This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    A friend of my wife's bought himself an SUV last year and spent about 70k on it and it now spends most of it's time sitting in his driveway in Clontarf (he mainly cycles to work when it's not Covid WFH times). Meanwhile he can't afford to extend his house and is planning to put a kid through private school. ..
    not me
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

not me
      I was actually going to put in a postscript to say not RDIII!! You can afford the extension and to pay for the private school (you just might not be happy about the cost). I don't know how much you'd pay for a car. It's not something we've ever discussed.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

This is a US Congressman's Christmas card:

2048.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=a10971be1ee7895af2779291afd4cbcc.jpg

Comment

Pull a suprise Christmas cracker in that house and you could get your head blown off.

Scary country right now . Mr X was right.

Comment

I started going down a rabbit hole on this on Sunday evening. Imagine we lived in a country where 4 kids are shot in school in munster and a TD in Donegal wants to signal to his base that he's pro-gun in the teeth of general revulsion so he tweets out that picture. It's just really depressing. He's even engaging in baiting folk on twitter because he clearly believes it will help him and his ongoing political aspirations. When I was a kid I used to naively think America was a great place based purely on TV/movies, now I worry for anyone I know living there.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I started going down a rabbit hole on this on Sunday evening. Imagine we lived in a country where 4 kids are shot in school in munster and a TD in Donegal wants to signal to his base that he's pro-gun in the teeth of general revulsion so he tweets out that picture. It's just really depressing. He's even engaging in baiting folk on twitter because he clearly believes it will help him and his ongoing political aspirations. When I was a kid I used to naively think America was a great place based purely on TV/movies, now I worry for anyone I know living there.
              Mr V is also right .
              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 07-12-21, 14:43.

Comment

I was actually going to put in a postscript to say not RDIII!! You can afford the extension and to pay for the private school (you just might not be happy about the cost). I don't know how much you'd pay for a car. It's not something we've ever discussed.
                I'm kinda with you; it's a machine for getting from A to B and as long as it's reliable, I have no further interest in it. Couldn't give a crap about luxury brands.

We only have one car; the benefit of being close to everything (school, work, sport etc) and being a cycling household, it's a S-Max that I bought new in 2012 and is still going.

Comment

"I asked myself what message Jesus, whose message of peace and love we celebrate in this season, would have wanted me to send to the world"

Comment

Oh dear, poor Nepo
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The sad thing is it will help his political aspirations. he doesn't want the vote of people who think guns should be bad, and while some more moderate republicans might think this is a tasteless OTT photo, it wouldn't be enough to make most of them vote for a democrat, and most republicans would probably be more inclined to vote for him, so he'd be helped in a primary.

Comment

If you live in a rural area and are a two car household then a combo of EV and PHEV is perfect. For a one car household living in the city I think I agree with you or else go fully EV and have some alternative (Go Car or whatever) for the rare long distance journey. This is based on PHEV/EV technology which is a few years old....

I'm planning to ditch my Leaf at some stage next year and for the first time ever I'm toying with buying a brand new car.

I'm currently considering the new facelift version of the MG ZS EV which has a 72 KW battery and a 400km+ real world range...€37k for the top spec. My general depreciation rate on cars is about 1.5-2.0k per annum and this would be basically moving me more towards 3-4k per annum which my internal monologue is struggling to justify....if it was something nice for my house or a bit of nice gear I don't think I'd spend too long on what is effectively a 15-20k net decision but I struggle to justify spending significant money on a car. Whilst I like a nice car I don't really care that much once a car is comfortable and reliable.

A friend of my wife's bought himself an SUV last year and spent about 70k on it and it now spends most of it's time sitting in his driveway in Clontarf (he mainly cycles to work when it's not Covid WFH times). Meanwhile he can't afford to extend his house and is planning to put a kid through private school. Money and how we manage it and spend it is a fascinating lens to look through....

