X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that's an odd but brilliant choice!
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Surely all the lads who made bank on Biden should be lumping on him not being prez at end of 2022? Presidency isn’t working out for him He is not well seems out of sorts
      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Huh, the guy (Sirhan Sirhan) who assassinated Bobby Kennedy just got parole after 53 years.

Some stretch.
        Different world for him .probably thinks he was deported to mars

Nearly fell out of me pram when the news broke on the wireless

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
          Just finished watching almost 200 episodes of Will & Grace (seasons 1-8, that is, the original run from 1998 to 2006).

Often 3 episodes per night, several nights a week for many, many months.

It's amazing how attached to a show and its characters you can get. Watched a lot of it the first time around with then girlfriend (now wife) and had seen a few random episodes around breakfast time during first lockdown and enjoyed them so thought it might be fun to revisit it and bought the complete series DVD for herself for Christmas.

Such a fantastically sharp, well written show with an abundance of astonishing, often improvised physical comedy that seems rare nowadays. And groundbreaking in its portrayal of gays in mainstream media. I don't think they'd get away with a lot of it nowadays which seems a real shame.

Anyway, recommended for lovers of the noughties pop culture, slapstick comedy, double entendres, and crass but clever campness.

Will take a break now and probably do the re-boot (seasons 9-11, from 2017-19) early in the new year.
          She was smoking hawt

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
            Just finished watching almost 200 episodes of Will & Grace (seasons 1-8, that is, the original run from 1998 to 2006).
            I still have a weird fondness for Ally McBeal. Must give it another spin.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I still have a weird fondness for Ally McBeal. Must give it another spin.
              I loved Ally McBeal
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Wife boought the 7 year old a cheap Chinese game boy type thing. It's loaded with 400x 1980s arcade games and it's wonderful. Such a burst of nostalgia. Sitting here playing Paperboy, PacMan and Mario. Space Invaders on it somewhere too.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Some putt from Cantlay. Bring on the playoff.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    Some putt from Cantlay. Bring on the playoff.
                    Some playoff

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Some playoff
                      Ended up being almost a H2H matchplay comp on the back 9. I had my first experience with this type of matchplay scenario about a month ago. Won a minor comp and got cut a couple of shots thinking I was Billy Big Bollix. The week after I ended up playing a fella in matchplay comp with the same handicap as myself. I thought I'm 20 years younger than this fella and he'll get tired during the last few holes. Easily out driving him and having closer approaches on all holes. He won 5&4. I was absolutely schooled on the green and inside 30 yards. He point-blank refused to miss putts inside 20 feet. He chipped everything inside 5 feet also.

I knew after 5 or 6 holes I was going to be toast. He was a short hitter but almost entirely straight and just measured everything towards the green. Always playing to his HC and aiming for bogeys or pars. Man, it was soul-destroying when reaching so hard to try and scramble a half. He'd just drain another putt and crush your confidence. He breezed by the next round of matchplay 5&4 and is in the final as I expected.

Anyway, lesson learned: Drive for dough, wedge for dough, putt for all the loots! Back to the chipping and putting greens for me.

Comment

Some playoff
                        Both players were incredible this tournament. Cantlay and his putter were off the charts . Speith at his best , Tiger for clutch . 27 under ????
                        Next one should be EPIC . Dustin and Rory showing signs . Even Sergio could go mad. Bryson deserves the plaudits though. He was amazing and it was unreal to run into Cantlay on fire .

Comment

A soupcon of excitement this morning, as the rarest beast of all, a male teacher, emerged for the youngest kids class.

Plus an element of confusion, as the kids were clearly heretofore unaware that men could be teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            A soupcon of excitement this morning, as the rarest beast of all, a male teacher, emerged for the youngest kids class.

Plus an element of confusion, as the kids were clearly heretofore unaware that men could be teachers.
                            House quiet for the first time in months. Two kids in secondary now.

Mrs D3 still a bit dubious on the wisdom of the master plan of the final 5th class child walking herself home from primary school every day and being on her own until a sibling reappears. Think I have her semi-convinced though and child herself thinks it's great.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

House quiet for the first time in months. Two kids in secondary now.

