X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Non Sequitor

Just curious how this relates to my beautifully worded post about stuff!
    It was more related to HJ's post you quoted, on what the logical approach would be.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Collie are you ok m8? Do you need a hug? You seem very off.
    Pretty sure I'm more ok than I've been in decades. Could always do with extra hugs though
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
        Why the massive urgency to get tested? Someone above saying their Mum had a PCR and Antigen negative but looking to go again as they don't believe it. To what end? I don't get it. There is no medicine that you get when positive so just stay home if you're sick?

Lao Lao why so many PCR and Antigen tests? Did you have symptoms or just looking for piece of mind? Seems a bit mad to do so many tests?

This reporting of the case numbers is really fucking pissing me off now. When are we going to stop reporting, on the national fucking news, that Johnny Jimmy and Joe are at home with mild cold symptoms. Report hospital and ICU sure but with huge vaccination numbers who cares about cases?

Anyway. Happy fucking Christmas ye cunts. First one with our baby girl. Still think wimmins sport is shite.
        I was a close contact so there was a requirement (according to the regulations) to do 3 antigen tests over 5 days.

Three of my mates were close contacts (separate case) and each of them did a couple of antigen tests which came back negative only to then get symptoms and test positive (they were isolating so didn't pick it up elsewhere in the meantime)

I have my Dad for Christmas so I was always going to do a PCR test on the 23rd/24th regardless but with being a close contact and the way friends testing history went, I did more than necessary purely out of peace of mind / paranoia, probably more the latter than the former to be honest.

The aul lad is frail as fuck. He's already been back in A&E earlier this month after he had another mini stroke after gettimg word of his sister dying and even though he's had all three jabs, I wouldn't fancy his odds if he caught Covid, again could be more paranoia on my part, but I'd never forgive myself if I was the one who gave it to him and the outcome was bad so my nostrils took one for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Which is very true and....drumroll....tremendously good news.

Go Omicron.
          It’s good news for the severity of omicron.
          But not really great news for the effectiveness of the vaccines at providing any sort of immunity.
          And with natural recovery immunity being unknown time span. Who knows if it will get under control. Could be a constantly shifting cohort of 100k each week picking it up each week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            I’m not sure I get the point you are making. Not all tests on a given day can be reported on that day. So some spill over. The backlog are cases that weren’t reported yesterday, if they had if been the cases yesterday would have been much higher. Either way it’s going to be a 50k for the week.
            To be fair, the point he was making was extremely simple - if there was a backlog, just state it. He wasn't giving out because there was a backlog or anything.

Comment

Some absolute fucking arsehole robbed my extra green bin at 4am.
              We have two due to the amount of cardboard, plastic and paper waste generated by medical supplies.
              The missus posted pics and details on the local fb page and the neighbours leapt into action tracking our klepto binman all across the estate and just got word it was semi burnt out about 5 streets over.
              Part of me feels it was burnt out because of the Facebook Post.
              I imagine he was sent out by his weapon of a wife to get a bin for all the wrapping.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

It’s good news for the severity of omicron.
                But not really great news for the effectiveness of the vaccines at providing any sort of immunity.
                And with natural recovery immunity being unknown time span. Who knows if it will get under control. Could be a constantly shifting cohort of 100k each week picking it up each week.
                Cases are irrelevant if nobody gets hospitalised. Remember herd immunity? It's back.

Open the pubs. Merry Christmas all.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                  I always thought this was a jokey thing with Dom. Are you actually having dinner now? WTF.
                  11pm is on the late side alright, second time this week we ate at that time. Normally between 9 and 10pm.

Kinda forced into it with the kids, ideally I'd like to eat at 8pm.

Typical night is like this.

I get in a little after 6. Kids eating their dinner then. We probably could eat then but I enjoy eating too much.

Play with the kids until bedtime 7.30 - 8. I bring the two eldest up, takes about 30/40 mins.

Wife can be an hour or 90 mins sitting with the baby.

If she's cooked something we'll eat as soon as she comes down, around 9pm.

If I'm cooking I may be only starting at 8.30, so dinner could be around 10pm.

I love that time of my day though, Creedon on the radio, chopping onions, pans sizzling. I'd have to sacrifice it to eat dinner at Domtime.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I fuckin hate people who vaper, inconsiderate assholes.
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Cases are irrelevant if nobody gets hospitalised. Remember herd immunity? It's back.

Open the pubs. Merry Christmas all.
                      Omicron has only taken hold here inside the last ten days, UK about four or five days ahead of us. Most of the signals are positive but I suppose it will be another ten before we can expect a confident answer to that question.
                      I'm confident that there will be a big shift in policy then. the medics will never say let it rip but government can and will do it when it is expedient to.

There is one young lad I know in his early thirties fit and healthy in a really bad way today, they are trying to get him to hospital into this morning, timing and mild symptoms amongst rest of his family would suggest omicron but delta hasn't gone away.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Happy Christmas.

Now do a drunk test later . Try to say Irish Wristwatch fast 3 times if you can. Have another beer .

