This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
    A few people need to have a look at themselves here. How could Sam not feel bullied by some of the smart replies and back slapping going on? Two worst offenders are HJ and RD3. There is a way to disagree with someone without being a smart cunt, have a bit of respect for people. Why act differently on here than you would in real life? .
    As you know I am a genial and polite person in real life. But I have to say if I met anyone spouting this crap in a real world setting, I probably would unload on them.

In any case, Jbrav is maintaining his usual pattern here:
    1. Spout absolute drivel
    2. Get called on it
    3. Start throwing around increasing wild and absurd argumentation ('extermination of the unvaxxed being the latest)
    4. Play the victim card
    5. Storm off in a huff
    et voila:
    Originally posted by AlwaysPunting2021 View Post
    Now leave me the fuck alone. You pack of fucking bullies.
    Pretty clear that he thinks everyone who disagrees with him (which in here, on this topic, is literally everyone) is a 'bully'.

Kayroo dissected him in his usual forensic fashion and he just can't handle it.
    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 08-12-21, 12:03.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

By the way, I'm not questioning the sincerity of his beliefs. You can sense how incredulous he is that everyone doesn't accept his argumentation as fact.

So he's sincere. But also 100% deluded wrong.

Comment

This is the type of bullshit that Putin has to put up with also. From Raoul.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If you aren't a cricket playing Israeli who likes shooting Palestinian kids, you just aren't safe around here.

Comment

I just don't see why "deluded" and "drivel" have to be used. This a place full of sound people, you included IRL, so why be cunts?

There is some merit in Sam's questions about the endless boosters and un-vaxxed being "segregated". I'll be first in line for all boosters or whatever but I can see the POV.

Comment

I just don't see why "deluded" and "drivel" have to be used. This a place full of sound people, you included IRL, so why be cunts?
              That's not being a cunt. It's factual - it is drivel.

Like if I sat at a poker table with you and I start telling you that 9/11 was a Jewish plot and that all the Jews working in the WTC were texted the night before and told not to come in. Would you politely nod your head?

Comment

I don't get the 'endless booster' thing at all. When I was living in Dublin I got the flu every year for about four years in a row, badly laid out for a week with it. The fourth year while at the GP she asked me why the fuck I wasn't getting the flu jab every year since I seem to be prone to it and tbh I didn't even know the flu jab existed. I now take it every year and no longer get the flu. In the exact same way, I will get a covid booster the minute I can and will continue to get them as often as I can or am told I should because why the fuck would I want covid?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  I don't get the 'endless booster' thing at all. When I was living in Dublin I got the flu every year for about four years in a row, badly laid out for a week with it. The fourth year while at the GP she asked me why the fuck I wasn't getting the flu jab every year since I seem to be prone to it and tbh I didn't even know the flu jab existed. I now take it every year and no longer get the flu. In the exact same way, I will get a covid booster the minute I can and will continue to get them as often as I can or am told I should because why the fuck would I want covid?
                  Told by by who the ceo of a pharma company. Mike Ryan has said it makes no sense rolling out widespread booster shots to people that are not vulnerable. He is the executive director of the who. I’m guessing you are early mid 30s but want to get jabbed as often as they allow that’s your peroggative. In bed currently after positive antigen test and pcr result should come soon shivery sure it will be positive. Would prefer natural immunity then endless boosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Told by by who the ceo of a pharma company. Mike Ryan has said it makes no sense rolling out widespread booster shots to people that are not vulnerable. He is the executive director of the who. I’m guessing you are early mid 30s but want to get jabbed as often as they allow that’s your peroggative. In bed currently after positive antigen test and pcr result should come soon shivery sure it will be positive. Would prefer natural immunity then endless boosters.
                    His point was more about supply to impoverished nations if I recall correctly.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Mike Ryan said we should send our vaccines to people in poorer countries before giving them to less vulnerable people who are already jabbed in Ireland, because those people are more at risk than we are. Get well soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Did you also see Leo’s speech in which he admitted that deaths were reported differently in Ireland some patients they just guessed had Covid he says it not a conspiracy.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-12-21, 12:42.

