This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
    Quite the opposite to it being a class thing, only in rich countries with generous safety nets can people afford to be stupid enough to be anti vax

https://www.ft.com/content/2271a90c-...a-60e35ef678d2
    Did you read the article? I would not interpret those numbers in the way that headline implies.

Edit: The French are weirdos
    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 07-12-21, 21:06. Reason: The French are weirdos
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
      Wish whatever party is planning to put the un vaxxed in camps /exterminate them would go public with their plans so I can vote for them
      I would have had the furloughed bar workers building re-education camps in Roscommon or Sligo for yiz in the summer of last year. Thankfully for everyone I keep those kind of plans to myself, usually

Comment

This is a great little read.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Did you read the article? I would not interpret those numbers in the way that headline implies.

Edit: The French are weirdos
          Yes I read it, it's not an exact trend, within Europe some of the poorer countries have more hesitancy, but relatively speaking all of Europe is very wealthy.

Comment

Yes I read it, it's not an exact trend, within Europe some of the poorer countries have more hesitancy, but relatively speaking all of Europe is very wealthy.
            Ah, I'd worry about the quality of surveys done anywhere, but especially in poorer countries.

Comment

Going to see 'The Blue Shroud' at MoLI on Thursday. Not sure if there are places left, but looking forward to it. https://www.crowdcast.io/e/the-blue-shroud/register

Comment

I can't leave ye alone here for a few weeks without some drama, can I?
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysPunting2021 View Post
                  What about the emerging data that vaxxed are the overhelming majority in ICU, dying etc etc?
                  This is one of the following:

1. A complete lie.
                  2. An intentional misunderstanding of basic statistics.
                  3. A complete lie.
                  4. An innocent misreading of the statistics.
                  5. A com-pah-leeeeeeeet lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    I can't leave ye alone here for a few weeks without some drama, can I?
                    Well there's an easy solution to that. Stop fucking off. Please.

Comment

Ok, fair enough. What is the criteria for unbiased, without agended reporting?

What motivation do so many achievers within science and medicine have to be speaking out, what is their.nefarous intent. Perhaps more accredited than the punters I potentially have been duped by.

Again, strikes me that the corrosion of truth, journalistic principles, is half the battle here.

I have a theory for this.

For why you'll sometimes come accross a reputable person from a scientific field speaking out about vaccines. The mathematician Norman Fenton for instance.
                      My theory is they're disingenuous.

Covid mitigation has become a Right versus Left issue, a political issue. Those against Covid mitigation measures tend overwhelmly to be from the hard right.

We are deep into a culture war right now. Science, true science is seen by the right as the domain of the left. It's to be attacked.

So bad faith 'science' and data is pushed, as a disingenuous attack and swallowed by vulnerable minds.

Two people on here who have shown a distaste for the socially left are jbravado and Sickpuppy. Both also on the same side of the Covid mitigation argument.

It all stems back to a deep conservatism and a fear of change. The Left represents fast progressive societal change and it has stirred up a cyclone of subconscious fear in people. So the left in all it's guises needs to be dismantled. Lies, manipulation and bad faith science are fair game.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Not at all. Rich people have gotten richer over the course of the pandemic.
                        I've upgraded my Tuesday wine to Meerlust and I eat 48-month Comte for breakfast.

Just follow current events in Europe - the trend is all towards incentivizing people to get vaxxed as governments, and indeed the majority of society, start getting fed up with the disruption the anti-vaxxers are causing to health systems and society at large.

To personalise it for you:
                        • You refuse to get vaxxed
                        • You got covid and got so sick that you to be hospitalised.
                        • You're the epitome of a preventable case.

You're using up valuable resources that, if you had gotten vaxxed, could have been used to help someone in genuine medical need who wasn't being a fool and refusing to take a safe, effective vaccine.
                        There is a cost to your behaviours. At least recognise that.
                        Posh cunts
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Well there's an easy solution to that. Stop fucking off. Please.
                          Yeah, fair.

I want to break down JBrav's posts so much now. Like, every part of them is wrong. The facts are misconstrued, the statistics and medical views are badly interpreted, the logic is tortured and the argument style is almost wilfully poor.

I am a *huge* fan of JBrav but this just has to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I have a theory for this.

For why you'll sometimes come accross a reputable person from a scientific field speaking out about vaccines. The mathematician Norman Fenton for instance.
                            My theory is they're disingenuous.

Covid mitigation has become a Right versus Left issue, a political issue. Those against Covid mitigation measures tend overwhelmly to be from the hard right.

