Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a proper blowtorch in my ol' man's garage. 4 hours at 58C sous vide followed by 4 mins at 2000C under the torch. Savage!

IMG_20200712_173709.jpg IMG_20200712_174343.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Taking 3 kids down to Cork and have imposed an electronics ban for the holiday in the aspirational hope that we will do lots of family stuff. I'd say this will go well.
      Do you fish ? If you are in any rocky sea front area there be crabs lurking. Pull off some barnacles off any rock tie with string or fishing line throw out in likely crab hiding areas crab will grab hours of fun could also eat the crabs but kids might be traumatized so can release after catching.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Don't make allowances for an illiterate racist.
        Are you on the blob hectorjelly?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Do you fish ? If you are in any rocky sea front area there be crabs lurking. Pull off some barnacles off any rock tie with string or fishing line throw out in likely crab hiding areas crab will grab hours of fun could also eat the crabs but kids might be traumatized so can release after catching.
          Mick, hope you don't mind but I'd like to turn all your posts into poetry.

This one is called 'Do you Fish'

Do you Fish.

If you are, in any rocky seafront area

There be crabs lurking

Pull off some barnacles, off any rock tie

With string, or fishing line throw out

In likely crab hiding areas

Crab will grab

Hours of fun

Could also eat, the crabs

But kids might be traumatised so

Can release.

After catching.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Poetry or not, that sounds like a good way to entertain some city slicker kids.

Will report back with details.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah, it sounds amazing.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Not really selling the west here. 'you could pull things off a rock'. I feel the Algarve is safe next year. Man that whole west sounds woeful with kids (delightful otherwise, thats a given).
                  After 3 months of lockdown I dont think it takes much selling.

The west has plenty for the kids, caves, waves , Islands , places to roam. Ok Laz put this in a poem. ( I made it ez)

Comment

Are you on the blob hectorjelly?
                    I thought he was a 'be nice to all ' Champion these days .

Comment

Comment

Speaking of fishing, I walked to Poolbeg Lighthouse yesterday and there were loads of Chinese people fishing there. I was walking across Bull Island today with the tide out and spied people under the bridge clam hunting, possibly Chinese (I didn't investigate).

This might be a ratings disaster sequel to Where was TylerDurden?

Comment

The Xiaomi M365 is the default escooter to go for, yeah? Are they as common on the roads of Dublin as they are here in France, where they easily outnumber bikes, or would I look like a weirdo flying along on one in Dublin?
                          I guess so but the build quality is terrible. I have one but I infinitely prefer cycling. Travelling on something with wheels that small is misery. I generally only operate in suburbia and they are present without being everywhere.

Comment

The Xiaomi M365 is the default escooter to go for, yeah? Are they as common on the roads of Dublin as they are here in France, where they easily outnumber bikes, or would I look like a weirdo flying along on one in Dublin?
                            Escooters are rare enough here compared to bikes, probably because they are not meant to be used when it's wet. I wouldn't trust a man who rides one.

Comment

Not really selling the west here. 'you could pull things off a rock'. I feel the Algarve is safe next year. Man that whole west sounds woeful with kids (delightful otherwise, thats a given).
                              It's not the west, its cork. And the area he is visiting is shite for kids with little to do for adults also. Theres loads of stuff to do in the west in pretty much any county. Sligo being my personal favourite

As an aside. We have a week booked in Kerry, first week of August. Booked a surfing lesson in Inch, kayaking out to the caves in Dingle bay. Plan to stroll up Torc or Mangerton mountain in Killarney. Could easily entertain 3 teenagers with stuff like that.

Comment

Comment

2020 sees the completion of the most recent life five year plan with reasonable, but not complete, success, of some decently stretching plans set in April 2015. Trying now to come up with the next set of five year plans and it's difficult as it seems very likely to influence my full life in a way that plans set before the age of 40 didn't. As in I'll be turning 48 in 2025 when the next plan runs its course and I'd find it hard to change track at that point. They should give training in this type of thing.
                                  Current one seems to have worked well! How did you approach it?

