This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

How is Senor Omicrono getting on in Spain?
    numbers are through the roof. Have had two record days this week for the whole pandemic. Masks now mandatory everywhere again, including outdoors. Covid passports for all restaurants/bars/gyms etc. back to max of 10 at single tables in restaurants and families advised to only have a max of two households mixing at any point. That’s all to be in place until 31st jan.

then different regions have added their own rules, some have shut down nightlife, some are trying to push through 11pm curfews again. I expect that once they get reyes magos out of the way on 6th jan they’ll enforce deeper lockdowns if numbers haven’t come down.

at the same time the communication is very much along the lines of ‘this isn’t like the 1st wave and we won’t need such draconian restrictions this time’ so I guess we’ll see.
    Last edited by Iago; 27-12-21, 17:43.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

According to the CSO, deaths in Ireland were up 2% in 2020 compared to 2019, I couldn't find the data for 2021, presume it hasnt been released yet?

Anyway, 2%, fuck all. Open up and crack on.

Comment

What happened in South Africa (cases plateaued and then fell off after a steep original Omicron wave) would be the dream but for obvious reasons we can't assume we'll follow the same path.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Why "no testing"?

I have no idea what benefit ignorance would bring?
          Ignorance is the default setting for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            According to the CSO, deaths in Ireland were up 2% in 2020 compared to 2019, I couldn't find the data for 2021, presume it hasnt been released yet?

Happy enough with just an extra 2% of your family dying a year?

the real difficulty would be choosing which 2% imo
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Omicron will choose for you - looks like 'the unvaxxed members' is the answer looking at the ICU stats.

Comment

We're all gonna die eventually, death is something I'm very comfortable with. I'm sure I'll be upset when a family member dies but life must go on.

Comment

I was mostly thinking it would be easy, and fun too
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Question... How long does it take for a test to become negative after testing positive does anyone know. I'm going to America with eldest 9th Feb and an now worried her test would still say positive
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                      Question... How long does it take for a test to become negative after testing positive does anyone know. I'm going to America with eldest 9th Feb and an now worried her test would still say positive
                      to enter usa you'll have to have a negative test 72 hours before flying. They'll check it when they check esta etc

Comment

They wouldn't be saying to go out and carry on normally after 10 days from symptoms if there was any chance of that being an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Only an hour landed in Rome, en route to Sorrento, and already knee-deep in multiple dishes of pasta, pizza. There is surely no country that has made such a joy of the simple carb.
                          Had very good meals in both Bagni Delfino and Bistro Sorrento there.

Comment

We're all gonna die eventually, death is something I'm very comfortable with. I'm sure I'll be upset when a family member dies but life must go on.
                            Eventually is the key word there. You can die tomorrow morning if you step in front of a bus. You're not going to do it on purpose though. Neither should we, as a society, do anything purposefully to endanger society as a whole. People will still die but similarly people will still step in front of buses every so often no matter how careful they are.

Comment

It's only 2% because of the measures introduced... Would be a lot higher if it wasn't for those measures. Beside deaths are also lower because of reduced accidents from less traffic due to Covid etc...

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

to enter usa you'll have to have a negative test 72 hours before flying. They'll check it when they check esta etc
                                I knew that but after a Google it says it can take weeks even months for covid to leave system so I'm wondering would a test still show positive if U get me
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's only 2% because of the measures introduced... Would be a lot higher if it wasn't for those measures. Beside deaths are also lower because of reduced accidents from less traffic due to Covid etc...
                                  I agree. Restrictions served their purpose at the start. Outrageous amount vaxxed in Ireland now. Open up and crack on

Comment

I knew that but after a Google it says it can take weeks even months for covid to leave system so I'm wondering would a test still show positive if U get me
                                    I think you might be reading about 'long covid'. When people still have ongoing issues for months after being ill with it. I almost certain they test negative though.

Comment

SatNav is asking whether a PCR will still show positive in a couple of months time, well after the infectious element of it has passed.

I'm fairly sure the HSE told me there was no point in me going for a test to see if it's gone as it will still show. She was talking about a couple of weeks though at that time
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Antigens test neg when it's gone, so you'd assume PCRs do too.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Yep, the side effect of not interacting with the world for a few months saved a lot of lives too.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Negative antigen for me today, but the wife's showed what seemed to be a very very faint line on the T.

Funking hard for the 7 year old to be the last one in the house with it rather than the first.

