• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'll stab ye with me dagger
    Buy a stuffed parrot to go with it
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

This one. Put it up on my elfster wishlist.

https://santokuknives.co.uk/products...39399178731556
      I've read things....

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Should get to med rare in a little over an hour. It's on the Weber now at 240f

Could do with one of those thermometer apps, missed a trick not asking Santy.

Getting a nice chefs knife though.
        She's at 113f after an hour, want to get to 127 so prob another 15/20 mins or so.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

She's at 113f after an hour, want to get to 127 so prob another 15/20 mins or so.
          Is it the meat or the Weber that get's the female pronoun? Genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Is it the meat or the Weber that get's the female pronoun? Genuinely curious.
            Funny, I was thinking that when I was posting it.

I think every inanimate object gets a female pronoun.

Can you think of an example otherwise?

Comment

Although I do tend to call things 'guy' a lot.

'See that little guy, you add that to that fella, and twist here'

Aha, why do we gender some things differently to others?

Comment

Lazher
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Now that I give it thought, I'd probably male the Weber and female the steak, sorry Shrap, rib of beef ​​​​​​

'That lad's at the right temp now, stick her on'

Comment

I famously treat all objects as sex objects. It was just your reference to 'the Weber' that offended me.

Comment

I famously treat all objects as sex objects. It was just your reference to 'the Weber' that offended me.
                      Well I figured calling it a Grill like a yank would twist you more.

Comment

Got the booster today. Hopefully don’t get the poxy side effects I got after jab 1. Nearly didn’t get the 2nd as a result but the 2nd was actually fine for me bar a sore arm and tiredness.

I’ve had pneumonia twice and smoked for 20 years so don’t fancy getting the vid without the jabs.
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

The big juicy bastard is at 127 now so if you'll excuse me.

Comment

The big juicy bastard is at 127 now so if you'll excuse me.
                            You'll be calling dead animal bits retarded next.

Comment

Sorry what? The cowboy is a girl now? Saucy.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Most languages use genders for nouns, although there are rules.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

YEEEHAAAW

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Sorry Tar

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      Most languages use genders for nouns, although there are rules.
                                      Seems more casual and laissez-faire (ironically) in English than in say Spanish or Romance languages where there seems to be more rigid structure.

Interesting.

Comment

How do the more batshit crazy wing of the wokerati deal with the there is no such thing as gender dogma in gendered languages
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          How do the more batshit crazy wing of the wokerati deal with the there is no such thing as gender dogma in gendered languages
                                          Is that a thing that I've thankfully been ignorant of until now?

Comment

Oh sorry, I get you.

Thought for a minute it was the latest source of rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              Did the PCR come back positive too?

Hopefully, the cough and temp is the worst of it for you.
                                              Sure did… result in about 6 (working) hours

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                Got the booster today. Hopefully don’t get the poxy side effects I got after jab 1. Nearly didn’t get the 2nd as a result but the 2nd was actually fine for me bar a sore arm and tiredness.

I’ve had pneumonia twice and smoked for 20 years so don’t fancy getting the vid without the jabs.
                                                Moderna side effects seems to be the worst…

Comment

I'm most perturbed by the use of Fahrenheit.
                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                    I'm most perturbed by the use of Fahrenheit.
                                                    Ha!

It is a Cowboy am a grillin

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                      Sure did… result in about 6 (working) hours
                                                      Hows it going now?

Nearly all clear here so I decided to break the rules and walk a lap of the estate. After 50 yards I didnt think I would make it back, Had to really take my time, body went to jelly. Even with mild illness its no joke. Going to just take it handy til the 10 days are up. Fuck it.

Comment

A lot of beef is overrrated imo - and I say this knowing its a minority view. I genuinely think a good mince beef is the best form of beef. The way you get that great blend of fat and meat together. Often find myself tasting a great steak, like Laz's looks like, and thinking, meh but its just beef.

Dropped into Kilruddery House today as it appeared on a sign as we were passing, never heard of the place before. Overnight stewed lamb with gnocchi. My good god, what a dish, what a creation. The most expensive dish on the menu at 17.50, everything else, also amazing was a tenner. Whoever the chef is there is properly well trained with the understanding of flavours. *worth a detour*
                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

They add Xs. You never seen Latinx used? Actual Latinx people hate it lol. Same people who scream about colonialism and cultural appropriation forcing a change on people who don't want it.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ha!