My missus sold her car (an old small hatchback) at the start of the pandemic as she transitioned to WFH and then moved to a fully remote company this summer. She was very happy with sharing my car on the very odd time she needed it. Since the weather went to shite and things opened up she's needed the car more frequently for appointments etc. It's a serious pain in the hole now as I've been in the office more often than not of late and the guy who works with me gimped his knee. Meaning even less WFH. Trying to coordinate schedules causes regular grief.

This brings us to recently where I completely impulse bought an Audi TT mk1 (225 Quattro model for anyone who cares) as a classic/2nd car needing some work. It should get through the NCT and be a fun runabout for me when our schedules clash. Classic insurance is only €250 so it doesn't work out too bad even with tax factored in. It will cost more to maintain and have all the lovely quirks of a 20+ year old car but man does it feel great to plant the right foot. It should appreciate a bit over the coming years but I'm not counting on it increasing significantly. I'd just rather drive this than an old standard skoda/toyota etc.

I'm the guy who moans incessantly about spending money on branded mouthwash and gets the Lidl version for 1/5 the price. Also, the same guy who spends a fortune on craft beer, golf, pizza ovens and expensive cuts of meat. We all have our blind spots and miserly moments.

Comment

"I asked myself what message Jesus, whose message of peace and love we celebrate in this season, would have wanted me to send to the world"
                          Jaysus, hope they arent thinking of playing Pictionary this Christmas

*pic of gun toting nut jobs didn't appear with quote
                          Last edited by dinekes; 07-12-21, 16:55.

Comment

Had a customer return book of Christmas stamps as not religious enough for her liking!!

Muttering away to herself about C H R I ST in the word CHRISTmas and in the word CHRISTian yet we dont sell CHRISTmas stamps!!
                            I whipped out the old hair shirt and begged forgiveness

Comment

Does she have thoughts on Tayto launching a 'Have a happy Chripmas' campaign?
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Does she have thoughts on Tayto launching a 'Have a happy Chripmas' campaign?
                                I nearly cried at the supervalue xmas ad in the cinema yesterday afternoon. I'm blaming the lunchtime pint I had beforehand
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

To anyone who actually gives a shit or who has the capacity to even consider the potentiality of having their minds changed. Im relatively sure not many will watch this. Its F.D.A not some rabied, muddling every conspiracy in history together chestbeater. Id suggest listening from 4hrs20 on. If you think this is fake news, Id love to hear any reasoning why.

What motivation do you think people who ONLY have everything to lose, being cancelled, ridiculed etc, monetary loss, loss of status have? What is their nefarious intent V lets say pharma who are making infinite and never want that to stop. Which do you think perhaps is closer to truth, which always lies under the grey of the perceptual lens.

Even amongst all the vaxxed, many here included, I am quite sure, and know for a fact that there are some here without the appetite to get their young children vaccinated. Children we know have close to zero risk from this virus. The public appetite just isnt there for it in mass. So two years into this, TWO YEARS, they attempt to enforce masking in children, under some guise of Omricon. Thats not even to address that Omricon seems to be absolutely brilliant news as the severity of the virus seems greatly reduced and there have been almost no deaths from it world wide.

If you can not engage with anyone of this, without emotively being triggered into identifying me as an 'anti-vaxxer' I would argue you may genuinely been hacked. Id suggest sitting in your own fear. Unease. Mortality. And just feeling it. Without disconnect and distraction.

What you will soon realise, that at some point you too will be the unvaxxed. Again I know.many here are hesitant about endless boosters. If you are in Israel now, and havent had your FOURTH Covid related jabb you are in the boat of not welcome. See you soon.

Comment

Either accept being part of the conversation or stop posting..you can’t have it both ways.
                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                      Either accept being part of the conversation or stop posting..you can’t have it both ways.
                                      You are right. Thats a fair point, with the caveat that I didnt realise you have the authority to tell me to do a single thing. If it was advice, from a place of kindness Id be inclined to thank you, as like I said I think you are right.

