This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    In other news, two of DCUs finest* had feijoada for din-dins in Fabi's of Temple Bar and it was very very good indeed. Definitely going back there for both more feijoada and possibly half the menu as it all looked class and seemed to exclusively consist of Brazilians dining there, the ultimate compliment.

* dobbs and I
    Montys in temple bar says hello!
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

"Mother is Golden Retriever and Father is a standard Poodle"
      Is it not a bit awkward for a Poodle to get up on a Golden Retriever?

Does he get a bunt?
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

HJ has a point about (some) dog people in fairness.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Is it not a bit awkward for a Poodle to get up on a Golden Retriever?

Does he get a bunt?
          Depend on the dog. A poodle is typically 45 - 60 cm tall... Retriever is normally 50 - 70 cm I think... So very doable!
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1706251&d=1637185445&type=thumb The lads watching the snuff videos.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I'd love a dog but I'd be scared of a sudden bad mood and the biting attacks . The 5 year old I have can be a real bastard , poor doggie .

Comment

In other news, two of DCUs finest* had feijoada for din-dins in Fabi's of Temple Bar and it was very very good indeed. Definitely going back there for both more feijoada and possibly half the menu as it all looked class and seemed to exclusively consist of Brazilians dining there, the ultimate compliment.

* dobbs and I
                Hat tip to Coillcam for the recommendation. Raving to the missus about how good it was so think we are going again next Wednesday. Feijoada on Wednesday and Saturday for anyone wanting to try it.

Comment

If you are set on not getting a rescue dog or a mongrel, I'd pay attention to the advice from Sickpuppy.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I'd pay attention to the advice from Sickpuppy.
                    Words to live by.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      Right now I am enjoying the midday Mexican sun before my siesta!
                      Any chance you could smuggle a Chihuahua home for RDIII?
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ended up being a late substitute for a sick mother in law tonight.

Afternoon tea in the Westbury and Ballet in the Gaiety. Enjoyed both a lot more than I thought I would.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                          Ended up being a late substitute for a sick mother in law tonight.

Afternoon tea in the Westbury and Ballet in the Gaiety. Enjoyed both a lot more than I thought I would.
                          I got dragged to see "Elsewhere" in the Abbey and enjoyed it far more than I expected. It's an opera but was a good story and a bit of craic. Set in a mental asylum. Would recommend

Comment

Whatever happened to your regular mongrel

NON SHEDDING DOGS!..Jesus fucking Christ they're not christmas trees

Niece had a labradoodle ..too hot to handle..passed it on to her mother.

I like dogs in general but this was a big annoying dog poorly trained and obsessive about food ie constantly head in lap begging. bolted one day while on leash lifting the sister out of it and shes not in great shape so a very painful landing.

Dog owners can be right morons not only through lack of training but also spoiling and anthropromorphising.

I have people come in to the shop going on about their dog having terrible separation anxiety. Dog probably sitting on.their lap 24/7 getting ribbons tied in their hair ffs.

Fuck it must do that dog training course make a fortune basically training owners.
                            Last edited by dinekes; 18-11-21, 00:14.

Comment

Tempted to head to Coppers

FEbTn10WUAE79gc?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The trick is to start drinking at noon
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This case of the missing Chinese tennis star is somewhat reminiscent of Stalinist purges.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

lol, HJ man. You are a miserable fucker.

Do you enjoy anything in life? Or is everything just judged in levels of misery?
                                    Chilli watermelon, keep up FFS.

Comment

Well this is just wonderful
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        https://i.imgur.com/QVUM43p.mp4

Well this is just wonderful
                                        Not a set up?

Comment

I have a few Stutterheim coats and I seem to remember one or two on here did too. This is the first time one has started to become damaged, and it's the newest one, any of you need to fix anything with yours? There are some rips/splits at both cuffs forming and getting worse. Anybody had any experience fixing these? Would a tailor or cobbler do it since it is a thick rubber? Stutterheim sent me out a patch of the fabric to try with anyway, and don't really know if people can repair them. Here is the damage so far: https://imgur.com/a/vaZbLhh Will bring it along in and ask anyway.

