This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    A Brave New World of returning to the office 4 days a week starts today.

Timing may not be ideal.
    We offered everyone an option of more or less whatever you want yourself, only one based in Ireland (wesht) went for fully remote, vast majority chose two days in office, no one picked a Monday or Friday except me
    Was due to start today but we have postponed until January.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

We offered everyone an option of more or less whatever you want yourself, only one based in Ireland (wesht) went for fully remote, vast majority chose two days in office, no one picked a Monday or Friday except me
      Was due to start today but we have postponed until January.
      Right now, we're in a half capacity mode (i.e. everyone is supposed to come in 2 days p/w) but no-one is actually enforcing it so it's probably more like 15/20% on any one day.
      London and NYC offices seem much busier.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That sacked Spurs coach has a remarkable head.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlQPp7T0UrsHS6w6LLbSp3yiYRL_np_tu_6A&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Two days in, three days home for us - but it had to be agreed days for the entire team to be in at the same time.
          I made a solid pitch for Wednesday & Friday as the office days, but Monday & Wednesday was a runaway winner.
          I suppose the advantage of Monday is that public holidays mean we are off for about 8 of them anyway in any year.
          Postponed for a few weeks, maybe til January.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            thought Kin was pretty decent overall, good introductory season to allow for a few more.
            SPOILER
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

thought Kin was pretty decent overall, good introductory season to allow for a few more.
              A triumph of style over substance.

Comment

They killed off by far the best character
                SPOILER
                Hinds carried the whole thing

last episode wholesale rip off of the godfather finale was not earned
                not as bad as some making out but fairly average- I only kept with it as it was Irish and the fella who carried it
                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Watched Rosemary’s Baby for halloween - good stuff think it got a mention here a few weeks back
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Heading to Krakow at the weekend. Any recommendations besides Auschwitz and the salt mine or obvious top attractions?

Comment

Yeah, I thought Kin turned into something good.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Enjoying this T20 World Cup.
                        Great to have a competition where scores are around the 140/150 mark after a fair contest between bat and bowler, rather than those silly slogfests where 200+ is 'par'.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                          Watched Rosemary’s Baby for halloween - good stuff think it got a mention here a few weeks back

A mothers love eh. Tis no wonder every scumbag in the courthouse have a 'not my Timmy' mudder protesting their Innocence.
                          oh Lucifer you might be an actual infant Satan but you are MY actual infant Satan.

Whereas the Dads are like Fr Stones dad. Lucifer ya little bastard look what you did to your poor mudder. Although in this instance his ol lads the devil so he might not bother with the lecture .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Yeah, I thought Kin turned into something good.
                            I'm not saying i didnt enjoy it but the writing doesnt hold up to any kind of logical scrutiny
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I'm not saying i didnt enjoy it but the writing doesnt hold up to any kind of logical scrutiny
                              Neither does Rosemary's Baby

Comment

Back to reality after a week off work.

Sat & Sun of the bank holiday weekend, we headed to north Clare for Mrs Lao Lao's best friends 40th. A dozen of us in a huge rented house. The birthday girls boyfriend owns a food business so brought half of his stock with him. We ate and drank like kings for the two days.

From there, it was on to Cavan for a two day wedding in Virginia Park Lodge, where we yet again ate and drank like kings for two days.

Back in Dublin for a brief spell before heading south to Monart for a few days. I only got out of my robe for dinner on both days, full on Rancho Relaxo for the entire time.

On the 1st evening, we ate in the bar which is decent grub and a wine list which isn't too adventurous but is priced very well (most expensive bottle is €40 and everything seemed to be around double off sales price which is fair enough). Second day we ate in the main restaurant which had a slight old school/country feel to it (We were given a sorbet in between starter and mains and each main came with a side bowl of mash and veg). On the flip side, both starters (pumpkin ravioli and pork belly) and both mains (sea bass and fillet of beef) were extremely well cooked plus 2014 Meerlust was on the restaurant wine list for 70 quid a bottle - Keep it old school and country I reckon!! The restaurant wine list was very good. All the bar wines were on it (at the same price) and it went right up to 1989 Mouton Rothschild for a mere 1500 quid a bottle so something for everyone's budget.

