X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Clearly nobody has sent you a “hope your doing well”
    We have two IT staff whom either put that phrase in each email, or will introduce themselves with their full name and position at the start of each email.

They've been working with us for over a year, and send multiple mails on a daily basis.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hi There
      Stay Safe Guys,
      Best Regards

Comment

Kind retards
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Someone I have seen for a couple of months sent we a message last night asking if I'd like to meet up, and I was talking to someone else as I was replying. Wanted to type "that would be lovely". I use the swipe method of texting. Let's just say it's quite easy to type "lonely" instead of "lovely" that way.

Comment

I go with "Hi all". Or simply "All,"
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Not sure if I've ever used the word 'stunning' before and meant it literally.

Lay in bed last night after finishing this and just stared at the wall for about 20 minutes.

Messaged my brother in law this morning to thank him for recommending, his reply made me lol

Yeah it's pretty much recognised as the pinnacle of the form. So it's all downhill from Maus
              Maus is stunning, but there's so many brilliant times ahead of you.

I'd recommend a complete switch in tone now to Saga. To see what the pure comic book form can be. Saga is gorgeous and brilliant. The Sandman also, by a young Neil Gaiman. Actually maybe The Sandman first.

But, yes, Maus, is so unbelievably moving.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I do have one colleague who ends every email as follows:

"Have a blessed day"
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

have avoided going to the cinema for years as I don't really want to end up with a criminal record for beating some idiot to death with his phone for interrupting the movie. Went twice in the last few years both times early afternoon shows where there were a grand total of 6 and 2 other people there.

for shits and giggles I went searching today for information and found I can book an entire screen to myself for just €250 here. That includes 20 popcorn and soft drinks (which may be a tad excessive even for me...but never say never)

sure it's a lot of money but what price can you put on peaceful enjoyment on a big screen? Really thought it would be multiples of that tbh
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Maus is stunning, but there's so many brilliant times ahead of you.

I'd recommend a complete switch in tone now to Saga. To see what the pure comic book form can be. Saga is gorgeous and brilliant. The Sandman also, by a young Neil Gaiman. Actually maybe The Sandman first.

But, yes, Maus, is so unbelievably moving.
                    Thanks Hitch, I knew you would point me right.

Bro in law has also recommended 'Unflattening'
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'm about to get stuck into Dune now too. Will have to carve out some quality reading time.

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... eamonhonda what was the restaurant/café around Wexford St that youse were recommending just over a year ago?
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                          have avoided going to the cinema for years as I don't really want to end up with a criminal record for beating some idiot to death with his phone for interrupting the movie. Went twice in the last few years both times early afternoon shows where there were a grand total of 6 and 2 other people there.

for shits and giggles I went searching today for information and found I can book an entire screen to myself for just €250 here. That includes 20 popcorn and soft drinks (which may be a tad excessive even for me...but never say never)

sure it's a lot of money but what price can you put on peaceful enjoyment on a big screen? Really thought it would be multiples of that tbh
                          There was some Irish real estate broker fella based in Valencia who was in the Sunday Times at the w/e. Sounded like a great business and lifestyle - have you come across him at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

There was some Irish real estate broker fella based in Valencia who was in the Sunday Times at the w/e. Sounded like a great business and lifestyle - have you come across him at all?
                            Can't say I have, though I agree that real estate here is a great business to be in. To start with, they all get paid on both ends. Both buyer and seller pay the estate agent that sells the house (normally 3% each) but properties are also often listed with multiple agencies which can lead to problems and arguments as to who exactly is responsible for sales etc. It's a very hot market though, places snapped up very quickly and rental revenues seem to be very strong.

As for the lifestyle, yeah it's great. Weather is fantastic almost all year round, everywhere is easily accessible, lost of cultural events and places and tonnes of outdoor activities for the whole family as well as really good and cheap food and drink (menu del día here for lunch is normally 3 courses + 1 drink for anything between €9.95-€12.95) Add to that the volume of places that are easily accessible for weekends away: coast on one side, nature parks/mountains on the other and there's a lot to be said for it.
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Can't say I have, though I agree that real estate here is a great business to be in. To start with, they all get paid on both ends. Both buyer and seller pay the estate agent that sells the house (normally 3% each) but properties are also often listed with multiple agencies which can lead to problems and arguments as to who exactly is responsible for sales etc. It's a very hot market though, places snapped up very quickly and rental revenues seem to be very strong.