I felt absolutely hurt and upset the last time, for what I am sure are obvious reasons and many here understand. You can choose to lol at that if you want, and for my own health, it is absolutely better to not be drawn into any engagement with people who do not have the capacity or the desire to listen. Thats on me. If you get me. So hands up. My bad.

The clip I posted is startling for a number of reasons. I also get the exhaustion of not having the legs to engage with anyof this stuff. I suffer the same and am very much guilty of turning off when points of voint I disgree with are presented.

The art of war describes this exhaustion quite beautifully.

Bare in mind this is in a sense an echo chamber where all the prominent posters agree. If you were living where I was living, yogic community that viewed their experential reality as truth with any digital consumption not of their choice you would likely be the one feeling isolated or bullied. Etc etc
                                      Last edited by AlwaysPunting2021; 07-12-21, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysPunting2021 View Post
                                        https://youtu.be/WFph7-6t34M
                                        Even amongst all the vaxxed, many here included, I am quite sure, and know for a fact that there are some here without the appetite to get their young children vaccinated. Children we know have close to zero risk from this virus. The public appetite just isnt there for it in mass.
                                        In general you've come across to me like you think everyone disagrees with everything you say, and it's not a good starting point for any conversation.

Afaik I don't have any kids, and if I do they'd be adults by now anyway. Having said that I have not been convinced by any of the arguments I've heard on getting young kids vaccinated. I don't feel strongly enough about it either way to be bothered arguing about it with anyone, least of all with anyone I only know on the interwebs.

Comment

In fairness, jbravado has opened our eyes to the dastardly plot that underlies the entire worldwide vaccination programme.

Comment

Another thing I think is worth considering is at what point are you morally uncomfortable with ramifications.

What is the governements plan for those, who under NO circumstances will get vaccinated, natural robust immmunity, medical, religious, informed consent, simple bodily autonomy, whichever reasoning they have. Do you see why perhaps many feel this is a dangerous precedant when it can be argued the primary motivation of the pharma companies is econmic.

So many seem OK with them losing their jobs? Ok with them being segregated and excluded from restuarants and other areas of life.

What is the point that you begin to FEEL; ACTUALLY FEEL No? Imprisonment? Camps? Reducation? Extermination.

Sounds hyperpolic? Why? Time is a flat circle. Human nature acts in a pretty circular manner. Fear is a helluva drug. So is exhaustion.

Comment

In fairness, jbravado has opened our eyes to the dastardly plot that underlies the entire worldwide vaccination programme.
                                              I find this quite hurtful and this frequently descends into a mob bullying dynamic.

This is the FDA essentially having grevious concerns regarding heart inflamation.particualrly with regard young people.

Perhaps listen to the piece and Ill.endeavour to.engage with energy and patience to whatever you present.

Does that sound reasonable and a blueprint for what we would hope from our kids in a similair situation?

Comment

it can be argued the primary motivation of the pharma companies is econmic.
                                                Pretty difficult for a company to last long if it doesn't make a profit

Comment

I don’t have the authority to tell anybody do anything, with the exception of myself but I find I’m not a good listener.

my point is that if you want to engage, then that’s great but if you want to have a genuine positive discourse then that demands engaging with other peoples opinions. Asking not to be referenced or mentioned again before then dropping in more information that you feel supports your position isn’t genuine engagement.

if you are feeling bullied or indeed simply exhausted enough with the conversation in here to request that then I absolutely think you should stop posting..though I think that would be a shame. I don’t lol at anybody who feels belittled whether I agree or not, it’s not my place to say how something makes someone else feel and if I did I would be lying through my teeth.

I do think you’re entrenched in your position, as are most people here, and so I don’t really see any positives of engaging any further on the subject. There are things (not many mind you) that I feel I have a good enough grasp of that I can argue my position with some authority.