Comment

I do wish though we were a bit more reactive in terms of lifting restrictions. Summer was some shambles with almost no possible gain to how late we stayed close. I don't think its just hindsight bias, it seemed to make no sense in the summer either. But then again you've smart countries like the Ozzies who were shutting down everything at the merest hint of a case. Or European countries in the steaming summer heat where you had to engage in the farce of wearing a mask outside. Was brutal in France with the masks over the summer.
                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                I do wish though we were a bit more reactive in terms of lifting restrictions. Summer was some shambles with almost no possible gain to how late we stayed close. I don't think its just hindsight bias, it seemed to make no sense in the summer either. But then again you've smart countries like the Ozzies who were shutting down everything at the merest hint of a case. Or European countries in the steaming summer heat where you had to engage in the farce of wearing a mask outside. Was brutal in France with the masks over the summer.
                                                Are you back on the vino? Brutal in France, like a year ago?

Comment

Hitch why do you do that to yourself on twitter?

It's an interesting take (Norma Foley) but fuck me I couldn't be dealing with that reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

It's an interesting take (Norma Foley) but fuck me I couldn't be dealing with that reaction.
                                                    Pretty sue it's something to do with game theory and the metaverse. There's a good reason why he deletes them.

Though going on with it while he's in Sorrento is a new weird. Bad enough taking a book a day with him.

Comment

Pick a topic, pick the unpopular view, troll responders. Rinse and repeat
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

The Many Saints of Newark was a solid 7.5/10 imo. Enjoyable.

Comment

Inn Buffalito in Sorrento was lovely when we were there around 7 years ago
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Yeah, I think a lot of people expected it to be as special as the show. I'd go 7.2. It's a bit like reading a book and then being disappointed by the movie.

Comment

Antigens test neg when it's gone, so you'd assume PCRs do too.
                                                              PCRs are more sensitive and can detect for a few weeks post infection. There’s I chance I’ll still ping prior to flying in January.
                                                              in which case I’ll need a statement of recovery from a doctor.

Comment

Think you'd like Lamb, though it's definitely better seen in a cinema. Although it's subtitled, it was mostly a visual thing and the trailer doesn't do it justice. It's not a horror at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah, I think a lot of people expected it to be as special as the show. I'd go 7.2. It's a bit like reading a book and then being disappointed by the movie.
                                                                  I liked it, the historical backdrop of the Newark riots in '67 was used well and Tony's formative influences (that mother Uncle Junior, Dicky) were well fleshed out. And the dialogue seemed authentic.

Comment

I liked it, the historical backdrop of the Newark riots in '67 was used well and Tony's formative influences (that mother Uncle Junior, Dicky) were well fleshed out. And the dialogue seemed authentic.
                                                                    I mostly loved the soundtrack. I sometimes put earplugs in, in a cinema, but loved hearing some music out loud, especially Van (the anti masker).

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      Why "no testing"?

I have no idea what benefit ignorance would bring?
                                                                      For the same reason we don't test for the winter flu or common cold. Positive tests are stopping people who aren't sick for going about their normal lives.

Widespread transmission, which we are experiencing right now, is no longer the problem it was because of vaccines, improved treatments and a dominant benign variant.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

24 hours currently with PCR AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Yep, the side effect of not interacting with the world for a few months saved a lot of lives too.
                                                                          and ruined more. OPEN THE PUBS
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

When you’ve had covid thr PCR can be positive for months, the good news is that once you get to day 11 you can apply for a form from the HSE which means no need for tests for 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

For the same reason we don't test for the winter flu or common cold. Positive tests are stopping people who aren't sick for going about their normal lives.

Widespread transmission, which we are experiencing right now, is no longer the problem it was because of vaccines, improved treatments and a dominant benign variant.
                                                                              We do test for Flu In hospital and you will be treated the same way as when you have covid now with isolation and PPE etc. That wasn’t new this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

When you’ve had covid thr PCR can be positive for months, the good news is that once you get to day 11 you can apply for a form from the HSE which means no need for tests for 6 months.
                                                                                Thanks for that. How would one manage that going to usa. Like would you upload it to that esta thing. Jesus I haven't a clue on what to do in regards to all this stuff. I went to new york in 08 and 09 and it was handy enough but with all the covid stuff I hope it's not too confusing.

I'll be back to look for Vegas tips too as it's my first time so excited!
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Good news coming out of US anyway. Sensibly loosening restrictions.

Comment

Thanks for that. How would one manage that going to usa. Like would you upload it to that esta thing. Jesus I haven't a clue on what to do in regards to all this stuff. I went to new york in 08 and 09 and it was handy enough but with all the covid stuff I hope it's not too confusing.