Comment

I showed wife’s friends kids how to catch crabs in Wexford last year 9 and 11 buried in bloody iPads and computer games mostly. They loved it now I had a fishing rod but just used some line. They had never done anything like it before but if nature all crabs returned didn’t eat then raw i am not bear grills nice crabs with a side order of piss.

Comment

Well I wish I'd waited for both of your responses before clicking on buy. What do you mean they aren't meant to be used when its wet??! Oh ffs. I'm still awaiting a credit decision from amazon, so maybe they'll turn it down, and I won't need to carry out the purchase.

That's not a ringing endorsement zuut. Shite. It was to do the 10 mins between Cabra Luas and DCU. Otherwise its a 50 minute walk which is obv not realistic. Hopefully it'll be grand for that.
                                      Sure you won't have to come in for the next year the way things are going.

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

I showed wife’s friends kids how to catch crabs in Wexford last year 9 and 11 buried in bloody iPads and computer games mostly. They loved it now I had a fishing rod but just used some line. They had never done anything like it before but if nature all crabs returned didn’t eat then raw i am not bear grills nice crabs with a side order of piss.
                                          Good memories of fishing on the Deel in Askeaton back when I was a wee lad.
                                          My cousin and I made a fishing rod using a really old style reel, curtain hooks and a reasonably straight length of pole.
                                          Warm summer that year(weren't they all then) great days working on the farm pitching bales of hay on to the trailer, corned beef sandwiches and a cup of tea for lunch.

We fished for hours on the deel taking turns finally snagging a trout, almost in darkness. Great times.

Last edited by dinekes; 12-07-20, 23:12. Reason: Mark Twain wouldnt have bothered his bollox

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Found a proper blowtorch in my ol' man's garage. 4 hours at 58C sous vide followed by 4 mins at 2000C under the torch. Savage!

IMG_20200712_173709.jpg IMG_20200712_174343.jpg
                                            Torture...

Show us the pic with the spuds and gravy for the love of Jebus!

Or nice crusty bread sandwich

Drool

Comment

Oh man, feel sick. Around 150 left in the WSOP ME sat from over 2k runners with 10 $5k tickets. A couple of hands earlier I call an open from UTG in the BB with K7. Fop is K,10,3. I check-call a bet. Check, check to turn, and it a K on the river. I check and he shoves 2x the pot. I snap and he has Q9. Huge pot. A few hands later I am on the button with AA and the same guy is in the BB. I open and he flats. Flop is 8,10, Q. Check, Check. Turn is a 2 and he bets tiny. I call. The river is 4. He rips 4x pot. I am not sure how I fold here? I probably have a top 30 chip stack if I fold. The pot is near enough for the chip lead. He obviously flips over the flopped straight.
                                              Last edited by Opr; 12-07-20, 23:08.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Good memories of fishing on the Deel in Askeaton back when I was a wee lad.
                                                My cousin and I made a fishing rod using a really old style reel, curtain hooks and a reasonably straight length of pole.
                                                Warm summer that year(weren't they all then) great days working on the farm pitching bales of hay on to the trailer, corned beef sandwiches and a cup of tea for lunch.

We fished for hours on the deel taking turns finally snagging a trout, almost in darkness. Great times.

You a west Limerick man ? Living in Patrickswell, 5 mins from The Ferrybridge.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

You a west Limerick man ? Living in Patrickswell, 5 mins from The Ferrybridge.
                                                  Dublin.

Used to spend a few weeks there every year.

Comment

Great news that getting covid19 probably only makes you immune to it for a couple of months. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1594573627

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Bought a length of string and some picnic ham out of a shop. Reckon the crabs deserve a snack if they're going to suffer the indignity of being hauled out of the water by jackeens.

Plus I ate some of their relations in Mary Anns of Casteltwonshend last night.