Back in Dublin now and have just made out the weekly food shopping list. Feels a very long time since I had to plan what to eat rather than just having it served up to me!

Comment

Watch out next time ye are coming out of shanahans lads- mullalley calling for a revolution because a shite old pub and bookstore have closed and a bunch of crusties got kicked out of a squat- no one is safe
                                  Una Mullally: How long will it be until something kicks off as anger grows on Dublin’s streets?
                                  via The Irish Times
                                  https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/u...eets-1.4715450
                                  Last edited by MysteryGuest; 01-11-21, 16:45.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Ah absolutely. They really should have made the end result the raison d'être for the big job. Dumbest move ever otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Two days in, three days home for us - but it had to be agreed days for the entire team to be in at the same time.
                                        I made a solid pitch for Wednesday & Friday as the office days, but Monday & Wednesday was a runaway winner.
                                        I suppose the advantage of Monday is that public holidays mean we are off for about 8 of them anyway in any year.
                                        Postponed for a few weeks, maybe til January.
                                        Wow, people actually chose Monday to be in the office. Surely the nut worst day to be there. The bank holiday thing isn't enough to give it any advantage IMO

Comment

Pretty remarkable that you can be voted Manager of the Month in a new job in August and be sacked in October.

The whole worlds gone Veruca Salt

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Wow, people actually chose Monday to be in the office. Surely the nut worst day to be there. The bank holiday thing isn't enough to give it any advantage IMO
                                            We've got to go in 2 days a week, which we can choose on a weekly basis, as long as no more than 4 of us are in at any time (team of 8), and monday is my preferred day and quite a popular day, although busiest days in the office are Tuesday and Thursday

Comment

I have noticed a lot of people using the word "yous" lately and now see businesses using it. Is it actually a real word?

E.G. - Our new product X....We hope yous like it

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                I have noticed a lot of people using the word "yous" lately and now see businesses using it. Is it actually a real word?

Only ever used by pig thick Jackeens, the kind of thing you'd hear said by the geniuses on Kin.

Comment

The old Silence of the Lambs joke - must resist . Feck it

SPOILER
                                                  Shut up Yous

Comment

Only ever used by pig thick Jackeens, the kind of thing you'd hear said by the geniuses on Kin.
                                                    I'm guessing some skinny armed ragged Dublin Junkie bent you over Portobello Bridge one night and made you squeal. Just a guess

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I'm guessing some skinny armed ragged Dublin Junkie bent you over Portobello Bridge one night and made you squeal. Just a guess
                                                      I was involved in a small tip in a car about 20 years ago that was a quite complicated scenario to assign fault and settle after all the Dubs involved in a 5MPH tip were claiming they had whiplash and all the usual bollocks.
                                                      To cut a long story short it one of the parties was a batshit cray cray woman who had been driving a very expensive BMW and spoke in a very polished accent. The case was being heard by Justice Pat McCartan who quickly figured out that her story of what had happened was an absolute fairytale that didn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny, after my barrister had her contradict herself a couple of times she started to get flustered and angry, Pat very judiciously stopped the barrister tried to help her find a way to dig out of the hole she was digging for herself. Instead of taking the help she got even more angry as her face went puce the posh tones evaporated and she roared straight at Pat in the broadest Dublin scanger accent "I'm telling Youse what I seen".
                                                      The barrister was struggling hard not to laugh couldn't make eye contact with Pat who was in shock, I pinched myself till I drew blood to keep from roaring laughing.

