Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly posted already but GTA V is free from epic games for the pc and Mac until the 21st

Comment

Trump now saying he's taking hydroxychloroquine

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 18-05-20, 20:54.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
        Trump now saying he's taking hydroxychloroquine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eOkrB7s8Ek

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
          At least he's walking the walk on this lunacy.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            At least he's walking the walk on this lunacy.
            Well you can't exactly believe everything he says

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              Arrah there’s plenty of stuff still there:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2055593020
              If you had actually resigned like you said you were going to, this place might not exist in the first place and your subsequent actions in soccer wouldn't have mattered!

Comment

Just finished the Last Stand now. Just incredible, I'm a huge MJ fan for a long time now. Imo he is the GOAT sportsman
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Discussion of that Regency film and Kinahan's boxing promotions was top item on the Claire Byrne show. Video will get 3x views now.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                    I really enjoyed The Last Stand. (Basketball documentary not boards.ie drama) Jackson is some man . Hero imo.

Tis finished now any similar recommendations?
                    Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                    Just finished the Last Stand now. Just incredible, I'm a huge MJ fan for a long time now. Imo he is the GOAT sportsman
                    It's called The Last Dance, just so you know...
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        Lol, how did it do that?

Just on the bball I have a story.
                        In the mid nineties when I moved to Boston I worked a second job to build up some cash for a couple of years. It was a security job in a posh mall called Copley place. It was an evening job as I also had a day job.
                        This job was perfect as I spent five of seven hours sitting down at a desk like customer service for the most part. The other two hours were spent walking through the mall.
                        One night I'm on the second floor and there's a bunch of guys, mainly black, walking around and one of them was talking loudly using vulgar language which was considered unacceptable in the mall. I observed for about five minutes and then decided I better say something so I went over and asked him very politely to speak quietly if he wished to use that language. He apologised and thanked me for the discreet advice which was nice of him.
                        One of my colleagues approached me quickly and asked me what had happened and I told him. He goes telling everybody that I'd just told John Starks to stfu. It was John Starks who played for the New York Knicks.
                        A couple of days later I'm working again and I'm introduced by one of my colleagues to Dana Barros of the Boston Celtics and he shakes my hand and tells me well done on telling Starks to stfu and hands me tickets for a Celtics game. Awesome seats and got to see Larry Bird as he was coaching the Indiana Pacers. He came out to the court and got a standing ovation from the crowd. A couple of weeks later I'm working again and get a call on the walkie talkie to go to Chilli's restaurant and when I get there a guy called Rick Fox, another Celtics player, is there to meet me and congratulate me and hand me more awesome tickets to a Bulls game which I'll never forget, got to see Jordan up close. I never denied that I said stfu to Starks obviously.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

My Sister's partner is severely afflicted with MS living in a sheltered care setting and they have obviously being extremely vulnerable has been trying very hard to avoid picking up the virus. Early enough but into April there were PPE shortages and frustratingly a couple of carers were refusing to use masks and being supported by their union in their refusal to accede to his request that they wear them.
                          Hopefully that row is incidental to him being told yesterday that one of his contacts has tested positive and he was told this evening that it was a close contact. We're hoping that he'll be tested tomorrow, I can't understand why it wasn't done by now... not that testing is going to be any help if he's picked it up.
                          One Time.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              I'm just flabbergasted at the union stance there. One Time indeed.
                              In fairness I should have added that that was resolved after a few days. I genuinely hope it isn't one of those people who has tested positive just to avoid any recriminations.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                If you had actually resigned like you said you were going to, this place might not exist in the first place and your subsequent actions in soccer wouldn't have mattered!
                                Well ye all resigned too don’t forget, and a proper dialogue started behind closed doors off the back of that. I went on the piss for a day during the most acute point of the “negotiations” in the poker mod forum and when I came back you lads had hammered out the bones of a compromise. Me not being there saying mean things to the Admins definitely helped!

I don’t have access to a lot of that stuff anymore but I remember that Tom genuinely wanted to be reasonable. Our cards were marked from that point on though tbh from everyone else who wasn’t him. If I wasn’t modding soccer we’d have stumbled on a while longer but something inevitably would have happened to push you lads to moving. We weren’t imagining that and we have our bits and pieces to support that belief.

It’s easy to say now that it doesn’t matter but I was so annoyed at the time. Years later we were still dealing with nonsense fallout over it:

Hi, On Friday I received a warning from Sparks for the reason of 'ignoring a moderator instruction'.