Comment

Mike Ryan said we should send our vaccines to people in poorer countries before giving them to less vulnerable people who are already jabbed in Ireland, because those people are more at risk than we are. Get well soon.
                          I’m fine have had worse hangovers double jabbed still get the disease

Comment

https://twitter.com/OwenFlannery/sta...D_3Cx7AcQ&s=08. Now anyone that watches that and still says you believe have faith in this government I feel sorry for you.

Comment

Just on bus after physio in Poynton Spinal Care clinic.
                              Eye watering cost but hopefully worth it.

Had chronic inflammation along spine after an injury back in June. Vertabrae slipped forward on to the one below a bit.

Back pain be a bitch.

Comment

In fairness I believe that was always common knowledge. We were discussing same ad nauseum in the early months of the pandemic when the UK were claiming very low numbers of deaths based on taking the opposite approach.

I have no hesitation saying there's elements of the ongoing response to Covid that I'm not happy about - hysteria, scaremongering, nonsensical restrictions etc. To me that's separate to the vaccine question. Although I can see why someone might be fucked off if they perceive they're being bullied about it, not wanting to actually take it seems daft to me. I'd take a vaccine against hangovers if I could get one too.

Comment

Of course, but the flu vaccine is not mandatory.

Comment

You recall incorrectly he clearly says no evidence that he is aware of boosting a healthy population is going to necessarily provide any greater protection for otherwise healthy individuals against hospiisation or death. There is a real risk for people with underlying conditions. Nothing about impoverished country’s? https://twitter.com/Michael37822549/...143052807?s=20
                                    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-21, 13:02.

Comment

Of course, but the flu vaccine is not mandatory.
                                      Well, neither is the Covid vaccine right? You just can't go into pubs. Solks made a good comparison up the thread when someone asked why don't we ban smoking since that sends more people to ICU than covid - and he correctly pointed out we did ban ban smoking inside pubs, gyms etc.

I don't think there's much point to mandating the vaccine anyway. Something like 93% of eligible adults have taken it, how many of the rest are going to give in over a mandate and what will it gain you? Will getting to 96% make a huge difference? IDK, but I guess probably not.

Comment

I think people can disagree with something, point out that it’s completely incorrect, in pretty blunt terms - without needing to drop in insults and personal so attacks.

I also think that Sam should dial back the subtle jab regarding wealth and class.

Sam, I replied a few times in the past. I‘ve read the documents you post in the past, and replied with a fairly detailed debunking. You just ignored the errors and move on to the next hypothetical.
                                        The last day you posted you asked not to be referenced, then return trying to engage. Come on, what are you looking for? To want discussion, information or just people to agree and talk about the evil men running the government and industry?

FWIW I’m not ok with forced vaccinations. I
                                        think people should be making their own choices.

I’m also not ok with people wanting choices without consequences. Actions have consequences.

In order to make choices, people need have information. Which is why I have a problem with people spreading misinformation because it directly harms people. Anyone spreading misinformation intentionally, in other words they are wilfully lying, is an absolute cunt. No two ways about it.
                                        But that’s only a small portion of people, most people spreading half truth and misinformation are doing so unintentionally. They are not bad people. They are doing it from a good place of misguided compassion. Others simply anti authority. It’s not black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Like if I sat at a poker table with you and I start telling you that 9/11 was a Jewish plot and that all the Jews working in the WTC were texted the night before and told not to come in. Would you politely nod your head?
                                          I’d roll my eyes
                                          if you started talking about Ghislaine maxwell and Epstein and links to Mossad, honey traps and blackmail of politicians id be all ears though.
                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

One month ago

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                            51 years old and healthy thank providence. Fully vaccinated and won't be doing a booster shot. Those doses should be distributed to people living in low-income countries. Booster shots to the fully vaxxed healthy is not going to make any significant difference to spread rates.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

It’s pretty expensive is the big problem unless they manage to crack long term immunity.

