This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    I'm thinking we need a new name I think transitionary veggie is accurate .
    Food fluid. I know it can be a confusing time for transitionary veggies. One day you find yourself wearing €300 bamboo runners whilst viciously swatting at bluebottles and you just break down crying and have to admit you have a problem. Alcohol could be a good solution for this. Except that wine and beer are often not even vegetarian never mind vegan. So then you turn to heroin, which is plant based and vegan.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Food fluid. I know it can be a confusing time for transitionary veggies. One day you find yourself wearing €300 bamboo runners whilst viciously swatting at bluebottles and you just break down crying and have to admit you have a problem. Alcohol could be a good solution for this. Except that wine and beer are often not even vegetarian never mind vegan. So then you turn to heroin, which is plant based and vegan.
      Team Hutch or Team Kinahen ?

Comment

Alcohol could be a good solution for this. Except that wine and beer are often not even vegetarian never mind vegan. So then you turn to heroin, which is plant based and vegan.
        I was in my local wanky wine shop last night and they had a reasonably large shelf marked as vegan wine.

Where will it end? Vegan cars? Vegan sex? Vegan pubs?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm looking for a bank account to just leave a lump sum in with no fees, what do people use?

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I was in my local wanky wine shop last night and they had a reasonably large shelf marked as vegan wine.

Where will it end? Vegan cars? Vegan sex? Vegan pubs?
          There's a vegan strip club in the US, finally!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

When I was in NYC it was my brother's girlfriend's birthday so I brought them and my mother to Avante Garden, a vegan restaurant https://instagram.com/avantgardennyc...dium=copy_link
            The food was amazing but so too was the occasion, the atmosphere, the furnishings, the evening, that we ordered everything on the menu, that you could see the head chef drinking a glass of wine while cooking and dancing, and that they got it for free.

These 3 non vegans now talk about the place and the food like it is the second coming of Jesus, best food they've had and so on. There's a lot that goes into those memories apart from the actual food.
            has this
            and that they got it for free.
            directly influenced this
            best food they've had and so on.
            ?

I hold special reverence now to occasions and things where someone else has paid for it, which I guess is a mark of a true Dad.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Rail thin waifs imperceptibly shivering in time to sitar R'n'B.

Like the last few wasps of autumn on a windowsill
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

The best meal I ever had I puked up just after we left the restaurant.
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Although I know I shouldn't ask, I will. What makes it specifically vegan?

Comment

Quick Google later...
                    Inside the Insane Feud Between a Vegan Strip Club and the Steak House Next Door

Comment

'Puts the meat on the pole, not the plate' LOL

Comment

I'm looking for a bank account to just leave a lump sum in with no fees, what do people use?
                        This is clearly a trick question, designed to flush out those with liquidity to shake down.

Comment

Onlyfans doing a u turn. Quelle surprise.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Good program on after the news for Solks later

Comment

In Nealons for a pint, first time since March 13th 2020. It really is a top class boozer. Nice to make use of the aul covid cert too

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                Onlyfans doing a u turn. Quelle surprise.
                                sounds like a genius marketing campaign rather than a u turn

Comment

That old Rory Stewart two-parter on Afghanistan is wonderful (well, I've only watched the first part so far). It was made in 2012 and in giving an analogy for an historical incident he says "That would be like Britain leaving Afghanistan after 10 years and handing control back to the Taliban!"

I'm going to listen to his book on his time as a deputy governor of an Iraqi province. I just really like the guy.

Comment

That old Rory Stewart two-parter on Afghanistan is wonderful (well, I've only watched the first part so far). It was made in 2012 and in giving an analogy for an historical incident he says "That would be like Britain leaving Afghanistan after 10 years and handing control back to the Taliban!"

I'm going to listen to his book on his time as a deputy governor of an Iraqi province. I just really like the guy.

What probability would you ascribe to him as being MI6? I'd have it 80%+.

Comment

What probability would you ascribe to him as being MI6? I'd have it 80%+.
                                      100%

Comment

100%
                                        Yeah. Although I think he's an admirable person, it must certainly inform your view of his 'travels'.

I'd say the stuff he left out of his books would make some great reading.

Comment

The missus friend found the word

Flexitarian

Comment

Still enjoy Bald and Bankrupt's videos. Pity he took down his covid one

Comment

He means he sees the same people outside all the time, so if there was a simulation we live in the memory is being used to do an update.

