Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Best of Luck TylerD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I think its timed for 2026 because that's when the Celtic Interconnector is planned to open.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

    Comment


      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

      That, my friend, is the Norwegian trillion dollar big bucks turning its beady eyes towards our precious Irish wind. At least, I think so. Think its some big Norwegian financed scheme.
      yeah, but we can actually say 'ah yes, that would be the massive turbine farm off the coast of Inish MickeyMouse' or whatever? Or is it likely a number of schemes coming online together?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

      Comment


        There was a lot of talk about tidal a few years back.

        Clearly just got binned as a viable form of energy?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

        Comment


          We could probably realistically get up towards 40,000-50,000 mw from offshore wind, if just the first few schemes are adding that much capacity. A whopping three times total electricity use in the country. To put this admittedly plucked from the air figure in context, total French electricity capacity in 135,000 MW. Its a proper national asset, although I'm not sure we're actually thinking of it like that. We're handing out the wind like its free.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

          Comment


            There are some great details here: https://www.electricitymap.org/zone/IE

            We do really bad when it comes to carbon.



            Capture.JPG

            Attached Files

            Comment


              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              The problem is the growth rate of electric cars looking for a connection might happen a lot quicker. Plus there are potential data centers being held back by lack of supply.
              Have you data that suggests electric cars cars are going to impact demand. I can’t see it being significant given night charging.


              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Apparently our capacity growth is (approximately, there's some overlap between the two sources) the first source of power - basic, largely non-renewable capacity - which is expected to remain static or fall a small bit, plus the second source of power - renewables - with big planned growth.


              Core, mainly non-renewable

              FDNnsmsl.jpg


              Renewables

              mZMGYQH.png


              Thats not bad, I guess? Big growth allowed for, but all for renewables, and I guess gas will eventually become the fallback source rather than the default when we have enough diversity in renewable sources, or the Celtic Connector allows importing of nuclear from France and exporting of wind energy.
              Those tables don’t match your proposal though. It’s pretty much what I suggested. Phasing out older peat and oil stations with smaller renewables stations. Newer gas stations are staying at the top. And a better continental grid connection, wasn’t aware of the celtic interconnector, assume that’s basically it.

              Also important to note that the tables are max capacity, not supply. The fossil fuel power can supply close to its capacity. But wind is obviously limited by the wind blowing. Wiki suggests current on shore wind runs at 34%. So to replace 6MW of gas, they’d need wind to be maybe almost triple the 2029 number. Or 22-24MW
              Maybe by 2050.

              Comment


                This year's budget will be an interesting one in terms of signalling whether this Green-tinged government is actually serious about climate change strategy. Obviously they got a pass last year.

                My bet; no Irish politician has the balls to go big as the electorate would crucify them for it.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  that's some offshore jump in 2026! Is there a specific project coming online then?
                  Seems to be a steady 700MW per year 2026-2029. Probably a series of offshore farms. ESB joint venture with Norweigns??

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Seems to be a steady 700MW per year 2026-2029. Probably a series of offshore farms. ESB joint venture with Norweigns??
                    yeah, per the HH post. I was just wondering if there was any concrete locations\plans to back that up...
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                    Comment


                      Wind plus one of those nice Tesla giga battery thingies be nice.
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                      Comment


                        Sounds like a lot of hand wavy prospectus talk from hitch tbh, I’ll be happy to be proven wrong but would assume that it’s going to be a bumpy ride ahead when the dream doesn’t March reality

                        Comment


                          On the other hand I’d be happy to hop on the China train with him, swooning at the measures they are introducing this week- being reported as a bad thing in western media for some reason
                          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

                          selection of the best stuff below- all makes sense especially the online gaming stuff. All stuff that’s badly needed in western countries too but not a chance anyone has the balls.

                          the entertainment industry must consciously abandon vulgar and kitsch inferior tastes, and consciously oppose the decadent ideas of money worship, hedonism, and extreme individualism”.