There are multitudes more that I’m secure enough in myself to simply put my hand up and say ‘I don’t know’ In those cases, which by definition are the majority I defer to what the experts say. Now you may think that makes me a sheep or someone who is shorn of personal autonomy but for me, that is the most sensible approach. I also don’t subscribe to the idea that lizard men, aliens or global cabals spend their days plotting how best to marginalize me while enriching themselves and so find it hard to fathom a global conspiracy that brings all governments together with most health professionals and put some nefarious controls in place over every citizen in the world.

the vast vast bulk of medical professionals seem to believe that vaccines and boosters are the way to go, that’s good enough for me. I appreciate you have a different view and can respect that. I sincerely hope that neither of us is impacted seriously by this crisis and that in the end we both have peace of mind with the oaths we have chosen.
                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Pretty difficult for a company to last long if it doesn't make a profit
                                                    It certainly would be. In general.does profit, greed and the more nefarious elements of the econmic.system we live in place much value on human life. So its far to say there is a significant conflict of interest.

Comment

Went to see the documentary about Anthony Bourdain yesterday. I was never a big fan (food bores me), but this was a wonderful movie that will cause me to watch his stuff in a new light. I'd expect it's available from cousins as it has been streaming.

Comment

https://youtu.be/WFph7-6t34M

To anyone who actually gives a shit or who has the capacity to even consider the potentiality of having their minds changed. Im relatively sure not many will watch this. Its F.D.A not some rabied, muddling every conspiracy in history together chestbeater. Id suggest listening from 4hrs20 on. If you think this is fake news, Id love to hear any reasoning why.

What motivation do you think people who ONLY have everything to lose, being cancelled, ridiculed etc, monetary loss, loss of status have? What is their nefarious intent V lets say pharma who are making infinite and never want that to stop. Which do you think perhaps is closer to truth, which always lies under the grey of the perceptual lens.

Even amongst all the vaxxed, many here included, I am quite sure, and know for a fact that there are some here without the appetite to get their young children vaccinated. Children we know have close to zero risk from this virus. The public appetite just isnt there for it in mass. So two years into this, TWO YEARS, they attempt to enforce masking in children, under some guise of Omricon. Thats not even to address that Omricon seems to be absolutely brilliant news as the severity of the virus seems greatly reduced and there have been almost no deaths from it world wide.

If you can not engage with anyone of this, without emotively being triggered into identifying me as an 'anti-vaxxer' I would argue you may genuinely been hacked. Id suggest sitting in your own fear. Unease. Mortality. And just feeling it. Without disconnect and distraction.

What you will soon realise, that at some point you too will be the unvaxxed. Again I know.many here are hesitant about endless boosters. If you are in Israel now, and havent had your FOURTH Covid related jabb you are in the boat of not welcome. See you soon.
                                                        Just so we are clear, it's not FDA talking here, it's a virtual town hall.
                                                        The second person talking here (from your timestamp) is Stephen Kirsh of Covid-19 Early Treatment Fund (CETF).

This course of action, he said, also led to Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors terminating its relationship with CETF.

"As soon as I became anti-vax, they dropped us like a rock,” he said.
                                                        Here's the next guy David Wiseman PHD on that bastion of honest reporting OANN

Not a great start for the not chest beating anti vaxxer crowd.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is the FDA essentially having grevious concerns regarding heart inflamation.particualrly with regard young people.

Perhaps listen to the piece and Ill.endeavour to.engage with energy and patience to whatever you present.

Is it the FDA or a bunch of random people (management lectures, ER workers, etc) contributing to a public session with largely anecdotal or opinion based content?
                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Sounds hyperpolic? Why? Time is a flat circle. Human nature acts in a pretty circular manner. Fear is a helluva drug. So is exhaustion.
                                                            In that you have my complete agreement.
                                                            I just happen to disagree on which side is pushing it.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I find this quite hurtful and this frequently descends into a mob bullying dynamic.

