That's shifting the goalposts slightly don't you think?
    Surely a golf course reopening doesn't include clubhouse bar/function room
    i agree, the golf clubhouses would stay closed, only the course would reopen, but i was just passing comment on his tweet saying irish courses don't have discos.

he's wrong though, almost every single golf course (irish and elsewhere) has a functions room available for rent for parties/weddings/bar mitzvahs...
      Ah yeah, true, it was more him pointing out the ridiculousness of your man's tweet. Oul lads rubbing up against each other to Sweet Caroline after a round of golf.

Now there's an image you can't unmake.

There are lads out there (nicnicnic) that if you told them they had to do that for a game they would snap your hand off.... Golf it is one hella of drug!!

@Zuut, I'm gonna bake 2 or 3 rolls today. I assume I only roll and proof those, and not the lot. That right?

Just roll and proof what I'm baking and leave the rest of dough in the fridge?

@Zuut, I'm gonna bake 2 or 3 rolls today. I assume I only roll and proof those, and not the lot. That right?

Just roll and proof what I'm baking and leave the rest of dough in the fridge?
                Correct!

Mile long tailbacks in England to get shit overpriced coffee in Costa Drive Thru , they are beyond help

Awful lot of guff about the better world awaiting us on the other side of this lockdown, mostly written by immensely privileged people who are even enjoying the lockdown.
                    Not gonna happen, wait for the money taps to get tightened and people to realise normality isn’t coming back

Also fuck the VFI and their disingenuous whinging

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-05-20, 13:22.

Some of the free advertising companies are getting on the likes of CNN is pretty disgusting.
                        Free donuts and pizza for healthcare workers. Might as well throw in a carton of Marlboro and a few bottles of Jameson while their at it.

I'll be brutally honest and admit it's not the first time someone has said that to me.

Hey - on the asparagus. Got a nice mustardy vinaigrette as you recommended. A silly question: I guess I need to let the asparagus go cold before having it with a vinaigrette?
                          i like then when still a little warm, but anywhere from luke warm to room temp is fine and really down to personal preference.

It also doesn’t play nice with his stock market bragging as it’ll undoubtedly mean some sort of sanctions or trade war if he’s to give the whole hog.

I guess he could paint them as the bad guys and do nothing about it too and they idiots who support him would still support him though. Who knows.

Cheeky monkey!

Seems the emerging reality is that Trump is going to fight for reelection based on China being the new Mexico, but eviler. In fairness its not the worst strategy in terms of odds of success as Americans seem to love their racism. Although I'd imagine there is a weariness, especially as its the exact same playbook as the last time. Be interesting to see how the polls hold up - currently have Biden ahead in all the critical states, but I'd imagine that's very very tentative and highly dependent on the quality of the VP pick.
                                  Have you watched the American Factory documentary? fascinating stuff when a Chinese company decides to buy an old GM factory and reopen and modernise it to create glass for the automotive sector. well worth a watch.

Went to the local park in Fairview to get a bit of fresh air and coffee. Was shocked to see small groups playing football. Police van was in the park also but they didn't do anything which I was surprised by.

I think you mean poor monkey.
                                      He's on a long leash being tossed up the alley. He wasn't trying to kidnap the child, he was holding on, prob trying to get away, as they were both dragged along the ground.

Went to the local park in Fairview to get a bit of fresh air and coffee. Was shocked to see small groups playing football. Police van was in the park also but they didn't do anything which I was surprised by.
                                        Same up here with people out sunbathing, kicking football etc. While it might not be too much of an issue now, how is it expected people respect the different restrictions as we phase out if guards standing by and letting them bend them during the strictest phase.

No issue with sunbathing surely as stationary and easy to maintain social distance. Football is the bigger issue due to contact nature of it.

Phoenix Park fucking rammed today.

Nor do I, but let it be officially allowed if the guards are allowing it. Leo says one thing and guards do another isn't showing people that we will take the restrictions seriously

immensely privileged people who are even enjoying the lockdown.
                                                I'm having a fucking amazing day, one of the best.

Loving lockdown

Normally spend 7 hours with my kids from Mon to Fri.

I think you mean poor monkey.
                                                    He's on a long leash being tossed up the alley. He wasn't trying to kidnap the child, he was holding on, prob trying to get away, as they were both dragged along the ground.
                                                    And there I was, thinking he was living his best life.

Anyone think of doing a few jobs during the lockdown, (i was flooring attic)do not hesitate to get those wireless 18 volt, very expensive tools. I got a milwaukee drill and driver set and a battery jigsaw that are all way more powerful than any plug in ones i ever had. Its like a different sport , best 500-600 you'll spend.
                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Just bust the Sunday Milly in 150th. QQ < AK AIPF, turn K for a top 5 stack after 10 hours. Hurt a little

The bread looked great...

Something went wrong though somewhere along the line. I took the dough out today after about 20 hours in the fridge and it wasn't as risen as his. They were quite thin going in and not as springy as they should have been. Spent a good 12 mins kneading them yesterday and got that window pane effect so I don't know. Nice crust, and it was ok for dipping in oil but nowhere near where it should be.

Quite dense..

Pity though, as the barbecue chicken they were to go with was deadly..

I have half the dough left, is there any way to salvage it somehow?

Very penile food pics today.

Not suggesting any psychological connotations whatsoever.

Very penile food pics today.

Not suggesting any psychological connotations whatsoever.
                                                                  May I suggest it was your good self what saw the penii.

Hmm that's a pity. Did you pour boiling water into your oven?

The bread looked great...

Hmm that's a pity. Did you pour boiling water into your oven?
                                                                        Yep.

I'll have a look back over the video tomorrow and see if I can spot where I went wrong, but I kinda knew when I took it out of the fridge today that it wasn't right. Wasn't much bigger than when I put it in.

