X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

While wouldn't wish for the virus to take Trump's life, I wouldn't wish him well either.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Today was a great day for sports.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

So opening the pubs was a great idea then

Closing everything down for a few weeks is going to be a tough sell
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Open schools are the virus ridden elephant in the room.
            Last edited by Wombatman; 04-10-20, 21:15.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The same thing I would want today, I would want again tomorrow...

This too shall pass.

Comment

He clearly thinks he's over the worst of it

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                  He clearly thinks he's over the worst of it

Looks like an off road version of a hearse - he might be in worse shape then he is letting on

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      The same thing I would want today, I would want again tomorrow...

I follow these . They do great covers . Dylan would love this .

Comment

Comment

SERGIO . shot of the month

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            I see we have Level 5 coming up. Wish I hadn't thrown away all that stockpiled loo roll on the move here.
                            It really is a no brainer at that price.

I was just thinking today that the first person to make Among Us in VR is going to make a fortune. It would work amazingly well in VR and would also be social and fun for groups to play together.

Comment

Thumbs up for The Comey Rule. Gripping stuff.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I follow these . They do great covers . Dylan would love this .
                                Ah stop, such a great cover, so much pasion.

Had a load of follow on youtube lined up, but this new vbullitan thing doesnt let it flow like it did/should.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

One of the most underrated guitarists of all time.
                                    pity how the Alzheimers hit him . So fecking smooth . It's like an extra limb . His genius is subtle in this clip .

Comment

So the secret service haven't been too secretive about how pissed off they are at the lack of respect and willingness to risk them by Trump but...

He is the worst kind of cunt and if you are a fanboy (because at this stage it's all about being bought in and refusing to let go)
                                      Seek help!

I hope he lives because... prison

Funny how the right-wing groups are supporting him while claiming to be hunting pedo's

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

It really is a no brainer at that price.

I was just thinking today that the first person to make Among Us in VR is going to make a fortune. It would work amazingly well in VR and would also be social and fun for groups to play together.
                                        I think there is some version of it in Rec Room.. My son plays that game a lot.
                                        I'd love to play some Among Us with voice chat if someone will organise it. Would be great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          So the secret service haven't been too secretive about how pissed off they are at the lack of respect and willingness to risk them by Trump but...

He is the worst kind of cunt and if you are a fanboy (because at this stage it's all about being bought in and refusing to let go)
                                          Seek help!

I hope he lives because... prison

Funny how the right-wing groups are supporting him while claiming to be hunting pedo's
                                          Tut tut. That's somebody's grandfather you are talking about.

As opposed to the 100s of thousands of nobodys grandfathers..

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            So opening the pubs was a great idea then

Closing everything down for a few weeks is going to be a tough sell
                                            I'm a bar manager (well technically I'm a student now I suppose...) and I haven't set foot in a pub since I handed over the keys of the pub in France after locking it up... Because...

Comment

Tut tut. That's somebody's grandfather you are talking about.

As opposed to the 100s of thousands of nobodys grandfathers..
                                              I thought mentioning that he is a grandfather was particularly ridiculous, I've been laughing about that for days. You could make some pretty funny obituaries for historical baddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I thought mentioning that he is a grandfather was particularly ridiculous, I've been laughing about that for days. You could make some pretty funny obituaries for historical baddies.
                                                Here lies Donald Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  Anyone here have a Zwift setup? I'm thinking of investing in one.
                                                  Yeah I have a smart trainer I bought in Halfords just before the lockdown. Indoor training is actually much less terrible than I expected it to be. Get at least one excellent fan.

Comment

Trump at his highest estimated approval ratings since mid April. The margins are very small but trajectory is interesting. Little in the way of oscillations since a low of 40.8% at end of July to 44.7% now.

Perhaps the incumbent always sees an increase in approval ratings closer to election time and obviously doesn’t mean Biden isn’t crushing in the polls but I think the polls/ratings will be interesting in the coming days.