Mrs D3 still a bit dubious on the wisdom of the master plan of the final 5th class child walking herself home from primary school every day and being on her own until a sibling reappears. Think I have her semi-convinced though and child herself thinks it's great.
                              Shes had more exposure to the world than our similar aged kid then. Who I don't think, in her soon to be 10 years, has ever left the house by herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Both players were incredible this tournament. Cantlay and his putter were off the charts . Speith at his best , Tiger for clutch . 27 under ????
                                Next one should be EPIC . Dustin and Rory showing signs . Even Sergio could go mad. Bryson deserves the plaudits though. He was amazing and it was unreal to run into Cantlay on fire .
                                Had Hojgaard and Cantlay done from pre-tournament @ 55s and 28s, would have been a nice double although tbf i had 4 done in BMW. Some win for the young Danish lad as i was only sweating the top 5 bet and completely ignored the win bet until Wiesberger shat himself on 18

Comment

Shes had more exposure to the world than our similar aged kid then. Who I don't think, in her soon to be 10 years, has ever left the house by herself.
                                  Probably the difference between a first child and a third child more than anything else I'd imagine.

The old childminder went at the beginning of covid and we're now in the above situation where the only thing she would do is pick up a kid at 2.30, bring her home and then be gone by 4 most days. Nobody's going to take a job with those hours so it's kinda enforced on us anyway.

First child was only allowed to go into town on her own this summer (age 14.75). It'll be interesting to see what age limit youngest child pushes that down to by the time it's her turn.

Comment

You're right. I added CL appearances instead of goals. Doesn't make much difference though, maybe 1/2 per season. I actually see there's a few seasons where he scored at considerably more than 1 CL goal per game.
                                    Yeah, didn’t think the difference was massive. Was more so posting for accuracy. I don’t you line of 28 is too bad. How far Utd go in the CL
                                    makes or breaks.

At 22 I’d be all over the overs.

Comment

129,000 steps in what FitBit has decided is a week (Sunday to Saturday). Not enough to clean Tar's dusty feet, but it's quite the fucking effort. There's just no handy way of putting in steps.
                                      Other than walking places

just kidding, solid effort. I don’t think I’ve gotten past 100k, but would have to check.
                                      I spend too much time at the desk to rake them up. A walk for coffee twice and I’m not even at 7k today. Would need to walking pad and a standing desk to ne challenging Tara.

Comment

A weekend of freedom for myself and the missus as my parents house sat, minded the daughter and the father in law while
                                        we had a weekend in the dylan (my missus won it over two years ago, some tv3 phone in thing).
                                        The dylan is a fantastic, if overpriced venue. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Odd choices of balcony locations (looking over bar courtyard) but otherwise lovely.
                                        We had a walk in wardrobe as well which chuffed the missus no end.

We went to Matt the thresher on friday and had an outstanding meal. Mussell pot for her, salt & chilli baby squid for me (this was infinitly nicer than the S&C chinese type thing I had feared)
                                        Hake for herself for main and monkfish for me. We stuck to the specials as recommended and were not dissapointed. Mine was particularly outstanding.
                                        I skipped dessert in order to finish the wine we had purchased but MrsDP enjoyed her sorbet but felt the champagne element was a little overpowering.
                                        The main gripe of the evening was Covid Certs. We, nor anyone I seen entering or leaving were asked for them. Given the clientele was generally more mature than average (we were probably youngest there at the time, I wonder if it's just taken as a given everyone is jabbed?
                                        Considering how everywhere else made sure of this, I was quite surprised.
                                        Bill came to €180 including tip for 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine, dessert, coffees and a bottle of Paper Road Pinot Noir.

Our meal saturday in the dylan was another culinary adventure. A lamb rack wellington being the highlight.

We came home last night to slightly frazzled grandparents, a spotlessly clean house and an 81 year old who woke me up no less than 17 times last night (change doesn't agree with him, no matter how small), wandering the house.

A wonderful break all in all. The simple pleasure of wandering around the city dropping in somewhere for a pint or a coffee as the mood took us was a pleasure we hadn't shared in years.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Well, this dickhead switched off the golf and went to bed when Cantlay went in the drink on 16 thinking it was done and dusted.

