This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
    So I’m now part of an underground network of occult and esoterica manuscript traders it would appear.

Life goal achieved.

The dirty deed was done dirt cheap-ish ( a perfectly reasonable e350 for the lot originally priced at e500) and my man can access more books but needs to keep the original collector at arms length.

I also bought a skateboard. What could possibly go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're on a list now I'm sure. Or another list maybe.

Comment

I think I’m turning into a Falafel. Spinach and Pine nut . Lashed a load of curry sauce on it and it was good. I’m deffo running out of ideas and when you couple this with my reluctance to be in the kitchen than longer is necessary for a proper bloke (innit) I’m struggling. Still though almost two weeks back on the veggie horsie. I think I’ve developed some kind of IBS things though as I’m up and down the stairs a lot more often.
      A dog barked at me yesterday and he looked delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        I think I’m turning into a Falafel. Spinach and Pine nut . Lashed a load of curry sauce on it and it was good. I’m deffo running out of ideas and when you couple this with my reluctance to be in the kitchen than longer is necessary for a proper bloke (innit) I’m struggling. Still though almost two weeks back on the veggie horsie. I think I’ve developed some kind of IBS things though as I’m up and down the stairs a lot more often.
        Nice fresh crusty round roll, layer of chorizo with green pesto, rocket, tomato, mature cheddar, & roast chicken topped with a bit of Mayo washed down with a bottle of Club Lemon and a pack of Spicy Onion Rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Nice fresh crusty round roll, layer of chorizo with green pesto, rocket, tomato, mature cheddar, & roast chicken topped with a bit of Mayo washed down with a bottle of Club Lemon and a pack of Spicy Onion Rings.
          Murderer .

Comment

John Bruton not pulling any punches in telling Frost and Lewis to GTFO

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You need a downstairs loo by the sounds of things.

Comment

I think a bot has taken over Doms account since the changeover

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

You need a downstairs loo by the sounds of things.
                  Duplex so needs an upstairs loo. I need the exercise though so all good. I may have to shout out the window Scrooge style. Hey boy here is 10 shillings get me the biggest roll of toilet paper you can find and bring it back. Keep the change.
                  what day is it? I haven't missed it . Denmark abu.

Comment

My bot has taken over for sure

Comment

Maybe you're the bot?

Comment

Alaphilippe hit 99 km/hr on his first descent of the Ventoux today.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Pfizer #1 booked in for Friday. The registration system works VERY well imo. Surprisingly so.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                            Pfizer #1 booked in for Friday. The registration system works VERY well imo. Surprisingly so.
                            Are you looking forward to the spam HSE calls now?
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Are you looking forward to the spam HSE calls now?
                              I feel left out. I haven't got any of these.

Comment

On a whim, I decided to self exclude on PP today. What makes it odd, is I did it after winning 1.5k over the last couple of days.

The winnings made me brave enough to examine my deposits and withdrawals over the last year and while the net profit is not much to boast about, looking at the gross deposits amount is not one to be proud about, so thought it was time for a break.

Those kind of self examinations are never easy as nobody want to be that honest to themselves, but it is necessary I think.

C'est la vie, I guess.
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Yeah with everyone talking about Mortgages and keeping gambling off bank statements, I've gotten really lazy and just been depositing and withdrawing a lot more with the BOI account as I had another CC for most things punting but nearly all sites have stopped accepting CCs for depositing even if they are in the green. God help me if i ever had to go get another mortgage. I keep a very strict record of all gambling/poker to the cent on an Excel sheet but even a quick tally of just Sports Betting shows €70k+gone in or out this year already. Id imagine there a plenty here with a lot worse. Doesnt even include Poker although not playing much this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I feel left out. I haven't got any of these.
                                    Me neither, but loads of Garda tweets about it.
                                    then again, I don't even have a GP so I doubt I was in the system that was hacked a while ago.
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Me neither, but loads of Garda tweets about it.
                                      then again, I don't even have a GP so I doubt I was in the system that was hacked a while ago.
                                      Strangely Im getting them on my work number but not my personal number. Cant see how that number was on any sort of hacked system, HSE or otherwise.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Jesus. First they came for the drink, then they came for the meat and then they came for the punting.

Someone has to stop this madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Jesus. First they came for the drink, then they came for the meat and then they came for the punting.

Ha, they will never take the drink and meat from me.
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            Career related puzzle for the BBV.

I've been at my current company for almost 3 years. Initially on contract for 9 month, direct for the last 2 years. Since moving to direct/salary I haven't had a performance review. I can let that slide for 2020 given the madness. So requesting a review this week. The usually stuff, KPIs, pay review, where do you see yourself etc.
                                            I'm pretty happy here, and I think I seen and a valuable resource for the team and wider office.
                                            I'm pretty much at a point where a promotion to the only real progression other than minor salary bumps. No idea what the timeframe might be for that or if it's even an option right now.
                                            I'd be happy to continue here as is regardless, however...

...former colleague has from a spanner into the works. She's recommend me to her boss for a role at their company - which is commercial real estate focused rather than design.
                                            I've met the boss for coffee, went well. He's basically said he wants me to jump over. Send me a job description, which is basically a promotion in title. No idea what the salary is, but they are a billion dollar fortune 500 type company, it's not gonna be shit. I'd rather not move, but there's a very real chance that the offer will be too good to turn down.

