This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    You laugh , I was aware of a guy in college who tossed his boil in the bag rice in the kettle and boiled it a few times. Not sure did it work or was it a regular thing, but he did it
    Seems like a good choice for an anecdote base... useful ways to use appliances the wrong way...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      First there was bread, then there was eggs.

Now the rice wankers have emerged from hiding.

Can't wait to see quotidian item is next. Toilet scrubbers?
      I use nothing but the finest

Buy Toilet Brushes & Holders and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
        Seems like a good choice for an anecdote base... useful ways to use appliances the wrong way...
        Or why my kettle smokes and my tea tastes like plastic.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My flatmate in college had never seen a kettle or a toaster before (was a late 30s Italian child) and I caught him using the toaster on its side with cheese on it like you'd grill it.

I laughed at the time, but he might well have been a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Italia 90 was pretty shite overall. 94 or 82 for me.
            Ah be the memories more than the overall quality tbh. Besides there were a few crackers as well among the dross.

Comment

More importantly
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Yeah 5k isnt going to make a whole pile of difference whether you drive or not. It's a very manageable distance to walk. I've my fingers crossed for construction sites to reopen and I'll get back to work.
                May 18th for construction and outdoor workers apparently. I could handle that. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                  Ah be the memories more than the overall quality tbh. Besides there were a few crackers as well among the dross.
                  Dunno, our matches all fairly shite (albeit exciting for us). Top of my head Germany v Holland & England v Cameroon (which i missed due to Irish homecoming) were good.

Comment

No school FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      No school FFS.
                      That's the childminder sacked.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        That's the childminder sacked.
                        First thing every other country did. Seems stupid.

Comment

I've seen a recipe for cooking a whole salmon in a dishwasher.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Mostly cook basmati, found there's a few key elements.

A good rough rinse with your hands in a bowl of water to remove starch, pinching and squeezing it between your fingers until the water is white. Rinse and soak for 30 mins.

Ratios. About 160% water.

Good seal with pot lid. I use a sheet of tinfoil, press the lid down on it for a tight seal.

Timing. 15 mins on low heat (after a boil), then at least 15 mins off the heat before lifting the lid.

jesus laz, just seeing this now.
                            A kettle is a less mental way to do it.

kettle of boiling water
                            empty pan
                            put in boiling water add rice until it barely peaks over the waterline
                            stir in salt and butter
                            cover
                            fuck off for 20 mins while it simmers on med heat
                            take off heat, fluff with fork and then fuck off again for another 5-10 mins(add garlic/spices/onion/pineapple/sweetcorn here as needed)
                            fin

rice is something you cook while the stuff you really cook is going on.

Comment

Sounds a bit fishy to me, someone is codding you dude.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                It works

But you have to use......

SPOILER
                                Descaler

And....

SPOILER
                                Dishwasher salt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  jesus laz, just seeing this now.
                                  A kettle is a less mental way to do it.

kettle of boiling water
                                  empty pan
                                  put in boiling water add rice until it barely peaks over the waterline
                                  stir in salt and butter
                                  cover
                                  fuck off for 20 mins while it simmers on med heat
                                  take off heat, fluff with fork and then fuck off again for another 5-10 mins(add garlic/spices/onion/pineapple/sweetcorn here as needed)
                                  fin

rice is something you cook while the stuff you really cook is going on.
                                  Other than butter (which I'll try), there's no real difference. Don't see what value a kettle adds tbh.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Other than butter (which I'll try), there's no real difference. Don't see what value a kettle adds tbh.
                                      bringing water to boil in a pan is less efficient than boiling a kettle and pouring it in.
                                      And dont get me started on massaging the rice
                                      I got a good lol out loud @ that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        He looks like Pesci when you stick that age thing on him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          bringing water to boil in a pan is less efficient than boiling a kettle and pouring it in.
                                          And dont get me started on massaging the rice
                                          I got a good lol out loud @ that
                                          If you just go ahead and bumblefuck basmati rice by not attempting to remove the starch first you are no higher bred than a gorilla.

Comment

If you just go ahead and bumblefuck basmati rice by not attempting to remove the starch first you are no higher bred than a gorilla.
                                            there's removing starch and there's whatever form of artisanal handjobs you are performing on grains

Comment

eh, wha?

