This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    That's shifting the goalposts slightly don't you think?
    Surely a golf course reopening doesn't include clubhouse bar/function room
    i agree, the golf clubhouses would stay closed, only the course would reopen, but i was just passing comment on his tweet saying irish courses don't have discos.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      he's wrong though, almost every single golf course (irish and elsewhere) has a functions room available for rent for parties/weddings/bar mitzvahs...
      Ah yeah, true, it was more him pointing out the ridiculousness of your man's tweet. Oul lads rubbing up against each other to Sweet Caroline after a round of golf.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Ah yeah, true, it was more him pointing out the ridiculousness of your man's tweet. Oul lads rubbing up against each other to Sweet Caroline after a round of golf.
        Now there's an image you can't unmake.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Now there's an image you can't unmake.
          There are lads out there (nicnicnic) that if you told them they had to do that for a game they would snap your hand off.... Golf it is one hella of drug!!

Comment

@Zuut, I'm gonna bake 2 or 3 rolls today. I assume I only roll and proof those, and not the lot. That right?

Just roll and proof what I'm baking and leave the rest of dough in the fridge?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@Zuut, I'm gonna bake 2 or 3 rolls today. I assume I only roll and proof those, and not the lot. That right?

Just roll and proof what I'm baking and leave the rest of dough in the fridge?
                Correct!

Comment

Mile long tailbacks in England to get shit overpriced coffee in Costa Drive Thru , they are beyond help

Comment

Awful lot of guff about the better world awaiting us on the other side of this lockdown, mostly written by immensely privileged people who are even enjoying the lockdown.
                    Not gonna happen, wait for the money taps to get tightened and people to realise normality isn’t coming back

Also fuck the VFI and their disingenuous whinging

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-05-20, 13:22.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                        Some of the free advertising companies are getting on the likes of CNN is pretty disgusting.
                        Free donuts and pizza for healthcare workers. Might as well throw in a carton of Marlboro and a few bottles of Jameson while their at it.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          I'll be brutally honest and admit it's not the first time someone has said that to me.

Hey - on the asparagus. Got a nice mustardy vinaigrette as you recommended. A silly question: I guess I need to let the asparagus go cold before having it with a vinaigrette?
                          i like then when still a little warm, but anywhere from luke warm to room temp is fine and really down to personal preference.

Comment

Comment

It also doesn’t play nice with his stock market bragging as it’ll undoubtedly mean some sort of sanctions or trade war if he’s to give the whole hog.

I guess he could paint them as the bad guys and do nothing about it too and they idiots who support him would still support him though. Who knows.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Cheeky monkey!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Seems the emerging reality is that Trump is going to fight for reelection based on China being the new Mexico, but eviler. In fairness its not the worst strategy in terms of odds of success as Americans seem to love their racism. Although I'd imagine there is a weariness, especially as its the exact same playbook as the last time. Be interesting to see how the polls hold up - currently have Biden ahead in all the critical states, but I'd imagine that's very very tentative and highly dependent on the quality of the VP pick.
                                  Have you watched the American Factory documentary? fascinating stuff when a Chinese company decides to buy an old GM factory and reopen and modernise it to create glass for the automotive sector. well worth a watch.

Comment

Went to the local park in Fairview to get a bit of fresh air and coffee. Was shocked to see small groups playing football. Police van was in the park also but they didn't do anything which I was surprised by.
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                      I think you mean poor monkey.
                                      He's on a long leash being tossed up the alley. He wasn't trying to kidnap the child, he was holding on, prob trying to get away, as they were both dragged along the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                        Went to the local park in Fairview to get a bit of fresh air and coffee. Was shocked to see small groups playing football. Police van was in the park also but they didn't do anything which I was surprised by.
                                        Same up here with people out sunbathing, kicking football etc. While it might not be too much of an issue now, how is it expected people respect the different restrictions as we phase out if guards standing by and letting them bend them during the strictest phase.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          Same up here with people out sunbathing, kicking football etc. While it might not be too much of an issue now, how is it expected people respect the different restrictions as we phase out if guards standing by and letting them bend them during the strictest phase.
                                          No issue with sunbathing surely as stationary and easy to maintain social distance. Football is the bigger issue due to contact nature of it.
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

No issue with sunbathing surely as stationary and easy to maintain social distance. Football is the bigger issue due to contact nature of it.
                                            Phoenix Park fucking rammed today.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nor do I, but let it be officially allowed if the guards are allowing it. Leo says one thing and guards do another isn't showing people that we will take the restrictions seriously
                                              airport, lol

Comment

immensely privileged people who are even enjoying the lockdown.
                                                I'm having a fucking amazing day, one of the best.