As for the lifestyle, yeah it's great. Weather is fantastic almost all year round, everywhere is easily accessible, lost of cultural events and places and tonnes of outdoor activities for the whole family as well as really good and cheap food and drink (menu del día here for lunch is normally 3 courses + 1 drink for anything between €9.95-€12.95) Add to that the volume of places that are easily accessible for weekends away: coast on one side, nature parks/mountains on the other and there's a lot to be said for it.
                              I think this is the man: https://foundvalencia.com/about-us

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                Hitchhiker's Guide To... eamonhonda what was the restaurant/café around Wexford St that youse were recommending just over a year ago?
                                Think it must have been Sprezzatura https://www.sprezzatura.ie/menu and it was coillcam that mentioned it, not honda. Quite the search!

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                On the topic of Italian restaurants I was in another great little spot a couple of weeks back that just blew my mind - Sprezzatura just off Camden St. If I'm not mistaken almost all of the staff and kitchen are Brazilian. This takes nothing away from the brilliant pasta which is freshly made each day. The price is outrageously cheap for what you get - the dessert was only €3.50 and total was €50 for two (1x starter, 2x mains, 2x glasses of wine, 2x desserts + tip). Ordering done online via your phone is a big plus for me too. Food was exceptional for that pice point.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Think it must have been Sprezzatura https://www.sprezzatura.ie/menu and it was coillcam that mentioned it, not honda. Quite the search!

Was racking my brains there. Never got around to visiting that myself. If it's better than Grano on manor st, which I suspect it isn't, it's doing very well
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                    Would there be custom charges on this and would it be a good buy?

https://www.amazon.de/Apple-MacBook-...TER&th=1&psc=1
                                    You're buying inside the EU so no charges but you'll have a German QWERTZ keyboard which will drive you stone mad. If you could guarantee getting an English keyboard it'd be a decent shout. New macbook reviews are out and it's already started shipping. Wait another few weeks for Black Friday if you can.

Comment

You're buying inside the EU so no charges but you'll have a German QWERTZ keyboard which will drive you stone mad. If you could guarantee getting an English keyboard it'd be a decent shout. New macbook reviews are out and it's already started shipping. Wait another few weeks for Black Friday if you can.
                                      Shite German keyboard really. I presumed they would be standard American English type thing. Well that would have a been a disaster lol thanks!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Was racking my brains there. Never got around to visiting that myself. If it's better than Grano on manor st, which I suspect it isn't, it's doing very well
                                        Hitch has deleted all his posts from around then, which made the search even more difficult.

Comment

Both are excellent for different reasons and I couldn't recommend both of them enough. I've been to Grano twice and it's a bit better tbf but it is more expensive. Grano isn't outrageously expensive btw if anyone's wondering it's just that Sprezzatura was ridiculously cheap meaning exceptional value given the quality of food. All of the Grano staff were Italian and from different regions which was meant to reflect on the diversity of dishes. So herself said anyway - she was speaking to the front of house staff.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I found out today that guys is no longer considered to be sexist anymore as an email opener. Will be glad to see the back hi folks which which makes you sound like a knob or hi all which sounds like bad news.

Saying hi goys however is still banned I presume.
                                            Hey>>hi
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Just trying to think of decent Irish tv programmes. Did we ever attempt a detective style show, like the UK is obsessed with?
                                              Dublin Murders was good, well, it wasn't awful
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Char are currently doing an Ultimate Food Guide to Dublin at the minute - Would usually take these with a pinch of salt but in this one, the judging is being done by a dozen plus food people, mainly chefs. Sprezzatura just piped Grano into 1st place.

I haven't eaten in Grano yet (it's on the list) but Sprezzatura is very good - probably little between them to be fair.

Comment

Would there not be simple software/setting that would change it from Qwertz to Qwerty? (Obviously the key would still say Z but when you press it you get a Y).

Comment

Jasis, that was a long month...cheers from Dingle.PXL-20211102-125728191.jpg
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      Jasis, that was a long month...cheers from Dingle.PXL-20211102-125728191.jpg
                                                      Ooh you put the goo on me big time. Bit o fresh fish and a pint be lovely , then a walk in Dingle.

I is jealous

Comment

GFYOLE

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Dublin Murders was good, well, it wasn't awful
                                                          I wholeheartedly disagree

Comment

What pub are you in Ole?

Comment

Not sure if I've ever used the word 'stunning' before and meant it literally.

Lay in bed last night after finishing this and just stared at the wall for about 20 minutes.

Messaged my brother in law this morning to thank him for recommending, his reply made me lol

Yeah it's pretty much recognised as the pinnacle of the form. So it's all downhill from Maus
                                                              Maus is fantastic.
                                                              Still annoyed I gave a lend of my copy to a fella I now haven't spoken to in years.
                                                              Actually, think he has my From Hell as well....