Actually yeaterday met the first new people properly since covid started.
                                              It's like the same number of roles are covered by a smaller cast. So you routinely see the same people doing a wide range of activities, often repetitively, in an improbable timeframe. Obv normal and just more an indication of fewer people about in general.

I remain unconvinced about machine elves and happy to be proved wrong.
                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-08-21, 20:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Good program on after the news for Solks later
                                                In 6 mins .

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                  In Nealons for a pint, first time since March 13th 2020. It really is a top class boozer. Nice to make use of the aul covid cert too
                                                  I was at my first outdoor live gig in dog knows how long. Didn't even realise how much I missed things like being directed around by a man in a high viz. Or just generally being part of a crowd. There's something too about how it's far more noticeable that you're having pints when you're a long walk in public back to your table. Verus just walking to the fridge at home.

Just Mustard were playing. One of the many groups to come out of dundalk in the last few years. They're a funny group to watch in that they're effortlessly comfortable in their music but still come across as incredibly nervous in every other aspect of existing.

Comment

There are AA style support groups for people that are reliving eating cheese.
                                                    Today I killed a few hundred caterpillars that were starting to feed on my cabbages, kale and sprouts. Does that mean they are no longer vegan or do unborn butterflies not count?
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Philo programme is quite good but really did they have to drag out that prick Clayton, Is there a horribler cunt stalking the land than him?

'The big thing that hangs between your legs' GTFO you slimey fucktard.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Today I killed a few hundred caterpillars that were starting to feed on my cabbages, kale and sprouts. Does that mean they are no longer vegan or do unborn butterflies not count?
                                                        It's not the vegetables fault that you're happy to murder the larvae.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          The Philo programme is quite good but really did they have to drag out that prick Clayton, Is there a horribler cunt stalking the land than him?

'The big thing that hangs between your legs' GTFO you slimey fucktard.
                                                          Adam?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            I remain unconvinced about machine elves and happy to be proved wrong.
                                                            I'd like to think they exist on some plane of consciousness.

Comment

Adam?
                                                              He was a cunt too, don't get Strewel started on him.
                                                              "Did I ever tell yis the time I was the first person in the whole world?"

Comment

He was a cunt too, don't get Strewel started on him.
                                                                "Did I ever tell yis the time I was the first person in the whole world?"
                                                                The first vegan.

Although eating apples produced some unexpected results.

Comment

Far too excited to discover there's a new FitBit badge for going over 25,000 steps.

I was thinking on the evenings walk in between hearing Richard Osman's ideal meal about a recent 'shake things up' personal philosophy. Well mini philosophy or even smaller than that.

I was cycling back from Dundrum a month ago and lifted by hands from the handlebar for a moment and felt a fission of excitement. And this stuck with me a bit: how childishly excited I was about something that was a standard part of childhood. Maybe I've become too cloistered too grown up too risk averse.

​​​​​​And I was thinking about it as the holidays were approaching and past holidays and wondering - maybe I've become the family member who says no. Who sits on the deckchair rather than slip down the pool slide. Not that those things are important, but it's more what that means for everything else in life.

Anyway, I don't want to end this as a redemption story, but I resolved for this holiday to say yes to everything. To be the grump for nothing. One notable event was being at the top of an 18 metre platform and jumping off attached to a rope. Something I would have previously looked at and sniggered at the idea of someone doing. And on the ground I was there like a kid thinking fuck yeah.

Maybe it's about how we can get into a rut or patterns that aren't what we want. I've only scratched the surface of the idea but going to try to pay more attention to it.
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Far too excited to discover there's a new FitBit badge for going over 25,000 steps.

I was thinking on the evenings walk in between hearing Richard Osman's ideal meal about a recent 'shake things up' personal philosophy. Well mini philosophy or even smaller than that.

I was cycling back from Dundrum a month ago and lifted by hands from the handlebar for a moment and felt a fission of excitement. And this stuck with me a bit: how childishly excited I was about something that was a standard part of childhood. Maybe I've become too cloistered too grown up too risk averse.

​​​​​​And I was thinking about it as the holidays were approaching and past holidays and wondering - maybe I've become the family member who says no. Who sits on the deckchair rather than slip down the pool slide. Not that those things are important, but it's more what that means for everything else in life.

Anyway, I don't want to end this as a redemption story, but I resolved for this holiday to say yes to everything. To be the grump for nothing. One notable event was being at the top of an 18 metre platform and jumping off attached to a rope. Something I would have previously looked at and sniggered at the idea of someone doing. And on the ground I was there like a kid thinking fuck yeah.

