Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems the death penalty is easily administered in Mellors world . Seems also to be alternative facts in my news feed .

Andyfatbastard come at me with your skateboard . I'll cut you 1st with my ice skates ( unless Mellor hits me with his boomerang for trying to take down the skateboard wielding maniac) .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      That the problem nowdays. People pick a side and expect "their" side to be spotless and above reproach and anything ugly can be waved away.
      It's not relevent to the point of rittenhouse's actions. And doesn't mitigate his guilt or innocence in any way.
      Was it self defense? As the law in the US is written, I think it was.
      I purposely didn’t mention it as it cheapens an argument to focus on past crimes rather than relevant actions.
      Most of the time it’s used in a shitty way to smear a victim or dependent.

But at the same time, it’s also an indicator of mental state. Chasing after, and lunging at an person who is armed is not reasonable behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        When does some high spirited hijinx become an orgy?
        When the stiffy is brandished.

Comment

considering recent news, how edited will this need to be
          Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Sky Sports Racing dont show any Irish Racing
          Am I missing something or is there something other than your typical Paul Kimmage, here's a banana and an apple now look at this orange, article out there?

Has someone been charged with something? what doping was going on?
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Not sure why you think number of people shot is irrelevant? Gunfight is comparable to knifefight, not minimum participation required.

Multiple people carrying guns. One fires his gun. A scuffle. Rittenhouse fires his gun. Next guy pulls out his gun. He gets shot. I’m comfortable saying that’s a gunfight tbh. But the word used is hardly relevant.
            3 shot by him how is that not relevant? You mentioned a gunfight . Only one person shooting people here . It's a simple premise

Comment

I purposely didn’t mention it as it cheapens an argument to focus on past crimes rather than relevant actions.
              Most of the time it’s used in a shitty way to smear a victim or dependent.

But at the same time, it’s also an indicator of mental state. Chasing after, and lunging at an person who is armed is not reasonable behaviour.
              Reasonable behaviour ? So in America if a few of you lunge at an armed man you DIE and he gets off scot free ? And you have ZERO sympathy for anyone punished in this regard .
              if I was there and saw a teen with an automatic shooting someone . I'd like to think I'd help disarm him. I'd be shot and you would have zero sympathy. Cool . Hard to argue there .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                Seems the death penalty is easily administered in Mellors world . Seems also to be alternative facts in my news feed .
                Lol Solks. I see you’ve stopped trying to talking about the laws facts and return to the usually nonsense.

I understand what saying but it’s coming from a position of being uninformed.
                3 shot by him how is that not relevant? You mentioned a gunfight . Only one person shooting people here . It's a simple premise
                Relevant and irrelevant are different words.
                You said “only 3 people shot”. I’m asking how is that relevant to calling it a gunfight. But it’s telling that you focusing on semantics rather than previous points about the law in that state etc.

And there wasn’t only one person who shot. Again, you’re simple important facts that make a huge difference.

Comment

That the problem nowdays. People pick a side and expect "their" side to be spotless and above reproach and anything ugly can be waved away.
                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter

Am I missing something or is there something other than your typical Paul Kimmage, here's a banana and an apple now look at this orange, article out there?

Has someone been charged with something? what doping was going on?
                  fair point
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Lol Solks. I see you’ve stopped trying to talking about the laws facts and return to the usually nonsense.

I understand what saying but it’s coming from a position of being uninformed.

Relevant and irrelevant are different words.
                    You said “only 3 people shot”. I’m asking how is that relevant to calling it a gunfight. But it’s telling that you focusing on semantics rather than previous points about the law in that state etc.

And there wasn’t only one person who shot. Again, you’re simple important facts that make a huge difference.
                    Nonsense ? They were trying to stop a shooter . He murdered them like he set himself up to do with his ample war chest This is information widely available . You have already said you have no sympathy for the 1st 2 so despite what you laughably say about cheapening the argument you had your mind made up already about one of them. . I'm as informed as you are I simply do not dismiss murder as easily as you do. Self defence is laughable .

Comment

if I was there and saw a teen with an automatic shooting someone . I'd like to think I'd help disarm him. I'd be shot and you would have zero sympathy. Cool . Hard to argue there .
                      Solks you are still looking at it from our laws. You don’t seem to get that their laws are different. Their laws are batshit crazy. And lead to these clusterfucks. My opinion is based completely on their messed up laws.

