This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post
    Started dabbling on a tiny scale with Crypto on Revolut. I've noticed they take a percentage/flat fee when i buy it but...... when i sell do i get everything? i.e. if i see that my BTC holding is now €100 do i get that in full when i sell?
    No, they take a fee for selling too.

House always wins.

My losses on Crypto pretty much equal the fees.
    Made loads of stupid mistakes at the start.

They give a number of free trades at the start and I didn't really notice/appreciate how much they were actually charging me. Just jumped into the game without checking the rake.

Biggest mistake was not having a plan.
    Finger hovering over the sell button at every dip.

Anytime I bought it went down, when I sold it went up.
    When I tried to fool the system by deciding to sell and then at the last second running away and hiding under a pile of coats it still went down

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Fill in total spend for year for electricity and broadband in two boxes and then state how many days you worked from home in another box.
      You gotta subtract weekends, public holidays, and annual leave or wha?
      I imagine you do and then the return would be like 50 - 100 max or something?
      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-01-21, 21:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Didn't put much thought into it. I'm on call weekends anyway. Just pulled a number out of my head. 260 or something like that.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had an interesting meeting first thing this morning.

Company we tried to win business off a few years back contacted me out of the blue a few weeks ago.

We originally fell at the final hurdle after winning over the Irish team only for the owner (non Irish and based abroad, who we never got to meet, decided to stay with their imcumbent)

Turns out the incumbent recently fucked them over big time so we got to have a meeting with the Irish team and the owner.

Two minutes into the meeting, the owner has used, 'fuck' 'bullshit' 'cunt' multiple times, not aggro in any way, just how he talks, every fifth word is a curse.

He later uses the phrase 'It's like Mike Tyson having consensual sex' to illustrate how unbelievable something was.

If we lock the account up this time, we could be in for an interesting ride...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe it's something like 10% of your electricity bill and 30% of your broadband bill * number of day worked per year.

Not sure if i picked it up right from a friend during the week that you will then only get 20% of this figure from revenue. Essentially, most people will get a pittance back.

Comment

Yeah, where is riggs anyway?
                Still kickin. Passed on your regards

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

You cunce chased one of the smartiest away

Do hope he isn't gone.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Sulking.

Like Solks used to do, and he's back and settled now.

And like Solks he'll be back. We miss him. He's good value.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

@LaoLao

My favourite part of sales/retention is the people you meet.
                    Love chatting to the different characters you meet about their business/hobbies etc.
                    One of my customers does the same routine every year. Gives out about any proposal I bring to him, talks in circles for ages then eventually signs. I already have the paperwork filled out ready to go before I meet knowing full well hes going with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Sulking.

Like Solks used to do, and he's back and settled now.

And like Solks he'll be back. We miss him. He's good value.
                      It's called Solking actually.
                      also my departures were frustrations as speky cunce who wouldn't say boo to you IRL basically were insulting and receiving cliquey back up. Now I no longer give 2 shits .as I'm a speky cunce myself.
                      So I solked off . Cunce still bring it up though when I meet you, I'll cut ya.

What happened with Raoul? I'm a fecker for only reading the last few posts . Come back RD at least for Cheltenham.

SOLK OUT

Comment

Actually could do with RD3s opinion (and of course y'all)
                        Brothers 60th in April.

Brothers into writing as a hobby and obviously enjoys reading.

Was thinking a 1st edition book would be a good present but a bit clueless as to fair prices. Due Dil would be just comparing vendors prices/condition of book I guess and then haggle a bit. Biggest thing would not be getting scammed so would prob end up going to a mainstream dealer = higher price more likely.

Or a scarf?

Comment

What's this RDIII being gone stuff?

Comment

...Sticking this in for the wider audience... AJ runs the multi sport competition, and it's by far the best run and most interesting competition to enter (apologies to the horse and FF people)... Takes a bit of time to get initial selections sorted- but then pretty much zero input after it (make 4 changes in a year if you like)...
                            ...The competition was great for interest in several events you wouldn't normally like- I followed the womens handball on betfair live as it was having an effect on the overall scores)...

