This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Just waiting for the Sky commentators to start ranting about the useless Irish (players and captain). It'll come.
    You clearly dont watch it often. They would only slag off the renegades like Bryson or Reid. A European player would have to putt with his todger to be called out. And they keep apologising about the swearing.
    . Ironically I miss Peter Alliss , a bit stuffy but at least amusing.

Comment

Gutless Euros
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Frightening to think that if there was an election tomorrow the Tories would walk in.

What is the problem with Labour over there? Starmer seems rather competent from what i've seen.
        As we are going to find out here when SF/IRA take power, the only thing that matters any more is that you say whatever it takes in order to get elected.
        Political entities that have any hint of a democratic structure that allows membership guide things like policies or set agendas for social change are doomed to implode from the internal strife that comes with ideology. It's only highly centralised parties like the Tories who exist only to implement the policies paid for by corporate lobbyists or tightly controlled autocratic parties like SF/IRA who have the structures to send the boys around to sort out anyone who dares digress from the party line that can be populist enough to get elected.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol at calling a known cheater a “renegade”.

Tough day.

Rory being Rory. Chap just crumbles under any pressure.

After the opening session I wasn’t super down, like nothing dropped for the Euros. I think 3-1 was fair but it could have been 2-2. Casey burned a lot of edges in his match.

The afternoon session was brutal.
          Rory should have been sat.
          Not playing Sergio was dumb.
          I’d prob have gotten Poults out too and sat cheeseburger.

Not over yet though but Euros need to win 4/8 min tomorrow. 5/8 is acceptable, 6/8 is game on.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

• Brooks/Berger vs. Rahm/Sergio

• DJ/Morikawa vs. Casey/Hatton

• JT/Spieth vs. Hovland/Wiesberger

• Xander/Cantlay vs. Westwood/Fitzpatrick

Christ Podger.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              • Brooks/Berger vs. Rahm/Sergio

• DJ/Morikawa vs. Casey/Hatton

• JT/Spieth vs. Hovland/Wiesberger

• Xander/Cantlay vs. Westwood/Fitzpatrick

Christ Podger.
              Rest my case on Reid . The pendants hate him .

Looking at it optimistically.
              Rahm and Serguo the A team
              Hatton will be buoyed by his putt at the last and Casey needs to buy a putt so they could sneak it if DJ throws in one of his off rounds and Casey steps up
              JT is not quite on it despite his late rally and Hovland was decent as was Weisberger . Think they might be a bet .

Hopefully Cantlay is tiring mentally . Looked it near the end yesterday. Need the wind to keep up and fecking Westwood hits fairways

Cant believe Stricker left out Finau he was hot .

Comment

Yanks might get to 20. Some pretty shocking decisions so far but gulf in class really showing. DJ held a lot of putts yesterday afternoon and that match was pretty close (Casey missed a 3ft putt early on). Very Windy today but don’t think it matters as most of the yanks are decent wind players. Garcia not playing the afternoon being the worst. I had Finau top points scorer ew as thought he was a model to play at least 4 matches FML
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Our soon to be 5 year old loves Larry David . every rant is met with a big grin

Comment

Lol at calling a known cheater a “renegade”.

Tough day.

Rory being Rory. Chap just crumbles under any pressure.

After the opening session I wasn’t super down, like nothing dropped for the Euros. I think 3-1 was fair but it could have been 2-2. Casey burned a lot of edges in his match.

The afternoon session was brutal.
                    Rory should have been sat.
                    Not playing Sergio was dumb.
                    I’d prob have gotten Poults out too and sat cheeseburger.

Not over yet though but Euros need to win 4/8 min tomorrow. 5/8 is acceptable, 6/8 is game on.
                    Not sure why everyone’s so down we are still hang in the mix for one of the Nicklaus-Jacklin awards and it’s be still all to play for in that going down back 9 on Sunday. Spine tingling

Comment

How did you rate Napoli in terms of vibe?
                      It's pretty gritty. It's probably not even running at 80% and it is packed to the gills with life. We only did a day trip before retiring back to the rather more picturesque and quiet Sorrento.

