This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    If you have no car HH, it's a fair trek out to the island from Raheny (assuming you're coming on DART). Would want to bring water, food with you too.
    Ah! That's the mvp advice. Cheers. Might try to do something a bit more accessible.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Ah! That's the mvp advice. Cheers. Might try to do something a bit more accessible.
      Dart to Raheny and spend hours in St Anne’s Park
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Cool. Just got a call from them to come in early. 2.30 now instead of 5.55.
        My appointment today in the helix was 16. 10, I rocked up at 9.30 and was done in less than 20 minutes, no bother about the times. I had an appointment already in the afternoon and got a mate to ask that it'd be OK when he had his appointment yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Don't see anything there about swing weight?? Pro I know is obsessed with it. He spent the weekend drilling 4mm off his iron shafts to get them 2g lighter!

Have a look at this: https://www.tgw.com/golf-guide/what-is-swing-weight/

Also read up on shaft SST Puring, FLO and Spine alignment (spining) and find out if these services are provided in the price. I had FLO done on a set of my irons and the difference is quite noticeable as I played with them before and after the process. Much better dispersion after.
          I just know that the shafts made me hit the irons straighter. Even though I’m 6.3 I need flatter clubs due to being very shallow. Tried lots of different iron shafts and these were the best by a mile dispersion wise. I am using Superlight iron shafts as it is so went for lighter shafts again. Hit 5 shots with the 5’wood that was lowered to 17 degrees as don’t like 3 woods generally and loved it. My irons are 15 years old so time for a change.
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Got my Vaccine notification for Friday. That was quick.

one small issue it’s in fucking Waterford
            Last edited by elbows; 08-06-21, 18:49.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Dart to Raheny and spend hours in St Anne’s Park
              Probably a better option if carless

Or get DART to Raheny, turn right out of station down to taxi rank at village (100m) and get them to drop you off right at the very end of the causeway. Double win in avoiding a very long walk + not having to drive around painfully looking for a parking spot.
              Then call a taxi when ready to leave.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Got the hair cut after 18 months this afternoon, feel like a new man, long hair is ridic annoying.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Got my Vaccine notification for Friday. That was quick.

one small issue it’s in fucking Waterford
                  How did that happen? Thought you were based in North Dublin?

Look like you win the score, unless I get the call for sooner which seems unlikely.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

How did that happen? Thought you were based in North Dublin?

Look like you win the score, unless I get the call for sooner which seems unlikely.
                    Yeah I’m north dublin. Lads complaining about going to the Aviva. I called them and they said it was random and that she was getting complaints all day. Got her to check my address. Yes it’s Portmarnock in Fucking Dublin. I’ll void the bet as no idea whether I can go or not yet. Also it’s not just 1 trip to Waterford it would be 2.

Comment

what age are you elbows?

Comment

what age are you elbows?

Comment

Am I being irrational here or is this as ridiculous as it seems to me

Comment

Guessing this is golf, again.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Guessing this is golf, again.
                              Not this time

Comment

The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything," calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years. Unfortunately, no one knows what the question is.

Comment

Someone in Limerick on the boards vaccine appointments thread who also got asked to go to Waterford. You could just turn it into a fun day out?

Comment

Someone in Limerick on the boards vaccine appointments thread who also got asked to go to Waterford. You could just turn it into a fun day out?
                                    You could meet up with nicnic, Kev and Murdrum for golf and outdoor pints.

And, no doubt, blaas.

Comment

And, no doubt, blaas.
                                      Maybe for the 2nd dose

Comment

Good chance i'll be in Clare on holiday when my second shot is due and, by fuck, I'll jump in the car and drive back to Dublin then return to Clare in a day to get it.

Some people don't know how lucky they have it.

In other news Mare of Easttown is every bit as good as they say it is. Essential viewing.

Comment

Have a trip to Portrush booked for the end of July. So Waterford here I come.

Comment

And, no doubt, blaas.
                                            Haven't seen Murdrum on here in a while. Wondering if he ever got those PXGs.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

In other news Mare of Easttown is every bit as good as they say it is. Essential viewing.
                                              It's great, 5 episodes in and sad there's only 2 left

Comment

Yeah I’m north dublin. Lads complaining about going to the Aviva. I called them and they said it was random and that she was getting complaints all day. Got her to check my address. Yes it’s Portmarnock in Fucking Dublin. I’ll void the bet as no idea whether I can go or not yet. Also it’s not just 1 trip to Waterford it would be 2.
                                                Train down, bring golf clubs, Euros opening night and a few pints, kid and wife free

Comment

Everyone needs a coach like this at some time in their life......skip to 2m 44s.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Haven't seen Murdrum on here in a while. Wondering if he ever got those PXGs.
                                                    I noticed one of his old posts recently but his account had been deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Really? Like with Zuut?

They do that themselves then?

That's a real pity.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Really? Like with Zuut?

They do that themselves then?

That's a real pity.
                                                        There's a decent case we should all delete our accounts every now and again. No harm in getting rid of old data points.

Comment

Does anyone know an easy way to get rid of 14 internal wooden doors? I don't want to have to get a skip. I have them on Adverts for 70 quid but no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                            Does anyone know an easy way to get rid of 14 internal wooden doors? I don't want to have to get a skip. I have them on Adverts for 70 quid but no luck.
                                                            Change the 70 quid to free

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                              Put them outside your house with a for sale sign on them at €200

Someone will steal them.

Comment

There's a decent case we should all delete our accounts every now and again. No harm in getting rid of old data points.
                                                                Not all of us have extremely dodgy posting histories

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Fantastic acting. Started watching City On The Hill, Kevin Bacon, its been very good so far, 5 episodes in. Motherland on Netflix is an easy half hour watch also.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I think we need to do something.