There's an absolute trove of great graphic novels out there.
                                                              Hellblazer, Sandman, Transmetorpolitan, Watchmen, From Hell, Preacher, Y: The Last Man, Sweet Tooth, The Dark Knight Returns,
                                                              The Boys, Injustice: Gods Amongst Us, Sex Criminals..
                                                              I could go on and on and on....
                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 02-11-21, 16:33.

Comment

I also open with 'Hi guys' to the predominantly female colleague recipients.
                                                                I'm a little more crude it seems. In SuperValu this afternoon being served and one of the bakery girls has come out of her lair to make aquaintence with what seems to be a new clerk on the till. So till girl on till says to bakery girl so you work here and there around the place? the bakery girl says no way im 22 years here in the bakery but I sometimes come out to help out(in cuts me to say) "you mean to gossip"?. Only slightly clipped as she dyed in the wool wan and she counters ah I like he gossip too before demurring away. Always a hit with the ladies me.

Agree with the dislike of ''buddy'', I think that a preserve for separated fathers visiting their sons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  What pub are you in Ole?
                                                                  That was Bennys, very few places open during the day, very quiet down here.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Would there not be simple software/setting that would change it from Qwertz to Qwerty? (Obviously the key would still say Z but when you press it you get a Y).
                                                                    You're correct, it's trivial to install any keyboard layout you want on the OS at any time (try Arabic or Korean on Windows for the craic). Say you have the English keyboard setting in play, try getting the usual special characters on a physical German keyboard and see how far you get.

The problem is the physical keyboard itself. You can get a silicone cover that's QWERTY (English) or even little stickers to put on the keys. A pain in the hole if you ask me. If I'm paying €1k+ for a laptop I'm going to get the English keyboard unless I plan on moving to Germany and speaking German full time.

Comment

I go with "Hi all". Or simply "All,"
                                                                      People who start an email with "All" or with just your name foregoing the "Hi" are generally pricks. Annoys me no end. The latter just seems to convey a sense of superiority the person seems to think they have over you.

Or maybe i am just overthinking it.

Note i said generally.

Comment

SatNav - I had a look at this and there's €150 in the difference to order the same Macbook air from the Apple store in Ireland. There's 1-3 day delivery. If you know anyone in university you can get it cheaper with the education discount. Probably close to the same price then. A refurbished one direct from Appl is €959 also.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

People who start an email with "All" or with just your name foregoing the "Hi" are generally pricks. Annoys me no end. The latter just seems to convey a sense of superiority the person seems to think they have over you.

Or maybe i am just overthinking it.

Note i said generally.
                                                                          Absolutely. And people who finish all users email with

/END

lolololol

Comment

Ah Benny's. Stayed out the back there a few times for OV in their self catering rooms Him and da missus are sound. . . Was just heaven having supper and a liquid breakfast practically in the living room. Mike Scott was beside us one morning. The mans normal voice is like a poem recital . Dingle is a special place . Quiet is good .

Comment

Quiet Dingle is the best kind. Always enjoy the winter months down there. Enjoy.

Comment

My go to, as close to Nick's accent as possible......

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

2022 rugby trip booked, a quiet January weekend to see a likely dead rubber match between Connacht and Stade Francais. Managed to get a full decade out of non-metropolitan France before being forced to Paris by the vagaries of the fixture list.

La Rochelle, Lyon and Bordeaux all on the list of unvisited spots too.

Comment

While the website is German there is no guarantee that the poduct is physically coming from Germany, they are only a platform and that particular site source a lot of their goods in UK and China. Always read the small print!

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post

While the website is German there is no guarantee that the poduct is physically coming from Germany, they are only a platform and that particular site source a lot of their goods in UK and China. Always read the small print!
                                                                                      Search the reviews/q+a for "keyboard" on the amazon listing, they explicitly mention receiving a german keyboard and ordering direct from apple if you want an English keyboard.

Comment

Search the reviews/q+a for "keyboard" on the amazon listing, they explicitly mention receiving a german keyboard and ordering direct from apple if you want an English keyboard.
                                                                                        Fair play, more of a general warning for people though. Never assume that a product is coming from the location of the online platform.

Comment

MAGA looks to be back on top in the various elections held yesterday, sigh.

Adds to the lame duck feel around this administration.

Comment

MAGA looks to be back on top in the various elections held yesterday, sigh.

Adds to the lame duck feel around this administration.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Any time I see an anguished tweet from a democrat I imagine curled up on the couch in the foetal position . A bottle of wine deep binge watching the west wing - “if only president Bartlett was in charge”
                                                                                              It’s on them

pretty Clear at this stage too that there is no way Biden sees out his term- is the VP still there ? They’ve kep her well locked up.
                                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Just like Trump then. Amazing how history repeats itself.
                                                                                                Ssssh. Maybe I can be the one dining in Shanahans this time.