Comment

I was involved in a small tip in a car about 20 years ago that was a quite complicated scenario to assign fault and settle after all the Dubs involved in a 5MPH tip were claiming they had whiplash and all the usual bollocks.
                                                        To cut a long story short it one of the parties was a batshit cray cray woman who had been driving a very expensive BMW and spoke in a very polished accent. The case was being heard by Justice Pat McCartan who quickly figured out that her story of what had happened was an absolute fairytale that didn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny, after my barrister had her contradict herself a couple of times she started to get flustered and angry, Pat very judiciously stopped the barrister tried to help her find a way to dig out of the hole she was digging for herself. Instead of taking the help she got even more angry as her face went puce the posh tones evaporated and she roared straight at Pat in the broadest Dublin scanger accent "I'm telling Youse what I seen".
                                                        The barrister was struggling hard not to laugh couldn't make eye contact with Pat who was in shock, I pinched myself till I drew blood to keep from roaring laughing.
                                                        At least she spelt youse right

Comment

At least she spelt youse right
                                                          Y'all is the preferred nomenclature Dude.

Comment

@sp (and the other meat munchers): Marco's coppa is amazing on pizza, crisps up beautifully yet still retains the fattiness. A1 Sharon.

Comment

SP proving hes down and hip . Cray Cray ? My niece puts that in her texts. Mainly talking about her mudder.

I'm from Drimnagh originally and the amount of different accents when I was growing up was cray cray . Obviously before the Polish invasion . We had Offaly neighbours who said Shag off a LOT shag this , shagging shag . Cracked me up. . I'd say a lot of culchies settled in the D12 area back then.

Comment

Y'all is the preferred nomenclature Dude.
                                                                I'd say buddy is the word most frequently used in Dublin Creches (after mudderojaysus) . I hate it when they call kids buddy . It's like they are covering something up. Like when a norfsider says hello buddy , nidge style . I dont trust anyone who says buddy .

I think Laz called my son Buddy . GFYL
                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 01-11-21, 21:06.

Comment

I'd say buddy is the word most frequently used in Dublin Creches (after mudderojaysus) . I hate it when they call kids buddy . It's like they are covering something up. Like when a norfsider says hello buddy , nidge style . I dont trust anyone who says buddy .

Buddy >>>>> 'mate'.

Comment

I found out today that guys is no longer considered to be sexist anymore as an email opener. Will be glad to see the back hi folks which which makes you sound like a knob or hi all which sounds like bad news.

Saying hi goys however is still banned I presume.

Comment

Buddy >>>>> 'mate'.
                                                                      >>>>>>pal

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I found out today that guys is no longer considered to be sexist anymore as an email opener. Will be glad to see the back hi folks which which makes you sound like a knob or hi all which sounds like bad news.

Might not be sexist but I’d check to make sure it’s not transphobic
                                                                        pretty distressing post considering it was international pronouns day only 2 weeks ago

Comment

Might not be sexist but I’d check to make sure it’s not transphobic
                                                                          pretty distressing post considering it was international pronouns day only 2 weeks ago
                                                                          Could well be but all I know is this is why I read but never post on Twitter.

Comment

Reading The Hunger Games as the nighttime read at the moment and its surprisingly not awful. Very readable. I do realise the target audience of readers is a teen girl, but maybe the same could be said about Harry Potter being aimed at kids.
                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Could well be but all I know is this is why I read but never post on Twitter.
                                                                              I only know about pronouns day because of a mail at work

im waiting for them to try and make pronoun email sigs mandatory- that’s when I make my stand
                                                                              Last edited by MysteryGuest; 01-11-21, 23:08.

Comment

Looks like wenger got sent packing with the terrible World Cup every 2 years proposal

calling it now though 2026 will be a way bigger shitshow due to climate than Qatar

Comment

I only know about pronouns day because of a mail at work

im waiting for them to try and make pronoun email sigs mandatory- that’s when I make my stand
                                                                                  Our work missed that one but we did informed about world menopause day a week or 2 back which I could have easily missed.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure that hi guys is actually fine again. It might just be a trap to catch the more gullible male emailers. 'Hi everyone' is where I've gone in life. A bit silly, but there we go.