Got pizzas from two different places repped as the greatest in the world. The queue for one place was 50 people deep at 11 in the morning. That was to sit inside, we just got ours to take away. The internet probably ruins and overhypes these places. I mean, how much better can the "best" pizza in Napoli be versus the top 5? It was pretty great though. The tomatoes they have over there are different products altogher.

I went up a side street (I'd seen a group ahead, I wasn't being a complete bumbling tourist) and when I passed a bend I seemed to have walked into a small street-level brothel.

The whole city is pretty much exactly as it's represented. clotheslines hanging across multi-story housing blocks, old couples standing in their ground floor two-room homes penetrating your soul with their gaze. You're sort of just waiting for someone to mug you.

We had dinner in a restaurant that had tables on either side of a busy lane. so you ate and drink with traffic whizzing by your nose, and the waiters having to weave through the traffic. Reminded me ever so slightly of Kampala, where people just seem to lose all sense of safety or self-preservation in a bustling city.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

It's pretty gritty. It's probably not even running at 80% and it is packed to the gills with life. We only did a day trip before retiring back to the rather more picturesque and quiet Sorrento.

Got pizzas from two different places repped as the greatest in the world. The queue for one place was 50 people deep at 11 in the morning. That was to sit inside, we just got ours to take away. The internet probably ruins and overhypes these places. I mean, how much better can the "best" pizza in Napoli be versus the top 5? It was pretty great though. The tomatoes they have over there are different products altogher.

I went up a side street (I'd seen a group ahead, I wasn't being a complete bumbling tourist) and when I passed a bend I seemed to have walked into a small street-level brothel.

The whole city is pretty much exactly as it's represented. clotheslines hanging across multi-story housing blocks, old couples standing in their ground floor two-room homes penetrating your soul with their gaze. You're sort of just waiting for someone to mug you.

We had dinner in a restaurant that had tables on either side of a busy lane. so you ate and drink with traffic whizzing by your nose, and the waiters having to weave through the traffic. Reminded me ever so slightly of Kampala, where people just seem to lose all sense of safety or self-preservation in a bustling city.
                        Yeah, I was there for a week in 2005 and that was exactly the vibe. Some life to it though and the setting is otherworldly.

Did enjoy the various shrines in all the coffee bars where it was very clear that Saint Diego (Maradona) took precedence over Jesus and the Virgin Mary!
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

12 year old in the Netherlands sues to get vaccinated against parents wishes. Fair fucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Rest my case on Reid . The pendants hate him .
                            His own parents hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

His own parents hate him.

Comment

I loved it there , bit scary crossing the street though.

Sorrento is nice but boring imo the fecking roads . The nearby Capri has the best beach I've ever been on.

Comment

I loved it there , bit scary crossing the street though..
                                  Traffic lights, including pedestrian crossings, are purely decorational. You just need to put your faith in a Higher Power, look like you mean business and step out onto the road.

The junkies running pathetically obvious scams at the train station are good entertainment.

Comment

“Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

Comment

I loved it there , bit scary crossing the street though.

Sorrento is nice but boring imo the fecking roads . The nearby Capri has the best beach I've ever been on.
                                      Yeah felt lucky to come back alive. Main streets with no footpaths.

Comment

Best footie streams? My one kaput .

Comment

I was in Napoli for a couple days at a wedding before the world ended and I echo the two boys sentiments. My time was brief but one experiences really set it out for me.

The first one, we were parking for the day and Google maps brought us to this car park by the train station, maybe 10 mins away.

We pull in and as we progress into the place it just gets darker and darker. Card everywhere. So so narrow, no space, I dunno where I’m gonna park this thing. Then a group of about 8 lads surround us. All in their tracksuits and looking very very Italian. Another 4 or 5 were sitting over a box playing cards using the light from the “office”. I really can’t explain how dark it was. Haha.

