• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ep 6 of Squid Game.

Fucking hell.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

New bond flick is decent, I was pleasantly surprised. Nice way to close out Craig's run. Bonus points for Ana de Armas, swoon.

Comment

For you cricket lovers the famous Radio hysterics . Funny

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Ep 6 of Squid Game.

Fucking hell.
          I know right. Took me a couple days to get over that episode.

Squid Game is the best show Ive seen this year.
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

I know right. Took me a couple days to get over that episode.

Squid Game is the best show Ive seen this year.
            It's fantastic, so creative. That episode was just something else though.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              For you cricket lovers the famous Radio hysterics . Funny
              You just don't get that in the modern game.

The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You just don't get that in the modern game.

The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey.
                Would have been great if he ever said it. Pity

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Would have been great if he ever said it. Pity
                  Was it not Blowers who came out with that one?

In their glory days, it was entirely possible to get a good half hour spell when not one word would be spoken about what was going on in the match. Including incidental things like the score.

Comment

Staunch Stand 1st race Growan

Comment

The reviewer in the NYT didn't think much of 'The Many Saints of Newark' https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/29/m...smid=url-share
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Was it not Blowers who came out with that one?

In their glory days, it was entirely possible to get a good half hour spell when not one word would be spoken about what was going on in the match. Including incidental things like the score.

Comment

have a feeling John Michael Greer is going to become a far more widely known author

“Don't worry about when the crash will come. It's already here. This is what collapse looks like in the real world -- not a sudden splat, but the ragged disintegration of business as usual, day by day, as the world changes into something else.”
                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Has anyone any experience buying a marble kitchen worktop?

Planning a switcheroo in the house, switching the living room and kitchen.

Thinking of a splurge on a marble worktop. Have tried to get pricing info off one crowd but they were vague. I'll call them and a couple of others during the week but wondering if anyone knew what ballpark I should expect per m2.
                            ​​​​

Comment

Thinking of a splurge on a marble worktop. Have tried to get pricing info off one crowd but they were vague. I'll call them and a couple of others during the week but wondering if anyone knew what ballpark I should expect per m2.
                              ​​​​
                              Hi Laz

send me your details re kitchen worktop size and I can put u in touch with someone who supples and fits them

Comment

​​​​
                                Most will price per slab rather than sq meter as the shape of the kitchen will determine what u need

Comment

Tim Dillon has an alternative opinion about the Sopranos prequel

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                    Tim Dillon has an alternative opinion about the Sopranos prequel

His twitter account is...different, never know if he is pulling the double bluff or what.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Hi Laz

send me your details re kitchen worktop size and I can put u in touch with someone who supples and fits them
                                      Ah that's brilliant John, fair play. I'll drop you a pm.

Comment

Tarnawa 3/1 on course, 13/2 with the books.

Would some way for DK Weld to bookend his career.

Comment

Tarnawa 3/1 on course, 13/2 with the books.

Would some way for DK Weld to bookend his career.
                                          Almost.
                                          What a finish. 100/1 Winner?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            Almost.
                                            What a finish. 100/1 Winner?
                                            Where did that Kraut nag come from?

You could see the look of confusion on Soumillon's face when he looked across to see who had pipped him and clearly didn't recognise it.

Comment

Ep 6 of Squid Game.

Fucking hell.
                                              Try Alice in Borderland, one of the eps will have a similar feeling.

Comment

Comment

I think Vicky Ph-el-an has had some quite negative impacts on the state. Pushing dodgy medicine. The 200+ group of cervical cancer people who are largely probabilistic errors built into all probabilistic testing and yet will soak up a few hundred million from the health budget.

And yet, and yet, and yet, as she seems to sadly be entering her endgame unfortunately there is no denying that she herself is heroic. A genuine honest to god strong person who really is among the best among us. It goes beyond that horrific phrase of 'fighting cancer', to just someone who is so strong-willed she won't let go.

The obituaries, when they come in a few months, will focus on how the state wronged her. But they would nearly more appropriately focus on her strength of character.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    I think Vicky Ph-el-an has had some quite negative impacts on the state. Pushing dodgy medicine. The 200+ group of cervical cancer people who are largely probabilistic errors built into all probabilistic testing and yet will soak up a few hundred million from the health budget.

And yet, and yet, and yet, as she seems to sadly be entering her endgame unfortunately there is no denying that she herself is heroic. A genuine honest to god strong person who really is among the best among us. It goes beyond that horrific phrase of 'fighting cancer', to just someone who is so strong-willed she won't let go.