FWIW - I hate watching golf when they've set the course up to play so easily. Maybe it's just an easy course, but there's far less intrigue when there's nobody on the course over par (think 3 players yesterday?). 'Par' is meaningless in those circumstances imo.

Winner coming home dragging himself bloodied through 18 holes at 2/3 under having had to wrestle shots out of sick lies and needing to hit tortuous greens is far far more appealing to me to sit and watch.

Comment

Will try a multi quote, 3 in a row is my limit

Was thinking last week, while agonising during a jog, that eating less has to be the easiest way to stray trim. Well I guess it would be if we weren't all de facto epicureans with more choice available to us in the supermarket than that of the most opulent and indulgent Roman emperor.
                                            Yeah. Much easier to make smart choices and cut 500 calories rather than run 6km. At larger deficits, probably needs to be a combo of food + movement.
                                            Although there’s an upper limit to how much bodyfat you can burn too.

My personal issue (so so so a first world problem) is that I'm being fitted for a suit the week after next, so am in a hurry to lose weight before then, as want the suit fitted to my normal weight rather than the corona weight.

Guessing that if I am fitted weighing 73kg, and my normal kg post-corona is 70kg, it shouldn't make too much of a difference to the fit, as 73kg seems like the best i can aim for right now from my current 75kg?

Can't wait to stop thinking about weight. Must suck to be a lady.
                                            If you go low carb and low salt in the days before. , you’ll deplete glycogen and hit 70kgish (esp if keep steps up). It’s temporary until you refuel, but would be close to the future 70kg fit.

re:healthy weights. Somebody who is very light no matter what, would probably tend to be toward underweight, even if I’m healthy range. Due to muscle mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Yeah, didn’t think the difference was massive. Was more so posting for accuracy. I don’t you line of 28 is too bad. How far Utd go in the CL
                                              makes or breaks.

At 22 I’d be all over the overs.
                                              You should bet with Theresa so.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                Well, this dickhead switched off the golf and went to bed when Cantlay went in the drink on 16 thinking it was done and dusted.

FWIW - I hate watching golf when they've set the course up to play so easily. Maybe it's just an easy course, but there's far less intrigue when there's nobody on the course over par (think 3 players yesterday?). 'Par' is meaningless in those circumstances imo.

Winner coming home dragging himself bloodied through 18 holes at 2/3 under having had to wrestle shots out of sick lies and needing to hit tortuous greens is far far more appealing to me to sit and watch.
                                                Not a birdie in sight till 6th playoff hole

Comment

Not a birdie in sight till 6th playoff hole
                                                  Unreal putting from Cantlay under pressure. Ice in his veins. Speith might have been close to it at his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Ended up being almost a H2H matchplay comp on the back 9. I had my first experience with this type of matchplay scenario about a month ago. Won a minor comp and got cut a couple of shots thinking I was Billy Big Bollix. The week after I ended up playing a fella in matchplay comp with the same handicap as myself. I thought I'm 20 years younger than this fella and he'll get tired during the last few holes. Easily out driving him and having closer approaches on all holes. He won 5&4. I was absolutely schooled on the green and inside 30 yards. He point-blank refused to miss putts inside 20 feet. He chipped everything inside 5 feet also.

I knew after 5 or 6 holes I was going to be toast. He was a short hitter but almost entirely straight and just measured everything towards the green. Always playing to his HC and aiming for bogeys or pars. Man, it was soul-destroying when reaching so hard to try and scramble a half. He'd just drain another putt and crush your confidence. He breezed by the next round of matchplay 5&4 and is in the final as I expected.

Anyway, lesson learned: Drive for dough, wedge for dough, putt for all the loots! Back to the chipping and putting greens for me.
                                                    Auld lad golf. Played with loads of them. Make the game look so easy.
                                                    Par 4s are 150m arrow straight, another 150m down the middle, chip it close, putt for par, tap in bogey.
                                                    They give themselves a putt for par on every hole. If they make 50% they are 9 handicappers.

Comment

You should bet with Theresa so.
                                                      Presumably Theresa also wants the overs on 22 also.

Comment

Presumably Theresa also wants the overs on 22 also.
                                                        He seemed pretty definitive that 22 was the line, maybe if you go 23 you'll have a bet.

