This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done!
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Got the kids late late toy show snack boxes last night, and at some point they passed out from a mixture of too much sugar in the (huge) snack boxes and probable tiredness.

The youngest kid was saying this morning that maybe the snack boxes were made for Americans. I must have maybe looked a bit confused as he explained that "you know, because you were saying that Americans can't stop eating".

I wonder what else all of our kids are wandering around with in their heads because of random throwaway comments. Like maybe they are there hoovering up their knowledge of the world from us. I've always kinda assumed they were getting all their actual knowledge from school and not really listening to the various chats we have on things like walks home.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Got the kids late late toy show snack boxes last night, and at some point they passed out from a mixture of too much sugar in the (huge) snack boxes and probable tiredness.

The youngest kid was saying this morning that maybe the snack boxes were made for Americans. I must have maybe looked a bit confused as he explained that "you know, because you were saying that Americans can't stop eating".

I wonder what else all of our kids are wandering around with in their heads because of random throwaway comments. Like maybe they are there hoovering up their knowledge of the world from us. I've always kinda assumed they were getting all their actual knowledge from school and not really listening to the various chats we have on things like walks home.
        Well at least you know one person has learned something from your years lecturing on global economics.

Comment

I want to double-check my thinking here.

We have an old cement block garage at the back of the house that my wife wants to convert to an office to be out of the house, and I want her to convert to an office to keep her out of the office.

This morning we had the asbestos removed, and a new roof fitted. Job one done of making it safe.

The next issue is insulating it, so it won't be frozen...

Now my thinking, after watching a few videos, is that this is the best approach:

To summarise the video it shows a guy attaching timbers to a wall at maybe one metre intervals, then filling the gaps with rockwool, then covering with MDF.

So, am I right in thinking that I would get loads of 2.4 metre stud work timbers. Drill holes in the cement blocks and attach the stud work timbers to the wall. Fill the walls with rockwool, and then cover with MDF. Then bob is my uncle?

My doubt is that I also saw this video, and it only involves gluing package wrapper to the wall, followed by plasterboard, so seems a lot less hassle. I do realise that would mean shelves can't be attached to the wall as there wouldn't be the support.

My other doubt was that Woodies was selling some silvery stuff called SuperFoil with the promise that all you needed to do was fix their silver stuff to the wall and you were done. But it seemed a bit too easy.

Has anyone ever insulated a garage?!

1185563_boulder.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-11-21, 00:23.

Comment

She'll be frozen but she is Russian so probably won't notice. Win.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              She'll be frozen but she is Russian so probably won't notice. Win.

You don't think the insulation would work?

Comment

The thin foil backed stuff likely has the same insulating properties (U value) as 100mm of Rockwool but probably not as practical to install as that Mdf and stud method you mentioned.

That's the route I'd probably go (Mdf/Rockwool) as as you mentioned, fixing shelves etc would be a lot handier.

It's not that difficult a task really.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Also, you would need to insulate the roof, would be pointless otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    The thin foil backed stuff likely has the same insulating properties (U value) as 100mm of Rockwool but probably not as practical to install as that Mdf and stud method you mentioned.

That's the route I'd probably go (Mdf/Rockwool) as as you mentioned, fixing shelves etc would be a lot handier.

It's not that difficult a task really.
                    Cheers. I think I'll go that route. Was watching a few more videos, including on how to batten a wall, and it looks fun enough.

I also, to round out my education, watched this video on whether I could fit the timber in the car (spoiler alert - yes you can). YouTube really has everything.

Comment

Cheers. I think I'll go that route. Was watching a few more videos, including on how to batten a wall, and it looks fun enough.

I also, to round out my education, watched this video on whether I could fit the timber in the car (spoiler alert - yes you can). YouTube really has everything.

Don't know why, but every time you post something about DIY, I automatically think of you as Frank Spencer of "some mothers do 'ave 'em"
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I swear the fella who runs the hockey coaching group thinks he's coaching the Netherlands Olympic team instead of a bunch of 10 y/os.

I generally ignore his plans and try to keep them.moving and enjoying themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Don't know why, but every time you post something about DIY, I automatically think of you as Frank Spencer of "some mothers do 'ave 'em"
                          Are you in SA pokerhand?

Comment

There seems to be a school of thinking that this Omicron variant is more contagious but significantly less harmful than Delta. So might actually be a good thing if it became the dominant strain of covid.

