Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to a podcast where the guy describes himself as a good singer, and when the hosts probe a bit deeper, he goes (seemingly not as a joke, an American guy so maybe he didn't realise the international nature of the song): well its a song I sing at birthdays called 'Happy Birthday to You'. So he had defined his ability as a good singer based on the happy birthday song. It just seemed a very limited range of singing ability on which to judge yourself a good singer.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

It will have been the council that organised the treatment, surprising that they didn't contact you though. must be worth calling them about it.
      Rang the Wexford County Council Environment office today, the woman said she didn't think they would do it on private property, but she didn't seem too sure to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Not when he comes on in 88th minute
        What was the basis of the tip anyway? He appears to be a young deep lying midfielder who has scored 7 goals in 116 appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Rang the Wexford County Council Environment office today, the woman said she didn't think they would do it on private property, but she didn't seem too sure to me.
          Odd, are you sure it was inside the property and not on the roadside, that's where you see it turning up in the infill after roadworks.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Odd, are you sure it was inside the property and not on the roadside, that's where you see it turning up in the infill after roadworks.
            To the best of my knowledge. My parents were told the overgrown garden couldn't be cleared because it had it. I'm happy it was sprayed, I'm just wondering if it has been done over a period of time to do it properly. I'll have to go down and have a look. I had a friend take general photos last week but it wasn't much help.

Comment

What was the basis of the tip anyway? He appears to be a young deep lying midfielder who has scored 7 goals in 116 appearances.
              I thought he was a centre half and Willie had a premonition

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Thought he looked fine. 9-0. His opponent was shìte so not under any pressure. Played some nice tactical safety when he needed and his opponent just tried to hack himself out of it with no tactics at all. Nice win to get the confidence going.
                Up against his first "proper" opponent now and 6-0 down. Only just started watching now so not sure if he's actually playing poorly or if Jayson Shaw is just playing very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Up against his first "proper" opponent now and 6-0 down. Only just started watching now so not sure if he's actually playing poorly or if Jayson Shaw is just playing very well.
                  I wont get to see it this evening but if that's the Scottish chap, the commentators mentioned last night that hes one of the best in the world and Judd would be up against it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I wont get to see it this evening but if that's the Scottish chap, the commentators mentioned last night that hes one of the best in the world and Judd would be up against it.
                    Yeah, that's him. He's a very good player alright.

Comment

I thought he was a centre half and Willie had a premonition
                      Hes a great prospect and takes the free kicks. 14 to 1 was a good bet to score anytime I thought. Watch him big future.

Comment

Not when he comes on in 88th minute
                        Yep bet365 void if doesnt start.

Comment

A clear gap in the market for: Knotweed and Asbestos Covert Clearance Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Yep bet365 void if doesnt start.
                            What happens if he comes on and scores in that scenario?

Comment

What happens if he comes on and scores in that scenario?
                              Void is void . Bet stipulates he must start for the bet to be live. In normal bets where this is not stated you are live if he comes on. This is just for anytime scorer obviously. For 1st goalscorer if it 0 0 at 90 mins and he comes on. You have a bet . If a goal is scored before he comes on bet is refunded.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge. My parents were told the overgrown garden couldn't be cleared because it had it. I'm happy it was sprayed, I'm just wondering if it has been done over a period of time to do it properly. I'll have to go down and have a look. I had a friend take general photos last week but it wasn't much help.
                                AFAIK the treatment has to be repeated over a couple of years and this is the right time of year to be doing it, if it was treated previously now is the perfect time to give it another blast of roundup and you might well be rid of it for good.

The thing about knotweed is that you can't ignore it it has to be dealt with.
                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-09-21, 22:31.

Comment

That hospital video with the guy praising Dolores Cahill is deeply disturbing. The look on the old guys face.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Just never stop hodl'ing

Like that Paddy Irishman one joke where he stabs himself with the fork.
                                    That taxman ain't making a canoe out of me
                                    The issue with hodl'ing is that you are deferring the suffering to the future. Any gains to don't realise now by trading, will be hit by 33% when you do.
                                    If I were subject to Irish CGT, because the rate is so bad, I'd be looking to find as many tax avoidance measures as I could. One that jumps out at me is to realise the full allowance each year.

