This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    I thought for a minute there, watching without sound that Sexton had retired.
    Nope he’s wants to play next World Cup , bubbling along nicely for another schadenfreude fest for me
    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Nice bit of chavball on the lower left corner
      Waiting for the cricket to start
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Waiting for the cricket to start
        SA all over England's bowlers so far
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Mate of mine here in Ashbourne sold his run of the mill bog standard 3 bed house in an estate for 510k. Bought a detached house in a more settled area of Ashbourne, 5 bedrooms, a massive back garden, large driveway, huge patio area out the back too. And unlimited potential for whatever he wants to do for 600k.

In Ashbourne! Mental prices but cant help thinking hes done well in the whole thing.
            Well, as you say, 'in Ashbourne'! Wouldn't be my idea of a good trade, assuming first house was in a decent area in Dublin, but of course I am just not a country person at heart, at this stage in my life I'd really struggle to move back to Galway city even, too small. All this being said, it's not like I make it out into Dublin city centre very often these days, I bet I spend 90+% of my time within the boundaries of Dublin 18!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Naas is on TG4 today too
              They got their money's worth with a Rachel Blackmore four timer brought up in spectacular fashion on an evens fav that must have been trading at 100/1 jumping the last

Comment

ionapaul Have you listened to to the new Modest Mouse album yet, The Golden Casket?

Isaac and the lads seem to have mellowed quite a bit, not nearly as angry but still some really good tunes on it.

Comment

I'm pretty hungover today, but this video cheered me right up: https://twitter.com/Elzo_/status/145...449111040?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Well, as you say, 'in Ashbourne'! Wouldn't be my idea of a good trade, assuming first house was in a decent area in Dublin, but of course I am just not a country person at heart, at this stage in my life I'd really struggle to move back to Galway city even, too small. All this being said, it's not like I make it out into Dublin city centre very often these days, I bet I spend 90+% of my time within the boundaries of Dublin 18!
                    Interesting the adjectives used though: 'huge', 'massive', 'large', 'unlimited'.

I wonder how many people reside in this palatial abode?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                      ionapaul Have you listened to to the new Modest Mouse album yet, The Golden Casket?

Isaac and the lads seem to have mellowed quite a bit, not nearly as angry but still some really good tunes on it.
                      Not yet! Will have to do so soon. Am currently enjoying the new War In Drugs album, already excited about next year's gig.

Comment

ionapaul Can you do a bit of a report on 'The Book of Mormon' when you get to see it. I'm not going until the 26th, and worried it will be cancelled again the way the covid numbers are going.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Pretty sobering assessment by Pat Leahy around the prospects of the Brits triggering Article 16 and the likely implications.

“There will definitely be some sort of trade war between the EU and the UK,” a sources familiar with discussions on the matter at the highest levels of Government here tells me. Another person in similar position says “there will 100 per cent be a trade war. Nobody in Brussels believes otherwise.” Later, he adds: “And we will be stuck in the middle.”

Comment

Considering the conditions, this wales south Africa is very entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Pretty sobering assessment by Pat Leahy around the prospects of the Brits triggering Article 16 and the likely implications.
                              I don't who Pat Leahy's source would be (though presumably it's senior rather than Karen on reception) but I found the bit you quoted quite annoying, if this is really the thought process at government level.
                              Another person in similar position says “there will 100 per cent be a trade war. Nobody in Brussels believes otherwise.” Later, he adds: “And we will be stuck in the middle.”
                              If its the EU v UK then it's not possible for us to be 'in the middle'. We are the bleedin EU. We are frontline. It's not something where you can be mr neutral. Stop thinking you can play both sides, you are either committed to the EU or you aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I don't who Pat Leahy's source would be (though presumably it's senior rather than Karen on reception) but I found the bit you quoted quite annoying, if this is really the thought process at government level.

If its the EU v UK then it's not possible for us to be 'in the middle'. We are the bleedin EU. We are frontline. It's not something where you can be mr neutral. Stop thinking you can play both sides, you are either committed to the EU or you aren't.
                                I think you are taking it too literally.

We're the only EU state that has a land border with the UK. The UK separates us geographically from the EU mainland. If there is a trade war, we'll be on the front line of it and we'll be the worst impacted by far.