Rittenhouse was legally allowed to be armed on the street. Look at how many of them are armed in those videos.

Rosenbaum had no legal grounds to attack and try and disarm him. He was the one breaking the law. Saying you’d do the same is baffling.

Similarly the guy who pulled out a gun and pointed it at the armed teenager. No idea how you can justify that.

Comment

Not sure why you think number of people shot is irrelevant? Gunfight is comparable to knifefight, not minimum participation required.

Multiple people carrying guns. One fires his gun. A scuffle. Rittenhouse fires his gun. Next guy pulls out his gun. He gets shot. I’m comfortable saying that’s a gunfight tbh. But the word used is hardly relevant.
                        If he'd emptied the entire magazine into the crowd, would you be OK with that too?
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The bar for using lethal force should be extremely high (whether that be for armed law enforcement, or indeed private citizens) - no matter whether you are legally entitled to carry a weapon or not (which by the way, Rittenhouse, a child at the time of the shooting was not).

Wibbling about some fella 'lunging' or waving a skateboard is so far below that bar, it's would be laughable if not so serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

If he'd emptied the entire magazine into the crowd, would you be OK with that too?
                            No. Of course not. But that didn’t happen.
                            I noticed you dodge my questions. On what you expected to happen.

I complete agree with your view on your version with the unarmed victims. But that’s not what happen according to the evidence in court.

Comment

Mellor you are picking and choosing from the court case to support your self defence argument . Why not pick from the prosecutions arguments . Same court of law .

Sadly there is where we are . Looking forward to the carnage after the trial .

Comment

I hadn't heard about any of this until reading here. So what is the relevant law over there regarding proportionality in self-defence?

Comment

Wibbling about some fella 'lunging' or waving a skateboard is so far below that bar, it's would be laughable if not so serious.
                                  Convient that you ignore the guy who fired first and the other guy who pulled a gun. Having to misrepresent what happened is not a good sign.

What do you think the rioter would have done would have if he got his hands on the rifle? Serious question.
                                  This is a guy who was setting property on fire moments before. Downplaying his actions as harmless is wilful ignorance.

I’m not saying he deserved to die. Nobody there deserved to die. I’m absolutely not trying to dismiss the homicide that happened. I’m just pointing out that when you let people arm themselves. This is the outcome.

FYI court ruled that despite being 17 he was not illegal armed. Even if he was, it would be grounds for the first guy to attack him.
                                  I don’t agree with the open carry laws. But given that is the law, I can’t seen how the guys who instigated the incident are not to blame here.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    I hadn't heard about any of this until reading here. So what is the relevant law over there regarding proportionality in self-defence?
                                    'fire at will'

Comment

It seems like we've nicely worked ourselves up to a decent betting opportunity
                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        If the jury is made up of IPB members, I want 10/1 against a conviction at least!

Probably award him a medal and a scholarship to Harvard.

Comment

Mellor you are picking and choosing from the court case to support your self defence argument . Why not pick from the prosecutions arguments . Same court of law .

Sadly there is where we are . Looking forward to the carnage after the trial .
                                          Where have I picked and chosen? I referred to the evidence that’s been established and both sides appear to agree on. I may have missed some.
                                          I haven’t pick from arguments from either side because arguments are not evidence. Neither are appeals to emotion, which is what you were doing.

I wasn’t trying to insult you by saying you were uninformed. It genuinely looked like you were unaware of certain facts.
                                          Like your first post you seem unaware that they can legally open carry in that state. Pretty important. And unaware that another guy shot first. Also import.
                                          Did you watch the videos Wombatman posted? Look at how many are armed. When that’s considered legal, and it coincides with a riot. Of course somebody is going to get hurt.

When I said I’ve no sympathy, of course I don’t want to see anyone killed. I mean in a “play stupid games” sort of way. If you pull out a gun and point it at somebody else with a gun. There’s a few ways that is going to go, most of them bad.

Comment

I was just reading a very in-depth legal study of the case there, the law around the perception of a deadly force nature attack includes perceiving an attack would cause serious bodily injury.

Comment

If the jury is made up of IPB members, I want 10/1 against a conviction at least!

