X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done, if so.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

FAO Raoul, and Mocata, GAB, and other Eames Chair aficionados.

Had a meeting with Herman Miller’s local rep this week (manufacturers of IPB’s favourite Chairs). We were looking at task chairs for a client. But of course could resist a peek. They had a 50s era original Eames chair on display. Insured for $45k.

Comment

I've been tipping away for the last couple of days at an article on how America went nuts. It's four years old but it's very good.
        https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...s-mind/534231/

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Done, if so.
          Inflation really is rampant. Our standard bet is €50.

Booked for €50. If I win, you have to take me to the pub.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Going to back Dawid Malan to be top England runscorer @6/1 for the Ashes series (starts 8-Dec) and top overall series runscorer @20/1.

Primarily on the grounds that (a) Root can't do it all the time (can he?) and has a fairly average career record in Australia, (b) Stokes hasn't played for months and is a joke 2nd fav given his overall record and (c), Malan is proven under Australian conditions. I don't rate any of the remaining English batsmen.

One Time etc.
            Somewhat game on (although still massively advantage to Australia following an abject batting display by Ingerland in the first innings) now. Malan 80 not out overnight. Which certainly is good news for the England-only side of the bet at 8/1 and means he's still in the overall at the 40/1 I robbed. Root going well too.

If he could just bat and bat and bat all day tomorrow, that would be great.

Comment

Live footage of the loser paying the winner the usual bet amount.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                Live footage of the loser paying the winner the usual bet amount.

Ah brilliant, there's a movie I'm definitely going to watch this Xmas
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Ah brilliant, there's a movie I'm definitely going to watch this Xmas
                  If even just for Jamie lees perfect breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

If even just for Jamie lees perfect breasts.
                    feeling better?

Comment

How long will BoJo hang on?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                        Wonder what he even wants as his endgame.
                        Will his legacy be of getting Britain out of Europe / fighting Covid mainly?

What does he do after being PM? I think May is still in the Tory party, but would he stay?
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

meh, he's like Trump in terms of riding out shit that would sink any normal politician

Comment

CON +10
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is a really great Michelen star restaurant review

https://everywhereist.com/2021/12/br...staurant-ever/
                              Your man responded to her and it's fucking gold it's so bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

meh, he's like Trump in terms of riding out shit that would sink any normal politician
                                I think he'll be gone before Tuesday. Not willing to put any shekels where my mouth is though
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

To my shame I saw a story last week about how disgraceful it is that we are still funding dog racing and that reminded me that dog racing is a fun enough evening out, so we are on a family outing to Shelbourne this evening. I do realise there is no standard way of working out what dog is going to win, or else the bookies wouldn't be rich, but what are the standard approaches - looking at past time? Is the position still considered important? Whats a sign of a shit dog? Essentially hoping for a bluffers guide to not completely pissing the bed in terms of the bets.

Comment

To my shame I saw a story last week about how disgraceful it is that we are still funding dog racing and that reminded me that dog racing is a fun enough evening out, so we are on a family outing to Shelbourne this evening. I do realise there is no standard way of working out what dog is going to win, or else the bookies wouldn't be rich, but what are the standard approaches - looking at past time? Is the position still considered important? Whats a sign of a shit dog? Essentially hoping for a bluffers guide to not completely pissing the bed in terms of the bets.
                                    Just grab a window seat upstairs for all of you, order food and let the kids pick random numbers from 1 to 6 and place bet at the tote (dont be going out to shit weather trackside). Afterwards up to Slatterys for a quick pint =easygame and enjoy.
                                    I'll take the spare €50 you want to wager on the pubs also

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Just grab a window seat upstairs for all of you, order food and let the kids pick random numbers from 1 to 6 and place bet at the tote (dont be going out to shit weather trackside). Afterwards up to Slatterys for a quick pint =easygame and enjoy.
                                      I'll take the spare €50 you want to wager on the pubs also
                                      If it's the kids first time there, then I think it's nice to go trackside for at least one race and show them the 'process'. Dogs in the pen, dogs being brought into the parade, loaded, bookies shouting, the hare running etc.
                                      But after doing that once, indoors for the rest seems fine.
                                      Can't help with picking dogs - maybe veer them towards favs if they are on a run of losses just so they get a winner? And if their winner is 1/3 or something on the tote, then you have to pay them 2/1.
                                      Previous times on the same track is probably what I use, but not particularly successfully.

Comment

The dogs is grim imo. Have had fun at it before but the last time I went I swore never to return.

It was communion time and the place was full of three piece suit wearing Conor McGregors and their kids. All the adults pissed and the kids queuing up at a special play money kids tote.

None of it sat right with me.

Then the usual desperate degen oul lads, ugh. Grimness.

