This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Our most recent master-stroke was making getting into pubs conditional on having the jab. That's an extra 30-40% jabbage right there.
    Hahaha, was wondering what drove Mick to the jabbers.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Hahaha, was wondering what drove Mick to the jabbers.
      Definitely wasent the pub. My wife harassing me my elderly mother begging me saying sure yee can go to Barbados now for Christmas punting since I was a child low ability to stick to anything once any pressure applied. Got jabbed more for the parents than myself. Was my sisters birthday today as I was dropping her a nice bottle of Hendricks our dog was getting put to sleep. Wife had him 12 years was an amazing thing for a bichon frisse used to call to a couple of neighbours who had dogs to be let in petted then he would be on his way. On our wedding day he escaped his minder and sauntered up the aisle ahead of her as she was walking in to rapturous laughter broke the tension. He’s getting cremated didn’t know that was a dog thing and a fifty fifty split between navan and Connemara,where he loved holidays since was a pup know where I’d rather be laid to rest.

Comment

Ah real sorry to hear that Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
          Got text with date of 2nd jab in swords which is about 30min cycle. Would one be grand to cycle after or would getting a taxi be safer?
          Cycled similar distance to and from both jabs and I was sound
          airport, lol

Comment

Our most recent master-stroke was making getting into pubs conditional on having the jab. That's an extra 30-40% jabbage right there.
            Macron just announced something similar in France.

Including that any health care worker who refuses the vaccine will be fired.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Do you think it's a good that people who want to exercise their choice over their own body will now lose their jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                Do you think it's a good that people who want to exercise their choice over their own body will now lose their jobs?
                Not that simple. We are talking about health care professionals. If their choices directly impact people they deal with (whom are more susceptible to picking up infections) then absolutely. It would be irresponsible and selfish not to.
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

In terms of 'the greater good'? Yes.

Comment

If you had a relative requiring care and you had 2 hospitals to choose from. One where the workers were vaccinated against a highly contagious virus and one that wasnt. Which one would you choose to ensure the relative was as safe as possible? Good or bad ? .

Comment

Do you think government around the world should outlaw alcohol, cigarettes, McDonalds, fast food?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Do you think government should make alcohol, cigarettes and fast food illegal?

Comment

Do you think government should make alcohol, cigarettes and fast food illegal?
                          False equivalence alert!

None of those things are transmissable diseases.

(And no, I don't. Tax and health policy should aim to tip people towards sensible choices though)

Comment

It's not like it's some ground breaking idea anyway.

Military all over the world have compulsory vaccine programs. I'm sure most NGOs too.

Comment

I doubt that it will be necessary to fire anyone for not getting vaccinated against covid here, certainly anyone working in a range of patient facing jobs should not be allowed contact with patients.
                              We already had a situation where a small number of nurses who refused to get flu vaccines were moved away from patients during flu season but so far no one was fired.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wondering is JBravado is all for the return of measles,
                                and if not already vaccinated for that, would one take it now?
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

In terms of the greater good this could escalate. If a child is born with a chronic illness would it be for the greater good to euthanasia’s kill said child. Over its life time it’s going to be a burden on its parents abs the state. Same with people who are more prone to diseases it’s probably for the greater good they don’t live will end up costing money and time in health care. If we allow politicians to judge what is for the greater good with huge power we are in deep trouble.

Comment

Can't see how France can give people the sack for not getting the jab regardless of what they work at, they'll just relocate them to non people facing roles.

New variants are more transmissible but are not stronger types of the virus. Numbers of people dying should be the only figure people are caring about now.

I for one think BoJo has done a great job with this whole thing. They are not saying restrictions or mask wearing won't come back. Some country has to be the first to give it a go. They've the best or one of the most successful vax programmes in the world.
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

BBV is off its rocker this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

In terms of the greater good this could escalate. If a child is born with a chronic illness would it be for the greater good to euthanasia’s kill said child. Over its life time it’s going to be a burden on its parents abs the state. Same with people who are more prone to diseases it’s probably for the greater good they don’t live will end up costing money and time in health care. If we allow politicians to judge what is for the greater good with huge power we are in deep trouble.
                                        False Equivalence Alerts II and III! You lads are really banging them out this morning.

It is literally politician's jobs to govern for the greater good btw. That's what we elect them for.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                          I for one think BoJo has done a great job with this whole thing. They are not saying restrictions or mask wearing won't come back. Some country has to be the first to give it a go. They've the best or one of the most successful vax programmes in the world.
                                          They have the highest mortality rate in Europe.