We are deep into a culture war right now. Science, true science is seen by the right as the domain of the left. It's to be attacked.

So bad faith 'science' and data is pushed, as a disingenuous attack and swallowed by vulnerable minds.

Two people on here who have shown a distaste for the socially left are jbravado and Sickpuppy. Both also on the same side of the Covid mitigation argument.

It all stems back to a deep conservatism and a fear of change. The Left represents fast progressive societal change and it has stirred up a cyclone of subconscious fear in people. So the left in all it's guises needs to be dismantled. Lies, manipulation and bad faith science are fair game.
                            “True science” is no more the domain of the left Than the right, they are just as adept at backing bad faith science and ignoring truth when it doesn’t suit their beliefs.
                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

9pm email - schools open
                              10pm on Social Media - schools closed
                              Piss off ye cunts and make a decision ffs

Comment

I'm not suggesting I'd change his mind. I suspect that's simply not possible. But his posting/argument style is actually fascinating to me.

It's got a lot of conspiracy theory tropes. Denial of conflict while actively seeking conflict, appeals to absurdity, selective facts, denial of alternative facts or assimilation of contrary information into an existing belief system. Just flat out stating things as true which are demonstrably untrue. I deal with people who've been taking in by conspiratorial thinking quite a bit and it's a remarkable thing to see. Once you believe one conspiracy then you're happy to believe more. And when I say conspiracy I don't even mean tin-foil hat wearing stuff. I mean the belief that, despite a lack of evidence, you ascribe agency to a named (or unnamed) entity or force that is responsible for specific, otherwise explicable, events. A strong characteristic of this way of thinking is to assume that complicated events have single (albeit elaborate) explanations.

Comment

Shame we are talking about this nonsense when are getting a limited glimpse at the foothills of a proper cover up at the Ghislane Maxwell trial- pretty clear the Prince andrews and Clinton’s of the world don’t have much to fear from it

i see Poults and Rosey had an interesting mention at the Bjorn Oleson trial yesterday, poults handing out the Xanax
                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I'm not suggesting I'd change his mind. I suspect that's simply not possible. But his posting/argument style is actually fascinating to me.
                                    God be with the days when it was only the free men of the land, or whatever that was.

Comment

I simply dont have the energy to again explain why perhaps you should feel worried or at least ill at ease with governments mandating what you choose to.inject into your own body.

Please leave me out,of further referencing. Finding it hugely traumatic and upsetting.

Im the One unable.to access a gym. A pub. Society.

The arrogance and comfort of wealth. Nauseating.

Now leave me the fuck alone. You pack of fucking bullies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        9pm email - schools open
                                        10pm on Social Media - schools closed
                                        Piss off ye cunts and make a decision ffs
                                        That'll be the wind blowing the doors open and shut.

Hope it lands on open by 9 am .

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

“True science” is no more the domain of the left Than the right, they are just as adept at backing bad faith science and ignoring truth when it doesn’t suit their beliefs.
                                          Fair point actually. Was listening earlier to The Science of Sports's pod about the IOC's decision around trans and women's sports and yeah, you're right.

Comment

Yeah, fair.

I want to break down JBrav's posts so much now. Like, every part of them is wrong. The facts are misconstrued, the statistics and medical views are badly interpreted, the logic is tortured and the argument style is almost wilfully poor.

I am a *huge* fan of JBrav but this just has to stop.
                                            I vote , dont do this.

Comment

Bare in mind this is in a sense an echo chamber where all the prominent posters agree. If you were living where I was living, yogic community that viewed their experential reality as truth with any digital consumption not of their choice you would likely be the one feeling isolated or bullied. Etc etc
                                              I genuinely do not believe this is true, you will struggle to find a group of what are essentially randomers more open minded willing to have their minds changes by evidence.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Would you ever listen to yourself and cop the fuck on? Hysterical nonsense.
                                                The fact you can even suggest such nonsense shows us how divorced from reality you are here.
                                                Quite a common suggestion.

This guy totally comfortable equating the 'struggles' of the antivaxxer with 30s German Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I vote , dont do this.
                                                  As if any of you actually engaged with it. Its hours and hours long. All responses within minutes

You appreciate an academic understanding of being refused entry to shops, pubs, gyms, wider sociey in general is not living it. Have you any idea what its like?

Some of you will when eventually you realise these boosters will never be a thing that ends.

lazily.painting me a conspiracy theorist without engaging with any points i make.

Hostilty. Anger..hatred. fear.

But im.the one who has been hacked!??????

