This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I had this nonsense happen on the 2nd house I properly bid on.

I had bid something like 10k over last bid (when normal was going up in 1/2k) and the other party took a full 2 weeks to come back (d'oh should have put a time limit on accepting my offer) and at that, they only matched my bid!

I was incredulous. I felt as I was first at that figure, well either fuck off or outbid me. Genuinely let rip at the auctioneer asking was he professional. He tells me, the vendor likes the 'story' of the other buyer, just married, moving to Waterford etc.
    I said that's interesting, when was all this story conveyed to the vendor, as I've never met them in about 3 viewings.

So they matched my bid, I said I'm not going higher.
    They 'won' the auction.

6 weeks down the line they had pulled out as they had gone on honeymoon and now that they were back didn't want to move down the country. Auctioneer came back to me and gave me the offer to "continue at your last bid".

Quickest fuck off and hang up I've ever performed.

As to how this helps you, I'm not sure.
    I get the "let's stop bidding upwards cos the price is already shite" bit, and making your position re: ease of sale as clear as possible.

​​​
    Bought my gaff from the landlord. He offered it to me before he started process of going estate agent etc with a public sale. We verbally agreed a narrow price range based on local recent sales and to stick with an independent valuation. Obviously the bank stuff took ages to sort out and the my solicitor went on holidays in the middle of the sale. He was getting a bit pissy about it being delayed. Ultimately the house got valued at x and our approval matched this. He was cheeky and then started looking for X + 5k. I turned around said GTFO, I have the mortgage papers here ready to sign for X which we agreed. You're welcome to my rent for the next few months while you pay for estate agents and start the process from scratch. The sale went through pretty sharpish and he thanked me for pushing to get bank/solicitor in order.

Not all sellers have as much common sense and often the estate agent will whisper them into a frenzy of stalling/rejecting bids. I have two friends who pulled out of sales because the "seller" would delay and request more €€€. Exactly the same thing happened in both cases - the house sold for less than their withdrawn bid (visible on pricepropertyregister.ie).

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      I personally take serious (contrarian) issue with the broadly accepted societal idea that sex should be confined to be with your partner.
      I don't think society has that view at all. If somebody choose to be single forever that's their choice. I doubt anybody thinks that's socially unacceptable. Nor is an endless series of overlapping casual relationships.
      I think the issue you re conflating a very different issue with confining sex to a partner. Promising somebody, either explicitly or implicitly, that you would only have sex with each other, but then sleeping around is seen as socially unacceptable. It's not the sex with other people that's the issue, it's actually the lying about it. If your wife/partner was ok with it, there wouldn't be an issue at all imo.

Relationships like that are possible, but pretty rare. But not for social reasons, it down to human nature. Few people are ok with the idea of some body having sex with their partner. Actually I'm kinda curious how you feel about that? You are very pro casual-sex, but are you honestly unflinching about the idea of somebody having sex with your other half?.

Comment

Survived lethal injection 1. Fairyhouse seems like a complete shambles though. An hour and 10 minutes I was there, most of it standing in a line. Appt for 10.50, arrived at 10.45 as stated in the txt I got, and didnt get in until 11.30. Hope they get better as it goes on. Seemed to be a lot of morons turning up way too early which probably didnt help matters

Comment

Pogacar looks so comfortable, like he's in an armchair.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

I don't know how anyone can listen to Lex Fridman, firstly it takes the man minutes to ask a simple question and the fact he holds Joe Rogan up as a messiah firmly places him in the high chance of being a grifter category. He's just an educated want to be a famous 'influencer' who posts corny inspirational quotes all the time. No different than the young ones you'd role your eyes at.

I'd say I only listen to about 10% of the episodes either because I'm interested in the interviewee or on a recommendation and when I do I usually find he doesn't get in the way.
            Agreed he's often a bit ponderous in his questions but its the interviewee that I'm listening to and in fairness he does come well researched, he does seem to have a blind spot about people like Musk who he can only see the good side of, I wouldn't be too concerned what he thinks about a non entity like Rogan.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Pogacar looks so comfortable, like he's in an armchair.
              Great finish coming up
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Not all sellers have as much common sense and often the estate agent will whisper them into a frenzy of stalling/rejecting bids. I have two friends who pulled out of sales because the "seller" would delay and request more €€€. Exactly the same thing happened in both cases - the house sold for less than their withdrawn bid (visible on pricepropertyregister.ie).
                Oh Jesus this x100.
                First house fell thru due to what I am convinced were ghost bids. Same auctioneer house as 2nd house. Should have known by then!

It's the time lag involved really does my head in, both on bidding part and then the solicitor part. The anxiety of thinking maybe something better is just about to come on the market, and you're already balls deep in this one.

