Ep 6 of Squid Game.

Fucking hell.

New bond flick is decent, I was pleasantly surprised. Nice way to close out Craig's run. Bonus points for Ana de Armas, swoon.

For you cricket lovers the famous Radio hysterics . Funny

Ep 6 of Squid Game.

Fucking hell.
          I know right. Took me a couple days to get over that episode.

Squid Game is the best show Ive seen this year.

I know right. Took me a couple days to get over that episode.

Squid Game is the best show Ive seen this year.
            It's fantastic, so creative. That episode was just something else though.

For you cricket lovers the famous Radio hysterics . Funny
              You just don't get that in the modern game.

The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey.

You just don't get that in the modern game.

The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey.
                Would have been great if he ever said it. Pity

Was it not Blowers who came out with that one?

In their glory days, it was entirely possible to get a good half hour spell when not one word would be spoken about what was going on in the match. Including incidental things like the score.

Staunch Stand 1st race Growan

The reviewer in the NYT didn't think much of 'The Many Saints of Newark' https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/29/m...smid=url-share

Was it not Blowers who came out with that one?

In their glory days, it was entirely possible to get a good half hour spell when not one word would be spoken about what was going on in the match. Including incidental things like the score.

have a feeling John Michael Greer is going to become a far more widely known author

“Don't worry about when the crash will come. It's already here. This is what collapse looks like in the real world -- not a sudden splat, but the ragged disintegration of business as usual, day by day, as the world changes into something else.”

Has anyone any experience buying a marble kitchen worktop?

Planning a switcheroo in the house, switching the living room and kitchen.

Thinking of a splurge on a marble worktop. Have tried to get pricing info off one crowd but they were vague. I'll call them and a couple of others during the week but wondering if anyone knew what ballpark I should expect per m2.
                            ​​​​

Thinking of a splurge on a marble worktop. Have tried to get pricing info off one crowd but they were vague. I'll call them and a couple of others during the week but wondering if anyone knew what ballpark I should expect per m2.
                              ​​​​
                              Hi Laz

send me your details re kitchen worktop size and I can put u in touch with someone who supples and fits them

​​​​
                                Most will price per slab rather than sq meter as the shape of the kitchen will determine what u need

Tim Dillon has an alternative opinion about the Sopranos prequel

His twitter account is...different, never know if he is pulling the double bluff or what.

Hi Laz

send me your details re kitchen worktop size and I can put u in touch with someone who supples and fits them
                                      Ah that's brilliant John, fair play. I'll drop you a pm.

Tarnawa 3/1 on course, 13/2 with the books.

Would some way for DK Weld to bookend his career.

Tarnawa 3/1 on course, 13/2 with the books.

Would some way for DK Weld to bookend his career.
                                          Almost.
                                          What a finish. 100/1 Winner?

Almost.
                                            What a finish. 100/1 Winner?
                                            Where did that Kraut nag come from?

You could see the look of confusion on Soumillon's face when he looked across to see who had pipped him and clearly didn't recognise it.

Ep 6 of Squid Game.

Fucking hell.
                                              Try Alice in Borderland, one of the eps will have a similar feeling.

I think Vicky Ph-el-an has had some quite negative impacts on the state. Pushing dodgy medicine. The 200+ group of cervical cancer people who are largely probabilistic errors built into all probabilistic testing and yet will soak up a few hundred million from the health budget.

And yet, and yet, and yet, as she seems to sadly be entering her endgame unfortunately there is no denying that she herself is heroic. A genuine honest to god strong person who really is among the best among us. It goes beyond that horrific phrase of 'fighting cancer', to just someone who is so strong-willed she won't let go.

The obituaries, when they come in a few months, will focus on how the state wronged her. But they would nearly more appropriately focus on her strength of character.

I think Vicky Ph-el-an has had some quite negative impacts on the state. Pushing dodgy medicine. The 200+ group of cervical cancer people who are largely probabilistic errors built into all probabilistic testing and yet will soak up a few hundred million from the health budget.

And yet, and yet, and yet, as she seems to sadly be entering her endgame unfortunately there is no denying that she herself is heroic. A genuine honest to god strong person who really is among the best among us. It goes beyond that horrific phrase of 'fighting cancer', to just someone who is so strong-willed she won't let go.