Comment

Among us is great craic. Was playing last night with a a bunch of Brazilians. Some chance of trying to figure out what's happening with 9 lads shouting over each other in Portuguese and me flat out on Google translate - blue was in the vents!

If someone has a discord set up already it would make things a lot easier to get going.

Comment

Here lies Donald Trump.
                                                        Hitler loved dogs
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                          Trump at his highest estimated approval ratings since mid April. The margins are very small but trajectory is interesting. Little in the way of oscillations since a low of 40.8% at end of July to 44.7% now.

Perhaps the incumbent always sees an increase in approval ratings closer to election time and obviously doesn’t mean Biden isn’t crushing in the polls but I think the polls/ratings will be interesting in the coming days.
                                                          He is massively down in the national polls, the RCP average has him down over 8 points and it's increasing every day. It's a two horse race, of course he has a chance, but it's a small one and would require a miraculous turnaround. At the moment we're on course for the biggest blowout since Reagan times.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

He is massively down in the national polls, the RCP average has him down over 8 points and it's increasing every day. It's a two horse race, of course he has a chance, but it's a small one and would require a miraculous turnaround. At the moment we're on course for the biggest blowout since Reagan times.
                                                            I totally agree, I know he's crushing by double digits in some polls.

I just found that it is somewhat counterintuitive that he's being totally crushed in the polls but his approval ratings of registered voters is consistently improving over the past few months.

Comment

I totally agree, I know he's crushing by double digits in some polls.

I just found that it is somewhat counterintuitive that he's being totally crushed in the polls but his approval ratings of registered voters is consistently improving over the past few months.
                                                              It's still a large net negative number. No president can get re-elected that way.

Comment

It's still a large net negative number. No president can get re-elected that way.
                                                                Yes I understand that but the divergence between approval ratings and polling numbers over the past number of months is interesting nonetheless.

It happened with Obama too where his approval ratings had an uptick in the lead up to his 2nd term having dipped below 50% in the middle of the year.

As I said perhaps it's a common trend for the incumbent irrespective of polling.

Comment

Looks like he's out and about anyway judging by the drive-by photo op yesterday

Can't imagine his Secret Service agents were too enthusiastic about being exposed to a deadly virus for optics.

Comment

Trump should be what, 4/1 at least now?

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Trump should be what, 4/1 at least now?
                                                                        Betting markets are still suspended.
                                                                        Fivethirtyeight have him at 19% and the Economist at 11%.

Pretty safe to imagine that the betting markets will price him considerably lower when they eventually reopen. He was about 6/4 with the traditional bookies before his diagnosis.

Comment

I must say when I saw Trump waving from his covid car it reminded me of Fawlty Towers when Polly was in bed pretending to be a sick Sybil. I think it was the wave that did it. Some may get the reference. .

Comment

Yes I understand that but the divergence between approval ratings and polling numbers over the past number of months is interesting nonetheless.

It happened with Obama too where his approval ratings had an uptick in the lead up to his 2nd term having dipped below 50% in the middle of the year.

As I said perhaps it's a common trend for the incumbent irrespective of polling.
                                                                            Stop you are giving Denny a semi.

Comment

Stop you are giving Denny a semi.
                                                                              Kinda what I was going for, as well as trying to give HJ & SP a little anxiety too.

Largely, I suspect the models are finally starting to factor in Dices prayers.

Comment

In for Among us

Comment

You're bound to see a slow and steady convergence of his approval numbers and his ultimate vote share as you approach November. He's going to get say 45% of the vote no matter what based on partisanship so it's no surprise that people who are resigned to voting for him begin to convince themselves that they approve of him. I'm pretty sure I read from 538 and/or the Economist that this effect is normal.

Comment

...

Comment

I' 'I don't approve of how he has carried out his job so far, but I think he has now learned the lessons from the first term and will be better in the second term, so i will vote for Trump.'
                                                                                      Going to be fun seeing him trying to spin the 'all my lies about coronavirus were proven to be lies and many people died because of it'

'so how will you use this learning positively in your second term?'