...So take a few minutes, (maybe an hour), send €40 and your selections, and enjoy a great year of mixed sports- with a good chance of coming 2nd behind me...

https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...rt-competition

Comment

Daniel/Doug match update

Polk has massive side bets along with many of his friends on him just winning. So after Daniel booked the $390k winning session last week he came back this week and for the first time this match he starts limping the button when the match still has 6k hands left trying to lower variance to make sure he gets over the line ahead. Daniel has a pretty good rant after the session calling him Grandpa Polk. It is quite a change of tune from Doug after all his bravo about backing up the truck but given his side bets are probably worth many multiples of what he can win from this point it is understandable.

So they come back yesterday and Daniel starts tanking every decision for like 20 seconds. They agreed to a minimum of 2 hours 3 times a week so he is slowing the match to a crawl in an attempt to bleed out as few hands as possible while he studies Doug's limping strategy as he hasn't prepared for this at all while also putting Doug on life tilt as he has openly said he doesn't enjoy poker anymore and wants the match done asap so drawing this out is his worst nightmare. They exchange words and eventually decide to call Galfond in to adjudicate early in the session. Daniel isn't doing anything outside the rules so they continue and Doug stops limping but is furious.

Cool -$14.8m for the r/wsb end boss today.

opzucppb15e61.png
                              Last edited by Opr; 28-01-21, 22:30.

Comment

And you claim 40% of that

Comment

Denny Is he saying here that they have effectively shut off the tap to buy orders to protect them because he isn't confident in the other side being able to pay. So they are protecting the short side?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

You cunce chased one of the smartiest away

Do hope he isn't gone.
                                    ​​​​​​
                                    Ha, he'd hardly do a baby_solks on it. He's presumably over stressed by something. A lot of people gone weird in these last few months for all manner of reasons.
                                    ​​​​
                                    ​​​
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      Denny Is he saying here that they have effectively shut off the tap to buy orders to protect them because he isn't confident in the other side being able to pay. So they are protecting the short side?

He;s saying he's not confident in either side being able to pay. Gamestop could drop 50%+ overnight and wipe out accounts that are long. Brokerages are the hook for whatever way the market move. They shut off selling too, not just buying. Margin requirements for exchanges and clearers has gone up massively. Once people start to worry about counter-party risk, things get difficult.

This stuff happens at a smaller level all the time. Margin rates go up to curtail risk when things get volatile.

No one want left on the hook
                                      The swiss franc put brokers out of business
                                      https://www.ft.com/content/a1d0ca62-...3-00144feabdc0
                                      Oil was a big loss too
                                      https://www.financemagnates.com/fore...o-104-million/
                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-01-21, 00:24.

Comment

New Madlib album Sound Ancestors just came out at midnight. Arranged/mastered by four tet.

Might interest some. And others should give it a try it's just a lovely arrangement of nice sounds
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          They're able to close positions. Just not open positions. In either direction.
                                          I think people are generally assuming that, in this situation, Opening = buying. Realise that might not be accurate

Should get a little sub-forum going here for picks. Seems to be a fair bit of interest.
                                          I think that would get a decent number of takers

Yeah but trading isn't a table game. You can lose more then what's in front of you. Leaving others on the hook for the $$. Hence why they're restricting people.

Exchanges do this all the time to protect themselves.
                                          What happens if somebody get themselves screwed with options. And owes 6-figures more than they have in the account. Where does the rest of the money come from.
                                          Is it covered by RH or whoever? Or it is up to the individual to chase them in court?

Remember that WBS guy who dieds on Apple puts. What would have happened to him?

Comment

He;s saying he's not confident in either side being able to pay. Gamestop could drop 50%+ overnight and wipe out accounts that are long. Brokerages are the hook for whatever way the market move. They shut off selling too, not just buying. Margin requirements for exchanges and clearers has gone up massively. Once people start to worry about counter-party risk, things get difficult.

This stuff happens at a smaller level all the time. Margin rates go up to curtail risk when things get volatile.

