• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Has she got a coach?
    Yes. Lessons are a bit sporadic.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Watching Frasier reruns on C4. Really was a great sitcom.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Yes. Lessons are a bit sporadic.
        This is your opportunity. Be the next Eldrick Woods or Richard Williams.

Or Stefano Capriati, or Jim Pierce.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Certainly in the same category at least. Ceased being funny (whatever level that was) a long time ago.
          His gift grub back catalogue is legendary. The Keano Bertie stuff was excellent . The creative energy needed to do that daily is admirable. I never turn off gift grub. I doubt many do.

Plenty ahead of him in the firing range.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

This is your opportunity. Be the next Eldrick Woods or Richard Williams.

Or Stefano Capriati, or Jim Pierce.
            Or Murray Wilson the violent father of the Beach Boys

Comment

Maybe the takeaway from the sentences handed down yesterday should be how short sentences for hired murderers are here now.

Any scummer being paid a few grand to torture someone would surely rather kill them for the lighter sentence, what sort of a society would it be where it's more expensive to have someone tortured than killed.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I was asked a good question earlier: What's the biggest country that you know nothing about?

After due reflection, I thought my answer was probably 'Indonesia'. With Brazil up there too. And, surprisingly (given it is in the same cultural sphere as ourselves), Canada would get a run too.

In Europe, probably Bulgaria or Romania.

Comment

Get the sense Rosenstock would be a nasty enough fucker behind it all.
                  one thing you do notice is nobody ever takes the pied out of the biggest target in RTE - Tubeidy. They 2 of them get very vicious on some others (particularly women) but nobody Touches the worst cunt in the place- he must have som kompromat or just be untouchable
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i know i'm one of the few but never thought heat was very good. it always felt like he made 2 mediocre movies interlaced instead of one great one. need to rewatch it.

the miami vice series was phenomenal. the film was definitely average.

collateral was good, agree with HJ on the rest
                    IGNORE
                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Forgot Mann did public enemies- that was awful tbf

Comment

2G34uq.gifThat quidditch association Rowling story today

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Or Murray Wilson the violent father of the Beach Boys
                          Have you see the film Love & Mercy? Excellent

Comment

Whatever about the likes of Jamie Oliver and Donal Skeehan, Mario Rosenstock should be shot out of a very large cannon. Can't stand him.
                            Surely water under the fridge at this stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              I'd always use twat as 'harmless but annoying' where as cunt is much worse, like, if you're a cunt, you're a nasty piece of work.

Meant to ask you a while back, what's your take on Girl Band going all PC and changing their name to Gilla Band? I've never heard of them getting any grief over their original name but maybe they did?

Seems like a bit of an over reaction and not very punk like?
                              I agree that in general usage 'twat' is considered less offensive than 'cunt' but, objectively, they're the same.

Good question about Girl/Gilla Band - I'm conflicted. On the one hand it's their name and they can do what they like with it, not withstanding that Gilla Band is a helluva shitty name - they should have just gone for something completely different IMO and maybe run a competition of something for a new name. that would have been fun instead of this po-faced volte-face.

On the other I do feel it's a complete overreaction. AFAIK there was no public negativity towards the name Girl Band. Some overly woke do-gooders were obviously pouring poison in their ear and they succumbed. Look, overall there's much worse to get het up over than a band changing their name for what they perceive is a good reason but I am nevertheless disappointed that they seem to have been easily influenced.

What next? Are The Mary Wallopers gonna change their name? I don't think so!

They should just have got over themselves and realised its only a band name and no one was gonna lose an eye over it.

Still hoping to go see them at the end of Jan in Whelan's but doubt I'll be buying the t-shirt now!
                              Last edited by BennyHiFi; 21-12-21, 12:18.

Comment

Last week, you were on the Food Network’s latest game show, Cranberries or Bust, where you had a choice between two doors: A and B. One door had a lifetime supply of cranberry sauce behind it, while the other door had absolutely nothing behind it. And boy, did you love cranberry sauce.

Of course, there was a twist. The host presented you with a coin with two sides, marked A and B, which corresponded to each door. The host told you that the coin was weighted in favor of the cranberry door — without telling you which door that was — and that door’s letter would turn up 60 percent of the time. For example, if the sauce had been behind door A, then the coin would have turned up A 60 percent of the time and B the remaining 40 percent of the time.

You could flip the coin twice, after which you had to make your selection. Assuming you optimized your strategy, what were your chances of choosing the door with the cranberry sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                  Last week, you were on the Food Network’s latest game show, Cranberries or Bust, where you had a choice between two doors: A and B. One door had a lifetime supply of cranberry sauce behind it, while the other door had absolutely nothing behind it. And boy, did you love cranberry sauce.

