Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Best of Luck TylerD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ...
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

    Comment


      Need an inter county team to display some balls and leadership and announce they are pulling out of league and championship
      it’s going to turn farcical anyway with missing players etc so might as well nip it in the bud
      is it really worth it for some lad in Sligo or Carlow for example putting their family and communities health at risk so they can go out for their annual punishment beating?

      not to mentally all the morons that would be out whupping it up when their county wins

      apparently according to some lad on the news it’s crucial they go ahead for the nations mental health
      Last edited by PSV58; 15-10-20, 19:05.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

        Find it very very hard to see how Biden is any more than about 1/10 this close to the election and this far apart from Trump in the polls. So 1/2 is a ridic bargain. There's something weird happening that is propping up Trump prices - I'm thinking external money that needs to bet on Trump for a hedge, that is creating a falsely high price for Biden.
        Kelly says go to the mattress

        Comment


          Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

          Is that serious advice?
          Not entirely, with a bit of discretion and a good staking plan it could work out well. They are fighting for the jockeys title with only a few winners between them and you can be guaranteed their agents are all out to get them on anything they can with a live chance of winning but of course a lot of that gets priced in by the market.
          Turning millions into thousands

          Comment


            He has cried Woulfe again! Chucked another sickie before a scheduled meeting with the Chief Justice. Would really love to know what is going on here.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

            Comment


              Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
              He has cried Woulfe again! Chucked another sickie before a scheduled meeting with the Chief Justice. Would really love to know what is going on here.
              If only we had someone who was down in the four goldmines every day soaking up the gossip

              He must be a odds against to ever hear a case.
              Turning millions into thousands

              Comment


                Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                That was amazing!
                Yup. Fantastic. Better than I remembered! Held up really well. Steadman a class act.

                Comment


                  Think we have a few people involved in the motor industry here. Couple of questions.

                  1 - Can I lease a car in UK and drive it in Ireland? (2 year lease)
                  2 - Are there any decent car leasing options in Ireland?

                  Reason - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hyu...=hottest_deals - I'd be more than happy to pay ~€7k over 2 years for that car - but can't seem to find anything even approaching reasonable.

                  If not, I'm gonna end up buying a €10/12k runaround and driving it into the ground basically. Would rather not!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                    If only we had someone who was down in the four goldmines every day soaking up the gossip

                    He must be a odds against to ever hear a case.
                    Cant trust those Northsiders

                    Comment


                      Would have been some latter day Greek tragedy has Barron perished at the hands of the virus.
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                      Comment


                        do you have a uk driving licence and address?
                        cant drive a uk reg car in ireland on an irish licence without revenue wanting their vrt money
                        asaik

                        Comment


                          'The Trump Show' is on BBC2 at 9. Doubt they're fanbois, but the ads looked entertaining.
                          “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                            do you have a uk driving licence and address?
                            cant drive a uk reg car in ireland on an irish licence without revenue wanting their vrt money
                            asaik
                            yes - will be UK tax resident til March/April.

                            Though am also trying to get my UK licence swapped asap! (Having 'surrendered' the Irish one for a UK about 7 years ago)

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                              If only we had someone who was down in the four goldmines every day soaking up the gossip

                              He must be a odds against to ever hear a case.
                              He's probably planning on suing the State for emotional distress.

                              I'm only being half facetious too.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                              Comment


                                Also - what's the conspiracy theories on Woulfe? Starting to really really whiff.

                                Comment


                                  ...
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                  Comment


                                    I don’t know what your car needs are Emmet but this is a very good value second hand electric car bargain imo.

                                    https://www.electricautos.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=2670724

                                    Your depreciation will be no more than 1500 pa over 3 years in my opinion and the running costs, tax and insurance for 24000 km pa would be less than 1k.

                                    Sure it’s not the sexiest car but minimising the money you lose on a lump of metal sitting in your driveway is nice. Plus it’s a very pleasant and relaxing drive and has lots of extras.

                                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    Think we have a few people involved in the motor industry here. Couple of questions.

                                    1 - Can I lease a car in UK and drive it in Ireland? (2 year lease)
                                    2 - Are there any decent car leasing options in Ireland?

                                    Reason - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hyu...=hottest_deals - I'd be more than happy to pay ~€7k over 2 years for that car - but can't seem to find anything even approaching reasonable.