House 1 I was outbid on, fair enough, but then a month later I have as notified that the buyer wanted 15k off due to the septic tank being in the back garden, fully on view from house inspection obv, which wouldn't be accepted standard for a new build. Well guess what, the house is 30 years old and it was fine then so fucking deal with it jaysus.
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                  Survived lethal injection 1. Fairyhouse seems like a complete shambles though. An hour and 10 minutes I was there, most of it standing in a line. Appt for 10.50, arrived at 10.45 as stated in the txt I got, and didnt get in until 11.30. Hope they get better as it goes on. Seemed to be a lot of morons turning up way too early which probably didnt help matters
                  I arrived 10 mins early and was getting jabbed 5 mins later. It was suspiciously efficient.

Comment

IPB Open Sweep Entry Deadline extended until 8pm.

Get on it: https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...pen-sweep-2021

Runners and riders will locked in and published after 8pm.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      I don't think society has that view at all. If somebody choose to be single forever that's their choice. I doubt anybody thinks that's socially unacceptable. Nor is an endless series of overlapping casual relationships.
                      I think the issue you re conflating a very different issue with confining sex to a partner. Promising somebody, either explicitly or implicitly, that you would only have sex with each other, but then sleeping around is seen as socially unacceptable. It's not the sex with other people that's the issue, it's actually the lying about it. If your wife/partner was ok with it, there wouldn't be an issue at all imo.

Relationships like that are possible, but pretty rare. But not for social reasons, it down to human nature. Few people are ok with the idea of some body having sex with their partner. Actually I'm kinda curious how you feel about that? You are very pro casual-sex, but are you honestly unflinching about the idea of somebody having sex with your other half?.
                      Its not like there's a box you can tick. It's pre-ticked by society.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Surely it's something you can agree with your partner, if that's what floats your boat.

Pretty common in France, the durrrty feckers. Have your little cinq a sept and then home for the family dinner.

Comment

We must ask Shraap to explain the mechanics of how this works.

Excellent topic for discussion on this Bastille Day imo.

Comment

Is this true though?

I would personally view people in relationships like this as weird eggs. Hippy types. Burning man, summer of love, hotwifing oddballs.

There is literally nothing wrong with it, but my perception of it is clearly skewed.

Can I blame the church?
                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I think I will watch A Prophet tonight in their honour. Great flick.

Comment

Don't have time now, but I'll try and get to this tomorrow. Plenty of MOs for all types of relationships based on large sample size of friends.

Comment

This lions game is just an unofficial 4th test. More than half of these boks will be playing in the 1st test. They're just lacking match fitness and wanted a warm up game!

Comment

Doing a game design bootcamp for an NFT-based game and it is *intense*. Stumbled through Monday's class and at the end they squeezed in 'so bring your first draft game for Wednesday and we can dissect your progress'. Next Thursday the COO and founder of the entire billion dollar NFT game is turning up to judge the games.

Game logic is quite fascinating.

Comment

Doing a game design bootcamp for an NFT-based game and it is *intense*. Stumbled through Monday's class and at the end they squeezed in 'so bring your first draft game for Wednesday and we can dissect your progress'. Next Thursday the COO and founder of the entire billion dollar NFT game is turning up to judge the games.

Sounds amazing. Is it a board game or another "spend a fortune to win (or lose) a fortune" kind of game?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Sounds amazing. Is it a board game or another "spend a fortune to win (or lose) a fortune" kind of game?
                                        Its The Sandbox. Actually a longstanding successful French game, turned into a blockchain based game a few years ago. Mixture of Minecraft, Roblox. https://www.sandbox.game/en/

Comment

Its The Sandbox. Actually a longstanding successful French game, turned into a blockchain based game a few years ago. Mixture of Minecraft, Roblox. https://www.sandbox.game/en/
                                          What's your game though within the sandbox? Or am I misunderstanding?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I arrived 10 mins early and was getting jabbed 5 mins later. It was suspiciously efficient.
                                            This is good to hear. Hopefully I just got a bad time with some morning backlog of some kind then. Hopefully I have your experience for dose 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Is this true though?

I would personally view people in relationships like this as weird eggs. Hippy types. Burning man, summer of love, hotwifing oddballs.

There is literally nothing wrong with it, but my perception of it is clearly skewed.

Can I blame the church?
                                              That surprises me. I would have thought with your shroomish leanings, egoic self would have had gone a few rounds.

Been microdosing last few months, would 100% recommend it to anyone, with the caveat to take a few days off and listen to your body.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

What's your game though within the sandbox? Or am I misunderstanding?
                                                ah sorry. Well I have to design a game on my plot of land. I started on an escape room theme, but feel its too functional, so going to scrap it and go for a harvest theme idea based on a very pleasant graphic novel I read late last year. Trying to take inspiration from the artist who presented today, who seemed quite brilliant.