So yeah, we'll be in the middle of it. But obviously on Team EU.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                  ionapaul Can you do a bit of a report on 'The Book of Mormon' when you get to see it. I'm not going until the 26th, and worried it will be cancelled again the way the covid numbers are going.
                                  Will do! Really looking forward to it, reviews have been great and I don't have the highest bar when it comes to musicals, probably seen about a dozen different ones over the years and the only ones that didn't hit for me were Mamma Mia (dragged by my then-GF when in San Francisco over 20 years ago), the Lion King (dragged by the same GF when in London over 20 years ago) and Blood Brothers (in the Bord Gais about a decade ago). Les Mis the best one I've seen for sure, if Book of Mormon is half as good it will be an enjoyable evening

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Hope things are alright with you dude.
                                    Hitch resurfaced this afternoon(on WhatsApp) anyway in case anyone was worried. We didn't feck off to Havana for the day. Having enough issues with with one fubared marriage without contributing to one.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone watching the rugby matches on Amazon Prime BTW? Coverage is surprisingly decent, they're going to some effort. Deep deep deep pockets I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        We are frontline. It's not something where you can be mr neutral. Stop thinking you can play both sides, you are either committed to the EU or you aren't.

So yeah, we'll be in the middle of it. But obviously on Team EU.
                                        Very much the frontline, we (the EU) need to get right behind it, escalate rapidly, show them we mean business with shock and awe tactics that will have them capitulate before Christmas. If we go for any middle ground trying to negotiate with them as if they were playing fair then it will be us on the frontline dying face down in the mud. Fuck them if this is the way they want to carry on.

Comment

Anyone watching the rugby matches on Amazon Prime BTW? Coverage is surprisingly decent, they're going to some effort. Deep deep deep pockets I suppose.
                                          Yup. Its been good all day, and top quality streaming tbh.

Comment

The Japanese showing us how it's done in Southern California.

Comment

Very much the frontline, we (the EU) need to get right behind it, escalate rapidly, show them we mean business with shock and awe tactics that will have them capitulate before Christmas. If we go for any middle ground trying to negotiate with them as if they were playing fair then it will be us on the frontline dying face down in the mud. Fuck them if this is the way they want to carry on.
                                              According to Brussels sauce #2 (works in the Commission), that is very much the mood music over there now. They finally realise Boris can't be trusted, even the Germans who were very much the moderating influence in the first negotiations.

Be careful what you wish for and all that...

Comment

The Japanese showing us how it's done in Southern California.
                                                Time for some Aloha Spirit in the next.

Comment

Fucking BOOM. Some finish.

Comment

Fucking BOOM. Some finish.
                                                    Razor tight. At some angles looked like it was just beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Razor tight. At some angles looked like it was just beaten.
                                                      My first impression was fist pumpage but your eye is always drawn to the closer and the other lad looked to have dipped on the line.

Anyway, . 2/3 now and a second.

I'll let you know the winner of the next in due course.

Comment

Pearls Galore was the thinking of the wily auld fella in the pub last night

Comment

Playing Get Stormy e/w with 5 places for Canada.

Got to go round the globe with my picks here.

Comment

Playing Get Stormy e/w with 5 places for Canada.

Got to go round the globe with my picks here.
                                                            Held on for 5th at 25/1.

Winner in the next will be along after I pour another glass.

Comment

Playing Royal Flag in the next.

Comment

Held on for 5th at 25/1.
                                                                :
                                                                Just pipped for 4th you mean!
                                                                Prize money for 4th $140K for 5th $0.00

Same structure for Ronan and Ado McGuinness in the sprint, beaten by the shortest of heads into 5th

Comment

Playing Royal Flag in the next.
                                                                  HAve it in a RFC with Letruska

Comment

Just pipped for 4th you mean!
                                                                    Prize money for 4th $140K for 5th $0.00

Same structure for Ronan and Ado McGuinness in the sprint, beaten by the shortest of heads into 5th
                                                                    Ouch.

Wonder how much it costs to ship a horse + connections? Any ideas.

Comment

HAve it in a RFC with Letruska
                                                                      It's fucked so.

I did like the feature they did on Letruska where the trainer, assistant trainer and stable lad were all as fat as fuck. If she has to carry them in a regular basis, she probably thinks race day is like a holiday.

Comment

Oisin Murphy, some ride.

Comment

if Book of Mormon is half as good it will be an enjoyable evening
                                                                          I was at it yesterday. I had seen it before but still enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time. Would recommend anyone pop along to it.

Comment

I had Marche Lorraine there. Have a nice lump on Tarnawa, trying to recoup Arc losses.
                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Ouch.

Wonder how much it costs to ship a horse + connections? Any ideas.
                                                                              We reckoned they wouldn't see change out of 30K. If you add in the cost of supplementing for the L'abbaye you'll have put a fair dent in the 220K pot it won there. That's what it's for though I don't know anything about the owner but I doubt he'll have any regrets.