Comment

eh, wha?
                                                (Dishwasher) rack of lamb too.

Or lamb cutlet(ry).

Comment

Horse racing/Greyhounds back after May 18th? My translation is yes but nothing floating around on Twitter.
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

My turn for rice. Basmati.

Wash rice by gently rubbing it in a bowl of cold water, change the water a few times, till water clearer.

Drain rice and let it dry for 20 minutes (toss it once or twice just to assist drying)

Boil water in kettle, once boiled take a container and add a chicken stock cube, dissolve it with the boiling water.

Take saucepan and add sunflower oil (or vegetable but not olive) . Heat oil till hot. Add 1 grain of rice, it should sizzle, then add all the rice, stir vigorously, until all rice coated with oil, roughly 3 or 4 minutes on high heat.

Then take stock and pour on rice, cover the rice till stock about 2 cm above the rice. Do not stir or move the rice at this stage, put the lid on the saucepan and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes (until water evaporated) .

You can also add shallots and fry them before adding the rice. Both are delicious

Comment

Im going with the Frenchman.

Have never tried par-frying the rice, except risotto, looking forward to giving that a go.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Asking for a friend how do you encourage Arsenic in Rice ?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          Maybe he meant a fishwasher

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            My turn for rice. Basmati.

Wash rice by gently rubbing it in a bowl of cold water, change the water a few times, till water clearer.

Drain rice and let it dry for 20 minutes (toss it once or twice just to assist drying)

Boil water in kettle, once boiled take a container and add a chicken stock cube, dissolve it with the boiling water.

Take saucepan and add sunflower oil (or vegetable but not olive) . Heat oil till hot. Add 1 grain of rice, it should sizzle, then add all the rice, stir vigorously, until all rice coated with oil, roughly 3 or 4 minutes on high heat.

Then take stock and pour on rice, cover the rice till stock about 2 cm above the rice. Do not stir or move the rice at this stage, put the lid on the saucepan and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes (until water evaporated) .

You can also add shallots and fry them before adding the rice. Both are delicious

Close but butter

(And you measure the liquid exactly double the volume of the rice)
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No distant trips anywhere until July 20th is fairly harsh too.

Comment

Phase One (18 May)
                                                                • Outdoor workers like builders and gardeners will be able to return to work.
                                                                • Some retail outlets - like garden centres, hardware stores, electrical stores, homewares and repair shops - will reopen at this point.
                                                                • Some outdoor sporting activities, in small groups with a maximum of four people, will also be allowed.
                                                                • Outdoor public sports amenities like football and rugby pitches, tennis courts and golf courses will be reopened where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites where people are "non-stationary" and can maintain social distancing
                                                                • It will also be possible to meet up to four friends and family from other households outdoors while maintaining strict social distancing

Phase Two (8 June)
                                                                • Workers that can maintain a 2 metre distance from colleagues constantly will be allowed to return to work
                                                                • Remote working will be maintained for all those who can do so
                                                                • Small retail outlets with small number of staff will be allowed reopen on the basis that the retailer can control the number of individuals that staff and customers interact with at any one time
                                                                • Livestock marts where social distancing can be maintained will be reopened
                                                                • Restrictions on exercise will be extended from within 5 kilometres of your home to 20km
                                                                • Specific retail hours will be designated across all retailers for people who are cocooning. Visits to the homes of those who are cocooning will also be permitted where they involve a small number of people for a short period of time using personal protective equipment and observing social distancing
                                                                • Up to four people will be allowed visit other households for a "short period" while maintaining social distancing
                                                                • Public libraries will be reopened with limited numbers
                                                                • People will be permitted to engage in outdoor sporting and fitness activities, involving small group team sports training (but not matches) where social distancing can be maintained and where there is no contact

Phase Three (29 June)
                                                                • Organisations where employees have low levels of daily interaction with people and where social distancing can be maintained will be allowed reopen
                                                                • Crèches, childminders and preschools will reopen for children of essential workers in phased manner with social distancing and other requirements applying
                                                                • Phase in the opening of all other non-essential retail outlets on basis of restriction on the number of staff and customers per square metre so that social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • This is to be limited to retail outlets with street-level entrance and exit, for example those which are not in enclosed shopping centres, due to higher risk
                                                                • Open playgrounds where social distancing and hygiene can be maintained
                                                                • Permit "behind closed doors" sporting activities events where arrangements are in place to enable participants to maintain social distancing
                                                                • Open cafés and restaurants providing on-premises food and drink where they can comply with social distancing measures and strict cleaning in operation