Of course, there was a twist. The host presented you with a coin with two sides, marked A and B, which corresponded to each door. The host told you that the coin was weighted in favor of the cranberry door — without telling you which door that was — and that door’s letter would turn up 60 percent of the time. For example, if the sauce had been behind door A, then the coin would have turned up A 60 percent of the time and B the remaining 40 percent of the time.

You could flip the coin twice, after which you had to make your selection. Assuming you optimized your strategy, what were your chances of choosing the door with the cranberry sauce?
                                  Eh...um..scribbling with pencil on back of envelope tongue out of side of mouth...AHA .....wait no...um.....eh
                                  I like cranberries?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Have you see the film Love & Mercy? Excellent
                                    No . I presume it's a Beach Boys bio. I've seen a Beach boys flick years ago and the documentary on BBC 4 /Sky Arts.

Movie on Netflix Amazon ?

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Eh...um..scribbling with pencil on back of envelope tongue out of side of mouth...AHA .....wait no...um.....eh
                                      I like cranberries?
                                      The answers in your head , in your head ..

Comment

Eventually made it home to surprise the folks. Did an antigen test before driving down the road to be safe. All good.
                                        Misses wasn’t feeling well and did a PCR yesterday. Confirmed covid. Fuck me dead.

Comment

The answers in your head , in your head ..
                                          My favourite

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Maybe the takeaway from the sentences handed down yesterday should be how short sentences for hired murderers are here now.

Any scummer being paid a few grand to torture someone would surely rather kill them for the lighter sentence, what sort of a society would it be where it's more expensive to have someone tortured than killed.
                                            But there is a mandatory life sentence for murder isn't there?

Comment

No . I presume it's a Beach Boys bio. I've seen a Beach boys flick years ago and the documentary on BBC 4 /Sky Arts.

Movie on Netflix Amazon ?
                                              Yes it is, I got it on apple Movies from memory….it’s excellent

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

But there is a mandatory life sentence for murder isn't there?
                                                That is mandated to come up for parole in 12 years (used to be 7) AFAIK there is no such mandate for non life sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  Eventually made it home to surprise the folks. Did an antigen test before driving down the road to be safe. All good.
                                                  Misses wasn’t feeling well and did a PCR yesterday. Confirmed covid. Fuck me dead.
                                                  I can dodge bullets baby

Comment

Seems odd that Mario is ahead of Ronan Keating in the execution stakes . If anything Mario is a better singer .

Comment

irl Rosenstock is the cuntish end of twat scale.

Comment

Booster jab today in walk in center ... In and out in 5 minutes...

That's shite mellor. Are you guys with the family now and do they have to isolate again for another 5 days?
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Sheridans queue only 5 persons deep. Result.

Comment

We have had 660K covid cases. Assuming a reasonable confirmed case to undetected infection ratio of one to ten, wouldn't most of us have had it by now?

The NLF suspended their intensive testing regime because most of the positive cases (85%) simply weren't sick. These cases would rarely detected be in the wider community because asymptomatic people don't generally present for a test.

Comment

Cranberries are the red hot chili peppers of berries
                                                                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 21-12-21, 18:54.

Comment

goodluck2me confirmed cranberry mad
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Mario Rosenstock should be shot out of a very large cannon. Can't stand him.

He decided to play some poker in the SE many moons ago, confirmed arsehole and I wasn't even at his table

Comment

last chance to join the Music king Xmas bonanza. sign up thread below. we start tomorrow

music king

Comment

Very suprised that Freddy Tylicki won his case in the High Court.
                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

You can book boosters online in Croke Park and Swords now, just got mine for tomorrow am.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                            Me too. 0/3 now on predicting court cases this month.

Comment

Ferry tomorrow to Scotland now severely in doubt as pals we saw on Saturday waiting on PCR results.
                                                                              FFS

Booster effect was harsh enough today - either that or I am going to also test positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                Feels like it was set up to be more about more about insurance than nailing Gibbons. Just like the Frost case the outcome leaves a lot of questions about the way the original incidents were handled by the powers that be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

He decided to play some poker in the SE many moons ago, confirmed arsehole and I wasn't even at his table
                                                                                  He used to play blackjack in the place across from the jackpot (was that called the jackpot too) He is a knob. I actually quite like his podcast, only listened to 3 or 4. Jim Sheridan was good and Jim’s brother was also good. I skip through the impressions bit at the start.
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Can't believe in all our many years of debating the critical issues of the day, we have never broached the topic of what are the best crackers to be paired with cheese.

