This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post

Kind of in the same boat Lloyd but I have deposited on stars via Revlout, and as it is not a bank yet, it is not viewable by your lending banks, I am not sure about N26 as this is a bank regulated in Germany if they would have access to it!
    Cheers pal

They look for your revolut statements these days as part of the approval process I'm afraid. Everything about this conversation annoys me tbh. The spectre of a bank turning you down because you decided to take a small portion of discretionary income for the year and play some poker with it boils my blood.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Wsop thread

Alan Kelleher(Big Al) http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1160

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Cheers pal

They look for your revolut statements these days as part of the approval process I'm afraid. Everything about this conversation annoys me tbh. The spectre of a bank turning you down because you decided to take a small portion of discretionary income for the year and play some poker with it boils my blood.
        What's the process? How far back do they want to look at? Do they ask for income and outgoings, or it the full transaction list?

I might start using cash more if I can expect someone to be looking at everything.

Comment

Cheers pal

I'd honestly be interested to hear your views on this. I seem to be way out of line with some of my friends on the recent mortgage approval issues and wonder why this would annoy you so much? I mean, they don't have to give you anything. If this is the criteria they apply then what's the issue?
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

I'd honestly be interested to hear your views on this. I seem to be way out of line with some of my friends on the recent mortgage approval issues and wonder why this would annoy you so much? I mean, they don't have to give you anything. If this is the criteria they apply then what's the issue?
              Are you asking my views on gambling / discretionary expense in general? I know enough about gambling / betting to know I'm not a problem gambler / bettor! I've enjoyed playing a little poker recently, I've started doing a little study again, etc. I want to play 11 - 55 dollar tournaments and understand the right way to approach is to deposit an adequate bankroll for same. What I'm looking to deposit is less than the surplus I have in my current account from staying in since quarantine (amazing how much we save when we're not buying lunches and coffee out, having a meal on the weekends, etc).

It seems to me that the context would be considered, and they'd be able to look at a person's history and the simple act of a once off deposit of a couple of grand wouldn't be held against you when it's not a recurring thing and you can easily afford it. Why would I expect it to work any other way? Fundamentally their rules should be there to determine people who can repay, who aren't over leveraging themselves. Not apply archaic and uninformed psychological fears about gambling.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Cos its great.
                Oh yeah!

Today will be doing well if it gets any better than that.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

What's the process? How far back do they want to look at? Do they ask for income and outgoings, or it the full transaction list?

I might start using cash more if I can expect someone to be looking at everything.
                  They will request 6 months statements min on all of your accounts, now including revolut and PayPal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Would they request my French bank accounts, do you think (when applying in Ireland)?
                      I believe the answer to that is no, as unbelievable as it may be. Check with a mortgage broker, but generally assets out of jurisdiction are not considered.

Comment

Are you asking my views on gambling / discretionary expense in general? I know enough about gambling / betting to know I'm not a problem gambler / bettor! I've enjoyed playing a little poker recently, I've started doing a little study again, etc. I want to play 11 - 55 dollar tournaments and understand the right way to approach is to deposit an adequate bankroll for same. What I'm looking to deposit is less than the surplus I have in my current account from staying in since quarantine (amazing how much we save when we're not buying lunches and coffee out, having a meal on the weekends, etc).

It seems to me that the context would be considered, and they'd be able to look at a person's history and the simple act of a once off deposit of a couple of grand wouldn't be held against you when it's not a recurring thing and you can easily afford it. Why would I expect it to work any other way? Fundamentally their rules should be there to determine people who can repay, who aren't over leveraging themselves. Not apply archaic and uninformed psychological fears about gambling.
                        I suppose I am wondering how much detail they need to look at. There's clearly been experience with people showing gambling tendencies on their historic bank accounts thereafter having difficulty maintaining payments. You clearly fall into the category of people for whom this really isn't an issue at all (in reality) but for whom the bank statements would hamper your chances of mortgage approval. But I am not sure they have the understanding or capacity to differentiate. Remember they only look for certain periods (6 months say). To do the sort of review you're discussing would require them to look further back to assess a history of deposits and withdrawals.

I'm just generally interested in the idea that banks should loosen up lending rules. The Covid-19 payment issue, for example, was perfectly reasonable I thought. But there was an incredible push to have banks give out mortgages despite the employment uncertainty. That just seemed absolutely insane to me. I know that's not your position but it struck me that their more stringent lending rules were what people said should have been there pre-2009 and now when they are seen as too strict the backlash is just as intense.

