X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture.JPG I'm in Donegal atm. This is the view out my front door -
    Attached Files

Comment

Restaurant recommendation required: driving Cork- Bantry next Sat and just checked the route (surprised to see you go inland).

Will have a car full of hungry hippos: anyone know of some suitable outdoor place to book lunch? Thinking just before Cork\just after.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Right, time to do the Alpe de Howth Head before the joint goes on fire again. And buy a fish in Dorans.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Restaurant recommendation required: driving Cork- Bantry next Sat and just checked the route (surprised to see you go inland).

Will have a car full of hungry hippos: anyone know of some suitable outdoor place to book lunch? Thinking just before Cork\just after.

Comment

Au contraire.

I can attest to their hungriness. Will also have a hungry septugenarian in tow for good measure.

Oh, and the eldest child\teenager\general self righteous pain in the pass is a vegetarian.

Comment

For me, in a digital sense, that's Twitter. Just seems like pure poison and must have a corrosive impact. Avoid with extreme prejudice.

In a media sense, I do consume a lot of news but I do pick my sources carefully. I hope we never end up with a Fox equivalent here. I like Solk's point that our kids own the future and that we should be aware of what's going on the world.
              List of aforementioned sources please for those of us too lazy to do our own research

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III
                I hope we never end up with a Fox equivalent here.
                Have you caught any of the new one in the UK - GB News?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Have you caught any of the new one in the UK - GB News?
                  No. Assuming the usual horrid trigger 'stories' mishmash of xenophobia?

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

List of aforementioned sources please for those of us too lazy to do our own research
                    Irish Times
                    New York Times
                    The Atlantic
                    The New Yorker
                    Politico
                    etc

I don't tend to watch much tv news but would still have some faith in the BBC. RTE makes my teeth grind mostly but can surprise on the upside occasionally.
                    The American hyper-polarisation is scary.

Now you could argue that this is all a very distinct slice of the media pie and you would be right. But it's also the best of what's out there.

Comment

BBC world service radio is still amazingly comprehensive and neutral despite all the funding cuts.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tried to get out for a run before 8 this morning but got held up and it was 9 before I got moving, was grand for the first half hour but then the shade disappeared and it was proper scorchio.

Now for Iced coffee and watching sports in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Tried to get out for a run before 8 this morning but got held up and it was 9 before I got moving, was grand for the first half hour but then the shade disappeared and it was proper scorchio.

Now for Iced coffee and watching sports in the garden.
                          Have yet to go out. Have a bunch of hill sprints to do. Should be eh, fun.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Wait until tonight IMO... Ah I suppose a whippet like yourself will be alright

Comment

Wait until tonight IMO... Ah I suppose a whippet like yourself will be alright
                              Ah I'll go out soon and get it done, hop into the kids' paddling pool afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Feckin' roashted out of it on the Alpe.

Not many days in Ireland where emptying your water bottle over your head is an orgasmic experience.

Comment

First Hole in One this morning. Couldn't believe it.

Comment

Spare a thought for Shaarp whom still have to quarantine despite being double jabbed if he goes to France.

What a fuck up by the British!
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                      First Hole in One this morning. Couldn't believe it.
                                      This a sex thing? Congratulations

Comment

This a sex thing? Congratulations
                                        No having given up all the good things in life I took up Golf.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

No having given up all the good things in life I took up Golf.
                                          I'm not quite there yet. Give me a couple of years.

Comment

IPB Open Sweep 2021 - Round 2 Update

Sorry for delay. All to play for.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

'tis like the Med

20210717_153901.jpg

Comment

Oh nice, what's that a sea bream or a bass?

Comment

Oh nice, what's that a sea bream or a bass?
                                                  Sea bream. Picked him up in Dorans on the way back from the Alpe with the sweat running off me in torrents.

Comment

Skerries was amazing . Rookie sun boy error two big red feet . factor 50 everywhere else. Will sleep with feet out the window

Comment

Ulster football gets a lot of stick, but that Armagh Monaghan semi final was one of the games of the century.

Comment

Search Facebook for O'Dwyer and sons funeral directors and tell me its not the most bizarre thing you've ever seen.

Not necessarily the funerals of those three scrotes, but the service they provide in general.