Comment

Happy Christmas to all, you're not the worst bunch of bolloxes to be fair!

Comment

WoT is a terrible terrible show. Waste of production money and completely made a hash of the whole thing. I am a fan of the books, but that is well avoided
                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              WoT is a terrible terrible show. Waste of production money and completely made a hash of the whole thing. I am a fan of the books, but that is well avoided
                              Hey man, hope everything is OK with you today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Hey man, hope everything is OK with you today.
                                All good... Christmas dinner was excellent, just was a little narked this morning

Comment

it's a shit book series also to be fair

Comment

All good... Christmas dinner was excellent, just was a little narked this morning
                                    Ah great stuff. Happy Christmas bro

Comment

Ah great stuff. Happy Christmas bro
                                      I guess you are doing the christmas dinner around 8 or so?

Comment

I guess you are doing the christmas dinner around 8 or so?
                                        Haha, no, I just finished it 30 mins ago for breakfast.

Comment

All bar the seven year old back negative. Haven't heard about her yet. She's the one with the positive antigen.

Comment

The power of the dog is a great film, top drawer stuff from everyone concerned. Might have been worth a trip to the cinema might even go to see it again there.

Comment

All bar the seven year old back negative. Haven't heard about her yet. She's the one with the positive antigen.
                                              Just got the text now to say she's positive. I'm assuming we should all test again in a few days time?

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

To be fair, the point he was making was extremely simple - if there was a backlog, just state it. He wasn't giving out because there was a backlog or anything.
                                                I get that but it’s the number of new confirmed cases. Backlog doesn’t change that.

For every yesterday backlog case in today’s count. There’s a case from today that’s not counted until tomorrow.

Comment

Just got the text now to say she's positive. I'm assuming we should all test again in a few days time?
                                                  Ah shit Laz. I think the advice is to isolate, and do antigen’s on day 1, 3 and 5. Today being day 1.

Might vary when it’s a kid. HSE will be in touch I guess.

Comment

Had some small horse (already winner) + Malan top English batsman doubles going in the 50/60-1 range. Bet365 gave me some nice cashout options at ~20/1 so I took these and have, probably foolishly, reinvested in Asterion Forlonges for the KG tomorrow. Left the outright bets running at 8/1.

Lobster for breakfast if this works out.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The rules changed such that if you are all close contacts with the one who is positive you are all supposed to self isolate regardless of whether you’re positive or not. If you’re boostered it’s 5 days if not then it’s 10.

Comment

Managed to keep the family tradition of having a nasty fight on xmas day alive. At least it was only verbal and relatively sober this time.

Comment

Good luck RD...jesus if it wasnt for Kicking King we be fairly barren in the KG...must be due

Comment

Time for the greatest Christmas movie of all time... Die Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                              Managed to keep the family tradition of having a nasty fight on xmas day alive. At least it was only verbal and relatively sober this time.
                                                              Loose deets for a nosy fucker?

Comment

That on TV?

Comment

Loose deets for a nosy fucker?
                                                                  Ah I brought up something that had bothered me since the early 80's. I asked one of my sisters not to sing along to Joni Mitchell as I am certain she is tone deaf. Probably could have said it better, or at some other time, but there you go.

Comment

That on TV?
                                                                    Dunno... Sister is streaming it.

Comment

Lol, currently watching it also. About 80 minutes in

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Lol, currently watching it also. About 80 minutes in
                                                                        Get me the F B I .

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Ah I brought up something that had bothered me since the early 80's. I asked one of my sisters not to sing along to Joni Mitchell as I am certain she is tone deaf. Probably could have said it better, or at some other time, but there you go.
                                                                          Fuck it. You've been waiting since the 80s.

You can't carry that shit to the grave.

Comment

Ah theres nothing worse than a tone deaf fucker belting it out. I worked with a lad who would insist on karaoke on work nights out and every time he’d absolutely murder Careless Whisper.

and tbh, I kind of enjoyed the spectacle.

that said, if you tell the person who is awful that they are awful, you are the cunt, you are right. But you are the cunt.

Merry Christmas Collie! Haha
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                              Ah theres nothing worse than a tone deaf fucker belting it out. I worked with a lad who would insist on karaoke on work nights out and every time he’d absolutely murder Careless Whisper.

and tbh, I kind of enjoyed the spectacle.

that said, if you tell the person who is awful that they are awful, you are the cunt, you are right. But you are the cunt.

Merry Christmas Collie! Haha
                                                                              QFT for every sentence there. So relatable

Comment

Play with the kids until bedtime 7.30 - 8. I bring the two eldest up, takes about 30/40 mins.
                                                                                I need to get back into that habit of playing with the kids. Always seem to be far too tired, and often view them as an irritance or something to be handled. They're not, of course, it's me. Must work on that. Fair play on you, that's golden time.

What do you do, out of curiosity. Play boardgames, chat away to them, watch things together, that type of thing?
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I need to get back into that habit of playing with the kids. Always seem to be far too tired, and often view them as an irritance or something to be handled. They're not, of course, it's me. Must work on that. Fair play on you, that's golden time.