Comment

First i heard of "Hi guys" being frowned upon.

Used regularily-ish in my org

Comment

Just trying to think of decent Irish tv programmes. Did we ever attempt a detective style show, like the UK is obsessed with?

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                          First i heard of "Hi guys" being frowned upon.

Used regularily-ish in my org
                                                                                          It was actually a topic on the first episode of Survivor this season. Jeff asking people what they think about the phrase 'come on in guys' and one person objecting to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            Just trying to think of decent Irish tv programmes. Did we ever attempt a detective style show, like the UK is obsessed with?
                                                                                            TV3 had one which ran for a couple of series, maybe 10 feature length episodes in total. Jack Taylor twas called, seemed to get decent reviews.

Then there is Dublin Murders & The Fall, but I think they might be co-productions with the BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

TV3 had one which ran for a couple of series, maybe 10 feature length episodes in total. Jack Taylor twas called, seemed to get decent reviews.

Then there is Dublin Murders & The Fall, but I think they might be co-productions with the BBC?
                                                                                              Haven’t got around to watching jack taylor tv series yet but would be hard to fuck up the source material- novels by a lad called Ken bruen

Comment

There’s lots of great material out there but It’s too small a country e with too many off topic subjects that might offend people in power. RTÉ never gonna put balls on the line-except for worthy browbeating shite .

maybe I’m wrong and the Irish version of clay David shows up in kin next year.

on a related noted the fucking neck on Mary robinson
                                                                                                Last edited by MysteryGuest; 02-11-21, 00:36.

Comment

Entering the world of graphic novels for the first time. Maus arrived today.
                                                                                                  Not sure if I've ever used the word 'stunning' before and meant it literally.

Lay in bed last night after finishing this and just stared at the wall for about 20 minutes.

Messaged my brother in law this morning to thank him for recommending, his reply made me lol

Yeah it's pretty much recognised as the pinnacle of the form. So it's all downhill from Maus
                                                                                                  Last edited by Lazare; 02-11-21, 08:39.

Comment

It was actually a topic on the first episode of Survivor this season. Jeff asking people what they think about the phrase 'come on in guys' and one person objecting to it.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entert...ys/5836384001/
                                                                                                    I definitely heard him say the phrase in ep 3 though,
                                                                                                    woke bullshit.
                                                                                                    (And it's 'Hi all' at work to be safe goys)
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Actually in survivor,

SPOILER
                                                                                                      is it not very racist from the last ep that people are hyped about having an alliance based on race? Just thought that would be highly dodgy if a paler race did the same!!!!
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Haha, I was reading that thinking to myself 'I say buddy a lot' before I got to the last line

Comment

I also open with 'Hi guys' to the predominantly female colleague recipients.

Comment

Have also occasionally said 'Ah jaysis lads' to my daughters

Comment

'Ah Jaysis lads, bleedin toys everywhere'

Comment

'Ah Jaysis lads, bleedin toys everywhere'
                                                                                                                Thought you were against Christian propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Thought you were against Christian propaganda.
                                                                                                                  Ah Jaysis was a grand lad in fairness, the world would be a fine place if only he had a few people following his lead.

Comment

Ah Jaysis was a grand lad in fairness, the world would be a fine place if only he had a few people following his lead.
                                                                                                                    Should have stuck with being a chippie imo.

Comment

Anything is better than "Hi there"

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                                        Anything is better than "Hi there"
                                                                                                                        Clearly nobody has sent you a “hope your doing well”

Comment

I'm a "Hi guys" guy too, but I did do some online investigating of it a while back after wondering about its appropriateness for a couple of months. Thankfully I have no woke person I know that I can ask. My conclusion was that it's grand.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X