A wedding style video complete with drone footage, crying kids, interviews with mourners, all uploaded to their Facebook page for shares and likes.

Boss of the company seems to play a starring role in each, dressed like something out of Peaky Blinders.

Have a look about them that they're in the business of creating business too.

Truly the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. One of the videos is a funeral of a child.

Comment

'You kill 'em, we grill 'em'

Comment

Definitely about to pass out the US on vaccines soon.

They have 59% of their adult population double-jabbed (per the NYT today) and we have 56% now (per RTE).

Their vaccine-hesitant states are going to take a hammering from Delta.
                                                            Has now happened. We're at 63% of adults double-jabbed, they're at 59.3%.

Some scary trends in vaccine hesitant\Republican (join the fucking dots) states like Arkansas and Alabama.

Comment

Sitting outside Paudis in Ventry chatting to the Gaillimh and the locals with a decent colour had and Louis for a hopefull 6k payday tomorrow. Guinness is good too, life too. Happy summer all.

Comment

I'm sure Farage on GB News will be something

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Had a great meal in that’s amore in Malahide last night. Despite basically eating in a lane. First time eating there.
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

The Dawn Wall documentary blew me away . What a story. You couldn't make it up

Comment

In the DJ club baby!
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

An interesting angleon the covid situation in the UK now. Delta is tearing through the population (bad) but, given that the vulnerable, and indeed a very good majority of all adults, are pretty much all vaccinated (good), there's an element of 'so what?' about it.

The 'so what' seems to be that bits of your economy seize up as the numbers required to self-isolate explode. Nearly a million school kids alone are self-isolating for example. Tube lines closed as they run out of workers.

It'll be interesting to see if we experience the same. And the red US states.

Comment

IPB Open Sweep 2021 Update after Round 3

All over bar the shouting surely?

Comment

An interesting angleon the covid situation in the UK now. Delta is tearing through the population (bad) but, given that the vulnerable, and indeed a very good majority of all adults, are pretty much all vaccinated (good), there's an element of 'so what?' about it.

The 'so what' seems to be that bits of your economy seize up as the numbers required to self-isolate explode. Nearly a million school kids alone are self-isolating for example. Tube lines closed as they run out of workers.

It'll be interesting to see if we experience the same. And the red US states.
                                                                            The UK covid patients in mechanical ventilation beds was down to 119 on the 29th May. Back up to 551 now. Worst was 4,077 on 24th Jan so plenty of scope to cope.

UK Daily deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate by date of death going up more slowly between May and now. Staying just below 20. Get less sick with vaccines plus ICUs people learning better ways of treating.

Worst daily death figure was 1,481 on 19th Jan.

Humans win. Open it up.

Comment

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...P03Ih-XAYSQeJ8
                                                                              ​​​​​​
                                                                              ​​​​​​​I'd be interested in anyone who has the time and inclination to sit down and actually read this, with an undistracted mind. To anyone in a hurry to react emmotively and turn off after he mentions, a majority of science being being, this is of course true. Has happened innumerable times throughout history, crisis point is the term I think, that you only known what you don't know when one thing breaks kind of gig. I was utterly terrified when this whole thing began. Id also respectively say, if your inlinced to be like, load of bollox, actually do a bit of independent digging and see what you think

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                IPB Open Sweep 2021 Update after Round 3

All over bar the shouting surely?
                                                                                My team are currently + 8 in running

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                  ​​​​​​
                                                                                  Who wrote that?

Comment

My team are currently + 8 in running
                                                                                    Does your subs 4 rounds count or last 2 . If just the last 2 it's a lot closer . If all 4 you surely safe . Bit o interest wha.

Comment

Who wrote that?
                                                                                      I don't know, but anyone linking to Ivor Cummins' site and the Great Barrington Declaration in a positive way is best avoided imo.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Northern Ireland set an all time temperature record. 31 degrees.

I hope everyone is enjoying beer/food/wine in the garden!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Does your subs 4 rounds count or last 2 . If just the last 2 it's a lot closer . If all 4 you surely safe . Bit o interest wha.
                                                                                          Sub swapped into lineup so all 4 of sub.

