Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an niggling idea of wanting to watch some Nicholas Cage movies. There's Leaving Las Vegas, there's the classic bad movies, but are there some truly brilliant movies? I suspect some of his earlier stuff is genius. But maybe those movies have aged badly. In a different genre, I tried to watch Caddyshack recently, and it was painfully bad due to aging.

Also have the same question for Woody Allen movies. Could never really get into them, but suspect there are some proper gems there.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Had an niggling idea of wanting to watch some Nicholas Cage movies. There's Leaving Las Vegas, there's the classic bad movies, but are there some truly brilliant movies? I suspect some of his earlier stuff is genius. But maybe those movies have aged badly. In a different genre, I tried to watch Caddyshack recently, and it was painfully bad due to aging.

Also have the same question for Woody Allen movies. Could never really get into them, but suspect there are some proper gems there.
      Adaptation and Matchstick men are probably my 2 favs
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Wild at Heart is a Nick Cage movie that still stands out.

Woody Allen is a bit more difficult, what with the paedo accusations. Some of the jokes just aren't funny or even acceptable anymore. Re-watched 'Hannah and her Sisters' recently and I still love it.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
          Looking at getting an en-suite bathroom renovated and being messed around by time wasters, can't even get someone to come out and quote. Need to fit a new shower, tiling and possibly some plumbing required. I'm based in the midlands. Is anyone able to make a BBV recommendation here?
          What part of the midlands young man
          i might have a few contacts

Comment

Con Air is spectacularly good

Comment

@DP - I think you posted about it in the wrong bbv with your super priveleges. But the naming of 'Pandora' for the tax doc leaks is so stupid. It's far too close to Panama when written that I'd say most people think it's an old story. Or at least thats what I thought yesterday when reading about it.
              Yep, I made that mistake yesterday too...

Comment

His latest film Pig is brilliant imo.

Comment

topical

Comment

love leaving las vegas personally. also love Birdy (soundtrack is brilliant also), bad lieutenant (new orleans) and lord of war.

seen a lot of woody allen, and am not really a fan in general although i really liked sleeper and bullets over broadway, although not seen them for aaaaages so they might have aged really badly

Comment

I remember Lord of War as being v good
                      airport, lol

Comment

Face off…

Comment

Captain Corellis Mandolin (for Penelope)

Comment

I bought this because Istanbul made me think it was a good idea. It looks a bit extravagant.

I'd stay clear of Solks's brother wearing that!

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

What part of the midlands young man
                              i might have a few contacts
                              Cheers, I'm in Mullingar.

This is great, haven't been called a young man in ages. I'll be getting carded at the pub next

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before but there is a really simple hack to ironing shirts that always works.

At the end of a working week, you take the 5 worn shirts, drop them into your local dry cleaner and they wash and iron all five of them for €10.

It's super simple

Comment

Mandy and Raising Arizona are stonking good flicks.
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A beautiful level of patronizing from the school on how to get the kids into school on time.

uIbRvGZ.png

Comment

I liked The Purple Rose of Cairo. The HBO documentary Allen v. Farrow is well worth a watch although a bit unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

There is a reason it is reduced by that amount
                                        I like it

I also really like this place
                                        Discover the FatFace men's collection, bursting with great new styles to see you through the season in style!
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Oh yeah, Lord of War is a film I can never turn off, love it.

Comment

@DP - I think you posted about it in the wrong bbv with your super priveleges. But the naming of 'Pandora' for the tax doc leaks is so stupid. It's far too close to Panama when written that I'd say most people think it's an old story. Or at least thats what I thought yesterday when reading about it.
                                            Ooops
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

We just need someone to mention National Treasure and we've got them all. I'm picking up from this that every Nicholas Cage movie is brilliant, and will act accordingly. I wonder would it feel odd or great to watch, say, ten movies in a row by the same actor? You'd probably end up with this deep personal connection to how they are as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

cheap shirt <<<<< a good branded shirt <<<<<< a made to measure shirt

Denny is supposed to research this matter and revert to us urgently.
                                                I looked at Modern Tailor but I think it's lower quality than Tailors Mark.

I'll continue the search.

Comment

We just need someone to mention National Treasure and we've got them all. I'm picking up from this that every Nicholas Cage movie is brilliant, and will act accordingly. I wonder would it feel odd or great to watch, say, ten movies in a row by the same actor? You'd probably end up with this deep personal connection to how they are as a person.
                                                  Be careful

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    Con Air is spectacularly good
                                                    Put the bunny back in the box

Comment

BBV is collectively on the wind up today

Comment

Con Air and Gone in 60 seconds would fill your evening nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Cheers, I'm in Mullingar.

This is great, haven't been called a young man in ages. I'll be getting carded at the pub next
                                                          Hi

i sent u a message with a contact on it
                                                          give him a call and see can he help u

Comment

First evening of community college this evening. I'm going to become a home DIY king, while my wife has enrolled in cushion arranging, aka interior design. Going to have to peek in the door of 101 Angels, just to see who is attracted to that type of brilliance.

0LfwjKS.png

Comment

First evening of community college this evening. I'm going to become a home DIY king, while my wife has enrolled in cushion arranging, aka interior design. Going to have to peek in the door of 101 Angels, just to see who is attracted to that type of brilliance.
                                                              Kids babysitting themselves by now already?