Does that sound reasonable and a blueprint for what we would hope from our kids in a similair situation?
                                                              If this was a normal 'two sides' debate, then yes.

But it isn't. There's only one side. The other 'side' is populated by disinformation-crazed loons. So no, there is no engagement to be had.

It's the exact same as engaging with a QAnon adherent. Why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The second person talking here (from your timestamp) is Stephen Kirsh of Covid-19 Early Treatment Fund (CETF).

Ok, fair enough. What is the criteria for unbiased, without agended reporting?

What motivation do so many achievers within science and medicine have to be speaking out, what is their.nefarous intent. Perhaps more accredited than the punters I potentially have been duped by.

Again, strikes me that the corrosion of truth, journalistic principles, is half the battle here.

Comment

It certainly would be. In general.does profit, greed and the more nefarious elements of the econmic.system we live in place much value on human life. So its far to say there is a significant conflict of interest.
                                                                  To mangle WSC: capitalism is the worst system of ordering our economic affairs, except for all others that have been tried.

Comment

But it isn't. There's only one side. The other 'side' is populated by disinformation-crazed loons. So no, there is no engagement to be had.

Do you consider everyone who has concerns regarding a) the particular vaccine and b) mandates as such?

Will you be first in line to.vaccinate your kids.

Will you at any point say, No to never ending boosters?

Comment

I don’t have the authority to tell anybody do anything, with the exception of myself but I find I’m not a good listener.

my point is that if you want to engage, then that’s great but if you want to have a genuine positive discourse then that demands engaging with other peoples opinions. Asking not to be referenced or mentioned again before then dropping in more information that you feel supports your position isn’t genuine engagement.

if you are feeling bullied or indeed simply exhausted enough with the conversation in here to request that then I absolutely think you should stop posting..though I think that would be a shame. I don’t lol at anybody who feels belittled whether I agree or not, it’s not my place to say how something makes someone else feel and if I did I would be lying through my teeth.

I do think you’re entrenched in your position, as are most people here, and so I don’t really see any positives of engaging any further on the subject. There are things (not many mind you) that I feel I have a good enough grasp of that I can argue my position with some authority.

There are multitudes more that I’m secure enough in myself to simply put my hand up and say ‘I don’t know’ In those cases, which by definition are the majority I defer to what the experts say. Now you may think that makes me a sheep or someone who is shorn of personal autonomy but for me, that is the most sensible approach. I also don’t subscribe to the idea that lizard men, aliens or global cabals spend their days plotting how best to marginalize me while enriching themselves and so find it hard to fathom a global conspiracy that brings all governments together with most health professionals and put some nefarious controls in place over every citizen in the world.

the vast vast bulk of medical professionals seem to believe that vaccines and boosters are the way to go, that’s good enough for me. I appreciate you have a different view and can respect that. I sincerely hope that neither of us is impacted seriously by this crisis and that in the end we both have peace of mind with the oaths we have chosen.
                                                                      Thanks for the tone of this. Warm and for someone of my sensibilities I was able to read it. Cheers and absolutely, you too.

Comment

The missus and kids are back tomorrow from snowy Helsinki. I'm fecking knackered. Having kids etc tires you mentally however the single life fecking kills you. I know I'm too old etc but the ol familiar burning the candle followed by the fear is not the break I needed
                                                                        on the plus side the Aussie Pink Floyd were excellent but I'm struggling to recover from 3 days of letting the hair down . Got the alcohol cramps .

Be nice if that new variants gets the greatly exaggerated vote as Dublin is best when its packed full of loonies and the lead up to Christmas was always fun .

On the subject of vaccines how do people feel about the meningitis one. 2nd kid got it but have to pay a fortune for the 1st kid . .

Comment

Do you GENUINELY believe that someone who simply wants to choose independantly what is injected into their body @ crazed loon!???

I mean....

Do you think perhaps thats equally nuts. Do you think you always would have felt like that.

