X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's probably the most depressing photo of the whole Trump era, foreshadowing a very dark future.
    Yeah, any hopes of him retiring quietly are long gone. Decided not to post it at the time, but a few weeks ago Don Jr was selling t-shirts on his site with the slogan 'Guns don't kill, Alec Baldwin kills.'
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
      That's probably the most depressing photo of the whole Trump era, foreshadowing a very dark future.
      download.jpg
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's 5/4 DJT, 5s bar, for the GOP nomination. A year after we thought it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          It's 5/4 DJT, 5s bar, for the GOP nomination. A year after we thought it was over.
          You would want your head examined to be taking the 5/4

Comment

When you step back and consider it what difference does it make what price something was two months ago to your judgement of whether a product is worth the current price to you? The whole phenomenon of a sale / bargain seems to connect with something quite strong in us which isn't rational and usually doesn't even relate to money or the product imo.

Comment

Managed to get myself out of the career dead end job and into the one I wanted.

Took a novel approach to this: I told my boss what I wanted to do and he said OK.

Comment

Lol- ducking hell

They should be investigating all this win a house GAA raffles you just know there’s shenanigans in most of those
                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Crazy that people are giving out about Black Friday but let Amazon off the hook for the other 364 days a year of selling unnecessary tat and brands that used to be good but have turned to shite because of the likes of Amazon and everything they represent. It’s not even cheaper than brick and mortar most Of the time?
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Gazprom (Putin) screwing up the energy market in Europe.
                    Energy prices now at an unprecedented all time high presumably to a fair extent due to the flow of gas from Russia.

Medium business user gas price (contract) to end user has almost quadrupled since 12 months ago.

Small business user gas 2.5 times

Electricity has almost doubled.

Sickening to go to a customer running a restaurant and inform them it will cost another €20k to run their business next year after an already impossibly tough 20 months.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                      Gazprom (Putin) screwing up the energy market in Europe.
                      Energy prices now at an unprecedented all time high presumably to a fair extent due to the flow of gas from Russia.

Medium business user gas price (contract) to end user has almost quadrupled since 12 months ago.

Small business user gas 2.5 times

Electricity has almost doubled.

Sickening to go to a customer running a restaurant and inform them it will cost another €20k to run their business next year after an already impossibly tough 20 months.

Putin is to blame for many things, but not the EU's failure to build enough power plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Putin is to blame for many things, but not the EU's failure to build enough power plants.
                        Yes.

Overreliance on a stable supply of gas from Russia does leave us open to price manipulation and political manouvers. The delay in certification for the Nord 3 pipeline must be part of this particular political football. Presumably there are other costs of production factors at play however the bottom line is bad news for my customers and in turn bad news for me.

Comment

You don't think the rise in the input prices (i.e. gas) by 450% is relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You would want your head examined to be taking the 5/4
                            5s is a no brainer imo.
                            Trumpism without trump is the GOP playbook for thre next 10 years
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

5s is a no brainer imo.
                              Trumpism without trump is the GOP playbook for thre next 10 years
                              I don't think it's 5/1 the field. Presumably 5s against de Santis and then name your own price the rest?

Comment

Finally finished the masterpiece that is the Fall and Rise of China. Need a new The Great Courses history series of lectures for my breakfast edification. Have whittled it down to one on Sub-Sahara Africa, Russia, Mongol Empire, and Celtic World. Think I'll go for the Africa one.

Comment

You don't think the rise in the input prices (i.e. gas) by 450% is relevant?
                                  It's crazy to rely on gas from Russia. It's not like Putin got into power last year and we aren't sure what he's like. The build-up of demand and lack of supply of energy was pretty predictable - we've been shutting down coal plants without building anything to replace them. Funnily enough, Trump warned Europe about this!

I think I expressed some anti-nuclear sentiment here before but having done quite a bit of reading about it I've completely changed my beliefs, In terms of trade-offs it's by far the best energy source we have now that can scale to what we need.

Comment

The power of social media is amazing! Threw up a post on Instagram, if anyone spotted a decent deal for the MacBook let me know.
                                    A long time follower (never met her) chatted a fair bit, contacted me to tell me her partner works for Apple and got me a whopping 27% off!!
                                    Absolutely over the moon with it.
                                    It's purchased and will be here in the next few days.
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Dont not worry comrades the price of Wodka will remain as is

Comment

Just back from basketball. Not passing the ball to a guy on my team because I'm either not seeing him or I think he is not in a great spot. Hearing him in my peripheral complaining about him being open and me not making the easy obvious pass (in his mind). This happens maybe for two consecutive turnovers. I'm not saying a word.