                          recent weeks, the authorities have banned some reality shows, restricted social media fan culture, and They have also targeted what they deem to be “vulgar influencers”, stars’ inflated pay and performers with “lapsed morals”.- yes yes yes

                          The tech industry, including leading business people such as Jack Ma, has faced waves of regulatory changes and investigations. Online gaming has been strictly curtailed, in the name of protecting children, and social media companies have been ordered to “rectify chaos” in celebrity fandom -

                          imagine the wasted human potential and carbon savings we could realise in this country if spoiled little shits couldn’t play FIFA and fortnite- might end up with a better Men’s International football team as a bonus
                          Last edited by MysteryGuest; 08-09-21, 18:03.

                          Comment


                            Try to imagine an Irish minister who would do the same
                            https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

                            on the other hand could be a creative cover story given the country

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              This year's budget will be an interesting one in terms of signalling whether this Green-tinged government is actually serious about climate change strategy. Obviously they got a pass last year.

                              My bet; no Irish politician has the balls to go big as the electorate would crucify them for it.
                              That’s not a uniquely Irish issue

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                That’s not a uniquely Irish issue
                                Neither is the undersupply of sustainables to charge cars.

                                Doesn't seem likely that democracy is compatible with getting the shit that needs to be done done.
                                Turning millions into thousands

                                Comment


                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                    Neither is the undersupply of sustainables to charge cars.

                                    Doesn't seem likely that democracy is compatible with getting the shit that needs to be done done.
                                    Are we all just getting to the stage of accepting our Chinese overlords. Hope we'll be exceptional a bit longer than Hong Kong
                                    “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                      Its just a connection issue with solar, no? Isn't it that the likes of Morocco with their endless deserts could power the world once we get the right transmission lines in place? I haven't hugely looked into it tbh, only the Irish renewable scene, so that might be an exaggeration. But Ireland has, what for our purposes can be viewed as, unlimited renewable energy once we choose to unlock it. Actually my secret, un-calculated belief, is that we should borrow maybe €50bn to invest in offshore wind energy and then that will be a resource for decades to come that we can sell to the continent. Making a fortune on our investment.
                                      ​​​​​ Globally it's all about nuclear (uranium is the current meme stock)

                                      Wind turbines are landfill after 20 years.

                                      And it takes years and billions to do interconnectors. Plus wind has to be constrained frequently.
                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-09-21, 23:38.

                                      Comment


                                        Ate in Taza tonight. A spectacular food experience. Had the sharing platter for starter and just *wow*. Biryiani for main course, as the sign of a truly great Pakistani restaurant and it didn't disappoint, but would give a different main a go the next time. That onion bajji was a thing of glory. Where you see exactly why onion bajji is a dish. wowsers. TripAdvisor currently has them ranked as 6th in Dublin, but not sure if TripAdvisor rankings mean much anymore as its all about the Google Stars now, but its definitely way way way up there. These guys really fucking know what they are doing. €77 for the two of us, before tip, including a bottle of non-alcohol beer each, so not cheap, but not LaoLao expensive either.
                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                          yeah, per the HH post. I was just wondering if there was any concrete locations\plans to back that up...
                                          East coast location is off the coast of Skerries/Ballbriggan/Bettystown. Images here https://2021.macroworks.ie/


                                          Similar in Cork
                                          https://inisealgamarineenergypark.co...e-energy-park/
                                          Last edited by Mellor; 09-09-21, 02:34.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Mellor View Post

                                            East coast location is off the coast of Skerries/Ballbriggan/Bettystown. Images here https://2021.macroworks.ie/


                                            Similar in Cork
                                            https://inisealgamarineenergypark.co...e-energy-park/
                                            They should build a big array directly off coast of Sandy mount- or possibly in Sandymount as it will be underwater in a few decades anyway

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

                                              They should build a big array directly off coast of Sandy mount- or possibly in Sandymount as it will be underwater in a few decades anyway
                                              Wouldn't have pegged you as one of them global warming scaremongers

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Mellor View Post

                                                Wouldn't have pegged you as you of them global warming scaremongers
                                                Wouldn’t have you pegged as a denier
                                                sea level rise and more flooding is baked in even if we do all the stuff IPCC says we should do by 2050 (we won’t)

                                                Comment


                                                  Really sad to see Arsene Wenger shilling this awful idea for FIFA
                                                  https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

                                                  Comment


                                                    Why is it an awful Idea? I know you're not going to be happy with the greedy pigs that profit from it but WC with 48 teams every two years would be great. Plenty of different nations to join the party every couple of years. Some surprises and some chance to show off pure dominance if it's there.