I imagine once effective treatments come online it will move to boosters for old, at risk and healthcare workers with the option the rest of us to buy it if we want.

Comment

If boosters are advised annually or whatever because it is still something circulating at a highly infectious rate and has the capacity to cause harm to me or others, then I'll continue to take it when I can. Obviously.

As for incarcerating or killing the refuseniks, can we perhaps start with the likes of Gemtrails and her buddies and see how we get on?

Comment

Like all coronaviruses Covid 19 will evolve into a harmless common cold in time.

There may well be a dozen booster jabs until then.

​​​​​​Thankfully enough of the population understand that taking a vaccine is an act of collectivism.

There's a portion of the hesitant that just don't really grasp that, and aren't selfish as such. Then there's the ultra USA style individualist anti vaxxers that need to be fired into space with a giant gat, because they're cunts.

I'd put Sam and Mick in the former group fwiw.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

A few people need to have a look at themselves here. How could Sam not feel bullied by some of the smart replies and back slapping going on? Two worst offenders are HJ and RD3. There is a way to disagree with someone without being a smart cunt, have a bit of respect for people. Why act differently on here than you would in real life? HJ you wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life yet you act like some sort of keyboard warrior on here, what gives?

As much as I disagree with Sam on this issue I don't think someone questioning the consequences of not being vaxxed is a "crazed looney". Is the reason for the segregation to protect the health service? Is there not a huge amount more people clogging that up with smoking related illness? Should they be forced to quit smoking or face segregation? Genuine question that I am struggling with.
                                                    This is absolute nonsense tbh, I think people were actually way too polite here because everyone has a soft spot for Sam. I didn't say anything I wouldn't happily say in real life.

Comment

This song reminds me of the world at the moment

Comment

I got bad enough side effects from my 2nd jab. Now that I've had Covid I won't be getting a booster.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          I got bad enough side effects from my 2nd jab. Now that I've had Covid I won't be getting a booster.
                                                          What if your Covid Pass is revoked unless you get the booster?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

it's the extermination he should be more worried about imo

Comment

I guess I'll drink outside with the lepers and the weirdos? Might consider a dose of something else but defo not getting Pfizer again.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I love a former/latter confusion. I often get them wrong myself.

Comment

Just unlucky you didn't get the booster in time Mick

Comment

Sickpuppy rant...
                                                                    TLDR GFYSL

Comment

If anyone's interested here's a paper on psychological characteristics associate with Covid vaccine hesitancy and resistance, one third of the participants of which were from Ireland.

In the Irish sample, the combined vaccine hesitant and resistant group differed most pronouncedly from the vaccine acceptance group on the following psychological variables: lower levels of trust in scientists (d = 0.51), health care professionals (d = 0.45), and the state (d = 0.31); more negative attitudes toward migrants (d’s ranged from 0.27 to 0.29); lower cognitive reflection (d = 0.25); lower levels of altruism (d’s ranged from 0.17 to 0.24); higher levels of social dominance (d = 0.22) and authoritarianism (d = 0.14); higher levels of conspiratorial (d = 0.21) and religious (d = 0.20) beliefs; lower levels of the personality trait agreeableness (d = 0.15); and higher levels of internal locus of control (d = 0.14).

When comparing the three groups in the Irish sample, the vaccine resistant group differed from the vaccine hesitant group in terms of higher levels of conspiracy beliefs (η2 = 0.02), and lower levels of trust in scientists (η2 = 0.06), health care professionals (η2 = 0.05), and the state (η2 = 0.03).
                                                                      Just on this. I realised something last year for the first time. I read scientific papers and can understand the data and results because I was trained in science, but most people aren't and couldn't understand the results section of an academic paper. Which isn't to say they couldn't read the conclusions or abstract and get some info, but do people not trained in science actually read scientific papers?

I realised it when reading up on studies relating to a genetic thing that runs in one side of my family that I had a 50/50 shot at having which can lead to early onset cancer (I binked the not having it). As I was reading papers about its effects I realised that I was the only one from that extended side of the family who would be able to afaik. I had never thought about it before.