I pop the window down and lead Hillser clearly knows I’m a tourist and in broken English says they will park the car for me and it’s 10euro for the day.

Alarm bells.

Thinking back now I’m not sure what it was that convinced me to give him the keys and us to walk out but I did. I was thinking of ways to convince the rental company we were robbed as opposed to handed the keys over as we walked out.

All was well however. Maybe I shouldn’t be such a judgemental prick.

I thought the city was class though, really is such a different vibe. We spent a day in there and out to Pompeii and Vesuvius which was excellent I thought.

Apropos of nothing but since we are kinda talking golf I met Stephen Ames at the wedding, he was a friend of the bride. Got battered on scotch with him and finally plucked up the courage to ask him about Tiger. He sighed and laughed and said he prob should have kept his mouth shut. Good banter.

Comment

Also Willy if you misspelled pedants as pendants on purpose, you are a genius.

Comment

Political Rich List: Dáíl now houses 68 millionaires

This reddit thread has the full article and table in the comments for anyone interested.

Comment

Auto corrects a bollix

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                  Political Rich List: Dáíl now houses 68 millionaires

This reddit thread has the full article and table in the comments for anyone interested.
                                                  Surely they all are when you factor in the actuarial value of the pension?

Comment

Why are the Europeans wearing completely different gear today?

Is this the equivalent of Fergie removing the infamous grey shirts at half-time?

Comment

A pedant walked into a bar...well actually it was more of a microbrewery.......technically it was a restaurant as they also served food.

Comment

Surely they all are when you factor in the actuarial value of the pension?
                                                        It's a six figure job and the average age is probably 50ish?

Going to be a high number of millionaires in any cohort filtered for those two stats.

"Older people with high paying jobs who have lived through a housing and stock market boom are rich" is hardly a surprise.

Comment

It's a six figure job and the average age is probably 50ish?

Going to be a high number of millionaires in any cohort filtered for those two stats.

"Older people with high paying jobs who have lived through a housing and stock market boom are rich" is hardly a surprise.
                                                          Did they publish the list in full? (Paywalled for me)

Expecting to see the two Kerry multimillionaire men of the people up at the top.

Comment

Our soon to be 5 year old loves Larry David . every rant is met with a big grin
                                                            He is the funniest most irreverent fcuker out there( love his black housesharer too).Although I wonder how he gets away with some of the stuff he says

Comment

Lol Brooks is such a prick.

Comment

Did they publish the list in full? (Paywalled for me)

Expecting to see the two Kerry multimillionaire men of the people up at the top.
                                                                The Reddit link has the tabulated list. The boys are there, MHR is 3rd.
                                                                When including property in these assets counts, is the home included? Like is somebody mortgage free on a €1.2m home a millionaire, even if they’ve only a tenner left in the bank.

When we were kids, a “millionaire” seem like real insane wealth. Inflation has really knocked it down a peg, but I think we all hang on to a certain nostalgic association with “millionaire”.
                                                                We need a new level, above millionaire but nowhere near billionaire.

Comment

What’s the going rate for a conformation card - not a family member but good friends kid and we are being invited over to the house

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                    What’s the going rate for a conformation card - not a family member but good friends kid and we are being invited over to the house
                                                                    100 for family, 50 for others
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      When we were kids, a “millionaire” seem like real insane wealth. Inflation has really knocked it down a peg, but I think we all hang on to a certain nostalgic association with “millionaire”.
                                                                      We need a new level, above millionaire but nowhere near billionaire.
                                                                      As well, that was punts so real money.

I'd imagine a high proportion of us are millionaires once you factor property and pensions.

And imaginary tracts of land if you're HH.

Comment

I'd say you're a proper millionaire only if you have unencumbered free assets (not including your family home or pension assets) > 1m.