The SA reporting seems to be that vaccinated people generally experience very mild symptoms.

Comment

There seems to be a school of thinking that this Omicron variant is more contagious but significantly less harmful than Delta. So might actually be a good thing if it became the dominant strain of covid.

The SA reporting seems to be that vaccinated people generally experience very mild symptoms.
                              It makes sense that it will evolve that way. A 'successful' virus is a harmless one.

It will just join the common cold family of corona viruses eventually.

Comment

So go out and start licking faces. Preferably South African ones.

Comment

Cant find nerve pain as a symptom but appear to have it along with my girly cold . Taste buds are as sharp as ever so on the lookout for a ginger .

Comment

If it's proven to be the case then there's an argument against travel restrictions etc. Would be a difficult sell politically though to say the least.

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... post up a couple of pics of your garage and what is the current wall makeup?

Comment

Should I be setting up Pat's Pub 2 as a contingency plan?
                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                          Should I be setting up Pat's Pub 2 as a contingency plan?
                                          Only if you let Hitch build it and make a youtube channel of the exploits before and after.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Only if you let Hitch build it and make a youtube channel of the exploits before and after.
                                            Hitches house improvement show certainly has been an unexpected hit

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Are you in SA pokerhand?
                                              Nope, was supposed to go in two weeks time but doesn't look like it is gonna happen now
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I want to double-check my thinking here.

We have an old cement block garage at the back of the house that my wife wants to convert to an office to be out of the house, and I want her to convert to an office to keep her out of the office.

This morning we had the asbestos removed, and a new roof fitted. Job one done of making it safe.

The next issue is insulating it, so it won't be frozen...

Now my thinking, after watching a few videos, is that this is the best approach:

To summarise the video it shows a guy attaching timbers to a wall at maybe one metre intervals, then filling the gaps with rockwool, then covering with MDF.

So, am I right in thinking that I would get loads of 2.4 metre stud work timbers. Drill holes in the cement blocks and attach the stud work timbers to the wall. Fill the walls with rockwool, and then cover with MDF. Then bob is my uncle?

My doubt is that I also saw this video, and it only involves gluing package wrapper to the wall, followed by plasterboard, so seems a lot less hassle. I do realise that would mean shelves can't be attached to the wall as there wouldn't be the support.

My other doubt was that Woodies was selling some silvery stuff called SuperFoil with the promise that all you needed to do was fix their silver stuff to the wall and you were done. But it seemed a bit too easy.

Has anyone ever insulated a garage?!

1185563_boulder.jpg
                                                Rockwool between studs is an option. But need to leave a gap for ventilation as current block wall is likely mailed rather than a cavity wall. You could finish it with MDF, garage in pic is OSB. But if it’s going to be an office then why not plasterboard.

Expanded polystyrene is a pretty good insulator. Better than rock wool. PIR is slightly better. If going that route, you can get insulated plasterboard panels from Kingspan that saves some time. Would also ideally require ventilation.
                                                Kooltherm K17 is insulation, dry–lining and vapour control in one. This easy-to-install board is ideal for solid walls that would otherwise remain uninsulated.

Those foil layers are complete nonsense. They have no real world data backing the claims.

I’d probably going with a 30 x 50 battens to create an air gap. And fix insulated plasterboard to that. Shelves can maybe fix to the battens. But just as easy to have a shelving unit.

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... no idea about this stuff but lads doing our extension used 100mm Warmboards under floor and in walls, not sure about roof.

Comment

Was supposed to be going to watch St Pat's later but do to constant sneezing I'm going to cancel. It's just a cold but such is the climate and me sneezing so much its probably better to give it a miss. I suspect the Super Saints will win and I'll be kicking myself. 34k will be at it. Impressive crowd

Comment

RTE Racing coverage is infinitely better with Ruby taking the anchor role from Hugh Cahill he's really very good on TV. Lisa O'Neill has only being doing TV a few months but she's already better than most.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                        Was supposed to be going to watch St Pat's later but do to constant sneezing I'm going to cancel. It's just a cold but such is the climate and me sneezing so much its probably better to give it a miss. I suspect the Super Saints will win and I'll be kicking myself. 34k will be at it. Impressive crowd
                                                        Just got here now. Best atmosphere I've ever seen around the Aviva. Bohs fans marching to the stadium, giving it socks singing, flares, the whole lot. Pat's fans making noise inside. Both sets of fans playing their part. Hopefully the game lives up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          RTE Racing coverage is infinitely better with Ruby taking the anchor role from Hugh Cahill he's really very good on TV. Lisa O'Neill has only being doing TV a few months but she's already better than most.
                                                          Bit silly not to hang on for another 5 mins to get the big handicap hurdle in.