The obituaries, when they come in a few months, will focus on how the state wronged her. But they would nearly more appropriately focus on her strength of character.
                                                    You need to really start fact checking your junk bro. The cervical check scandal erupted because scores of women with cervical cancer were not told that smear test results showing them to be in the clear were in fact inaccurate and the revised test results were kept from them for years.
                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

you are confusing maths and incompetence. The negligence has caused actual avoidable deaths . If standards are improved her death will be less tragic. My late sister suffered at the hands of negligence but not to the extent these poor ladies did . If your job is to put out fires , you dont play another hand of gin .

Comment

Seriously lads, we are meant to be a bit smarter than that. It was been widely written about by medical experts as being largely a misunderstanding of how probability works. Not everyone - some were actually the victim of mistakes - but most of the 200+ group are not in that category.

And here's the medical science maths bit. Have a read of it before jumping up and exclaiming.

Comment

And thats similarly why it hasn't been the same story in other countries - where the exact same stories happen - its probability not scandal - their courts don't pay out millions for probability.

There was a court case a few years ago which flabbergasted medical experts where the judge dictated that there must be 'absolute confidence' in medical tests or else the state is liable - something which is a literal impossibility. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...ults-1.3880454

Comment

On to more mundane matters - where do those of you that still wear shirts, now buy your shirts? I could probably stretch towards around the 3 for €100 - €150 type price range - but would baulk at more than that.

Comment

M&S "Collection" shirts are surprisingly good
                                                                if you're lucky enough to possess a body shape
                                                                which has avoided the middle age spread of
                                                                mounds and strange angles that beset us.

Comment

Seriously lads, we are meant to be a bit smarter than that. It was been widely written about by medical experts as being largely a misunderstanding of how probability works. Not everyone - some were actually the victim of mistakes - but most of the 200+ group are not in that category.

And here's the medical science maths bit. Have a read of it before jumping up and exclaiming.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/c...isis-1.3499249
                                                                  You don't get it. Everyone agrees that where a woman develops cervical cancer following a false negative this is not, of itself, sufficient to prove negligence.
                                                                  The failure centred on the policy on open disclosure. There must be a statutory duty of open disclosure for both individual doctors and the organisations under which they operate. An absence of definite policy on open disclosure has led to years of argument and uncertainty which cost the lives of 20 women and caused irreversible distress, upset and anger. A requirement for women affected by CervicalCheck to undertake legal proceedings to establish their medical record is totally unacceptable
                                                                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                    M&S "Collection" shirts are surprisingly good
                                                                    if you're lucky enough to possess a body shape
                                                                    which has avoided the middle age spread of
                                                                    mounds and strange angles that beset us.
                                                                    The Internet tried to convince me of that also. Described them as a hidden in plainsight gem

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

You don't get it. Everyone agrees that where a woman develops cervical cancer following a false negative this is not, of itself, sufficient to prove negligence.
                                                                      The failure centred on the policy on open disclosure. There must be a statutory duty of open disclosure for both individual doctors and the organisations under which they operate. An absence of definite policy on open disclosure has led to years of argument and uncertainty which cost the lives of 20 women and caused irreversible distress, upset and anger. A requirement for women affected by CervicalCheck to undertake legal proceedings to establish their medical record is totally unacceptable
                                                                      ​​​​​​
                                                                      It has all been well enough explained, including in that article I linked and which you didn't read. There are some cases where there were clear notification faults, but the group has expanded out to hundreds of people and billions of liabilities for what shouldn't be state liabilities even if they are awful individual stories of suffering.

Comment

On the subject of recommending purchases,
                                                                        how'd that mouse work out?

Comment

It has all been well enough explained, including in that article I linked and which you didn't read. There are some cases where there were clear notification faults, but the group has expanded out to hundreds of people and billions of liabilities for what shouldn't be state liabilities even if they are awful individual stories of suffering.
                                                                          Billions you say.....?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                            On the subject of recommending purchases,
                                                                            how'd that mouse work out?
                                                                            It's hard to imagine there's any other mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Billions you say.....?
                                                                              Well I don't know. Could it reach €4m a case. Maybe - then that's a billion from the current 260 cases. Medical liability has gone crazy. €350m last year and it'll probably keep rising as every normal medical error can be worth millions. But any health system just has some errors by default. That's a few percent of all tax going on a legal system gone grotesque and unprecedented in any other country. Not even the US. We're having to shut down diagnostic services.
                                                                              ​​​​​​