Comment

They have the highest mortality rate in Europe.
                                            Nah uh case fatality rates are , Italy is 3%, Greece 2.9%, UK is 2.5%

Comment

Can't see how France can give people the sack for not getting the jab regardless of what they work at, they'll just relocate them to non people facing roles.

New variants are more transmissible but are not stronger types of the virus. Numbers of people dying should be the only figure people are caring about now.

how does that work if circa 70% decide they aren't getting the vaccine?

Macron is dead right.
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

It's not like it's some ground breaking idea anyway.

Military all over the world have compulsory vaccine programs. I'm sure most NGOs too.
                                                  lolwtf. Military personnel are exempt from bodily autonomy protections because sometimes the government has to order them to risk their lives. It's a very, very narrow exemption to what is otherwise a fundamental human right.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This is a really great point, somewhat related to the above..

​​​​​​

Comment

Nah uh case fatality rates are , Italy is 3%, Greece 2.9%, UK is 2.5%
                                                      Case fatality rate is those died by percentage of those infected. It tells you nothing about the mortality rate in a country unless you include the infection rate. Liechtenstein could have had one covid case (Barry) and he died of it thus Liechtenstein would have a 100% case fatality rate.

Anyhoos it appears the UK (like their football team) have lost the lead and are no longer the leaders in Europe in the mortality rate competition. Due to their AZ vaccine early roll-out no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

how does that work if circa 70% decide they aren't getting the vaccine?

Macron is dead right.
                                                        Well its not 70% is it? considering 40% of total population has been done? I'd imagine its close to 10% but this is pure guess work.

What would you do? Sack or fine each health sector worker that doesn't get it? After everything they've been through and everything they have done for "the greater good"?

I'm sure the French workers will just roll over and take it

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

lolwtf. Military personnel are exempt from bodily autonomy protections because sometimes the government has to order them to risk their lives. It's a very, very narrow exemption to what is otherwise a fundamental human right.
                                                          So now we've a situation where a Govt is ordering people to not risk lives.

Seems fine to me.

Comment

On rights, everyone has a basic human right. In Ireland for example we get treated in Hospital without the colossal bills you see in the US. We are mostly free to go about our business as long as we are breaking no laws and not harming other people. Now, if there is a WORLDWIDE pandemic and YOU refuse to comply with SAFETY precautions. EVERYBODY is entitled to treat you differently. You are now a THREAT. If I own a PUB – PISS OFF, If I run a hospital – GET OUT.

Feel free to do whatever else you wish with your life paying attention to the laws etc. If you get ILL you will be looked after like the rest of the people in the country , vaccinated or NOT. Now Indoor dining is opening back up next week for people who comply with safety precautions. If you don’t like it, get a takeaway or make yourself a meal of your choice. The freedom that you think you are losing is the freedom you are taking from people by applying your own personal views as to what and what isn’t SAFE. It’s not part of a big Orwellian plan to slowly strip you of your rights. It’s a numbers game to prevent us falling into a health crises. If you are following some other train of thought , think a bit more on the subject and examine logically why the fk would every government in the world for the 1st time in history be plotting together against it’s own citizens .

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Case fatality rate is those died by percentage of those infected. It tells you nothing about the mortality rate in a country unless you include the infection rate. Liechtenstein could have had one covid case (Barry) and he died of it thus Liechtenstein would have a 100% case fatality rate.

Anyhoos it appears the UK (like their football team) have lost the lead and are no longer the leaders in Europe in the mortality rate competition. Due to their AZ vaccine early roll-out no doubt.
                                                              RD said mortality rate so just thought I'd fact check his assumption. They are no longer top of the table but will be happy with the consolidation of their champ league spot.

Comment

Well its not 70% is it? considering 40% of total population has been done? I'd imagine its close to 10% but this is pure guess work.

What would you do? Sack or fine each health sector worker that doesn't get it? After everything they've been through and everything they have done for "the greater good"?

I'm sure the French workers will just roll over and take it
                                                                This guesswork is the issue though (my numbers are all guesswork too) it won't be 70% of the workforce but it could be 70% of the cancer care team or the pediatric department or any one of the dozens of vital teams that can't afford to lose even 1-2 members with specialized training.