The number of active posters on here is diminishing constantly. Some of that is probably just natural dropoff, some of it is probably down to the fact that we have close to zero poker content anymore but I suspect a lot of it is just due to how unbelievably crappy this site is to use and navigate.
                                                                    A lot of our regulars are now just in lurking status too.
                                                                    Ultimately the site will just die entirely, which would be an awful shame. Best case it stays what it is, an amusing echo chamber for the few of us that remain active.

I've been offering for a long time to kick in $$$ as needed but no-one ever seems interested in taking the offer up. In fairness, DP and sometimes 5star seem to be the only admins\mods who are still committed to keeping this place up and I have no doubt they do some heroic work with their virtual hammers and spanners for no reward whatsoever bar their own commitment to the community.

It's time to do two things (and I think one leads to the other):
                                                                    1. Fix the site. Either do whatever it takes to get this site up to the ease of use standards of somewhere like boards or else let's take the decision to move to another platform entirely. This place sucks donkey balls.
                                                                    2. Once we have (1) done, let's make a serious effort to get back at least some of our dormant posters - get the community vibrant again.

Comment

Solidly behind that.

Comment

The other alternative is....go back to Boards.

Comment

The number of active posters on here is diminishing constantly. Some of that is probably just natural dropoff, some of it is probably down to the fact that we have close to zero poker content anymore but I suspect a lot of it is just due to how unbelievably crappy this site is to use and navigate.
                                                                          Ultimately the site will just die entirely, which would be an awful shame. Best case it stays what it is, an amusing echo chamber for the few of us that remain active.

I've been offering for a long time to kick in $$$ as needed but no-one ever seems interested in taking the offer up. In fairness, DP and sometimes 5star seem to be the only admins\mods who are still committed to keeping this place up and I have no doubt they do some heroic work with their virtual hammers and spanners for no reward whatsoever bar their own commitment to the community.

1. Fix the site. Either do whatever it takes to get this site up to the ease of use standards of somewhere like boards or else let's take the decision to move to another platform entirely. This place sucks donkey balls.
                                                                          2. Once we have (1) done, let's make a serious effort to get back at least some of our dormant posters - get the community vibrant again.
                                                                          Do you not think its weeded out the impatient fuckers

Good post all the same

I've counted 7 doors in our house. I guess we live in a mud hut compared to Eoghan. 14 doors ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Do you not think its weeded out the impatient fuckers

Good post all the same

I've counted 7 doors in our house. I guess we live in a mud hut compared to Eoghan. 14 doors ?
                                                                            Ooooh 7 doors, my aren't we fancy. Only 3 doors here and consider myself lucky. Kids today
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Internal Door Count (IDC) = 12
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Feel sorry for the open plan people, you're never winning this game.
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                  Feel sorry the open plan people, you're never winning this game.
                                                                                  I knocked two rooms together and lost a door. Really wish I didn't now. Although, I'd still be in third place behind you with 11.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Ooooh 7 doors, my aren't we fancy. Only 3 doors here and consider myself lucky. Kids today
                                                                                    Ah when I say Doors I mean lumps of cardboard placed to block out the draft but th were doors to me lad.

Comment

I knocked two rooms together and lost a door. Really wish I didn't now. Although, I'd still be in third place behind you with 11.
                                                                                      Did you look under the sofa ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

I got rid of 18 doors or so on Adverts for Free. Gone is less time than it takes the kettle to boil. Probably had 10 ppl wanting them.
                                                                                        Yeah I am going to do this alright. Nice humble brag on the 18 doors.

My house is just old school where they decided to build loads of small rooms rather than a few big ones!

Comment

The site is woeful no doubt. There is no threads no blogs to follow many where the content was poor some decent. The reality is the site has got boring maybe it’s Covid related or just the sane conversation rehashed. Only so many wanks a man can have over a cold cuts and cheese platter picture. The glory days were the big meets at poker festivals especially nights out. It’s a bit like having friends if you have to hound them to have a drunken night out hang out is it worth it ?

Comment

When will there be live poker again?
                                                                                            Will there be poker festivals again?
                                                                                            Were any of the dealers and floor people who normally work at festivals able to get on the PUP?
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Were any of the dealers and floor people who normally work at festivals able to get on the PUP?
                                                                                              Never all get vaccinated but still have to wear a mask

Comment

I think casino's can only open at the same time as nightclubs which is a bit harsh. I think previously some smaller rooms opened when cinemas did.

As for festival's there will be no chance for a while I imagine.

Comment

Sorry, that was my fault. Was updating something on the site and it broke something else.

Great timing, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                    Sorry, that was my fault. Was updating something on the site and it broke something else.

Great timing, eh?
                                                                                                    The great fixer and breaker of things
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some 500 errors on a few things should be easy enough to sort.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Are we there yet?
                                                                                                          Not there yet, but getting there

Comment

You should definitely take your own advice ))))

Comment

Did we pay the 4 Dogecoin ransom?

Comment

I guess I really did tempt fate there.

Or prove my point.

Comment

Is JP the only poker room left in Dublin?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Is JP the only poker room left in Dublin?
                                                                                                                    On the southside yep. On the Northside you have the 4kings in swords.

Comment

I guess I really did tempt fate there.

Or prove my point.
                                                                                                                      It prompted a frank discussion in the modcave and Dom "fixed" something
                                                                                                                      Cue many, many hours of unfixing it by Dom and myself

If nothing else, it has started some kind of ball rolling.

Comment

not unless you want a tooth extracted.
                                                                                                                        Was only in it once, it has a unique clientele alright.
                                                                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

not unless you want a tooth extracted.
                                                                                                                          Ah it's not that bad, played in a few monthies there and found it quite enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X