                                    If not, I'm gonna end up buying a €10/12k runaround and driving it into the ground basically. Would rather not!
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

                                    Comment


                                      Yeah definitely considering a Leaf alright. Just need to get my hands on something quite soon and not sure how easy it will be to find one! (All of the newer ones on that site are already reserved with deposit paid!)

                                      Comment


                                        Nice to sit down with a G&T and have a look at that course in Vegas in the golf.

                                        Comment


                                          Just give them a call and they’ll bring one in from the UK to order for you with whatever specs you’d like. A very nice husband and wife team and I’m a happy customer, I’d definitely be talking to them about sourcing any future second hand EV I might be considering. They could rent you something for a few weeks if you are really desperate.

                                          Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          Yeah definitely considering a Leaf alright. Just need to get my hands on something quite soon and not sure how easy it will be to find one! (All of the newer ones on that site are already reserved with deposit paid!)
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

                                          Comment


                                            Very good shout. Will give them a call this weekend probably

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              Also - what's the conspiracy theories on Woulfe? Starting to really really whiff.
                                              Could be that he is genuinely having a complete breakdown unable to face the reality that having slithered all the way up the greasy pole into the cushiest number a lad like him could ever hope for he went and fucked it up before he even got started. Probably is delusional enough to believe that he is the victim of a terrible injustice and is 'hoping against hope' that if he brazens it out for long enough everyone will forget about it.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

                                              Comment


                                                Some fairly trenchant criticisms of Trump this evening:

                                                he kisses dictators’ butts
                                                The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership, the way he treats women, spends like a drunken sailor
                                                he mocks evangelicals behind closed doors. His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He’s flirted with white supremacists
                                                what crazy radical left fake news whackjob would say such things!?

                                                eh, Senator Sasse (Republican, Nebraska).

                                                rats and ships spring to mind....
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Could be that he is genuinely having a complete breakdown unable to face the reality that having slithered all the way up the greasy pole into the cushiest number a lad like him could ever hope for he went and fucked it up before he even got started. Probably is delusional enough to believe that he is the victim of a terrible injustice and is 'hoping against hope' that if he brazens it out for long enough everyone will forget about it.
                                                  I'm telling you, the fucker will have the neck, and the sense of entitlement, to launch a lawsuit over this....
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Some fairly trenchant criticisms of Trump this evening:





                                                    what crazy radical left fake news whackjob would say such things!?

                                                    eh, Senator Sasse (Republican, Nebraska).

                                                    rats and ships spring to mind....
                                                    Apparently Rupert Murdoch is letting it be known he's off the train too
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                    Comment


                                                      ...
                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                      Comment


                                                        ...
                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                        Comment


                                                          Senate hearings for Supreme court nominations must be close to, if not, the futile political exercise.

                                                          Hours of simply dodging questions and clinging to any semblance of meaning in a candidates answers all the while knowing that unless they have a complete brain fart they'll inevitably be confirmed anyway.

                                                          Comment


                                                            The emperor has no clothes . Trump is toast

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                              Senate hearings for Supreme court nominations must be close to, if not, the futile political exercise.

                                                              Hours of simply dodging questions and clinging to any semblance of meaning in a candidates answers all the while knowing that unless they have a complete brain fart they'll inevitably be confirmed anyway.
                                                              Ah here . You know what was going on. It was just a showcase

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                Am maybe two weeks off patches and therefore two weeks without nicotine for the first time in about 20 years. That's a hell of a drug!

                                                                Suspect the reason the first few weeks post-surgery were so hard was due to adjusting to low-level nicotine patches. Spoke to the tobacologist around that time and she was saying - don't rush off the patches, keep them on for a few months until you don't even think about it. And it kinda worked, but the need for a nicotine rush from a cig is still so hardgrained that the patches could never quite cover that up. Then on the self-determined last day on the patches everything was meant to be grand, but it most definitely was not. It was low-level angst though, compared to massive angst if you were to proper quit cold turkey. That's all the relief that three months of patches bought. The body definitely knew something was up and wasn't happy about it. What a fucker of a thing, and you can just go into a shop and buy all you want of it.
                                                                Have you ever tried vaping at any stage?