By leaving it open, you risk mayhem where you cannot replace the skillsets that you would have to move to non-patient facing roles. A blanket vaccinate or be fired may seem like a harsh message but it's only one that makes sense when you're dealing with something that is so vital.

In short I think people are generally going to come down to two positions. Those who feel individual rights are more important than societal ones, and those who don't. I'm unashamedly in the latter group and I've no doubt there are many who are equally vociferous in their support of the former.
                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Wife's freedom pass came through the email this morning.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

This is a really great point, somewhat related to the above..

​​​​​​
                                                                    Its a good bit different now in fairness.

Im not a huge fan of the pass being used by hospitality, but i also dont have a better alternative, and its not the end of the world if its only for a few weeks/months.

On the hospital thing what can ya do, again dont feel great at forcing people, but whats the alternative to making sure you dont bring highly transmissible diseases into a place full of people that can be killed easily by it. If you feel so strongly as to not get the vaccine backed by all medical evidence, maybe the health service isnt the best place for you to work.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Laughing how all these lads are anti vacc, still got the vacc, and are still anti vacc

Cunts making me wait until now for mine.
                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Add-on ^

Would like to see the place if we were like Alabama and the only people still getting sick and dying in hospital are unvaccinated people. #Freedom
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

RD said mortality rate so just thought I'd fact check his assumption. They are no longer top of the table but will be happy with the consolidation of their champ league spot.
                                                                          I was working off last year's (pre vaccine rollout) numbers when the sainted BoJo's government was certainly an outlier, of the wrong sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                            In short I think people are generally going to come down to two positions. Those who feel individual rights are more important than societal ones, and those who don't. I'm unashamedly in the latter group and I've no doubt there are many who are equally vociferous in their support of the former.
                                                                            You also need to consider situational context.

In normal times, individual rights and greater good governance should exist in a fair degree of equilibrium.

In abnormal times, the government necessarily must place governance above individual rights. This (thankfully) is probably the nearest thing to a war footing we'll ever live through. The government response is designed to get us through to normality with as little loss as possible. For now, people need to accept that the greater good trumps their grievances - and if that means health workers must abide by public health advice or be fired or you have to show a DCC to get into a pub, then so be it. Suck it up.

Put it this way: what would have happened to someone who refused to abide by blackout conditions in London in September 1940?

Comment

Mate told me about a customer of his he called into recently

She was asking had he got vaccinated and he allowed that he had.
                                                                              "you'll be dead in 2 years" she says

She went on to claim that that the vaccine is so full of metal that magnets would stick to your body afterwards.

He made some counter arguments which was met with a dismissive "oh, you're one of them"

I was wondering would now be an opportune time to set up dome sort of online conspracy/doom thingy with cultish overtones. given the level of gullibility/insanity out there. Make a fortune selling overpriced tat!

Comment

A rather well timed inbound email just landed with my Digital Covid Cert.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                  Add-on ^

Would like to see the place if we were like Alabama and the only people still getting sick and dying in hospital are unvaccinated people. #Freedom
                                                                                  Just looking at the vaccine % by state in the US.

The top 20 states are all blue (Democrat). Florida breaks the streak at #21.

The bottom 16 are all red (Republican). Nevada breaks the streak.

Madness. Of all the shit Trump pulled, politicising the pandemic was by far the worst.

Comment

Laughing how all these lads are anti vacc, still got the vacc, and are still anti vacc

Questioning stuff does not make you anti vaccine. Used to be the norm for kids to get abused by priests sure if they questioned it it’s what god wanted it’s for the greater good. Genuinely find it amazing so many allegedly intelligent well travelled people will do whatever this sell out of a government will say. Sure it’s only temporary like USC that’s only temporary too.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Sometime that have to follow orders into situations that out their lives/health as risk. I would imagine everyone understands and agrees with that.

But I’m genuinely at a loss how that relates losing bodily autonomy in relation to vaccines. Lost there completely.

Comment

Questioning stuff does not make you anti vaccine. Used to be the norm for kids to get abused by priests sure if they questioned it it’s what god wanted it’s for the greater good. Genuinely find it amazing so many allegedly intelligent well travelled people will do whatever this sell out of a government will say. Sure it’s only temporary like USC that’s only temporary too.
                                                                                        I'd like to question Nicnicnic as to whether he'd prefer to have gotten a jab or spend a long while in intensive care.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I'd like to question Nicnicnic as to whether he'd prefer to have gotten a jab or spend a long while in intensive care.
                                                                                          Ask him then. Please make sure to reference all of his lifestyle choices age etc. You can’t just cherry pic individual cases. I’m sure if you asked people mostly young people who got heart inflammation it just for Christmas for life there delighted they got the jab. Swollen cardiac muscle is great you should be kerb stomped prick

Comment

Swollen cardiac muscle is great you should be kerb stomped prick
                                                                                            What
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Oh right suppose I did call you a cunt.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What
                                                                                                American History X

I had to get a stiff drink after that scene . Definitely no way to speak to a fellow Mick He has been hacked I think.