Comment

I believe the answer to that is no, as unbelievable as it may be. Check with a mortgage broker, but generally assets out of jurisdiction are not considered.
                          Unless there's been a change in policy this is correct.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Would they request my French bank accounts, do you think (when applying in Ireland)?
                                My fiancee lived in the UK a decade ago and never closed her current account as she returns fairly regularly to visit her sister so keeps some cash in it. AIB asked for a 6 month statement and a UK credit check, the latter of which was a total ballache.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

I suppose I am wondering how much detail they need to look at. There's clearly been experience with people showing gambling tendencies on their historic bank accounts thereafter having difficulty maintaining payments. You clearly fall into the category of people for whom this really isn't an issue at all (in reality) but for whom the bank statements would hamper your chances of mortgage approval. But I am not sure they have the understanding or capacity to differentiate. Remember they only look for certain periods (6 months say). To do the sort of review you're discussing would require them to look further back to assess a history of deposits and withdrawals.

I'm just generally interested in the idea that banks should loosen up lending rules. The Covid-19 payment issue, for example, was perfectly reasonable I thought. But there was an incredible push to have banks give out mortgages despite the employment uncertainty. That just seemed absolutely insane to me. I know that's not your position but it struck me that their more stringent lending rules were what people said should have been there pre-2009 and now when they are seen as too strict the backlash is just as intense.
                                  Look, this is the thing. I am a huge advocate of the deposit rules and we will be applying for an amount less than the 3.5 ratio, and have a deposit in excess of the minimum, etc. In that context, the idea that a couple of grand of clearly discretionary income being deposited for entertainment purposes would disqualify me grates in the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                    Just on the Frank Murphy stuff earlier and people not knowing her was a legitimately world class athlete,
                                    here's something else.

He was a regular in Scruffy Murphy's pub and one of the regulars was a Polish mathematician who figured out that if the lottery went above a certain amount with rollovers there was a guaranteed profit to be made by covering all the combinations because the match 5 and match 4 prizes would cover any risk of a shared Jackpot.

The lads got together in a syndicate, painstakingly pre filled all the necessary slips and bided their time waiting to pounce. When the moment came they paid off a local newsagent who gave them access to his shops machine and they set about entering the prepared tickets.

Lottery got wind of something being fishy and managed to shut down the terminal when they had most but not all combinations covered. Worked out in the end and the was one hell of a party in a house on Morehampton Road.

​​​​​​Jammy bugger asked me to chop a €50 game 3 days later!!!

​​​I agreed, he was that nice a guy.
                                    They bought a debenture on a box in Croker off the back of the winnings rights next to Irish life’s box that I occasionally visited. Anytime I went Frank and the boys would be there having the absolute crack no matter who was playing.

Myself and GAB (and a crew of various horsie folk) had a great evening in his restaurant Chai Yo after the Notre Dame vs Navy game in the Aviva. Good times! Hayes may have even sang a tune accompanied by a Thai guy on a mandoline at one point.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Remember that in this 'opposite of 15 years ago' world, they actively don't want to give out mortgages and are actively looking for reasons not to.

So play their game, keep all gambling stuff invisible until you get sorted. And then punt away like mad.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Look, this is the thing. I am a huge advocate of the deposit rules and we will be applying for an amount less than the 3.5 ratio, and have a deposit in excess of the minimum, etc. In that context, the idea that a couple of grand of clearly discretionary income being deposited for entertainment purposes would disqualify me grates in the extreme.
                                        What I find hilarious is they only look at net pay. Someone could be making a 20% avc (clearly marked on the payslip) and it is counted against them.

Yet on the other hand some banks will give you credit for 80% of your bonus as long as you can show a pattern of bonuses. It’s all a bit mad and sledgehammer to crack a nut stuff. All so junior and underpaid staff can apply quite simplistic rules. And then they wonder why the retail banking model is fucked...

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Yeah I can absolutely see that. Particularly where the outgoing is basically just on an entertainment. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

I had to send in a CV when I applied for my mortgage. No joke.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              You should have done a fly-by and dropped it down via parachute

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

What I find hilarious is they only look at net pay. Someone could be making a 20% avc (clearly marked on the payslip) and it is counted against them.

Yet on the other hand some banks will give you credit for 80% of your bonus as long as you can show a pattern of bonuses. It’s all a bit mad and sledgehammer to crack a nut stuff. All so junior and underpaid staff can apply quite simplistic rules. And then they wonder why the retail banking model is fucked...
                                                I went into one KBC branch casually dressed and they offered me x. I tried again dressed differently, and they offered me 3x. How they count bonuses seems quite arbitrary!

Comment

Ordered a Koda the weekend, I remember looking at the site back in April and saying June ? wft...should have bit the bullet, mid September now.