Comment

Nightingale the no.3 dog and wrap up well. The dogs at the back will be available on the food stand the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Nightingale the no.3 dog and wrap up well. The dogs at the back will be available on the food stand the following week.
                                            Nurse the number 3 dog?
                                            Is that an euphemism for drugging it up to the bollix?

Forshame, what do you think this is, horse racing???
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

It's been years since I was at the dogs but I absolutely cleaned up through complete and utter luck. It was a mates birthday so there was a gang of us there. Everybody was using the tote for betting except me and him who were heading down to the track to use the bookies. We won the 1st race so increased our stake from a tenner to 50 quid for every subsequent race and just kept hitting. Think there was only one race where we didn't pick the winner. I was single at the time but he was married so between the punting and the boozing, we almost tripped ourselves up several times lying about how much we bet and what we won. Suffice to say, we both went home with a wedge more cash in the wallet than we went out with.

So, yeah, pick random named dogs that somehow speak to your inner soul. Once you win, invest all winnings on the next one, rinse and repeat - You can't go wrong*

*This should not be considered as advice

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Nurse the number 3 dog?
                                                Is that an euphemism for drugging it up to the bollix?

Forshame, what do you think this is, horse racing???
                                                Nightingale the no. 3 = keep betting T3 until it wins, its a no-lose system. Sometimes mis-spelled as 'martingale'.

Comment

The dogs is grim imo. Have had fun at it before but the last time I went I swore never to return.

It was communion time and the place was full of three piece suit wearing Conor McGregors and their kids. All the adults pissed and the kids queuing up at a special play money kids tote.

Such a woke wanna be middle-class cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Nightingale the no. 3 = keep betting T3 until it wins, its a no-lose system. Sometimes mis-spelled as 'martingale'.
                                                    Lol. He was slagging me I think . My phone didnt rekky Martingale. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Comment

Dogs no fun in miserable winter , however during summer with you months rent on the line it can be as much tension as you can bear. (So I heard)

Comment

In complete contrast to his horse tips, Balfejohn is actually quite good with dog info

Comment

Any jockey being interviewed is slamming the BHA and the decision reached yesterday.

Charlie Deutsch quite eloquent on the topic as he is being led in on a winner at Cheltenham.

Comment

We may, and I say this lightly, finally see the plumber later today. Please for the luv of all gods engage in no home renovations involving water without having a personal relationship with a plumber. I've had more than one dream where the plumber turns up and I'm delighted and that's the entire dream.

Had the internal doors fitted today and they are swaaaaannnnnky, or maybe they are ordinary and I don't know better. Glass panels for the downstairs, all new architraves and frames so they fit snug as a bug. I can see the house itself starting to feel proud of who it is.

All we need is the plumber.

Comment

We also were told today that we have to pay a chunk of cash we don't have in tax on the wife's corporate share gains. Filing due by Dec 15th - am I right in thinking we have until end of Jan to actually pay that? Not sure how it will be paid, but it is what it is.

Comment

We also were told today that we have to pay a chunk of cash we don't have in tax on the wife's corporate share gains. Filing due by Dec 15th - am I right in thinking we have until end of Jan to actually pay that? Not sure how it will be paid, but it is what it is.
                                                                You are WRONG in thinking that -due on 15th December next (ie next Wednesday)

Comment

Shocking news coming out of Saudi Arabia.

Comment

So I live in a village in North west Kildare. Very few houses are bought and sold so price discovery is a rarity.

3 months ago a large converted/extended 3 bed cottage in the village went up for sale with an asking price of 499k (myhome.ie ad here)

It stayed on the market for max two weeks and then was sale agreed. The guys who lived there have moved on (bought a fixer-upper in Longford as one of them loves a project and are going to live mortgage free) and the new folk have moved in.

Out of snoopish curiosity (and because I intend remortgaging fairly soon) I looked up the property price register. How much did it go for?

Have a guess first and then check out the spoiler...

SPOILER
                                                                    597k!!!!!

Newtown Cottage,Newtown,Enfield,Co Kildare,A83 NC80, 3 Bed, asking price €499,000, brought to market by Sherry FitzGerald Brady O'Flaherty, Residential - 4512102 (rated C1)
                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

V lives in far west Longford, don't be fooled.

(at least if you let Google Maps direct you there, that's what it feels like)

Nice house. Market insane. I bet, eh ummm €625k

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        So God, this black stuff under the ground that will make its owners super-rich, who are you going to give it to?

Sure for the craic, let's give it to these fellas in the Middle East and then let's try these viking lads in the frozen North. Let's see how they do with their gift.

Comment

Your man responded to her and it's fucking gold it's so bonkers.