Which will take that high % back down to a low one.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

100 for family, 50 for others
                                                                          Perfect that’s what we were thinking

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Perfect that’s what we were thinking
                                                                            Same deal for communion? (Not a thing in COI but have one next week hence question)

Comment

If the Yurrupeens need some BBV help, I just backed the US to win the afternoon 4-0.

1/50 to win the thing. Quite the anticlimax after all the shite spouted in the buildup.

Comment

As the only two players who seem on form, was there a game-theory case for splitting up Rahm and Garcia?

Comment

Poulter \ McIlroy again WTF.

Brooks is a confirmed cnut. Intimidation of officials should not be tolerated.
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Brooks is a confirmed cnut. Intimidation of officials should not be tolerated.
                                                                                    Yep. "If i break my wrist it's fucking on the two of you" or some dirivation of that.

Not a good look.

Comment

Yes Lowry. What a drive!

​​​​​​His body language is fantastic, no fear and pumped to give it his all. Could have done with him this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Yep. "If i break my wrist it's fucking on the two of you" or some dirivation of that.

Not a good look.
                                                                                        Up it's own arse . He should get reprimanded for that

As Hotspur might say. That ref was somebody's Grandad.

Comment

The Nicklaus Jacklin award needs an accompanying Brooks Dickhead award . For balance.

Comment

Up it's own arse . He should get reprimanded for that

As Hotspur might say. That ref was somebody's Grandad.

Should but likely won't. I don't think that bs would be tolerated in many sports. Abusing refs is beyond bad form.

The happy head on Sergio. He lives for this.

Comment

Two times in Napoli. Robbed both times.

Kinda asking for it the first time. Drove through on the way to Sorrento in a rental convertible. Two lads on a moped dove into the back seat and robbed herself's make up case. A good watch in it though.

Not sure if the second time counts. Robbed by the car rental company in the airport of €300 but they were Sicilians.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Need a big day from Rory. Badly. LFG

Comment

lol Bryson is such an entitled prick.

Comment

Need a big day from Rory. Badly. LFG
                                                                                                    The whole team needs a big day. Rory needs a big day for Rory. Lads confidence is shattered. Lowry came to play today.

Comment

WHY did Podger send this fucking headcase Hatton back out. He has been the worst player on both teams by a mile.

Comment

What did Bryson do, was he moaning about being made putt out or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          What did Bryson do, was he moaning about being made putt out or something?
                                                                                                          Was made put out a 2.5 footer for par. After he made it, he put his putter down to show how short it was, and stared over at his opponents indignantly.

JT and Lowry have both complained about not getting gimmes either which is also pathetic btw (not just Bryson).

Imagine feeling so entitled as to think your opponent should just GIVE you a shot. Give me a break.

Good drama though, matches looking spicy.

Edit its even funnier since Brysons putter is like 10 inches longer than normal.

Comment

Should have been given it cause it was less than the length of his putter apparently.

Comment

That said, I've a buddy who is a +4 cap, and a legitimately tour level putter.
                                                                                                              And if I make him put out a 4 or 5 footer he simply says deadpan "we are wasting time", walks it in, and look at me. He's yet to miss one when we play matches that I can recall.

Which is pretty funny.

Comment

Good Man Koepka. Breathe some life into this thing

Comment

Same question on the communion - brother's daughter - is it a straightforward hundred, or would there be a range of 100-150 etc.
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In other money related news, two average meals in smalltown Denmark - €260. The Danish are worse than Laz's Naples folk
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Gimmies should be banned there is always some eejit misses a tap in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                        In other money related news, two average meals in smalltown Denmark - €260. The Danish are worse than Laz's Naples folk
                                                                                                                        Yikes...getting to the stage where only recently confirmed kids can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          Same question on the communion - brother's daughter - is it a straightforward hundred, or would there be a range of 100-150 etc.
                                                                                                                          Different people have different metrics. Was at one recently when I saw one guy donate 250 to a niece, which I thought was waaay too much. I would reckon the 100/50 would be standard for relations/others. But there is no hard and fast rule.
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X