Doing grand on the kamado, but toys and all that !

IMG-20200623-164855.jpg

IMG-20200623-165630.jpg

IMG-20200623-165850.jpg

IMG-20200623-165916.jpg

IMG-20200623-170758.jpg
                                                  Drool...here was me thinking of asking for a recommendation for a decent packet of chicken gravy!
                                                  Last edited by dinekes; 07-07-20, 12:21. Reason: Trump Syndrome - Cant spell ot form setences anymore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      In fairness the CV isn’t a bad idea. It’s certainly more useful for making an assessment of Lloyd’s chances of repaying the mortgage, then how much he’s deposited on Stars. And in your case way more relevant when you were rolling over academic contracts or whatever was the case at the time.

Comment

On a somewhat tangential note to the mortgage chat. Is anyone thinking of making major lifestyle/living changes on the back of the WFH revolution that looks like it’s coming or just general lessons arising from the pandemic.

Personally we chose to live out in the extreme west of Kildare for the lifestyle 3 years ago (as much if not more than for the value). That decision has been brilliant for us as a family, but it’s looking even better now that it looks like I’ll be WFH ~3 days a week from whenever we start back in the office. My wife is looking like 1 day a week in the office as well.

For example Lloyd will this change your plans about where you might buy next year? Or are you too much of a Dublin lad to look anywhere else?

Anyone else watching with interest how to take advantage of the recession? I think this recession is going to be very interesting as it’s really hitting rural, younger and lower paid folk first and will create an even bigger financial divide. If it drags on for an extended period it will eventually ensnare everybody but as usual the axe does not fall evenly. Challenges and opportunities and quite a bit of disruption abound. Transport, property and lifestyles are in for massive disruption.

Comment

On the above V, re:recession, for me nothing much has changed, same for the wife, all working away as normal, but our son got his final results yesterday, has now got his degree in maths and physics, but along with every other graduate this year in the country has feck all job prospects, and it looks like there will be very few for the future.

Its either back again to education or stacking shelfs, which would be more of an inconvenience to us having to drive him tbh, country living ftw !

Driving lessons me thinks.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

On a somewhat tangential note to the mortgage chat. Is anyone thinking of making major lifestyle/living changes on the back of the WFH revolution that looks like it’s coming or just general lessons arising from the pandemic.

Personally we chose to live out in the extreme west of Kildare for the lifestyle 3 years ago (as much if not more than for the value). That decision has been brilliant for us as a family, but it’s looking even better now that it looks like I’ll be WFH ~3 days a week from whenever we start back in the office. My wife is looking like 1 day a week in the office as well.

For example Lloyd will this change your plans about where you might buy next year? Or are you too much of a Dublin lad to look anywhere else?

Anyone else watching with interest how to take advantage of the recession? I think this recession is going to be very interesting as it’s really hitting rural, younger and lower paid folk first and will create an even bigger financial divide. If it drags on for an extended period it will eventually ensnare everybody but as usual the axe does not fall evenly. Challenges and opportunities and quite a bit of disruption abound. Transport, property and lifestyles are in for massive disruption.

I had been saving for a business idea that ocurred to me last year. It is in its infancy in Irl, would be rurally based, strong market, outdoor hard work (bonus in my opinion) Was about 1/2 of the bare min when Covid hit. I may or may not have pulled the trigger on it but at least I would have a decent amount to invest in some project.

Will be keeping an eye on it over the next year.

Comment

Don’t automatically assume it would rule you out by the way, as long as the number is meaningless in an overall context then it won’t matter. You’ll always rightly be advised against having them but in practice it’s not that B&W. The only thing is if it’s a very high number do it early and show it’s not a repeat event.

Comment

I would assume foreign travel will be down given possibility of lockdowns abroad etc.
                                                                Opportunity there for hospitality industry with the right sized premises. Tented buffet style breakfasts etc. Sharing facilities to maximise returns. If I was a local rural councillor/TD I would be approaching every business in the the town to coordinate a plan for the town and pimping the living daylights out of it online.

Comment

Cos its great.
                                                                  Hey thanks for that. Was emotional to see Gordon Lightfoot so frail and aged then I remembered 'fuck' Prine actually died of covid. Kind of poignant listening to it but great all the same.

Comment

They will request 6 months statements min on all of your accounts, now including revolut and PayPal.
                                                                    Was recently enough approved for a mortgage (moving house now next month) and was never asked for PayPal. Was through UB so maybe they don't do that?? Had deposited a few small amounts onto poker sites in last while but prob would have steered clear if thought they would be looking for PayPal and the likes.