Eg, if somebody buys 5k. Holds for 4 years, and over that time it appreciates to 15k. The gain is 10k, and less the 1270 allowance, the tax is 2,880.
                                    If they traded 1270 into another asset each year. they'd half their effective gain. so tax is also about half.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Ah! Wow that's super shit. Thought it was the same as a regular tax allowance where the first 1270 of tax due is not due. They're such bollixes.
                                    Yeah, it really is enormously shit. The UK's allowance is GBP12k, almost 15k euro.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

They're gonna check if the maps are right, outstanding charges against the property etc.
                                      Yep.
                                      If you go back a few months here, I was nearly 3 months past everything closing before moving in.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Screener of The Card Counter with cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Yep.
                                          If you go back a few months here, I was nearly 3 months past everything closing before moving in.
                                          Oh i remember that deeply! You're all happy now? Was just assuming that was an extreme example of things going completely wrong.

Comment

Bonkers that the US is still banning vaccinated EU travelers from entry, with no plan to change in the near future. Vaccine Passports seem to be a political hand grenade oven there.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                              Bonkers that the US is still banning vaccinated EU travelers from entry, with no plan to change in the near future. Vaccine Passports seem to be a political hand grenade oven there.
                                              Almost 2,000 deaths yesterday. Almost all unvaxxed. The vast majority in red states.

Seems a strange political play to encourage your own voters to die preventable deaths.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

As I once heard Texas the lone Star state is that a review ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Almost 2,000 deaths yesterday. Almost all unvaxxed. The vast majority in red states.

Seems a strange political play to encourage your own voters to die preventable deaths.
                                                  Florida is a special kind of crazy, Republicunts turning it into some sort of a Darwin award sponsored euthanasia experiment.

Comment

Florida is a special kind of crazy, Republicunts turning it into some sort of a Darwin award sponsored euthanasia experiment.
                                                    you saw the Donegal video from yesterday? Its not just Florida.

Edit: typing Florida, I just now realised the rapper Flo Rida is literally that name just with a space and that's the intent of the name. Had always (in my very limited interactions with his space) emphasised the 'rida' = 'rider' aspect of the name.
                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-09-21, 12:41.

Comment

Florida lol.- I probably mentioned this before.
                                                      I remember years ago the other half was on a project in St Pauls so I flew over for a few days (1st class paid for by her job tyvm) . We went to Bushe Gardens with her colleagues , and me being a rollercoaster nut back then was getting on every ride in the park. However nobody in our group fancied the rollercoasters. I was half jarred on those alcho Jelly things along with a few beers was a wee bit loud (yes louder than the locals). I roared ‘WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE’ every turn in roller coaster etc and I was slagging the arse off the local yokels , banter etc. Then they started following me all over the park. got a dressing down by the missus . We are here with Colleagues so don’t be mixing with those or going off with them . Anyway I gave them the slip and we went into some show in a big tent, about 20 of them marched down the aisle after asking the usher if she saw an Irishman (lol) coming in. Wtf, we were talking next day and we said, it was probably like when a lion see something it never saw before , plays with it for a while then kills it. Yokels and beer , (and ME) I’m thinking the missus saved me that night from a yahoo style execution

Comment

Sounds like a very boring version of Deliverance.

Comment

Sounds like a very boring version of Deliverance.
                                                          If their wimmin had talked then out of the trip I guess.

Comment

I think Florida has pretty much always been No 1 in the 'craziest state in the US' awards. Just a mad place generally.

Comment

It's america's appendix.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Been hearing about a ridiculous number of people with corona recently. It must be rampant. No-one seriously affected, more bothered by having to stay home, so thank you vaccines, but it ain't gone away for sure. I don't know why there are 10% of gobshites wandering around unvaccinated.

Comment

Been hearing about a ridiculous number of people with corona recently. It must be rampant. No-one seriously affected, more bothered by having to stay home, so thank you vaccines, but it ain't gone away for sure. I don't know why there are 10% of gobshites wandering around unvaccinated.
                                                                  Weren't you just recently saying we should stop talking about it?