Probably award him a medal and a scholarship to Harvard.
                                              I imagine we'd be fans of the tombola jury selection show and how it'd affect betting lines

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

'fire at will'
                                                Fire at those that threaten you with weapons skate boards steel graphite I’m sure is lethal if you got a few belts around the head. Try to run but if you can’t come out and come out heavy. Usually when a mob or group is like this if you hurt the first one the rest will disperse. If the defendant had been knocked to the ground his weapon could have been taken off him and used against him.

Comment

I imagine we'd be fans of the tombola jury selection show and how it'd affect betting lines

What the fucking fuck?

That's mental. So the people who holds the defendant's life in their hands are literally in his hand there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Fire at those that threaten you with weapons skate boards steel graphite I’m sure is lethal if you got a few belts around the head. Try to run but if you can’t come out and come out heavy. Usually when a mob or group is like this if you hurt the first one the rest will disperse. If the defendant had been knocked to the ground his weapon could have been taken off him and used against him.
                                                    can we try a legal case based on:
                                                    1. what did happen? (facts) OR
                                                    2. what might have happened? (speculation)
                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 17-11-21, 17:25.

Comment

Getting close to buying a new member of the family.

Not a slave, although might be handy, but rather a replacement for El Stuntdog (RIP).

The consensus seems to be either a Labradoodle or a Goldendoodle.

Anyone on here got experience of either?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                        I’m sure it’s reasonable complex. But the gist I got was that you can use force to prevent unlawful interference, the force must be reasonable. it can go as far as causing death if you believe you are at risk of serious harm.

The other guy with the glock is clear. But it all hinges on the first guy imo. He had no grounds to come after Rittenhouse. Comes down to whether he was trying to get the rifle, and what he was likely to do if he got it.

When open carry is legal. People will always be seconds away from thinking they are in danger and holding a gun. Idiotic scenario to allow.

Comment

Not a slave, although might be handy, but rather a replacement for El Stuntdog (RIP).

way too many people i know have something doodles. a lot of them are nuts. get a proper mongrel, not a designer one

Comment

No direct experience of either. But I once heard that Labradoodles were originally crossed to so as not to shed hair. The idea being they be better seeing eye dogs if they weren’t shedding all over the gaf. Alway struct me as a good feature in general.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

way too many people i know have something doodles. a lot of them are nuts. get a proper mongrel, not a designer one
                                                              Golden doodles are mellow as- great temperament. doodles with a spaniel in the mix are nuts.
                                                              goldendoodles don’t shed and are fantastic with kids imo- cost a bomb these days too would imagine labradoodles much the same
                                                              valiable advice Raoul won’t see due to his sensitivity to home truths about rugger
                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

No direct experience of either. But I once heard that Labradoodles were originally crossed to so as not to shed hair. The idea being they be better seeing eye dogs if they weren’t shedding all over the gaf. Alway struct me as a good feature in general.
                                                                None of us are allergic so wouldn't be a major consideration really.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Are you trying to police peoples actions here? People have been just making their predictions, shooting their shot in a friendly manner, it's totally out of line to try and browbeat them into a bet. Now maybe take a day or two off to reflect on what is missing from your life that would lead to you to behave in such a cavalier fashion.

PS I'm super smart

Comment

What the fucking fuck?

That's mental. So the people who holds the defendant's life in their hands are literally in his hand there.
                                                                    I guess it makes sense if there is a valid or long standing fear of jury tampering or jury stuffing in the state?
                                                                    You have to get to 7 jurors instead of one
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That escalated quickly to heading down the country to probably buy a Goldendoodle pup this weekend. Although not golden, but rather cream.

The likelihood of at least one of of us being home for the next while sealed the deal.

Comment

Can we all not just agree that America, land of the free and home of the brave, is a fucking cesspit of a shithole.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Can we all not just agree that America, land of the free and home of the brave, is a fucking cesspit of a shithole.
                                                                          Why 50 states some stunning scenery good people bad people everywhere. A blanket statement like that is ridiculous. Only been there twice to Florida and found the natives friendly fun and very helpful. Whether they were black white Hispanic.
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 17-11-21, 18:10.

Comment

That escalated quickly to heading down the country to probably buy a Goldendoodle pup this weekend. Although not golden, but rather cream.

The likelihood of at least one of of us being home for the next while sealed the deal.
                                                                            Good luck poodles from what I’ve seen are bordering on insane. Is the golden half retriever or golden cocker could be a very large dog. A walk will be no good will need to be ran boredom will set in say goodbye to the garden good luck.