It is a Cowboy am a grillin

​​
                                                            Went down a reverse cowgirl rabbit hole . giggiddy .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              Laz, not wanting to be pedantic but you technically had a wing end steak. Much better than a rib eye, cowboy, tomahawk or other.

It's basically a bone in sirloin. However, it looked about 1 rib too high for that, so likely first cut off the rib end. Either way that piece of meat you have is the cut from where the sirloin meets the rib.

A beautiful piece of meat. Likely be one of my first picks but you'd only get it by chance.
                                                              Call in to Brady's and ask Glen to give you the same cut he gave me. Just say 'the same cut you gave Conor on Sat'.

I got one off Tom two weeks ago and it was equally as good.

It's a fantastic butchers, lucky to have it on the doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Hows it going now?

Nearly all clear here so I decided to break the rules and walk a lap of the estate. After 50 yards I didnt think I would make it back, Had to really take my time, body went to jelly. Even with mild illness its no joke. Going to just take it handy til the 10 days are up. Fuck it.
                                                                Woke up with a red raw throat that seems to easing now that I’m up and about and drinking liquids. Bunged up and a small cough but generally grand. Went for a 45mins walk yday which was more mental than physical around the garden, I’d say a fair bit of the fatigue is just the juxtaposition from chilling on the couch.. like the first KM always the worst on a run.

Comment

Is your Xmas fucked Joe or will you be out of the woods by then?

Comment

IPB hidden rich? One hour walks around the garden.

takes me 2 seconds .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

takes me 2 seconds .
                                                                      I was thinking that exact thing during the week at Mr. Keoghs crisps' gaff. You could easily get a long run in doing laps of his garden.

Comment

Is your Xmas fucked Joe or will you be out of the woods by then?
                                                                        Gonzo… not “released” back into the wild until the 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

takes me 2 seconds .
                                                                          Haha, we have the unique concept here in salubrious Dublin called laps… my garden is approx 10metres x 5 metres

Comment

In light of the stories of people queuing for hours to get booster jab at centres I was in and out of GP with it this morning in 3 to 4 minutes. Didn't even check ID. Only way it could have more efficient would be if they fired it at me with a blowpipe from the window as I walked past.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Would have been very useful for you if Smith had enforced the follow-on rather than giving the Aussies another bat.
                                                                              At least Warner got out early.
                                                                              Hopefully they all get out for quickfire flay-it-about 30s tomorrow rather than anyone sticking around.
                                                                              Day 4 worked out reasonably well. Laubuschagne got 50, as did Head but Malan now top of the Ingerland scoring charts and it looks a straight shootout between him and Root for the England-only side of the bet. Not out of the series bet either so this test has worked out well, despite England being shit.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                In light of the stories of people queuing for hours to get booster jab at centres I was in and out of GP with it this morning in 3 to 4 minutes. Didn't even check ID. Only way it could have more efficient would be if they fired it at me with a blowpipe from the window as I walked past.
                                                                                Similar experience in the Pharmacy yesterday

Comment

Moderna side effects seems to be the worst…
                                                                                  I've had 3 shots of the Moderna(or Spikevax as they changed it's name) now, and didn't notice much other than the sore arm. Got them to put the last 2 in my right arm, as I normally sleep on my left side.

Comment

I've had 3 shots of the Moderna(or Spikevax as they changed it's name) now, and didn't notice much other than the sore arm. Got them to put the last 2 in my right arm, as I normally sleep on my left side.
                                                                                    You didn’t the get a fever or hot/cold flush? Good stuff

Comment

No side effects so far. Even the arm isn’t too sore.

Comment

Gonzo… not “released” back into the wild until the 27th.
                                                                                        Do they tell you if you have delta or omicron?
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I rang my chemist and got a shot from someone who cancelled, the whole thing took a couple of mins. My arm was a little sore today but no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                            I rang my chemist and got a shot from someone who cancelled, the whole thing took a couple of mins. My arm was a little sore today but no biggie.
                                                                                            You have a chemist? Lah di dah.