Comment

Grown up question and i imagine the answer to this is broad but with my upcoming move to a new company, what do I do with my pension?

Comment

I haven't heard his full life story yet, but I'm starting to suspect Mao was a bit of a prick.

Edit: ffs. We've another 20 years to go of his life according to wiki

Comment

Warehouse sale is very good on Amazon atm, picked up a handy food processor, click for the used/good and reduced from 180 to 70.

This too shall pass.

Comment

I haven't heard his full life story yet, but I'm starting to suspect Mao was a bit of a prick.

Wait until you hit the Cultural Revolution. Surely one of the maddest events in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Grown up question and i imagine the answer to this is broad but with my upcoming move to a new company, what do I do with my pension?
                                                                  'Nothing' is a perfectly acceptable play and will give you greater flexibility in the years ahead. i.e. you could draw one down but leave the other on the shelf until such time as suits.

I chose to consolidate my old one into my current one, for two reasons - old one was with ILIM who are consistently poor in terms of returns and also I like the convenience of having it all in a single place, makes it easier to do forecasting etc.
                                                                  Also most schemes will have a vesting period, typically two years, before the employer contributions vest. You can short-circuit that by consolidating your old scheme into the new.

Comment

I haven't started it yet but reading reviews I believe the lecturer is very easy going on him.

Comment

Totalitarian communist dictator, responsible for the deaths of almost 50million people.
                                                                      And bizarrely also a bit of a prick. Shocker.

Comment

He seemed pretty definitive that 22 was the line, maybe if you go 23 you'll have a bet.
                                                                        The 22 line is for Premier league goals only (via PP).

Think you might have mugged yourself actually.

I still think it's a bad transfer for both parties.
                                                                        No not in financial terms (although I imagine Ronaldo owns most of his own image rights etc, not sure once you have a deal with a shirt manufacturer do teams get a cut of Jersey sales)
                                                                        with his wages, transfer fee and lack of sell on fee.
                                                                        Don't think they need the money regardless.

It's bad (imo, before people assign absolutes to my thoughts)
                                                                        for an already lobsided team, and one that needed a CDM rather than an old forward. Bad for greenwood too I would think, with Rashford due to come back eventually into the fold.
                                                                        I have seen reports James is off on loan, and Maritals time is surely coming to an end.

Bad for Ronaldo imo if he thinks a Manchester winter is any less craic than when he was 10 years younger, no Christmas break, trying to get Portugal to a world cup (might be a bit easier with Ireland in their group) and he is coming off into a team that plays a lot different to his last.

Not saying he won't score goals. But I don't think he will help Manu win anything either, or progress them as a team.
                                                                        Juve look in absolute ribbons currently after planning to build around him the last 2 years.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Totalitarian communist dictator, responsible for the deaths of almost 50million people.
                                                                          And bizarrely also a bit of a prick. Shocker.
                                                                          Only 'a bit' of a prick though.

Stalin was fond of children and dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I haven't started it yet but reading reviews I believe the lecturer is very easy going on him.
                                                                            I don't think so!

But also - and I may be wrong - you are basing it on one of the very few critical reviews of the course (by a reviewer called leonidas), which makes that claim. As you'll see for yourself its most definitely not 'easy going' on Mao! He comes across as the exact prick that he seems to be, and precisely why he is that. I think that reviewer was mistaking what a considered history course should be like and wishing instead for a political polemic. I personally find considered history far more convincing.

Comment

Also we might have to start adding sarcasm tags for mellor and raoul who seem to be 'a bit' simple in terms of reading and tone comprehension.

Comment

Also we might have to start adding sarcasm tags for mellor and raoul who seem to be 'a bit' simple in terms of reading and tone comprehension.
                                                                                Could you? That would be great.

Comment

You wonder does shit like this have any impact? 30 years old, 3 little kids and another one on the way - and he dies because of, well, bullshit, frankly.