I'll have another crack at it.

Very odd then. Enough yeast in it?

Never thought I'd say this about a vegetable, but these were unbelievably good. Do you get them in Ireland - they look like below?

Simple to cook. Chop off the bottom bits, use a peeler to get rid of the bottom outer layer. Boil salted water then turn off the heat and add the asparagus to float there for 20 minutes. Add mustard vinagrette to serve and enjoy.

However good they are they won't beat these picked from the garden and straight into the pan with an egg laid by the next door neighbours hens

Very odd then. Enough yeast in it?
                                                                              Yeah, I measured everything out precisely. Paused the video at each step etc.

Dunno. I'll check over it again.

You've just made me think of checking something, and I think I've figured out what went wrong. Gimme a min or two...

[IMG]
                                                                                  photo to english[/IMG]

3 days.

They dead.

The chicken looks well in fairness

I hope everyone involved with the homescapes ads on YouTube dies the most painful death possible
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 04-05-20, 20:50.

Cocaines a hell of a drug

Got this gem suggested to me after watching it (after yet another homescapes ad)
                                                                                            Imagine being the parents of whoever was responsible for this

Think I might get a print of this, it’s amazing

Sickener.

Saw a few posts revelling in some twitter Oliver call an takedown from a few on here recently but only stories I could find re call an were about a backlash over him calling Varadkar a robot (which is pretty accurate right?)
                                                                                                  Is that it???

OK on reflection Tony is the GOAT

Saw a few posts revelling in some twitter Oliver call an takedown from a few on here recently but only stories I could find re call an were about a backlash over him calling Varadkar a robot (which is pretty accurate right?)
                                                                                                      Is that it???
                                                                                                      I've no great affinity for Leo but Callan's shit takes on politics are only matched by how shit a comedian he is. A gowl.

He’s always been shit though, doesn’t explain the recent uptick in hate here.
                                                                                                        Leo gets way too much praise on here for just not shitting the bed , which goes a long way these days I guess

I'm no gealer, but compared to the other fuckwits that we have the pleasure of viewing daily on our teleboxes, he's a fucking savant.

BTW Oliver Callan is a tool

I may have missed the uptick in hate for Callan tbf, but from my personal POV he's someone I've been generally ignoring for years but found myself feeling a renewed level of contempt for this week as his shitness on multiple fronts was unavoidable.

Awful lot of guff about the better world awaiting us on the other side of this lockdown, mostly written by immensely privileged people who are even enjoying the lockdown.
                                                                                                              Not gonna happen, wait for the money taps to get tightened and people to realise normality isn’t coming back

Personally I am enjoying the lockdown only bother is not being able to go somewhere when i want to, but chilling in the house is nice and I have plenty (college course etc) to keep me going and my mind off it, but I do understand I have it a lot better than most people, herself is still working, I have work to go back to, we had savings etc so money at the moment is not a massive thing

I have stopped watching News etc, I just get the numbers and might read a few tweets about it but trying not to let it get that far into my head and if you are reading about this all the time it would reck your head!

Four years now teaching at Sm*rfit. I'm one of maybe 40 faculty that teach during the summer, so its not a unique event. Each year their IT dept acts absolutely shocked that a staff member might need to be able to log in to their system. Cue 20 emails back and forth while they liaise with HR trying to figure out what to do. I suppose its one way to keep busy, but you'd wonder if there's not a slightly smarter approach they could adopt.

Reminds me of the place I actually worked in Dublin. Never seen anything quite like it. Two random examples from millions where you'd wonder how the organisation manages to turn the lights on each day.

They could never enroll PhD students as the system couldn't handle that a student might not be taking any courses. So they'd hard-coded into the system that a student couldn't be enrolled without being registered for classes.

Another time the entire university funding system ground to a halt as the one person in the payments office (maybe 50 people working there) that could handle approving faculty reimbursements was off sick for two months and they'd never thought to train someone else.
                                                                                                              Hitch, This is everywhere I think Ireland is prob the worst place every, did you ever hear of the saying people rise to there level of incompetence, this is Ireland for sure, so people play these email back and fourths and then you ask them for something and they are too busy

Well this needs to be cancelled like ASAP - I dont want those people coming into our country!! - Ugh.. the only thing worse than golfers is people who would travel to watch golf, they are not right I tell you!!

Went back and looked to see what the all the fuse was about, this Callum guy is going in real hard on Leo... like very thin line between social commentary and just being a f*ckin dick

I can't understand anyone defending politicians, but I also find putting your weight behind 1 party a bit mad as well , but to be fair I think the government have being doing a good job of listening to the best advice they have!!
                                                                                                              Last edited by pgodkin; 04-05-20, 22:35.

I think Leo and Harris played a blinder for the first few weeks of this but they started to wreck my head in the last 10 days.

I know a few in here have mentioned it, but I would also like to endorse Gangs Of London as a hell of a show. The entire series feels like a great set up for several more.
                                                                                                                  Can confirm.

me and the wife are really enjoying it.

Prob seen it but True Detective Season 1 my absolute fav series of TV ever. Incredible.

I lived Mindhunter and search for unibomber also.

any other recs out there? Am through Tiger King, Ozark Se.03, McMafia & Gangs Of London. What should be next?
                                                                                                                      I'm surprisingly enjoying the Jordan docs on Netflix. Not a basketball fan by any stretch and knew little of the man and the team before watching but its fantastic TV. Even my sport hating missus is enjoying it.

any other recs out there? Am through Tiger King, Ozark Se.03, McMafia & Gangs Of London. What should be next?
                                                                                                                        McMillions

Killing Eve doesn’t get enough mention imo, s3 currently running. All available on bbc Iplayer