All over a decade ago. Setting this place up was the correct decision and delivered immense value over and above what staying across there would have provided. It’s quiet now but we had a half decade that was incredibly vibrant on our own terms. It was successful and worthwhile. Forums of this nature are a dieing medium but we’ll always have and be able to maintain this (particularly with you putting in hard work to maintain and upgrade it), whereas I can see the lights being turned out on boards.ie eventually and all of the history gone with it.

They’ve made so many mistakes over the years. Of course, some people would have stopped tuning in anyway but jaysus did they trip over themselves giving out excuses to abandon ship. Not that it would have been easy to successfully chart a course that balanced the shift in people’s use of (and expectations from) the Internet with business concerns. But they seem to have failed so completely it’s hard to fathom sometimes.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What did your man sparks say about ye?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    Well ye all resigned too don’t forget, and a proper dialogue started behind closed doors off the back of that. I went on the piss for a day during the most acute point of the “negotiations” in the poker mod forum and when I came back you lads had hammered out the bones of a compromise. Me not being there saying mean things to the Admins definitely helped!

I don’t have access to a lot of that stuff anymore but I remember that Tom genuinely wanted to be reasonable. Our cards were marked from that point on though tbh from everyone else who wasn’t him. If I wasn’t modding soccer we’d have stumbled on a while longer but something inevitably would have happened to push you lads to moving. We weren’t imagining that and we have our bits and pieces to support that belief.

It’s easy to say now that it doesn’t matter but I was so annoyed at the time. Years later we were still dealing with nonsense fallout over it:

Hi, On Friday I received a warning from Sparks for the reason of 'ignoring a moderator instruction'.

All over a decade ago. Setting this place up was the correct decision and delivered immense value over and above what staying across there would have provided. It’s quiet now but we had a half decade that was incredibly vibrant on our own terms. It was successful and worthwhile. Forums of this nature are a dieing medium but we’ll always have and be able to maintain this (particularly with you putting in hard work to maintain and upgrade it), whereas I can see the lights being turned out on boards.ie eventually and all of the history gone with it.

They’ve made so many mistakes over the years. Of course, some people would have stopped tuning in anyway but jaysus did they trip over themselves giving out excuses to abandon ship. Not that it would have been easy to successfully chart a course that balanced the shift in people’s use of (and expectations from) the Internet with business concerns. But they seem to have failed so completely it’s hard to fathom sometimes.
                                    Ah I know, I was only messing. We were never able to adhere to their rules once boards got too big and sterile for their own use, which partly contributed to you not being able or willing to mod the soccer forum like you wanted to.

That sparks twat gave me a card too while having a potshot at usu, but an Admin reversed my card and told him to stop being a twat. I can't find that thread though, maybe on a hidden forum now or something.

Comment

Comment

They were such a weird and petty bunch. They gave a real sense of preferring a stranglehold on a small fiefdom rather than have a successful site with semi-autonomous forums.

Was it rigger or HJ that sparked things off in the mustard forum? Seems so comical how seriously and bizarrely they took things.

Comment

Ah boards. Wrecking the heads of that soccer forum clique back in the day was a great little passtime. What an absolute bunch of clowns. Me included obv.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            Lol. That boards thing got me confused.

Comment

Men, Gather round and pay close attention. We are in severe danger.
                                              We are now allowed out to play golf, great news BUT
                                              on the basis that all clubhouses are closed
                                              It is imperative that you do not go straight home after your round! You MUST sit in your car for at least two hours afterwards! If we let them work out that it only takes three and a half hours we are screwed forever more! Remember that it is an absolute fact that any round of golf takes at least six hours and don’t let the side down. Take a few beers with you when you go, then when you drive back home, park up out of sight of the house and have a beer, take a nap, check your mail on your phone, have another beer and another nap AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES RETURN HOME IN LESS THAN SIX HOURS! You owe it to your fellow men, don’t let the side down, we are in this together.
                                              Preserve your man time, stay sane, drink beer, save your marriage ! We owe it to our loved ones

Comment

Any errors (I'm sure there are loads, I'm getting some myself) post them here please.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...e-upgrade-work

Comment

One thing to note, previous thanks were a specific 'hack' on the old version. They don't transfer here unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Been watching this a bit after your post - it's very good! Chris O'Dowd is quite the talent.
                                                    Season 2 is excellent.

Comment

Is it changed, I can barely see a difference.

Comment

I would like to el tren AJ's post. Consider it el trenned.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          I would like to el tren AJ's post. Consider it el trenned.
                                                          There is a 'like' button. That's one of the bits I'll see can I change to a more visible thanks button.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                  There is a 'like' button. That's one of the bits I'll see can I change to a more visible thanks button.
                                                                  Can't see a like button, am on desktop version. I'll switch back to mobile and see

Comment

Sorry, I see you asked for queries etc to be posted in the other thread. Did so.