Comment

Par 4s are 150m arrow straight, another 150m down the middle, chip it close, putt for par, tap in bogey.
                                                                                    They give themselves a putt for par on every hole. If they make 50% they are 9 handicappers.
                                                                                    At the start of this year I was aiming to shoot in low 90s and the driver/3wood were killing me so I was barely breaking 100. Multiple lost balls or awful positions for 2nd shots destroyed my rounds. Changed to hitting 4 hybrid from the tee and either hybrid again or 7i for my second on longer holes. Instantly shaved 5-6 strokes. At one stage I had no driver or woods in the bag: 2h/4h/5h was the top of my bag.

I follow Golfsidekick's channel on Youtube and he has various playlists for breaking 100/90/80. Essentially the gist is "auld lad golf" until you're knocking on the door of breaking 90. They've been really beneficial on realistic shot selection and the mental side of the game. Can't recommend it enough.

I've practised as much as I can on long game and got fitted for a driver. Tee to green now, I'm actually pretty decent after a few lessons and mostly playing as many comps as possible. Still have a lot of work to do on chipping/putting. If I sharpen up here I could hopefully record a couple of low 80s rounds on the home course.

Current WITB for Teresa/Elbows:

Driver: TSI3 @ stock 9 degrees, slider weight 1 towards the heel. Hzrdus 60g stiff shaft.
                                                                                    3 Wood: Cobra speedzone standard on stock stiff shaft.
                                                                                    4 hybrid: Mizuno CLK 2018 @ 20 degrees on standard Fujikura Stiff shaft
                                                                                    4i Cobra Utility iron @ 20.5 degrees on stiff graphite shaft.
                                                                                    5-GW Mizuno JPX919 forged on KBS c-taper lite stiff.
                                                                                    54/58 degrees Callaway PM Grind
                                                                                    Putter: Oddyssey 2ball white hot 33" (old AF, love it).

The driver and 3 wood are the only new clubs. Everything else is adverts/ebay/pre-owned. Really happy with the current setup but I'm going to try the new Callaway full-face wedges when they're released. They look the business based on initial reviews.

Comment

does anyone have a secret recipe for breaking through lethargy? will accept drugs.

Comment

Ya know its one of those where you hate to be proven right. (or rather science proven right) . As with most of you there are one or two anti vaccers in our midst. You get exasperated but you can’t hope they catch it as that’s a sick and twisted viewpoint , so you are left hoping they don’t get it all the time listening to their smug ‘it won’t get me it’s just a flu’ shite followed by OTT protests about rights and infringements etc. If we are a simulation the programmers have added some interesting plays in the past few years. The Covid one , coupled with the social media era has created a perfect storm for top notch new entertainment for them. I hope they are enjoying the best and worst of humanity fighting it out daily , the educated idiots and the uneducated savvy people creating a paradox . I know a PHD guy who ignores the science and I know a bricklayer laughing at him because of it. Tis hard to believe

Comment

does anyone have a secret recipe for breaking through lethargy? will accept drugs.
                                                                                          Get back to you tomorrow or early next week on this.

Comment

Eric Clapton wrote a song about it.

Comment

Are ye following The White Lotus btw? Such a weirdass slightly captivating show. (not a recommendation).

Only Murders in the Building drops tomorrow. A bit of a hype show due to the cast.

And then, of course, September sees the big one land. Foundation. I wonder if it might be excessively serious.

Comment

Vigil, a new 6 part drama which started on BBC last night, has a very strong first episode and looks good. Same people who made Line of Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                  Vigil, a new 6 part drama which started on BBC last night, has a very strong first episode and looks good. Same people who made Line of Duty.
                                                                                                  On a slightly related note, a few months ago I was looking through a list of 'top brit shows to watch' and almost every show was about cops or law enforecement. They are proper obsessed with the forces of law and order over there.

Comment

On a slightly related note, a few months ago I was looking through a list of 'top brit shows to watch' and almost every show was about cops or law enforecement. They are proper obsessed with the forces of law and order over there.
                                                                                                    Where are the dramas about accountants? Or proctologists?

Highly unfair that a small subset of professions get all the glamour.

Comment

Where are the dramas about accountants? Or proctologists?