Comment

Talking the anchor permanently?. Is it not only because Cahill is covering the Rugby 7's?

Comment

RD3, your bet could come good if this new manager is gonna be dropping Ronaldo. Not technically in charge yet but you can be sure he picked that team cos Carrick wouldn't have the bottle to drop him.

Comment

The story begins on a September afternoon at Southwell racecourse in Nottinghamshire five years ago. Sulamani The Late is having his third race. Tony Holt and I

Would someone be able to copy&paste this article please?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Talking the anchor permanently?. Is it not only because Cahill is covering the Rugby 7's?
                                                                  Unfortunately it's likely it was only for today while he's on other duties.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Bit silly not to hang on for another 5 mins to get the big handicap hurdle in.
                                                                    Bizarre call, they went off air just as it started, they missed a cracker with Rachel showcasing her class on a 25/1 winner.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      RD3, your bet could come good if this new manager is gonna be dropping Ronaldo. Not technically in charge yet but you can be sure he picked that team cos Carrick wouldn't have the bottle to drop him.
                                                                      Winning now too so looks like CR7 was the problem all along.

Comment

I wonder would it be technically an offence if he had any input into the team/tactics today? No work permit as yet.
                                                                        I'm still hoping the Home Office Department of Visa's refuses on the grounds that there are multiple suitable UK-born candidates for the vacancy.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Panto time at the moat theatre.
                                                                            It's technically theatre so wine is allowee
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...part-wlwgvmp8c

Would someone be able to copy&paste this article please?

SPOILER
                                                                              The story begins on a September afternoon at Southwell racecourse in Nottinghamshire five years ago. Sulamani The Late is having his third race. Tony Holt and Ian Macnabb, two of the gelding’s five owners, watch from the enclosure. Even in a sport in which dreams are one race away from disappointment, Sulamani The Late’s performance is lamentable.

There are four runners in the novice hurdle. Three of them are keen to race. Sulamani The Late is the odd one out. As the starter springs the tape upwards, Sulamani cocks his head and fixes his front feet. Though his jockey, David England, tries, the horse’s mind is made up. Not today, sunshine. They never get to jump the first hurdle.

For the horse’s up-and-coming trainer, Dan Skelton, it is frustrating. Skelton is the son of the showjumping star Nick, who at age 58 had won a gold medal at the Rio Olympics six weeks before. Dan Skelton had recommended Sulamani The Late to the Holt syndicate and now there is a sense that the £36,000 spent on the horse is halfway down the drain.
                                                                              Holt and Macnabb have had enough good days to cope with a dismal one. That afternoon Holt received a message from a bloodstock agent who helped the syndicate to find potential horses. “Hi Tony, George Gently was second for Dan [Skelton] in Enghien [France] today. The winner is thought to be very good and it was a great debut run. I bought George for current owners as a yearling and they would be sellers. He is a lovely horse and I feel he could take high rank as a juvenile . . . I feel sure that he is a horse that you [should] be considering.”

After returning from Southwell, Holt emailed Macnabb and another member of the syndicate, John Robertson. Holt was unsure about George Gently. The horse was going to cost £130,000, a lot for a three-year-old with only one run. Against that, there was Skelton’s enthusiasm. “Dan’s conviction,” he wrote, “that the horse is potentially high class may be our most concrete guide.”
                                                                              Holt expressed one other reservation. “Both Dan and [the bloodstock agent] represent the seller as well as us so are not totally independent,” he wrote. By that he meant Skelton’s dual position as a trainer of horses owned by Holt and Macnabb, and of George Gently for the horse’s then owners.

“If Dan convinces you, I’m in,” Macnabb replied.

Ultimately, they were convinced. Four days after Southwell, Holt messaged the agent with a £130,000 offer to buy George Gently.