No one want left on the hook
                                            The swiss franc put brokers out of business
                                            https://www.ft.com/content/a1d0ca62-...3-00144feabdc0
                                            Oil was a big loss too
                                            https://www.financemagnates.com/fore...o-104-million/
                                            he is saying that though! he is saying we gotta protect the system, our market infrastructure, while people are mid game. He wouldn't say that to a fund. Its all good for BTC and decentralised finance

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

he is saying that though! he is saying we gotta protect the system, our market infrastructure, while people are mid game. He wouldn't say that to a fund. Its all good for BTC and decentralised finance
                                              And he is right there are liquidity and settlement risks, where those markets are open 8 hours a day and 5 days a week, and contingent liabilities are pre arranged. Its archaic

Comment

Google deleting 100k 1 star reviews for Robinhood, people not happy about their involvement with Cirtadel (getting 40% of their revenue from them) and so on, the subreddit is great reading haha.
                                                AOC is on Twitch now discussing it all.

Comment

VnrXqwb.png

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I think people are generally assuming that, in this situation, Opening = buying. Realise that might not be accurate

I think that would get a decent number of takers

What happens if somebody get themselves screwed with options. And owes 6-figures more than they have in the account. Where does the rest of the money come from.
                                                    Is it covered by RH or whoever? Or it is up to the individual to chase them in court?

Remember that WBS guy who dieds on Apple puts. What would have happened to him?
                                                    RH would be have to cover it. And they'd pursue the client. They maxed out their credit lines last night.

this is why things are getting restricted. Everyone is worried about counterparty risk.

At least hedge funds have decent credit. It's mostly retail who would get screwed here, and don't have the ability to pay.

Comment

It's an amazing news story in the sense that nearly everything about it is misreported, and even most of the participants don't understand what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

He has billion dollar liabilities whichever way the market moves. This isn't some fund versus reddit.

Bitcoin can barely handle the volume it does now. It will never be viable to have hundred of millions of orders trading through decentralised network every day.

Comment

He has billion dollar liabilities whichever way the market moves. This isn't some fund versus reddit.

Bitcoin can barely handle the volume it does now. It will never be viable to have hundred of millions of orders trading through decentralised network every day.
                                                          Something like the lightning netwotk or another layer 2 protocol should be able to handle over a million transactions a second. That stuff is solvable.

Comment

Hello amazon.ie

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The wife shouted from upstairs . Do you ever get a sharp pain across your chest as though someone had a voodoo doll of you and were stabbing it ? NO , not at all I said

How about now ...
                                                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 29-01-21, 10:40.

Comment

Sold some of my bitcoins at 7.30 for €1100
                                                                8.30 to 8.45 = 15% increase

Reverse Midas touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  The wife shouted from upstairs . Do you ever get a sharp pain across your chest as though someone had a voodoo doll of you and were stabbing it ? NO , not at all I said

How about now ...
                                                                  And people said we were missing Raoul. pfft.
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In case people miss it.
                                                                    Hi All, It's been a while but I wanted to post here first as I know my Grandfather had many great friends on here. After a two week battle with Covid, and after suffering a severe stroke in August '19 he sadly passed away in the early hours. It would be very comforting for myself and family members if you would share any

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

How is what retail investors doing illegal? That's nonsense.

Also, why not just force people to use cash like other brokers instead of turning it all off?

Why are people saying what he is saying is illegal?

Comment

How is what retail investors doing illegal? That's nonsense.

Also, why not just force people to use cash like other brokers instead of turning it all off?

Why are people saying what he is saying is illegal?
                                                                        The volatility is the killer with all the margin buying. It’s impossible to put stop losses in place so if some punter decides to sell a call option and it goes to the moonintraday, how much cash do you think people will have in their accounts?
                                                                        he seems to be afraid of two things, if things go badly then his customers won’t be able to pay and so he’ll have to. If they go well the counterparty (despite being a clearing house) also won’t pay so he’ll lose out as he has to pay the customer.

also let’s look at what people would say if they let trading continue and it hit $2000, the level of risk just becomes unacceptable.

the reality is that this was a short squeeze, worked well, you’ve made a multi multi bagger and yet as ever no one wants to recognise the party is over and greed is taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

No, they take a fee for selling too.

House always wins.

My losses on Crypto pretty much equal the fees.
                                                                          Made loads of stupid mistakes at the start.

They give a number of free trades at the start and I didn't really notice/appreciate how much they were actually charging me. Just jumped into the game without checking the rake.

Biggest mistake was not having a plan.
                                                                          Finger hovering over the sell button at every dip.