'ehhhh'

Comment

...
                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Going to be fun seeing him trying to spin the 'all my lies about coronavirus were proven to be lies and many people died because of it'

'so how will you use this learning positively in your second term?'

'ehhhh'
                                                                                          It's started already:

Cliff Notes: if this "grandfather" gets better more people will die than have to

Comment

I'm reading, by the way, a ridiculously amazing and moving graphic novel at the moment - Maus. It's just phenomenal in a way I've never quite seen before. Like a whole new way of communicating empathy and confusion and history and family relationships.

Maus_%28volume_1%29_cover.jpg
                                                                                            an absolute classic

Comment

I'm reading, by the way, a ridiculously amazing and moving graphic novel at the moment - Maus. It's just phenomenal in a way I've never quite seen before. Like a whole new way of communicating empathy and confusion and history and family relationships.

Maus_%28volume_1%29_cover.jpg

all time great that is.
                                                                                              sadly loaned out years ago and then never got it back
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Betting markets are still suspended.
                                                                                                the Economist at 11%.

Pretty safe to imagine that the betting markets will price him considerably lower when they eventually reopen.
                                                                                                Wanna give me 8/1? 125 to your 1k?
                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-10-20, 11:52.

Comment

Seem to be some movement in th missing Icelandic lad from the Regency....

Significant developments have emerged in the investigation into the mysterious disappearance of Jon Jonsson, who vanished without a trace in Dublin in February last year while at a poker tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Wanna give me 8/1? 125 to your 1k?
                                                                                                    I do not want to do that.

Comment

In for Among Us also
                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

all time great that is.
                                                                                                        sadly loaned out years ago and then never got it back
                                                                                                        Just bought it now for 15 quid . You can have it after me to keep if you want . Our house is overrun .

Comment

How unlike the GAA to jump before they were pushed

EjkLBFZXsAE76cw?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

...

Comment

There seems a clear demand for Among Us! Would some nice person who has played it before say what we need to do to turn this great plan into reality?
                                                                                                              Buy the game on steam for 3 Euros, or play for free on phone. Play using either zoom or discord. It's great fun.

Comment

For us that never heard of it. What is Among Us? Some kind of alien WW game?
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39588424.html
                                                                                                                  Grim, killed for degenning €4k if that's to be believed. So sad that his life wasn't valued more.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                    For us that never heard of it. What is Among Us? Some kind of alien WW game?
                                                                                                                    Description on wiki page make it sound very similar. Even mentions Werewolf in passing a few times, though no mention of Finkel the Goat.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Grim, killed for degenning €4k if that's to be believed. So sad that his life wasn't valued more.
                                                                                                                      Yeah, had heard about the €4k before but heard it was money form a league he had ran where people won tickets to the ACOP (€230). Sounds more like he lost it in a private cash game (hotel room?) rather than in the Poker room with the mentions of "illicet game" and "got a few slaps when he tried to leave". Anyway hopefully they get to the bottom of it for his familys sake. Still strange that no body ever tuned up if it was an accidental death at the hands of another tourist.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Indeed. Who among us hasn't dusted off the case loots but lived to fight another day!

Plenty still doesn't add up though. At least in the reporting of it...

How would his fellow countryman dispose of a body in a foreign country? I know if I accidentally killed someone with an over enthusiastic box round the ear in Iceland I wouldn't have a clue how to successfully cover it up. Probably why I'm not a criminal mastermind.

Also why would he be playing an 'illicit' poker game at a poker tournament? And who plays poker with anyone who might have the potential to dish out a few slaps at the table?

Hope the picture becomes clearer though. Horrible way to go over a relatively paltry sum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39588424.html
                                                                                                                          4k home game?

Doesn't seem a lot for a criminal to fly over and kill a dude for within 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X