Maybe it's about how we can get into a rut or patterns that aren't what we want. I've only scratched the surface of the idea but going to try to pay more attention to it.
                                                                    I like where this could go.

The BBV throws out things at you and you have to say Yes to doing them.

We could get a TV series out it.

Comment

PM with bank details sent. Ta very much!!
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

great post - i can relate - perhaps not such a lucid plan as above but have been having the same motivations since early summer when the world started opening....i think my kids have noticed

Comment

iPO in October & European Open in February being tentatively announced as happening.

Passes acquired from she who must be obeyed.
                                                                          Excited.

Comment

Dont be jolting that dodgy ticker too much now. I say instead of steps do 1200 hops . Alternate feet . Enjoy your new healthy bones

Comment

If the US FDA is now moving from 'emergency use' to 'full authorisation' for Pfizer (with presumably the same to follow for the other vaccines), that provides legal cover for employers to mandate that their employees must be vaccinated. Indeed some companies and indeed state organisations e.g. the US armed forces, are now starting to do this.

Do we think we'll see the same here? Completely different employer-employee balance of power obv.

Comment

What reasonably priced decent restaurant would I still get a booking for this weekend?
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                  I like where this could go.

The BBV throws out things at you and you have to say Yes to doing them.

We could get a TV series out it.
                                                                                  There is a film on Netflix that I watched with the kids called Yes day.
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Saw that too. Genius concept for appealing to kids.

Comment

It's not the vegetables fault that you're happy to murder the larvae.
                                                                                      Not the cabbages fault, but none the less, farming of vegetables is responsible for the deaths of probably as many living creatures as farming for meat.

I've made a similar point before, either here, or on boards. That the vegan-esque view that all animals are equal is absurd. They simply aren't. Killing a spider is not the same as killing a tiger.
                                                                                      And of we do say it's equal, then we should see beef as more-acceptable than say seafood. A cow provides 1000 portion, where as a marinara could have 10-20 creatures in it. Yet some how the pescatarians have managed to brand themselves as being semi-considerate, vegetarian-lite types. That one makes no sense - "they can't feel pain" is a bit of a cop of.

The reality is, we view bigger animals are being more important. A elephant or whale suffering pull on the heart strings more than a mouse or a sardine. That sorts of cancels out the portons provided from a cow vrs a chicken to be equally amoral choices. But I do wonder how many mice and insects have to be shredded by archricultural equipment to make certain veg be a non-zero contribution.

On the topic, similar to Solks. I've been doing a veggie day. Once a week only. Today in fact, haven't had meat on a thursday. Since May. Flexitarian it is I guess.

Comment

FYI. 25k is 5/18 for steps

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                          What reasonably priced decent restaurant would I still get a booking for this weekend?
                                                                                          Keep an eye here - https://twitter.com/last_table/with_replies

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

FYI. 25k is 5/18 for steps
                                                                                            What does that mean? Is 5/18 a fraction maybe?

Comment

If the US FDA is now moving from 'emergency use' to 'full authorisation' for Pfizer (with presumably the same to follow for the other vaccines), that provides legal cover for employers to mandate that their employees must be vaccinated. Indeed some companies and indeed state organisations e.g. the US armed forces, are now starting to do this.

Do we think we'll see the same here? Completely different employer-employee balance of power obv.
                                                                                              We've already started doing this in the US.

Due to the overwhelming volume of cargo coming into the US plus staff shortages from Covid sickness, a lot of offices are struggling to the point whereby they have had to stop taking on any new business. One facility in Florida alone has 12 warehouse lads out sick at the one time due to Covid. From what I'm hearing, a lot of people still aren't willing to work, either through fear of Covid or through to laziness as they are still getting state payments. These are due to end on Sept 1st so that may all change quite quick.

There has been some pushback due to religious/health/I'm a loon reasons but the company is holding fast. Get jabbed or GTFO. The situation in Florida is probably helping them as an example of what can happen and how it can seriously derail business if people aren't vaxxed.

No word of it happening this side of the pond yet, quite the opposite as I thought you can't legally ask somebody if they have got he vaccine?

Last Minute Table Dublin on Instagram is your friend here. They post up all sorts of last minute cancellations but you need to be on it like a hawk as they go lightening fast.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Our TV show with Hitch won't be PG rated

Comment

No word of it happening this side of the pond yet, quite the opposite as I thought you can't legally ask somebody if they have got he vaccine?
                                                                                                  No, but maybe you can make it a condition of employment that they provide a vaccine cert? Need Kayroo (where is he anyway?)!