Phase Four (20 July)
                                                                • Commence loosening restrictions on higher-risk services like hairdressers and barbers that involve direct physical contact for periods of time between people and for which there is a population-wide demand.
                                                                • At this point, travel outside of your region will be permitted.
                                                                • Slightly larger number of people may visit another household for a short period of time while maintaining social distancing.
                                                                • Small social gatherings by family and close friends limited to a maximum number of attendees for a limited period of time where social distancing can be maintained. For example this will cover small weddings and baptisms
                                                                • Small social (non-family) gatherings will be allowed, limited to a maximum number of participants for a limited period of time where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • Re-opening of crèches, childminders and preschools for children of all other workers on a gradually increasing phased basis (for example one day per week) and slowly increasing thereafter
                                                                • Organisations where employees cannot remote work to be considered first for return to onsite working arrangements
                                                                • It is suggested that staggered hours should be operated to increase the number of workers available for work in any 24-hour period, as long as they can limit the number of workers interacting with each other
                                                                • Museums, art galleries, and other cultural outlets where people are non-stationary, social distancing can be maintained and strict hand hygiene on entry
                                                                • Religious and places of worship where social distancing can be maintained will be re-opened.
                                                                • Permit sports team leagues (for example soccer and GAA), but only where limitations are placed on the numbers of spectators and where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • Re-open public swimming pools where effective cleaning can be carried out and social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • Re-opening of hotels, hostels, caravan parks, holiday parks for social and tourist activities initially on a limited occupancy basis (or number of people per square metre) and then increasing over time (and where social distancing is complied with). Hotel bars will remain closed

Phase Five (10 August)
                                                                • This stage will see the lifting of almost all restrictions. However "large social gatherings" such as large weddings will continue to be restricted due to risk
                                                                • Pubs, bars, nightclubs and casinos, will be reopened where social distancing and strict cleaning can be complied with
                                                                • Visiting rules for hospitals, residential healthcare centre and other residential settings, including prisons, will return to normal
                                                                • Opening of enclosed shopping centres where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • Further loosening of restrictions on services involving direct physical contact for periods of time between people for which there is not a population-wide demand (such as tattooing and piercing)
                                                                • Theatres and cinemas will re-open where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • Sports that involve close physical contact, like rugby, boxing and wrestling, will resume
                                                                • Gyms, exercise, dance studios and sports clubs will be allowed reopen where regular and effective cleaning can be carried out and social distancing can be maintained
                                                                • Spectator sporting events which involve mass gatherings will be allowed resume in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers restrictions and where social distancing can be complied with
                                                                • Indoor recreational venues, such as roller skating rinks, bowling alleys and bingo halls, will be allowed reopen where numbers can be limited, cleaning can be maintained, restrictions where social distancing can be complied with
                                                                • Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings will be allowed take place in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with
                                                                • Schools and universities will return at the beginning of the 2020/2021 academic year
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                  Horse racing/Greyhounds back after May 18th? My translation is yes but nothing floating around on Twitter.
                                                                  All info here.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    The situation in India is very bad for a huge number of people. They are in lockdown like us. There are enormous numbers of day labourers who have no work, no income, and consequently no food for their families.

I get pictures sent daily by my Indian friend of him out delivering essential rations to the poorest of families who are literally starving due to the lockdown.

The worst hit are the poorest of the poor, the Dalit ("untouchable") community. If you can in any way afford it I urge you to donate to the charity Karuna which works with this community in India and Nepal. Here is their appeal on their website.

I have seen the costings that my friend sent me which had a breakdown of what the essential rations cost, it's tiny by our standards (as in €2.50 per family of 6/7 people). I bought a book last week for €30 on Amazon and felt guilty all week that I could have helped a dozen families not bloody starve by adding that to the amount I sent that week. For a bloody book!

Anyway, please consider helping our friends in India, any amount you can give will make a bigger difference than you could imagine. Cheers.