                                                    Not sure why it's more romantic to keep an idea that's nearly 100 years old.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

                                                      Wouldn’t have you pegged as a denier
                                                      sea level rise and more flooding is baked in even if we do all the stuff IPCC says we should do by 2050 (we won’t)
                                                      Are they the only options, deny or scaremonger?
                                                      Extremist views are rarely correct. So an argument that's reduced to polarized extremist views, is quite likely to be wrong on both sides.
                                                      Maybe, there's a sensible middle ground. That's where I'd like to be.

                                                      Comment


                                                        The trailer for the new Matrix movie is about to go live here:



                                                        Not sure how I feel about it. I re-watched the trailer for the original movie a few minutes ago and it gave me goosebumps. It was such an incredible movie for me as a teen.

                                                        Comment


                                                          We need a floatation tank TR from GAB.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                          Comment


                                                            Was messing about on the NYSE with my new Revolut ac a couple of weeks ago. Small money, fun stuff really.

                                                            Bought two shares in Rocket Lab, and it's eh, heading to the moon.



                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                            Comment


                                                              If the retards over on WallStreetBets get wind, it could continue to climb.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                We need a floatation tank TR from GAB.
                                                                Found it pretty underwhelming the time I did it.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                                                  Found it pretty underwhelming the time I did it.
                                                                  Me too, but we have yet to hear how many women were in Gab's tank.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by hotspur View Post

                                                                    Me too, but we have yet to hear how many women were in Gab's tank.
                                                                    Take my hand , come with me baby to love land , let me show you how good it can be , sharing love with me I want to tell you.
                                                                    Float , float on...


                                                                    Fittingly sang by the floaters .
                                                                     
                                                                    Last edited by Solksjaer!; 09-09-21, 16:41.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      We need a floatation tank TR from GAB.
                                                                      I liked it, lie back, turn off the light, float, let the music fade away, relax. I suspect it would get better the more you do of it as it's all so new. Next time the novelty is removed and you can get straight down to the business of relaxing.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post

                                                                        I liked it, lie back, turn off the light, float, let the music fade away, relax. I suspect it would get better the more you do of it as it's all so new. Next time the novelty is removed and you can get straight down to the business of relaxing.
                                                                        I'm sure there's several euphemisms in there somewhere.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Vintage kitchen honouring Lockdown 1 lunch club vouchers on Fridays and Saturdays is a nice surprise
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            Ate in Taza tonight. A spectacular food experience. Had the sharing platter for starter and just *wow*. Biryiani for main course, as the sign of a truly great Pakistani restaurant and it didn't disappoint, but would give a different main a go the next time. That onion bajji was a thing of glory. Where you see exactly why onion bajji is a dish. wowsers. TripAdvisor currently has them ranked as 6th in Dublin, but not sure if TripAdvisor rankings mean much anymore as its all about the Google Stars now, but its definitely way way way up there. These guys really fucking know what they are doing. €77 for the two of us, before tip, including a bottle of non-alcohol beer each, so not cheap, but not LaoLao expensive either.
                                                                            Got a takeaway there yesterday evening for the first time. Onion Bhaji was indeed a thing of beauty, I absolutely love them and this was top of the tree. Thats as good as it got for me though but probably through greenness, as went for the Jinga(Prawn) Bhuna and it was too hot to appreciate the prawn. Chicken or lamb biriyani would have been a better choice. Have to say I didnt care for any dip I got bar the green minty one which came I think with a Lamb Bhuna which was also on the hot side. I felt the nan and the popadom wasnt unlike what you'd get in Tesco and was expecting more.
                                                                            Overall enjoyed it but wasnt blown away or anything close.

                                                                            I wouldnt have much experience eating Pakastani/Indian so put it down to being like an occasional cigar smoker going to Cuba full of beans before having a real Cuban cigar and needing a lie down!.

                                                                            Was on the harsher hotter side of the Indian line I think. I'm not giving the place a bad rap at all and enjoyed it but just couldn't appreciate it like I thought I would. Bar the onioh bhaji.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                              Why is it an awful Idea? I know you're not going to be happy with the greedy pigs that profit from it but WC with 48 teams every two years would be great. Plenty of different nations to join the party every couple of years. Some surprises and some chance to show off pure dominance if it's there.

