This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Whats stopping you getting boosted? Are you isolating atm ?
    You can't get it until three months have lapsed.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

You can't get it until three months have lapsed.
      Really ? whats the fear ? I cam imagine lots who got the booster contacted the rona over the xmas, tipp wood, still zero cases in our family, helps with the wife wfh and me...wfh ? I dont know really...in a few weeks it will be a year since i was told to not be at work because im vulnerable and they are still paying me... that company doc deserves a medal. Brother is a Guard, practically everyone he works with has had it at this stage and he either got it at the beginning or is super lucky, they cant really socially distance in the cars and the like.

Wife told me yesterday some dude, early 60s, in her job passed away with it during the week...didnt believe in the vaccine seemingly.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Israel are starting to find out that their "keep boosting" plan is futile.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Managed to bluff my way through about 20 minutes of a meeting today not knowing what it was about, until in the 21st minute my opponent asked a question that indicated she knew all along that I knew nothing. There's nowth as cruel as unis. Must remember to use that on someone someday, as I crumbled like a crumble and spent the rest of the meeting humbly agreeing to everything she asked of me.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Managed to bluff my way through about 20 minutes of a meeting today not knowing what it was about, until in the 21st minute my opponent asked a question that indicated she knew all along that I knew nothing. There's nowth as cruel as unis. Must remember to use that on someone someday, as I crumbled like a crumble and spent the rest of the meeting humbly agreeing to everything she asked of me.
            A bit like IPB so.

Comment

Opponent eh? Cliffs on your adversarial relationship?
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Opponent eh? Cliffs on your adversarial relationship?
                I'd say 90% of coworkers in a university are your opponents, such is the working environment. They either don't want to do work, don't want to do your work, think your work will harm their work, are having a bad day, are having a bad life.

Essentially everything is about being adversarial. I'm actually going to watch the new Apprentice later to see what it is like in an easier workplace.

Comment

That's a shocking Apprentice. Everything wrong with the Brits (including SatNav)

Comment

Well despite all the doom and Gloom and January Blues. I LOVE January.

It’s the start of the sporting year and there are so many great events to look forward to. I am a bit disappointed about NoVax Djocovid (the latest jibe) is missing the Aussie Tennis as it takes away from it when the world no1 wouldn’t bother his hole to get the jab done. However all the golf Majors, the footie finals , the tennis, the GAA madness starting again. Etc etc. Then there are a few gigs (covid fk off) I hope to attend and a planned visit to the lake district in blightly with the kids (never been tis about time) . I’m looking forward to 2022. Negativity BEGONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      Well despite all the doom and Gloom and January Blues. I LOVE January.

It’s the start of the sporting year and there are so many great events to look forward to. I am a bit disappointed about NoVax Djocovid (the latest jibe) is missing the Aussie Tennis as it takes away from it when the world no1 wouldn’t bother his hole to get the jab done. However all the golf Majors, the footie finals , the tennis, the GAA madness starting again. Etc etc. Then there are a few gigs (covid fk off) I hope to attend and a planned visit to the lake district in blightly with the kids (never been tis about time) . I’m looking forward to 2022. Negativity BEGONE.
                      Yeah, I agree. I also like January. Lots of positive vibes about it, personally and in work.

Motivation for running is at it's highest.

Comment

Twink has passed on the baton....

Comment

News
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

We only got up to 2000 in hospital on the 18th of January last year. On the 4/1/21 they were still below where we are now.
                            Looks like the numbers in hospital are already levelling off. Glad to have been wrong about that.

FIffixjXsAEfQqw?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Attached Files
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Me walking the kids to school this morning

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Looks like the numbers in hospital are already levelling off. Glad to have been wrong about that.
                                it would be interesting, although I doubt available, to know the split between Delta and Omicron cases in hospital. The former group will surely be shrinking down as they either get discharged, or die.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Me walking the kids to school this morning

Glolm
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Any experiences with LASIK? Who did you go with, how much was it etc?
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm not boosted because I've Covid and I'm not registered anywhere as having Covid.