Comment

Comment

Yikes

Comment

Oh I'm gonna have so much fun with this
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

wow this is ugleeeee
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Looking good IPB .

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                wow this is ugleeeee
                                                                                Very harsh on Satnav.

Comment

Be Grand

Comment

Do Tweets work?

https://twitter.com/mcafee77/status/...918457857?s=20

[TWEET]1262083029918457857[\TWEET]

Nope

Comment

My eyes, oh god my eyes!

Comment

On mobile if you go to the 3 dots menu, and choose use desktop site it's not tooooooo bad.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                          My eyes, oh god my eyes!
                                                                                          old school is a little easier on the eyes style wise.
                                                                                          Like button is visible for me too, seems to work. People's thanked numbers are probably gone for the moment.
                                                                                          Other youtube/twitter addons will come in time.
                                                                                          Avatars too, they are still visible under profile so likely just a lever needs to be pulled somewhere.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It'll take a bit of getting used to but what harm. We've nothing to be doing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Do Tweets work?

https://twitter.com/mcafee77/status/...918457857?s=20

[TWEET]1262083029918457857[\TWEET]

Nope
                                                                                              It does work, you just need to use the / instead of \ in the tweet quotes with the tweet number.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

old school is a little easier on the eyes style wise.
                                                                                                Like button is visible for me too, seems to work. People's thanked numbers are probably gone for the moment.
                                                                                                Other youtube/twitter addons will come in time.
                                                                                                Avatars too, they are still visible under profile so likely just a lever needs to be pulled somewhere.
                                                                                                Old school?

Comment

it's like 1998 wants its forum back but sure the high quality content will make up for it...

Made the Eamokoftas last night, would recommend. Also made baba ganoush and it was well received. Amazing how small three aubergines blend down.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    it's like 1998 wants its forum back but sure the high quality content will make up for it...

Made the Eamokoftas last night, would recommend. Also made baba ganoush and it was well received. Amazing how small three aubergines blend down.
                                                                                                    White space is the new modern look. It's rubbish, but sadly used a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                      On mobile if you go to the 3 dots menu, and choose use desktop site it's not tooooooo bad.
                                                                                                      Thanks:tren2:
                                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

2020 is shaping up to be some bag of shite

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F695ce716-9a6a-11ea-aaba-2417e5fa83dd.jpg?crop=1600%2C2000%2C700%2C0&resize=498.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                          Yeah, that is slightly better. The mobile version is horrible.
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Old school?
                                                                                                            Styles, bottom left
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Styles, bottom left
                                                                                                              I don't see that. Also don't have a 'like' feature.

Comment

Yeah I'm missing the styles and like button too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  Currently into the 5th hour of Beaumont A&E.

Got a call from Dad this morning to say he was in a bad way and needed an ambulance. He'd lost all power in both his legs and couldn't move or walk.

Called the ambulance and went straight to him. Emergency services told me they had no ambulances at the minute and to call them when I got there. I arrived within 10 minutes and he had managed to get to his feet but still wanted to go to to hospital, something he normally never wants to do.

Called 999 again and was told still no ambulances available and they weren't sure when they'd have one so I managed to get him in the car and took him in myself.

Place was busy when we got here and it is just getting busier and busier. People are now ignoring the 'Do Not Sit on this Seat' signs as the place is almost jam packed.

This place really is grim as fuck.

Thankfully, they released him Monday evening and didn't keep him in as he really didn't want to stay in the hospital.

He has a build up of fluid in his lower legs, ankles and feet plus fluid on one knee, most likely caused by arterial issues as his heart isn't pumping out enough. His ECG showed up similar to his last one in Jan so no major decline so they are hoping this is a bit of a blip - Additional meds given to try clear out the fluid.

While he was there, he saw 4 nurses between triage, bloods, x-ray and physio and each of them were superb, they really were brilliant. The doctor wasn't quite as great. After he was discharged, I had got his new meds and got him home, he rand to say that the final analysis of the knee x-ray was now done and they have seen there is an issue and he needs more meds, could I come back to collect another prescription - How he released him without doing the final analysis, I don't know?

Anyway, he's back home and I moved his bedroom downstairs temporarily which should help him. The new meds are only for a week so hopefully they work and he improves a lot in that time.

Comment

This is a very strange “upgrade”

Comment

Delighted to hear your good news Lao Lao.

I'd give it a thumbs up if I could.

Comment

47560ddc868e5341108b1834a8cf3890--little-britain-funny-people.jpg
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

But I am sure I will over time, a very long time. Thanks Dom and team for getting us back. Its appreciated.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X