                                                                Non-smoker here but I've several mates who went off cigs completely by turning to vaping. Even after tuning the nicotine levels way down they still vape. Not sure if it's the hand to mouth habit or a comforting anti anxiety reflex type thing though. Perhaps some regular vapers here could answer that.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  It is so, so, so mad that tobacco/nicotine products were ever legal and so commonly available. I am fully convinced that in 100 years, when the tobacco industry is dust, people will look back on the 20th century in particular and wonder WTF went on that various low level drugs were illegal, but the fantastically addictive and very harmful tobacco products were fucking everywhere.

                                                                  Almost everything about them is terrible; they smell awful, they're unbelievably expensive, smoking a cigarette is like holding up a sign saying 'I'm more likely to be less educated and/or from a low socio-economic background', they litter the place and of course, lead to serious health problems on top of all of that! It's just crazy when you think about it.

                                                                  I suppose some people *do* look a bit cooler while smoking, so.... swings and roundabouts I guess

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by coillcam View Post

                                                                    Have you ever tried vaping at any stage?
                                                                    About 10 years ago (11/2/2010)

                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to...
                                                                    Three weeks off cigs now using an e-cig. Was originally using a patch as well, but gave it up as it wasn't contributing anything. Incredibly easy to quit and zero problems with cravings! (never thought i'd be saying that tbh)

                                                                    Would highly recommend considering this as a quit-aid. Have set next Thursday as my last day on the e-cig, so it'll have been a month quitting using these, and then nicotine free from that point hopefully.
                                                                    “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                      Ah here . You know what was going on. It was just a showcase
                                                                      Absolutely but even in spite of us all knowing that, they are still analysed so meticulously.

                                                                      I followed the Kauvanagh one but there was legit character questions there even though everything was effectively known and it was foregone conclusion.

                                                                      Barrett seems quite clean cut irrespective of views and is simply batting away the same questions for hours on end.

                                                                      I feel it's the type of thing that was maybe valuable years ago before everything people could know about a person was known prior to the hearings.

                                                                      However in the current era, it's just the most mundane showcase imaginable but people continue to go through it with a fine tooth comb for effectively nothing.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        I see Trump refused to condemn QANon last night. That's a winning move alright.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          I dont disagree with anything you've said but isnt that US politics in a nutshell at the moment. Any platform will do once they can continuously pick away at an opponent hoping for that one soundbite that gives them a home run. The electorate lap it up . The tragicomedy of the Trump administration has made even the casual observer funking real hard to witness anything that will lead to his demise. I dont remember in my lifetime paying any heed to these mundane exchanges before.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            I dont disagree with anything you've said but isnt that US politics in a nutshell at the moment. Any platform will do once they can continuously pick away at an opponent hoping for that one soundbite that gives them a home run. The electorate lap it up . The tragicomedy of the Trump administration has made even the casual observer funking real hard to witness anything that will lead to his demise. I dont remember in my lifetime paying any heed to these mundane exchanges before.
                                                                            I don't think we ever had a president who gladly accepted support from people who believe a gang of satanist paedophiles are plotting to overthrow the US government.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              ...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                ...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                  Ha. There was many more attempts after that through vaping, but I could just never get to no nicotine. Each to their own but for me it never broke the link with the act of smoking.
                                                                                  I gave up the vaping for a full 3 months last year. So even though it was physically well gone, the desire was not. Gone the opposite way now, and smoking a cigar once a week. May even take up pipe smoking, just to be weirder
                                                                                  “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Wow, I thought only Denny posted links to BabylonBee

                                                                                    “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        ...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Apparently he was reading a satirical piece ... is this from Babylon Bee hard to tell with the Ayn Rand followers not doing wit or humor... but y'know when you are winning bigly and you are the smartest man in the room... as long as that room is the jacks you are tweeting from

                                                                                          EkcXaCHXgAEenhy?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 16-10-20, 11:38.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            ...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              He's really honing in on his niche. Maybe as a way of having a mob he can call on after leaving office who will physically protect him if any criminal charges were to be processed?!
                                                                                              still feeling supremely confident about your Brexit bet? After all, Boris has entered the room and it's all going very well.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                ionapaul I think you're underselling how amazing a drug nicotine is. It's fucking whopper and I miss it every day.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  ...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    ...
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      ...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                        but isn't it a bit like heroin. you only miss it because its gone, not because it was doing something fundamentally amazing.
                                                                                                        What it does is amazing, it creates an itch only it can scratch and the brain will direct addicts to scratch that itch before any other needs are satisfied.