Loving lockdown

Comment

Normally spend 7 hours with my kids from Mon to Fri.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    I think you mean poor monkey.
                                                    He's on a long leash being tossed up the alley. He wasn't trying to kidnap the child, he was holding on, prob trying to get away, as they were both dragged along the ground.
                                                    And there I was, thinking he was living his best life.

Comment

Anyone think of doing a few jobs during the lockdown, (i was flooring attic)do not hesitate to get those wireless 18 volt, very expensive tools. I got a milwaukee drill and driver set and a battery jigsaw that are all way more powerful than any plug in ones i ever had. Its like a different sport , best 500-600 you'll spend.
                                                      sigpic
                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Comment

Just bust the Sunday Milly in 150th. QQ < AK AIPF, turn K for a top 5 stack after 10 hours. Hurt a little

Comment

Comment

The bread looked great...

[IMG][/IMG]

Something went wrong though somewhere along the line. I took the dough out today after about 20 hours in the fridge and it wasn't as risen as his. They were quite thin going in and not as springy as they should have been. Spent a good 12 mins kneading them yesterday and got that window pane effect so I don't know. Nice crust, and it was ok for dipping in oil but nowhere near where it should be.

Quite dense..

[IMG][/IMG]

Pity though, as the barbecue chicken they were to go with was deadly..

SPOILER
                                                              [IMG][/IMG]

I have half the dough left, is there any way to salvage it somehow?

Comment

Very penile food pics today.

Not suggesting any psychological connotations whatsoever.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Very penile food pics today.

Not suggesting any psychological connotations whatsoever.
                                                                  May I suggest it was your good self what saw the penii.

Comment

Hmm that's a pity. Did you pour boiling water into your oven?

Comment

The bread looked great...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        Hmm that's a pity. Did you pour boiling water into your oven?
                                                                        Yep.

I'll have a look back over the video tomorrow and see if I can spot where I went wrong, but I kinda knew when I took it out of the fridge today that it wasn't right. Wasn't much bigger than when I put it in.

I'll have another crack at it.

Comment

Very odd then. Enough yeast in it?

Comment

Never thought I'd say this about a vegetable, but these were unbelievably good. Do you get them in Ireland - they look like below?

Simple to cook. Chop off the bottom bits, use a peeler to get rid of the bottom outer layer. Boil salted water then turn off the heat and add the asparagus to float there for 20 minutes. Add mustard vinagrette to serve and enjoy.

However good they are they won't beat these picked from the garden and straight into the pan with an egg laid by the next door neighbours hens

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              Very odd then. Enough yeast in it?
                                                                              Yeah, I measured everything out precisely. Paused the video at each step etc.

Dunno. I'll check over it again.

Comment

You've just made me think of checking something, and I think I've figured out what went wrong. Gimme a min or two...

Comment

[IMG]
                                                                                  photo to english[/IMG]

Comment

3 days.

Comment

They dead.

Comment

The chicken looks well in fairness

Comment

I hope everyone involved with the homescapes ads on YouTube dies the most painful death possible
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 04-05-20, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                            Cocaines a hell of a drug

Got this gem suggested to me after watching it (after yet another homescapes ad)
                                                                                            Imagine being the parents of whoever was responsible for this

Comment

Think I might get a print of this, it’s amazing

Comment

Sickener.

Comment

Saw a few posts revelling in some twitter Oliver call an takedown from a few on here recently but only stories I could find re call an were about a backlash over him calling Varadkar a robot (which is pretty accurate right?)
                                                                                                  Is that it???