Comment

Comment

Koray Aldemir wins it all. Still some story for George Holmes. From one big blind on day 7 to finishing second for $4.8m.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                Koray Aldemir wins it all. Still some story for George Holmes. From one big blind on day 7 to finishing second for $4.8m.

Was he the big chipleader 3 handed?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  The trick is to start drinking at noon
                                                  Pubs open at 10.30am

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Was he the big chipleader 3 handed?
                                                    Yeah, I posted the hand yesterday where he got gifted like 40% of the chips in play on the final tables when Lacoco committed ICM suicide and punted off his whole stack to him when they were first and second in chips. George though actually had the chip lead a few times during the heads up.

Comment

Wonder if that cringe mural of Tony holohan changing into his superman suit is still standing?
                                                      only the 2nd most cringe thing about pandemic behind the people of Dalkey debasing themselves over Matt Damon being in town
                                                      surely there’s something DCC could do about all the shitty murals around Dublin? It’s not like Irish people can’t do good murals-eg bog side in Derry
                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Surprised none of the big companies didn't get any branding on Holmes for the FT. Have the rules changed wrt branding ?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Surprised none of the big companies didn't get any branding on Holmes for the FT. Have the rules changed wrt branding ?
                                                          I wondered that myself. No rules change as the other players got all patched up at the final table or just prior to it starting so he may have just not wanted to bother with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                            Wonder if that cringe mural of Tony holohan changing into his superman suit is still standing?
                                                            only the 2nd most cringe thing about pandemic behind the people of Dalkey debasing themselves over Matt Damon being in town
                                                            surely there’s something DCC could do about all the shitty murals around Dublin? It’s not like Irish people can’t do good murals-eg bog side in Derry
                                                            Matt Damon walking down for a swim with his togs in a supervalu bag was one of the only enjoyable things to happen in 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Matt Damon walking down for a swim with his togs in a supervalu bag was one of the only enjoyable things to happen in 2020
                                                              nah it exposed the lie that Irish people aren’t cringe starfuckers when they see a celebrity.
                                                              would actually have Kerry down as an exception to this, people keep their cool down there
                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Alice Clunt

Comment

I have a new song out today - This is the second single in my collection of songs all inspired by great films I watched during lockdown. I wrote this after watching an Argentinian film by the same name. The film manages to expertly blend three different storylines - so I wanted to create the same effect, but musically. So the song is a rock, jazz. electronic fusion, featuring Sax, Trumpet & Piano. I hope you enjoy!

Comment

I have a new song out today - This is the second single in my collection of songs all inspired by great films I watched during lockdown. I wrote this after watching an Argentinian film by the same name. The film manages to expertly blend three different storylines - so I wanted to create the same effect, but musically. So the song is a rock, jazz. electronic fusion, featuring Sax, Trumpet & Piano. I hope you enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/track/2imyp...4846f0841945a7
                                                                    Lovely, well-crafted piece of fusion with great vibes, flavour and a 'what's gonna happen next' feel. 10/10!

Comment

fantastic track HJ!

Comment

Calling it off with the second worst 2 pair is either several levels of genius or Chief style 'I knew he was at it'
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Calling it off with the second worst 2 pair is either several levels of genius or Chief style 'I knew he was at it'
                                                                          really? Snappity, snap snap imo

Comment

Theresa you affected by the Vancouver transport links being destroyed? Seems bad man.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                              Theresa you affected by the Vancouver transport links being destroyed? Seems bad man.

If he's west BC, maybe not affected too badly yet but they've about 3 or 4 days before supply chains is gonna hit.
                                                                              It's amazing it's not front page stuff tbh.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Really love that, saved straight to a playlist. Congrats man
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Dopesick final episode finished it off really well. Highly recommended. I watched an interview with Richard Sackler who was head of the company during the whole thing as he is portrayed rather oddly in the show so was wondering how it matched reality but it seems the actor who played him really got the guy down perfectly.