Comment

​​​​​​
                                                                                            I'd be interested in anyone who has the time and inclination to sit down and actually read this, with an undistracted mind. To anyone in a hurry to react emmotively and turn off after he mentions, a majority of science being being, this is of course true. Has happened innumerable times throughout history, crisis point is the term I think, that you only known what you don't know when one thing breaks kind of gig. I was utterly terrified when this whole thing began. Id also respectively say, if your inlinced to be like, load of bollox, actually do a bit of independent digging and see what you think
                                                                                            Hey Sam, I’m too deep in the Sunday vino to give this the consideration and response it deserves. But I’ll find the time tomorrow when I’m on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Hey Sam, I’m too deep in the Sunday vino to give this the consideration and response it deserves. But I’ll find the time tomorrow when I’m on the clock.
                                                                                              Spoiler alert: it is actually a load of bollocks quite independent of one's mood, time, or mental state.

Comment

Spoiler alert: it is actually a load of bollocks quite independent of one's mood, time, or mental state.
                                                                                                I don’t think the content will change by morning. It’s more my ability to consider it and construct a detailed reply.

Comment

You don't think it raises ANY valid concerns?

Did you read it? Did you read and think, that's a reasonable and unusual point? And following that prod round to decipher if it has grounding in truth. Is it likely you read it from a state of this is my opinion and even then questioning of opinions I'm emotionally entwined with is triggering?

​​​​​​You think the parts regarding poverty are a load of bollocks? I'd be astonished if you spent more thanntwo minutes reading it. And there in lies the rub, and IMO why we are a such dangerous point in polarity.
                                                                                                  Regardless, fairly obnoxious reply.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Closed_Account; 18-07-21, 16:47.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I don't know, but anyone linking to Ivor Cummins' site and the Great Barrington Declaration in a positive way is best avoided imo.
                                                                                                    Cognogens

Comment

LOL at it being protected so that you ned a Micro$oft account to read it.

But LOL Ivor Cummins, not too fine a point on it anyone who assigns any credibility to him needs help, the man is a fucking snake oil salesman who is milking the desperation of people gullible enough to fall for being told what they think they need to hear.

Comment

Jayz the hurling took me away from the golf. What skillz both these teams have .Limerick were astounding.

Comment

This is EXACTLY my point. And I find it so jarring. I'm not a Covid denier. I believe vaccines are a wondrous thing. I disagree with significant parts of the piece. I'm scared of Covid and have concerns and worries about getting a vaccine, when people involved in the development of vaccine themselves have concerns.

To me that seems unusual.

It does raise some points of merit or things that re unusual. I'd imagine that's very hard to debate. For some reasons, in situations like this, emmotioanlly charged, the ability to say hmm thats an unusual part of this seems to disappear and I find that terrifying.

Comment

so back in the day, a wide variety of beliefs would fit the bill for this, right?

Comment

Jayz the hurling took me away from the golf. What skillz both these teams have .Limerick were astounding.
                                                                                                              Yeah was top notch stuff, I watched KK VS Dub yesterday. Awful shite except for 10 mins in the first half.. KK & DUB lads must be thinking they are playing a different game
                                                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

You know what. Fuck this. I'm trying to offer a viewpoint and being met by obnoxious arrogance. As nauseum. I have never as far as I can see riduled opposing opinions. Fuck this.

Comment

That was some second half !!
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

You know what. Fuck this. I'm trying to offer a viewpoint and being met by obnoxious arrogance. As nauseum. I have never as far as I can see riduled opposing opinions. Fuck this.
                                                                                                                    Which points are valid?

Can't read the doc because I'm not a subscriber to micro$oft surely you can appreciate the irony of that?

Comment

Just try criticising Tiger Woods , they lose their shit.

Morikowa looks the real deal .

Comment

Which points are valid?

Can't read the doc because I'm not a subscriber to micro$oft surely you can appreciate the irony of that?
                                                                                                                        You are contributing re a written piece with an assertive opinion without having read the piece itself?

I mean.

Can you see the irony of that?

I don't know about Microsoft or that mumbo jumbo, I was able to read it. I don't have any accounts like that.

Comment

Just try criticising Tiger Woods , they lose their shit.

Morikowa looks the real deal .
                                                                                                                          Ha! Enjoyed that. Obv being a bit reactive, nothing like humour to help one cop the fuck on!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X