Comment

Sounds pretty interesting! Is this part of some coding course or what? You keep pretty busy!
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Sounds pretty interesting! Is this part of some coding course or what? You keep pretty busy!
                                                    Cheers. Nah, it just popped up in the discord of the game that they were going to bring in this crowd to do some training. I'm fundamentally trying to understand the value of the game, but appreciating the creative process!

Comment

IPB 2021 Open Sweep runners and riders published. Best of luck all.

2021_Open_Championship_logo.png

Comment

Is this true though?

Can I blame the church?
                                                        Know pretty regular people like this these days, not like the above description, but of course many are like that.
                                                        I think it's a lot more common in recent years with younger people.

Sure society mostly does one thing but of course you can find people with those interests if you look, there's plenty of groups and clubs and such, or just by specifying it in a dating profile.
                                                        I've had plenty of run ins without even looking and it's not something I want. People asking me, also an ex didn't care about me fucking other people if I wanted, just cared about if I formed an emotional attachment to them that detracted from our relationship. She also had an open marriage for 7 years or so. I've had a lot of offers, none of which I accepted as it is not my thing, but they are there. A rather hot married friend of mine recently asked could she bang me and my girlfriend after discussing it with her husband. I do think that the majority of people just trying this stuff out won't know what they really want or feel, or be fully on the same page and wreck their relationship. There can also be a lot of emotionally damaged people, but there are healthy ones too.

Comment

That's how you advertise something Wombatman! Hitch is now a vegan, he may not have read Tar's post yet so he doesn't know it, but trust me he already is.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            That's how you advertise something Wombatman! Hitch is now a vegan, he may not have read Tar's post yet so he doesn't know it, but trust me he already is.
                                                            I've just dumped some in date ham after reading it.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

If I'm going swinging she better be a meat eater.

Comment

Cheers for organizing. Small entry numbers . No crowd to hide in .

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                  Feels like a good time to rewatch the Leftovers
                                                                  Threw on episode one for the wife earlier......I loved it again, so much i missed,,,she...ill drive on, season 2 and the Matt episode. Debatable but possible the greatest hour of TV ever?
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Of course you can, but it's going to limit your options (just like any particular kink might). But as long as you are open as honest about it, there is no social taboo.
                                                                    As I said, the actual issue is sneaking around and lying about it.

Obviously most partners are not going to be into. But as I said, I think that's down to not wanting somebody with their partner, rather than not wanting to do so themselves.
                                                                    Basically it's not society saying sex is for just your partner, it's two people bilaterally agreeing to not to do it on the other person.

Is this true though?

Can I blame the church?
                                                                    There's certainly a lot of hippy wierdos who are into it. But I think they would be weirdos regardless, and not because they are into it.
                                                                    I think it's also increasingly common in otherwise "normal" people. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a normal lifestyle.
                                                                    It's going to affect how you view somebody just like any other info. But the human nature that drives it isn't odd to me at all. I don't think Hitch is odd at all for being interested in sex with others, nor do I think it diminishes his family commitment. On the other hand Tara's ex who was ok with it - I do question why she was ok with with it and what that says about her.
                                                                    The same way I judge the wives in those polygamous marriages. I fully get why the husband chanced his arm with 3 wives. I just don't know what entices the other halves quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

That surprises me. I would have thought with your shroomish leanings, egoic self would have had gone a few rounds.

Been microdosing last few months, would 100% recommend it to anyone, with the caveat to take a few days off and listen to your body.
                                                                      When I'm zooming my thoughts aren't on sex, thats for sure. Definitely lots of thoughts, and lots of things thought to be figured out only to float away like a wisp of smoke when trying to regather them, but I legit don't think I've ever thought about sex while on them.

On the other hand acid (its more of a crunchy buzz) has made me think about sex.

I 100% believe that part of me, Theresa L Waysone, has been forever conditioned by my Irish Catholic upbringing, whether or not I know it and can articulate it, my thoughts on certain things have been warped forever.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

There's certainly a lot of hippy wierdos who are into it. But I think they would be weirdos regardless, and not because they are into it.
                                                                        I think it's also increasingly common in otherwise "normal" people. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a normal lifestyle.
                                                                        It's going to affect how you view somebody just like any other info. But the human nature that drives it isn't odd to me at all. I don't think Hitch is odd at all for being interested in sex with others, nor do I think it diminishes his family commitment. On the other hand Tara's ex who was ok with it - I do question why she was ok with with it and what that says about her.
                                                                        The same way I judge the wives in those polygamous marriages. I fully get why the husband chanced his arm with 3 wives. I just don't know what entices the other halves quarters.
                                                                        I guess my point is, despite the fact that I totally agree that there is nothing wrong with it, and it comes from a place of humanity that is entirely reasonable, and that not everyone who does it is a hippy weirdo.