The Charity Appeal address again is:
                                                                    https://www.karuna.org/coronavirus-crisis
                                                                    Our eldest was meant to be going to India as part of a medical volunteer team. She was going for 3 weeks, obv all changed now and she wont be going. She will no doubt go the following year.

Comment

I have cooked salmon in the dishwasher a few times. I don't eat fish myself, but those who did have it said it was really nice.

Comment

Did you know that you can wash a load of dishes *while* cooking salmon in your dishwasher? Talk about doing two things at once.

Dishwasher Salmon !

Comment

All info here.

I have read that after and my take is June 29th for Horse Racing and Greyhounds. I would say this is longer than was expected if my reading of it is correct.
                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Shopping centres 10th August fml

I'm on full pay with sky with an average commission but fuck me no money is worth this shit.

How the fuck do people stay on the dole for years,. I want to go back to work tomorrow
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Nothing to do with the announcement of the schools being off until September but I decided to inventory my remaining frog food stocks.

We have:
                                                                              • 22 * Red Bordeaux (mostly good gear that requires the permission of the Chief Wine Buyer before opening)
                                                                              • 6 * Red Burgundy
                                                                              • 5 * other reds
                                                                              • 1 bottle of De Toren Fusion V 2009 discovered down the back of the pile. The very last bottle of a stash bought from the winemaker himself in Johannesburg and smuggled home wrapped in towels robbed from the Johannesburg Hilton
                                                                              • 6 * White Loire random bottles
                                                                              • 6 * regional whites
                                                                              • 6 * White Bordeaux
                                                                              • 4 * White Alsace
                                                                              • 4 * Picpoul de Pinet
                                                                              • 5 bottles of sparkling, including 2 vintage Champagnes. Drinking one of those tomorrow.
                                                                              • 2 bottles of dessert wine
                                                                              • 2 sweet red wines (why, I have no idea)
                                                                              • 3 bottles of cidre, bought from the fermier
                                                                              • 1 bottle of tawny Port, donated by Lao Lao. Owe you something in return
                                                                              • 13 individual tinned meals, mostly cassoulet or lentilles with Toulouse sausage
                                                                              • 7 double portions of the same
                                                                              • 3 jars of rillettes
                                                                              • 1 jar of pate de dimanche
                                                                              • 3 tins of duck in its own fat.

Will probably survive the weekend.

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Those phases are the very best case scenario too, could easily be big setbacks along the way an we get nowhere close to phase 5 by August.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

How to cook rice:

Put some in a saucepan, bag optional. Put water in. Turn up heat. Once water overflows, wipe with a cloth, curse, put saucepan back on lower heat. After a period of time see does it look done. If yes, get rid of water and put rice on plate. If too much rice, curse and throw away excess rice. Eat dinner.

Comment

I have never ever ever been political or had any leanings whatsoever.

But feeling utter rage watching this flaccid fucking bullshit with Tubs and Leo , laughing away, not a single real question asked and what's more dangerous messages being sent. What fucking utter bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

But feeling utter rage watching this flaccid fucking bullshit with Tubs and Leo , laughing away, not a single real question asked and what's more dangerous messages being sent. What fucking utter bullshit.
                                                                                        You ok Hun?

Comment

...

Comment

I haven't watched the LLS since Gaybo retired. I regret not stopping earlier.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                              Shopping centres 10th August fml

I'm on full pay with sky with an average commission but fuck me no money is worth this shit.

How the fuck do people stay on the dole for years,. I want to go back to work tomorrow
                                                                                              You were the one on here and on Facebook crying out for a lockdown. Now you have it, you're still complaining. Just shows that the politicians cant win.

Comment

What questions would you have liked to be asked?

Comment

You were the one on here and on Facebook crying out for a lockdown. Now you have it, you're still complaining. Just shows that the politicians cant win.
                                                                                                  Oh would you ever fuck off. Its obv a bit of a shock that we're last to open.

Jesus you rightly have the needle with me lately havent you!
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    Oh would you ever fuck off. Its obv a bit of a shock that we're last to open.

Jesus you rightly have the needle with me lately havent you!
                                                                                                    I've no needle with you and not sure what would give you that impression. Cant have it both ways though. You either wanted a lockdown or didnt. No point complaining when you literally get what you were crying for.