Comment

Poetry or not, that sounds like a good way to entertain some city slicker kids.

Will report back with details.
                                                            We've done it a few times out west. Last year, Mrs Mrs Lao Lao's eldest nephew (8 years old) was down at the pier for hours with a bit of chorizo stuck to a line and he'd managed to catch about 20 small crabs (all of which got thrown back in) He absolutely loved it!

Comment

The credit feature of amazon is a bit of a winner for getting them high value business. Not sure if Amazon Ireland has the same deal? Essentially for anything over a hundred and under a thousand you can automatically choose to pay it in 4 installments instead of pay immediately. Anything over a thousand, which I was doing yesterday as need a laptop and a scooter, then you click a few buttons and a few hours later they get back confirming you can pay in e.g. 10 / 20 monthly installments. I realise credit-to-buy is not a new idea, its more how simple and integrated Amazon have made it that's the big thing.
                                                              I didn’t know about this. A serious profit margin in that and given it seems to be underpinning a lot of brick and mortar stores for the sale of big ticket items it’s pretty interesting. Who are their finance partners or are they doing the lending themselves?
                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We've done it a few times out west. Last year, Mrs Mrs Lao Lao's eldest nephew (8 years old) was down at the pier for hours with a bit of chorizo stuck to a line and he'd managed to catch about 20 small crabs (all of which got thrown back in) He absolutely loved it!
                                                                Chorizo.

Comment

Chorizo.
                                                                  We like to fish for a classier type of crab...

Comment

Comment

Should have brought a WWE toy wrestling ring and had a battle royale with the 20 crabs.

Comment

he'd managed to catch about 20 small crabs (all of which got thrown back in) He absolutely loved it!
                                                                        Or one small crab 20 times.

I’m sure the crab had a fantastic day too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          Or one small crab 20 times.

I’m sure the crab had a fantastic day too.
                                                                          No, he had a big bucket full of water and put each crab in as he caught them. Then at the end, we put them all back in the sea as they were too small to eat.

Comment

When we were retailing white and brown goods in the 80's we were losing huge amount of sales in white goods to the ESB retail operation where you could put anything on your bill. We could only offer finance through block finance we would underwrite ourselves or even more expensive hire purchase type options. To help compete we started marketing 6 months interest free credit and it was an enormous success.
                                                                            The banks used to issue cards that as well as being atm cards were also cheque guarantees that allowed you to write a cheque up to £50 that was protected from bouncing. So there was no contract the buyer paid at least 20% up front and then just wrote and signed five post dated cheques for the balance. If the balance was for more than 250 you'd get a different batch of cheques off a different guarantee card often the other party on a joint account.
                                                                            Level of problems for us was really tiny but as loads more retailers started doing similar the banks went apeshit tried claiming this was fraud on our part and after while they went as far as bouncing cheques that had been guaranteed and were backed by funds because the cheque number sequence showed that they were post dated and only honouring them on representing by when they would have stuck on a fee. I remember towards the end having people write the cheques from different parts of the cheque book. Absolute cunce
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If this report from Kings saying covid immunity is time limited is true its going to be a fairly bleak winter
                                                                              https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...study-suggests

Comment

WTF is going on with the Luke Kelly statue, is it just general vandalism or some sort of gobshite art critics

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    If this report from Kings saying covid immunity is time limited is true its going to be a fairly bleak winter
                                                                                    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...study-suggests
                                                                                    We are all gonna die . Shag that young 50 year old woman from the village that you've had your eye on. You might not get another chance.

Comment

Ryan Depaulo has a youtube channel dedicated to him being a compete degen. Firing at slots, video poker the whole deal. He just took down the big 500 WSOP event for $200k. What makes it funny is that he did it while mooching off Whole Foods wifi playing in the parking lot on a tablet in his car.

Ecy2YT9X0AAREO9?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Bought a length of string and some picnic ham out of a shop. Reckon the crabs deserve a snack if they're going to suffer the indignity of being hauled out of the water by jackeens.