Also: the numbers are flat and trending gently downwards...

Comment

Weren't you just recently saying we should stop talking about it?

Also: the numbers are flat and trending gently downwards...
                                                                    I said, during August, that we should move towards lifting the last set of restrictions. Glad to see the government followed my advice.

Surprised the test numbers are falling, maybe its just the people I know - late adopters perhaps.

Comment

I said, during August, that we should move towards lifting the last set of restrictions. Glad to see the government followed my advice.

Surprised the test numbers are falling, maybe its just the people I know - late adopters perhaps.
                                                                      Pubs down the country - live music and dancing, open all hours

Pubs in Dublin - show covid passport, names and contact details. Stay at your table and if you dare go for a piss, mask up and gtfo at 11pm

Comment

Pubs in Dublin - show covid passport, names and contact details. Stay at your table and if you dare go for a piss, mask up and gtfo at 11pm
                                                                        Seems like fair compensation for living down the country
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Not my experience at all. But ok.
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Not my experience at all. But ok.
                                                                            Clare & Donegal say hi from my experience.

5 different pubs, never once asked for Covid Cert. Live Country band twice with dozens of couples up dancing and never saw last orders leaving at midnight latest.

That said Dingle was the same as Dublin.
                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 16-09-21, 17:13.

Comment

Clare & Donegal say hi from my experience.

5 different pubs, never once asked for Covid Cert. Live Country band twice with dozens of couples up dancing and never saw last orders leaving at midnight latest.

That said Dingle was the same as Dublin.
                                                                              From recent outings:

Dublin ~75% compliance
                                                                              Rural Cork ~50%
                                                                              Donegal 0%

Comment

I'd say its heavily related to how much you spending €20 in the pub that evening will make or break the pub bank account.

Comment

Am in London this week for work. Am the only prick wearing a mask anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    Am in London this week for work. Am the only prick wearing a mask anywhere.
                                                                                    Rules have changed, except the tube where Compliance is still good there (85%+ I'd say)

Comment

Hope that changes by February, I have NYC and Vegas booked and paid for, for myself and the eldest, She is really looking forward to it
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

For anyone that STILL hasnt signed up to revolut. If you're signing up, please use my referral code so I get 60 quid. Now I'm officially a broke student I can promise it will go to a good home and would be appreciated

Sign up
                                                                                        Verify your account
                                                                                        Order a card
                                                                                        Complete 3 purchases, can do this before getting the card by doing it online.
                                                                                        60 quid.

Comment

I was looking forward to watching the drama Help on C4, but I can't handle it, had to switch off.

Comment

I think Florida has pretty much always been No 1 in the 'craziest state in the US' awards. Just a mad place generally.
                                                                                            I can't say i had ever put too much thought into it but would always have put states like Texas, Mississippi and maybe Alabama into that category.

Not for any huge reason but for being deep south and perceived "redneck" states.

*Contradicting himself slightly seeing as Florida is deeper south than at least 2 of the aforementioned

Comment

A video of Joe at home after being 'rescued' from the hospital.

I went into the video knowing he was an anti-vaxxer and apparently quite a few other dodgy things also. Had stood for election as some weird intolerant party ages ago, I think.

But when you look at the video all you see is someone who was and is absolutely scared to death. And probably taken advantage of as a result.

Apparently, he's now back in the hospital and in an induced coma. Best of luck Joe.

Comment

Bob Saget's tribute to Norm is quite something

Comment

The Moth joke:

Comment

I can't say i had ever put too much thought into it but would always have put states like Texas, Mississippi and maybe Alabama into that category.

Not for any huge reason but for being deep south and perceived "redneck" states.

*Contradicting himself slightly seeing as Florida is deeper south than at least 2 of the aforementioned
                                                                                                    Every state has rednecks. Go upstate in New York and have a look.

Florida isn't part of the historic Deep South unlike the other states you mention (although people will dispute Texas), it's always been a place unto itself with a unique culture and tradition - one that seems to have gone on steroids lately.

Comment

A video of Joe at home after being 'rescued' from the hospital.