Sure fucking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I genuinely do not believe this is true, you will struggle to find a group of what are essentially randomers more open minded willing to have their minds changes by evidence.
                                                    You once told me I was a cunt for drinking Lavazza and I haven't bought it since.

Drink Illy now.

Comment

Sorry Sam. No desire to bully you. You're ascribing a lot of motivations there that are without much basis.

You don't have to keep reading these posts. You can leave and find peace elsewhere if you wish. I hope you give some thought to what people are saying though. FWIW I have read every word you've written here. It hasn't convinced me, although it may not have been trying to. I've seen the FDA post before also and as others have said - it's not what you described it as.

You have the capacity for incredible insight. I've seen that first hand and have benefited from it. If you decided to take a clean slate and consider the information again with a skeptical eye, I think you'd see that some of your conclusions don't stand up to scrutiny. I trust that you have the inquisitiveness and intelligence to achieve that.

The tone in here can be confrontational. A by-product of where the forum grew up and the nature of the people who populate it. Trust that there is benefit to skepticism and inquiry. You've got those skills. Don't let the tone of that inquisitorial spirit detract from its intention - to cut through to the truth of the discussion.

Comment

As if any of you actually engaged with it. Its hours and hours long. All responses within minutes

You appreciate an academic understanding of being refused entry to shops, pubs, gyms, wider sociey in general is not living it. Have you any idea what its like?

Some of you will when eventually you realise these boosters will never be a thing that ends.

lazily.painting me a conspiracy theorist without engaging with any points i make.

Hostilty. Anger..hatred. fear.

But im.the one who has been hacked!??????

Sure fucking thing.
                                                        I was trying to spare you some more apparent bullying as I'm thinking it is troubling you. So was trying to dissuade your argument being tore apart.

Believe me I've had hours of reading sent to be by similar to what you've linked . Good luck but for the record I dont see any bullying . A pet hate .

Comment

You once told me I was a cunt for drinking Lavazza and I haven't bought it since.

Drink Illy now.
                                                          Got caught short for coffee at home at weekend and only thing petrol station down the road had was a bag of Costa ground coffee- worst shit I’ve ever had -awful and I’m not a coffee snob at all- daily cup would be the Supervalu Java or Colombian 3 euro bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I was trying to spare you some more apparent bullying as I'm thinking it is troubling you. So was trying to dissuade your argument being tore apart.

Believe me I've had hours of reading sent to be by similar to what you've linked . Good luck but for the record I dont see any bullying . A pet hate .
                                                            I wouldn't do that to Sam. I think he struggles with people having a pop at his views here. I just find such a raw view quite interesting.

Comment

I met up with AlwaysPunting2021 a few weeks ago and he's top of the pops irl. I know many already know he is a great guy irl also. I wonder if maybe posting on a forum almost channels you towards one particular viewpoint that you are most passionate about at a particular moment, to the exclusion of your other interests, as we had a madly excellent wide-ranging conversation we had touching on just about everything under the world. Admittedly we were sitting outside in the cold November rain, but one can't have everything, and a good chat makes up for many minor inconveniences.
                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Have any of the conspiracy theorists theorised how the exterminations are going to be carried out? I'd vote for Damnatio ad bestias

Comment

In more interesting news, is anyone paying attention to the Turkish lira? It is really showing the downsides to hitches preferred style of government - down 40% this month against the dollar.

Turkey's currency is at an all-time low, as citizens rush to convert their savings. The fall-out of all this could make things difficult for President Erdogan.

Comment

Dearhs end of Dec 20 were 1.8M

5 .3M now

That's just the recorded ones of course.

Heart inflammation and various other nasty surprises.
                                                                    It attacks weakness.

Even. Seemingly. Healthy . People

Seat of my bollox

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      I met up with AlwaysPunting2021 a few weeks ago and he's top of the pops irl. I know many already know he is a great guy irl also. I wonder if maybe posting on a forum almost channels you towards one particular viewpoint that you are most passionate about at a particular moment, to the exclusion of your other interests, as we had a madly excellent wide-ranging conversation we had touching on just about everything under the world. Admittedly we were sitting outside in the cold November rain, but one can't have everything, and a good chat makes up for many minor inconveniences.
                                                                      It's called a session ffs!

Comment

You have quite rightly pointed out that it is each individuals choice to be vacinated or not, but like all choices there are consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post

You have quite rightly pointed out that it is each individuals choice to be vacinated or not, but like all choices there are consequences.
                                                                          The absolute irony being that he has actually been in a pub in the last week or 2. So I'm not sure why he said he cant go to one.