George Gently retired last year. Then trained by Justin Landy in Yorkshire, his last race was at Newcastle, when he came 12th of 12. He is now a lady’s hack in Lincolnshire. As a racehorse, it did not work out. The Holt syndicate paid £130,000 for a horse that was beaten out of sight on his two runs in their colours. A year after buying him, they sold him for £1,800.
                                                                              It seemed doomed from the start. The pre-purchase veterinary examination (PPE) was arranged for two days after Holt made the offer to buy. The PPE then had to be postponed after the horse “hit himself in the stable” and though the trainer felt it was nothing, he thought it best to give the horse some rest. It was, he told the owners, “the first lame step he’s ever taken in his life”. Three weeks later George Gently passed his veterinary exam and on November 9, Holt transferred £130,000 to the account of the owners, Yorton Farm Stud.

SPOILER
                                                                              Three weeks further on, a member of Skelton’s staff noticed that George Gently had heat in a front leg. A scan showed up a tendon injury. Though the trainer did not consider the injury to be serious, he advised that the horse be rested for up to 12 months. Fifteen months would pass before George Gently was fit enough to race. Soon he would be sold for 1.38 per cent of what the owners paid for him.
                                                                              Holt is a retired Lloyds underwriter; his partners in the syndicate had also been insurance underwriters. They started buying racehorses in 2011 and understood the risks. What disappointment they felt at George Gently’s injury-ridden career was set against the syndicate’s good luck. They had bought Superb Story for £65,000 in 2014, sent him to Skelton and in 2016 he became the syndicate’s, and the trainer’s, first winner at the Cheltenham Festival. The following month the syndicate had its first grade one winner when Arzal won at Aintree.

George Gently was a reminder that they were not always going to choose the right one. They did not blame Skelton, nor Dave Futter, the proprietor of Yorton Farm Stud. They just put it down to bad luck.
                                                                              In the summer of 2018, 18 months after they had bought George Gently, Holt says the syndicate was offered an inexpensive, “fun horse” free of charge by Futter, who felt bad about George. Holt asked Skelton to help him pick the fun horse. Holt was not excited by any that Futter was freely offering but he did like one that was a little more expensive. He asked if he could offset the value of the free horse against the cost of the one he liked.

Futter was reluctant. Skelton weighed in on Holt’s side, encouraging Futter to do a deal. The trainer and the stud owner continued to argue the toss about which horse Holt should get. According to Holt, Futter called him some time later. “He says, ‘Why should I be the one paying for all of this “gesture horse”? Dan owned a third of the horse [George Gently]’.”

“I say, ‘What do you mean Dan owned a third of George Gently?’ He said, ‘Well, Dan got a one-third cut from the sale of the horse.’ I said, ‘Look, you must tell Dan what you just told me.’ Ten or 15 minutes later Dan is on the phone to me and saying, ‘It’s a lie. It’s not true. It’s not true. He’s maligning me. I did not own one third of the horse.’”
                                                                              There is an agreement that governs owner-trainer relationships in racing. Clause 10 states: “Upon a sale to the owner of a horse in which the trainer has an ownership interest, the trainer shall make all necessary disclosures to the owner in accordance with the British Horseracing Authority’s Code of Conduct.” It is a logical provision, as often an owner will ask a trainer for advice when buying horses, as happened with George Gently.

Futter denies telling Holt that Skelton was a one-third owner. He says Holt misunderstood or misconstrued what he had said.

After the phone call with Holt, Skelton sent a follow-up text message: “Dave apologised to me for what he’s said. I’ll collect the horse [the free horse from Futter] tomorrow. I will keep the horse FOC [free of charge] until July 2019 [a 12-month period] which will include breaking him in and getting him going. Is that OK with you? I want you to be happy Tony. We have a trusting relationship and I do my best for you.”
                                                                              The syndicate no longer trusted Skelton. They believed he had a beneficial interest in George Gently that had not been disclosed to them when they asked his opinion about the horse. They removed their six horses from his yard and in late July 2018 they made a formal complaint to the BHA about his behaviour.

SPOILER
                                                                              Both parties lawyered up. Holt believed from Futter that Skelton had received a payment from Yorton Farm Stud in relation to George Gently. His legal team asked if there had been such a payment. They were told there had been a payment, but that this was in lieu of training fees incurred by Yorton-owned horses in Skelton’s yard. Skelton’s legal team provided them with the relevant invoice.

It had been sent to Yorton Farm Stud on November 16, 2016, one week after the syndicate had paid for George Gently. The invoice was for £42,033 plus VAT. The invoice listed the six Yorton horses involved, detailing the amount of time they had been with Skelton. This accounted for the £42,033 debt.