                                                                              Not sure why it's more romantic to keep an idea that's nearly 100 years old.
                                                                              I don't have a major problem with it going to two years but it throws up quite a few questions:

                                                                              - What happens the continental competitions that "rotate" with it? Take the European Championships, does it also go to being held every two years? If so, as the ECs and WC rotate every two years, is the EC deferred for a year thus having a 3 year gap one iteration?
                                                                              - 16, 3 team groups with 2 teams progressing from each is just naff. I don't really have any better way of describing it - it just sounds horrible.
                                                                              - Does it take away from the prestige of the event?
                                                                              - Player wellbeing. Many of the top players already pretty much don't have a summer off every second year and play all year round. This just adds to it. (Yes they are overpaid prima donnas - just sayin though.)
                                                                              - Probably more i can't think of.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                The 30 best mobster movies – ranked! from The Guardian.

                                                                                A few in here now on my 'must see' list.
                                                                                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 09-09-21, 20:05.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  I haven’t seen a lot of the obscure ones but Casino is a better movie for me than Goodfellas, Scarface, Donnie Brasco and the Irishman.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                    I haven’t seen a lot of the obscure ones but Casino is a better movie for me than Goodfellas, Scarface, Donnie Brasco and the Irishman.
                                                                                    I'd have Goodfellas slightly ahead of Casino. Those other 3 wouldn't even be on a good list. I'd put Freddy Got Fingered (not a mob movie) ahead of Scarface.

                                                                                    “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      The one-hour each way drive from Foxrock to Decathlon (one hour due to needing to avoid motorways) was rather thrilling. I feel the road sign markings deteriorate massively once you leave the cloistered confines of the Dun Laoghaire / Deansgrange perfectly marked streets.
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Lol casino ahead of goodfellas . This is Just wrong . Goodfellas even had the 1st KAREN.

                                                                                        A PROPHET should be top 5 imo.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                          The 30 best mobster movies – ranked! from The Guardian.

                                                                                          A few in here now on my 'must see' list.
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                          Comment



                                                                                            Gomorrah is an absolutely savage film, must watch that again soon.

                                                                                            A Prohet (as Solks says) should be in there.

                                                                                            Also missing is Mesrine (Part I and II) and City of God of the top of my head.

                                                                                            No way is Casino ahead of Donnie Brasco - forget about it - or Goodfellas for that matter.






                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              No love for Carlito's Way? I am shocked it doesn't make the list.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                “Crypto is essentially an economic cult that taps into very base human instincts of fear, greed and tribalism, combined with economic illiteracy as a means to recruit more greater fools to pile money into what looks like a weird, novel digital variant of a pyramid scheme,”


                                                                                                https://amp.ft.com/content/9e787670-...mpression=true

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  the unlikely love triangle ( the stone scene with Joe Pesci urghhh) ruined Casino for me. The narration in goodfellas was fantastic and Ray L peaked as an actor in it. It had everything including dark comedy . I'd only put Godfather 2 ahead (despite the fact that it insists upon itself ) :-)

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    5th Test looking like a cancellation due to Covid. No play today anyway, and India unlikely to want to stay beyond the scheduled finish of Tuesday as the players want to be back for the IPL resumption.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                      No love for Carlito's Way? I am shocked it doesn't make the list.
                                                                                                      Great film. One of my favourites.

                                                                                                      Enjoyed Road to Perdition also.

                                                                                                      American gangster.









                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        5th Test looking like a cancellation due to Covid. No play today anyway, and India unlikely to want to stay beyond the scheduled finish of Tuesday as the players want to be back for the IPL resumption.
                                                                                                        The forecast for Manchester was crap anyway so a rain-affected draw was the likely outcome.

                                                                                                        Can't help feel they have overblown it a bit though and will be prancing around in IPL uniforms this time next week...
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Valuer dude just came and went for the mortgage switch. I feel simultaneously richer (in terms of the market value is a lot more than I thought) and poorer (in that the works we're planning will probably add 50% of their cost to that market vaue).