Anytime I bought it went down, when I sold it went up.
                                                                          When I tried to fool the system by deciding to sell and then at the last second running away and hiding under a pile of coats it still went down

Yep I did that.
                                                                          ended up spunking a few hundred up against the wall as gave up as my holdings withered to practcally worthless.
                                                                          2000 LEND tokens worth about .30c so I closed kucoin and promptly forgot all about it

fast forward 2 years and LEND merges on a 100:1 ratio with AAVE
                                                                          and my 20odd AAVE coins are worth €240 each
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                            The volatility is the killer with all the margin buying. It’s impossible to put stop losses in place so if some punter decides to sell a call option and it goes to the moonintraday, how much cash do you think people will have in their accounts?
                                                                            he seems to be afraid of two things, if things go badly then his customers won’t be able to pay and so he’ll have to. If they go well the counterparty (despite being a clearing house) also won’t pay so he’ll lose out as he has to pay the customer.

also let’s look at what people would say if they let trading continue and it hit $2000, the level of risk just becomes unacceptable.

the reality is that this was a short squeeze, worked well, you’ve made a multi multi bagger and yet as ever no one wants to recognise the party is over and greed is taking over.
                                                                            I was referring to turning off margins, and leaving people the ability to buy the actual shares with money in their accounts.
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-01-21, 12:54.

Comment

Started buying stocks yesterday but the site knows what's up. Look at me. I am the Denny now.

hUnztsf.png

Comment

It's an amazing news story in the sense that nearly everything about it is misreported, and even most of the participants don't understand what's going on.
                                                                                So the consensus then is that basically this guy is right

Solid competitor to 4Seasons Total landscaping in the funniest thing eveah league

Also

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                  Sold some of my bitcoins at 7.30 for €1100
                                                                                  8.30 to 8.45 = 15% increase

Reverse Midas touch.
                                                                                  Bad news is elon is aboard now so it's up 6k since 8:30. He bought your bitcoin.

Comment

Must be nice to be Musk though. By a random stock or coin. Tweet something cryptic about it. Watch is rise 10%. Sell.

Comment

Bad news is elon is aboard now so it's up 6k since 8:30. He bought your bitcoin.

Ah well, at least the rest of my loot had a nice uptick!

That's it though ..HODL

Comment

I was referring to turning off margins, and leaving people the ability to buy the actual shares with money in their accounts.
                                                                                        As I pushed send I realised I didn’t even touch on your question. iPad typing makes it hard!

no idea why it’s illegal, I haven’t seen anything.

The margin question is because unless every broker makes them trade on cash rather than margin the same issue exists. They might not get paid i.e. you buy through me on cash, counter party opens a short position and doesn’t have collateral, then I may have to pay you if the clearing house or broker fails. I might ask, especially if I’m allowing trades for free, whether it’s worth the hassle.

Comment

Just to echo what luckforsome said, 2021 edition of the Multi Sport Competition is open.
                                                                                          Closing date for entries of next Saturday just before the 6 Nations starts.
                                                                                          Pick the winners of everything from Champions League to Stanley Cup, get points, win money.

Tables are a bit of mess on 'new' IPB unfortunately, so going to do as much of the competition as possible via google spreadsheets. So the attached document is the initial list of events for this years competition. (Some more events will be added in July as this format seemed to work well last year). https://docs.google.com/sp

limpwhacker. Will be mostly ran via google sheets this year, so the thread opening slowly because of all the tables won't be an issue.

Originally posted by RichieM
                                                                                          Will be up for another run at this. Its a great competition

Comment

WSJ interview with DFV:

I now have both Revolut and GME shares. Cheers Tar.

Comment

AMC, Nokia, Blackberry seem to be the nixt "plays"
                                                                                              And Dogecoin

Comment

Where do people recommend for trading? Trading212?, Degiro? 212 has no fees, so where is the money made? What about currency conversion charges on these places?
                                                                                                Probably be in 6 figures after I ramp up in a while with majority ETFs, some GME style fun. Same place recommended for ETFs vs individual picks? Or say like Degiro for ETFs (they have security up to 100k?), 212 for individual etc?
                                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-01-21, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  And Dogecoin
                                                                                                  This being public knowledge though the short positions can just be covered.
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

And Dogecoin
                                                                                                    Stocks in companies in a protracted death spiral, not unlike Gamestop, and a shite coin. What is the world coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      New Madlib album Sound Ancestors just came out at midnight. Arranged/mastered by four tet.