Apparently they have a regular menu and and avant-garde experience menu. hard to complain about a weird experience if you order a weird experience. Like going to a high end fashion show and complaining about a lack of jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Apparently they have a regular menu and and avant-garde experience menu. hard to complain about a weird experience if you order a weird experience. Like going to a high end fashion show and complaining about a lack of jeans.
                                                                            It really isn’t. You’d expect to be fed at that price, not rode.

Comment

from limited experience, the guide has easy gimmes in the first one or two races
                                                                              Or assign each kid a trap number ( you will call the dogs horses) and stick to it.
                                                                              Last race, back every dog so they have a winner.
                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 10-12-21, 17:31.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

We may, and I say this lightly, finally see the plumber later today. Please for the luv of all gods engage in no home renovations involving water without having a personal relationship with a plumber. I've had more than one dream where the plumber turns up and I'm delighted and that's the entire dream.

Had the internal doors fitted today and they are swaaaaannnnnky, or maybe they are ordinary and I don't know better. Glass panels for the downstairs, all new architraves and frames so they fit snug as a bug. I can see the house itself starting to feel proud of who it is.

All we need is the plumber.
                                                                                You'll find plenty of plumbers in the emporium

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

I don't know if this scene resonates without having seen the film, but I've been thinking about it since reading that review as it follows on from a similarly wankerous trendy restaurant food offering.

Comment

Hey Hey I'm the monkey. Only Mickey Left now .

Comment

It's gas to think that Lazare, one of the soundest heads on here, is now better known for being a woke wanna be middle-class guitar wankering cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        It's gas to think that Lazare, one of the soundest heads on here, is now better known for being a woke wanna be middle-class guitar wankering cunt.
                                                                                        You forgot dry shite too
                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                          You are not far behind him fine wines food that costs more than 11 euro a serving trips that don’t involve Wexford or lanzarote thin ice.

Comment

Tynamite finally got there in Fundalk i see, just about evens with the fucker.

Comment

You are not far behind him fine wines food that costs more than 11 euro a serving trips that don’t involve Wexford or Lanzarote thin ice.

Don't be tarring me with the Lazare brush. I've been to Lanzarote once, Wexford countless times and I had a bowl of braised beef noodle broth for €9.95 on Sunday. Admittingly, I also got six chicken dumplings for €6.50 so the total bill came to a very middle class €16.45 but it was so much food, I didn't eat dinner later on as I was still full - Had I been on thin ice, I would have fucking shattered it.

So, essentially it was two unbelievably working class €8.22 meals - I rounded down each meal from €8.225 to €8.22 as the wanna be middle class part of me is trying to act all baller and that I couldn't give a fuck about half a cent but the reality is that if there was a half a cent coin, I'd totally save them up in an old jam jar until I had enough to bag them up and lodge them in the bank.

I also drank a Tuesday wine last night which I bought on sale, reduced from €18.95 to €11.65 - OK, so, it's 65cent above the well known and internationally recognised benchmark from when you turn from working class to middle class but the working man has to have some form of a treat towards the end of a hard working week or else he'll revolt.

Comment

Ah Lao Lao, come off it.

You are basically a more travelled Lazare.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Actually, you and SickPuppy have a lot in common on the SE Asia travel front.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

T5 8.42 Shelbourne
                                                                                                    T2 9.12 Shelbourne

T3 9.42 Shelbourne

best of luck
                                                                                                    it might pay for the plumbers 1st moan about new pipework

Comment

Trying to change my sig to 'woke wannabe middle class cunt' and can't find how

Maybe Dom can change the letters under my avatar from GFML to WWMCC

Comment

Lao Lao is exactly who I wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I don't know if this scene resonates without having seen the film, but I've been thinking about it since reading that review as it follows on from a similarly wankerous trendy restaurant food offering.

Nic is great there, and the guys reaction to the dish he planned.
                                                                                                          It all reminds me of https://www.vice.com/en/article/434g...on-tripadvisor
                                                                                                          People I am with always say their food is good no matter what, and are rather shocked if I tell the staff it is shite.

Comment

Going to Lanzarote is not something to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                              Going to Lanzarote is not something to be proud of.
                                                                                                              Never been. Where should i be going oh great one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Lanzarote is the finest at Christmas sunshine good food cheap booze a great way to get heat into the bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I did once go to a McDonald’s in Thailand in2001. And a Burger King in nha Trang 8 years ago.

Comment

Went to Lanzarote in January one year and although the heat was amazing the best thing about it for me was it not getting dark until 7pm.

Mad seeing the locals wearing hats and scarves at night while we were walking around like it was the middle of June.

Comment

I did once go to a McDonald’s in Thailand in2001. And a Burger King in nha Trang 8 years ago.
                                                                                                                      And KFC in Hanoi?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

And KFC in Hanoi?
                                                                                                                        No but kept going back to a place used order two portions of sticky ribs great spot.

Comment

Poor old Charlie Bird in a bad way on the LLS

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X