Comment

Good luck poodles from what I’ve seen are bordering on insane. Is the golden half retriever or golden cocker could be a very large dog. A walk will be no good will need to be ran boredom will set in say goodbye to the garden good luck.
                                                                              "Mother is Golden Retriever and Father is a standard Poodle"

Comment

Why 50 states some stunning scenery good people bad people everywhere. A blanket statement like that is ridiculous. Only been there twice to Florida and found the natives friendly fun and very helpful. Whether they were black white Hispanic.
                                                                                Nah. It's broken. The locals might be friendly but when you can walk around with a fucking assault rifle and it be legal and the risk of any kind of injury could bankrupt you. It seems like a pretty broken place. Might not even be fixable.

But the upside for the kind of society they are made them the most powerful nation in the world... so I dunno. World is fucked.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Very true. Reminds me of a discussion with a lad a few years ago when i was going Stateside.

"All thick cunts over there, sure most of them cant even name three counties in Ireland".

Me - Bet you €100 you cant name 3 counties in ANY State in the US....

"What are you on about, sure they dont have counties in America, sure each State is barely bigger than a county in Ireland, they just have more"

Comment

Are you trying to police peoples actions here? People have been just making their predictions, shooting their shot in a friendly manner, it's totally out of line to try and browbeat them into a bet. Now maybe take a day or two off to reflect on what is missing from your life that would lead to you to behave in such a cavalier fashion.

PS I'm super smart
                                                                                    u ok hun x0x
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Raoul, you are a man of umbrellas and poncy sports so walking a Labradoodle will fit the picture perfectly.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"Mother is Golden Retriever and Father is a standard Poodle"
                                                                                        "Pup will be insane"

Comment

America is a beautiful ugly friendly hostile country. The same can be said of it's people.

Comment

You're threading such a fine line so well HJ that I didn't at first realise what you were doing until I remembered the 'taking a few days off' line from a while back

Comment

No hate at Raoul, but I'm getting pretty sick of all the over the top dog-loving. My sister has three dogs that completely rule and destroy her life, and last time I opened facebook someone I know from poker was setting up a business selling dog umbrellas. I feel like people who really love dogs are doing it because dog loyalty and love is unconditional and they aren't capable of real human relationships. Getting a god to love you is as difficult as sitting on a couch - and as rewarding.

Comment

In other news, two of DCUs finest* had feijoada for din-dins in Fabi's of Temple Bar and it was very very good indeed. Definitely going back there for both more feijoada and possibly half the menu as it all looked class and seemed to exclusively consist of Brazilians dining there, the ultimate compliment.

* dobbs and I

Comment

Just in case anyone thinks I'm making it up - I know it's hard to put on poker tournaments, but pets don't need umbrellas Capture.JPG

Comment

(no hate to Glen who is a great guy and super TD)

Comment

Just in case anyone thinks I'm making it up - I know it's hard to put on poker tournaments, but pets don't need umbrellas Capture.JPG
                                                                                                      Inspector Gadget Dogs, I love it

Comment

No hate at Raoul, but I'm getting pretty sick of all the over the top dog-loving. My sister has three dogs that completely rule and destroy her life, and last time I opened facebook someone I know from poker was setting up a business selling dog umbrellas. I feel like people who really love dogs are doing it because dog loyalty and love is unconditional and they aren't capable of real human relationships. Getting a god to love you is as difficult as sitting on a couch - and as rewarding.
                                                                                                        lol, HJ man. You are a miserable fucker.

Do you enjoy anything in life? Or is everything just judged in levels of misery?

Comment

I love and hate in equal measures. I am a uniquely well balanced individual.

Comment

and really smart.

Comment

Right now I am enjoying the midday Mexican sun before my siesta! 3e507da5-aa54-4df6-975b-57300b9933e9.jpg

Comment

Hector el Narcotrafficante Jelly imo

Comment

Right now I am enjoying the midday Mexican sun before my siesta! 3e507da5-aa54-4df6-975b-57300b9933e9.jpg
                                                                                                                  White as cocaína and wearing black.

Me pregunto de donde es el

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'm tempted to get this either framed or tattooed.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

White as cocaína and wearing black.

Me pregunto de donde es el
                                                                                                                        Navy!!
                                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Personally love this narky version of HJ.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X