Will I be able to go for a pint, or will I have to join the great unbrained outside?
                                      Latest news is booster not required for indoor dining...for now.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Well shit.

My company is going under.
                                        Redundo time. I'll be needed for run off for a while I guess but time to dust off the cv
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Well shit.

Redundo time. I'll be needed for run off for a while I guess but time to dust off the cv
                                          Sorry to hear that dude. Hopefully, you'll get a nice lump for redundancy.

If it's any consolation, there's a lot of opportunities in the IT sector atm. Anyone with DB/SQL/BI related skills seem to be in high demand. Best of luck o the search.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            Got it in 2018 in Optilase on Ely Place. Excellent experience before/during/after. Was 100% by the next morning bar a week or two of eye drops to clear up the dryness. Immediately wished I did it years ago. Zero issues since and found them great to deal with.

Comment

I got LASIK with Optilase about 6 years ago.
                                              I was -2.75 in both eyes.
                                              Best job ever.

Consultant was in Waterford, and went to Cork for the surgeon.
                                              He was doing like 10 people that day, so I felt that was a good thing, he's well practiced?!!

You're actually only on the machine for about a minute or two, with it in action for only a max of ten seconds per eye.

They offered a mini valium which I took because hey I'm paying for it anyway, and I'd recommend sunglasses and some drugs to knock you out for 8 hours after the op.
                                              Eyes were usable after a sleep, bar sensitive to light (and screens) for maybe 2/3 days after.
                                              Driving at night was a bit glaring for a fortnight.
                                              eyes still 40/40 now.

I think it could have been 2500 or so, and you get 20% back in tax relief. Cheaper now I bet?

I've a referral link if you go with them.
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Well shit.

I'd hawk you around my company except Eir now owns us.
                                                What happened? Tender renewal gone awry or cutbacks?
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I vaguely remember a few ipbers moving to Malta many years back. Anyone have any hidden gems to visit? January not the best time to visit, and seems to be pissing rain for the next while but figured I'd ask. Will have my own transport
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Had a recessed tooth to the right of the front two at the top. Root canal a few years ago, and the best explanation of the cardiologist was that not treating that on time was what caused the heart problems. The only remaining issue was that the recession of the tooth had messed up my perfect cheeky yet trustworthy grin. Had the crown fitted yesterday to straighten out the teeth and, honest to god, I think I'm back up to 10/10 as a fine specimen of a man. What a smile, what a dazzler!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      Twink has passed on the baton....

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Vogue is an insufferable cunt of the highest order.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

it would be interesting, although I doubt available, to know the split between Delta and Omicron cases in hospital. The former group will surely be shrinking down as they either get discharged, or die.
                                                        IDK about hospital but the word was that all of the patients in ICU had delta rather than the big O a few days ago. Hopecast of the day here but I wouldn't be surprised to see a precipitous drop in the next two weeks as the last of the delta gets squeezed out and hundreds of thousands start to recover (with added immunity) from cold-like omicron.

Comment

That's a shocking Apprentice. Everything wrong with the Brits (including SatNav)

The hack of the 'turd' logo!!

I'm not an avid watcher of The Apprentice and I get that's it an entertainment show and trying to complete some of the tasks in the time frame given is redonk plus it's edited a certain way to often make people worse than they are but sweet Jebus, all of those contestants look like absolute plebs

Comment

Anyone trained a dog using a clicker before? Results?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

IDK about hospital but the word was that all of the patients in ICU had delta rather than the big O a few days ago. Hopecast of the day here but I wouldn't be surprised to see a precipitous drop in the next two weeks as the last of the delta gets squeezed out and hundreds of thousands start to recover (with added immunity) from cold-like omicron.
                                                              Yes, that would indeed be the best case scenario

Comment

Micknail - my employer get's some services from your crowd, not a huge amount but there's a bit of an overlap. I was thinking that's who you worked for but you've confirmed it now by mentioning the new owner. What area do you work in?