Comment

My only advice is to make sure they are easycare shirts because ironing is the fucking worst
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                  My only advice is to make sure they are easycare shirts because ironing is the fucking worst
                                                                                  Its OK, he has a wife.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

On to more mundane matters - where do those of you that still wear shirts, now buy your shirts? I could probably stretch towards around the 3 for €100 - €150 type price range - but would baulk at more than that.
                                                                                    Go onto Louis Copeland online: always great sale offers (go into virtual warehouse). loads to choose from BUT spend a few € -no point in cheap shirts with a handmade suit

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Go onto Louis Copeland online: always great sale offers (go into virtual warehouse). loads to choose from BUT spend a few € -no point in cheap shirts with a handmade suit
                                                                                      What is 'a few €'. As in, what's an acceptable amount?

Comment

@DP - I think you posted about it in the wrong bbv with your super priveleges. But the naming of 'Pandora' for the tax doc leaks is so stupid. It's far too close to Panama when written that I'd say most people think it's an old story. Or at least thats what I thought yesterday when reading about it.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Its OK, he has a wife.
                                                                                          Why would you expose someone you love to such torment?
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is it not still in the vows ? ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I am useless at ironing , its psychological , I trace it back to when I were a lad and tried out da mudders iron on my prized shirt my brother saw me and called me a bender/benny. I gave him the Clint Eastwood eyes then spat on the iron and pressed it down on my fancy shirt bought in Fitzgerald's in Thomas Street .(there will never be a cooler shop) . 2 seconds after a giant Ironed sized hole appeared in my shirt . I was distraught. Actually I still am MY SHIRT!!!!!!!

Comment

What is 'a few €'. As in, what's an acceptable amount?
                                                                                                A cheap shirt is so obviously cheap (particularly after a couple of wears). I've just had a quick look in Louis Copeland outlet (search by shirt size). Good brands are Strenstroms, Eton. Loads there at 50%+ off

Comment

A cheap shirt is so obviously cheap (particularly after a couple of wears). I've just had a quick look in Louis Copeland outlet (search by shirt size). Good brands are Strenstroms, Eton. Loads there at 50%+ off
                                                                                                  cheap shirt <<<<< a good branded shirt <<<<<< a made to measure shirt

Denny is supposed to research this matter and revert to us urgently.

Comment

I bought this because Istanbul made me think it was a good idea. It looks a bit extravagant.

Comment

Why can't we have made to measure everything in clothes from India for peanuts? Or maybe Bangladesh, they're a pretty poor country, let me check...

You could be swanning around impressing the ladies at work with this little number for only €12.50.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 11.29.27.png

Comment

That is pretty swanky, but theres only a certain level of confidence could pull that off.

Comment

Looking at getting an en-suite bathroom renovated and being messed around by time wasters, can't even get someone to come out and quote. Need to fit a new shower, tiling and possibly some plumbing required. I'm based in the midlands. Is anyone able to make a BBV recommendation here?

Comment

I bought this because Istanbul made me think it was a good idea. It looks a bit extravagant.
                                                                                                            There is a reason it is reduced by that amount
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

That is pretty swanky, but theres only a certain level of confidence could pull that off.
                                                                                                              Okay so https://rulmaker.com/ in Bangladesh is where we all need to order our custom made clothes from. And to set Deebrown's mind at ease about body shape, it has this handy graphic...

Body-Type.jpg

Comment

cheap shirt <<<<< a good branded shirt <<<<<< a made to measure shirt

Denny is supposed to research this matter and revert to us urgently.
                                                                                                                I'm going to give this a shot soon if the money isn't mental. For me anyway shirts are generally awful off the rack. Either T-rex or orangutan length arms.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

There is a reason it is reduced by that amount
                                                                                                                  Probably makes it super-rare. Who else would buy that shite. One-of-a-kind by dint of good taste.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I'm going to give this a shot soon if the money isn't mental. For me anyway shirts are generally awful off the rack. Either T-rex or orangutan length arms.
                                                                                                                    The guy I bought my suit off does completely made-to-measure-from-scratch shirts. €150 a pop though.

Comment

Nothing to see??

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Okay so https://rulmaker.com/ in Bangladesh is where we all need to order our custom made clothes from. And to set Deebrown's mind at ease about body shape, it has this handy graphic...

Body-Type.jpg
                                                                                                                        I didn't even make the chart!!!

Comment

Nothing to see??
                                                                                                                          You can't see it? Are you blind. You're missing out.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X