Comment

Aftertiming thread is elsewhere.

Going for Yibir here. Tarnawa had a hard race in Paris.

Comment

I haven't had a winner all night. Only one that was close was the Dr. Had a massive €2.50ew on it, don't be that guy
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I haven't had a winner all night. Only one that was close was the Dr. Had a massive €2.50ew on it, don't be that guy
                                                                                    You said you had Marche Lorraine?

Comment

FUCKING BOOM.

Again.

Comment

Some weekend for Godolphin.

Comment

Playing Max Player in the Classic, sure why not.

Comment

56 year old jockey in the next. Must be extremely abnormal in this class of racing?

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                              56 year old jockey in the next. Must be extremely abnormal in this class of racing?
                                                                                              Flat jockeys can keep going for a very long time. Frankie Dettori is over 50 too.

Comment

Just watched O Brother where art thou again.

It has to be the finest movie ever made.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Re. the possibility of a Trade War with the UK. I mean I know that the Tories arent the sharpest but surely taking a step that would ultimately lead to a trade war would cap all the dumb things they have done in the last 5 years.

In order to give effect to a trade war you need the people, the infrastructure and the IT capacity to actually enforce the trade defence measures - they currently have none of these. It wouldnt be so much a trade war but an obliteration.

And thats before we even get into the International fall out from such a move.

Comment

All the recent years of volunteering to do the shopping to get some ME time away from the kids has backfired now they are older. Im lumbered with it. Note - The price of groceries has sneaked up so much I'm turning my nose up at the ALDI middle aisle. No fun anymore when you cant buy a foot spa that also turns the water different colours whilst playing Astrid Gilberto for 40 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                      Re. the possibility of a Trade War with the UK. I mean I know that the Tories arent the sharpest but surely taking a step that would ultimately lead to a trade war would cap all the dumb things they have done in the last 5 years.

In order to give effect to a trade war you need the people, the infrastructure and the IT capacity to actually enforce the trade defence measures - they currently have none of these. It wouldnt be so much a trade war but an obliteration.

The one thing I've taken from the last 5 years is that not only would the Tories allow a trade war to happen, they would have a way (either planned in advance or work it out as they go along) to further line their own pockets and that of their mates as a result of it.

Comment

Hard to believe it's just one year ago today since this <words fail me> moment

Four_Seasons_Total_Landscaping_press_conference.jpg

Comment

The Four Seasons (gardening centre) Philadelphia! And the porn shop next door with Rudy sweating hair dye.

A moment in the history of democracy that will surely never be forgotten.

Comment

All the signs are they will trigger Article 16.

They don't seem to be able to think through the consequences of that and the EU is no longer willing to save them from themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

The one thing I've taken from the last 5 years is that not only would the Tories allow a trade war to happen, they would have a way (either planned in advance or work it out as they go along) to further line their own pockets and that of their mates as a result of it.
                                                                                                              The all hearlded Free Ports is the only possibe angle I can see, these suddenly become far more attractive in a high tax, high tarrif territory.

I'm still not convinced they will trigger it though, they backed down pretty quickly to the French over the fishing licences.

Comment

The all hearlded Free Ports is the only possibe angle I can see, these suddenly become far more attractive in a high tax, high tarrif territory.

I'm still not convinced they will trigger it though, they backed down pretty quickly to the French over the fishing licences.
                                                                                                                I think you must be mistaken, the journalists from the Daily Express are reporting just this morning that

Macron's fishing stance backfires: EU members could force France into humiliating U-turn

EMMANUEL MACRON's defiant stand on fishing rights appears set to backfire spectacularly, as the growing possibility of a trade war between the EU and the UK looks set to punish Europeans.

By OLI SMITH
                                                                                                                07:53, Sun, Nov 7, 2021 | UPDATED: 07:55, Sun, Nov 7, 2021

Comment

The Daily Express used to annoy the shi*e out of me until I learned to read it as a comedy sketch!

Comment

All the signs are they will trigger Article 16.

They don't seem to be able to think through the consequences of that and the EU is no longer willing to save them from themselves.
                                                                                                                    I wonder are they actively trying to cede NI to us. It's the only real solution to the problem.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I wonder are they actively trying to cede NI to us. It's the only real solution to the problem.
                                                                                                                      Do you really think that's any kind of solution? A fairytale one perhaps but would be utterly chaotic in my opinion.

Comment

Have a few hours to spare in Dublin tomorrow so thinking of getting in a round of golf.

Any recommendations for somewhere that's in reasonable condition this time of year and not extortionate for a green fee?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Could be genius level metagame by Boris.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X