Comment

If your on the hunt for good nick cage films - Joe is worth a watch if your looking for dark cage rather than action cage.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                  The McCanns guide to parenting
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                    We have an endless stream of hot 20-somethings-in-your-area on call as babysitters.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Con Air and Gone in 60 seconds would fill your evening nicely.
                                                                      If you were looking for a reason to end it all maybe

Comment

There's an excellent Cage film called Bringing Out The Dead where he's an ambulance driver. It's excellent.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A lot of love for Nicholas Cage here today.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Interesting outage that seems to go away if I use VPN.
                                                                            DNS issues at vf it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              A lot of love for Nicholas Cage here today.
                                                                              They are either really fucking good or really fucking bad.
                                                                              One thing the Cager isn't is boring.

Comment

Was in this house today. Some gaff.

It's mad, no matter how amazing the house, the woman always says 'don't mind the state of the place'

She would drop dead of shock walking in my door

Aurora, Mount Merrion Avenue,....comprises a truly unique newly built contemporary detached family home positioned on this highly sought after road in the heart of Blackrock.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Interesting outage that seems to go away if I use VPN.
                                                                                  DNS issues at vf it seems
                                                                                  Never changed DNS on my router, silly me
                                                                                  Updated now to

1.1.1.1
                                                                                  and
                                                                                  8.8.8.8

Back with a connected home

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Never changed DNS on my router, silly me
                                                                                    Updated now to

1.1.1.1
                                                                                    and
                                                                                    8.8.8.8

Back with a connected home
                                                                                    Can you get on to Zuckerberg and help him fix his shit too

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Its mad how you can be so wrong on something. 2 classics

Comment

There are literally 100s of better movies . Ye are all gone mad Ted

Comment

I'm nearly 100% sure I saw Mr Cage in a bookies in Moate . I remember thinking he had a real culchie head on him

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

So your sayin these are the two movies you’d watch before you’d die? Some endorsement

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                              Was in this house today. Some gaff.

It's mad, no matter how amazing the house, the woman always says 'don't mind the state of the place'

She would drop dead of shock walking in my door

https://dmvf.ie/project/hamilton-lod...mount-merrion/
                                                                                              Lovely house, but seems a bit exposed no? Could definitely do with more shrubbery between the house and road

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Lovely house, but seems a bit exposed no? Could definitely do with more shrubbery between the house and road
                                                                                                There's a decent high wall and gate at the front but yeah, very visible. I'd say a decade or so of hedge growth would sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

There are literally 100s of better movies . Ye are all gone mad Ted
                                                                                                  Of course there are. Probably 1000s. But the request was for Nic Cage movies. Aul Nic was always a real marmite type chap. Personally I love the huge over acting and complete nonsense of his films

Comment

Speaking of nonsense. We finished Squid Game today. Jaysus, what a show. Left nicely open for season 2 also and weirdly, I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Excellent Nick Cage-themed grindcore album here. Wish I'd have thought of it...

https://cagegrindnoir.bandcamp.com/album/pilots- Song 3, Vampire's Kiss is my favourite, however given songs no. 1 and 2 (Con Air and The Rock) are respectively a mere 33 secs and 28 secs long I feel it would be a shame not to hear them out.

Basically you've got the entire Cage oeuvre here condensed into 19 mins of dear old Nicolas losing his shit.

Comment

Of course there are. Probably 1000s. But the request was for Nic Cage movies. Aul Nic was always a real marmite type chap. Personally I love the huge over acting and complete nonsense of his films
                                                                                                        Ah yer right .

Comment

Speaking of nonsense. We finished Squid Game today. Jaysus, what a show. Left nicely open for season 2 also and weirdly, I'm really looking forward to it.
                                                                                                          Indirect spoiler there.

I think it's a bit overhyped while still being a decent watch.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Just cut to the chase and type "nic cage loses his shit" into youtube and you'll get all the hits. Wickerman is probably the best film of all time. The remake not the Christopher Lee shite.

Comment

Tomorrow will be Tom Cruise Day
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just wrapped up Squid Game myself.

Outrageous how good it was.

Anyone any tips for where to look online for really good hot take type reviews?

Comment

I feel I've already saved thousands based on tonight's electricity in the house part of the DIY course alone. Loved every moment of it. Yer one from the back of the class exclaiming about the calcium build up on her immersion and the guy talking about how calcium builds up above 65 degrees so you need to turn the temperature down. And then the five minute side conversation about other handy immersion tricks. And the further five minute side conversation where the guy remembers how he made money in the 1990s fixing motorbikes and talking about that for a bit. And he's an oldish guy who just loves DIY and the passion has us all following his every word within a few minutes of the class. And we're queuing up to check electricity connection wands as "until you've used one you don't really know". It's all just lovely.

Comment

Capture.JPG
                                                                                                                    And that's being generous. The original 1974 version is also terrible, but slightly less so.

Comment

Not sure why supposedly respectable news orgs reporting on a Facebook outage as if shops have run out of food?
                                                                                                                      hopefully it’s some kind of cyber terrorist attack and they are crippled for good- genuinely Nothing of value to be lost
                                                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

No bad lieutenant 2 cage love?
                                                                                                                        not as good as the original but still
                                                                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                                          Not sure why supposedly respectable news orgs reporting on a Facebook outage as if shops have run out of food?
                                                                                                                          hopefully it’s some kind of cyber terrorist attack and they are crippled for good- genuinely Nothing of value to be lost
                                                                                                                          I enjoyed the break from WhatsApp immensely today.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X