Copy of the new Edgar Wright film "Last Night in Soho" floating around with cousins.
                                                                                  Last edited by Opr; 18-11-21, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Really love that, saved straight to a playlist. Congrats man
                                                                                    Let's see who dares play it in music king!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Are you going to the game on Sunday? You'll have half of Killarney cheering for ye given the relegation permutations

Comment

I reckon those Ritternhouse jurors would make good poker players. 2.5 days and counting.

Based on my reading of such expert sources as John Grisham thrillers, "the longer they talk, the more likely he walks"?

Comment

Dopesick final episode finished it off really well. Highly recommended. I watched an interview with Richard Sackler who was head of the company during the whole thing as he is portrayed rather oddly in the show so was wondering how it matched reality but it seems the actor who played him really got the guy down perfectly.

Copy of the new Edgar Wright film "Last Night in Soho" floating around with cousins.
                                                                                          3 episodes in and really enjoying it. Michael Keaton playing Michael Keaton is very good performance so far imo.

Watched 2 eps of Tiger King last night and newstalk just spoiled thw whole thing...Gowls.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Not yet. I’m in Alberta. We have outs.

DP is right though, I think we will see some issues soon! Mad stuff though. Theres an awful lot of 1/100 year climate emergencies happening in the last few years.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Not sure i like the shove by Holmes either. Surely would have to think if he gets called he is goosed and simultaneously would have to think he has a good chance of picking up a decent sized pot by just checking with top pair second kicker.

The amount of time they take with every single decision is ridiculous also.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Let's see who dares play it in music king!
                                                                                                Speaking of which I was just thinking earlier in the week we should get another up and running for the Christmas!

'Bout time the reigning champ defended his title! (or stands aside to act as referee and allow a young upstart a shot at the belt!)

Comment

Cool song HJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Not sure i like the shove by Holmes either. Surely would have to think if he gets called he is goosed and simultaneously would have to think he has a good chance of picking up a decent sized pot by just checking with top pair second kicker.

The amount of time they take with every single decision is ridiculous also.
                                                                                                    Been quite a bit of talk about that over the last few days. There is talk they might introduce some sort of time system next year as it is already in use to great effect in all the high rollers and poker go events.

Comment

really? Snappity, snap snap imo

Comment

It's just one more cluster fuck in an exceptionally long list of cluster fucks over the last 18 months or so

Comment

Rittenhouse might walk but at least some Jurors who watched ALL the evidence considers him guilty . Probably factoring in some of the ridiculous calls by the biased Judge . Hope they jail the fucker .

Comment

Been quite a bit of talk about that over the last few days. There is talk they might introduce some sort of time system next year as it is already in use to great effect in all the high rollers and poker go events.

No idea who the fella responding to Norman Chad is but i'd say no one is denying that players, especially at the final table, will need to tank considerably more often than normal but; taking a minute to decide to fold 10-3 off in early position is what takes the mickey.

Are the blind levels still 2 hours long? Would be interesting to see how many hands on average are played each level on the FT.

Time extension cards could work perhaps. Certain number per level when you get to the FT perhaps

Comment

Ate in Oh My Street Food today. A spectacular brothy dish of spicy pork and noodles. One of the most enjoyable Asian noodles dishes I've ever had. A dish with some sort of marinated peppers in it that I've never tried before, that was such a great contrast to the rich pork mince that populated every chopsticks worth of noodles. Glorious.

There was a thing though.

When I was ordering it the guy goes - are you sure you can handle that, its a bit spicy, and he looked a bit uncertain.

Anyway the spicing turned out to be perfect. The type of spice that adds to a dish, that's used to build flavour, rather than cover up the lack of other flavour.

When I finished eating upstairs I saw a small sign saying to please bring your dish down to save us having to come up and get it. But it might have been an old sign, as an excruciatingly embarrassing thing happened when I did bring the bowl down. Clearly no-one else brings their bowls down so he reacted as if I was bringing him down the empty bowl to show-off how I'd eaten the noodles that he warned me about.