Comment

It's quite healthy and v reasonable for people to question things. And to still come around to what you believe as the right thing. I see the above as a big positive. Would be a dangerous world to live in where everyone did as they were told without question or thought.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

A French journalist was telling me that a million Frenchies registered on the French vaccine website last night as soon as it became clear that the price of access to steak frites from August 1st was jabbage. Glorious.
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

It's quite healthy and v reasonable for people to question things. And to still come around to what you believe as the right thing. I see the above as a big positive. Would be a dangerous world to live in where everyone did as they were told without question or thought.
                                                                                                      I think there's a lot of major social constructs we should question. Questioning 'harder facts' like approved medicines (even under the dubious guise of 'bodily integrity'), should probably be far down the list of priority questions.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I agree, but they are free to go to the back if the queue too if they want, not seeing that happening and it's probably for the best!
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I think there's a lot of major social constructs we should question. Questioning 'harder facts' like approved medicines (even under the dubious guise of 'bodily integrity'), should probably be far down the list of priority questions.
                                                                                                          I'd agree with that to the most part, and I haven't been questioning it. But I don't think people should be lambasted for asking the questions, it all happened a bit fast and there's an atrocious amount of misinformation to avoid.

Would prefer to see the questions asked and a discussion had/chance to educate had rather than people getting lost down a rabbit hole on internet of said misinformation .
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Absolutely honda. I think a natural first instinct is to take the piss, to see if someone is first messing. But maybe a bit more understanding is needed.

Comment

August 6th French holiday probability.

[****BREAKING MID-JULY 2021 UPDATE****]

~~~ 40%

1. Decent chance that only fully vaccinated will be allowed to travel by then, and wife still hasn't got her first dose

2. The wife might baulk at needing to get PCR tests every few days even if we were allowed to go.

But there's probably going to be strong efforts to keep transport open, so that counts for something, about 40%.

Comment

August 6th French holiday probability.

[****BREAKING MID-JULY 2021 UPDATE****]

~~~ 40%

1. Decent chance that only fully vaccinated will be allowed to travel by then, and wife still hasn't got her first dose

2. The wife might baulk at needing to get PCR tests every few days even if we were allowed to go.

But there's probably going to be strong efforts to keep transport open, so that counts for something, about 40%.
                                                                                                                I think there's a decent push from EU to keep travel open between all EU states, vaccinated or PCR. reckon you'll be sound if you can get over point 2.Increased to 70% surely
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Funny how you can flip flop when it suits
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Very much depends who is doing the "questioning", why, and how they are doing it. And appropriate responses based on these variables should range from emphatic listening and discussion to being told to fuck off.

Comment

Personally think once everyone has had at least the opportunity to receive their complete vacc, and then the time for it to 'work' (is it 2nd shot and done or is there a wait period for full immunity?) everything should be reopened back to normal.

If you have decided to still be unvaccinated at that stage, well so be it, best of luck to you.

Fuck going back to the office 5 days a week tho amirite.

@hitch is the missus a young one? My boss is 39 and got her 1st shot mid last week. Thought that was laggy enough for that age?
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Personally think once everyone has had at least the opportunity to receive their complete vacc, and then the time for it to 'work' (is it 2nd shot and done or is there a wait period for full immunity?) everything should be reopened back to normal.

If you have decided to still be unvaccinated at that stage, well so be it, best of luck to you.

@hitch is the missus a young one? My boss is 39 and got her 1st shot mid last week. Thought that was laggy enough for that age?
                                                                                                                        I know of one friend 6 years older than me and they got vaccinated the same day. I think it depends on a load of factors. Location of nearest vax centre. Capacity of centre and supply etc. They may not have booked in around the same time as me though.

Comment

Yeah 31.

There's different wait periods of different vaccines afaik to count as fully vaccinated. One week after second jab for Pfizer. Might be two weeks after AZ, and four weeks after J&J. (not sure).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X