The obituaries, when they come in a few months, will focus on how the state wronged her. But they would nearly more appropriately focus on her strength of character.
                                                    You need to really start fact checking your junk bro. The cervical check scandal erupted because scores of women with cervical cancer were not told that smear test results showing them to be in the clear were in fact inaccurate and the revised test results were kept from them for years.

you are confusing maths and incompetence. The negligence has caused actual avoidable deaths . If standards are improved her death will be less tragic. My late sister suffered at the hands of negligence but not to the extent these poor ladies did . If your job is to put out fires , you dont play another hand of gin .

Seriously lads, we are meant to be a bit smarter than that. It was been widely written about by medical experts as being largely a misunderstanding of how probability works. Not everyone - some were actually the victim of mistakes - but most of the 200+ group are not in that category.

And here's the medical science maths bit. Have a read of it before jumping up and exclaiming.

And thats similarly why it hasn't been the same story in other countries - where the exact same stories happen - its probability not scandal - their courts don't pay out millions for probability.

There was a court case a few years ago which flabbergasted medical experts where the judge dictated that there must be 'absolute confidence' in medical tests or else the state is liable - something which is a literal impossibility. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...ults-1.3880454

On to more mundane matters - where do those of you that still wear shirts, now buy your shirts? I could probably stretch towards around the 3 for €100 - €150 type price range - but would baulk at more than that.

M&S "Collection" shirts are surprisingly good
                                                                if you're lucky enough to possess a body shape
                                                                which has avoided the middle age spread of
                                                                mounds and strange angles that beset us.

Seriously lads, we are meant to be a bit smarter than that. It was been widely written about by medical experts as being largely a misunderstanding of how probability works. Not everyone - some were actually the victim of mistakes - but most of the 200+ group are not in that category.

And here's the medical science maths bit. Have a read of it before jumping up and exclaiming.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/c...isis-1.3499249
                                                                  You don't get it. Everyone agrees that where a woman develops cervical cancer following a false negative this is not, of itself, sufficient to prove negligence.
                                                                  The failure centred on the policy on open disclosure. There must be a statutory duty of open disclosure for both individual doctors and the organisations under which they operate. An absence of definite policy on open disclosure has led to years of argument and uncertainty which cost the lives of 20 women and caused irreversible distress, upset and anger. A requirement for women affected by CervicalCheck to undertake legal proceedings to establish their medical record is totally unacceptable

M&S "Collection" shirts are surprisingly good
                                                                    if you're lucky enough to possess a body shape
                                                                    which has avoided the middle age spread of
                                                                    mounds and strange angles that beset us.
                                                                    The Internet tried to convince me of that also. Described them as a hidden in plainsight gem

You don't get it. Everyone agrees that where a woman develops cervical cancer following a false negative this is not, of itself, sufficient to prove negligence.
                                                                      The failure centred on the policy on open disclosure. There must be a statutory duty of open disclosure for both individual doctors and the organisations under which they operate. An absence of definite policy on open disclosure has led to years of argument and uncertainty which cost the lives of 20 women and caused irreversible distress, upset and anger. A requirement for women affected by CervicalCheck to undertake legal proceedings to establish their medical record is totally unacceptable
                                                                      It has all been well enough explained, including in that article I linked and which you didn't read. There are some cases where there were clear notification faults, but the group has expanded out to hundreds of people and billions of liabilities for what shouldn't be state liabilities even if they are awful individual stories of suffering.

On the subject of recommending purchases,
                                                                        how'd that mouse work out?

It has all been well enough explained, including in that article I linked and which you didn't read. There are some cases where there were clear notification faults, but the group has expanded out to hundreds of people and billions of liabilities for what shouldn't be state liabilities even if they are awful individual stories of suffering.
                                                                          Billions you say.....?