Comment

. Wont be responding again.
                                                                            That went well as usual

Comment

I simply dont have the energy to again explain why perhaps you should feel worried or at least ill at ease with governments mandating what you choose to.inject into your own body.

Please leave me out,of further referencing. Finding it hugely traumatic and upsetting.

The arrogance and comfort of wealth. Nauseating.

You did the same thing last time you posted. For whatever my shitty opinion is worth, I haven't seen any bullying. People are disagreeing with you and again, your toys are being thrown out the pram.

The fact you keep asking people to stop referencing you is laughable. You asked for that to happen yesterday or the day before and tbf as far as I could see, nobody mentioned you after that but then you just throw up a post without a true word in it that got deconstructed in the space of a few minutes and yet again you throw a strop.

I dont think we've met but anyone I do know speaks very highly of you. But if you genuinely want people to engage with you, you cant just have a tantrum any time someone disagrees with you. All.the best to you.

Comment

Ok, fair enough. What is the criteria for unbiased, without agended reporting?

What motivation do so many achievers within science and medicine have to be speaking out, what is their.nefarous intent. Perhaps more accredited than the punters I potentially have been duped by.

Again, strikes me that the corrosion of truth, journalistic principles, is half the battle here.
                                                                                What did you have for your tea m8?
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

In more interesting news, is anyone paying attention to the Turkish lira? It is really showing the downsides to hitches preferred style of government - down 40% this month against the dollar.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/1...urrency-crisis
                                                                                  wha?!!!!

My original research love is a stable banking system. How could anyone love the turkish in that regard.

But what has this got to do with the russians who famously have paid down all their foreign debt and switched to gold backing a decade ago, making them one of the wealthiest large nations in the world. Or the Chinese who famously manage money supply to within an inch of its life. The modern authoritarian government, like the historic Taiwan island one you are such an odd fan of, are huge fans of financial stability, as financial instability leads to heads being chopped off.

Comment

Edit: Russians didn't switch to full gold backing, but did massively increase the extent of gold backing. It doesn't make sense to me personally - gold - but there we go.

Comment

Gold provides a tremendous sense of stability which is a lot like stability when you think about it
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

He has highlighted a problem that has been going under the radar.

Lockdowns and fear fucked up quite a few people's heads.

Comment

Drink Illy now.
                                                                                          Can't believe you listened to him, sure he was the man who started the great Shower Gel Genocide of 2007.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Would ya ever fcuk off with your bullshite: )))
                                                                                            ive witnessed you many times change your mind over the course of an argument not that there is anything wrong with that
                                                                                            Last edited by The Istanbul; 08-12-21, 00:39.

Comment

wha?!!!!

My original research love is a stable banking system. How could anyone love the turkish in that regard.

But what has this got to do with the russians who famously have paid down all their foreign debt and switched to gold backing a decade ago, making them one of the wealthiest large nations in the world. Or the Chinese who famously manage money supply to within an inch of its life. The modern authoritarian government, like the historic Taiwan island one you are such an odd fan of, are huge fans of financial stability, as financial instability leads to heads being chopped off.
                                                                                              I was just making the glib point that authoritian rulers are difficult to get rid of once they lose it, as the strong man of Turkey clearlyhas.

Comment

People have lost their jobs. People are not allowed in public places. Excluded. Segregatedhttp://t.me/Anti_Vaccin3s21. If you dont think the capacity for that to get worse is there, again I find that astounding.

You have felt the need to become nasty; so as I suggestrd lets leave it there.

Be well and only good health and love to you and yours.
                                                                                                ​​​​​​

Dude...
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Huh, I seem to have BBV'd all the England batsmen.

Not unsurprising but definitely embarassing.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's got a lot of conspiracy theory tropes. Denial of conflict while actively seeking conflict, appeals to absurdity, selective facts, denial of alternative facts or assimilation of contrary information into an existing belief system. Just flat out stating things as true which are demonstrably untrue. I deal with people who've been taking in by conspiratorial thinking quite a bit and it's a remarkable thing to see. Once you believe one conspiracy then you're happy to believe more. And when I say conspiracy I don't even mean tin-foil hat wearing stuff. I mean the belief that, despite a lack of evidence, you ascribe agency to a named (or unnamed) entity or force that is responsible for specific, otherwise explicable, events. A strong characteristic of this way of thinking is to assume that complicated events have single (albeit elaborate) explanations.
                                                                                                    I think there's a strong component of feeling alienated (as opposed to actually being so) among these people. People who discern themselves to be at odds with society at large and thus are actively, or possibly unconsciously, seeking something alternative that is bigger than themselves. For them, that becomes anti-vax, or QAnon or whatever - they go down into that rabbit hole of disinformation with like-minded believers, rejecting all views and information from outside, and feel themselves to be amongst people who understand. It's self-reinforcing.