What if, after your 5th booster you have an averse reaction? Do you think you, personally should have a right to say, actually i dont want this injected in my body.

Comment

To mangle WSC: capitalism is the worst system of ordering our economic affairs, except for all others that have been tried.
                                                                            Id argue we are moving to a point where reunciation and crustied hippy shit is the legit only alternative.

You just need loads of money to do it.

Comment

Is this fake news?

Genuine question.

Comment

Do you consider everyone who has concerns regarding a) the particular vaccine and b) mandates as such?
                                                                                Pretty much. Hence my comment about this not being a 'two sides' debate.

Will you be first in line to.vaccinate your kids.
                                                                                My two eldest kids (15,12) are vaccinated. We gave them the information and asked them to decide. They both pretty much immediately decided to get jabbed Interestingly, they both independently said their main reason for doing so is 'to protect others'. They get that they won't get particularly sick if they get covid.
                                                                                They only have one friend who decided not to get vaxxed (friend of my eldest) - she was throwing around some fairly standard anti-vaxx nonsense as her 'reason'. Interestingly though my eldest told me that she got vaxxed at the weekend, having reconsidered.
                                                                                My youngest (10) has already said she's getting it when it's her turn.

You're a father as well. Not sure what age your kid (kids?) is - have you had this conversation with he\she\them yet and given he\she\them the same choice?

Will you at any point say, No to never ending boosters?
                                                                                Pure hypothetical. No one knows where we'll be next month let alone this time next year. Maybe Omicron will be a nice friendly variant and infect everyone worldwide without much damage...who knows.

Comment

Id argue we are moving to a point where reunciation and crustied hippy shit is the legit only alternative.

You just need loads of money to do it.
                                                                                  Hey, I'm cool with alternative lifestyles (as long as you're not living it based off my hard-earned).

Comment

Why are we not celebrating the new variant which seems, at this early stage, much less dangerous than its previous? To my understanding a normal course for a virus like this?

Comment

Hey, I'm cool with alternative lifestyles (as long as you're not living it based off my hard-earned).
                                                                                      You understand Im from Dalkey right?

Also strikes me absolutely that this is now, morphing into on some level a class thing. Rich and comfortable people are afraid of losing their shit. Money. Status. House. Kids schools. Dare I say it. Wine and cheese. Sorry just kidding and sorry for riducluing you before.

What is the solution for those who will simply never ever accept vaccination. Should they be imprisoned? Killed for the greater good? What should happen to them.

Comment

Re my daughter Duke, i didnt see it but Yes the same. Its her choice and thats exavtly what I told her. She has chosen to get it. She is 12. I respect her choice and believe it is everyones to make it independantly

Comment

I think the fact that you didn't bother to research the speakers in this, and DP had to come in with this, is enough to discredit pretty much anything else you post Sam.

You are the disinformation problem you are rallying against.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You understand Im from Dalkey right?

Also strikes me absolutely that this is now, morphing into on some level a class thing. Rich and comfortable people are afraid of losing their shit. Money. Status. House. Kids schools. Dare I say it. Wine and cheese. Sorry just kidding and sorry for riducluing you before.
                                                                                            Not at all. Rich people have gotten richer over the course of the pandemic.
                                                                                            I've upgraded my Tuesday wine to Meerlust and I eat 48-month Comte for breakfast.

What is the solution for those who will simply never ever accept vaccination. Should they be imprisoned? Killed for the greater good? What should happen to them.
                                                                                            Just follow current events in Europe - the trend is all towards incentivizing people to get vaxxed as governments, and indeed the majority of society, start getting fed up with the disruption the anti-vaxxers are causing to health systems and society at large.

To personalise it for you:
                                                                                            • You refuse to get vaxxed
                                                                                            • You got covid and got so sick that you to be hospitalised.
                                                                                            • You're the epitome of a preventable case.