Comment

Think Gov is playing this perfectly.

Min risk, instant releases & clear road map to provide some optimism/sight of an ending.

Clever part is giving ourselves the headroom to get the testing to where it needs to be, which is the key to unlocking this.

Also lets us assess other countries who are ahead of us with easing and see what works and what doesnt and adjust plan as needed.

We have the virus by the balls in the community and could open up more but taking the 2 weeks is the optimum play here
                                                                                                      Last edited by Fullof..It; 01-05-20, 21:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                        Phase One (18 May)
                                                                                                        • Outdoor workers like builders and gardeners will be able to return to work.
                                                                                                        • Some retail outlets - like garden centres, hardware stores, electrical stores, homewares and repair shops - will reopen at this point.
                                                                                                        • Some outdoor sporting activities, in small groups with a maximum of four people, will also be allowed.
                                                                                                        • Outdoor public sports amenities like football and rugby pitches, tennis courts and golf courses will be reopened where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites where people are "non-stationary" and can maintain social distancing
                                                                                                        • It will also be possible to meet up to four friends and family from other households outdoors while maintaining strict social distancing

Phase Two (8 June)
                                                                                                        • Workers that can maintain a 2 metre distance from colleagues constantly will be allowed to return to work
                                                                                                        • Remote working will be maintained for all those who can do so
                                                                                                        • Small retail outlets with small number of staff will be allowed reopen on the basis that the retailer can control the number of individuals that staff and customers interact with at any one time
                                                                                                        • Livestock marts where social distancing can be maintained will be reopened
                                                                                                        • Restrictions on exercise will be extended from within 5 kilometres of your home to 20km
                                                                                                        • Specific retail hours will be designated across all retailers for people who are cocooning. Visits to the homes of those who are cocooning will also be permitted where they involve a small number of people for a short period of time using personal protective equipment and observing social distancing
                                                                                                        • Up to four people will be allowed visit other households for a "short period" while maintaining social distancing
                                                                                                        • Public libraries will be reopened with limited numbers
                                                                                                        • People will be permitted to engage in outdoor sporting and fitness activities, involving small group team sports training (but not matches) where social distancing can be maintained and where there is no contact

Phase Three (29 June)
                                                                                                        • Organisations where employees have low levels of daily interaction with people and where social distancing can be maintained will be allowed reopen
                                                                                                        • Crèches, childminders and preschools will reopen for children of essential workers in phased manner with social distancing and other requirements applying
                                                                                                        • Phase in the opening of all other non-essential retail outlets on basis of restriction on the number of staff and customers per square metre so that social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • This is to be limited to retail outlets with street-level entrance and exit, for example those which are not in enclosed shopping centres, due to higher risk
                                                                                                        • Open playgrounds where social distancing and hygiene can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Permit "behind closed doors" sporting activities events where arrangements are in place to enable participants to maintain social distancing
                                                                                                        • Open cafés and restaurants providing on-premises food and drink where they can comply with social distancing measures and strict cleaning in operation

Phase Four (20 July)
                                                                                                        • Commence loosening restrictions on higher-risk services like hairdressers and barbers that involve direct physical contact for periods of time between people and for which there is a population-wide demand.
                                                                                                        • At this point, travel outside of your region will be permitted.
                                                                                                        • Slightly larger number of people may visit another household for a short period of time while maintaining social distancing.
                                                                                                        • Small social gatherings by family and close friends limited to a maximum number of attendees for a limited period of time where social distancing can be maintained. For example this will cover small weddings and baptisms
                                                                                                        • Small social (non-family) gatherings will be allowed, limited to a maximum number of participants for a limited period of time where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Re-opening of crèches, childminders and preschools for children of all other workers on a gradually increasing phased basis (for example one day per week) and slowly increasing thereafter
                                                                                                        • Organisations where employees cannot remote work to be considered first for return to onsite working arrangements
                                                                                                        • It is suggested that staggered hours should be operated to increase the number of workers available for work in any 24-hour period, as long as they can limit the number of workers interacting with each other
                                                                                                        • Museums, art galleries, and other cultural outlets where people are non-stationary, social distancing can be maintained and strict hand hygiene on entry
                                                                                                        • Religious and places of worship where social distancing can be maintained will be re-opened.
                                                                                                        • Permit sports team leagues (for example soccer and GAA), but only where limitations are placed on the numbers of spectators and where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Re-open public swimming pools where effective cleaning can be carried out and social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Re-opening of hotels, hostels, caravan parks, holiday parks for social and tourist activities initially on a limited occupancy basis (or number of people per square metre) and then increasing over time (and where social distancing is complied with). Hotel bars will remain closed