"I never thought you would do it", he said. This was my first indication that he thought I was showing off how empty my bowl was. Then he starts brandishing the bowl and really going on about it. I just remember backing out the door saying when I come back the next time I'll eat two bowls, you'll see, I'm mad like that. Thanking fuck for the mask to cover up the embarrassment. Can't go back there. Which is a pity, as that dish was something else.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I don't believe Holmes is betting for value at the end.

Comment

PSV and MysteryGuest must be off having drinks together so I will fill in..........

"For a game and fanbase that so often champions itself on the respect it offers to its match officials - often times throwing not-so-subtle and tiresome digs at soccer - the moral high ground has well and truly been conceded."

Nice.....

Comment

Those jurors are taking the piss now.

Novels have been written in less time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      PSV and MysteryGuest must be off having drinks together so I will fill in..........

"For a game and fanbase that so often champions itself on the respect it offers to its match officials - often times throwing not-so-subtle and tiresome digs at soccer - the moral high ground has well and truly been conceded."

Nice.....

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2021/...-all-involved/
                                                                                                                      Sport A: bans a high-profile manager for abusing match officials
                                                                                                                      Sport B; abuse of match officials is an accepted part of the culture of that sport, and no-one ever does anything about it

hmmm

Comment

Ate in Oh My Street Food today. A spectacular brothy dish of spicy pork and noodles. One of the most enjoyable Asian noodles dishes I've ever had. A dish with some sort of marinated peppers in it that I've never tried before, that was such a great contrast to the rich pork mince that populated every chopsticks worth of noodles. Glorious.

There was a thing though.

When I was ordering it the guy goes - are you sure you can handle that, its a bit spicy, and he looked a bit uncertain.

Anyway the spicing turned out to be perfect. The type of spice that adds to a dish, that's used to build flavour, rather than cover up the lack of other flavour.

When I finished eating upstairs I saw a small sign saying to please bring your dish down to save us having to come up and get it. But it might have been an old sign, as an excruciatingly embarrassing thing happened when I did bring the bowl down. Clearly no-one else brings their bowls down so he reacted as if I was bringing him down the empty bowl to show-off how I'd eaten the noodles that he warned me about.

"I never thought you would do it", he said. This was my first indication that he thought I was showing off how empty my bowl was. Then he starts brandishing the bowl and really going on about it. I just remember backing out the door saying when I come back the next time I'll eat two bowls, you'll see, I'm mad like that. Thanking fuck for the mask to cover up the embarrassment. Can't go back there. Which is a pity, as that dish was something else.
                                                                                                                        I've eaten there a good few times and only noticed the sign to bring dishes downstairs the Saturday before last so I duly obliged to carry my two plates and dipping bowls downstairs.

When I got downstairs, there was three people queuing up and several drinks at the small hatch in the perplex screen at the till so I went over to the right but there was nobody there to take the plates off me so I tried to balance them on an uneven counter. The dipping bowls were starting to rock/slide and I could visualise them dropping to the ground and smashing.

It felt like everyone in the queue was looking at me, waiting for the plates to fall and smash and I could feel my face going red (hidden by the mask) Eventually, (it was probably only a few seconds but felt like hours) somebody scurried out of the kitchen and took the plates off me and I made a hasty exit.

I love sitting at the bench upstairs looking out the window. Great spot to watch the world go by and eat tasty grub.

Comment

Sport A: bans a high-profile manager for abusing match officials
                                                                                                                          Sport B; abuse of match officials is an accepted part of the culture of that sport, and no-one ever does anything about it

hmmm
                                                                                                                          Plenty of 1,2,3 game touch-line bans for managers in soccer.
                                                                                                                          Which is clearly not as harsh a penalty as the one Erasmus got but then again no soccer manager has quite gone as far in such a calculated and forensic manner. Most of the soccer stuff, unpleasant as it is, tends to be heat of the moment and thus gets forgiven more easily.
                                                                                                                          Hopefully the players all have Rassie t-shirts to show their support, would wind up the duffers in World Rugby.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X