Next thing I know we are back getting set up on D and he comes up in my face pushing me in the chest all "Why aren't you passing me the ball? Why aren't you passing me the ball?"

Pissing and moaning is rife in this game and the fouling is off the charts because there is no ref, but laying hands on somebody in this way is way over the line. I get a little hot verbally at this point but refrain from knocking his block off, which was well within my wheelhouse in this particular situation. That's when peacemaker comes up to me and tells me to cool things down. That didn't have the desired effect let me tell you. More verbal and eventually back to the game.

Your man was totally out of order yet somehow I was painted as the villain. Handshakes all round after the game of course but really could have done without that shite.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          Just back from basketball. Not passing the ball to a guy on my team because I'm either not seeing him or I think he is not in a great spot. Hearing him in my peripheral complaining about him being open and me not making the easy obvious pass (in his mind). This happens maybe for two consecutive turnovers. I'm not saying a word.

Next thing I know we are back getting set up on D and he comes up in my face pushing me in the chest all "Why aren't you passing me the ball? Why aren't you passing me the ball?"

Pissing and moaning is rife in this game and the fouling is off the charts because there is no ref, but laying hands on somebody in this way is way over the line. I get a little hot verbally at this point but refrain from knocking his block off, which was well within my wheelhouse in this particular situation. That's when peacemaker comes up to me and tells me to cool things down. That didn't have the desired effect let me tell you. More verbal and eventually back to the game.

Your man was totally out of order yet somehow I was painted as the villain. Handshakes all round after the game of course but really could have done without that shite.
                                          The majority of the ex GAA heads that I've played 5 a side with were always quite fond of leaving the boot in or dishing out an over-eager shoulder. Two of them in particular were the typical kind of uncompromising players who'd leave it all out there physically. Not particularly dirty as such but just tough grafters and they'd go after you if they felt slighted.

Anyway, they get paired on opposite teams and one bumps into the other innocously. The favour gets returned more vigorously and this escalates tit for tat a couple more times. The two lads are now foaming at the mouth, ready to rip out each other's throats and have to be separated before the game gets abandoned. Turns out the two lads are actually brothers in law. Their wives are sisters and the two lads surprisingly do get on really well together. Just don't put them on opposite teams or they'll eventually kill each other. The rest of us just avoid getting tangled up with them and it's there's no drama.

Some of these ex-GAA lads (in their 40s) seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder and consider the 5 aside something akin to a county final. Whatever is going on in their life or the lack of competitive outlet since retiring seems to have driven them down the Roy Keane path. Seems to be common enough.

Comment

Wombatman tis quite possible that you were told to calm down because the person saying it knows the twat starting on you, and realises that the twat is always going to be a twat, thus would only be wasting his time.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

In my experience GAA players are shite at soccer , their actual ball control is akin to office heads playing 5 a side who never played the game. The chip is there . In my Microsoft days Brogan senior played some footie with us. He could hoof it a mile but was like a cart horse . Sample size and all that but I'd say I haven't played against a decent Gaa crossover player. Jayo, Kevin Moran etc were exceptions at the top end. GAA football whilst entertaining is basically physically fit lads having a scrap whilst kicking a ball over a bar when they get bored . Hurling, now those boys are a different story . Class.

UPDADUBS .
                                              Incoming abuse accepted .

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

The majority of the ex GAA heads that I've played 5 a side with were always quite fond of leaving the boot in or dishing out an over-eager shoulder. Two of them in particular were the typical kind of uncompromising players who'd leave it all out there physically. Not particularly dirty as such but just tough grafters and they'd go after you if they felt slighted.

Anyway, they get paired on opposite teams and one bumps into the other innocously. The favour gets returned more vigorously and this escalates tit for tat a couple more times. The two lads are now foaming at the mouth, ready to rip out each other's throats and have to be separated before the game gets abandoned. Turns out the two lads are actually brothers in law. Their wives are sisters and the two lads surprisingly do get on really well together. Just don't put them on opposite teams or they'll eventually kill each other. The rest of us just avoid getting tangled up with them and it's there's no drama.