I'm kinda in a bizarre mindset where I'm hoping the current management are pricks in my review, or the offer is similar to current. So it's an easy decision.
                                            But most likely it's going to be a good review, and a great offer. This is not a bad "problem" to have - I just want it to be easy.
                                            My advice would be to take the money out of the equation first off and ask yourself a few questions such as.

do you want to move into real estate, what’s the company culture like, what’s the work life balance like, where will you learn more and most importantly which set of people do you want to spend a large part of your waking days with for the next 5 years. Etc etc

obv a massive offer one way or the other will make a difference but usually both sides come within a few k of each other which has a fairly neglible impact on your life after tax compared to how much you enjoy your job.

Comment

Looks like I’ll be moving jobs again. Nice uplift and I get to work out of Austin or Houston in winter. Year round golf!! Also get the ok and encouragement to work on my app.

Oil and Gas industry too. Never ever thought I’d end up here but also never thought I’d end up in the Canadian prairies.

funny how life turns out.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Can't remember my last bet. Think it was in 2019. Could have been 2018.

Haven't placed an online bet in about six years. Since before we got a joint account
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                  Your email came from eu40.salesforce.com, of course it works
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Here's the recipe for Eamo's Ramsey Mackerels if anyone wants it.

Timings and temps.

Comment

Another bit of financial gardening complete - old pension transferred into new.

There were some perfectly valid reasons not to do this but it came down to returns and the old scheme was via Irish Life, who are consistently below benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Can't remember my last bet. Think it was in 2019. Could have been 2018.

Haven't placed an online bet in about six years. Since before we got a joint account
                                                        You lost a bet to me on the US election.

Comment

Expecting a Pickford blunder. Hes due

Comment

A few already. Terrible goalkeeper

Comment

I put a cheeky bet on Denmark via penalties at 9/1 before the game. Not expecting to win but...

Comment

Did you cash out of your bet?

Comment

Ah, it was a serious free kick. Dipped like mad.

Comment

I had a bit over 100k traded on binance before I realised I hadn't a clue what I was doing. Oddly doesn't seem to even figure in terms of mortgage approval - betting on your mates horse when you know he's getting a bolt of coke before the race is apparently the king's evil, but trading an obscure instrument primarily used for paying out on hacking extortion and for buying drugs and hitmen is a-okay.
                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

You lost a bet to me on the US election.
                                                                      Ha, oh yeah. Forgot that. Had bookie shops in my mind

Comment

Nice goal by England too. Game has really perked up.

Comment

Ah, it was a serious free kick. Dipped like mad.
                                                                          Not talking about the goal. Which was bad enough

Comment

3-1 England final score?
                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If I was disciplined I'd rule the world . See how long this goes

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Did you cash out of your bet?
                                                                                Yes. After the Ukraine game .

Comment

Yes. After the Ukraine game .
                                                                                  Ffs! Denmark and Italy have no chance now.

Comment

Ye complain about the Italians feigning. Kane went down there after a breath on his neck.

Comment

Ye complain about the Italians feigning. Kane went down there after a breath on his neck.
                                                                                      They all do it to some extent. The Italians are among the worst.

Comment

Unbelievably good reffing there while the rest of the world screams 'peno!'

Comment

It's coming home on a 3 wheeled wagon carrying gelignite . Squeaky bum time

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Whats the point in having VAR if you are going to give that?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Not too sure. Looked a fairly clear dive to me.

Comment

Can the Danes come back from the dead ?

Comment

Is it the equivalent of 'is there a reason I cannot award the try?'

England been the better team since 70 mins or so anyway.

Comment

Softest penalty I've ever seen. Utd wouldn't even get that at Old Trafford.

Comment

Meh, best team won. Some impact from the bench.

Comment

Meh, best team won. Some impact from the bench.
                                                                                                          Bit hypocritical of you. They won with a dive .

Comment

But there was no reason to award the penalty, England looking more likely to score is irrelevant.

Comment

Forza Italia

Comment

But there was no reason to award the penalty
                                                                                                                I guess that's the system soccer has come up with though. Actually makes rugby look good. And cricket look like geniuses!

I'm happy for the more attacking team to win.

Comment

They have gone totally mad on ITV. You would think they won the final and the final of the world and universe cups combined. Commentator telling viewers to call their boss and say they are not going to be in tomorrow. What are they going to be like if they win the final?
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I guess that's the system soccer has come up with though. Actually makes rugby look good. And cricket look like geniuses!

I'm happy for the more attacking team to win.
                                                                                                                    Gudjaysus

Comment

Could be a great final. Really enjoyed the tournament, although I did miss a week of it.

Comment

Better positive play all right however Spain played better football v Italy and yet adios muchacos.

Only 1 English player scored and that was a result of a blatant dive.

Think it will be a better final though.

Comment

We've kinda led a charmed life for 40 years - penalty defeats, hand of god, Keegan's missed header, marginal sending-offs for Beckham and Rooney, Ronaldinho's fluke, long throws from Iceland, the Lampard goal being ruled not over the line.
                                                                                                                          The day had to come eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X