It does seem to sneak up on people and strengthen very quickly. It's a very modern phenomenon.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 08-12-21, 07:23.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Nice of them to let the kids off school for John Lennon's anniversary

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1707313&d=1638954243&type=thumb
                                                                                                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Is it a way of simplifying their world?
                                                                                                          Random chaos is terrifying, better to have a villain to rail against. Opposition only further entrenching the already skewed viewpoint.

Have a mate who went down this route during lockdown.
                                                                                                          Presenting "evidence" every single phone call. It was exhausting having to debunk and fact check and then I copped on and just let him at it. Soon as he got busy working again all the deeper bullshit dissipated.
                                                                                                          At one stage he was proud of having developed a cure for cancer l(CBD oil by the way) ffs.
                                                                                                          Was a relief not to have to deal with it anymore. The pseudo science and the conspiracies and links to utter bullshit youtube videos.

Comment

A few people need to have a look at themselves here. How could Sam not feel bullied by some of the smart replies and back slapping going on? Two worst offenders are HJ and RD3. There is a way to disagree with someone without being a smart cunt, have a bit of respect for people. Why act differently on here than you would in real life? HJ you wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life yet you act like some sort of keyboard warrior on here, what gives?

As much as I disagree with Sam on this issue I don't think someone questioning the consequences of not being vaxxed is a "crazed looney". Is the reason for the segregation to protect the health service? Is there not a huge amount more people clogging that up with smoking related illness? Should they be forced to quit smoking or face segregation? Genuine question that I am struggling with.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                              A few people need to have a look at themselves here. How could Sam not feel bullied by some of the smart replies and back slapping going on? Two worst offenders are HJ and RD3. There is a way to disagree with someone without being a smart cunt, have a bit of respect for people. Why act differently on here than you would in real life? HJ you wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life yet you act like some sort of keyboard warrior on here, what gives?

As much as I disagree with Sam on this issue I don't think someone questioning the consequences of not being vaxxed is a "crazed looney". Is the reason for the segregation to protect the health service? Is there not a huge amount more people clogging that up with smoking related illness? Should they be forced to quit smoking or face segregation? Genuine question that I am struggling with.
                                                                                                              I think in time folk will realise they are a bit precious.

For bullying to happen the bully would be actively picking on its victim. Looks here like the 'apparant' victim was seeking out the 'apparent ' bullies.. I'm sure there is a word for it but hardly bullying.

Btw Smokers have been kicked out of pubs gyms etc .

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Would ya ever fcuk off with your bullshite: )))
                                                                                                                ive witnessed you many times change your mind over the course of an argument not that there is anything wrong with that
                                                                                                                ha. An evolving perspective, as the academics say. I was supporting the poor downtrodden Sam in case it somehow got lost in translation.

Comment

My thought for the day is about resurfacing old cracked concrete, like in this video. Has anyone ever done that, and was it straightforward enough?

My main doubts are:

1. Can it be done in winter - as in, does rain interfere with concrete setting properly. I think not?

2. How much spacing would you leave between squares of concrete to allow for contraction without cracking as the concrete skim dries? Maybe a square metre or so?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                                    He has highlighted a problem that has been going under the radar.

Lockdowns and fear fucked up quite a few people's heads.
                                                                                                                    Definitely with my mum. She has been obsessed with the numbers for 2 years now. Really unhealthy way to live and half the stuff she says is the worst possible case scenario.

Not having Nephet giving daily doom updates is a big step forward - if we could convince the Irish times to stop putting it as half the front page every day it would help too.

Comment

Edit: Russians didn't switch to full gold backing, but did massively increase the extent of gold backing. It doesn't make sense to me personally - gold - but there we go.
                                                                                                                      Easier to catch the lads trying to steal a convoy of gold rather than just transfer it offshore

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                        Easier to catch the lads trying to steal a convoy of gold rather than just transfer it offshore
                                                                                                                        Russia, like Sam, is deeply mistreated by IPB. That convoy was sent off-route to a putin palace by dodgy GPS maps. GPS being the satellite system of which competitor nation?

Comment

Russia, like Sam, is deeply mistreated by IPB. That convoy was sent off-route to a putin palace by dodgy GPS maps. GPS being the satellite system of which competitor nation?
                                                                                                                          Some western black site probably hacked the gps for a fake news story.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X