Some of these ex-GAA lads (in their 40s) seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder and consider the 5 aside something akin to a county final. Whatever is going on in their life or the lack of competitive outlet since retiring seems to have driven them down the Roy Keane path. Seems to be common enough.
                                                In years of playing football i have the exact opposite, GAA players are very tough, but with absolutely no malice, and they enjoy a tough challenge even when on the receiving end of one. I always found them a joy to play with, much better than the average soccer player.

I remember one challenge in particular where we both shoulder charged each other, absolutely smacked off each other no way near the ball, but both of us stayed on our feet..the next time I ran past him on the pitch he winked at me as if to say "fair play lad"

Comment

Got my replica Eames chair at weekend, delighted with it.
                                                  Delivery guy asked if the chair suits the room in house, it's the other way round mate the room will have to suit the chair.
                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Messi couldn't give two fucks imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                      Delivery guy asked if the chair suits the room in house, it's the other way round mate the room will have to suit the chair.
                                                      How much was the replica?
                                                      I kinda feel bad going for a knock off over a legitimate one. and its just some chinese factory blatently stealing the design.
                                                      On the other hand, it's considerable more likely that I'll buy a replicas than the real thing.

Assuming by replica you don't mean official replica.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                        Chair. Bookcase. Lamp.

Drinks cabinet.

All the furniture a man will need.

Comment

The 30 for 30 podcast about Ivey and his Chinese accomplice, and their $20m baccarat sting is worth a listen.

Comment

Up the 5 nights. Yeeeehawwww

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                              Up the 5 nights. Yeeeehawwww
                                                              Out of interest had a look when the 3rd night was announced i was 175462 in the queue
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

First part of Peter Jackson's Beatles archive footage thing dropping on Disney+ today.

Comment

I'm I the only one who doesn't understand the Garth Brooks mania?

Comment

The Missus and I were in Vegas in 2010. Looking for a few shows , the Beatles LOVE etc we saw a poster of Garth playing somewhere in town. We looked at each other . Bwahhhh no fking way .

Comment

Far from it imo

Comment

Yes,

its all 90s nostalgia,imagine we could watch arsenal v United from the 1998/99 era except all the players perform exactly as well as they did then now

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Yes,

its all 90s nostalgia,imagine we could watch arsenal v United from the 1998/99 era except all the players perform exactly as well as they did then now
                                                                          No

It's all part of our general societal immaturity and lack of cultural sophistication. Hence why stuff like Brooks and D'Unbelievables sell out.

Luckily we still have a few people like me and Wombatman to redress the balance.

Comment

Yes,

No a good comparison. We are the RepubHICK of Ireland sure look at the shite cleaning up singing country tunes around the country

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

No a good comparison. We are the RepubHICK of Ireland sure look at the shite cleaning up singing country tunes around the country
                                                                              Why doesn’t Nathan Carter play Croke park then? The dubs just don’t get it… ya would prob kick Garth out of the Cobblestone

Comment

Why doesn’t Nathan Carter play Croke park then? The dubs just don’t get it… ya would prob kick Garth out of the Cobblestone
                                                                                He punches above his talent weight.

Garth is accepted in the Cobblestone anytime but he must wait till it's his turn to sing.

The talent pool in the US is huge and rich. . I doubt Carter would get a look in if grew up over there .

Comment

At least now I get the reference Dobby was making last night.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                    At least now I get the reference Dobby was making last night.
                                                                                    Not sure I posted anything last night as I was out and busy. Must have me mixed up with someone.

Comment

In years of playing football i have the exact opposite, GAA players are very tough, but with absolutely no malice, and they enjoy a tough challenge even when on the receiving end of one. I always found them a joy to play with, much better than the average soccer player.

I remember one challenge in particular where we both shoulder charged each other, absolutely smacked off each other no way near the ball, but both of us stayed on our feet..the next time I ran past him on the pitch he winked at me as if to say "fair play lad"

Maybe the lads you've played with had plenty of soccer experience. I've loads of anecdotes from my side, maybe it's a culchie experience? Most of the country schools down here had no soccer. Some craic asking the teachers to have a soccer team. LOL foreign sports, is the GAA not good enough for ya young man!?

I brought an actual soccer fella to one of these GAA lads 5 a side games. He got kicked after 5 mins and stayed in goals for the duration. "I'm never playing with these animals again, I have to go f****in work tomorrow lad!"

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Heres the thing. You don't have to understand it or even take any notice of it. It's almost like people can have different interests.

