Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's great! It's just not *over*, as in there's a fair whack of people still going into hospital and ending up in ICU.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Mild oul evenin
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie
        Met up with my special lady friend for pints this afternoon. A lot of catching up over the 5 hours or so. Separated but not yet divorced. A lot of info to digest.
        Could CC be for turning? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Could CC be for turning? Hmmm...
          Her memory of that fight with Bono in the Kitchen is very different to how I remember it. Seems I missed how it started, which is entirely possible.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Kenneth Branagh's Belfast, due for release in November

(dunno why the thumbnail ain't working but it's the 2 min trailer - looks good.)

Comment

Got stuck with outlaws for dinner so missed match. Presume the usual cant break any team down shite?

Comment

Interesting there in the Solheim cup. American leaves the putt hanging by the rule 'Apparently '. European picks it up but should have waited 10 seconds . Hole awarded to America. Controversy. Didnt quite look hanging to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Got stuck with outlaws for dinner so missed match. Presume the usual cant break any team down shite?
                  Final ball and finish a real problem. Dermot Kennedy was playing on World XI in Soccer Aid. Only saw last 20 mins. Wonder would he change disciplines
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

posting for hitches benefit

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                      Out of sheer boredom the young wan started hitting golf balls into the net out the back last year during the 2km lock down.

Roll things on a year and a half and I think she has only gone and won the Lady Captain's prize in Athenry GC. Might be a few scores left to come in. Hope I don't BBV her.

https://www.masterscoreboard.co.uk/m...TC-48625-19375
                      Nice one. I know this sounds like a disturbing question but what age is she?

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                        Thank you, I might have missed that. Well caught.

Comment

Bit of a life change that I've been trying to bed down before publicising it. Trying it on for size before committing.

Swapped the big messy wallet for a little pouch that holds three cards on one side, an ID card on the other, and a little tiny slot for banknotes for restaurants that don't pay their taxes and insist on cash, and it has been a revelation. Despite the size of the original wallet I even struggled to identify three necessary cards.

Give it a go people. Live your best life.

Comment

Bum Bag
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Nice one. I know this sounds like a disturbing question but what age is she?
                              16. She won it but was relegated into second because junior members aren't allowed first prize in major club comps. She knew that going it. Presentation last night. She is over the moon.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

16. She won it but was relegated into second because junior members aren't allowed first prize in major club comps. She knew that going it. Presentation last night. She is over the moon.
                                Could be the next Leona. Clearly has talent .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Of course against this we have to balance the appalling impact that early exposure to golf can have on a person.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Was thinking about this last night watching all the active happy auld wans with their golfing buddies at the presentation.

I would be happy if she just became a golfer for life TBH. No doubt she might leave and come back to the game a few times but I believe it will be a lovely positive outlet for her to have, physically, socially and mentally, as she moves through her life.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Kind of related and I think it is HJ who is into the DeFi space. I was also trying to understand a little about it too. I watched this video trying to understand one of the terms used when I was reading about it. I had some moments early while watching this video thinking is this what it is like to just not get new stuff anymore. :Insert head explode GIF:

The learning curve is pretty steep, but once you've used it a bit it becomes a lot simpler! It's worth sticking with. If you have any questions hmu.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Always thought it was the same girl . Kind of wondered if the many memes taken from it realised that.

Comment

8.5/10 shilling

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur

Here is the stuff he makes. I was smelling one all night that I had though the hole in the box for sniffing it. I have exclusively used shower gel in showers for as long as I can remember, be interesting to try it.
                                              Fight club has a lot to answer for.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Reminds me of the soap you'd buy in the joke shop that you'd give your father and once lathered up turns black.

Comment

Those soaps look actually class.

Comment

Yeah, those kind of men’s grooming products are getting pretty popular. Natural, handmade, rustic, etc.
                                                    Beard oils, balms, exfoliating scrubs etc.
                                                    I seen a $20 toothbrush today that I think was bamboo and charcoal.

Smelling wise, I’d imagine a natural pine tar soap smells heaps better than some mass produced soap. But it’s still a bar of soap. Just can’t get the image of hairs stuck to a half bar on the side.

Comment

The market leader is Dr Squatch. Their revenue last year was $100m, from $5m 18 months before. Here is their Superbowl ad from this year.

Comment

Bit of a life change that I've been trying to bed down before publicising it. Trying it on for size before committing.