Comment

New Jersey is a tossup, that's a bit mad given that Biden won there by 16 points.

Although Chris Christie was governor there before so maybe some dynamics I don't know about.

Comment

Serious rugby post
                                                                                                    Former All Black Carl Hayman diagnosed with early onset dementia at age of 41
                                                                                                    via The Irish Times
                                                                                                    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...f-41-1.4717965

itll be the wigs who will do in rugby union in its current form- this guys tip of the iceberg and they will surely win their case.
                                                                                                    they are going to have to go with 7s or 12s or some form of the game that takes out the “put your head down and charge into a fat lump repeatedly “ aspect
                                                                                                    not sure how anyone could let their teenagers play it- setting them up for major problems down the line
                                                                                                    will probably take a major Irish name to come forward to wake people up in this country
                                                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

New Jersey is a tossup, that's a bit mad given that Biden won there by 16 points.

Although Chris Christie was governor there before so maybe some dynamics I don't know about.
                                                                                                      Most Americans hate both parties equally, so whoever's in charge nearly always gets reigned in.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Most Americans hate both parties equally, so whoever's in charge nearly always gets reigned in.
                                                                                                        That's true (same goes for by-elections here and in the UK too).

But still, a dark blue state electing a GOP to statewide office shouldn't be happening.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Any time I see an anguished tweet from a democrat I imagine curled up on the couch in the foetal position . A bottle of wine deep binge watching the west wing - “if only president Bartlett was in charge”
                                                                                                            I haven't watched the Monica Lewinsky produced version of the Monica Lewinsky story that is running on BBC currently but I was flicking through las night when I caught a toe curlingly bad scene where there was an Anne Coulter lookalike (could have been meant as any female US news reporter) giving an impassioned plea to the editors not to let this story go or else we could end up with < caricature of Trump> In the White House.
                                                                                                            GTFO
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Comment

Any home security experts on here?

Finally have keys to our gaf, now need to protect it from all of the feral animals from Terenure (if they ever drift too far west). Don't want to pay Phonewatch or similar, but want to self-monitor via an app. What's my go-to? Too many of the people we've been in touch with are 'just' sales for monitoring services.

Anyone have any experience ordering/setting up something like this https://simplisafe.co.uk/build-my-system ? Or would advise against all of the shite I've espoused above?

Comment

History repeating itself it terrifying enough. However the US split like this between the ‘nuke em’ brigade and the ‘docile dems’ . The picture becomes even more terrifying. The Next Republican (trumpites) Government will be a BIG danger to the world. Maybe we need our Alien watchers to step up and slap a few anal probes on a few more yokels.

Another pints discussion recently. If we are part of a simulation then we are approaching a level where the Extra terrestrials enter the fray. If the programmers did not include this level in the simulation they are really missing a trick. It’s about ‘go time’ now. No way an adolescent creator is going to be happy with the current programme in it’s Pan-dumbing down, maybe they ran out of code or something. By now we should have evolved to have governments of Einsteins and Darwins. Instead we have Abbot and Costello to beat the band.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                    History repeating itself it terrifying enough. However the US split like this between the ‘nuke em’ brigade and the ‘docile dems’ . The picture becomes even more terrifying. The Next Republican (trumpites) Government will be a BIG danger to the world. Maybe we need our Alien watchers to step up and slap a few anal probes on a few more yokels.

Another pints discussion recently. If we are part of a simulation then we are approaching a level where the Extra terrestrials enter the fray. If the programmers did not include this level in the simulation they are really missing a trick. It’s about ‘go time’ now. No way an adolescent creator is going to be happy with the current programme in it’s Pan-dumbing down, maybe they ran out of code or something. By now we should have evolved to have governments of Einsteins and Darwins. Instead we have Abbot and Costello to beat the band.
                                                                                                                    hope so , aliens revealing themselves , gifting us advanced clean energy technology and facilitating teleportation of a least half the population of earth off the planet is literally the only way we are mitigating effects of climate change

When you think about the actions needed to back up the pledges that will be coming from COP26 this week and then realise the sacrifices that are going to be asked of people in the US and elsewhere who have been having a yearlong shit attack about wearing masks and Taking vaccines you really realise how fucked we are

Comment

Tynamite tonight! 6:00 Dundalk. EW

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Any home security experts on here?

Finally have keys to our gaf, now need to protect it from all of the feral animals from Terenure (if they ever drift too far west). Don't want to pay Phonewatch or similar, but want to self-monitor via an app. What's my go-to? Too many of the people we've been in touch with are 'just' sales for monitoring services.

Anyone have any experience ordering/setting up something like this https://simplisafe.co.uk/build-my-system ? Or would advise against all of the shite I've espoused above?

Ring Camera seems easy solution there

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X