And not having a go at you wombat but same shtick all over Twitter. "I wouldn't open the curtains to watch him" etc etc. Not sure why people feel the need to share their hate for something they've no interest in but here we are.

Comment

No

It's all part of our general societal immaturity and lack of cultural sophistication. Hence why stuff like Brooks and D'Unbelievables sell out.

Luckily we still have a few people like me and Wombatman to redress the balance.
                                                                                            Flushdraws wedding in Donegal was great for this.
                                                                                            It was held in a venue in the wilds that was covered in posters for showband acts like Margo and the Singing Brickie.

Comment

There's some people that the 5aside game is their life somehow. A group that plays before us threatened to fight us as we didn't give them vocal warnings that their time was nearly up (even though we HAD and don't need to keep time for adults)

I am on holiday this week until January, feelsgoodman.
                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 25-11-21, 13:31.

Comment

On the soccer thing. I played both soccer and football growing up and played soccer until 2 years ago. Now I just play football but jump in to a 7 a side any time they're short numbers. I've no problem mixing it or taking a few shoulders/dodgy tackles but a couple of lads really do take it very seriously and makes me think wtf at times.

Think someone mentioned its lads who might have played sport all their lives now in their 40s, slowing down and belly growing. No way of channelling the aggression which was always released by training 3 times a week with a match at weekends.

I suppose I'm lucky I still play competitively, admittedly at a very low level, and I treat those games as a bit of fun but I'd hate to play regularly with some lads.

Comment

It's all the line dancing wankers from the 90's

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

It's all the line dancing wankers from the 90's

Yes,

QED

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

QED
                                                                                                      How do we verify quality of line dancing comparisons?! Asking for a friend

Comment

Heres the thing. You don't have to understand it or even take any notice of it. It's almost like people can have different interests.

And not having a go at you wombat but same shtick all over Twitter. "I wouldn't open the curtains to watch him" etc etc. Not sure why people feel the need to share their hate for something they've no interest in but here we are.
                                                                                                        I blame it all on your roots.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Not sure I posted anything last night as I was out and busy. Must have me mixed up with someone.
                                                                                                          I see it was this morning you posted. Although surely you having posted "Up the 5 nights. Yeeehaww" should have trumped the question of the timing of it in figuring it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I blame it all on your roots.
                                                                                                            I missed out on tickets. I'd swear I heard someone say they were going on sale in chemists so while they were selling out on Ticketmaster I showed up in Boots

Comment

How do we verify quality of line dancing comparisons?! Asking for a friend

You use the stetsonometer - The bigger the hat, the worse quality of the line dancing

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I missed out on tickets. I'd swear I heard someone say they were going on sale in chemists so while they were selling out on Ticketmaster I showed up in Boots
                                                                                                                You're the last one I thought I'd see there.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I see it was this morning you posted. Although surely you having posted "Up the 5 nights. Yeeehaww" should have trumped the question of the timing of it in figuring it out.
                                                                                                                  Ah, just wasnt sure. Most of the time I post and dont think about it again. So could have posted some nonsense I wasnt sure about but knew I wasnt on last night is all.

Hope all is well Hotspur.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

You're the last one I thought I'd see there.
                                                                                                                    I saw the surprise, the fear in his eyes.

^^^ that's me seeing Lazare being dragged kicking and screaming into Croker

Comment

I saw the surprise, the fear in his eyes.

^^^ that's me seeing Lazare being dragged kicking and screaming into Croker
                                                                                                                      It'd be enough to make a Christian out of him

No atheists in foxholes at Garth Brooks concerts

Comment

Got to hand t to the Americans, it is delightful for those of us that work for them to get a day off to do online Xmas shopping every year.

Comment

The right to lambast the shite music that doesn’t float your boat is akin to the footie rivals slagging off each other. It’s harmless fun . (well it is for me) . The indignation is was makes it so.

Take Adele for example, she is no doubt very talented vocally but for the life of me I can’t understand a blind word she is saying. No clarity in her singing at all. Like the drunk at Billy Connolly parties in the 70s. I was discussing this with a member of my BLM KLAN , and I was accused of music snobbery. I fail to see how snobbery can enter into it at all especially since my own taste buds have been well fired at . I also enjoy the Garth bashing, it drives the culchies and some of my misguided relatives mad. Michael Buble is another one, I’ve nearly been lynched .
                                                                                                                          The nut worst for me was Robbie Williams doing that Swing album and I found it in my wives CD collection. I was mentally dividing up our assets there and then.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X