Comment

I too need a restaurant recomendation in and around The Dylan hotel.
                                                                                                    We won a 2 night stay two years and and can finally use it.

Comment

Not the cabbages fault, but none the less, farming of vegetables is responsible for the deaths of probably as many living creatures as farming for meat.
                                                                                                      I'm open to correction, but I think the serious vegetarian thinks of that as the difference between (impossible to avoid) manslaughter and murder. The only pescaterians I ever met were doing it because they believed it to be healthier.

Used to find it funny with the Hare Krishnas, that along with vegetarianism, they wouldn't eat onions or garlic because they considered them aphrodisiacs, and it was difficult enough to be celibate without that.

Comment

Read yesterday that under an extreme form of veganism you should give consideration when eating a fruit or veg as to whether another animal needs it more.

Comment

What does that mean? Is 5/18 a fraction maybe?
                                                                                                          The 25k steps in a day badge is the 5th level. There are 18 levels in total. 30k is next

Comment

I'm open to correction, but I think the serious vegetarian thinks of that as the difference between (impossible to avoid) manslaughter and murder. The only pescatarians I ever met were doing it because they believed it to be healthier.
                                                                                                            I few pescatarians I met did it for health, a few as they simply didn't like red meat, but also plenty that say they are "vegetarian but I eat fish". Not much of a sample size, so no claims about frequency.

I don't see how it's impossible to avoid. Avoiding root vegetables is just as easy, possibly easier, as avoiding meat. Accidently killing something might be manslaughter, but when it's everyday, routine and constantly, it's beyond manslaughter. Murder 3 at least.
                                                                                                            And I'm not suggesting cabbage is as bad as steak, I'm saying that all creatures aren't equal. And taking a stance that they are ties you in a bind quickly.

Used to find it funny with the Hare Krishnas, that along with vegetarianism, they wouldn't eat onions or garlic because they considered them aphrodisiacs, and it was difficult enough to be celibate without that.
                                                                                                            Ah jaysus, pasta night must be desperate.

Comment

Myself and the missus went to Musashi Hogan Place last Saturday for lunch. Sushi/sashimi platter, a couple of starters, mixed tempura and a couple of drinks for €60. Everything was absolutely excellent. I think we were the only punters there @ 1pm (ish). It was the 2nd time we've been (other time pre-pandemic) and in both cases it was top class for quality, value and service. I think they have a few places dotted around Dublin and I'll definitely be giving them a spin again.

Comment

I'm saying that all creatures aren't equal. And taking a stance that they are ties you in a bind quickly.
                                                                                                                Think I was only a vegetarian when I was around 17 to 20(so late 1980's). Looking back on it, it was probably mostly because I enjoyed being a contrarian cunt, and it also gave me an excuse to avoid my mothers terrible cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Myself and the missus went to Musashi Hogan Place last Saturday for lunch. Sushi/sashimi platter, a couple of starters, mixed tempura and a couple of drinks for €60. Everything was absolutely excellent. I think we were the only punters there @ 1pm (ish). It was the 2nd time we've been (other time pre-pandemic) and in both cases it was top class for quality, value and service. I think they have a few places dotted around Dublin and I'll definitely be giving them a spin again.
                                                                                                                  Absolutely love Musashi - Usually go to their place on Capel St even though Hogan Place is nearer to me. Can't beat a lunch of Gyoza, Eda-mame, Sushi/Sashimi washed down with a beer.

Comment

Is this someone from this parish? Have no other clue as to why I followed their 1 video youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Looks pretty good, have noticed the one on capel st! Unfortunately dining partner doesnt like sushi... ffs. Reminds me i havent been to the Kimchi Hophouse in a while, thats on the maybe pile
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Absolutely love Musashi - Usually go to their place on Capel St even though Hogan Place is nearer to me. Can't beat a lunch of Gyoza, Eda-mame, Sushi/Sashimi washed down with a beer.
                                                                                                                        Ah it's unreal in fairness. The value for money is huge. I had to drive home later that night so only got the one beer in and a taste of the saki. Would have loved a few more.

Comment

Ever get the feel that a day isn't going to be very productive?

Me this morning : Makes list of 10 things that must be done today

Also me : Starts doing two things that aren't on the list as I like to do them

Also me : Changes title of list from things that must be done today to things that must be done this week

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X