I'll be back to look for Vegas tips too as it's my first time so excited!
                                                                                    Provide in the same forum as you would a negative test. Going to apply for mine tomorrow and will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                      Good news coming out of US anyway. Sensibly loosening restrictions.

FWIW my antigens we’re still blowing up on day 5 I don’t think It’s a great idea tbh.

Comment

You,'d think afyer 21 years she'd lrarn.

Pub at 12 home by 4?

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          You,'d think afyer 21 years she'd lrarn.

Pub at 12 home by 4?

Yep
                                                                                          In fairness, if you don't qualify with AM or PM, it looks like you were early.

Comment

In fairness, if you don't qualify with AM or PM, it looks like you were early.
                                                                                            you'd better look for new accommodation if you go down that line!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

FWIW my antigens we’re still blowing up on day 5 I don’t think It’s a great idea tbh.
                                                                                              I'm assuming you had delta.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Any tips on a good quality coffee machine for <€500?

Comment

Watched Many Saints last night. Was disappointed. The focus on Dickie Moltisanti instead of Johnny and Lydia Soprano seemed like a waste. No real plot to it, would have liked Tony's crime beginnings to have been explored more. Also the main story of Sopranos is his fucked up relationship with Lydia. They only dipped into that.

5/10 for me.

Comment

Watched Many Saints last night. Was disappointed. The focus on Dickie Moltisanti instead of Johnny and Lydia Soprano seemed like a waste. No real plot to it, would have liked Tony's crime beginnings to have been explored more. Also the main story of Sopranos is his fucked up relationship with Lydia. They only dipped into that.

5/10 for me.
                                                                                                    I suspect they are teeing it up for another one

Comment

I suspect they are teeing it up for another one
                                                                                                      Ah, maybe so.

Comment

Looking for a coffee maker that delivers rich, smooth, and flavorful coffee in under one minute? Look no further than the AeroPress Original! With patented brewing technology that's loved by coffee enthusiasts worldwide, this compact and easy-to-use device can produce cold brew, espresso style, and more. Made in the USA from high-quality materials, the AeroPress Original is built to last and perfect for coffee lovers on the go. Say goodbye to your French press and hello to the best coffee of your life. Order your AeroPress Original today!

aeropress-coffee-maker-p20-1480_medium.jpg
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Still swear by the mola pot for a fraction of the price with some decent quality coffee. Or Aeropress, might try one of those soon to compare

You looking for an espresso machine or something with a decent frother? I think quality frother sets you back a good bit
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Still swear by the mola pot for a fraction of the price with some decent quality coffee. Or Aeropress, might try one of those soon to compare

You looking for an espresso machine or something with a decent frother? I think quality frother sets you back a good bit
                                                                                                            Yep an espresso machine. My Gaggia Kubika is about to pack in. I don't use the frother but my wife does.

I bought an Aeropress for work and while the coffee is good, I found it too much of a faff.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I'm assuming you had delta.
                                                                                                              Haven’t a clue, pretty sure I got it from someone who came back from the UK so hard to know.

Comment

Yep an espresso machine. My Gaggia Kubika is about to pack in. I don't use the frother but my wife does.

I bought an Aeropress for work and while the coffee is good, I found it too much of a faff.
                                                                                                                Very important the water is poured in anti clockwise and never clockwise, and when agitating i find south tho north rather than north to south...
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Very important the water is poured in anti clockwise and never clockwise, and when agitating i find south tho north rather than north to south...
                                                                                                                  With the Aeropress do you mean?

Comment

Negative antigen for me today, but the wife's showed what seemed to be a very very faint line on the T.

Funking hard for the 7 year old to be the last one in the house with it rather than the first.
                                                                                                                    Nope. Four year old just tested positive.

Comment

Herself just pinged a positive antigen, I'm in the clear for now. She went to bed with a sore throat and woke up feeling worse today. She's grand other than that and a cough.

We visited friends on the 25th, the wife and baby are both positive today. On the 24th we had a few friends and family over. Everyone had negative tests on the day.

Comment

It's crazy to think of the total outlier reversal.

It seems now it's difficult to find people who've totally avoided it.

​​​​

Comment

It's crazy to think of the total outlier reversal.

It seems now it's difficult to find people who've totally avoided it.

​​​​
                                                                                                                          So far so good in the avoidance stakes. Did an antigen late Christmas night before hitting the road on Stephens morning to see parents and have poker and pints in the local.

Won the poker too for a nice little bonus. In Clare now to see herself family after negative antigens this morning. Are yas all out licking each others faces up there or wha

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X