Highly unfair that a small subset of professions get all the glamour.
                                                                                                      I feel there has got to be some profession other than cops that are also TV worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Been living on a mainly tomato diet for weeks now and it's just bliss
                                                                                                        SPOILER

Made the most perfect pizza sauce last night

Loads of homegrown tomatoes chopped up finely. I've like five different varieties here but the more the San Marzano ones the better
                                                                                                        add loads of herbs a bit of salt and a splash of olive oil and thats it, nothing else after a while squeeze off the excess juice and put it on your pizza

How am I ever going to stop being a fat bastard when I can rustle up shit this good in a few minutes?

SPOILER

Anyone recommend any particularly good pepperoni that's easy enough to acquire? I haven't found one I'm happy with to date.

Comment

I feel there has got to be some profession other than cops that are also TV worthy.
                                                                                                          Ragnarok was good.(plenty of this type of series) Shitload of hospital dramas (apart from your own)

Anyone watch the Tomorrow War. Light but entertaining.

Comment

add fleabag to that list

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              A weekend of freedom for myself and the missus as my parents house sat, minded the daughter and the father in law while
                                                                                                              we had a weekend in the dylan (my missus won it over two years ago, some tv3 phone in thing).
                                                                                                              The dylan is a fantastic, if overpriced venue. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Odd choices of balcony locations (looking over bar courtyard) but otherwise lovely.
                                                                                                              We had a walk in wardrobe as well which chuffed the missus no end.

We went to Matt the thresher on friday and had an outstanding meal. Mussell pot for her, salt & chilli baby squid for me (this was infinitly nicer than the S&C chinese type thing I had feared)
                                                                                                              Hake for herself for main and monkfish for me. We stuck to the specials as recommended and were not dissapointed. Mine was particularly outstanding.
                                                                                                              I skipped dessert in order to finish the wine we had purchased but MrsDP enjoyed her sorbet but felt the champagne element was a little overpowering.
                                                                                                              The main gripe of the evening was Covid Certs. We, nor anyone I seen entering or leaving were asked for them. Given the clientele was generally more mature than average (we were probably youngest there at the time, I wonder if it's just taken as a given everyone is jabbed?
                                                                                                              Considering how everywhere else made sure of this, I was quite surprised.
                                                                                                              Bill came to €180 including tip for 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine, dessert, coffees and a bottle of Paper Road Pinot Noir.

Our meal saturday in the dylan was another culinary adventure. A lamb rack wellington being the highlight.

We came home last night to slightly frazzled grandparents, a spotlessly clean house and an 81 year old who woke me up no less than 17 times last night (change doesn't agree with him, no matter how small), wandering the house.

A wonderful break all in all. The simple pleasure of wandering around the city dropping in somewhere for a pint or a coffee as the mood took us was a pleasure we hadn't shared in years.
                                                                                                              Missed this yesterday. That's a lovely post )

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

add fleabag to that list
                                                                                                                Tried it a few times and just can't get the humour.

Is the similar in feel, based on the trailer, Aisling Bea, Sharon Horgan (Hogan?) show any good? Quite dislike Aisling Bea as she seems too obsessed with the fact she's female, but a big fan of Sharon Horgan, so have played the safety game and avoided it.
                                                                                                                ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Anyone recommend any particularly good pepperoni that's easy enough to acquire? I haven't found one I'm happy with to date.
                                                                                                                  biologico, brianza, carpaccio celtico, celtico, familia, fratell spreafico, italiano, lecco, nessun conservante, oggiono, organico, passione, prosciuttificio, prosciutto, prosciutto dolce

I'll put one of the Osteria aside for you from my next order or trip to Italy whichever comes first.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thee is a little switch somewhere in between the occipital lobe and the medulla oblongata, you just need to get up off your arse and keep going until you find it
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tried it a few times and just can't get the humour.

Is the similar in feel, based on the trailer, Aisling Bea, Sharon Horgan (Hogan?) show any good? Quite dislike Aisling Bea as she seems too obsessed with the fact she's female, but a big fan of Sharon Horgan, so have played the safety game and avoided it.
                                                                                                                      ​​​​
                                                                                                                      I quiet enjoyed it, a bit dark in places but was just "fine"

What we do in the shadows returns thursday for season 3, a double episode...i am excite.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Ragnarok was good.(plenty of this type of series) Shitload of hospital dramas (apart from your own)

