty Irish folks should he having a nap in the hottest hours after the finest Sardinian lunch/wine/digestifs. High on list of places I wanna go soon, go for it!
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

You forgot their greatest hit of all

Oh blah de . Live goes on.

Or

All we are saying. Is give peace a chance.

Stupid hos stupid stupid hoes - missing the point .

I am the eggman (Ooh)
                                                                                                                They are the eggmen, (Ooh)
                                                                                                                I am the walrus
                                                                                                                Goo goo g' joob

Comment

Question re MS Teams. I finally got my account on it sorted. Linked my mobile number to a personal account and had a faff of a job trying to set up a work account with the same phone number. Got there anyway.

I've a meeting I'm invited to tomorrow and can't afford to be fucking around with it. I assume I just sign in to Teams then click the invite link that was emailed to me?
                                                                                                                  Yep, click the email link and it will bring you straight in. Or if you're using outlook, there's a join teams meeting button at the top. Can't go wrong I wouldn't worry
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I am the eggman (Ooh)
                                                                                                                    They are the eggmen, (Ooh)
                                                                                                                    I am the walrus
                                                                                                                    Goo goo g' joob
                                                                                                                    Alvin Stardust made a hit out of that last line . Kinda..

Comment

You fucking promised this was over. You fecking said it. Why I ought....
                                                                                                                      It is m8. <3 <3 Omicron infection gives immunity to Delta, but interestingly not the other way around. Delta will disappear v soon. Citation: https://www.ahri.org/wp-content/uplo...Sigal_corr.pdf

Comment

After the success of our family Halloween city break last year in Copenhagen, I canvassed opinions this evening for a similar Euro-break this year (limiting them to 'direct flights from Dublin' ) and got these suggestions:
                                                                                                                        • Bologna ('because my friend is from there')
                                                                                                                        • Lisbon ('because it'll be warm')
                                                                                                                        • Berlin ('they let you drink if you're 16' )
                                                                                                                        I'd be leaning towards Berlin myself - thoughts on the above for teens\tweens? Doubt there's much to do in Bolgna besides eating.

Comment

After the success of our family Halloween city break last year in Copenhagen, I canvassed opinions this evening for a similar Euro-break this year (limiting them to 'direct flights from Dublin' ) and got these suggestions:
                                                                                                                          • Bologna ('because my friend is from there')
                                                                                                                          • Lisbon ('because it'll be warm')
                                                                                                                          • Berlin ('they let you drink if you're 16' )
                                                                                                                          I'd be leaning towards Berlin myself - thoughts on the above for teens\tweens? Doubt there's much to do in Bolgna besides eating.
                                                                                                                          Havent been to Lisbon yet.

You're right on Bologna, one of the finest places to eat and I can't wait to go back, but can't think of anything for young folk, just an old city with a big park.

airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X