This thought occurred to me as I contemplated some expensive Sheridans crackers that were a sub-optimal delivery vehicle for todays cheese investments.

Discuss, ideally with recommendations.

Comment

Can't believe in all our many years of debating the critical issues of the day, we have never broached the topic of what are the best crackers to be paired with cheese.

This thought occurred to me as I contemplated some expensive Sheridans crackers that were a sub-optimal delivery vehicle for todays cheese investments.

Really don't think you can use the word cracker anymore, can you? Whatever about the white privileged cheese flex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(term)
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Happy Solstice ye pagan cnutz.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Really don't think you can use the word cracker anymore, can you? Whatever about the white privileged cheese flex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(term)
                                                                                          I always thought cracker, and indeed redneck, weren't particularly pejorative?

Comment

Digestive biscuits, also the carrs melts and the sea salt crackers from Lidl or Aldi.
                                                                                            Last edited by elbows; 21-12-21, 21:55.
                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I always thought cracker, and indeed redneck, weren't particularly pejorative?
                                                                                              I'd consider it worse here than in America. Like cracker>knacker>member of the travelling community. I'm not seriously suggesting that the unsweetened dough biscuit needs a name change.

Comment

I'd consider it worse here than in America. Like cracker>knacker>member of the travelling community. I'm not seriously suggesting that the unsweetened dough biscuit needs a name change.
                                                                                                No-one uses the term cracker here to describe other Irish people, not that I've heard anyway.

Comment

No-one uses the term cracker here to describe other Irish people, not that I've heard anyway.
                                                                                                  Cream cracker is cockney rhyming slang.

Comment

You've never heard a traveller called a cream cracker? We obviously move in very different circles.

Comment

Cream cracker is slang for members of the transportable abode community

Comment

I already told you the best cracker is Miller's Damsel Charcoal Wafer Crackers, which can be purchased in Sheridans.

Speaking of the queue, I went to the St Anne's store about two months ago and there was a couple ahead of me in the queue which I thought was great. Unfortunately, the group of three people inside proceded to spend over 20 minutes in the store and bought nothing, absoluting NOTHING.

It got to the point that one of the lads from the shop came out and apologised to us and told us they were just tasting and buying nothing and he was about to have to throw them out as they weren't getting the not so subtle hints.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

I was at his table for a cash game one night in the SE. He was shit faced drunk but an absolute tosser. A lot of his Gift Grub stuff is good but something about him doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

You've never heard a traveller called a cream cracker? We obviously move in very different circles.
                                                                                                            Cracker by itself isn't pejorative though. It needs the cream.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You just can't beat Carr's table water crackers for a cheese board. Maybe proper crusty slices of real French baguette.

Keep it simple, the cheese is the main event. Oh, and freeze the grapes. Take them out an hour beforehand so they're sorbet.

Cheese should be room temp too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Cracker by itself isn't pejorative though. It needs the cream.
                                                                                                                Anyway, how about the Quidditch groups changing their name in order to separate themselves from JKR?

Quidditch organisations have announced that they will be changing the name of the sport to “distance” themselves from JK Rowling, the game’s creator, over her views on transgender issues.
                                                                                                                https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/q...-row-bmb5k5gwq

Comment

Anyway, how about the Quidditch groups changing their name in order to separate themselves from JKR?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/q...-row-bmb5k5gwq
                                                                                                                  I think the world is fucked with this bullshit tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I think the world is fucked with this bullshit tbh.
                                                                                                                    It's not the world though is it? Have to admit seeing young adults playing Quidditch in UCD (at the back of the student centre) a few years ago. I was mostly jealous of the fun they were clearly having.

Comment

It's not the world though is it? Have to admit seeing young adults playing Quidditch in UCD (at the back of the student centre) a few years ago. I was mostly jealous of the fun they were clearly having.
                                                                                                                      It's mostly the western twitter world I suppose. A lot of real world stuff going on though, women's sport for instance.

Would like a good discussion on it in here actually, be interested to hear opinions.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                        goodluck2me confirmed cranberry mad
                                                                                                                        Cmon professor what’s your answe?

Comment

Decent thread on boards that's worth reading back a few pages detailing all the drinks offers available this Christmas, and keeping an eye on going forwards.

As well as the normal slab offers on the 'name brands' which seem as good as ever, there's also a definite pre-MUP sell-off of the own brand stuff which is going to mostly unsellable at MUP prices. e.g., bottles of Lidl spiced rum Captain Morg Cook for €7, can of own brand beers going for 50c (store dependent) , Tesco selling their own brand 'world vineyards' wine at €3.33 (can confirm this price personally).

Booze deals [Megathread #2] - Page 122 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X