What do you do, out of curiosity. Play boardgames, chat away to them, watch things together, that type of thing?
                                                                                  Just hang out with them really, they love climbing onto me, doing horsey. Love putting on loud music and dancing with them.

Don't get me wrong though, there are plenty of occasions when I need to get away from them too

They've just interrupted me posting this to go play Twister. Yay.

Comment

Just took the hound for an extended wander in St Annes. Such a shame Leops is closed to the public as it would be the most glorious day for racing.

Two thoughts:
                                                                                    1. jumping may not be at such a premium today as the sun is blindingly low so that multiple jumps may well be omitted
                                                                                    2. the ground got sone wetting yesterday and is tacky on top, dry below which might throw up some funky results
                                                                                    I've backed Mare Quimby e/w at 16s in the 1.45 (she owes me money ).

Comment

Fair play YouTube...combining 2 of my favorite hobbies....

This too shall pass.

Comment

We are in the Goldilocks zone for letting it rip.

Coffin dodgers have just had their boosters topped up and there is a mild variant doing the rounds by all accounts.

Remove all restrictions, stop testing and deal with the sick people as they present, as if it were a normal winter flu doing the rounds.

Any unvaxxed presenting for treatment for advanced Covid should be shipped to a remote island off the West Coast where they can fight it out among themselves.
                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          Good luck RD...jesus if it wasnt for Kicking King we be fairly barren in the KG...must be due
                                                                                          Gashballs. Don't think he would have won if he hadn't fallen at the last but would have been nice to find out!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            Had some small horse (already winner) + Malan top English batsman doubles going in the 50/60-1 range. Bet365 gave me some nice cashout options at ~20/1 so I took these and have, probably foolishly, reinvested in Asterion Forlonges for the KG tomorrow. Left the outright bets running at 8/1.

Lobster for breakfast if this works out.
                                                                                            Don't think it was going to pass the winner anyway

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Fair play YouTube...combining 2 of my favorite hobbies....

Wine and perving

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Don't think it was going to pass the winner anyway
                                                                                                Probably not. Take out the 25/1 stablemate and he can win as he likes! Annoying to call one almost perfect for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Wine and perving
                                                                                                  DIY videos and touching myself...if she cooked a brisket at the end it would have been perfect.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Just copped it's Wren's day today, Hunting The Wren day. Wren is our one year old's name.

For the day that's in it..

Comment

Just copped it's Wren's day today, Hunting The Wren day. Wren is our one year old's name.

For the day that's in it..

My Sisters kid is Wren too born on Christmas Eve 2 years ago. Missed the celebrations as my sister tested positive
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

DIY videos and touching myself...if she cooked a brisket at the end it would have been perfect.
                                                                                                        You would probably be back in ICU with the over-stimulation.

Comment

Mother has headache, no smell, runny nose, awful taste in her mouth. Antigen and PCR both negative (last Saturday).

It surely has to be covid doesn’t it? She’s trying to get in for another test but seems to be problematic.
                                                                                                          Whole family riddled this morning.

Red lines everywhere.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Whole family riddled this morning.

Red lines everywhere.
                                                                                                            It's insane how rampant it is.

Comment

Sister and brother in law were in the leaba last night at 1am. Out walking in parks this morning.

Normally on Xmas night the three of us are up until about 6am getting absolutely fucked. It's a family tradition at this stage.

I wasn't there last night. Always thought the sister in law was the bad influence.

Comment

Finally tested negative on the Antigen today ahead of release tomorrow​​​​​​…

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                  Finally tested negative on the Antigen today ahead of release tomorrow​​​​​​…
                                                                                                                  Good man Joe. Are you heading home?

Comment

Looking for a dealer for a home game on the 28th (in Dublin). Anyone know where I could ask? Anyone have a number for JP?

(GAB gave me a number before but she's not feeling 100% so can't do it)

Comment

Cheggers sister now dead . Janice Long DJ. Both Siblings gone young enough .

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                        Looking for a dealer for a home game on the 28th (in Dublin). Anyone know where I could ask? Anyone have a number for JP?

(GAB gave me a number before but she's not feeling 100% so can't do it)
                                                                                                                        I can ask a few people if you don't get sorted

Comment

IMG_20211226_123908428.jpg IMG_20211226_123738187.jpg IMG_20211226_123807512.jpg

Some christmas boozing.

Was lucky to have 3 bottles of Hibiki gifted to me from guys coming over from Japan. It is just out of this world good. I'm not normally a whiskey fan but this is smooth, neat, hits you with a tobacco and the floral tastes after. Pairs incredibly well with marlboro lights. Best spirit i've ever had.

The Barr Hill gin vaults all the way to my #2 spot for favourite gin ever. It's lucious, sweet and coats your tongue like I imagine how J.Lo tastes. Had it neat, g&t's. Not sure if you can get it in Ireland but it's worth seeking out.

The Mojave gin is false advertising, Owned by a massive retailer and just threw some marketing hype on a dry gin. not worth it, but my friends liked it so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X