Might interest some. And others should give it a try it's just a lovely arrangement of nice sounds
                                                                                                      Gonna give that a spin later. Cheers.

Comment

Stocks in companies in a protracted death spiral, not unlike Gamestop, and a shite coin. What is the world coming to?
                                                                                                        I never said it was a good idea.
                                                                                                        WSB is generally just a crowd of maniacs throwing shit in all directions.
                                                                                                        It seems when they all throw together it causes repercussions.
                                                                                                        I think GME is hitting the tippy top pretty soon and will plummet once the paper hands start to sell their holdings.
                                                                                                        Theres gonna be some real sob stories at the end of this from people who threw money that they couldn't afford to lose in for the ride.

Comment

It’s a new paradigm

Comment

And Dogecoin
                                                                                                            Bought some Airline stock

Next 9/11 should hit soon no doubt.

Comment

Daniel/Doug match update

Polk has massive side bets along with many of his friends on him just winning. So after Daniel booked the $390k winning session last week he came back this week and for the first time this match he starts limping the button when the match still has 6k hands left trying to lower variance to make sure he gets over the line ahead. Daniel has a pretty good rant after the session calling him Grandpa Polk. It is quite a change of tune from Doug after all his bravo about backing up the truck but given his side bets are probably worth many multiples of what he can win from this point it is understandable.

So they come back yesterday and Daniel starts tanking every decision for like 20 seconds. They agreed to a minimum of 2 hours 3 times a week so he is slowing the match to a crawl in an attempt to bleed out as few hands as possible while he studies Doug's limping strategy as he hasn't prepared for this at all while also putting Doug on life tilt as he has openly said he doesn't enjoy poker anymore and wants the match done asap so drawing this out is his worst nightmare. They exchange words and eventually decide to call Galfond in to adjudicate early in the session. Daniel isn't doing anything outside the rules so they continue and Doug stops limping but is furious.

Cool -$14.8m for the r/wsb end boss today.

opzucppb15e61.png
                                                                                                              Thanks for the update OPR. This grudge match has kinda dragged me back into poker media as entertainment. I forgot how much I enjoyed the cut and thrust of the bravado, degeneracy, the next level thinking, the sub-level thinking and all the drama that entails.

I went back to 2+2 for the first time in a couple of years I'd say to look for a thread about GME degeneracy and who was winning and losing (someone on here mentioned some poker players had been caught on the wrong side I think).

Anyway, didn't find anything before I stumbled across a new Full Tilt/Black Friday tread started just yesterday AMA - Former Senior Full Tilt Employee 2007-2012.

Thought it might be of some interest to some on here. Nothing really that new so far (only 4 pages so easy enough to catch up) but its kinda intriguing and nostalgic to to look at it from this remove.

What a palaver!
                                                                                                              Last edited by BennyHiFi; 29-01-21, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Gonna give that a spin later. Cheers.
                                                                                                                Have it on now. Real good.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

They are all very brave now he's a castrated loser locked up in the swamp

Comment

Why did the EU invoke article 16? Really seems a misstep. It's not as if a meaningful amount of vaccines intended for Ireland were going to end up going to the UK via NI.
                                                                                                                    Just handed Westminster an excuse to do the same any time they want, and probably set back Rejoin sentiment in the UK by a few percentage points.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 29-01-21, 20:33.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Why did the EU invoke article 16? Really seems a misstep. It's not as if a meaningful amount of vaccines intended for Ireland were going to end up going to the UK via NI.
                                                                                                                      Just handed Westminster an excuse to do the same any time they want, and probably set back Rejoin sentiment in the UK by a few percentage points.
                                                                                                                      Mad stuff. No consultation with Irish Government.

Comment

Nice little video for Denise Chalia's Anseo ft. Jafaris dropped today.

Commendable given the circumstances and long may it continue... I honestly don't think I remember a time when such a wealth of talent was to the fore across so many genres of music (come at me!)

We're very lucky and I hope all this creativity gets rewarded when we get back to some kind of normal.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X