Had a recessed tooth to the right of the front two at the top. Root canal a few years ago, and the best explanation of the cardiologist was that not treating that on time was what caused the heart problems. The only remaining issue was that the recession of the tooth had messed up my perfect cheeky yet trustworthy grin. Had the crown fitted yesterday to straighten out the teeth and, honest to god, I think I'm back up to 10/10 as a fine specimen of a man. What a smile, what a dazzler!
                                                                10/10 best money I spent as an adult was:

1. Getting a driving licence.
                                                                2. Getting Invisalign clear braces.

I'm almost three years into Invisalign at this stage due to being an atypical case. Would be done already but for multiple covid based delays, hoping to finish up soon. There's an unbelievable difference in my confidence, I'm a completely different person in photos and a lot self-conscious. Couldn't recommend it enough. Didn't have a pot to piss in as a gossin and probably should have got a loan to do it in my 20s.

Comment

Anyone trained a dog using a clicker before? Results?
                                                                  Human 0 Dog 5

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I'd hawk you around my company except Eir now owns us.
                                                                    What happened? Tender renewal gone awry or cutbacks?
                                                                    It was an car insurance company for "distressed" drivers in UK and Ireland
                                                                    Brexit+Sterling+Covid all played a hand in hammering uk earnings.
                                                                    Ireland is flying but not enough to keep cheque signers happy.

There's more to it but that's the cliffs.

I now have extensive telecommunications AND finance experience
                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 07-01-22, 14:35.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The schadenfreude of that gobshite tennis player having to spend a few nights in a room in the equivalent of an airport Travelodge is a nice warm glow in a cold and miserable January.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We've now decided on a week in Iceland in April. I is excite.

Any extra veterns trip info appreciated. Will have 2 kids in tow.

Comment

Funny, was just talking to kids about a potential trip there as someone mentioned to me there are direct flights.

I await your TR with interest.

Comment

There’s a huge difference in LASIK and LASEK, I went with LASIK where they cut a C shape in your cornea and it’s take a little longer to fully heal so no swimming etc for a month, but you’re immediately painless. Got it done in the Mater Private with Prof OKeeffe who I was assured at the time was the best by any doctor I asked. Operation at 2pm watching tv at 8. He is now working out of Clare I believe and would highly recommend.

Comment

Martin says ICU is mostly Delta

Comment

Would love to visit Iceland too. Spectacular scenery apparently. Would love to spend a day in one of those hot geysers.

Comment

Would love to spend a day in one of those hot geysers.
                                                                                  Into the hot geezers eh?

Comment

Would love to visit Iceland too. Spectacular scenery apparently. Would love to spend a day in one of those hot geysers.
                                                                                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The Serbian nation as a whole seemingly as being really whingy and offended about this whole Djokovic thing.

I saw something about the French Open having similar restrictions, which would be great. Sadly no prospect of the UK or US doing similar for the other majors.

Comment

Got laser surgery when I was 20. 2 minutes of pain/very uncomfortable and now 13 years later I'm still 20/20 vision. I got it done in Whitfield private in Waterford by a James o' Brien.

Never could get on with contact lens and played a lot of sport in my teens with glasses on. Hence a lot of trips to opticians with irate mother to get new glasses. Ironically I am now employed by a company that makes 1 billion+ contact lens
                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Stayed in this place, https://www.kexhostel.is/, think you can get family rooms, lovely breakfast and bar food also available.

First time ever staying in a hostel but each floor had a kitchen and several fridges that you could store food and drinks in and noone would touch it.

The world of tours are available, from Northern lights to Full on Dog Sledging, Blue lagoon is very touristy, great day out mind, but there are other less known similar experiences.

Travel man did a long weekend there with Bill Baily over the xmas it was shown, new host also to that show, Joe Lycett, should be on C4 catch up.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                            The Serbian nation as a whole seemingly as being really whingy and offended about this whole Djokovic thing.
                                                                                            Did you ever try criticise a Roy Keane in front of someone from Cork?

Think of what he's achieved and where he is from. Bigger than God.

*hate him btw

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I saw something about the French Open having similar restrictions, which would be great. Sadly no prospect of the UK or US doing similar for the other majors.
                                                                                              They seem to have an impressive victimhood complex for a people that were extremely naughty in the late 90s.