                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                          Comment



                                                                                                            Yeah, only looked at the weather forecast and not the markets but a rain dance draw must have been c.1/1 fav so you'd think India would have turned up to lock up the series if they could have. For sure they'll all be out in their pyjamas next week

                                                                                                            Edit:
                                                                                                            Actually the forecast is now showing dramatically less rain for those parts than it was before so perhaps the prospect of four full days play had an influence.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Lots of discussion on the renewable issue, I can’t do the multi quote so I’ll just address a few

                                                                                                              mellor correct that it’s really data centres rather than car charging where you would need to add generation capacity, as data centres have a constant load thereby increasing the peaks every day, whereas car charging mostly at night wouldn’t take place as the majority of usage occurs at 8am-10am and 5pm-7pm.

                                                                                                              On nuclear energy…the main issue at the moment (outside ignorance and NIMBY) in terms of suitability is actually the minimum size of a nuclear plant is much larger than a small island like Ireland would ever need, as well as the almost inevitability of cost over runs (see Hinckley point in the UK). Our gas plants are typically 500MW in size and therefore have ideal increments to dial up and down for wind across the day, nuclear is more of a full base load harder to shift up and down the output and would need to be prioritised at all times.

                                                                                                              as Denny mentioned when there is too much wind the grid becomes unstable and therefore parts of the country are cut off (curtailed) or the whole wind energy market is reduced (constrained).

                                                                                                              The 35% load factor mentioned above means that for 365 days a year you get output of (365*24*size of max out put*35%) it doesn’t mean you can rely on it, so if energy demand is constantly 6GW and you have 7GW of base load conventional power (gas and oil) and 2GW of wind you couldn’t say… we only need 5.3GW of conventional because we’ve got 700MW of wind, because the wind energy could all come in one day or one quarter and you have nothing the next etc. As it stands we need conventional power to more than cover peak demand sitting idly by just in case the wind doesn’t blow.

                                                                                                              Hitch, the building of 40-50GW of offshore wind wouldn’t solve this as all of those turbines output would be heavily correlated so you’d just have even more turbines not blowing. They would however make for an excellent match for a country like ours and say France which has already got High levels of base load ie Nuclear so we could bring down their energy costs at peak times when wind is blowing and they could add stability to ours.

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                The one-hour each way drive from Foxrock to Decathlon (one hour due to needing to avoid motorways) was rather thrilling. I feel the road sign markings deteriorate massively once you leave the cloistered confines of the Dun Laoghaire / Deansgrange perfectly marked streets.

                                                                                                                You should have waited until today and you could have had some of the best street food going from Kwanghi Bites who has a food truck there on a Monday and Friday. It's a small menu but very good.

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Hey Ya! was released 18 years ago today by Outkast.

                                                                                                                  500 million video views and quite the Wiki page for a single track too.

                                                                                                                  Get up on that table and start dancing!

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                                    Hey Ya! was released 18 years ago today by Outkast.

                                                                                                                    500 million video views and quite the Wiki page for a single track too.

                                                                                                                    Get up on that table and start dancing!

                                                                                                                    The late great Ted from Scrubs did a version. Somewhat poignant now .

                                                                                                                     

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

                                                                                                                      Hitch, the building of 40-50GW of offshore wind wouldn’t solve this as all of those turbines output would be heavily correlated so you’d just have even more turbines not blowing. They would however make for an excellent match for a country like ours and say France which has already got High levels of base load ie Nuclear so we could bring down their energy costs at peak times when wind is blowing and they could add stability to ours.
                                                                                                                      How much can we match over the currently proposed interconnector?
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Friday m8s huppppah
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

                                                                                                                          On nuclear energy…the main issue at the moment (outside ignorance and NIMBY) in terms of suitability is actually the minimum size of a nuclear plant is much larger than a small island like Ireland would ever need, as well as the almost inevitability of cost over runs (see Hinckley point in the UK). Our gas plants are typically 500MW in size and therefore have ideal increments to dial up and down for wind across the day, nuclear is more of a full base load harder to shift up and down the output and would need to be prioritised at all times.
                                                                                                                          Would this be too big?

                                                                                                                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

                                                                                                                          5 or 600MW.

                                                                                                                          And in the future there will be even smaller plants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_modular_reactor

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X