Phase Five (10 August)
                                                                                                        • This stage will see the lifting of almost all restrictions. However "large social gatherings" such as large weddings will continue to be restricted due to risk
                                                                                                        • Pubs, bars, nightclubs and casinos, will be reopened where social distancing and strict cleaning can be complied with
                                                                                                        • Visiting rules for hospitals, residential healthcare centre and other residential settings, including prisons, will return to normal
                                                                                                        • Opening of enclosed shopping centres where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Further loosening of restrictions on services involving direct physical contact for periods of time between people for which there is not a population-wide demand (such as tattooing and piercing)
                                                                                                        • Theatres and cinemas will re-open where social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Sports that involve close physical contact, like rugby, boxing and wrestling, will resume
                                                                                                        • Gyms, exercise, dance studios and sports clubs will be allowed reopen where regular and effective cleaning can be carried out and social distancing can be maintained
                                                                                                        • Spectator sporting events which involve mass gatherings will be allowed resume in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers restrictions and where social distancing can be complied with
                                                                                                        • Indoor recreational venues, such as roller skating rinks, bowling alleys and bingo halls, will be allowed reopen where numbers can be limited, cleaning can be maintained, restrictions where social distancing can be complied with
                                                                                                        • Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings will be allowed take place in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with
                                                                                                        • Schools and universities will return at the beginning of the 2020/2021 academic year

Anyone with children here thinking letting kids into a creche in phase 4 is mad? you cant socially distance children and it's a lot of work asking someone on 12€ ph to ensure this happens

Dont think I will send my ones back at this time might hold them out longer... although i could be completely proved wrong but we seriously dont see how this could work, Funny people in a nightclub and children in a creche would be the same to me here

Also no where do i see plans in to instate a sick pay scheme, One of the main reasons for sicknesses in work is lower paid staff come into work even though they are sick, then sickness spreads through office, think cleaners, canteen, warehouse personal etc if there was a sick pay scheme people could take the time off to ensure they dont get other people sick

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                          Think Gov is playing this perfectly.

Min risk, instant releases & clear road map to provide some optimism/sight of an ending.

Clever part is giving ourselves the headroom to get the testing to where it needs to be, which is the key to unlocking this.

Also lets us assess other countries who are ahead of us with easing and see what works and what doesnt and adjust plan as needed.

We have the virus by the balls in the community and could open up more but taking the 2 weeks is the optimum play here
                                                                                                          I found the last week fairly tough to be honest but having any semblance of a plan laid out this evening was like a weight lifting off the chest.

Comment

I would like to ask where has the platform gone for actual journalistic enquiry in all this.

I'd like to ask why we the initial projections for death have been as far off as they are.

More so, I'd like those more knowledgable and impassioned than me to be given a platform to ask relevant questions and for us the generally sedated public to maybe spark into enquiry ourselves.

Should we expect more from the Late Late show than the tone and general flaccid and nauseating exchange there in this particular climate?

Fuck me. Yes. We should.

Comment

...

Comment

Sometimes the late late delivers

"Give nanny a big hug"

Comment

You wouldn't get a chicken fillet roll out of her.

Comment

...

Comment

Latest BCS.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Frightening how bad Kim doesn't want to be on her own...the self destruct she will do, don't think it's she loves Jimmy so much, just fear of being alone...you could see the gears grinding when she came back to the hotel and he was splitting up with her...fuck, that's so sad.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

The point of the Leo interview there was to disseminate today's new information.

I'd have been pissed off myself if it was a grilling session, 'why didn't you do this, why did you do that' and other boloxology.

People want to know the way forward. The interview served that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          wow the UK is a clusterfck.

.......
                                                                                                                          Did I read somewhere that the only way they got to the 100,000 tests by the end of the week, was to test people twice on the last two days?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X