I will definitely tar, and feather, every one of them as hippy wife swapping oddballs. I might not say it, I might not even think it consciously but I will look at you differently. Rightly or wrongly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                          Know pretty regular people like this these days, not like the above description, but of course many are like that.
                                                                          I think it's a lot more common in recent years with younger people.
                                                                          Multi quote is hard. Sorry all.

Younger people, i.e. those under 28 is an increasing blind spot for me. I believe you though. If anything, this is the thing that will widen the generation gap for me.

Comment

Anyone who talks seriously about personal pronouns is young. And weird.

Comment

What makes a Golf Course 'Royal'? Royal St Georges but not Royal St Andrews.

I'm sure there is some completely archaic piece of knowledge here that will brighten our day.

Comment

What makes a Golf Course 'Royal'? Royal St Georges but not Royal St Andrews.

I'm sure there is some completely archaic piece of knowledge here that will brighten our day.
                                                                                It's the golf club not the golf course that has the Royal moniker. So St Andrews is actually the Royal & Ancient St Andrews Golf Club, so does indeed have royal affixed to it.
                                                                                As to why some have it and not others, don't know. Maybe its as simple as applying and filling in the forms?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

It's the golf club not the golf course that has the Royal moniker. So St Andrews is actually the Royal & Ancient St Andrews Golf Club, so does indeed have royal affixed to it.
                                                                                  As to why some have it and not others, don't know. Maybe its as simple as applying and filling in the forms?
                                                                                  I'm sure there's something suitably arcane behind it all.

We'll wait for Solks to explain it all.

Comment

I would have guess there was some Royal charter type process.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Citywest was the exact opposite. In, regged, jabbed, waiting room all within 20 mins.All while some dude in the corner played songs familiar to the 40somethings on the piano
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Citywest was the exact opposite. In, regged, jabbed, waiting room all within 20 mins.All while some dude in the corner played songs familiar to the 40somethings on the piano
                                                                                        Its a fitting tribute to Jim Mansfield that Citywest is such an efficient drug-delivery establishment.

Comment

I'm sure there's something suitably arcane behind it all.

We'll wait for Solks to explain it all.
                                                                                          Anything up to a foot is a gimme but you are not allowed give it, which is a bit silly considering the wear and tear on the ol back bending down to pick the ball out of the hole. This could add years onto a golfers life if they allowed it.
                                                                                          Now after that I go by whatever AJ says on the matter as there isn’t a snowballs chance in hell I know more about this type o thing than him at 99% of Sports. I can give you some insights into the more minority sports like Squash if you wish.
                                                                                          No.1 tip, dominate the T and you will win.

In the actual Office today so I’m missing the Lap top on the LAP at home and watching the golf. Bad planning on my part.

Comment

I'll leave this here for you Hitch in case this don't go according to plan......

Comment

The Open and WFH don't mix well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                Golf and cycling are probably the two worst hobby sports to have in terms of not being distracted during work hours.

Comment

Golf and cycling are probably the two worst hobby sports to have in terms of not being distracted during work hours.
                                                                                                  Cricket says hello

Comment

Cricket says hello
                                                                                                    ah yeah, that's multiple days sometimes, isn't it.

Comment

#hochwasser That's some Armageddon style flooding in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                        Book out the calendar for" focus work". No meetings ftw.

Comment

Where would one go online to watch the golf if stuck in the sticks with only Saorview and wifi as a friend?

Comment

ah yeah, that's multiple days sometimes, isn't it.
                                                                                                            Five days.

Although at least they take lunch and tea to break things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Where would one go online to watch the golf if stuck in the sticks with only Saorview and wifi as a friend?
                                                                                                              If you can get your hands on a chromecast youre only a NowTV sub away from enjoying it in piece. Or just watch it on Now TV on a laptop/tablet. Youll be able to join for like 20 a month and cancel anytime at the start
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

If you can get your hands on a chromecast youre only a NowTV sub away from enjoying it in piece. Or just watch it on Now TV on a laptop/tablet. Youll be able to join for like 20 a month and cancel anytime at the start
                                                                                                                They have a €10 pass for the weekend just for the golf I believe.

Comment

Local shop doesnt even have brown bread in so i'd say they're all out of Chromecasts (whatever they are). NowTV seems a decent option tyty (can that be cast from phone to TV out of curiosity or just watch on lappy?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Local shop doesnt even have brown bread in so i'd say they're all out of Chromecasts (whatever they are). NowTV seems a decent option tyty (can that be cast from phone to TV out of curiosity or just watch on lappy?)

It could if you have one of those Chromecasts!! Or possibly if theres a decent smart tv where you are. Failing that could go laptop to tv with HDMI cable, youd imagine most gaffs have one of those hanging around.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Jesus, the new Boards site is awful.
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                        Jesus, the new Boards site is awful.
                                                                                                                        Doesn't look too much different to me.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Think its quite nice. The partial view of quoted posts is cool. Looks very 'responsive'

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X