Anyone watch the Tomorrow War. Light but entertaining.
                                                                                                                        You were looking for a bit of reaction to the game. I had a few on board watching it as I was at a stag in Kilkenny but at half time I thought we were home and hosed. We were wiping them out at midfield, Clifford was flying, at least five of their scores were hail marys by their full back line and two extremely long range frees from their goalie. Most importantly I felt we had turned their attack over a lot without putting in anywhere near as much effort as they were putting in to get turnovers against us (which they were doing effectively to be fair). OK the goal was a bad turnover and quick counterattack, but I felt if you had scored 1-7 and five of those were by numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 that your forward line wasn't exactly hacking up

I thought their work rate was bound to drop and when we went two points up around the end of the third quarter we were probably going to pull away and trouble the handicap. Of course they managed to spring for a second goal at that exact moment, like the first it was like slow motion where for whatever reason our central channel suddenly had no defender in it, they went through easily and turned in a kind rebound.

The longer I watch top level football, and particularly reflecting on the Dublin/Mayo battles over the years, the larger the % I think athletic conditioning contributes to results. I gave Tyrone no chance of going 70+ minutes with us after all the covid but they were able to sustain it which meant the game was always in the mix and we were never able to pull ahead so far that a goal wouldn't have us in trouble. Then they had the wherewithal to convert their goal chances when they came along while we butchered a couple. Work rate and clever setting up of blind alley traps for forwards who couldn't resist running into them (Stephen O'Brien, looking at you) combined allowed them to turn us over in attack enough times to keep in touch.

We're desperately in need of a centre half back who is an animal. Gavan White is developing into a serious footballer but other than that our half back line is a complete non-entity. Compared to the likes of Keegan, Durcan, Boyle, James McCarthy, John Small, etc we haven't a stitch in that area of the field. Our forwards are very good but we could badly have used a fit Moynihan and someone like Tony Brosnan if you could ever get him fit to allow you to use O'Brien off the bench in a game like that rather than starting him and watching him get gobbled up time after time against an energetic, packed defence.

I know they obviously don't grow on trees but if we could find a Jim Gavin somewhere I think we have the players to win a mountain of All Irelands but we need to figure out how to overcome our weaknesses despite only ever finding out what they are in the last game of the year.

Comment

Show me a 9 handicap that makes 50 percent of his putts and i'll eerrr, show you something equally non existent.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

At the start of this year I was aiming to shoot in low 90s and the driver/3wood were killing me so I was barely breaking 100. Multiple lost balls or awful positions for 2nd shots destroyed my rounds. Changed to hitting 4 hybrid from the tee and either hybrid again or 7i for my second on longer holes. Instantly shaved 5-6 strokes. At one stage I had no driver or woods in the bag: 2h/4h/5h was the top of my bag.

I follow Golfsidekick's channel on Youtube and he has various playlists for breaking 100/90/80. Essentially the gist is "auld lad golf" until you're knocking on the door of breaking 90. They've been really beneficial on realistic shot selection and the mental side of the game. Can't recommend it enough.

I've practised as much as I can on long game and got fitted for a driver. Tee to green now, I'm actually pretty decent after a few lessons and mostly playing as many comps as possible. Still have a lot of work to do on chipping/putting. If I sharpen up here I could hopefully record a couple of low 80s rounds on the home course.

Current WITB for Teresa/Elbows:

Driver: TSI3 @ stock 9 degrees, slider weight 1 towards the heel. Hzrdus 60g stiff shaft.
                                                                                                                          3 Wood: Cobra speedzone standard on stock stiff shaft.
                                                                                                                          4 hybrid: Mizuno CLK 2018 @ 20 degrees on standard Fujikura Stiff shaft
                                                                                                                          4i Cobra Utility iron @ 20.5 degrees on stiff graphite shaft.
                                                                                                                          5-GW Mizuno JPX919 forged on KBS c-taper lite stiff.
                                                                                                                          54/58 degrees Callaway PM Grind
                                                                                                                          Putter: Oddyssey 2ball white hot 33" (old AF, love it).

The driver and 3 wood are the only new clubs. Everything else is adverts/ebay/pre-owned. Really happy with the current setup but I'm going to try the new Callaway full-face wedges when they're released. They look the business based on initial reviews.
                                                                                                                          What you playing off now Coill?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X