Comment

.....Anyone else watching with interest how to take advantage of the recession? I think this recession is going to be very interesting as it’s really hitting rural, younger and lower paid folk first and will create an even bigger financial divide. If it drags on for an extended period it will eventually ensnare everybody but as usual the axe does not fall evenly. Challenges and opportunities and quite a bit of disruption abound. Transport, property and lifestyles are in for massive disruption.
                                                                      Very interested in views on this as well - I've been in a few conversations where the feeling was that this recession would be more incident on urban areas than one might expect. Damage to the high street, the service industries and lack of business travel seem likely to increase the financial divide in urban as well as rural communities.

It is much harder to pick asset classes you might like coming out of this one than the last recession I think.
                                                                      • Commercial property is problematic since rents are not being paid at worst and under pressure at best - structurally behavioural/societal changes look likely to undermine this asset class.
                                                                      • Discretionary income-focused stocks seem in trouble and likely to stay that way for a while
                                                                      • It's hard to like lots of technology names at current valuations.
                                                                      • Inflation seems likely so it's hard to like cash or bonds in the long term at current valuations
                                                                      • I'm not a fan of small scale residential property ownership and that's the only scale I can afford :-(
                                                                      • It seems intuitively wrong to be thinking about investing in traditionally defensive sectors on the way out of a recession.
                                                                      • There's probably a structural rise of China fall of the USA in progress but I don't know what the best way to invest in that trend might be.
                                                                      There are much more well-versed folk than me around here though so looking forward to hearing a range of views.

Comment

Bolsonaro positive
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post

Very interested in views on this as well - I've been in a few conversations where the feeling was that this recession would be more incident on urban areas than one might expect. Damage to the high street, the service industries and lack of business travel seem likely to increase the financial divide in urban as well as rural communities.

It is much harder to pick asset classes you might like coming out of this one than the last recession I think.
                                                                          • Commercial property is problematic since rents are not being paid at worst and under pressure at best - structurally behavioural/societal changes look likely to undermine this asset class.
                                                                          • Discretionary income-focused stocks seem in trouble and likely to stay that way for a while
                                                                          • It's hard to like lots of technology names at current valuations.
                                                                          • Inflation seems likely so it's hard to like cash or bonds in the long term at current valuations
                                                                          • I'm not a fan of small scale residential property ownership and that's the only scale I can afford :-(
                                                                          • It seems intuitively wrong to be thinking about investing in traditionally defensive sectors on the way out of a recession.
                                                                          • There's probably a structural rise of China fall of the USA in progress but I don't know what the best way to invest in that trend might be.
                                                                          There are much more well-versed folk than me around here though so looking forward to hearing a range of views.
                                                                          I agree on the inflation concept but I don’t think that going to be even a 2023 issue, you’ll have plenty headroom. I like buying depressed cyclicals that should bounce back even reasonably well on a recovery, but with a focus on those with abundant liquidity to ride through an extended covid period.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                              Bolsonaro positive
                                                                              Jayz that new tracker APP is good . When did you meet him ?

Comment

This recession if it changes anything will be about the rise of cities, not the rise of rural imo. But happy cities - with more social opportunities. not cities that are essentially roads with amenities dotted around. The feeling of isolation is crap. The last thing this event has thought most people is that we want to spend more time with ourselves ["confinement was crap, what I should do is buy a hut in the woods to really let the confinement kick in"]. We actually like being part of bigger communities with loads of thriving links. The virus will go, quickly, but what will remain is that slight dread of isolation.
                                                                                Ah here Donald.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I went into one KBC branch casually dressed and they offered me x. I tried again dressed differently, and they offered me 3x. How they count bonuses seems quite arbitrary!
                                                                                      "Preposterous! That €10k was merely a bet that Barnaby couldn't pass Mary off as a lady, and that €50k was a sure thing that Montague would become a common wretch if we conspired to strip him of everything!"

download.jpeg

Comment

There was studies done of people who were teenagers in the US during the Great Depression during the 1930s. Followed them their whole life and compared to equivalents who didn't live through the depression. It affected their financial behaviour their whole life no matter how successful they grew up to be. Maybe this outbreak this year isn't substantial enough to change behaviours in the same way, but shows how important these big events can be.
                                                                                        Yeah I was gonna post about that before.

What have this generation learned? Right now it's too always BTFD. YOLO it into any crap going. There's thousands of young people in the states who were bored at home and bought TSLA calls, and who were on the other side of the market when Buffett dumped his airlines.

​They'll living in a time when the fed always has your back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          PS - i would put myself forward as a player for a syndicate for an IPB WSoP as a good candidate except...

except i know in my heart of heart who the best tournament player is here over the last 2 years by a country mile.