Swapped the big messy wallet for a little pouch that holds three cards on one side, an ID card on the other, and a little tiny slot for banknotes for restaurants that don't pay their taxes and insist on cash, and it has been a revelation. Despite the size of the original wallet I even struggled to identify three necessary cards.

Give it a go people. Live your best life.
                                                        I rarely carry a wallet anymore.
                                                        Revolut plus phone is a total game changer.
                                                        If a place is cash only tough shit, you ain't getting my business

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Drive thru coffee place in Naas refused to take cash off me recently when I forgot my card. It was my first time there, "Drop in the next time your passing with your card".

I presume its a security / staff fraud decision.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

Drive thru coffee place in Naas refused to take cash off me recently when I forgot my card. It was my first time there, "Drop in the next time your passing with your card".

I presume its a security / staff fraud decision.
                                                            Java Republic don't take cash anymore either.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Managed to miss most of the cricket today.

If you had asked me at lunch on Day 2 for odds on going to Day 5, I would have laughed at you and probably offered 50/1. Now here we are with England 290 to win and all ten wickets intact. One of those weird pitches that seems to be getting progressively easier to bat on.

And it's Labor Day tomorrow so I won't be bothered by yanks. Test match cricket. There will be swongs.

Where's Ken when I need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                The learning curve is pretty steep, but once you've used it a bit it becomes a lot simpler! It's worth sticking with. If you have any questions hmu.
                                                                Do you think the kind of people involved in this stuff is still all relatively tech-savvy or has it extended beyond this in the younger generations? Do they just get this stuff easier? Doug was saying on a podcast with Jason Les that he got talking to the woman who was cutting his hair recently (Min 20's) and it turned out she was also farming on pancake same as him. I found that incredible that some random is just out their knee-deep in this stuff. Jason Les's story btw is pretty incredible. Doug used to have a stable of players he coached for high stakes heads up and Jason is one of those guys. He transitioned out of poker a good while back and is now CEO of Riot Blockchain which is a multi-billion dollar company and the biggest Bitcoin mining operation in the world.
                                                                Last edited by Opr; 05-09-21, 19:27.

Comment

Some craic over in South America WC qualifiers. The match between Brazil and Argentina looks to be abandoned after 5 minutes.

Four of the Argentinians lied on entry to say they hadn't been in the UK in previous 14 days. Health dept officials and federal police looking for players at hotel but the team had left for the game. They arrived at the stadium and broke up the game.

Apparently looking to deport the 4 lads now and the game probably isn't going to go ahead. Never a dull day in South American football!

Comment

I'm inadvertently about to launch into my third (i think) watch of the Wire.

Seeing as i am most definitely here conversing with un-degenerates i can assume everyone has seen this at least once? If not, you are in such luck.

Such a great series.

Comment

I'm sure you know that you can reduce that by a further 50%

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I've had the PM grind a while back and honestly its only really usable on soft lies. Any sort of hard lies and the grind just bounces the club into the ball. Mentally, for me, skullfucking a ball is as disastrous as a flub or a 3 putt so I took it out of the bag ha.

We have the same problem, and its always driver. And it's always right. And its purely the result of a concentration/focus thing for me. I know how to not hit it right, and sometimes due to play speed, chatting, mental check out, it just happens.

I played with a +5 cap and a +3 cap last weekend, they shot a combined 8 under. The one thing that stood out to me that was very very different was their level of focus before every shot. It was worlds apart of mine. There was no chit chat, there was 40 seconds of focus.

I got lessons this year, and it was game changing. It's hilarious how counter intuitive the golf swing is until someone puts you in the mechanical position and says "get back to here", I had a massive early extension/flipping issue (like everyone does I suppose) but when I started to focus specifically on hands through impact it quite literally got me from a 5 to a .05 cap. I've regressed a bit now to a 3 again, but thats due to lack of practice lately.

Will pick up some SEED balls when I get home. A similar thing here is Costco offer their own brand (kirkland) wedges, they match vokeys for spin rate and distance... but only for 15 rounds, then its like hitting the ball with a paddle.

I'm planning on getting back in Nov for a wedding, if there is any decent courses open on non temp greens we should get out, I'd be willing to travel!
                                                                        Yeah I always wondered if those cheap wedges were too good to be true. Definitely up for a round if you have the time. As long as the weather isn't too bad it should be no trouble. Esker Hills in tullamore is playable all year round. Probably links is an option but you could get blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Seeing as i am most definitely here conversing with un-degenerates i can assume everyone has seen this at least once? If not, you are in such luck.

Such a great series.
                                                                          I've watched the whole 5 series twice. Am regularly tempted to in again for a third time.