I went into the video knowing he was an anti-vaxxer and apparently quite a few other dodgy things also. Had stood for election as some weird intolerant party ages ago, I think.

But when you look at the video all you see is someone who was and is absolutely scared to death. And probably taken advantage of as a result.

Apparently, he's now back in the hospital and in an induced coma. Best of luck Joe.
                                                                                                      Devils advocate, but he doesnt appear to need to be on a ventilator, no idea about his oxygen levels but his breathing isnt labored, as for the track marks in both his arms, thats a disgrace, looked like they were practicing on him, should he not have a line in each arm that can just be opened up when blood is required, im sure they didn't stab you every time they needed bloods ! I would have my doubts as to letterkennys center of excellence when it comes to treating respiratory issues.

As said, having no idea whats really going on, i remember seeing much sicker peoples in ICUs in Italy at the start on the TV box.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        Lazare Solksjaer! I am a member of the Newcastle Community facebook page. Perhaps it is the influence of a curated newsfeed courtest of the overlords at FB, but all I am seeing is " gangs of youths are running riot - tyres slashed " and similar posts. Is it that bad?
                                                                                                        I've not seen anything on tyre slashing I must check it out . However with the social housing you do get undesirable.types

A few weeks ago I saw some Apparent non knackery kids at some cars and one of them asked a woman with a kid what was she looking at. I moved in and told them to feck off. Undeterred the leader kid cheeky as fk said it's not your car. I said . It fking is now get the hell out of here . Was dying to bang heads but I'd be afraid of social media outrage

In other news . Love Michael D
                                                                                                        The President broke his silence on the controversy last night, saying he would not attend the event on the grounds that it is political in nature

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Devils advocate, but he doesnt appear to need to be on a ventilator, no idea about his oxygen levels but his breathing isnt labored, as for the track marks in both his arms, thats a disgrace, looked like they were practicing on him, should he not have a line in each arm that can just be opened up when blood is required, im sure they didn't stab you every time they needed bloods ! I would have my doubts as to letterkennys center of excellence when it comes to treating respiratory issues.

As said, having no idea whats really going on, i remember seeing much sicker peoples in ICUs in Italy at the start on the TV box.
                                                                                                          His breathing looked laboured to me .

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 17-09-21, 09:19.

Comment

OK..the mere mention of that Cahill one has changed my mind...
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              Lazare Solksjaer! I am a member of the Newcastle Community facebook page. Perhaps it is the influence of a curated newsfeed courtest of the overlords at FB, but all I am seeing is " gangs of youths are running riot - tyres slashed " and similar posts. Is it that bad?
                                                                                                              There's a few feral rats running about the place alright.

Although, that FB page would have you believe the place is burning to the ground. I avoid it.
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Italian workers will have to present vaccine passport to access workplaces after Oct 15. Couldn't happen here?
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

You feel the doctor speaking to him and the nurse looking on anxiously are... what? Lying to him? Putting him on a ventilator (a scarce resource) for the hell of it? He also visibly does have a line in his right arm and a bandage over the location where they presumably had a line previously in his left arm. Can't see these track marks you're referring to, in that video at least.

Like, devil's advocate how? You think the lad removing the Covid patient from hospital is the sensible one here and the doctor and nurse are somehow the ones in the wrong? This isn't a case of "I'm just asking questions". What do you think is going on if you feel his breathing isn't laboured etc despite the doctor explicitly saying to him, in the video, that he is "barely able to breathe there now" while the other chap says the doctors are going to kill him. Which one of them are you saying is right?
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Ah shtop. The doc says at one point he might die if he leaves and nut job "rescuing" him says it's better he dies at home. Its absolutely mental and his breathing is clearly not right. I'd take a doctors word before the lad trying to drag him out praising that Cahill gowl

Comment

It's turning into some hideous form of natural selection at this stage.

Comment

Had to sign up to Twitter to look at that.

Breathing definitely laboured. I see a cannula on his right arm and cotton swab on left.

"Better you die at home then here" FFS

Comment

Italian workers will have to present vaccine passport to access workplaces after Oct 15. Couldn't happen here?
                                                                                                                          why not?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X