By mile i mean 10 miles.
                                                                                          Would this person be interested in being the horsey? I would think most good players are trying to quality or buyin themselves given the value that it should be as a tournament.

It isn't looking like there is a major interest in the idea at the moment regardless.

Thread here for anyone who wants to just register an interest. You won't be held to it, just trying to gauge if it is possible to get close to the number.

Comment

Personally we chose to live out in the extreme west of Kildare for the lifestyle
                                                                                            Pretty sure you live in Longford, at least that's what it feels like the length of time it takes to get there

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Was recently enough approved for a mortgage (moving house now next month) and was never asked for PayPal. Was through UB so maybe they don't do that?? Had deposited a few small amounts onto poker sites in last while but prob would have steered clear if thought they would be looking for PayPal and the likes.
                                                                                              Was dealing with a broker pre covid that wanted everything revolut and PayPal.
                                                                                              Dropped into local ptsb to get idea of approval in principle and he practically bit my hand off with an offer just on base figures and savings. Am holding off as wages have 15% garnish at the moment but even with that was pretty much good to go up to past what we need.
                                                                                              ​​​​

​​​
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Was walking around the corridors today. Swishing and swooshing. Showing the other patients what they could achieve if they put a bit of Irish effort in. Get back to the room and about ten minutes later feel this searing pain like a line across the back. Give the nurse a ring, in she comes and I tell her: I know this is awkward given I was just galivanting around the place but I think I'm having a heart attack.

It turns out that that was just the side effect of lying down or sitting down for five days. The back muscles had literally forgotten how to support walking. She also noted how the place where I had a pain is not where the heart is. I must have had such a shit biology teacher. Couldn't even begin to guess where things like kidneys or LIVERS are, and was surprised to learn recently that what seems like the stomach is actually the guts. Anyway, just goes to show how you can even lose the ability to fucking walk if you don't do it for a few days. Bit mad. Back pain aside, there's a echocardiogram planned for tomorrow that all going well means everything is done and dusted a mere seven days after the operation. Maybe those few years of worrying were a slight over-reaction, or perhaps thats results-based-thinking.
                                                                                                Explains the prodigous drinking.

Comment

Was walking around the corridors today.
                                                                                                  Is that your first time up and walking? Pretty sure they forced me up on the third day, though they had 2 people accompany me in case I fell over.

Comment

...

Comment

On the count of 3 breath out...
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Mixed packet gravy with chicken stock and deglazed the pan with that, added some dijon mustard ..very tasty

Going through a chicken, 2 veg and fluffy potatoes binge at the minute.

Comment

Jaysus,
                                                                                                          was there really an IPB meetup this day 8 years ago?
                                                                                                          Feels like a lifetime ago
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                            Mixed packet gravy with chicken stock and deglazed the pan with that, added some dijon mustard ..very tasty

Going through a chicken, 2 veg and fluffy potatoes binge at the minute.
                                                                                                            you may want to rethink your definition of 'binge'

Comment

nah. today was more the self-imposed 'put on normal clothes and walk around like a normie' day. Been moving a fair bit just within the room itself, although mainly yesterday when I started trying to deliberately do some non-necessary movement. All the days have kinda blurred into one, or maybe am purposefully erasing them, but might have been day three or four making a first getting up from the bed and going to the seat move, with a bit of help. Can't remember tbh. They took out those fecking pacemaker lines today - oh that felt something! Not painful so much as that the sensation shouldn't be happening inside a persons body. Remember you remarking on the same thing when it happened.
                                                                                                              I cant be the only one hoping to see a photo or 2 of the wound/scar.

If it's too early or you dont want to, that's cool obvs. I'm a weirdo that loves looking at those kinda scars.

Comment

Me thinks dobby doesn't believe you Hitch...
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I cant be the only one hoping to see a photo or 2 of the wound/scar.

If it's too early or you dont want to, that's cool obvs. I'm a weirdo that loves looking at those kinda scars.
                                                                                                                  There ye go ye weirdo. Can't get spoiler tags to work on photos here

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Hmm, certain places see more mask wearing than others. I was in Aldi in Sandyford yesterday and about 50% of shoppers were wearing a mask (myself included), skewed towards the older shoppers for sure. Zero staff were wearing masks, which surprised me somewhat, as many had been up until recently. Wife was on the Green Line Luas yesterday and said just over 50% were masked up. I'm certain that in Ireland, as anywhere else probably, socio-economic faultlines can be determined by visible uptake of mask wearing!

Going for a meal & few pints this Friday with some friends in a local gastro-pub, will be very interested to see what the scene is like. Don't plan to wear a mask in that situation!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X