On the subject of recommending purchases,
                                                                            how'd that mouse work out?
                                                                            It's hard to imagine there's any other mouse

Billions you say.....?
                                                                              Well I don't know. Could it reach €4m a case. Maybe - then that's a billion from the current 260 cases. Medical liability has gone crazy. €350m last year and it'll probably keep rising as every normal medical error can be worth millions. But any health system just has some errors by default. That's a few percent of all tax going on a legal system gone grotesque and unprecedented in any other country. Not even the US. We're having to shut down diagnostic services.

My only advice is to make sure they are easycare shirts because ironing is the fucking worst

Its OK, he has a wife.

On to more mundane matters - where do those of you that still wear shirts, now buy your shirts? I could probably stretch towards around the 3 for €100 - €150 type price range - but would baulk at more than that.
                                                                                    Go onto Louis Copeland online: always great sale offers (go into virtual warehouse). loads to choose from BUT spend a few € -no point in cheap shirts with a handmade suit

What is 'a few €'. As in, what's an acceptable amount?

@DP - I think you posted about it in the wrong bbv with your super priveleges. But the naming of 'Pandora' for the tax doc leaks is so stupid. It's far too close to Panama when written that I'd say most people think it's an old story. Or at least thats what I thought yesterday when reading about it.

Its OK, he has a wife.
                                                                                          Why would you expose someone you love to such torment?

Is it not still in the vows ? ?

I am useless at ironing , its psychological , I trace it back to when I were a lad and tried out da mudders iron on my prized shirt my brother saw me and called me a bender/benny. I gave him the Clint Eastwood eyes then spat on the iron and pressed it down on my fancy shirt bought in Fitzgerald's in Thomas Street .(there will never be a cooler shop) . 2 seconds after a giant Ironed sized hole appeared in my shirt . I was distraught. Actually I still am MY SHIRT!!!!!!!

What is 'a few €'. As in, what's an acceptable amount?
                                                                                                A cheap shirt is so obviously cheap (particularly after a couple of wears). I've just had a quick look in Louis Copeland outlet (search by shirt size). Good brands are Strenstroms, Eton. Loads there at 50%+ off

cheap shirt <<<<< a good branded shirt <<<<<< a made to measure shirt

Denny is supposed to research this matter and revert to us urgently.

I bought this because Istanbul made me think it was a good idea. It looks a bit extravagant.

Why can't we have made to measure everything in clothes from India for peanuts? Or maybe Bangladesh, they're a pretty poor country, let me check...

You could be swanning around impressing the ladies at work with this little number for only €12.50.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 11.29.27.png

That is pretty swanky, but theres only a certain level of confidence could pull that off.

Looking at getting an en-suite bathroom renovated and being messed around by time wasters, can't even get someone to come out and quote. Need to fit a new shower, tiling and possibly some plumbing required. I'm based in the midlands. Is anyone able to make a BBV recommendation here?

I bought this because Istanbul made me think it was a good idea. It looks a bit extravagant.
                                                                                                            There is a reason it is reduced by that amount

That is pretty swanky, but theres only a certain level of confidence could pull that off.
                                                                                                              Okay so https://rulmaker.com/ in Bangladesh is where we all need to order our custom made clothes from. And to set Deebrown's mind at ease about body shape, it has this handy graphic...

Body-Type.jpg

cheap shirt <<<<< a good branded shirt <<<<<< a made to measure shirt

Denny is supposed to research this matter and revert to us urgently.
                                                                                                                I'm going to give this a shot soon if the money isn't mental. For me anyway shirts are generally awful off the rack. Either T-rex or orangutan length arms.

There is a reason it is reduced by that amount
                                                                                                                  Probably makes it super-rare. Who else would buy that shite. One-of-a-kind by dint of good taste.

I'm going to give this a shot soon if the money isn't mental. For me anyway shirts are generally awful off the rack. Either T-rex or orangutan length arms.
                                                                                                                    The guy I bought my suit off does completely made-to-measure-from-scratch shirts. €150 a pop though.

Nothing to see??

Okay so https://rulmaker.com/ in Bangladesh is where we all need to order our custom made clothes from. And to set Deebrown's mind at ease about body shape, it has this handy graphic...

Body-Type.jpg
                                                                                                                        I didn't even make the chart!!!

Nothing to see??
                                                                                                                          You can't see it? Are you blind. You're missing out.