Comment

I remember back in the poker playing days at an Event in Austria . Was having brekkie with a Serbian couple. Cant remember who they were shooting daggers at but it was pretty full on homicidal thoughts . Okay sez I sossies are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Stayed in this place, https://www.kexhostel.is/, think you can get family rooms, lovely breakfast and bar food also available.

First time ever staying in a hostel but each floor had a kitchen and several fridges that you could store food and drinks in and noone would touch it.

The world of tours are available, from Northern lights to Full on Dog Sledging, Blue lagoon is very touristy, great day out mind, but there are other less known similar experiences.

Travel man did a long weekend there with Bill Baily over the xmas it was shown, new host also to that show, Joe Lycett, should be on C4 catch up.
                                                                                                  Thanks Ole, I'm in full on Iceland mode now . See, start the day positive and you make positive decisions.

Comment

Always thought about the eye surgery but since my eyes are only -1 never bothered, and it's nice that things have a nice soft edge when I look at them.

Comment

Thanks Ole, I'm in full on Iceland mode now . See, start the day positive and you make positive decisions.
                                                                                                      The one word of warning is all those beautiful pics you see of the northern lights rolling in this green heavenly mist is all done with time delay photography.

Was only saying it to thw wife we should go soon, when I went it was with a group of police friends, they had a spare spot so i jumped on board, think i paid around 400 for 4 nights accom, flights, blue lagoon and on the other side the |Icelandic police organized all the tours and bar crawls, didnt have to think about anything...told a time and place and just be there, that was great !

Few here with family as members im sure, make sure they have an active IPA section, feckers have their own bonded travel agency, heavily discounted apartments all over Ireland, great travel deals if you can tag along.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

New coffee machine up and running. Was able to make a stunning flat white for breakfast this morn.

My latte art skillz are currently in the Jackson Pollock style.

Comment

It's a very long time since I was there, did a few nice day trips in and around Reykjavik out to Gulfoss and the blue lagoon etc. The best part was travelling up the east coast and staying a few days around Isafjordur right up in the north. If I was going again I'd try to drive across the north coast to the far east and back across the middle but April is probably too early for driving inland..

Back then it was crushingly expensive to drive. I remember working out that to rent and run a 4wheel drive there for three weeks was costing more than 1/5th the price of a semi D house in Ireland. I met a lad at a fishing pier who was hoisting his his land rover onto a boat that was heading for Scotland, he was sending it to get serviced and have four new tires fitted there for a fraction of the cost of getting it done at home
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This is a mental watch!! Hills have eyes ​​​​​​

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Have the S03 finale of Succession lined up for tonight.

That penultimate episode..

SPOILER
                                                                                                              That fucking dick pic scene, amazing TV. Shiv in for the kill

Comment

Kids wanted me to buy them a Disney movie, we buy them movies on Google play store every now and then.

HD version of it was €19.99 so I said fuck it and subbed to Disney + for the year instead.

I know of Dopesick, and Get Back, but what else is good on there?

Comment

Kids wanted me to buy them a Disney movie, we buy them movies on Google play store every now and then.

HD version of it was €19.99 so I said fuck it and subbed to Disney + for the year instead.

I'd give The Mandalorian a go. Though only aware of it because Bill Burr has a small part.

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 07-01-22, 20:56.

Comment

Haha, that looks fun

Comment

Amazing country. Blue Lagoon touristy but well worth it. Some of the waterfalls are spectacular. Highlights for us were a night or two in Akureyri in the north - whale watching from there was brilliant - and the drive along the west coast back down to Reykjavik. Some of the scenery was like we were on a different planet.

Comment

The McCartney doc is also great. Watched Quiz Show the movie which I hadn’t seen in years. Started Lost as I had never watched it. Every episode of the Simpson’s so started showing the kids some of them although there are very few suitable ones for the 6 yo
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          I've two tickets to tomorrow's matinee of Faith Healer at midday in The Abbey. One of them is spare if anybody wants to chance sitting next me for it. If you do just shout.
                                                                                                                          PM sent. Will have to cancel my ticket for the National Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X