Comment

this PNC tournament is so much fun. Those kids are ridiculously good, and an absolute joy to watch

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                this PNC tournament is so much fun. Those kids are ridiculously good, and an absolute joy to watch
                                                                                                No they are not. Little cunts .

Comment

Horse racing, snooker, or golf?

Comment

Horse racing, snooker, or golf?
                                                                                                    Golf

Comment

Golf
                                                                                                      Ah, I did use a search engine to find out

Have your travels been altered by the new covid panic? Only half remember that you had some plans.

Comment

Ah, I did use a search engine to find out

Have your travels been altered by the new covid panic? Only half remember that you had some plans.
                                                                                                        Was in Dublin last weekend, and wife's sister (and her daughter) are due to come to London for xmas from France, so we're still waiting to see if they're up for it (with a little doctor's letter saying they need to be here) . Other than that, we're staying put.

Comment

No, but ideally omicron if it’s going to be the prevailing one!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Ah stop most of the cast fecking loved themselves, JD / Sydney / Ricard / Shan / Evvie.

I see merit in Xanders plan to bring Heather and Erika to split their jury votes,
                                                                                                            but I've seen posts on Reddit that a lot of the aftershow clips and exit interviews had people giving Erika massive praise for her game, so as a normal episode viewer we miss a lot of information there.
                                                                                                            The only thing i remember Erika doing is smashing the sandglass, which was a non decision imo, so her claiming she 'changed the game' is bullshit.

Loads of people said Xander got to the end without being targeted as his social game was so bad. I think he played well, and used the idol to good effect.
                                                                                                            And won immunity at F4, sure that's huge.

I think a huge reason Erika won was her orig tribe never lost, and it's the early stages of the game you get rid of the weaker players, but you keep them around for leverage towards the end.
                                                                                                            See (B) Heather.
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            Spent a bit of time there thinking about that result. It was an interesting one. Xander played the big individual CV builder, the traditional game winning approach, while maybe not realising that the game has become a lot more social.

Comment

Would be well worth getting out for the booster sooner rather than later - getting it in time for Christmas, but without having aftereffects during Christmas. They were handing them out like candy in citywest today. No harm having the 70% protection with booster vs 20% with double-dose. Best approach for those who don't know, and who are in the right 40+ sweet spot in life is to check @HSELive on twitter as it tweets waiting times at the various places.

Comment

Fingers and toes crossed that the side effects are far less earth-shattering than the 2nd dose fiasco. wow, that was memorably bad. According to the nice pricking lady in the vaccine centre today the booster dose tends not to be as bad mainly because it is just half of the 2nd dose.

Comment

How does the booster get linked to the EU Covid Cert if you get it done via a walk-in clinic/pharmacy as opposed to getting it through the previous system? Or is that just something to worry about down the line.

Comment

I asked could I or how do I find out and was told its just not a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      How does the booster get linked to the EU Covid Cert if you get it done via a walk-in clinic/pharmacy as opposed to getting it through the previous system? Or is that just something to worry about down the line.
                                                                                                                      Same way, I think. They have all your details already and just ask you to confirm all your details, including email, that they send the new cert to. Or at least thats what the guy behind the counter said. So, its definitely added to your record. My previous shots were GP-led albeit through The Helix, but this was walk-in, and that was no bother.

Comment

I watched two films over the weekend - one great, one absolute stinker: Black hat. Terrible plot, terrible cast, terrible acting, a love interest with zero chemistry. It's the type of film that really needed a lead with enough charisma to paper over the cracks in the rest of the film, but Chris Helmsworth is truly dreadful. Both him and Michael Mann should be barred from filmmaking after this.

On the other hand, I watched The Long Goodbye, which is excellent. Really enjoyable, in that lazy quite ridiculous seventies vibe. Some of the scenes are downright hilarious and Elliott Gould is amazing as always, although the stage is stolen by the most ridiculous portrayal of a gangster I've ever seen.

Comment

Had a few last ditch pince tonight. Not just the general vibe but i think everyone has had enough now. Taxi driver on way home reckons Tony H hasn't thought a wink about the impact his new restrictions are gonna have. Very sad.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X