Being able to access, read, and understand scientific papers and having the grounding of having studied science methodology makes such a big difference. I don't necessarily trust news reported findings of a study that seem surprising to me. I go and read the scientific paper for myself, and do so with knowledge about ways in which it might not be a methodologically sound study.

How people who don't have the ability to do that, due to randomly having a different background, have trust in news reported results of studies is an interesting question to me. And if you add in not understanding how science works / not having clear ideas of epistemology and what constitutes good sources of knowledge / lack of trust generally then it's such a big ask to expect people to believe things that may cause difficulty.
                                                                      Last edited by hotspur; 08-12-21, 15:45.

Comment

I don't think the third shot is causing anything like the same types of side effects as that horrific second one. Doesn't seem to be causing any side effects on purely anecdotal evidence.

Comment

Enjoyed it over the last few days. Haven't enjoyed Sam feeling he is being bullied but think he's thinking that it is worse than it is. Not sure what he expects bringing them views in here.

If ~93% of the adult population are Vaxxed. He's part of that 7%. Of the 7% there is a percentage that is not vaxxed on some sort of medical grounds and of the smaller percentage of Non Vax / Anti Vaxxers i doubt many have reached the conclusion that the gas chamber may be coming out for the Unvaxxed. Challenging the views of this forum which on the face of it has some very well educated people is only going to end this way. Real sense of crippling paranoia there and i genuinely hope he is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            Like all coronaviruses Covid 19 will evolve into a harmless common cold in time.

There may well be a dozen booster jabs until then.

​​​​​​Thankfully enough of the population understand that taking a vaccine is an act of collectivism.

There's a portion of the hesitant that just don't really grasp that, and aren't selfish as such. Then there's the ultra USA style individualist anti vaxxers that need to be fired into space with a giant gat, because they're cunts.

I'd put Sam and Mick in the former group fwiw.
                                                                            I get that you're trying to be nice but Bravado is the ultimate example of your "USA style individualist anti vaxxer". I think it's actually mental he is still allowed to post considering the misinformation and outright lies he is peddling. Could be dangerous for someone with a fragile mind reading it if they went down that rabbit hole.

Tbf to mick, he has his vaccine so I'd have him in the hesitatmt category for dose 3 alright.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I get that you're trying to be nice but Bravado is the ultimate example of your "USA style individualist anti vaxxer". I think it's actually mental he is still allowed to post considering the misinformation and outright lies he is peddling. Could be dangerous for someone with a fragile mind reading it if they went down that rabbit hole.

Tbf to mick, he has his vaccine so I'd have him in the hesitatmt category for dose 3 alright.
                                                                              Yeah, we are strangely tolerant of someone actively trying to kill people through misinformation.

Comment

Anyway the idea that this place is some kind of hive mind echo chamber is hilarious.

Comment

Small sample size obviously but I got bad enough side effects from 2nd jab, and I've had my booster with no effects
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I just Googled Dublin weather to check tonight's wind to see when to out elderly aunt's bins. Popular Tweets come up in the results, one of which is from a certain DCU professor.

So that's where we are at folks. That's what you get when looking for reliable info about the weather. God help us looking for reliable info about anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Small sample size obviously but I got bad enough side effects from 2nd jab, and I've had my booster with no effects
                                                                                      Other than a sore arm for a day or so I had no side effects of either of my first 2 doses of pfizer, and no one in my family did either afaik.

Comment

Ahh, where did Sickpuppys Hall of Fame rant on Lazare go. I enjoyed it.

Comment

One of my sisters and her daughter are down the big Pharma conspiracy route . One thing to note .Pharmas didnt need covid , they are already making millions. Do people really think the boards are meeting regularly thinking of how to exploit the virus with substandard vaccines. Surely product pride will prevent this at the absolute minimum. These companies take pride in the quality of what they produce. There is always a competitor waiting for a slip up.