Holt and his associates considered it unusual that the invoice was sent from Jam House Bloodstock Ltd. Jam House Bloodstock is one of two companies controlled by Skelton and his wife, Grace. Dan Skelton Racing Ltd is the other. In the Companies House register, Jam House’s business is listed as “Activities of racehorse owners” while every invoice the syndicate received from Skelton for training fees was issued by Dan Skelton Racing.

The single greatest source of concern related to the amount claimed for training fees (£42,033) because that happened to be precisely one third of the £130,000 (less the bloodstock agent’s 2.5 per cent commission, plus VAT) they had paid for George Gently.

SPOILER
                                                                              Fifteen months after lodging the complaint against Skelton, Holt received a reply from the BHA. A letter from its head of regulation, Andrew Howell, explained to Holt that the case against Skelton was not strong enough to initiate any action against the trainer.
                                                                              Howell also wrote: “The BHA acknowledges that it is regrettable that Mr Skelton did not provide prior notice to you that he would benefit financially from the transaction of George Gently. Following this investigation, the BHA would fully expect Mr Skelton to provide information of this nature to his owners in the future and the BHA has made its expectations with regards to the code of conduct to Mr Skelton in concluding this matter.”

The syndicate refused to accept the BHA’s ruling. For almost 3½ years, the case has rumbled on. In a letter from the BHA last month, Howell said that the involvement of Jam House Bloodstock “was essentially an issue of convenience”. As for the construction of the invoice, Howell wrote, “There is no claim that the training fees of all horses amounted to exactly one third of George Gently.” Howell went on to explain that Skelton’s arrangement with Futter was that the trainer would receive one third of the proceeds from the sale of George Gently in lieu of training fees.

SPOILER
                                                                              The BHA’s position is that it would have been better for Skelton to advise Holt that he stood to gain financially from the sale of George Gently, but that he was not obliged to do so. In an earlier letter, the governing body advised the syndicate that if it got a judgment against Skelton in a civil case, they would review the case in light of that.

So far, Holt and his friends have spent £120,000 in legal fees. They are determined to continue their action and accept the case may end up in a civil court.

Skelton refused to answer questions about the case. “There are two sides to this story,” he said. He would not elaborate on what his side was.

Who is Dan Skelton?
                                                                              Skelton set up his own stables in Warwickshire in 2013 after working for the respected trainer Paul Nicholls for several years. He has had four winners at Cheltenham. His brother Harry is a jockey and his father, Nick, won team showjumping gold for Great Britain at the London Olympics and individual gold at Rio 2016.

Comment

Cheers comrade

Comment

Bizarre call, they went off air just as it started, they missed a cracker with Rachel showcasing her class on a 25/1 winner.
                                                                                  Obv they had to go to the boh's Pat's match

Comment

Comment

I don't believe Rangnick picked that team - It was very much Carrick packing the midfield with defensive players to try prevent them getting spanked by 3 or 4. Keep it 0-0 for 70 minutes or so and then bring on a few players to try nick a goal was the plan I reckon

Comment

Spent most of my day trolling anti vax muppets on twitter. Was fun for the most part. Jesus they're some level of dim.

Probably spent too much of my day at it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I don't believe Rangnick picked that team - It was very much Carrick packing the midfield with defensive players to try prevent them getting spanked by 3 or 4. Keep it 0-0 for 70 minutes or so and then bring on a few players to try nick a goal was the plan I reckon
                                                                                          There is a less than 0% chance Carrick drops Ronaldo without input from the new fella. Obviously we will never know for certain but I think the chances he told Carrick what team to pick are extremely high.

I didn even see the game either cos I was at the Aviva so cant comment on how they played.

Comment

Going to back Dawid Malan to be top England runscorer @6/1 for the Ashes series (starts 8-Dec) and top overall series runscorer @20/1.

Primarily on the grounds that (a) Root can't do it all the time (can he?) and has a fairly average career record in Australia, (b) Stokes hasn't played for months and is a joke 2nd fav given his overall record and (c), Malan is proven under Australian conditions. I don't rate any of the remaining English batsmen.

One Time etc.

Comment

Going to back Dawid Malan to be top England runscorer @6/1 for the Ashes series (starts 8-Dec) and top overall series runscorer @20/1.