This might be the encouragement I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Such a great series.
                                                                            Never seen it along with a lot of other stuff i guess

Comment

Match play team golf so much more watchable than stroke play. The Tour Championship can fcuk right off.

Comment

Went to buy a new work suit yesterday. Clothes shopping isn't something I'm mad about, I have to be in the right mood but suit buying is easy. I know my measurements so it's just a matter of finding one I like and picking out the right size.

First two places didn't have anything that I fancied but the 3rd place was a charm. Had one picked out in no time and asked the guy working there for the sizes.

Do you know your size? He asked.

Yup, 42R on the jacket and 36" on the trousers.

Are you sure? He questioned.

'Positive, I've two suits at home with these measurements and wear them all the time'

'Try this one for me'

'That doesn't fit great, is that a 42R?'

'No, that's a 42S'

'Ah, no wonder, I'm a 42R'

'Try this one for me please'

'Perfect fit, this is a 42R, right?'

'No, that's a 44R'

'Oh'

'Now the trousers, try them on for me please'

'They fit perfect, 36", yeah?'

'They're actually a 38'

'Oh....'

Diet starts tomorrow

Comment

Match play team golf so much more watchable than stroke play. The Tour Championship can fcuk right off.
                                                                                  Its pretty much matchplay too

Comment

Never seen it along with a lot of other stuff i guess
                                                                                    "You"* were the kind of person i was gonna expand on in my initial post actually.

So many of my friends say "ah, you have to watch this, you have to watch that" etc - mostly absolute terrible programmes that either benefit from a decent pilot or a very hot female lead - which would be fine but - - - -

Many, upon quizzing have not watched programmes such as; The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Shield etc.

And actually pretty much refuse to do so.

Blows my mind really. I know one or two who watched The Wire and were non-plussed by it, but in my mind, at least they gave it a go.

I'm not innocent myself - Never seen the West Wing yet but must do.

*"You" in a very loose way,
                                                                                    Last edited by Degag; 05-09-21, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                      I've watched the whole 5 series twice. Am regularly tempted to in again for a third time.

This might be the encouragement I need.
                                                                                      Do, i was totally unplanned. Was just slaving on the couch the last two days and it happened to be on Sky Atlantic from near enough start. Watched an episode and was hooked again.

Comment

Great night of Golf. Leona McGuire new Irish Star. She played like a daughter of Wombat.

Comment

I've occasionally fantasised about how, if they could selectively
                                                                                          remove memories from the brain,
                                                                                          I'd erase The Wire and West Wing.

Just for the chance to experience
                                                                                          them repeatedly from scratch.

Comment

Ah I think it’s only so watchable because of its rarity. No doubt it’s so very entertaining but every week you’d lose interest so fast, if there was even a way team matchplay would work.

Doubly so for single matchplay.

The Tour Champ just suffers from being so “not golf”. Giving a guy a 2 shot lead.

There has to be a better way to build excitement but also give the most performant golfer of that year an advantage. I don’t know what it is. Matchplay isn’t it though.
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Ah I think it’s only so watchable because of its rarity. No doubt it’s so very entertaining but every week you’d lose interest so fast, if there was even a way team matchplay would work.

Doubly so for single matchplay.

The Tour Champ just suffers from being so “not golf”. Giving a guy a 2 shot lead.

There has to be a better way to build excitement but also give the most performant golfer of that year an advantage. I don’t know what it is. Matchplay isn’t it though.
                                                                                              Cantlay didnt shoot the lights out this week. He was there for the taking. I guess Tiger Woods in his pomp would have loved a shot. Some great players and so many these days but they really go missing at times. A lot went missing this week. 11 under from Cantlay wasnt that great

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Do you think the kind of people involved in this stuff is still all relatively tech-savvy or has it extended beyond this in the younger generations? Do they just get this stuff easier? Doug was saying on a podcast with Jason Les that he got talking to the woman who was cutting his hair recently (Min 20's) and it turned out she was also farming on pancake same as him. I found that incredible that some random is just out their knee-deep in this stuff. Jason Les's story btw is pretty incredible. Doug used to have a stable of players he coached for high stakes heads up and Jason is one of those guys. He transitioned out of poker a good while back and is now CEO of Riot Blockchain which is a multi-billion dollar company and the biggest Bitcoin mining operation in the world.
                                                                                                You don't really need to be tech-savvy at all, young people pick it up very easily. There are loads of explanations on tik-tok/reddit on how to farm. It's about as hard as learning the basics of Holdem. I think younger people are more willing to try new things and are also more comfortable with the idea of digital items having value. Pancakeswap had 1.7m unique users quite recently, so I doubt they are all super savvy coders!