Plus I ate some of their relations in Mary Anns of Casteltwonshend last night.
                                                                                        Went crab fishing off Unionhall pier using the Sickpuppy patented method with SuperValu ham. This was spurned by all crustaceans present so maybe the chorizo approach is the correct one. Did attract a curious seal.

Kids then jumped off the pier multiple times which was deemed superior recreation. Now at Rosscarbery doing the Lagoon activity stuff, well kids are. I swerved this inflatable fun in favour of a kayak around. Not a bad day once the sun came out.

Fishing for crab off pier <<<<< jumping off pier.

Sorry Mick.

Comment

...

Comment

Think they use different partners dependent on country. Like it's a group called Cofidis here in France. Yeah its a serious strength as obv they sell literally everything. Handy enough for cash flow. I'd say I've used it maybe 6-8 times as its built into the platform.
                                                                                            Guessing it's 0% unless you're late?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                I see Fontaines DC are back with a new album and lathers of accidental Partridge:

"Some people feel that we were speaking on behalf of Dublin when we wrote Dogrel. The album is influenced by Dublin, but I don’t feel like I’ve any licence to speak for Ireland"

"We wanted to capture the underbelly of LA, but what we had was too polished."

Lol. Lisa Simpson goes to rock school.

Big Jack is turning in his grave.
                                                                                                Someone told me they had written and possibly recorded 3+ albums of material as part of a 5 year plan.

Seeing them live just reminded me of Donny Tourettes on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

Comment

Donal Trump re-tweeted this earlier. Jail is too good for him.

Comment

...

Comment

Went crab fishing off Unionhall pier using the Sickpuppy patented method with SuperValu ham. This was spurned by all crustaceans present so maybe the chorizo approach is the correct one. Did attract a curious seal.

Kids then jumped off the pier multiple times which was deemed superior recreation. Now at Rosscarbery doing the Lagoon activity stuff, well kids are. I swerved this inflatable fun in favour of a kayak around. Not a bad day once the sun came out.

Fishing for crab off pier <<<<< jumping off pier.

Sorry Mick.
                                                                                                      When did I mention using Serrano ham? A bashed up barnacle guts out will smell attract the crafty crustaceans. A road kill badger would be the nut bait though.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You'd also imagine he wouldn't have risked the court case itself unless it was something that he really felt he just couldn't let stand. Given the risk of taking the case is far more than the risk of not taking the case.
                                                                                                            Haven't been following it, though I generally doubt he has any grip on reality.

Comment

A tough three emails and we've now a nice apartment sorted in Dublin. It appears the rental 'crisis' was a hoax - nice job FAKE NEWS IPB. I'm now starting to wonder if this covid crap ye were going on about for the last while is even a thing.
                                                                                                              A good few people I know have left the country, seems a lot easier to rent. Students gone back home too etc. Friend just got a 2 bed in smithfield for 1200. My housemate moved out too, now I live alone, oh baby. At the same time I saw people offering a shared room for 550 yesterday (4 people in a 2 bed), and another place was 1k for a room in a shared place.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-07-20, 18:23.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  Someone told me they had written and possibly recorded 3+ albums of material as part of a 5 year plan.
                                                                                                                  Sigh... more business men making music. As if Spotify shitting over recorded music and Covid-19 pissing on live music wasn't enough.

Comment

At least we have CMAT... a true Dublin legend in the making (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      WTF is going on with the Luke Kelly statue, is it just general vandalism or some sort of gobshite art critics
                                                                                                                      Think it's more a 'fuck 12' thing than anything related to Luke Kelly.

Comment

Bought a length of string and some picnic ham out of a shop.:
                                                                                                                        How long was the piece of string?

Comment

The most recent episode of Snowpiercer was quite the event. A proper elevation of an already excellent series.
                                                                                                                          Really very enjoyable. Last few episodes really stepped up a notch. The season finale was a two episodes event and was really fun to watch.
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X