Comment

OK on reflection Tony is the GOAT

Comment

Saw a few posts revelling in some twitter Oliver call an takedown from a few on here recently but only stories I could find re call an were about a backlash over him calling Varadkar a robot (which is pretty accurate right?)
                                                                                                      Is that it???
                                                                                                      I've no great affinity for Leo but Callan's shit takes on politics are only matched by how shit a comedian he is. A gowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        I've no great affinity for Leo but Callan's shit takes on politics are only matched by how shit a comedian he is. A gowl.
                                                                                                        He’s always been shit though, doesn’t explain the recent uptick in hate here.
                                                                                                        Leo gets way too much praise on here for just not shitting the bed , which goes a long way these days I guess

Comment

Leo gets way too much praise on here for just not shitting the bed , which goes a long way these days I guess
                                                                                                          I'm no gealer, but compared to the other fuckwits that we have the pleasure of viewing daily on our teleboxes, he's a fucking savant.

BTW Oliver Callan is a tool

Comment

I may have missed the uptick in hate for Callan tbf, but from my personal POV he's someone I've been generally ignoring for years but found myself feeling a renewed level of contempt for this week as his shitness on multiple fronts was unavoidable.

Comment

Awful lot of guff about the better world awaiting us on the other side of this lockdown, mostly written by immensely privileged people who are even enjoying the lockdown.
                                                                                                              Not gonna happen, wait for the money taps to get tightened and people to realise normality isn’t coming back

Personally I am enjoying the lockdown only bother is not being able to go somewhere when i want to, but chilling in the house is nice and I have plenty (college course etc) to keep me going and my mind off it, but I do understand I have it a lot better than most people, herself is still working, I have work to go back to, we had savings etc so money at the moment is not a massive thing

I have stopped watching News etc, I just get the numbers and might read a few tweets about it but trying not to let it get that far into my head and if you are reading about this all the time it would reck your head!

Four years now teaching at Sm*rfit. I'm one of maybe 40 faculty that teach during the summer, so its not a unique event. Each year their IT dept acts absolutely shocked that a staff member might need to be able to log in to their system. Cue 20 emails back and forth while they liaise with HR trying to figure out what to do. I suppose its one way to keep busy, but you'd wonder if there's not a slightly smarter approach they could adopt.

Reminds me of the place I actually worked in Dublin. Never seen anything quite like it. Two random examples from millions where you'd wonder how the organisation manages to turn the lights on each day.

They could never enroll PhD students as the system couldn't handle that a student might not be taking any courses. So they'd hard-coded into the system that a student couldn't be enrolled without being registered for classes.

Another time the entire university funding system ground to a halt as the one person in the payments office (maybe 50 people working there) that could handle approving faculty reimbursements was off sick for two months and they'd never thought to train someone else.
                                                                                                              Hitch, This is everywhere I think Ireland is prob the worst place every, did you ever hear of the saying people rise to there level of incompetence, this is Ireland for sure, so people play these email back and fourths and then you ask them for something and they are too busy

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              Well this needs to be cancelled like ASAP - I dont want those people coming into our country!! - Ugh.. the only thing worse than golfers is people who would travel to watch golf, they are not right I tell you!!

Went back and looked to see what the all the fuse was about, this Callum guy is going in real hard on Leo... like very thin line between social commentary and just being a f*ckin dick

I can't understand anyone defending politicians, but I also find putting your weight behind 1 party a bit mad as well , but to be fair I think the government have being doing a good job of listening to the best advice they have!!
                                                                                                              Last edited by pgodkin; 04-05-20, 22:35.

Comment

I think Leo and Harris played a blinder for the first few weeks of this but they started to wreck my head in the last 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  I know a few in here have mentioned it, but I would also like to endorse Gangs Of London as a hell of a show. The entire series feels like a great set up for several more.
                                                                                                                  Can confirm.

me and the wife are really enjoying it.

Comment

Prob seen it but True Detective Season 1 my absolute fav series of TV ever. Incredible.

I lived Mindhunter and search for unibomber also.

Comment

any other recs out there? Am through Tiger King, Ozark Se.03, McMafia & Gangs Of London. What should be next?
                                                                                                                      I'm surprisingly enjoying the Jordan docs on Netflix. Not a basketball fan by any stretch and knew little of the man and the team before watching but its fantastic TV. Even my sport hating missus is enjoying it.

Comment

any other recs out there? Am through Tiger King, Ozark Se.03, McMafia & Gangs Of London. What should be next?
                                                                                                                        McMillions
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Killing Eve doesn’t get enough mention imo, s3 currently running. All available on bbc Iplayer

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X