You're using up valuable resources that, if you had gotten vaxxed, could have been used to help someone in genuine medical need who wasn't being a fool and refusing to take a safe, effective vaccine.
                                                                                            There is a cost to your behaviours. At least recognise that.

Comment

In that you have my complete agreement.
                                                                                              I just happen to disagree on which side is pushing it.
                                                                                              I would argue this side for want of a better word, are absolutely NOT living in fear. Trust your body. Sit with the fear and the impact when inevitably you do get it, as we all will, over and over again.

It is intersting to ask yourself. What is my lived experential reality of Covid.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Caoimhinn55/stat...mZEPMpFwA&s=19

Is this fake news?

Genuine question.
                                                                                                If you concentrate on the deaths how is the covid graph looking for 2021 ? Taking seasonality into account ?

Comment

Re my daughter Duke, i didnt see it but Yes the same. Its her choice and thats exavtly what I told her. She has chosen to get it. She is 12. I respect her choice and believe it is everyones to make it independantly
                                                                                                  What did she say when you presented your opinions on the matter? And why did she decide to ignore them?

Comment

Not at all. Rich people have gotten richer over the course of the pandemic.
                                                                                                    I've upgraded my Tuesday wine to Meerlust and I eat 48-month Comte for breakfast.

Just follow current events in Europe - the trend is all towards incentivizing people to get vaxxed as governments, and indeed the majority of society, start getting fed up with the disruption the anti-vaxxers are causing to health systems and society at large.

To personalise it for you:
                                                                                                    • You refuse to get vaxxed
                                                                                                    • You got covid and got so sick that you to be hospitalised.
                                                                                                    • You're the epitome of a preventable case.

You're using up valuable resources that, if you had gotten vaxxed, could have been used to help someone in genuine medical need who wasn't being a fool and refusing to take a safe, effective vaccine.
                                                                                                    There is a cost to your behaviours. At least recognise that.
                                                                                                    So you wont engage with a hypotherical question that you know may collapse your position yet make the assumption that if I was vaxxed I wouldnt have spent one night in hospital.

What about the emerging data that vaxxed are the overhelming majority in ICU, dying etc etc?

I think the warm fuzzy engagement has ran its course. Prob better we leave it, hogging the page and we are at such polar opposites, has the capacity to go nasty which i dont want.

Yeah no shit you have got richer, me too. Doesnt mean its right.

Is there anything youd risk it for, what if they choose to extermiante all unvaxxed? Would you protest? Would you feel a twinge of maybe just maybe this is wrong. I dont know, maybe I have genuinely gone crazy to think surrendering your bodily autonomy to governemnt, entwined with pharma and our questionable econmic.leanings is the most dangerous thing we face. Maybe one day when it is the 5th booster you will understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

If you concentrate on the deaths how is the covid graph looking for 2021 ? Taking seasonality into account ?
                                                                                                      I have no idea. My question was sincere

Comment

What did she say when you presented your opinions on the matter? And why did she decide to ignore them?
                                                                                                        I didnt present much of an opinion. I believe children should make their own minds up about everything as our condioning conditons them. It was simply presented as her choice which is should be right?

I dont place myself in a position to impart anything apart from love towards my daughter. I learn more from her than she could ever from me. That much i do know.

Comment

Is there anything youd risk it for, what if they choose to extermiante all unvaxxed? Would you protest? Would you feel a twinge of maybe just maybe this is wrong. I dont know, maybe I have genuinely gone crazy to think surrendering your bodily autonomy to governemnt, entwined with pharma and our questionable econmic.leanings is the most dangerous thing we face. Maybe one day when it is the 5th booster you will understand why.
                                                                                                          Would you ever listen to yourself and cop the fuck on? Hysterical nonsense.
                                                                                                          The fact you can even suggest such nonsense shows us how divorced from reality you are here. You've gotten it fixed in your head there is some big conspiracy at play worldwide and they're all out to get....you. It comes across as paranoid.