Back to the sister, she fell out with the family as she was adamant my mother shouldn't get vaccinated. I told her to GTFO. She said a few of us were culpable if she died. She has gone crazy. No amount of debunking will convince her. On here I reply off the top of my head but for her I've sent her factual data. She has basically cut herself off from the rest of her siblings . Crazy stuff . If anything she is the bully .

I lay the blame on social media . Logic makes zero sense to them. It's the age old big pharma , elitist, etc obvious targets .

I do have some bones with big multinationals however for Covid they are necessary as they have hired the talent.

Comment

Anyway the idea that this place is some kind of hive mind echo chamber is hilarious.
                                                                                            I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              I love a former/latter confusion. I often get them wrong myself.
                                                                                              Looks like I missed a post from Mick. Now deleted. Thought you were just having a laugh with me.

Did Mick get the former/latter mixed and think I wanted him fired into space?

I Mick

Comment

Looks like I missed a post from Mick. Now deleted. Thought you were just having a laugh with me.

Did Mick get the former/latter mixed and think I wanted him fired into space?

I Mick
                                                                                                lol he went off on you big time

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

This is absolute nonsense tbh, I think people were actually way too polite here because everyone has a soft spot for Sam. I didn't say anything I wouldn't happily say in real life.
                                                                                                  Can confirm. HJ in real life is exactly as he is online.

Take from that what you will.
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Ahh, where did Sickpuppys Hall of Fame rant on Lazare go. I enjoyed it.
                                                                                                    Bollox to being busy at work. Dying to read that.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

lol he went off on you big time
                                                                                                      Ah gimme the cliffs.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Can confirm. HJ in real life is exactly as he is online.

Take from that what you will.
                                                                                                        I'm going to get this framed!

Comment

It is a bit of a sausage fest though.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I went to see House of Gucci recently - absolutely terrible. Awful cast, badly written plot. The accents are embarrassing - why on earth they didn't cast more Italian actors is beyond me. Al Pacino, Jared Leto & Jeremy Irons (who I normally love) give some of the worst performances I've ever seen.

I watched Jeremy Irons in Reversal of Fortune recently, which is great. Ron Silver is amazing in it.

Comment

Ah gimme the cliffs.

​​​​​
                                                                                                              He challenged you to a duel; you each get to throw 6 syringes full of Pfizer at each other from 10 paces.

Winner is the one who develops the coolest side effects.

Comment

Good Egg ≠ Rotten Egg

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

If that was the case we would have banned Hitch years ago
                                                                                                                  Personally, I'm of the opinion banning anyone for a dissenting viewpoint (no matter how universally derided) is a bad idea.
                                                                                                                  Obviously there are limits there but your garden variety tin foil enthusiast isn't at risk of the ban hammer.

Comment

If that was the case we would have banned Hitch years ago
                                                                                                                    Personally, I'm of the opinion banning anyone for a dissenting viewpoint (no matter how universally derided) is a bad idea.
                                                                                                                    Obviously there are limits there but your garden variety tin foil enthusiast isn't at risk of the ban hammer.
                                                                                                                    There are some cases where removing a dissenting voice is a good idea. Doing it here is not one of them. The place isn't exactly populated by the irrational and the easily fooled. If a bad idea is put out there then people call it out as a bad idea (see: everything Hitch has ever said). People also do this with some degree of skill, taking an argument apart where needed or simply calling it as it is on occasion. It might be justifiable to keep bad actors or bad ideas away from vulnerable or naively receptive audiences but neither of those exist here, on the whole.
                                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Guest , Mick fwiw, I think you're one of the soundest, wittiest all round good craic guys on here. You're always good value, and prob first in line if I was to choose someone to go on the lash with.

I'm totally fine with you calling me a cunt now and then, it's healthy.

Comment

I think we should ban Strewel for pooh-poohing Succession

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                          I think we should ban Strewel for pooh-poohing Succession
                                                                                                                          I cant believe he is still allowed post here after the shower gel thing.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X