Primarily on the grounds that (a) Root can't do it all the time (can he?) and has a fairly average career record in Australia, (b) Stokes hasn't played for months and is a joke 2nd fav given his overall record and (c), Malan is proven under Australian conditions. I don't rate any of the remaining English batsmen.

One Time etc.
                                                                                              This is the incorrect protocol for summoning up the 'one time'

Please revise your request and select only one option

Comment

Have an appointment tomorrow for a crown initial fitting and just looked it up. Oh my gawd. They are going to shave away half of my poor little tooth? Does it hurt? Why has that procedure been invented? I just thought it was some little task, not something that looks like torture.

Comment

Have an appointment tomorrow for a crown initial fitting and just looked it up. Oh my gawd. They are going to shave away half of my poor little tooth? Does it hurt? Why has that procedure been invented? I just thought it was some little task, not something that looks like torture.
                                                                                                  You had heart surgery right ? Hmmm I must also call you to task here.

Comment

Important advice from Schools .

Due to freezing temperatures parents should wear two pairs of pyjamas when picking up their kids .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You had heart surgery right ? Hmmm I must also call you to task here.
                                                                                                      I'm not sure past pain really trains you for future pain.

Comment

You are obviously not a United fan

Comment

Have you ever looked into what training generally consists of?

Comment

Quite the obit: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/oth...more-1.4719750

Comment

Thing called anaesthetic pinch of a needle in gum jaw lines unpleasant but not really painful. My old reheat got a root canal was to book 7.00 appointment. Play poker the whole night go to dentist get the work done. Go home sleep wake up jaw is defrosted hate the feeling as it wears off.

Comment

Imagine going to a leg specialist, telling the leg specialist that your leg is very sore..they then start poking your leg to see if you are actually telling the truth.

Must be 7/8 weeks ago i got a tooth out, on the way home i got a nosebleed, turns out the root was in the sinus cavity, rare enough according to dentist, in her 20 years she has only seen it 3 times and all healed up after 3/4 weeks.

Of course mine didnt. Met with dental surgeon last week to get it repaired, there is a "communication" (hole) from my mouth to the sinus cavity that needs to be repaired, gum needs to be cut and a flap made to be stitched to the other side, may require some inert bovine bone material also as a bone graft...all well and good says you but because of my heart the general anesthetic complicates things, may have to get in done in Galway and do an overnight, they are discussing it with their team.

A right pain in the hole, because of the opening the cold is extremely sore, im only getting 4/5 hours relief from ibuprofen, something is going on with the nerves of the teeth next to it that makes them feel loose and extremely sensitive.

Provisionally booked in for surgery dec 10, lets hope they dont take over the hospitals again.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Good man Ole, that'll reassure him

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Lao Lao, I retract my previous post, you were right, I was wrong. Turns out Carrick is just a gowl.

Comment

If he jeeps asking you "is it safe?" you better believe it's going to hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Imagine going to a leg specialist, telling the leg specialist that your leg is very sore..they then start poking your leg to see if you are actually telling the truth.

Must be 7/8 weeks ago i got a tooth out, on the way home i got a nosebleed, turns out the root was in the sinus cavity, rare enough according to dentist, in her 20 years she has only seen it 3 times and all healed up after 3/4 weeks.

Of course mine didnt. Met with dental surgeon last week to get it repaired, there is a "communication" (hole) from my mouth to the sinus cavity that needs to be repaired, gum needs to be cut and a flap made to be stitched to the other side, may require some inert bovine bone material also as a bone graft...all well and good says you but because of my heart the general anesthetic complicates things, may have to get in done in Galway and do an overnight, they are discussing it with their team.

A right pain in the hole, because of the opening the cold is extremely sore, im only getting 4/5 hours relief from ibuprofen, something is going on with the nerves of the teeth next to it that makes them feel loose and extremely sensitive.

Provisionally booked in for surgery dec 10, lets hope they dont take over the hospitals again.
                                                                                                                        Having watched the first few episodes of Dopesick I think an individualised dose of OxyContin will sort you right out.

Comment

If you can, find a top dentist as your dentist imo. Random dentists can do untold harm with procedures that are not simple.

Also, I just heard a taxi man wish someone 'Happy Christmas'. Now I like Christmas and early decorations and whatnot, but a November 'Happy Christmas' exclamation is not on.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X