I'm not trying to be nasty, just calling it as I see it. Not one single poster has supported your take on this either (which is unusual to say the least on IPB where we love nothing better than a good debate rumble).

The absolute worst thing that might happen to you as an anti-vaxxer has probably already happened - hospitalisation. You won't be getting exterminated. Probably the worst punishment will be getting laughed at on an obscure poker forum.

I note you refused to engage with the notion there is a cost to your choice.

Comment

I didnt present much of an opinion. I believe children should make their own minds up about everything as our condioning conditons them. It was simply presented as her choice which is should be right?

I dont place myself in a position to impart anything apart from love towards my daughter. I learn more from her than she could ever from me. That much i do know.
                                                                                                            So let me get this straight: you hold incredibly strong negative views about vaccination but you don't impart those to your child?

That makes no sense.

Unless of course, some little part of you recognises that you've dug yourself into a deep hole here and you don't want your child in there with you.

Comment

I get the flu jab annually however I can still get the flu .

Yer gone off the deep end with the extermination question
                                                                                                              Some governments overreact to the unvaccinated similarly you can get your hands chopped off for stealing. In ireland the reality is the unvaccinated are merely being ushered away from the vulnerable and asked to jab or dont come in here . Legally we still cant ask people if they are vaccinated in the workplace which is mad imo.
                                                                                                              personally I believe we are in a temp situation. This new strain looks mild . People will still die of covid going forward. I dont think anyone thinks otherwise . At 90% vaccinated they will come from that group. A vaccine is not a definitive cure .

Comment

Would you ever listen to yourself and cop the fuck on? Hysterical nonsense.
                                                                                                                The fact you can even suggest such nonsense shows us how divorced from reality you are here. You've gotten it fixed in your head there is some big conspiracy at play worldwide and they're all out to get....you. It comes across as paranoid.

I'm not trying to be nasty, just calling it as I see it. Not one single poster has supported your take on this either (which is unusual to say the least on IPB where we love nothing better than a good debate rumble).

The absolute worst thing that might happen to you as an anti-vaxxer has probably already happened - hospitalisation. You won't be getting exterminated. Probably the worst punishment will be getting laughed at on an obscure poker forum.

I note you refused to engage with the notion there is a cost to your choice.
                                                                                                                People have lost their jobs. People are not allowed in public places. Excluded. Segregatedhttp://t.me/Anti_Vaccin3s21. If you dont think the capacity for that to get worse is there, again I find that astounding.

You have felt the need to become nasty; so as I suggestrd lets leave it there.

Be well and only good health and love to you and yours.

Comment

So let me get this straight: you hold incredibly strong negative views about vaccination but you don't impart those to your child?

That makes no sense.

Unless of course, some little part of you recognises that you've dug yourself into a deep hole here and you don't want your child in there with you.
                                                                                                                  This could not be further wrong. Project much. Take the time to read and understand my views coming from.kindness and trying to understand each other and I clearly expressed my views on how I choose to raise my child.

Id ask to to now stop. You are coming across as hateful. Equally rabied and not being able to understand my position.

certainly feels like bullying and aggressive to me, but it seems im in a minority there in feeling that.

Was a mistake to try and get into. Naively felt trying to underdtand each other and meet with warmth had merit.

Be well. Wont be responding again.

Comment

I have no idea. My question was sincere
                                                                                                                    I would have thought with your research appetite in this subject youd know the answer . It dilutes the power of the tweet without this info. Deaths are down post vaccine? That's the graph the matters the most . Surely ?

Comment

Debate gets like that Mr X . People pick the bones from an argument . Jayz the poker advice on here was slanderous at times . The argument was we were getting free advice . Suck it up. Etc.

Comment

Quite the opposite to it being a class thing, only in rich countries with generous safety nets can people afford to be stupid enough to be anti vax

Comment

Wish whatever party is planning to put the un vaxxed in camps /exterminate them would go public with their plans so I can vote for them
                                                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X