                                                                                                        Any purported benefit is merely a result of the itch being scratched.
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                          I'm definitely going to be handing over €50, but my point was fundamentally correct! There is going to be a deal and it was never in doubt despite the media theatre over the last few years. The EU always makes a deal. The debate now is merely about which week it will happen in. So I feel you've both learned an important lesson about overtrusting media stories and earned some cash.
                                                                                                          Yes, well now I feel like both a loser and a winner simultaneously.

                                                                                                          The sweet, sweet smell of Hitch cash will have to sooth my furrowed brow.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Did a cold turkey on smoking and it was pretty much a mild withdrawal thankfully. Missed it most after dinner or having coffee but within a few weeks that faded. Funnily enough when the smoking ban came in resumed the habit as all the crack was outside! Started at 17 years old.Probably smoked for 10 years in total. Occasionally had one when out drinking but doesn't look like we will be getting a chance to fo that in the near future.


                                                                                                            PS
                                                                                                            Quite enjoyed those synthetic opiates the GP prescribed when I had shingles. Potentially very addictive...hmmm...wish I had me some of that good stuff man
                                                                                                            Last edited by dinekes; 16-10-20, 12:24.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              ionapaul I think you're underselling how amazing a drug nicotine is. It's fucking whopper and I miss it every day.
                                                                                                              Seriously? it's an absolutely pathetically wimpy high (and i was a heavy smoker for 20 years). as SP said, it's just an itch. Give me Class As (even alcohol) any day of the week!!

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                ...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

                                                                                                                  Seriously? it's an absolutely pathetically wimpy high (and i was a heavy smoker for 20 years). as SP said, it's just an itch. Give me Class As (even alcohol) any day of the week!!
                                                                                                                  It has multiple measurable effects including mood regulation, attention increase and reduction in appetite. Anyone who thinks the only high you get is from the relief of cravings is full of shit. There's tons of ongoing research into nicotine's therapeutic benefits. If it wasn't so ridiculously addictive we'd all be getting it prescribed for a long list of mental and physical conditions.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

                                                                                                                    It has multiple measurable effects including mood regulation, attention increase and reduction in appetite. Anyone who thinks the only high you get is from the relief of cravings is full of shit. There's tons of ongoing research into nicotine's therapeutic benefits. If it wasn't so ridiculously addictive we'd all be getting it prescribed for a long list of mental and physical conditions.
                                                                                                                    I got a chuckle out of that whilst looking at your' leave Britney alone' picture .

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Boris does not sound like a man who's about to cut a deal.
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

                                                                                                                        It has multiple measurable effects including mood regulation, attention increase and reduction in appetite. Anyone who thinks the only high you get is from the relief of cravings is full of shit. There's tons of ongoing research into nicotine's therapeutic benefits. If it wasn't so ridiculously addictive we'd all be getting it prescribed for a long list of mental and physical conditions.
                                                                                                                        we don't smoke for any of those therapeutic benefits though do we? and as far as smoking goes, the negatives far outweigh the positives. I've got no issue in nicotine being used therapeutically, but it certainly won't be administered via a cigarette!

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                          It is so, so, so mad that tobacco/nicotine products were ever legal and so commonly available. I am fully convinced that in 100 years, when the tobacco industry is dust, people will look back on the 20th century in particular and wonder WTF went on that various low level drugs were illegal, but the fantastically addictive and very harmful tobacco products were fucking everywhere.
                                                                                                                          Tobacco has been smoked wherever there has been tobacco since time immemorial, and it has been cultivated for about seven thousand years. I agree that people will look back on drug prohibition with puzzlement.

                                                                                                                          Andy is right that it has a range of positive effects, and that Alan Carr nonsense that it only removes the negative effect of withdrawal is an untrue but possibly useful artifice to convince some people it's not worth it. It is particularly helpful to better regulate sensory gating in the brain (filtering out irrelevant sensory stimuli from reaching awareness) which is a feature of a number of mental health disorders, and helps explain why smoking is far more prevalent among those with mental health difficulties.

                                                                                                                          *This post is brought to you byPhilip Morris International, your partner is smoking your way to better mental health and happiness. Try our new menthol range.*

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X