That sounds fascinating, cheers, I'll give it a listen tomorrow. I just finished the Nate Silver episode which was pretty interesting - especially his limit poker background.

Comment

From recent initial experience audiobooks seem surprisingly decent. A handy way of squeezing in a few extra books into everyone's super-occupied schedules.

Comment

Loving Martin Shortt in Only Murders in the Building. The show itself isn't great, but Martin leaves you wishing he had done a million more shows in his lifetime.

Comment

This place is gone to the dogs- people actually mentioning the wire and the west wing in same sentence-west wing is a terrible show that has done real world damage- it’s hilarious watching the cast even now weighing in in on politics as if playing political flunky make believe lends them any weight
                                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

You don't really need to be tech-savvy at all, young people pick it up very easily. There are loads of explanations on tik-tok/reddit on how to farm. It's about as hard as learning the basics of Holdem. I think younger people are more willing to try new things and are also more comfortable with the idea of digital items having value. Pancakeswap had 1.7m unique users quite recently, so I doubt they are all super savvy coders!

That sounds fascinating, cheers, I'll give it a listen tomorrow. I just finished the Nate Silver episode which was pretty interesting - especially his limit poker background.
                                                                                                        I think the Timex (Mike Mcdonald) is the best one he has done so far. He seems to have an ability to be completely objective and see through the mud on almost every topic. He has some very funny views on the difference between an A and an A+ capitalist.

Comment

We've just started on the Chinese cultural war and starting to feel an element of shame that Ireland as a nation calls its main Chinese restaurant chain Mao.

Deng is still knocking it out of the park. Rescuing a seemingly unrescuable China from chaos. Right now its hard to see how he might have been responsible for Tianamen, given he is clearly so pro the people at this stage in his life in the 1960s. I'm trying to work it out from lifeclues as more and more of his life is uncovered. Wondering if maybe he developed a lifelong fear of student protest after the cultural war (his kid was pushed out a window and disabled by student protestors in the 1960s cultural war). Or maybe he just turned into an awful person as he aged, but its hard to see right now, when he is so clearly the hero in a way that Mao never was at any point.

Comment

Well Dobby I asked and no joy on ticket. The 2 I was promised was whittled to 1 . Still got some feelers out. One taking it as a challenge to source a ticket or 2. Hon the Mayo

Comment

I've managed to finagle two tickets for friends but still hunting for 4 more. Just assume I won't get them. Have been the subject of many good turns down the years following Dublin so I am trying to repay the favour but with the limited capacity it's a nightmare.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

KLAQ el Paso is this mornings radio choice. ROCKIN ' .
                                                                                                                kick starts the week with a BANG .

For those about to rock- we salute youuuuu

Comment

I've 20 odd aave coins.
                                                                                                                  Pretty sure I could be doing more with them than just sitting in a nano ledger
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ireland as a nation calls its main Chinese restaurant chain Mao.
                                                                                                                    O'Rly

I do quite like a Mao's every now and then when I happen to be in one of the few places they are located but I did not know that they were our main restaurant chain .
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      O'Rly

I do quite like a Mao's every now and then when I happen to be in one of the few places they are located but I did not know that they were our main restaurant chain .
                                                                                                                      I do also like the like the leap of imagination that Ireland as a nation took a decision to name the chain thusly.

I do remember being somewhere where everything was centrally named. Think it might have been Vietnam perhaps. 333 beer, 555 cigarettes.

Comment

I though all Chinese restaurants were called the Great Wall.

Comment

I've 20 odd aave coins.
                                                                                                                          Pretty sure I could be doing more with them than just sitting in a nano ledger
                                                                                                                          You could either stake the coins with AAVE, which does have some risks but an APR of 6.35% (you are helping to secure the system). Details here: https://www.stakingrewards.com/earn/aave/

Or you could deposit the AAVE into AAVE and use the AAVE as collatoral, allowing you to borrow about 4k of stablecoins and yield farm with them on sushiswap, earning you about 10 - 15% yield on about 4k,

A big advantage of the second route is you can use the polygon network with tiny fees, rather than Ethereum.

Normally I'd say you should be aware of the risks, but give you already own AAVE you are already exposed to most of the risk. There will be a sharp learning curve for you so you need to decide whether the work is worth $500 a year compounding. I'm happy to talk you through it if you like.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X